Reviews of ibis Hotel Brussels off Grand'Place 3 stars

Grasmarkt 100, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#74 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Small and very basic room (no safe, no amenities) Some noise from the street. Only one curtain to the window! Either you get light or privacy! Usually there is also a light one on addition to the shading curtain. Small misunderstanding with staff: at check in i asked for a late check out and very nicely the lady told me I could stay until 2pm and apparently made a note for that in the system. On the last day, I received a call at 12.30 asking me if I were aware of being late for checkout and that there was a fee for that. No big deal but I'd have preferred to know beforehand.

Location is perfect. Breakfast is excellent

• Superior Room with two single beds

There was some noise from the street outside.

The staff were both welcoming and efficient. The World Cup was on during our stay and the hotel was decorated accordingly. We also very much enjoyed watching the games in the bar. Location is also excellent for the centre of town as well as transportation to other parts of the city.

The room was far too small, the wardrobe was only suitable for one person, no drawers in room, the bathroom was so small it was like a cupboard. The pillows are poor standard. The room card keys also neede for the lift had to be ready activated almost daily, and there is no safety deposit box in the room. We were allowed to leave our cabin bags behind reception as they were small otherwise you pay to use the luggage room? Never heard of that before. Breakfast is very expensive 15 euros each, cross the road and there is numerous top quality cafes serving fabulous coffees pastries toasted sandwiches etc fraction of the price.

Location is perfect, and the reception staff are excellent.

Too much noise in the room next ours. + Too much noise on the street in front our room (maybe soundproofs for the door and the windows would be better)

• Superior Room with two single beds

I understand minimalist approach, but guys c'mon, I have been to ibis hotels all around Europe and you have a problem with bathrooms. The toilet seat was literally merged with the wall, and the distance between the toilet seat and the wall is less than 50 Cm. I was banging my head to the wall in front of me while sitting to the toilet seat and standing up. For an average size guy it is manageable, but for tall people that is a no go.

The room was exceptionally clean, staff was very helpful as always, I think that is an ibis trait. The bed was very comfy, room was organized to satisfy all basic requirements at the minimum space and effort. Hotel is literally in the middle of the city, 1 minute walk to the Grand Palace, and 30 seconds walk to the Central Station. Location of the hotel is excellent, and if you are going to drive there is a car park right under the hotel. The shower is big enough and is designed without a door which leaves space.

• Standard Twin Room

Disappointed with breakfast - not enough waffles or fresh juices. Also have to pay extra to store your bags in a locker - only hotel that has ever charged me for this facility.

Clean, modern, comfy hotel in a fantastic location. Tempted to stay here again next time I visit Brussels - but was very disappointed by the breakfast I paid extra for.

• Superior Room with a Double Bed

It would of been nice to have fresh coffee rather than a vending machine.

A lovely air conditioned room with a comfortable double bed. Quite and relaxing!

The doubleroom had the bed in a corner, so you could have only one entrance to the bed and one of the persons has to sleep with the back on the wall. That was not nice. Also the room was quite small. When I did the check-out, the personal tried to make us pay some extra breakfasts (the breakfast was not included in our price offer and we payed everything when we arrived), but in the end they understood that everything was well payed since beginning. The room had no fridge and no mini-bar inside.

The location of the hotel is absolutely wonderful, just few steps away from the Grand Place. The bathroom inside the doubleroom was amazing. I also loved the breakfast (a lot of variaty and good food).

• Superior Room with a Double Bed

Could have used washcloths and a better hair dryer in the bathroom. We did not use any of the hotel amenities.

Location is excellent. An easy walk to the train station and easy to see all the sites.

Great location when we arrived by train with our little daughter. Safe place - the windows really blocked the noise - there was a LGBT festival going on which was noisy. But we slept without getting disturbed. Good & solid breakfast. Bruxelles is a lovely city.

• Superior Room with a Double Bed and a Single Bed (3 Adults)

Walls between rooms were quite thin, but wasn’t too much of an issue.

The location of the hotel is perfect. The beds were comfortable and the luggage lockers are a great idea.

