Reviews of ibis Hotel Brussels Airport 3 stars

Bessenveldstraat 17, 1831 Diegem, Belgium

#13 of 14 hotels in Diegem

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Breasfast is very good.

Room is very small and it would be good to have it renovated.

Breasfast is very good. As well as restaurant downstairs. I've had very good salmon with fries and salad. Shuttle bus goes from hotel to Brussels airport. Normal place to stay one night before going somewhere else.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Noisy hotel, unfriendly staff.

Staff is not friendly (some exceptions). Smiling or being helpful seems ‘forbidden’. The hotel and rooms very noisy. Too busy at breakfast and staff cannot follow, what a mess!!

Location is ok, close to the AirPort. Rooms are clean and have the minimum comfort one needs. Price is competitive.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

If this is the Ibis, what must the Ibis Budget be like?
    • Standard Twin Room

Walls wafer thin - I had to bang on the connecting door and tell the occupant to turn his TV down. I believe that the whole hotel might be non-smoking so I was not given a choice; however the room I was located had clearly once been a smoking room as it smelled faintly of stale tobacco. Breakfast was not worth 15 Euros. Altogether low-rent, but at a premium price.

Close to Airport and NATO HQ. Friendly staff on Reception. That's it.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Stuck at the hotel or a 17 euro taxi to the airport and a short train ride into Brussels.
    • Standard Twin Room

No restaurant during weekends. Shuttle does not operate for about 6 hours during the day. Breakfast was expensive, beer was expensive, snacks were very mediocre.

Very clean.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good value for money, but sometimes frustrating details distract.
    • Standard Twin Room

The toilet flushing system is from a different century and simply doesn't work as it should. I understand the technical limits, but in a hotel like that I would expect the "small things" to work properly and not frustrate you all the time. Maybe I'm spoiled, and I can understand no becon in sight, but to bring a full plate of COLD scrambled eggs in the morning is simply below standard.

Close proximity both from the airport and to my destination. Friendly staff. Tasty afternoon food from the kitchen.

Good place for accommodation with reasonable price

It is really good place for accommodation. Very polite and opened stuff. Daily maid service. Reasonable price. Good breakfast. Quiet and cozy. About 1 km from railroad station - good capabilities for walking.

Good location to stay in order to take the early morning...
    • Standard Twin Room

More options of meals would be great.

Good location to stay in order to take the early morning shuttle to the airport. Room + bed were comfy and airco was chilly.

It was very convenient for resting after a late flight, we...

It was very convenient for resting after a late flight, we took the free shuttle service and we sleep tight. The breakfast was algo very good but a little bit expensive.

Perfect for a quick stay near Brussels airport

Clean room with a comfortable bed and air conditioning. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I took the free shuttle bus at 7:40 which was a little crowded. Luckily this hotel is the first stop!

Although there was some things that did not work out as...

The facility offers Free Airport shuttle but they don't mention that it was on a schedule .. so I was not able to take advantage of this feature.

Although there was some things that did not work out as planned (accessing the airport shuttle) the staff were very helpful and supportive. The room was comfortable but basic. It was a nice budget accommodation.

Never will recommend anybody to stay at this hotel. And never I will.

I was not allowed to stay at the hotel 2 hours before checking in. I had to explain to the Receptionist at the hotel that I need to use a hotel printer to print a boarding pass of 1 page. My request was neglected under the ground that she is alone at the desk. After hesitating several minutes, she switched on a public PC by using three passwords. It took her 30 seconds.

Upon my request electric tea-pot has been delivered to my room.

The location and the affordable price are good enough.

Some days a crowded breakfast with a lot of people. Apparently they use to receive huge groups of Chineses.

The location and the affordable price are good enough.

Check in nice and my stay was good

Breakfas was badly organiced. Firt day I had to wait 20 min to some food. They run out quickly and didnt replenish accordingly.

Check in nice and my stay was good

Great place to stay before your flight!

