Reviews of ApartHotel MAS Residence

Rue de Spa 14, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#8 of 232 Holiday rentals in Brussels

• Executive Suite

The apartment units are of excellent quality and cleanliness. It is also walking distance to key places in Brussels (both for business and tourism purposes). The staff are friendly and attentive, they respond to requests and queries promptly. This place is way better than most hotels (even 5-star hotels). Guests can cook (the apartment has complete cooking amenities), and the housekeeping staff cleans your apartment everyday, hence your unit remains spotless. Thanks to all MAS Residence staff for their excellent service, especially Milton, Paul and the housekeeping team.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Liked everything. Stayed at the apartment and it was huge for a family. High ceilings added to the grandeur, if I may say. The rooms were very clean. Had a nice terrace attached which I couldn't use but nevertheless was an added benefit. The staff was polite and helping. 5 to 7 minutes walk to the nearest metro also made it easier to travel around.

• Business Suite

The apartment had all necessary items to ensure a comfortable stay. The executive suite has a nice terrace with great view. Super centred location however very quiet in the night.

• Executive Suite

For an executive suite, I would've expected a bit more - like more complementary tea and coffee and toiletries for the bathroom - i was staying one night so I didn't think it worth bringing my own. There were just a few minor gripes - main mirror was facing the balcony so it's bright behind you when you look it in, can't really see, the TV channel selection was very basic, etc. but it called EXECUTIVE. That said it's a great location, and the staff were really nice so I liked it.

The staff were really nice - the room was spacious and comfortable and the bathroom nice. They were helpful about sorting out the parking.

• Business Suite

ApartHotel MAS Residence is great accommodation within easy reach to Centraal Station, with two metro lines to choose from both of these nearby metro stops, Arts-Loi/Kunst-Wet and Maalbeek/Maelbeek. If it is Gare Midi you need, the metro stop is Arts-Loi/Kunst-Wet, which also gives two metro lines going to the station. The two metro stops, Arts-Loi/Kunst-Wet and Maalbeek/Maelbeek are both a 5-10 minute walk from the accommodation. Everything is within easy walking distance, the Cathedral is just over 1km away and the stunningly beautiful Grand Place is just under 2kms away. We were in the business suite and we were surprised at how large it was. The apartment was very quiet, with a comfortable bed and good curtains to block out the light and everything was very clean. They are not stingy on lights here either, there were plenty to turn on if needed, (rooms are terrible if gloomy with next to no lighting in). Milton on the desk was very helpful. Excellent comfortable accommodation with everything a 15-20 minute walk away, would stay here again.

• Business Suite

When I booked the room with booking.com, I chose the option of payment only at the moment of the check-in at MAS Residence. This request was not fulfilled and my credit card was charged before I got the check-in at MAS. That was terrrible because I was abroad and a good value of my credits limits was consumed.

Staff is awesome, bed is comfy and facilities are beyond any expectations.

• Special Offer - Suite

The only thing that I wish would have been different would be that they could've accommodated my request for an early check-in without charging me a 40 Euro supplement.

Location was perfect. Rooms were a great value. Staff was very friendly. Lots of space in my room - like a mini apartment!

• Executive Suite

Sounds and smells carry a lot. Person upstairs got up at 6.30 and started cooking curry. When they put their extractor fan in it sounded as though mine was on and I could smell the food like I was cooking it.

Spacious, well equipped room with comfortable bed. Good little kitchenette

• Business Suite

Re-decorate and acoustically isolate the rooms.

The location is perfect for EC meetings. However I was given a suite/studio in the basement, that was fairly large, but very poorly decorated. Moreover, the building (not the main one) was extremely noisy and I couldn't sleep all night as I was hearing noises from all other rooms and the top floor.

• Business Suite

Bed was a bit hard for my preference; Floor boards very creaky; would have preferred bathroom and kitchen area at same level rather than up a few steps.

Great location; Good facilities; Lovely & roomy

• Business Suite

There was a little kitchen / service area next to my garden level room. There was quite a bit of clatter in the early morning as service prepared for the day.

Very large and comfortable, excellent location for my purpose.

• Business Suite

There were instant coffee available but no milk. But this is the only thing I felt was missing in the apartment.

