Reviews of Hotel Manos Stephanie 4 stars

Chaussée De Charleroi 28, Sint-Gillis / Saint-Gilles, 1060 Brussels, Belgium

#29 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Superior Twin or Double Room

Some rooms are divided where living room is down and bed is up with steep stairs. Don’t order it if you have problems with stairs. If stairs are no problem this room is perfect.

Lovely traditional design large room, great stuff

I don't go looking for things not to like, but regardless I could not fault this Hotel, thank you for an excellent stay!

I loved everything about this place, starting with the phone call to increase our numbers without any issues, Philip was courteous & professional, the hotel was well above what i expected after 4 weeks on tour, this was a breath of fresh air, I would have loved to stay longer, The very best place we stayed on this tour, loved by all our 14 travelers!

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Staff were very friendly and we felt home away from home thanks to them! Beds are comfortable, rooms are clean and breakfast is delicious! Great for shopping and close to nice restaurants and caffes.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Double bed was a bit on the small side. Slightly noisy at night if the windows were open.

We got an excellent rate (a quarter of the rack rate), so the rooms were very good value for money. Delicious breakfast served at a sensible time, good location in St Gilles. Very friendly staff, child-friendly hotel.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The hotel is a bit older and thus there was rather noisy ventilation at WC, being heard even in the room, yet they were turning it off for night, so no big issue with that.

We enjoyed the stay very much. Practical locality, but above all - perfect personnel - helpful, kind and smiling. Nice room, full of light, including capsules coffee machine and very nice bathroom cosmetics. The breakfasts were really great - big variety and good things. We appreciated also the effort of the hotel to fulfill our extra requests such as quiet room. Thank you!

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Breakfast had everything one could want but they did not refill it in a timely manner. It is not nice when all serving plates are empty.

What a charming hotel!

• Superior Twin or Double Room

The WiFi was sporadic at best. Generally not available and when we complained, the staff were rude. The pull out couch in the bedroom was uncomfortable.

The breakfast was good and the location

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The room was OK. mais the flower pot outside the window full of cigarette buts, the window open to presumably get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke. the bathroom was ok, but the drinking glasses smelt of the loo/toilet eau so did not use them! also very minor as I am a pensioner, but the little menstrual pad plastic bag holder was empty, and although if I had wanted to wrap any soiled pad I could not have done this. I am sure this review will not appear on your page, but it is genuine and I would ask you to look into these matters. if a chamber maid is swilling glasses in the loo you need to look to your attitudes to staff. staff who are happy - for whatever reasonable reason would make sure that bathroom glasses do not smell of the toilet bowl. you will never succeed if you DO NOT HAVE HAPPY STAFF. look to your laurels and save yourself by looking after your staff, and after that make sure your customers are happy. I did not have a good stay and was glad I stayed only the night.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Lack of small wash cloths in bathrooms.

Your afternoon and evening main desk man Philip was extremely helpful, courteous and has a wonderful sense of humor. He was knowledgeable and friendly as well as recommending local establishments and your sister property for an exceptional dinner. Service at that facility was exceptional. Please extend our gratitude to Philip as he made our stay that much better then expected. Thank you again....Bob Zucker - New York, USA

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Rooms are getting a little old. You have to shower in the bath tub. Wifi is crap.

It is a no nonsense business hotel. Just a room and breakfast no more in this place. Rooms are large enough. Breakfast is OK. I selected this hotel because the price is a little more acceptable than the surrounding hotels.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

I believe every thing was more than expected and made our sites seeing easy

The location was adequate The staff was extremely friendly and helpful The place was good and clean

• Superior Twin or Double Room

I liked everything. I wish I could afford to stay there more often.

I loved the room I was assigned, the Plaza Suite. The hotel is beautiful, elegant and in a great position. It couldn't be any closer to public transports. The receptionist was polite, welcoming and really helpful.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The wireless internet connection was not very stable (fourth floor that is). However, there is also a wired connection available in the room with an excellent bandwidth. However, the cable is rather short, so your notebook can only be placed on de desk.

