Reviews of Hotel Villa Royale 3 stars

Rue Royale 195, Sint-Joost-ten-Node, 1210 Brussels, Belgium

#147 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Based on 2022 hotel reviews

It is a nice Hotel, beds are great (Boxspring) and staff is...

It is a nice Hotel, beds are great (Boxspring) and staff is very friendly, it is near the center and the botanique garden is just round the Corner and very beautiful. Price was ok, the hotel is comfortable and clean, so a good choice

A really nice and well located Place

Nothing much really.

Well located, Rooms and baths are very clean. Really nice looking and well designed for both solo travelers and friends. Nice and helpful staff. I was only there for 1 night and I totally enjoyed my stay.

The mattrese was comfortable and the distance to city center...

There was dust in bathroom, there alwas no shower support, the door handle was broken, the furniture old and the window were not closing properly so lot of noise

The mattrese was comfortable and the distance to city center was very short

The hotel is nice and quite well located - close to...

The hotel is nice and quite well located - close to Botanique metro station and a tram line. My room was clean, equipped with a small fridge. The reception staff was excellent - very friendly, competent and helpful.

Overall a nice enough, basic boutique hotel and centrally located.

Carpets were not cleaned every day. Light fitting in the bathroom was hanging out and very basic bathroom amenities eg. Plastic cups, no toiletries.

Bed was really comfortable. Reception staff were helpful and friendly.

Close to meeting point

Too hot, no ac, no fan, trash left in room, wrong room was given ( but changed right away), too bright streetlights ( shine through curtains weren’t enough), a lot of noise on the street.

Close to meeting point

I was booking this flat for my business partner, gave all...

I was booking this flat for my business partner, gave all credit card details but was not charged while booking was made. I dont know why. Then my business partner was asked to pay for his stay. Very unprofessional.

Excellent hotel for a reasonable price.

Roadside rooms could be slightly noisy due to traffic. I hava sensitive ears. This may not be a problem for others.

Excellent location, excellent service, clean room and excellent breakfast.

This hotel is not safe.

A man entering my room at 7am and the reception did not know who he was. The reception guy did not bother to find out and behaved like it was no big deal.

One helpful lady at the reception, however only one.

great property, would benefit from an upgrade

Cleanliness

Foam mattress was very poor and too big for the bed. Also the mattress was very worn The TV mounted on the wall at the end of the bed was a bad design mistake. It restricts movements in the room and is an injury risk.

just a few meters away from carrefour and train/bus stop.

the cover for shower is not full, so a lot of water spill on the floor.

just a few meters away from carrefour and train/bus stop. comfortable bed and room.

A cosy and comfortable place.

I stayed here previously and I don't know what to complain about. The staff are really the kindest and lovely, always there to help. The owner of the hotel should be so proud to have them. I shall stay there again without any reservations. The place is kept very clean and I have been given a quiet room. The WIFI is 100% functional all the time.

I would stay again.

I missed ventilator in the bathroom. Ther is no A/C so not easy in the hot summer. No regulation of heating in room only in bathroom and we had to ask for the heating to be turn on. Very very soft bed.

Very helpful and nice staff. Very close to the metro and the city center. Good breakfast. Nice and clean. There is coffee maker in lobby. Big shower. Nice sofa.

Comfort & joy

Not a single thing !

I could open the window, no nousy airconditioners!!! Great location, spacious rooms, friendly stuff. Аltogether excellent value for money

Silence at least in my room

Nothing in particular I didn't have the breakfast because too expensive for what I usually have. At Few metres you have a carrefour express with cruncy and fresh pastries every morning including coffee tea and cappuccino for 3 euro

Silence at least in my room

A good option in Brussels

Wifi was poor, specially if not near to the door of the room, where it was good. The bed was not comfortable nor were the pillows (too high). Anyway all of this depends on the tastes of each one. The bed was clean and spacious. The towels could have been cleaner and better quality. Hot water was good abundant. The bath tub could have been better designed as for tall persons spilling water to the floor will happen.