I cannot remember anything that I didn't like!

The bed was very comfortable, the furniture was simple but efficiently useful and practical, I didn't miss anything! Very good breakfast, very good atmosphere, great location, faces of other guests also content….

Was self service breakfast and very few peope cleared their trays which took staff away from keeping the breakfast buffet filled with thenfrsehky cooked bacon and eggs

Really good breakfast selection, bacon was not tough and the scrambled eggs were fluffy

No fridge in room..

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast with lots of choices. Great location. Comfortable bed..Overall, excellent value for money. Would strongly recommend

No dislikes

Great location, just a few minute walk from Brussels Central train station. Right on "Grass Market Square". Clean, quiet and comfortable. Great staff. Wonderful breakfast buffet. Nice "pub" type lounge. Light pub food menu. A 2 minute walk to Central Place. Lots of restaurants, cafes, people. A 10 minute walk up to the Museum of Instrumental Music (MIM). Worth the visit

• Superior Room with a Double Bed and a Single Bed (3 Adults)

Room was standart Ibis room. Breakfast was good: hot and cold meals, cereals. Location is very good: 5min - Grand'Place, 5min - central railway station and metro station, 5min - supermarket Carrefour express.

The rooms are so small and the building is old. For example i stayed there for 5 days, the elevator was broken for 5 days... when you try to talk to the staff they were only saying the technician is working on it...

Locatin and breakfast was great

• Superior Room with a Double Bed and a Single Bed

Th fact that they give you in first instance NOT the room that you have reserved. I sometimes get the feeling that when they see you, they then decide differently. I have experienced it many times before and I don't like that.

After my complaints that I received a room that was not according to my reservation (Reservation was a Superior room with a double bed and 1 single bed) with the full support of the manager and an outstanding service-minded gentleman at the reception, I got the superior room and had the possibility to make myself a choice. Anyway it was picked up correctly and immediately

No one to guide to make the waffles for new comers. The items in the Red Pots need a change after every 2 days will be better for a change. Same breakfast daily gets boring.

Beds were good and comfy. Breakfast was amazing, Need chicken sausages or beef too as had to go on with chicken salami only. the orange juice fresh ones was lovely. Bakery items were fresh as ever. Same items daily. Bacon was crispy and pork sausages good - enjoyed by my daughter.

Nothing negative

Location, facility, breakfast is abundant and delicious. Close to transport and city highlights. Wonderful vibe on the near streets. Will come back, definitely.

• Standard Twin Room

This hotel couldn’t be more central - close to many restaurants, tourist attractions and main train station. Great location. Quiet facility, very comfortable accommodations.

No refrigerator or snack bar, coffee or tea in the room. The path between the central station not far but not easy to drag the luggage.

Great location for travel in Brussels, you can walk to grand place every time as you can. Not far from train or metro station. Comfort bed and pillow. The breakfast (15 euros) is ok. The shower is work. The hot water is available on the first floor.

Great location just near the Grand Place with the building itself very picturesque and well maintained. The room, thou small in size, was well proportioned and had a pleasant feeling.

Great location, only a short walk from central station. Close to Grand Place and near all local attractions. Yes the room is compact but it's comfortable and clean and we had no issues with it. Excellent breakfast with fresh orange juice and make your own waffles. The buffet was replenished regularly and was very enjoyable. Check in was easy and very efficient with a friendly staff member. The barman is a bit on the grumpy side but it's obviously his personality, he was very busy when we visited. It's a well run budget hotel so don't expect four star when you're not paying for it. We have stayed in many hotels in Brussels and would stay here again without hesitation.

When we checked out, we wanted to deposit our luggage at the reception for a few hours. But the receptionist lady who has an asian appearance told us we need to pay to deposit our luggage in the lockers near the reception. We were a bit surprisex and had to follow what she told us. We walked to the lockers and then found we would have difficulty to put our big suitcase in the relatively small locker. Just as we wondered what to do we found that two western guests were ckecking out also and a blonde receptionist who received them kindly let them leave their suitcases at the reception. Then we went over to this blonde lady and told her we wanted to do the same thing. The blonde lady also allowed us to leave our luggage without any hesitation and treated us in a very welcome way, which made us very pleased and moved. So here we would give our special thanks and regards to this not-very-tall blonde lady, and at the same time, blame that lady with an Asian look, who could have done something to help her guests save some money.