The hotel is situated in an excellent location in the Stephanie/Louiza shopping district. The metro station is at a 10 minutes walking distance and takes you to the city centre and European Parliament district within 5 minutes. The hotel breaths a classical grandeur, with very friendly and meticulously dressed staff. The rooms are nice with a modern sanitary area. The breakfast is rich and served with wonderful espresso coffee. The room is equipped with a small Nespresso machine and four cups. There is a Nespresso shop nearby in case you are a real coffee addict.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The quality of the food in room service is despicable.

lovely hotel, located near the shopping centrum of Brussels and a mile from the old centrum. Breakfast was good, but the daylight location even better.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

A small bottle of water at 4€ at the minibar. Old door keys, difficult to close the door from inside. When I arrived there was no shower gel in the bathroom and the shampoo bottle was half empty

They provided me with a room with a balcony upon request

• Classic Double Room with Shower

I did not like the breakfeast too much. Although there were some specialties, like the honey, everything else was average. The Wifi in the room had a poor speed and connection, but did its job most of times.

Clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Well value for money could be better but it is Brussels and most hotels are relatively more expensive than elsewhere.

Reception staff are super-friendly and competent. Good English, no problems here. Rooms are relatively quiet, even those facing the main street. Breakfast is OK, quite tasty and varied. The waiter brings tea/ coffee to the table.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The location was great, only a 5 minute walk from Avenue Louise and the metro station. The staff were so friendly and helpful with all our questions. There is a cute little bar in the hotel perfect to have a nightcap in after a busyday out. Breakfast was fine, pastries, fresh fruit & fresh juice, meat & cheese or eggs. Overall, great value

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Old fashioned decoration in the room, fitted carpet with marks, washbasin outside the bathroom, no cental heating (there was an air conditioner in the room). For entering the room you use a heavy key instead of a card (so the lights and tv are turned off/on manually).

Very very friendly and helpful staff, very good location, very clean, nice personal care products (apivita), big bathroom, good internet connection, good facilities(hair dryer, usb charger, minibar, office and armchairs in the room), very spacious room, quiet hotel (except noise from the road), 2 fast elevators, descent breakfast.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

On a fully booked weekend you do have to go for breakfast early enough to ensure everything is still available and you don't have to wait for a table to become free. But breakfast IS good with plenty of choices.

Room size good, comfortable, warm, quiet.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Bar was very expensive. A pity, as would have enjoyed a night cap.

Friendly reception. Very comfortable bedroom. Great breakfast. Wonderful decor and ambiance throughout.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Bad state of the room, collapsing furniture, stains on the bed cover.

Hotel is indeed in a great location. Out of center shopping area. Staff was helpful and polite. Overall, hotel looks tired and needs maintenance, furniture in our room was quite old and collapsing. Parking is next door, charged 25 eur/night and it is limited, I would suggest to use Indigo parking instead which is 30 m. away and costs 15 eur/night. Breakfast was OK, nothing special, wish there were some vegetables and change in a menu once in a while (we stayed 4 nights).

• Superior Twin or Double Room

The beds in this room broke both our backs. Toilet was broken. We booked a double superior room, but were first given a small room next to the elevator. We had to wait while to have breakfast both mornings, because all tables were still dirty and not cleaned after other guests had left. It was a mess. Dishes were hardly restocked, no fresh juices, eggs or sausages after they were empty. We informed the manager, but were told in an arrogant manner that it was simply 'a busy time of the year'.

• Superior Twin or Double Room

Just the elevator doors are a bit noisy, but this is not really an issue, even being close to the elevator. Just something to improve.

Hotel Manos is a very traditional hotel. Everything is well maintained and clean. If you have a room to the backside it is very silent and sleeping with open windows possible. A nice coffee machine with enough capsules helps you to wake up.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Would prefer the hot drinks to be served in proper coffee/tea/hot chocolate pots instead of self service for thermos flasks.

Very quiet and cosy room. Good facilities and location.

• Superior Twin or Double Room

Presume this is 4 star hotel, however service is barely 3 and here's why: I booked for 3 nights (first 2, then revised fm booking to 3), despite my warning for correction on the first day, after 2 nights, they called me while I was at the conferece to ask whether I was checking out... no apologies later on. Elevator floor was not vacuum cleaned during my whole stay (noticed same dirt on the floor for 4 days), hairdryer in the room not working properly, restaurant suggested by concierge was outside working hrs, water from bathtub was overflowing (regardless of my different trials)... There is a fine line between "classic" and "old" and Manos Stephanie lacks the proper service and maintenance.