Food choice is pizza, meatballs, pasta, opted for dinner at nearby restaurant (ex. Holiday inn, 8 min walk) Advise add: -a small towel , i don,t use hairdryer (2 A/ 2 bath towels) -an upper bed sheet, comforter too hot

Close to the airport and with free shuttle, easy check in/ check out. Big shower. Interesting door closing bathroom and sleeping area in both directions. Spacious desk/ counter with chair by the window.

Good overnight stay

A bit too noisy, there was a group coming or going to a wedding but I guess is not an everyday event. I didn't mind since I was coming from a party but for some others be aware especially over weekends.

It is close to a tram/bus stop that takes you to the town center, also close to the bus stop that takes you to the airport. Comfortable enough for one night, no fuzz nothing fancy just a bead and bare essentials.

clean, comfortable, but too far from airport with exceptionally rude staff

Location is poor. No shuttle bus after 2330 - single journey in cab is 18 euros. Shuttle bus only runs once an hour in mornings. Staff the singularly rudest reception staff I've ever encountered. When I requested fresh milk for my 3.5 euros cup of tea, surly receptionist barked 'That's for the breakfast customers!" He was extremely unpleasant and I wouldn't book again for this reason.

Comfortable bed, smart decor

Suited the purpose

Paid way more than the one night rack rate by booking a long time prior to arrival. Shame they couldn't 'price match' on the day.

Consistently IBIS. Helpful when I needed an early check in.

Breakfast was good.

Restaurant was not open on a holiday. Need more things to do there.

Breakfast was good. Wish we had more time. Making appointment with taxi was accurate.

Neighborhood.
    • Standard Twin Room

I never have been treated so bad in my life. Workers treated me like an animal. Mr John was really far the worst attendant I found in my life.

Neighborhood.

Not worth the price - Ibis Budget smaller but better in many ways

Dining area is not well ventilated and no option to eat in the bar area. It was only possible to order from the bar menu after 10pm, even though dishes on the bar menu were more appealing. Limited electric sockets in the room and there were no sockets located by the bed. Rooms also need updating.

Welcome drink on arrival was a pleasant surprise and hot breakfast was good.

Bates motel-esque! Don't do it!!!

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in. Not even very close to the airport. The AC did NOT work, even after the front desk guy came up to take a look...it was like a sauna in our room even though it was 52 degrees outside. One pillow. The one thing I can say is that they must have a great photographer because the photos didn't come close to an authentic representation. Go elsewhere! Stay at city center and just take train to airport. You will thank me!

The location close to the airport

If you are used to staying at Holiday inn or Radisson, this hotel will be a big disappointment, the hotel itself is quite shabby, the facilities are limited, the bed was not really clean and uncomfortable, it was very basic, I would not like to imagine what a Ibis Budget is like if their upper market hotels are like this, the reception staff were polite and helpful however there was only one and it did take a long time for check in and out, I had a bad experience while being helped with some directions, another member off staff kept interrupting, she was very rude and made me feel that my custom to them was not important. all in all the location was in a very run down industrial area and the smell outside was as if there was a landfill site close by, not great value at €119 excluding breakfast.

The location close to the airport

Cold and expensive

Free Shuttle bus from airport advertised- but did't turn up - when I phoned the hotel they just had a recoreded message - no help at all - I had to join a taxi rank for 45 mins outside in -4 temperature then pay €25 for a ten min journey. restaurant is "just" ok, but very expensive. the room was very cold, the heating system which sounded like an old fashioned vacuum cleaner, just blew out luke warm air which made the room colder Would not stay there again.

quick easy check out - large car park, althought they do charge for it.

Very uncomfortable in all ways
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff was completely overwhelmed. Very poor service and unhelpful. Had requested extra pillows, said there was no more in the whole hotel. Room was extremely small. Not even instant coffee in the room. Very disappointed compareD to what I anticipated from the website. Would be very concerned about stain it any ibis hotel in the future

Convenience to airport

Very good for overnight stay near BRU airport

location is not great if you travel only by train: it takes solid 15 minutes of walking from Diegem station; I smelled cigarette smoke in the bathroom and near room door in the morning (smoking is supposed to be prohibited...)

transfer is great, check in\out fast, beds comfy, air conditioner is quite silent

Very comfortable bed, quiet area, very helpful persons

The bath accessories consists in one tube of multi purpose liquid soap at the sink and another one in the shower.