Very good location and nice room. Very friendly staff, except one reception lady as I will point out below.

The bathroom was very small but clean and modern. The water pressure was a little low.

The staff were very helpful and courteous. We arrived early and as our room was ready we were able to do an early checkin which was wonderful. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful.

NOTHING.

The location of this hotel is just amazing! 1 block from Central Station, so you don't carry your luggage to much. I stayed in a room with wiew to the Piazza, and everything wss great from there, sunset, sunrise, party, people enjoying. Breakfast is very very very good. Plenty of options. Staff extremly friendly. You are a 1 block from Grand Gallery 2 blocks from Grand Place, like 3min walking. There are restaurants and differets options to eat, drink and shops This hotel makes my stay in Brusells, the best! Can't wait to come back.

The hotel was overbooked- had to wait about an hour for a room. They did not compensate for luggage fees. The breakfast was overpriced.

Hotel was right in the heart of Brussels - very close to the train station. Staff was friendly and room was good.

• Superior Room with a Double Bed

Noise of drunken revellers partying outside property in an adjacent square which went on all night. Staff were aware of the situation but could do nothing, apparently. I asked at around 5am that they call the police. Consequently, one dreadful sleepless night which impacted on our trip to Bruges the following day. Soap provided in bathroom via inconvenient and difficult to use bottles hanging from the wall near basin and shower. Commend, however, the avoidance of wasting plastic, if that is the objective. Very basic accommodation smacks of Ryan Air, i.e. pay extra for everything, including water. I believe drinking water should be provided daily as standard. No kettle or hot drinking facilities in room. No toilet brush or hand towel. Hairdryer did not work.

Location was excellent. Breakfast was good mostly, except the cooked type. Liked the helpful traveller electric socket and USB point. Staff were friendly and helpful.

We booked very last minute, we were walking through Grand Place to our original hotel that was 20 minutes away & seen how convenient this hotel was. I decided to cancel the other hotel & book in here (saving €20), the receptionist was really nice and helpful, giving tips on where to eat, drink and visit. The room was very clean and modern and the bed was comfortable. Would definitely base myself here again if I go back to Brussels.

• Standard Twin Room

The thermostat in my room did not work and the temperature could not be adjusted. I spent the night almost too hot to sleep. Opening the window was not an option for the noise as there was a big square outside where the local youth gathered at night.

Very clean room, helpful staff and good breakfast.

1. I called the hotel before check-in, they said it's OK to pay with USD. At the desk, they didn't accept the payment in cash as communicated the day before. I had to pay around 50 euros in the nearby change office. 2. The AC/heater in the room looked like it'd fall at any time...

Excellent location, few minutes to central station and the square. Great service and people in the hotel are very nice and patient to answer questuons wearing smiles on the faces. Highly recommand the hotel. If i will go ther again, the hotel will be my first choice.

Tea and coffee facilities in the room would have been nice, but we didn’t mind this too much as we were out most of the time.

Excellent location, comfortable bed and good shower! Staff were friendly and helpful, we would definitely stay again.

• Standard Twin Room

The air heating/AC could have been a little quieter: it comes on with a click.

Comfortable, clean bed and a room that was well insulated from noise from both within the hotel and from the street below.

• Superior Room with two single beds

The prices were not great but we did book one week before the trip

The 15 euro breakfast is amazing and the location couldn’t be better. Really close to the central station and with a view to a nice area.

• Standard Twin Room

The amenities in the room were bare bones - plastic glass , one small towel for hands/bath and no safety deposit box. The expectation for early arrivals to use expensive storage lockers was a little bit much since most hotels does this for free or minimal cost. We stored luggage for 2 days when we went to Bruge, cost 30€!