Convenient location

• Classic Double Room with Shower

A bit far away from the center and EU institutions. Though comfortable, the room / bathroom need a bit of refurbishment...

Old style hotel, with lovely interior, oil paintings, chandeliers... Very comfortable room, with nice little terrace (first floor). Clean. Nice, big bathroom. Very good breakfast. Excellent staff.

• Superior Twin or Double Room

I had originally booked the Manos Stephanie on the understanding it had an EV charger, but it didn't, and then they found out the charger at the Manos Premier nearby wasn't ready and so I was transferred (very efficiently) to their Be Manos Hotel in Anderlecht. The design style is 'interesting', if a little kinky. I was inclined to bang my foot off the almost invisible corner of the bed frame.

The hotel has a Tesla destination charger, which I could use for free whenever I wanted, and the excellent staff made sure it wasn't blocked by other drivers. The room and breakfast were very good and the various Portuguese, Greek and Moroccan staff were all first class.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Although there was a problem with my reservation, the staff arranged to relocate me for the first night in another hotel of the Manos hotels chain. The staff was incredibly kind and helpful and they made every effort to compensate the initial problem. This is really appreciated. Hotel Manos Stephanie is a a value for money hotel, at a great location, comfort rooms and good breakfast.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

I had some difficulties with the public transport, I did not receive any good aviceces at the hotel

Very pleasant and beatiful interots, and the room as well. Old and very chic part of Brussels

• Superior Twin or Double Room

I don't usually comment on my stays in hotels but here is an exception. I stayed here on the 27 Sep 2017 and I paid €284.48 for just one night. They take a photocopy of you credit card when you check in and when I objected they told me that is their normal procedure. Then I woke up in the morning and I won't even find hot water in the tab. I couldn't even take a shower. The hotel said they had a technical problem but persistently ignored my requests for compensation. I feel that part of the €284 was charged to provide me with hot water. I felt I was robbed. They don't even reply to my emails. Avoid this hotel if you don't want to have the same experience.

• Superior Twin or Double Room

Beautiful, classic hotel in a great location. Kind, patient and helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast -- loved the real honeycomb. Our room was quite large so could be even better with a more purposeful lounge/relaxing area -- maybe add in a small sofa.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The staff is not very nice, nor helpful. Plus, the car parking for the hotel is really not welcoming or well kept for, and the hotel charged 25€ for one night (!!!!!!) of parking. This is really overpriced.

The room was very comfortable, very clean, the hotel is really nice and the breakfast very good.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Some people don't enjoy showering behind a shower curtain, this is all I can think of as a negative although it was not an issue for me as they were spotlessly clean.

From the moment our party arrived we were treated to the exceptional service of the reception team at Hotel Manos Stephanie. I had asked if rooms could be ready early and there were all ready for us. Beautiful comfortable rooms with everything we needed. We needed to visit different areas of the city to meet with family and there was ample help with planning transport and routes to make our trips comfortable. Breakfast buffet every morning was splendid, all freshly prepared and a selection to suit everyone. The staff at this hotel are just delightful. We had a wonderful stay.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Shower quite small, decoration quite old style and atmosphere at the breakfast room a bit depressing

The staff was super accommodating and helpful. Good breakfast and comfy bed

• Superior Twin or Double Room

The dripping noise from the air conditioning unit above our room was irritating.

The breakfast selection was very good. The pastries were perfect. The staff were very welcoming and helpful.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Breakfast is served between 7 and 11.00. At 10.00 in the morning the variety of food is limited; some slices of ham and cheese. Hot food is cold as the the heater for bacon and scrambled eggs is already turned off. Interior of the restaurant is outdated (many stains on the chairs and tablecloths). Front desk employees were very service-minded, attentive and willing to go an extra mile in order to support the guests.

Central location, very friendly staff eager to help

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The hot breakfast it was not hot but cold - the cold breakfast was very nice

The room was spacious clean and comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The parking. I really did not like that we had to pay a lot for the parking.

Philip from the front desk was very nice and explained everything to us. He gave us details and was very kind too, very patient with our questions.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

We loved this hotel. It's a little bit outside downtown Brussels but it's an easy and very interesting walk to the downtown area. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was excellent and also so helpful. The price was unbelievably reasonable and it includes a very nice breakfast.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

If you have a car taller than 1.90, you cannot fit in their underground garage and parking in the street is scarce and costly.