It is well located, easy to find with supermarkets around and also near to the center, metro and train station. The room was spacious with many windows facing the main street. I was surprised that the noise was extremely reduced versus my expectations. The whole room shakes when the tram passes, but nothing dramatic. The toilet is also spacious with a window, that is good to air the room.

Am in Europe drive and Belgium did surprise me with lots of...

No parking

Am in Europe drive and Belgium did surprise me with lots of smiles from ppl to police. Hotel i stayed was villa Royale and was one of the best stays so far as part of my drive. I would totally recommend everyone to choose this place.

Very clean.

You have to give 100 euros for deposit in case you smoke in the room or destroy something. This was not mentioned on the website. Plus, you have to pay for all on arrival, not at check out, unlike many other countries we have travelled.

Very clean.

One night. Not worth the price

Cleaning should be done more properly, especially, bathrooms and carpets (!). Some little touches for comfort should be done as suggested by many visitors: towel hangers in the bathroom, renovation of the shower, it was horrible: water coming out of the tub, weak water flow, hot water takes forever. Lights are too dark. The only hotel (from all booking.com experience) that asked for my card details after arrival to secure the damage (?).

Great location near metro, tram stops and North station, attractions easily accessible, spacious room, elevator to the rooms.

Worthy it to stay with good price ! I loved it

Nothing to complain. The first stay the room was smaller but this time I had more spacious room than the previous visit. I liked it.

This was my second time to stay at this hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean too. It had a good size of window so in the morning the light would come in to wake us up naturally which I liked. The staffs are very kind and helpful. They were always smiling and capable of speaking good English. I would stay here again with reasonable price for this hotel. There is market right next to it and it has metro, tram near by which is so convenient. I recommend it!:)

Expensive stay

1. The hotel was too expensive compared to the price I paid i.e. EUR 142 (average) per night. 2. There was no electric kettle in the room and could not drink warm water during cold weather. However, on request, the next day, staff at a front desk arranged an electric kettle for me. 3. There are no complementary coffee, tea, tooth paste, brush, etc., in the room, despite of the huge price for the room. There were two plastic glasses in the bathroom and not appropriate to use to drink warm or hot water so I had to borrow from the hotel kitchen. 4. Central heating system was not so good. There was no option to change temperature and speed of the heating system. The room was so cold during - (minus) degree temperature. 5. The heating tube in the bathroom was not working. 6. There was no shower curtain or door so water goes everywhere while taking bath. 7. Once, water ran out for about a minute while taking bath, so I had to wash with cold water. After sometime hot water was available. 8. Lift is so small, hardly 3 persons can transfer at a time without luggage. If people have a luggage then you will need to wait until the lift comes back and it consumes lot of time waiting for the lift.

The rooms and bathroom were very neat and clean. Bathroom is also very spacious. The front desk office staff were friendly and nice. Locker in the room, refrigerator was useful and handy. Hot water in the bathroom Hotel is good for overnight stay only.

Nice hotel good location

Well before I traveled I asked if it was possible to keep the room as my bus didn’t leave till very late in the evening. The hotel mailed me back and said I could keep the room until I was ready to leave but would be a 30 Euro charge and that was no problem for me!! But at 12 the phone in our room wouldn’t stop ringing asking us why we haven’t left....even though we had paid and then to find out we had to leave at 3pm......!!! I wouldn’t of bothered.

The hotel is near the train station and very near the centre walking is like 20mins. Hotel is clean and rooms are small but they are comfortable. Our window view was a brick wall but didn’t really bother us much. The shower is really lovely but water goes everywhere as there is no shower door or curtain. Beds were comfortable and has a little fridge which was handy.

The hotel is very close to Brussels-nord train station.

There is not enough light in the room and in the bathroom.

The hotel is very close to Brussels-nord train station. So it takes 10-15 min walk and there is a train to Brussels Zaventem airport, which goes for 15 min only. The room is clean and comfortable.

Excellent choice for a short time business trip.

Small bedroom (reasonable for Brussels), no tea or coffee in the room, shower sprayed over the floor.

Very friendly, smiling and helpful staff, gave us a map of the city and provided information as if they were travel guides. They have special arrangements with the taxi service that makes it way more affordable! The existence of the nice coffee machine in the lobby for the use of the guests compensates for the lack of a coffee machine in the room.