I liked the central location close to Grand Place, restaurants and museums.

I went to my room late at night and fell asleep only to find out in the morning that there was a huge piece of PLASTIC IN THE BED (on the side I don't sleep on) and NAILS on the desk!!!!! I went to the reception for checkout and they were extremely unprofessional saying they had no proof I was not making it up( yet the person who checked my room for the evidence did say to me they have been experiencing problems with the cleaning service!!) so i had to sleep in a DIRTY ROOM , and be INSULTED by the reception (they even got mad at me!!!!!!) A good hotel is a hotel that will react well in case of a problem, this one clearly is NOT. And that was a hygiene problem!!! STAY AWAY FROM IT!

The location only.

My key was handed to other hotel guests on the second day and they walked in on me in the room thinking it was their room! I'm just glad I was there and my things were not left alone with a stranger... The hotel never mentioned anything to me even after they knew what they did

Perfect location and great value for a clean suitable room

The room was too hot for us to have a good night sleep and there was no control for that. Opening the window wasn't an option since it did a great job blocking the noise from outside. The room had a locked door to another room. You can feel and ear other guests too much. Next time we will ask imediatly to switch bedroom.

They actually read our requests upon reservation and it was attended. Perfect location near everything a turist need. The breakfast was superb! A lot of diversity. You can boile your own eggs, make your fresh orange juice or even make your own waffles. The luggage lockers have prices similar to the central station. They were broken and it was offered free storage. Tip: we bought 48h Brussels City Card with Hop On Hop Off and the visit to Gent and Bruges with the card discount. It made up for us a lot, two whole days very well spent.

the room next door was under construction and they started drilling at 10 am on a Sunday, and even earlier on Monday...

Great location, clean and neat rooms.

The cleaning ladies were a little bit noisy early in the morning

The location of the hotel was excellent!! Next to the train station, at the center of the city. Ibis hotel has a super cozy and warm cafe with a beautiful view. Hotel's stuff was very district and polite. Concerning the room, it was small, but clean, it had a comfortable bed, hot water, spare clean towels, and it was not so noisy although it is located at the city center.

Cannot think of anything whatsoever!

Hotel location could not have been better for access to Grad Place and central Brussels. Hotel staff were always available and very willing and capable when it came to helping out. Breakfast was so much better than one we had in a local cafe, plenty of Gluten Free options which was essential for one of my party. If travelling to Brussels again I will certainly aim to stay here.

Room facilities

Breakfast was excellent. Great choices. The room was a little small and very basic. An extra towel would not go astray. Downpoint for me is that you were charged a small fee for holding on to your luggage on check out. This should be a free service if you have stayed in the hotel. Also 50 cent to use the loo. Saying that I would still use this hotel again.

They have failed to inform that there had been construction on the third floor for the past month and it was continuous from 9 am till 5 pm.... I was ill and resting for a day in the hotel before taking an 18 he flight back to U.S. nevertheless, I had to stay out of hotel due to construction drilling and hammering noise and was offered 80 euros refund. I would have liked a full refund so I could go to another hotel near by so I would not need to stay out in the freezing cold. But the manager refused to refund the second day for me to relocate.

Breakfast buffet and location

The rooms are a bit small but I was there for business and did not spend much time in the room so it was not a problem.

The location is absolutely great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in the middle of a lovely square, it is so nice to wake up to that scene.

• Standard Twin Room

Property was lovely, warm and extremely clean. Beds were comfortable and shower was fantastic! Very centrally located and close to the central station. With it being central it was not too noisy!

No tea in rooms, but for this price level doesn’t matter. Definetely come back!!!

Excellent locaton, in the centre as in description, very very friendly staff and cozy rooms!

Wooden floor was not the best... in my room I guess OK but I heard the 'heels' clanking around above me in the early morning while someone was getting ready to leave for the day....

Great location - easy to drive to. Parking garage is right next door (probably under it). 30 meters to the start of the Grand Palace eats and stuff going on. Maybe 5 minutes max to the GP if you walk slow. Numerous restaurants around from tourist to back-street unknowns... Great location!