Very central location in Brussels, friendly staff, good breakfast.

Nothing to fault

Great reception staff. Very obliging and accomodating. We were celebrating our 50th wedding Anniversary and were given a lovely room and a complimentary glass of champagne each.

Cannot think of anything

The hotel has an old world charm and lives up to expectations. Excellent service from all staff. A good breakfast buffet (including smoked salmon and scrambled eggs).

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The location was very convenient to all amenities. it was very near Louisa where you find all the nice shops and restaurants. The hotel staff were so friendly and helpful I would definetly go back.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Cousy hotel, with very helpfull staff, becouse I am staying there every couple month staff remembers me that is realy nice, rooms are clean, and breakfast really good.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Air conditioner in our room was broken. Elevator very tiny; only 3 people or 2 and 1 suitcase at a time.

Location was good, staff friendly and the included breakfast was nice selection. Reasonable rates.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Price for the parking could be lower

Spacious and comfortable room, friendly staff, very nice breakfast included in the price, decent parking availability, good location

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Wifi in room was horribly slow at times. The area around the property seemed trashy, dirty and generally run down. Not sure what I was expecting from the city of Brussels itself, but the constant sight of rubbish on the street as well as the constant smell of urine (on the streets that is, not the property) were a bit of a letdown. 3-person lifts. Heavy military/police presence throughout the city. I'll not be returning to Brussels by choice.

Breakfast buffet was excellent. Staff spot on. Lebanese restaurant across the street had decent milkshakes. Pizza place a short walk away was excellent & fast. A/C worked to cool the room down.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The hotel is a good 4*, conveniently located near metro Louise station; it offers what is meant basically by such a hotel; it has good wifi and check-in/check-out process is really fast and I appreciate that. I see in other reviews that someone has not appreciated coffee during breakfast; as an Italian I must admit that coffee there is not the best possible, at the same time not too bad, but in the room there are complimentary nespresso pods so you can balance

• Classic Double Room with Shower

It should be said that the structure is not as new as many other four stars you may find in Brussels. On the contrary, it is rather old fashioned, but well maintained and quite cosy. The rooms at the first floor enjoy a nice and sunny (shared) terrace. The breakfast is abundant and fresh

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Mini fridge didn't work

The team at the receywere incredibly attentive and friendly. Location is great and we got a quiet room. Breakfast- excellent with many local delights ( if my wife reads it- I swear I didn't touch any!)

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

- Breakfast was OK, but the service was slow and not attentive or absent. - Elevators are very small (the stroller nearly didn't fit in) and there were three big steps (not stroller or wheelchair-friendly) before accessing the elevator. The staff was very friendly and assisted us when needed. - Small bathroom (shower and toilet) with the sinks located in the corridor. A bit odd but not a major issue.

- Friendly and helpful staff. - A children's travel bed was put in the room after specifying traveling with a small child.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

It was all good

I have been staying in hotel few times now. It is a very good hotel, very close to public transport both tram and metro. The breakfast is excellent. Rooms were big and bed was comfortable. I would definitely stay again. The staff at the front desk were very friendly

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The breakfast was poor, and for those that come late there is no refill.

The reason why I selected this hotel was the location. It's a classic hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The WiFi connection was totally inadequate. I've had much better WiFi connection in third world hotels. I rang reception to report this. The reception lady called back 10 minutes later to say "the WiFi is working perfectly" which it was - just for a few seconds - and then back to the dark ages. I could not get any work done. Very frustrating! In addition, the door to the room would not lock from the inside (or the outside for that matter). When I reported this to reception - hoping to get a room change with a properly locking door - I was told (by the same lady as above) that none of the doors did! The strangest thing I've been told by any hotel staff, ever! I hope for the hotel's sake it was a joke - if it was, there is something to be said about curbing one's alleged sense of humour. All in all, pretentious without a cause.

At check-out, the guy at the reception desk was very courteous and helpful.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Aircon not working is a serious flaw when 30 degrees Celsius outside. And on top the radiator was hot as we arrived....... Clearly service checks have been poorly or not performed.

Very nice and helpful staff!

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Wifi is not very stable.