Very comfortable bed, quiet area, very helpful persons

Safety issues, hotel staff was rude and discourteous and not...

Safety issues, hotel staff was rude and discourteous and not fluent in English or pretended not to be so. There is no first aid available on site. After a major accident we met in the hotel room, on calling the front desk we were put on hold for several minutes by a rude staff member. So we gave up and decided to go to the hospital A&E instead of relying on incompetent people- who were refusing to provide first aid/ other assistance in determining how to seek medical assistance- they only recommended getting a doctor to visit our room for which we were expected to foot the huge bill- despite the hotel's failure to deliver basic safety! There were broken fittings in the shower == unexpectedly wet floors, and no first aid on site! Other than that, the bed linen was not fresh. The location is too far from any facilities- eating/medical. The hotel-airport shuttle was the only thing about the hotel which was decent- but it is not provided by the hotel so that explains it. Hotel Ibis Budget seems to be a better option safety and courtesy wise but I would generally not recommend any unnecessary stays in Brussels generally as it is an impractical city anyway.

Free airport shuttle, close to airort location, very helpful...

Very small and uncomfortable room. Old fashion decoration. Bathroom could be cleaned better. Not worth the money paid.

Free airport shuttle, close to airort location, very helpful staff.

Overall I felt happy and quite at home!
    • Standard Twin Room

I think the information around the hotel's airport shuttle service should have been given to me more clearly. I was not sure if it was available or at what time it leaves.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. In the restaurant that evening I sat down while other guests were busy eating and drinking, but for a long time nobody came out to help me. So I felt a bit unsure what to do. Only after some time the waitress came to help me.

I had a awful stay!

I had a awful stay- there was no internet in the room, shuttle is mentioned but it works for just some hours , there is no working restaurant just a bar and the hotel was full of animals. It didn’t mention when I booked that space is shared with animals and some of them needed a wash !

I had a awful stay!

Good place
    • Standard Twin Room

Some staff playing fooball (table soccer) right by the reception area. Just noisy.

Great staff, room was good, bed comfy, breakfast was nice. I will like to see fridge in the room (mini bar) will definately stay again.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Average

Staff were rude Extortionate parking Not the cleanest LOUD NEIGHBOURS

Ok so we liked the fact you could park on site, but it was an extortionate 12 euro per day. Free parking should be included in your stay. It was clean and basic enough for us to manage 1 night. It is ok for a pit stop before travelling onwards. We stayed for 1 night when we went to the XMAS Market and then travelled to an AIR BNB in amsterdam.

Transfer to the airport is rather convenient.

I took a bus from the center of Brussels to get to the hotel and then walked with my bag. Google maps led me to a parking lot of a nearby hotel instead. It is not very convenient to get there by public transport.

Transfer to the airport is rather convenient. The bus picks people from a few nearby hotels a few times a day and drops everyone to the airport.

Good for a one night.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was very clean, except for the mold in the bathroom. The rooms are not at all soundproof, to the point where you can hear everything from the next room.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Good selection for breakfast and the bed was comfy.

My toilet roll holder fell off every time I used the loo, the shower was not the cleanest, the walls were so thin I heard everyone around me (even upstairs) blowing their noses and using the toilet (not just flushing either - eesh!) plus I had drunken carol singers outside my room (at front of the building) drinking wine and singing too loudly at 2am on a Thursday - at a hotel mainly catering for business travellers, not really acceptable on a weekday. Overall not a good night's sleep. Staff on reception upon my departure was miserable, did not say a word, did not even try to smile!

Good selection for breakfast and the bed was comfy. Staff on reception when I arrived was helpful and smiley.

