Reviews of Hotel Manos Premier 5 stars

Chaussée de Charleroi 100-106, Sint-Gillis / Saint-Gilles, 1060 Brussels, Belgium

#72 of 215 hotels in Brussels

A hotel with potential but did not reach my expectations given the reviews I had read

In general other than person I mentioned above I found the reception staff only ok One man continued a phone conversation while asking what I required, not professional! My room service tray was not removed for over a full day And restaurant at breakfast was a mess , uncleared tables everywhere only one staff doing all the work totally inadequate

The receptionist on the night I checked in was very helpful and efficient Air conditioning was good Room service arrived promptly

Great stay and loved Brussels!

No standing shower in room, the lift to the 4th floor was very stuffy and small. Hotel was very pretty in a nice part of town.

The room was on the 4th floor and very spacious. Bed very comfy. Room very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

The staff were friendly
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

First issue was we booked rooms with a twin bed options but on arrival both rooms were double beds. Got this sorted but one rooms air conditioning didn’t work. My friends (2 straight men) had to shift to another room and share a double bed. No discount was given for this and we were late for a flight so didn’t have time to argue. We paid full price and were told to email them about it. My friend paid €120 to launder some clothing and they lost a sock resulting in a €6 discount. “Fitness centre” is the worst gym I’ve ever seen. There are barely any free weights, no one serious about fitness could work out here they don’t even have a pull up bar. Smith machine had maybe enough plates to put 15kg each side, waste of time. Door to outside is falling off it’s hinges, and there’s no air conditioning down there.

The staff were friendly

Boutique place.
    • Suite - Spa included

Boutique place. Great outdoors and indoors. Restaurant 5*, very high quality food, even on breakfast. Worth every € spent. Parking on other side of street (just have to cross the street). Area is very nice with shops and restaurants. Highly recomended,

Comfortable rooms

A bit far from the main station, although you can use a tram

This family owned hotel has not only been tastefully decorated but care has been taken to ensure comfort of it's guests. The toiletries are of high quality and staff is courteous and ever ready to help.

Atmospheric boutique style stay in Brussels

The room was very small even though I booked a superior suite. The pictures on booking.com made with wide-angle camera are misleading about the actual sizes of the rooms. This was disappointing.

I loved the interiors and general atmosphere, all the little details and personnel attention.

Nice garden.

Too much light at the night created by an alarm clock, TV led, night light, and led on the ceiling. It takes some time to hide these lights. Also, why do they clean the room even when there is a sign "Ssssh"? The opposite side of that sign shows "Clean the room". I expected that "Ssssh" means "do not disturb".

Nice garden.

Very good hotel in Brussels
    • Suite - Spa included

The garden attached to the hotel can be improved to be up to the standards of a luxury hotel. The interior design in the room could be a bit more polished to improve the overall feeling you get when you walk in, but it is generally good as is.

The room was as expected for a quality hotel in terms of space and cleanliness, the bed was very comfortable, the staff particularly friendly. The restaurant is excellent.

Beer, Waffles and Chocolate...

For a five star hotel, they serve two star food...the beds were not as comfortable as expected, the keys for the room door was huge and heavy!...

The interior decoration was really nice, eye catching.

Amazing 😍
    • Suite - Spa included

The barman Jason is amazing. He makes his own infused spirits and took the time to show us and tell us all about them. Amazing service! Our room was beautiful and they even left us a heart decoration on the bed as we were celebrating our anniversary. For first timers in a five star hotel we had an amazing experience.

Nice spa
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

Breadfast not much choise, room service menu not much choise. Quality of food could be better for a 5***** hotel. Mini bar in the room very expensive.

Bed was okey, spa was very nice

Did not have the opportunity to use the Spa.
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

Did not have the opportunity to use the Spa. The restaurant has a good atmosphere unlike typical hotel restaurants that are often sterile. Rather expensive but worthwhile. Cosy bar with gasfire. Silent room.