• Standard Twin Room

We had the do not disturb sign on the door two nights and each day the cleaners would still knock and open our room up.

This place is in the centre of town, so close to the train station - just an amazing location!! Very easy check in and out process, there was no lines and they offered breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. The best thing was the view, our windows opened up to the street overlooking restaurants and cafes.

My room was right next to the stairwell, which could get noisy at times, and my window looked out on the side street where the entrance to the underground parking structure for the adjacent shopping centre was located, so that was a bit noisy at times as well. My floor was supposed to be non-smoking, but the hallway reeked of cigarettes when I returned from a day out on the last night of my stay, which was a shame; I could even smell it in my room.

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, and the location - just a few minutes' walk from Central Station - was incomparable. There were maps of the city available in reception, free for the taking. The facilities were great, although I can't comment on the restaurant/bar, as I didn't try it. The room was clean, tidy, and comfortable, and the water pressure in the shower was amazing! I had to take the train to the airport later in the day of my departure, so they stored my luggage for me using a bag ticketing system; so convenient and secure! They will also put valuables in a safe for you at reception if you don't want to leave them in your room. Overall a very positive experience.

Paper thin walls. I enjoyed hearing one neighbor practice what I can only assume was his hour long marching routine at about 0300. Even better was the other neighbor's 0540 conversation with her partner... But I couldn't figure out why one must speak so loud when someone is sitting right next to them?

Good selection for breakfast. Centrally located, about 2 minutes walk from the market square and maybe 3 minutes to Delirium. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was well laid out.

The glass wall in the shower area was too small and that's why there was a lot of water on the floor every time after taking a shower. It caused some inconveniences.

The location can't be better: in the very heart of the city and just a minute-walk from the central railway station. I definitely liked the bed which was really comfortable. Also, I have to say that breakfasts are always very important for me, and in this hotel they are very good. Various, delicious, very good quality. I appreciated the receptionist's help who provided me with a quiet room on my request.

Air conditioner covered with dust :-( Plastic cup in the bathroom cracked - was replaced of course, but it spoilt my first impression...

Great location, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was more than satisfactory and always calm, no crowds - I always appreciate that.

The floor of the room was not clean enough. Cheap towels.

Amazing breakfast with fresh juice, variety of bread, cereals and waffle machine. Perfect location. Friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Spacious toilet with good shower. Good quality hair dryer.

Excellent location, right on the Place du Marché aux Herbes and across the Galeries Saint Hubert, in the heart of Bruxelles, so you can walk to almost all the interesting sites (and many chocolate stores!) We loved the buffet breakfast with great choices and fresh orange juice.

• Standard Twin Room

Our room was quite cramped, but our friends rooms seemed more spacious

Perfect location, only 3 min walk from Central Train Station and 2 min walk from Grand Place! The breakfast was extremely good! Waffle making station, orange juice maker, variety of teas and coffees, hot and cold dishes.

I think that this is the first hotel I have stayed in, including others of the same group, that has not provided a free luggage storage service. Although they provided lockers you had to pay for them.

The location was close both public transport and the old town.

No Room service. Café menu extremely limited. Air conditioning in room not working. Laminate flooring meant that every time the person(s) in the room above walked about it was very noticeable. Not good at 5am.

The bathroom was modern and clean. The bed very comfortable

I was sorry that there was no safe in the room; this is something I tend to expect from Ibis hotels and one of the reasons for booking with them. The towels are quite thin. It was good that there was a locker room for left luggage but I had not expected to have to pay extra, which I had not had to do in other Ibis locations.

Ibis hotels are quite predictable and so this had most of the usual facilities. This predictability is an advantage as you get all the basics without things you don't need. This hotel is fairly quiet and comfortable and is in an excellent central location.

• Standard Twin Room

no luggage room at a hotel, same locker as you find at train stations, paid extra even for hotel guests

location! two steps away from the Central train station

• Standard Twin Room

We didn't have breakfast as we found price bit expensive and I certainly couldn't have eaten sufficient to be worth 15Euros, so that was disappointing. Lounge bar food was a disappointment - very little availability when we were staying there (we don't know if this is always the case). Lack of toiletries in the bathroom, there were only soap dispensers.