Rooms was well insulated and quiet

As far as Ibis goes I found this one on the lower end of the scale. Room was quite small and bathroom felt a bit run down. Also having to pay extra for the parking felt a bit of a scam. I understand paying for parking in a city location, but this is an airport hotel literaly in the middle of noware... parking should be included.

Rooms was well insulated and quiet

A decent, value for money accomodation for overnight stay near Brussels Airport.

Rains & Showers, I landed from sunny Madrid with 27ºc that evening.

The free airport shuttle is a very helpful & money saving service, easy to find at Zaventem Airport.

A nice budget place to stay with airport shuttle

It is a little far from the Airport and the shuttle doesn't run for a few hours in the afternoon. I ended up doing a public bus because the shuttle wasn't running but it dropped you off right in front of the hotel so not really a problem. It takes about 25 minutes with the Shadow of the year to the airport so plan accordingly

It's a nice hotel with airport shuttle. It was very nice and my room had everything I needed

A good place close to Brussels airport
    • Standard Twin Room

The furniture and the room in general was a bit worn down, and could be a little cleaner. But since I was there for just 1 night, it was okay.

It is a good hotel if you have an early flight. Staff was friendly and they offer free shuttle to the airport.

Nothing at all
    • Standard Twin Room

There nothing to like of the Ibis property ,shower was getting flooded,hair dryer was good to blow single tissue, wifi never worked,and the room did not have towels,after trying several time to call the front desk , I had to go with my night dress to the front desk to ask for towels. There cannot be a worst place in all the Ibis I must have stayed.This brand cannot be trusted,and should be out from your site immediately so that others don't fall into the trap of brand Ibis . Operating this large property to be handled with few people. There was no one in the breakfast place to look into the requirements of the guests, there was no manager to adressing on complains and if the wifi does not work it's height of disappointment. Never ever to trust Ibis. Hotel.Com pl do your homework well

Nothing at all

Fine enough.

The main selling point of the hotel for me was onsite airport parking. However, the free shuttle only runs at certain times which we didn't know. We ended up stuck at the airport with no shuttle to take us back to the hotel. Ended up taking a taxi which cost €20. With parking being €12 a day plus the taxi, it would have just been easier to park at the airport. Just a heads up for car drivers.

The location is good. Pretty close to the airport. The room is good enough for overnight stays for travel to and from the airport.

A disappointment and not consistent with Ibis standards.

I don't know for sure but this hotel looks like it needs a refurbishment. There was a really bad smell in my bathroom which meant I was unable to use it. Thankfully I only stayed a few hours.

The staff acknowledged short comings of the hotel without trying to defend their position.

Bad start good finish

The reception by the night guard was very unprofessional, according this night guard the price of booking,com was not correct an the total amount should be payed in advance. The receptionist in the morning made everything ok because of here hospitality and fantastic breakfast.

Close to the airport, good connection by shuttle bus, breakfast.

Not well looked after. Directions were good.

Breakfast included. Complimentary toiletry.

Only full breakfast was available and too expensive, so did not have any. Bed was extra comfy. Disappointed no complimentary toothpaste and I had to ask for a hand towel. We booked this hotel because it said ibis Brussels airport. We did not know that Charleloi airport was a different one. So to get to Brussels ibis hotel we paid bus €34.00 and taxi €50.00 arriving after midnight. We booked ibis Brussels because we understood that was near our airport. We understood there was only one airport. Return to charleroi €28. So instead of saving money by booking at the airport we lost over €100.00.Not happy. This is the confusion booking online.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very easy when you need to take an early flight.

Other than waiting for your flight, there's not much to do in the hotel or in the surroundings

Very easy when you need to take an early flight. Awesome to have a lounge that is open 24h

First 3 hours of parking is for free.
    • Standard Twin Room

Thought there is free Ibis shuttle bus provided throughout the day. However it was actually the public airport shuttle bus where you have to share with other passengers from another hotel and the timing is limited. No shuttle bus in the afternoon time. Room was not spacious and limited electric charging point. No tea coffee provided.