AN UTTER DISAPPOINTMENT AND COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY

We (young couple) chose this hotel because it was advertised as a “family owned 5***** Hotel.” What makes a hotel 5* is the service and this was the worst I’ve ever received from any hotel. And I travel often! There was no concierge to help carry our luggage to our room. But that was okay. When we entered our room (SUPERIOR DOUBLE) it looked NOTHING like the advertised pictures. It was significantly smaller. It looked more like a single room. When we queried this false advertising with the receptionist, she argued with us and told us to speak to her colleague the next day. In the room, there was no complimentary water, no greeting note, nothing that signified a 5* Hotel. We ordered a burger for my boyfriend and fries for me, they brought us a burger and a salad. When I called to ask, they said they didn’t have fries. They didn’t tell me this when I ordered. They still charged me for the fries. The next day we went again to ask for the room advertised, the receptionist blatantly told us that the other rooms on pics were reserved for other guests. We ended up staying in this tiny room for the rest of the 6 nights we had booked. They gave us complimentary spa access instead. We were surprised that we would even have to pay €25 per person per day for spa access. We had assumed that since this was a SPA Hotel, Spa access was included in the price. The spa is beautiful and very relaxing, but be aware that you have to make a reservation before going there, and you’re limited to just two hours at a time. So that’s €50 per couple per day for two hours. If you’re there by car, you’ll have to pay €25 for the undercover parking. If you choose to have breakfast there, that’s another €25 per person. So had we paid for all of this (€50 spa, €50 breakfast, €25 parking), we would’ve had to pay an EXTRA €750 for the 6 nights we stayed. The whole time we were there there was ONE person serving all the guests. One night we order hot chocolate and they brought it 40 minutes later.

The reception, bar, and lounge with fireplace were beautiful. The hotel is located in a central area with a tram stop a few meters away from the entrance.

Cosy and sexy - nice for a romantic stay

We got a room on the top floor, the attic style - all was nice except for heating which we could not fix (it remained too hot in the room), and the Velux type windows would not hold slightly open (you either have it wide open, or closed). May be it is just an issue of one room.

A nice, comfortable, cozy and somewhat sexy hotel, pleasant to stay at indeed. Good location to go for restos and bars.

Rooms are excellent. There are many cafes nearby for breakfast

The lift was so small that the wife, I and our luggage just about to manage to squeeze in. Not recommended for more than 2 people. At 25 Euros per person, the breakfast price is a rip-off. I only booked it because I was not sure what would be open during Christmas time

Very easy to get to by public transport with a tram stop just outside the front door, and a Metro station about 5-10 minutes walk away. comfortable rooms and a clean bathroom. very helpful staff who speak at least 3 languages, English, French and German

Bad value for money
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

The staff tried to be friendly, but didn't really listen to complaints. The room wasn't ready even at 15:45 and stank of smoke. The wifi didn't work. Even bad for half the price they get the basics wrong.

The spa is amazing! The decor is beautiful

Our expectations when reading the info were different to what we got.
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

People at reception were very unfriendly. Very nasty welcome after a long trip. Not what we expected: far from the centre and the rooms were small. Our room was a 2 floor room, but both spaces were very small, making it not very comfortable.

Nice place in a beautiful living area

I have reserved a nice genius offer for a superior double room -presented as being 20sq m. When we arrived at the room it was an attic room with lots of noise from the street and far from having 20sqm. I know I did not pay much for the room, but only if I knew, I would have preferred to pay 30 eur more but have a normal room, or choose anothor hotel. The noise of the tram, ambulances and beeping sound is a real inconvenience. Since I had a very important exam the next day... it was really not a pleasure as I am a light sleeper. I encourage booking and the hotel to separate the street side rooms and smaller rooms from the standard ones because I ensure you-as a client, my expectations are far from being met.

The bed and pillows are comfy. It is indeed very clean and all the amenities are there which is very important. Nice setting at the bar and restaurant. Love the hotel style.

Very nice, stylish rooms, friendly staff (although they were...

The windows are not isolated, so you can hear most of the sounds of the noisy street outside.

Very nice, stylish rooms, friendly staff (although they were not always at the reception desk)

Beautiful hotel!

The only down side was that we had booked a double room, we had two mattresses to make a double, the had two separate sheets and duvets. During the night they slipped apart slightly which meant you were falling down the gap. Would recommend that they get sheets big enough to cover both mattresses!

Absolutely beautiful hotel, rooms and furnishings to die for! We were in room 47 which was on the ground floor so you could hear the trams and cars until late but still slept very well! Separate bathroom and toilet which was very handy! Small walk in wardrobe with full length mirror was great. Staff were very cheerful and helpful, will definitely stay here again!

Excellent place for all sort of trips!

The lights system in the rooms: all worked but was slightly over-complicated. A detail that did not spoil the impression nevertheless!