The reception here is very kind and warm,I come earlier than the check in time and he gives me the empty room.The bed is very comfortable and the environment is good.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Room was fine but a bit dated and let down by the carpeting which was looking tired and worn-out. Additional light in the closet area would be nice - a little dark. Low rumble possibly from tram/metro entered the room otherwise relatively quiet. The breakfast room was nice and bright and good selection of items however the staffing was low meaning that there wasn't anyone to clear/set-up used tables and provide welcome so had to wait a while to be greeted and served coffee etc. on arrival.

The room was of good size and had expected amenities. Otherwise nothing really exceptional to report. Location was good central to shopping and dining. WiFi worked fine.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The hotel bar was very expensive.

Easy walking distance to centre of Brussels. It's €25 per night for a parking space but parking is below the hotel and secure so if you arrive by car it's a good option.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

the man at breakfast was putting the music very loud, the ventilation in the bathroom runs all the night very loudly

the furniture is very pretty , the location

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Everything was perfect. The staff very helpfull and friendly. Very good and various breakfast. Good area with many restaurants. A little far from old center (as 30 min. walking) but this was not a problem for us. Good area with many restaurants.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Breakfast buffet patchy. Wi-fi signal of varying quality. TV signals poor.

Excellent welcome. Lovely quiet room. Good location for exploring Brussels (but not in the very centre).

• Duplex Junior Suite

Dated rooms that staff said will be renovated in 2017. No bell service and guests have to carry your own luggage.

Good location near Avenue Louise and shopping, friendly & knowledgeable staff. Booked a Duplex suite room that was large enough for a family of 3. Decent buffet breakfast and WiFi is strong enough.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

We were a bit confused when we came down for the buffet breakfast as to why we were waiting in line to be seated. Also, our shower would jump from Hot to Cold water through out the entirety of the shower. It was always a little surprise when the water temp would change and would it be Hot or Cold?:)

The location was excellent to be centralized in the shopping district and within a short walk to many eateries and specialty shops. The room was very cozy and was decorated in theme and grandeur as the rest of the hotel. The Gentleman who checked us in was kind enough to offer us dinning suggestions as we had arrived on Easter Sunday.

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The room decor is a bit dated, but still a great place to stay.

Great location, very helpful and friendly staff, with a very clean and comfortable room. An ideal location for a visit to Brussels. Very good breakfast buffet. Definitely would stay there again!

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The lift was quiet small and slow with the cleaners using it at the same time-- we could not easily find the stairs...

Bed was perfect. our room quiet. Breakfast was really good and tasty! Location is perfect and with the parking beside, it was more than convenient. Nice clients too!

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Although decoration is refined, it is a little outdated.

Warm service. Stylish decoration (Louis XVI). Spacious room. Generous breakfast. Coffee maker in the room.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Coffee at breakfast was really not good.

The staff were most welcoming and interesting. They remembered our names and nationality, and made us feel really welcome!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Beautiful rooms and building. real oil paintings on the walls, and one of the nicest bedrooms I have seen in brussels. Easy walking distance from Louise Metro.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

The wifi was not working with the VPN.. not sure if issue of the wifi or VPN, but usually I dont have issues. The scrambled eggs were cold

The breakfast was very good both in variety and quality. The rooms were clean and the location was perfect. It is seen that this is relatively old hotel, but went through some needed renovation.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

room was cold. A/c was just for cooling and no remote. Stuff Answer= heating is centralized Maybe just my room issue

really nice and outgoing stuff at front desk good room service breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

No veggies for breakfast. The pillow was very uncomfortable for me (too thick). I could hear every noise coming from the corridor.

Good wifi. Size of the room was okay. Tea making facility in the room.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

No restaurant, lift was tiny and was often full which meant we had to take the stairs.

Breakfast was very nice and set in a lovely dining area. Room was pleasant and comfortable. As you enter the hotel it really feels like a 5 star.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

Milk at breakfast wasn't fresh milk but UHT/long life. OK for the in-room facilities, but I prefer fresh milk in my tea/coffee in the morning at breakfast. That's my only possible complaint.

Room very comfortable. Reception staff excellent, helpful and extremely polite. Check-in and check-out very efficient. Late check-out service extremely useful & flexible.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Classic Double Room with Shower

I stayed in Brussels just for one night to see doctors. The hotel was within walking distance from my doctors. The personnel was friendly and efficient; the room comfortable and clean! I will certainly go back next time I am in Brussels.

Browse Hotel Manos Stephanie traveller photo gallery