First 3 hours of parking is for free.

Comfortable hotel with good shuttle service

The bathroom's fan dit not work and the bathroom did not smell fresh.

Excellent shuttle service. Comfortable hotel near Schipol airport. Good for one night stay.

It was just what I needed, a convenient, well priced and comfortable room.

For the price I paid, I could not have expected more.

The comfortable bed, the well thought out facilities (e.g. hair dryer), the fact that you could boil your own egg and make fresh waffles at breakfast.

Convenient transit hotel

The last shuttle from the airport to the hotel is at 23:15, so late arrivals have to take a taxi

Close to airport. The shuttle is convenient (if your flight allows)

Bed

The shuttle didn't start running until 6 pm from the airport- no mention of this anywhere so we were outside In a rain storm for an hour waiting for it

Bed

Hada very good stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

A small freeze,a kettle made available in the room will be a of great help to clients and mostly to those with a baby.

The staff at the reception was very courteous and polite , very helpful and professional.

Location next to the airport was great.
    • Standard Twin Room

Way over priced! Rooms were very small. Restaurant menu was very expensive and breakfast didn't come with the room.

Location next to the airport was great.

Excellent hotel, perfect stay and location
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing really. A few more snack varieties at night at the bar. But all in all, this was more than ok.

Everything is fine at this hotel. one of my favourites

It is a struggle get out of the neighborhood, you need to...

It is a struggle get out of the neighborhood, you need to walk 5 minutes, to next tram stop , but guess what? there is no one ticket machine around. so you need to use shuttle , taxi or uber, or get the ticket somewhere else.

simple and overpriced. Stay only if you must.
    • Standard Twin Room

everything: very basic, overpriced hotel, because it is by Brussels airport. Better to pay 50euro more and get a decent place nearby.

LOcation by the airport, although you need a taxi. Free parking if you stay in the hotel.

Mediocre
    • Standard Twin Room

1- If you'll arrive in Diegem (the airport area of Brussels) by train, it's very very difficult to walk from train to Ibis Hotel. This hotel is located in the higher part and you have to carry your luggage all along that hard way. It's nearly impossible to find a taxi in the train station to take you to the hotel so if you have luggage you'll probably carry it about 20 minutes in slope! You must think about this and arrange yourself accordingly. 2- Ypu can use hotel shuttle (bus) to airport and it's taking people from 3-4 hotels and it takes 25 minutes. According to me, it was not hotel shuttle -but hotels' bus to the airport.

The receptionist was helpful and kind person.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Back to Basics
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom was not cleaned properly when I arrived. It was still dirty.

This was a quick stay as I had a connecting flight at 6 am. Great for that overnight stay as this is a very basic hotel but meets the requirements. Amazing bonus for me was the FREE airport shuttle that starts at 4am for those early morning flights. It also runs straight throughout the day.

Sub standard experience
    • Standard Twin Room

Shower had hairs from previous guest. Bed was not very comfortable and Hotel did not have different thickness pillow, for a business hotel I'm surprised. Parking was extra, this hotel room was not cheap and it was located on an commercial zone by the ring road. As a guest I should not pay for parking considering the room was not cheap. Staff were not the best, with the exception of the person who handled my checkin. The rest were adequate.

Close to airport and wifi

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The staff is super helpful at te reception willing to help you and was super nice, cozy small room just perfect for myself, location is amazing near the airport and was easy for me, thank you for the hospitality 5 star service goes to the reception team working on those days.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

There are no vegetarian variety food available, hence i...

