Reviews of Hotel Olympia 3 stars

Magdalenastraat 16, Sint-Michiels, 8200 Bruges, Belgium

#82 of 101 hotels in Bruges

• Double or Twin Room

The builders started working on the property early in the morning right outside our window. Maybe something that should have been mentioned on arrived although I do understand the hotel is undergoing renovations.

Nice and clean. Convenient location and free parking. Would recommend for one or two nights.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful Positioned about 20 min walk from the centre of Bruges was perfect location nice and quite area Totally recommend this hotel for any one visiting Bruges

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was a bit pricey but nice

The room was clean spacious with a comfortable large double bed. It was conveniently located 15 mins from the city centre.

• Double or Twin Room

Information about parking. What documents needed to book in.

When you are driving into Eindhoven park at any of the underground parking places (there's about 5 ) in the centre of the city. They all about the same distance from the hotel, and they all cost the same. Remember to o take your passport with you as driving license is not enough!!!! Or it's a 300 metre walk back to the car 😶😶.

• Double or Twin Room

A bit far from downtown (10-15 minutes walking). The guy at the reception wasn't too nice. There was hair on the bed and the room was a bit unfriendly in general.

There were free parking places around the hotel. The whole are is quiet and relaxed. The room is big and the bed was comfy. Good value for money.

• Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee facilities in room. No hooks on doors to hang jackets. Toilet too near shower screen and screen too small.

Hotel in a good neighbouhood. Hotel clean,bright and airy.staff very accomodating.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was super kind and helpful. The room was fully new and clean and even the bed was comfy. We loved this cute hotel, absolute worth the price. It is so close to the center, only 10 minutes by walk. I recommend it everybody!

• Double or Twin Room

The only slight negative was that we had a sloping ceiling over the foot of the bed which I had to be aware of when using the bathroom in the middle of the night! This was only because our room was at the end of the first floor corridor and was to do with the roof line.

The room was bright and clean, the bed comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful - all in all a lovely hotel which we would use again when visiting Bruges 😊

• Double or Twin Room

The room felt a bit small.

Very large bed and walk-in shower. Really great heating - the room heated very quickly. Very friendly staff. The rooms were cleaned daily. Great wi-fi signal.

• Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the walls are like paper. You can hear every single word from the other room. We spent 3 nights here. I was surprised on the 2nd morning when I woke up to the alarm sound which came from the neighbour room. I heard it too clearly. But I wasn't worried at first. On that afternoon a family came to the next room. When we arrived back from the city in the evening we realised that our neighbours were arguing and we heard it like it was in our room. That went on all night long. I tried to ask for a new room from the staff but they said the hotel was fully booked and eventually that night we haven't slept at all. On top of that water in the shower changes temperature from amazingly boiling to normal and that caused some hurtful surprise in every morning.

The hotel is 10-15 minutes from the Flibco Bus stop, and also 10 minutes from the city center. So the location is good. The room was cosy, and clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was quite ok but nothing special.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was so small, even a child of 5 would have had not enough room to move around in. The bed was so small that I had luck that there was a wall either side of the bed otherwise I would have fallen out of the bed. The biggest joke was:The cleaning women said I was not allowed to bring anyone in the room!!! The room was too small for me even though I weigh only 10 sone and 5 foot 6 inches tall.

Nothing, Although if I am fare, the Hotel is very clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Clearer written info on booking.com about parking on street. I was under impression from a P that the hotel had parking. It didnt. I enquired by email, and was told a badge was needed to park by the hotel or 25m away was free without badge. On arrival i told where i had parked over 25m away and was told it was fine. Now i have a 30eu ticket. A second receptionist explained 4hrs was free. I asked for double bed, upstairs room. We were given downstairs and single beds. On enquiry, a room was available with a double bed. Why wasnt it allocated to start with?

The location was good. The bed was comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

We were not able to park our car in the free parking area and had trouble buying a blue parking zone card, maybe this is something the hotel could offer to sell to customers in the future to save a lot of hassle because not all petrol stations had the card available to buy.

The taxi voucher of 8 euros to the centre of the city.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a nice and clean tradition hotel. Family/ independent style. Dated but clean. We thought it was expensive but then maybe not compared to other hotels ( not that we checked) because Brugge is an expensive tourist city.

• Double or Twin Room

There was no air conditioning (which we knew when we booked) and whilst the window could be opened there was no way to secure it in an open position so it had to be closed at night as we had a ground floor room. This made the room rather hot and uncomfortable.

The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and spoke perfect English. The Hotel did not have a car park but there was free on-street parking outside the door. The rooms were a little dated but very clean and functional.

• Double or Twin Room

The room had a bit on an off smell everytime we would enter after a long absence, even though the room was cleaned before. Even though it had a full window-wall, only a small part of it could be opened - so maybe the room could not be properly aired. But nothing too unbearable :)

The staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful - they answered all our questions and nicely explained how to get to the city center, made a drawing on a map, explained where was the nearest supermarket. The bed was excellent, comfortable and huge! One day I asked for a plaster, but the lady in the reception couldn't find a fitting one in the first 5 minutes. I said it's alright and that I didn't need it too urgently so I could buy one later on our way to the city center, and we went upstairs to our room. After another 5 minutes, the lady knocked on our door and handed me 2 fitting plasters. I found it very thoughtful and proof of great service- trying to accommodate me even if I said I'd buy one later :).