Ok for a short sejourn. The hostel is a little old and doesn t correspond to a 3*.

The room was very noisy because it was in front on the main road. I have asked to change it, but it was not possible... I am a little sensitive for that and I couldnt take a rest during the night...

Correct price.

All in all, a pleasant stay.

There were white paint leftovers from the walls on one of the tables, which was not cleaned before my arrival/after my first night there. There was dust under the sink in the bathroom where the towels were kept, which made me not trust the cleanliness of the towels anymore. The furniture seemed to be in better condition in the photos.

Very polite staff. The hotel was close to the Gare Centrale, and easy to reach from the airport. The room looked nice and was confortable, although the furniture looked better in the photos on this website. The soap and shower gel were pleasant. The bathroom looked nice. The elevator was prompt. The reception was 24/7. The room was confortable for my trip.

Ok for once but wouldn't visit twice

There was a smell from the bathrooms drainage system making the room's smell unpleasant. In general, the whole hotel did not give a good sense of cleanliness.

The bed was excellent, weve slept very well.

The shower, didnt know where to hang. Annoying with taking a shower. And we got no explanation about public transport or nice things in neighbourhood. More information about the parking would be nice on site, example the name of the parking. Weve searched a long time for a good parking spot when we arrived.

The bed was excellent, weve slept very well. Almost no noice from outside. The location was also really good, 15 minutes walking to the shoppingstreet(Nieuwestraat) and 20 minutes to Grand Place. The room was clean. Bota parking is really close, like 3 minutes from. It was a nice stay!

Check out argument with receptionist. Never again!

We had a big problem with night/morning receptionist!! He accused all of us from smoking in our rooms and he was demanding extra penalty fee for that! At first - nobody smoked in their rooms, at second this is not how you behave to your clients!!! We were accommodated just because it was close to venue Botanique (played there that night). We also told this horrible experience to Botanique crew and hopefully they would never ever send any band to your hotel. There is nothing worse then argument with hotel receptionist when you haven't done nothing!

Short stay

That the isolation of the windows was very poor and all the noises from the street were very loud indoors almost as if the window would be open all the time. Also the bed was definitely a bit old/very used, because it had a good in the middle of it.

That it had a good location.

Good location, clean rooms.

Some rooms are too noisy. The staff is incompetent ( all three shifts did not manage to issue invoice) and some are even impolite...

Good location, clean rooms.

Won't visit again but it was not the worst for the price and for Brussels' horrible hotel situation!

++ the balcony door was broken throughout my whole stay and when I asked to repair it right after my arrival they provisionally "repaired" it ++ shower was clogged and when I asked to clean it they did not ++ the balcony was full of cigarette buds when I arrived in the room ++ one night I came to my room and the TV was on ++

++ location ++ basic room ++ easy check-in and check-out ++ price-quality was OK for Brussels ++

Staff were lovely and new the best places to go, would stay again but only for 2 nights max

The bed was very uncomfortable - no tea and coffee in your room which always is a bonus, the shower facilities were blocked by draining. Asked for things to be sorted and only half was sorted.

Staff were lovely and helpful, close to city centre once you’ve found your way around

Good quality for the bucks, a bit remote from the city centre (20 mins walk)

The air conditioning system was malfunctioning, it was always blowing heat (20 c)+ and therefore the room because hot. In the end we opened up the window to cooldown a bit. The bathroom was not really 100% clean, more 90% because some spots were missed during the cleaning, but what to expect from a 3 star hotel?

Super carefull check-in. Explaination in dutch which is a rare in Brussels (mostly french speaking). It is quite in the hotel.

Hotel is nice the double bed is two single beds pushed...

The location was bad. I felt very uncomfortable walking around at any time especially at night time. I had groups of men shouting stuff to me while I was walking beside my partner. Felt unsafe and never felt comfortable. Located just a few minutes away by Brussels red lighting district. Would not recommend families to stay here especially with young children.