There are no vegetarian variety food available, hence i suffered a lot for proper dinner. Managed to eat cheese pizza everyday for dinner. Hotel should have variable veg dishes in this modern world where veg awareness is very high.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Not an experience I'd want to repeat

Mostly very unfriendly staff with a few exceptions (e.g., when I went to order a meal at the bar, the lady behind the bar wasn't in the 'mood' to take the order and asked me to come back later. Eventually when she decided she was ready to take the order, she ordered two meals instead of one and was very unpleasant. If I was on holiday that would have ruined it for me)) Spartan accommodation Bathroom flooded after shower Very basic food choice Overpriced Was a bit of a dump

Wifi worked

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

excellent scent

The TV was very small and could not access the satellite channels

The bed was confy and we had a nice sleep. The staff was very friendly and the shuttle to the airport was on time.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Friendly staff

pillows not comfortable not enough staff in the restaurant during dinner time: lack of service rooms look very tired and need a refurb

wifi staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

One night only, close to the airport.

Nothing relevant

One night only, close to the airport. Reached the hotel with public transit from the city center straight in front of the hotel. Very practical.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Bad experience: Don't stay at Iblis Brussels Airport - go to Gresham Belson only
    • Standard Twin Room

Reservations made on Booking didn't get Accor Club points for stay, check out manager rude; noise in room behind bed - didn't sleep well, no Braille or large print room information for using phone, television, heating/cooling - check out - Iron outside in hall (who gets dressed to go in hall to iron?)- no coffee/tea/hot water, shower cap, lotion, shampoo - Would never stay at that hotel again even if the room was free!

Free shuttle to airport - check in staff

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Nice front desk. 90's look room
    • Standard Twin Room

Front desk is nice and renovated however the rooms are like a trip to the 90's. Old tv, decoration, walls.. you think they cheat on you by making a nice front desk but giving u a oldfashioned room. Bottom of the wc was a bit dark :S

Staff were nice and room was clean enough.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Errrrrrr avoid
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff paying more attention to table soccer as opposed to dealing with guests! Raising concerns over no WiFi to be told to phone a "helpdesk" and sort myself. I am not their IT problem solver I had to demand a room move to where there was WiFi. Breakfast looked old, turned up dry cheese, beans with a thick layer of skin on top, bread stale etc etc To be charged parking when it was booked inclusive in the price and the reception manager telling me I had to pay ....... until he took the time to actually look at my booking to see it was included then to be told next time I would pay ...... need I go on!!!

A positive response is not possible due to below.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Unlikely to stay here again

- Very functional - No room service ; had to order at the bar and take back to the room, but only option was a warmed up frozen pizza at a high price - Noisy ; could hear water running through pipes constantly in my room - Was cheaper than other options, but due to the above, wasn't good value for money

- Location was good - WiFi was easy to use and good speed - Room was clean

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Big shuttle bus to airport, not a small van.
    • Standard Twin Room

There is a shuttle bus schedule with only limited transfers during certain times of the day.

Big shuttle bus to airport, not a small van. Beds were comfy too.

Great value for money and adorable staff

My boyfriend is coeliac. Even though they only have snacks in the restaurant, they used gluten free bread especially to make a lovely toasted sandwich for him. We were extremely impressed how they tried to accommodate us and how kind the staff was. We'll defo be back. Thanks for everything!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Ronseal...it does what it says on the tin

Too much corridor noise from other guests even though I always request a quiet room

Check in staff friendly and efficient although they flat out refused to believe that I had a better rate via booking . com than was offered on their own website...odd thing to argue about when the proof is in front of your nose?? The room was plain and bland but perfectly clean and exactly what you would expect from an Ibis as they are all identical ...its good for a one night stay before an early flight due to the free airport shuttle

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Its perfect for when you have an early flight out, breakfast...

The staff is not very friendly or helpful, the place is lacking atmosphere but then it´s just the overnight stay for most people I guess

Its perfect for when you have an early flight out, breakfast is good enough

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Not a bad place to stay for one night.

Very small room, polite but not quite friendly service

Not a bad place to stay for one night. Good breakfast, poor lunch menu

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

To repeat

The breakfast is expensive and short in variety

The situation and the kindness of staff

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Location is near airport and free shuttle service to the...
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was not cleaned at all. Door of bathroom was broken. Arrogant staff

Location is near airport and free shuttle service to the airport