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel from outside looks nice but inside is so old,no good maintanance of the room. The toilet smell like sewerage . The room was not very clean and it was very hot. There was not even a fan. Terrible experience. It's not worthy at all for the price which is not cheap at all

• Double or Twin Room

There was no air conditioning in the room which made it quite stuffy. Luckily we were able to open the window very wide.

The ease of access to the city Centre. Friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Decor a little tired & rooms a little small and in need of air conditioning or at least fans when the heat outside is stuffy at night??

Great location, not on top of everything but better for parking and very quiet. 10 minutes walk to the center. Super helpful staff especially the owner who was brilliant with us when we had an issue with one of our bikes.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel is very far from the city centre (30-min walk), and no public transport. Wi-Fi did not work at all, simply no connection. Very strange water in the bathroom. It was so soft we could not wash off the soap form the skin. Taking a shower turned into 1-hour quest. Looks like they have serious problems with central water filter. It softens water too much. We washed hands quite often in the city restaurants and toilets so that was definitely hotel's problem not Bruges. Extremely inconvenient wash basin. It was impossible to wash your face. Quiet location of the hotel was compensated by the noise from the nearby church. Its bells were very-very loud. No conditioner, that's OK. But no anti mosquito screens on windows - that was serious problem. During hot days you cannot even open windows, mosquitoes will eat you alive. There were lots of them!

Nice and friendly staff. Provided electrical adaptor for free. Close to shops (LIdl, Aldi).

• Double or Twin Room

Contrary to the hotel description, there is no parking at the hotel. Parking is free on the street for a maximum of 4 hours. There are some free parkings without time limit further in the street, but there is often no free place! In my order I specifically indicated that I needed parking, and the situation did not at all meet my expectations!

Staff are welcoming and helpful. Correct continental breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Room needs repairs here and there, window is so dirty that one could barely enjoy the garden view, which is nice by the way, bathroom and bath itself are tiny. Walls and the door are too thin, you will hear all your neighbours' talks. Mind the location - you'll have to walk for a while both to the station and to the city center. It could be ok if you don't plan to see much and only want to stay in a quiet place. Breakfast is rather modest - in the city center it's easier to find more interesting options for the price just on the street.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like all: starting with bad locstion, continuing to dirty towels and finished with unfriendly and unprofessional staff!!!

All was total disaster!

• Double or Twin Room

By far the worst hotel I have been to, and I have seen many for work. Dusty, terrible beds, small rooms with some 30-year-old basic furniture, teeny tiny bathroom with very bad, low-quality accessories. Honestly guys, a disaster. Bad service as well: they didn't come clean the room one day, I have asked to remove a child bed and came only after 1 day. Just don't go please. And it's a pity, cause it is in a strategic position, has good WiFI and looks cute from the outside. But inside...And what still astonishes me, they asked 110 euro per night!! This is worth 50-60 euro instead, and I would not go back anyway.

Good WiFi, good position if coming by car, free parking on street

• Double or Twin Room

They block my card two times for the same accommodation, now I am waiting to see how many times they will settle my amount......

Breakfast, bed and bathroom

• Double or Twin Room

Couldn't get the heating to work at all times. Had a couple of issues with spiders.

Super friendly staff. Outside the old city but an easy walk into town and to the train station. Interior is old but still elegant and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

They have free public parking, but unfortunately its a bit of a walk from the hotel and it can be full. So if you come early you have to park along the street and use a parking disc and change the time every 3-4hrs. The hassle free parking lot cleared up in the evening so I was able to move my car there the rest of my stay. The rooms is a Lil outdated, but it was clean. We was surprised at checkout though. There was a surprise tourist/city tax and we had to pay per person per night. I have a young child and was charged for him as well. I think they should have included that to the price of the room in the first place.

I liked that it's walking distance to the city center. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms and bathroom was clean. They had a lot of channels in English! I loved it.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Everything perfect

Comfy clean beds Knowledgeable staff Fantastic breakfast Friendly polite staff went above and beyond to help Would stay again Thank you

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Because it is an older hotel the walls are fairly thin. Luckily, it was a quiet night.

very friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was lovely and the bed very comfortable. The hotel is in great proximity to the old town 15 minute walk. There is a lift for heavy bags. We enjoyed our night stay. And would stay again

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast at 12€ per person daily is a little steep. The hotel is showing its age although still very comfortable.

Frendly staff. Very comfortable bed. Uncomplicated WiFi and fairly quiet

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful (they even kept our bags during the day to visit the city), very good and abundant breakfast, the location next to the train station (10 minute walk) and the city center (20 minute walk): you could not hope for better!

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Walls very thin (could hear the couple next door...). Bathroom a little small. Not many TV channels and quality not the greatest.

Room comfortable, clean and suitably sized. WiFi worked well. A simple, straight 15 min walk to the west gate of the city centre.