Hotel is nice the double bed is two single beds pushed together but overall it was nice. Hairdryer was broken and would spark and turn off which I felt was very dangerous. Staff was ok . We were told we were not allowed use a visa debit card only a credit card would work or else pay €100 in cash for a deposit,, this was not explained on booking.com

Bed bugs

This hotel has bed bugs. I was bitten by them in two separate rooms. In the first room I stayed in I found an adult and once I requested to be moved I was also bitten in the second room and found two juveniles. I asked for a refund and was told I had to email the manager. They did not reply. I informed booking.com and 2 weeks later I got a response from them saying not only will I not get a refund but the hotel flat out denied ever having them. The hotel sprayed my bag with a chemical rhey had so I didn't transport them. Not sure why a hotel who has never had bed bugs before as they claimed had this spray!

Really nice staff and wifi is really good

The hot water in the toilet it not hot, I have to turn it on and wait for a while until it turn warm.

The bed are very comfy and wifi is really good, it's fast and stable.

The staff was friendly and helpful

Our double room was incredibly small. The bed could hardly for both of us (was definitely not double) and really uncomfortable .. think it may have been broken as our upper body/heads were sinking downwards

The staff was friendly and helpful

Budget accommodation in decent location

Breakfast was expensive, as was the taxi transfer the hotel advertises on booking.com, cheaper to arrange own transfer.

Good location. Metro station at top of road. Friendly, helpful staff. Offered immediate upgrade for my son due to problem with bedroom door. All in all, a budget hotel in a good location.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Was close to my venue, had twin beds, was overall clean.

The matress felt very uncomfortable, it was too noisy at night (windows overlooking to the busy street)

Was close to my venue, had twin beds, was overall clean.

Pricing 200 EURO x night ABSOLUTELY NOT acceptable for such...

Pricing 200 EURO x night ABSOLUTELY NOT acceptable for such a old/low profile hotel. Heating was not working - cleanliness not ok - old and run down facility

I will never stay in this hotel again, run down, paint peeling off walls, breakfast barely edible,

Hard bed, not enough bed clothes, cold room and bathroom very cold indeed, bath too narrow, no overhead shower, no bathroom comforts like soap toothpaste, shampoo etc. hot water below temperature, unable to get a good night's sleep, cold, cold, cold..................

It was ok.

The bed sheets were dirty when we arrived. There was no heating in the room for the 3 days so the room was very cold.

Location was good. Staff were friendly

Fine.

There was no electricity in the morning 2 times after they resolve this problem. Very cold room and the lightening was too dark if you need to reed something on the couch. Breakfast is ok, if you don't have any food requirements (like if you can eat eggs, meat or cereal). No fruits.

The room was the same as you can see in pictures. My room was wide with balcony.

Too pricy, and too many ambulances or police movement throughout nite disturbance

Bad location, breakfast was limited and not worth for euro 12.

Bad location, to arrive to Brussels nood, too steep incline to walk from train station to hotel

Could be better

bedsheets not been changed after spending one night in the hotel, Unnecessary tables taking space in the room and poor quality towels

Close to the centre and public transport

Good location, good and friendly staff at the reception. Condition and cleaning of room very poor

Fridge was not working for days. After numerous request it was finally fixed. Room was badly cleaned and had to ask a number of times for the room to be cleaned.

Nothing except for the friendly and helpful staff at the reception.

Provided what I needed - a convenient bed for the night - but wouldn't choose to stay again.

Located on a busy road, so noisy on that side of the building. The hotel itself was also very noisy (other guests). The fixtures and fittings were rather tired/need replacing. Breakfast buffet was good but it wasn't included in the price (for my booking, at least) making the overall cost of the hotel not really good value for money.

Convenient location, close to the Botanique Metro station, and only 20mins walk from the city centre. Good wifi connection.

Cheap 3 star hotel near my conference venue (area42) otherwise not recommended

Hotel mixed up my flight time for the airport transfer. When i called they ask me to pay double for the driver to come back but luckily no charges upon arrival. Toilet floods easily and when the chair is pulled to work at the table, there will be no space to walk.

Bed was comfy and wifi good

Good location, nice hotel but the staff attitude was not the right one!