Absolutely wonderful. Excellent rooms, clean and elegant, with beautiful paintings, real books on the shelves, tidy bathrooms, comfortable bed and pillows. Breakfast was very nice and also very good for a business meeting, bar very relaxing and with the nice drinks selection. Location could not have been better: walk distance to Louise (you might take a tram), you can walk to the Bozar museum easily, Chatelain area nearby, all you want from a stay in the middle of the city with the luxury of privacy and quietness. We did not have a chance to try the restaurant in the hotel but the menu looked delicious. A place we recommend and hope to come back!

Perfect and luxurious

I didn't realise that breakfast was €25. I thought it was included in the price

I love the overall decor of the hotel. The great staff. Loved that there was a gym and hamam/spa available. The bed was super comfy and my room was warm. Everything about this hotel is just luxe and I will stay again

Upon arrival, we were given a complementary upgrade to a...

One thing that I found frustrating was that the spa (pool/ sauna etc.) was only available for a fee of 25 € a person. That does not include a service, only access. The hotel is not overly close to any main attraction although transit is available, walking to the palace or grand place is a 30 minute walk.

Upon arrival, we were given a complementary upgrade to a bigger room. The room was spacious and had a really cool window which gave a view of the street and rooftops. The property has character and is attractive.

All-around charming and luxurious experience.

All-around charming and luxurious experience. Wonderful staff, attentive and friendly. Lush garden in back is a terrific spot to unwind. Lovely spa for relaxation. Convenient location. A special place. Highly recommended.

With a good management the hotel would'be sublime

Room is noisy and small. Location is perfect. Property is beautiful. Breakfast too expensive for what is offered. In this season in Belgium full of berries, they only serve pineapple, watermelon and kiwi that you can find all year round.

The hotel was extremely good and good value
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

The Spa was good - but no towels and no shower gel in the shower for after the Hamman

The breakfast very good. The room very comfortable. Very nice having a garden at the back of the hotel to sit out in. The Hamman in the Spa also very good.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Will definitely come back.

Bath tub was clogged.

It was a quiet neighborhood and it was very near to the event's place I am attending. Staff was very accommodating and even let us check in way early from our check-in time.

Fantastic place to stay!

Everything was excellent!

The staff was amazing! Very helpful! Delicious room service! I had the veggie burger with fries and a glass of wine. Also the breakfast room is so beautiful and really amazing breakfast!

what a beautiful breakfast room.

staff didn't alert me the price of breakfast, thought it was included at the check in, ended up paying 27euro per person which was a blow off

what a beautiful breakfast room....

Cute Hotel

Pretty glorious and cute hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful breakfasts, quite good assortment, fresh pastries. So we were absolutely happy and will back again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

A very short but fabulous stay.
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

The atmosphere and decoration make this hotel very special. Everything was perfect and the personnel was particularly nice and attentive to our needs.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

From the spacious terrasse of your room you have a nice view...

Difficult and narrow access to the parking ground, on the other side of the Hotel. Avoid entering with a sports car. You will scratch its nose.

From the spacious terrasse of your room you have a nice view over the beautiful and calm park behind the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

A pleasant stay in charming Louisa area

It's kinda odd that the beautiful hammam/spa has a fee for the guests of the hotel

Extremely courteous and helpful staff solved any tiny hiccups swiftly

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

It is a bit overpriced for the facilities and comfort it offers

Style of interior design is rather oldish which i do not like that much personally, but if you lookfor being back beginning of 20th century maybe you will enjoy. I prefer modern style. Breakfast nice but nothing extraordinary. No water provided in the room which in 5*hotel should be standard.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Romantic Getaway
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

We were woken up quite early each morning with other guests making alot of noise

The hotel was beautiful and classy The room was spotless Staff were helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Lovely hotel which represents good value!

No kettle which is strange as that's basic even in a budget hotel and also the fact you have to pay to use the spa.

Lovely hotel which represents good value!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Loved the hotel but my first and last visit because of the noise issues.

The noise from the trams outside made it difficult to sleep except between 24.00 and 06.00 (even with earplugs). I would expect a hotel of this standard to have good noise insulation on the windows.

Very nice ambience + excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Very good option around av Louise
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

Wifi slow, elevator so so

Wifi was a bit slow. Hotel is nice and rooms comfortable, very beautiful the eating area in the garden (with glass ceiling). Recommended for area around Av Louise

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Rude reception, over priced, but nevertheless beautiful hotel.