• Double or Twin Room

Considering new year. The bar was shut early both nights 30th and 31st December. So you need to take a kettle if you wanted hot drinks. That was not advertised. Don't know if I would stay again over new year.

The staff were friendly. The free parking was good. The rooms were comfortable and warm.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

On the first night we didn't have heating and outside was -10C The look of the room comparing with the room's pictures is dissapointing.

I did like the free car park

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The decor was a little dated and could be a little more modern. The television did not have a great reception

The room was comfortable with a lovely big bed. Very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

All was AOK

Location excellent for . walking round Brugges . Very quiet street . Near to town Staff very friendly and helpful . Will definitely use the hotel again when in Brugges . And we will visit Brugges again .

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Walls were too thin that you can hear snoring person from next room. Wifi was not working Door locks are old and room identifications were not great so someone ended up forcing our door at the middle of the night

Bed and Pillows were good

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The room seemed to be a bit small and old fashioned, but comfortable.

Most appreciated the great location, only about 15 minutes by walk to the historical city centre and not far from the train station either. Also the receptionist was very kind and hospitable at all times of our stay.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It was filthy! I'm okay with older hotel but this place was just disgusting. - clogged shower - gross old mold in the sink - holes in the doors - black mold around toilet The manager doesn't care if you don't like the hotel, she'll make you feel like the cleanliness of the room is your fault. The room was really strangely set up. Twin beds and a misplaced headboard, with a random wicker chair.

The location was a short walk into the city and the parking was free but off site

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing to speak of. We only stayed one night on through trip.

Pleasant helpful staff, clean room, close to city centre. Didn't have any meals so could not comment. Ample secure parking two motorcycles.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The shower was over a small bath which was a bit tricky to get in and out of - also very slippy.

We received a friendly welcome and thought all the staff were lovely.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I found some hair in the bathroom, otherwise everything was clean. The furniture seemed a bit old, especially the bathrooms. But charming and a good value for price. Also the walls are very thin and we could hear the neighbours talking, we didn't mind tough.

The staff was very nice, extraordinarily friendly and super supportive! Free parking nearby was also a plus. We felt very welcome.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Good quiet location, ten/fifteen minute walk from hotel to Markt and Burg area of Bruges. All the staff were helpful, polite and informative. Bed was huge and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

the key chain for the room was bulky in my wallet/pocket but that's a good thing to prevent losing them.

the beds are so comfy they will suck you in and lull you to sleep. I wish they had a under sheet below the comforter because it got hot with that thick topper but it was still great! staff is so amazingly friendly and awesome to encounter. parking was so convenient since anywhere was free on the weekend and there was a parking lot right down the row a few hundred feet

• Double or Twin Room

Couldnt park too near to hotel but it was free parking

Beds were very comfortable and hotel had a lovely modern feel to it

• Double or Twin Room

nice staff, clean room, very dog friendly

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel in a quiet neighborhood with friendly staff. I highly recommend it for your next trip to Bruges.

• Double or Twin Room

Could do with air conditioning haha

Nice and tidy, comfortable rooms and friendly helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Taxis would not bring us back to hotel from city center because it was to short.

Clean and very nice. Located conveniently to Bruges historic area.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff is extremely helpful

• Double or Twin Room

Great staff, beer, friendly other guests.

• Double or Twin Room

I arrived to a bathroom that had clearly not been clean.

The place is brand new and rather well decorated.

• Double or Twin Room

No much light in the room and the bed wasn't comfortable

Our room was clean

• Double or Twin Room

Still needed to upgraded and the lighting in the room was non existing.

Friendly Staff

All good.

Location was good, 10min walk to centre. Parking free in public space. Just being refurbished, so modern and clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Wish the shower had a larger door

Newly renovated, very friendly staff.

Nothing in particular

Clean, very good money for value

• Double or Twin Room

The location was a little far off from the town centre

The bed was comfy, staff friendly and I was made to feel welcome throughout my stay

Rooms need modernising

Clean hotel and friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

The Staffs are really nice. They are the real star of the property.

• Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel! Really peaceful area!

• Double or Twin Room

There are no comments available for this review

Staff were very good

Small, comfortable hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

the hotel served its purpose

nice friendly and helpful staff and the hotel was adequate for our purpose in a quiet location

• Double or Twin Room

Room rather tired. Hotel very dark. Quite a long walk to the city centre.

Staff very friendly. Room very clean

• Double or Twin Room

No tea coffee facilities in the room

Quiet location

• Double or Twin Room

A little difficult to shower in a very small bath

Huge bed and good size room

Quite old facility

Good location, 10 minutes walk to center. Parking free of charge near by. Good Wi-Fi. Affable staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Would have been perfect with tea making facilities in the room

Helpful staff, very clean rooms with large, comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Small room with basic facilities

Easy walk to centre of city

• Double or Twin Room

Easy to find and plenty of parking

Bed was very comfy

• Double or Twin Room

Slightly far out of city centre

Good value for money as not in the middle of expensive Bruges

n/a

Just a nice place to stay in Brugge. Very close to the city center./ only 10 mins.

Browse Hotel Olympia traveller photo gallery