The radiator from our room (502) was not functional and in the room was very cold. I went to the receptionist 3 times within 3 hours to ask him for a solution, he said he will handle it but each time he didn't took any action. The fourth time I went to him to see whats happening he said he will change my room and after 5 mins he said there are no rooms left in the hotel to change mine. So he gave me an electrical radiator, which I used until I checked out (3 days). No one came to repair the radiator. The staff attitude was not the right one, they were very unprofessional.

Very good location, 5 mins walking to Botanique metro station. Nice hotel, good conditions for a 3 stars hotel.

Appalling service and treatment.

We stayed for 2 nights. The first morning informed the receptionist that our sink plugged was stuck. She advised a person would attend that day. Back that evening. Sink still has water in it!Toilet has not been cleaned ! Cracked plastic cups still from the day before! So nobody has serviced the toilet or fixed the sink! but they have made the bed and we have clean towels. But had to use the bath to clean our teeth! Room on the road was obviously noisy and for the price we paid!!! On leaving the hotel there was not on apology for anything. The same receptionist said for the second time she would get someone to attend the problem as we explained too late , we're checking out . Still no apology?

The location.

Everything was ok, except the front desk... the receptionist didn't have an experience!

I didn't like the treat there especially the front desk receptionist, very very poor service no communication and to me it was kind of rude to not talk to the customers they just ignor us, to me it was looks like non experienced on them.

I did like the hotel, is nice clean the room was quite small but was okay.

Stuff was very nice and friendly.

Both rooms we stayed in were noizy so i was waking up several times every night. Twin bed is not twin... its double bed with 2 matrasses( picture attached). There are way too much furniture in the room! I was not able to open a closet( picture attached). Me and my friend were only able to move around the room only in case sommeone was sitting on a bed. Its not the most expensive hotel in brussels( we paid almost 400 euros per 3 nights) but we expected it to be a bit better.

Stuff was very nice and friendly. I got an additional request through booking to get a twin room. By the time we arrived no twin rooms were available but thanks to receptionist we were able to get one in short time. Room was clean, location is nice, furniture & linen was new and nice quality

My worst hotel stay, EVER!!

A couple of things: First, I ordered a double bed. When I got there they gave a tiny room with a twin bed. When I insisted that a double was what I reserved & paid for, I got a slightly larger but dusty room with a double bed where lights didn't work properly, no hot water, no safe, no shelves in the mini bar(which was also not working), bed not properly made & sheet stained & crumpled, only 2 bath towels for 2 people for 2 nights & 3 days. I had to change rooms twice before I got a slightly more acceptable room in which the bed was so close to the closet we could hardly turn around properly, there was not enough space for the 2nd night table, no AC - & it was hot so we were burning up for the 2 nights AND I still had to accept a twin bed! The guy at reception when I checked in tried to be helpful but kept telling me he doesn't check, nor is he responsible for the rooms. He tried though. The ladies who were there (apparently tidies the rooms) just kept staring - not helpful at all. The last straw was, although I booked the room on booking.com with the Sauna included as one of the amenities FREE OF COST - and I know I am not blind & I can read very well - it suddenly wasn't when I was ready to use it. When checked the hotel site...lo & behold, it miraculiusly had a cost attached.

Easy access to public transportation. I hopped on a bus from the airport which took me to the bud stop just 2-3 mins walk from the hotel; very easy to find. Breakfast was not bad.

Confy bed.

Old and dirty carpet. Old funiture. Not so clean overall. No water - for a short period but when I need it the most!

Confy bed. Good breakfast with lot of options.

We paid Euro 155 for 3 nights which is exceptional value for what we received.

Possibly the lack of a kettle or a tea tray in the bedroom for after hours although there is a vending machine downstairs on the ground floor which is not practical if you are on the 5th floor. Also prices for hot water in vending is Euro 2.00 which is rather steep.