The gentleman on reception was curt and extremely rude. He treated us like an inconvenience. We felt that because we did not pay the extra forty euro's for breakfast and did not avail of the parking facilities for twenty euros he had a spite against us. We tried to use the sauna but we were informed that it would also cost another forty euro's. And would have to give half an hour notice. He scolded us for having the do not disturb sign on the door preventing the cleaner from accessing the room. But the waiter in the restaurant was wonderful as was the chef. So on our last day we were going to inquire as to how we offended this man so badly, but we were met by another gentleman on reception who was more than friendly. It was sad that one person's attitude could affect our stay so much. We will not be back.

The hotel itself was absolutely amazing... Stunningly beautiful.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

It's Brussels !

As an American, nothing is ever large enough..... Wished the shower , bed and parking spot was bigger ..... But then it's Europe and everything is 1/2 as large.

Front desk staff answered several questions, helped us with the map and even helped trouble shoot my iPhone for wifi.

very good friendly helpful service

n/a

very good friendly helpful service welcoming atmosphere

Location, ambience, kindness of personal

I found the price a bit too high, specially for the room comfort, including the noise of the tram.

Location, ambience, kindness of personal

room was small

room was small

Amazing stay
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

Beautiful hotel, fabulous spa, location was good tram stop outside hotel.

A great place to call home for a weekend

Love the ivy facade

Nice decor

breakfast options could be improved

Nice decor

The room was very hot but overall everything was good

Room was too hot

The room was very hot but overall everything was good

Staff were super friendly and accommodating.

Staff were super friendly and accommodating.

Really Charming Deluxe room, with a lot of taste.
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

Really Charming Deluxe room, with a lot of taste. I would definitely recommend it for a romantic trip.

Great spa hotel in central BRU for an excellent price!
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

Old plumbing was a bit noisy in the room. But not too much.

Bed was comfortable, WiFi worked great and the spa was a great spot to relax!!!

Charming hotel, cosy room.

Room was very cosy, charming and quite. Good bed.

Everything was fine.
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

The price is too high for average..

Everything was fine.. No problem

I wanted find a night place to stay before my flight out of Brussels in the AM. I was very pleased.

The room was very classically furnished. Great bathroom with tub..

Wish we had stayed longer.

Long waiting time for hot ware on 2nd floor

Good coffee and yoghurt. Specially nice with fresh figs:)

Too noisy to sleep.

Too noisy to sleep.

Central Brussels base

The right location for our visit. A good sized bathroom.

Quiet location and balcony a real bonus
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

Breakfast was a bit limited

Good sized room with balcony overlooking park. Very quiet and comfortable

View from window, not nice, wedding anniversary, no mention, supposed to be 5star

Wedding booked, therefore no bar Saturday and Sunday

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

6.0
    The house , living room, gardens are beautiful
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

The room, the bathroom are extremely small and much too expensive

The house , living room, gardens are beautiful

Wonderful Hotel!
    • Classic Single Room with Shower

On my second stay I happened to get a room with a bathtub and it was an amazing bathtub! Super luxurious!

Underwhelmed

My room (so called superior) was worn and it looked out on building scaffolding.

Reception was friendly and cleaning staff efficient.

very beautiful hotel

waiter in the restaurant need more energy and willingness)

Fine hotel, very beautiful

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Wonderful stay

The elevator is a little bit small

The green garden

Value for money

Shower hard to regulate.

Good quality, friendly staff

Breakfast was a little simply for my tastes. Other than that, little down side

Good quality, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The room location

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Excellent hotel would stay there again !

Excellent comfortable and friendly hotel with helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

wi-fi was terrible in the room.
    • Deluxe room - Spa included

wi-fi was terrible in the room...

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

excellent 5 stars hotel

excellent on everything

wonderful oasis in the middle of Brussels, great breakfast,...
    • Suite - Spa included

disconnect between booking.com details and what the hotel had in their systems.

wonderful oasis in the middle of Brussels, great breakfast, nice spa

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Overall very satisfying hotel with great furniture and huge...

We had a room facing the street and the tram passes right in front of window.

Overall very satisfying hotel with great furniture and huge room.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Gorgeous!

Beautiful hotel, definitely worth its 5 stars.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Excellent stay!

Good location in the city center and staff is so friendly!

Browse Hotel Manos Premier traveller photo gallery