Location is perfect for visiting Brussels, public transport is near. Staff service is really good, very helpful. Really appreciated quiet inside the hotel, extra soundproof door is a great idea. Appreciated that keycard is necessary to activate the lift. Facilities in room are exactly as stated.

None!

This hotel is located just around the corner from Grand Place, Hard Rock a walking distance to almost all you need to see and go to. The central station is a 3 minute walk away.You will also find quite a few Halal restaurants. The room is a nice size for a single person. The bathroom is also a good comfortable size. I like that the hotel has prepared the plug point on an extended wire for easy manuevering cos you DO tend to have charger wires which are extra short! The reception staff and bfast buffet staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Congratulations!

small room (as usual) city taxes to pay on arrival special requests made ...but not referred to at check-in at all So either a waste of time making them or the hotel avoiding saying NO.

location value for money ...you get what you pay for. TV good....you get BBC1 !!

Can’t think of anything.

Best possible location you can find in Brussels. The room was very clean and the bathroom looked completely new. We also had a beautiful view from our window. The breakfast was fantastic, big buffet with everything you want from a good hotel breakfast. The hotel restaurant had very nice food as well.

• Standard Twin Room

I like the area a lot. A quick walk from/to the central station and also close to the Grand Place and restaurant district. I've stayed at many hotels on the Rue du Marché Aux Herbes over the years, and while things can change fast, I think the Ibis is now the option giving you the best bangs for your bucks. The rooms are clean and well soundproofed from street noise, the bathroom is modern and the hotel also has a lively restaurant/bar. Its nothing luxurious, amenities in the room are basic, but for a short stay, its perfect.

• Standard Twin Room

Bed really uncomfortable to the point mattress moving off base. Room really small and the internal door wouldn't shut as bed in the way (I think this room has been made smaller) no wall sockets just a multi adapter which I found bit strange.

Location brilliant...was able to check-in hour earlier as room ready.

The bathroom is quite poorly organized (no much space) and the breakfast is not exceptional.

Room was OK and staff very polite. Overall, good for a short stay when you look for good wifi and central position

After doing checkout I needed to leave my luggage at the hotel until time to get to the airport to take my flight back home, and unfortunately there was no locker avaiable...

Great location! Nice staff and good breakfast.

More pillows Better quality mattress Complimentary Body lotion

Room was clean and in good working order Staff very nice and helfpul Check in was quick and easy Gréât location

Was 90 mins early for check-in, there were rooms available but was told I had to pay an "early check-in fee" or leave my luggage in one of the lockers (charged per hour). Ended up waiting in a nearby cafe until check-in time with my luggage. Was fine that day because I was not in a rush but usually I'd only have time to check in quickly and head off to meetings. I know that it may not always possible to accommodate guests who arrive early, but I've been to Brussels many times and all the hotels with similar price/location have always let me check in early without charge if there are rooms available (including this very same hotel in the past). So, I'd consider elsewhere for my next business trip.

It's a lovely hotel with very clean rooms in a great location.

There wasn´t a frigobar. This will be very useful.

The location is perfect in a beautiful square, near train station, coffe shops and historical places. The room was very clean and had a good size for a couple. The hotel staff was useful and gentle. Almost percfect.

The bed could be more comfy.

The location was excellent! The staff super nicely, if you are a Spanish speaker, this is your place! If I go back to brussels, I will totally book this hotel again.

price

Great room and windows opened! But it is a functional hotel, no extras (didn't need or want or seek any) But price is ridiculous during the week

• Standard Twin Room

Given its IBIS I should not expect much from the rooms. As basic and cramped as they get. Impossible for 2 people to share a room. Bed was decent. But super squeezed.

Really incredible breakfast. And a super super super central location. Literally a 30 second walk to the train station.

Browse ibis Hotel Brussels off Grand'Place traveller photo gallery