The staff were really welcoming, friendly and nothing was to much trouble for them. Buffet breakfast was very good value for money and plenty to choose from. It is better to arrive early as not everything is replenished and you are left to your own devices. All requests were swiftly dealt with and you are felt valued as a guest, all in all a very pleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Romantic weekend in Brussels

The hotel is not so central, so you have to walk 20 minutes to reach the city center. There was some hair in the bath tube when we arrived. Also, I asked the staff for advice on supermarkets around the area, but I was given wrong information as the supermarket mentioned by the staff member was closed when I got there.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet. We arrived before the check in time and the staff let us leave our luggage in the reception so that we could visit the city easily. We were allowed to pay separately by credit card.

Relaxing and welcoming.

The bed was too soft, leading to a couple of restless nights and the walls were very thin.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was good, within walking distance of sights, bars, restaurants, etc.

Bad service, bad rooms, old hotel.

My first room didn't have AC working. They moved me to a second room that didn't have hot water in the shower. When I asked to change rooms again, they said that It was already all booked up and I had to stay with this room. I took a cold shower in a place that made 9 degrees Celsius. When They made me change rooms again the new one didn't have AC. So I stayed because I was done packing and unpacking my stuff. Lousy breakfast and expensive. Staff who doesn't help you at all. Awful hotel.

There is place for improvement

The two person's room with shared bed is very small. They told us that if we check-out half an hour later we will have to pay extra 30euros

The good thing was that the hotel is very clean and central.

Clean and comfortable room

No tea-coffee making equipment in the room.

Clean, renovated room as I requested. Good location. Very close to metro botanic and wolking distance to shopping street rue neuw.

The staff where friendly and welcoming.

The rooms were far too warm on several occasions, and without air conditioning it was very difficult to cool down. The breakfast had very little to choose from. The walls aren't very sound proof so you can hear a lot from rooms nearby. In the room there was no kettle/tea/coffee/milk or even any cups so if you want one you where forced to use there extremely overpriced vending machines on the bottom floor, inconvenient if you're staying on any other floor except ground.

The staff where friendly and welcoming. The hotel and furnishings are very modern and stylish. The bed was a good size and the room had a few facilities within it such as a mini fridge, a desk and a TV. The hotel is only a 15 minute walk from the Grand Palace and only 5 minutes away from a few shopping centres and the main strips. There is easy access to public transport such as the bus, tram and underground all within a two minute walk.

Good value hotel in a good location with great staff

No tea and coffee facilities in the room. Shower sprayed all over the bathroom floor.

Staff are helpful and lent me a plug traveller adaptor when mine broke. Also provided recommendations of places to visit on my free morning. I asked for a quiet room and although overlooking the street it was quiet - no noise heard from adjoining rooms. Hotel is just 3 minutes walk from Botanique station and also close to Rogier. You can walk to the centre of Brussels in 20 minutes. Good selection of food available at the buffet breakfast - eggs, sausages, cereals, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cheese and cold meats, bread, croissants, nuts and dried fruit.

The staff was very polite and welcoming, everything looked...

Our room was a bit on the small side, including the bed, but everything was fine.

The staff was very polite and welcoming, everything looked nice. Close to the city centre, metrostation, and the lovely park Botanique.

Nice enough, but don't expect much

The cleanliness wasn't the best - our bed sheets had pink lipstick smudged into it, which wasn't particularly pleasant. There were also very limited facilities in the rooms: no toiletries (except from a box of tissues and some disposable soap), and no kettle or tea/coffee-making facilities. There was also no air con in the room, which I was expecting for some reason, and this was a problem on our first night where the temperature was 35 degrees during the day and it was uncomfortably hot in the room. However on our other two nights it was much cooler so we didn't mind having no climate control. The location of the hotel was okay - it was about 30 minutes' walk down the main road to get to the main Arts/Museum area of the city, were there were things do to and places to eat. The hotel is also 2 minutes' walk from the Botanical Gardens which were lovely, and 1 minute's walk from a supermarket where we bought croissants every day. Unfortunately there were no restaurants or coffee shops in the immediate area (except a few kebab shops).

The beds were comfortable, and the receptionist with the glasses was very friendly and helpful, saying to us every morning. When we arrived our window was locked into place with no key, and the safe was locked shut and couldn't be reset, so when we asked the man with the glasses at reception he sorted it out for us. I booked this hotel very last minute as it was advertised as having 42% off, so the value was great compared to other hotels in the area. On that basis I can't really complain about much.

Bed was comfortable.

The room a bit small. Nothing in the fridge not even water.

Bed was comfortable. It was clean and the recepsionist guy was very nice and helpful. Good Wi-Fi.

Nice staff and comfortable room.

The view wasn't that good; it seemed to be a concrete parking lot without any cars or a way to entry. Bathroom could've used some work as well since the shower-head decided to randomly spray in every direction possible.

Nice and affordable room with multilingual staff. Room was at a comfortable temperature and really clean.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Bathroom is very dated and dirty.

Bathroom is very dated and dirty. Shower didn't have an hanger and I had to hold the shower throughout The room was too dark because there wasn't light in the actual room but just tiny bed lights and hallway

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Outrageous discrimination under security pretexts.

I found discriminatory and unapproapriate the behavious of the staff, assuming that because of the Latin origin of the guest, the credit card used to book the room had been stolen. Outrageous.

uncomfortable-dont wanna go back

The hotel definitely needs to be updated. I admit that I have fallen for the photos! First of all there was a cable sticking out of the air conditioner remote that it was dangerous! Furthermore, there was hair all over the place. I could not get comfortable. First day that we arrived i realized that there is a leftover hair in the bathtub drain from the last customer. (which also did not get cleaned in the second day) Next, I have found blond hair (i have carbon black hair) on my face towel. (I had to dry my face with paper towel rest of the time) The last day during breakfast I have found an hair inside the olive bowl. I don't know if I was extremely unlucky or the place was not properly cleaned! Carpets were outdated and dirty looking. Parking was a disaster. We could not find place in the nearby parking lot so we had to park in the pavement. Walking distance to the center is approximately 20 minutes. There are more central hotels with a similar budget.

wi-fi comfy bed staff

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

We got an amazing room, it was spacious, modern, and...

We got an amazing room, it was spacious, modern, and comfortable. It has everything you need, the bed was comfortable, big TV, the bathroom was big and clean. The only thing is that the thing where you hang the shower head was broken so you had to hold it with your hand, but it was a minor detail. Overall great experience. The personnel was very welcoming and kind.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

It was decent.

I wish that the receptionist would be nicer, I arrived at 1:30pm that day, and he would not allow me to check in (check-in is at 2pm, I know this) but I requested if he could check if the room is prepared, just to be sure. But he was adamant about this. I had no problems checking in early at other hotels and some will just clean the room faster upon my request. The room does not have a kettle nor a 'do-not-disturb' sign. It was lacking a little bit. Sometimes at night it can be noisy, people rapping for like good 30 mins in the middle of night. Or drunkards making a ruckus. Not good for light sleepers.

The room was comfortable, no doubt. Everything was clean and tidy. They have a lift, so its easy for those heavy packers. Location was good, it is near the train station. But the area may seem a little dark at night, not enough street lamps and there were housing areas there. OTW to the train station is a huge down slope, if you want to get back to the hotel, you have to walk back up on a steep street. It is not recommended for people with weak knees (esp old people).

Friendly and positive experience

the hotel can not provide hygienic facilities (tooth paste tooth brush and etc) and the breakfast is not included (10 Eur per person is expensive)

near to the city center and very clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Very good place

The room is too small, which I wouldn't mind had there not been one drawback. Because of it, there is no table therefore no place to sit in front of a computer and possibly do some work for bussiness or personal.

The looby is nice and reception too. The staff is good and so is location. The room is clean, bed is comfortable, tv is wide. Overall very positive impressions.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Lovely out of the way hotel, just outside the city center.

As you're walking to the hotel, the sign is blocked by the pharmacy, which led us to walk right past it a few times in circles.

Very easy check-in. Room was a decent size for 2 of us. The only gripe we had was that the main light was by the front door, and the main part of the room was lit by the bedside lamps and desk lamp. Breakfast was very good continental style breakfast. The restaurant round the corner (Le Chambord) was FANTASTIC!

Browse Hotel Villa Royale traveller photo gallery