Loved our apartment! We are very sensitive sleepers so didn't want to stay right in the centre of the city. This apartment is 15-20mins away from the city on foot and it provided everything we needed for a weekend getaway trip. Everywhere was clean and the décor was pretty modern. I'd come back here again next time!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Business Suite

When we were checking out, the guy at the reception said that we had to wait for 5-10 minutes for the cleaning staff to go check the rooms. I was a bit taken aback by this since this had never happened to me before. I know that hotels go and check rooms after you check out, but it is always done discretely and they never ask you to wait. Given that, I did not mind waiting and thought maybe this was their usual procedure and rule. Within 3 minutes, one of the cleaning ladies came down with a slightly damaged remote of the A/C (the cover where the cells go in was slightly damaged). The guy at the reception then accused us of breaking the remote and asked us to pay for it. Funny thing, we never used the A/C because the days we were in Brussel - it was quite cold so we did not need to switch on the A/C at all! When I told the receptionist this, he still kept accusing us of breaking it - and then asked us to settle on the side (unofficially) - this is when I knew that the staff was just looking to make money on the side. I refused to pay and threatened the receptionist that I would write to the manager about this - which is when he suddenly got scared and agreed to let us go. The above incident just ruined our experience at this hotel. I am writing this review to warn other guests who might face this - please be careful - I think the staff is doing these tricks without the management knowing (that is my guess).

Me and my family (4 people) booked 2 double rooms in the hotel and stayed there for 3 nights. This is a very good hotel with big rooms, a good kitchen with new appliances, and a big and clean bathroom. Our stay was very comfortable, and would have left a 5 star review unless this incident (below) had not happened.

Absolutely nothing.

It was a HUGE room wit everything you could ask for. The staff was friendly and helpfull and the shower was perfect. We had a fantastic breakfast in bed.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Business Suite

The room I had was the garden suite -1, right next to a staff room which was extremely noisy!! The security alarm rang 2 mornings in a row at about 7:50 am! First morning I was startled, the next morning it woke me up! The bathroom seriously needs renovation. Maybe because the room was booked via booking.com, for a two-day stay I got 2 little portions of nescafé and 2 tea bags with no cream and powder sugar in a pot. So if you intend to make your own coffee and tea, bring your own supplies. Also no tissues in the bathroom so definitely bring your own supplies.

Location and price at that particular point in time. Will probably go back there just for the location and price (as I am meant to pick the lowest price room by corporate travel rules).

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Business Suite

the entrance looks uninviting. Breakfast can only be delivered in your room for 15 euros but there was a lot of food and it was relaxing to do it in the flat.

spacious flat for the price of a hotel bedroom with small kitchen, fridge... large shower and great bed, very nice staff who helped me with the remote system for the blinds

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Business Suite

The ApartHotel is easy to access via train from the airport - the ride is just 15 minutes. The staff is very friendly and willing to help. I had a two stories apartment with bedroom and bathroom downstairs, and a small kitchen with dining table and chairs upstairs. All in all it was great, and a very good value for money experience!

• Executive Suite

I found the matress on the bed a little thin ?? I'm just used to a very thick, sturdy matress but overall it was comfortable enough to sleep on for a few days.

This was a fantastic location as I was on a work trip and it was close to everything. The room was really comfortable with a spotless kitchenette and bathroom off it. It made for a very pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Very close to the EU offices (cross the street...), very large apartment, well equipped kitchen, nice fornitures, at a price largely lower than nearby hotels

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Business Suite

My stay should have been longer :p Nothing else really.

The couches were comfortable. The room was so spacious and spotless, and the wifi works wonderfully. The staff was so incredibly friendly, accommodating and helpful. This really felt like a home away from home and a place where you could just completely relax after a long conference or work day. I would most definitely stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Can't think of anything

Friendly staff Cleanliness of the room Everything was present in the room to make the stay as convenient as possible Close to supermarket, market place, parliament-> the position is perfect Fast internet

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Business Suite

The staff were lovely and we had basically a whole apartment to ourselves it was amazing. Short walk from the city centre. It made Brussels our favourite part of our trip!

• Business Suite

Its room was very clean and comfortable. It was also very big room and you can make your meal by yourself in your apart kitchen. It was great for us!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Business Suite

Struggled to get a cup of coffee early in the morning in the neighbourhood. Though there is a coffee machine, alas no coffee. Could be included as part of the mini-bar - ie, pay as you go...

What a gem! Wish I had known about it before! Excellent location if you're need to be near the EU offices. Room was very spacious and well designed. Clean and large bathroom.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Business Suite

Bathroom was on the small side compared to the overall size of the apartment. A "real" coffee "machine" would have been better. There were a lot of cigarette butts in the gutter next to the terrace. Apartments are not soundproof and noises could be heard from other apartments, but that is to be expected/inevitable in such mansions.

Close to Maelbeek and Art-Loi metro stations. During the weekend, excellent value for money (we also received a free upgrade). Friendly/welcoming staff at the front desk. The one bedroom apartment that we were given was very big, with a little terrace at the back overlooking the garden. There was an elevator .

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Business Suite

I missed tissues and I had my doubts about the colour scheme of the bathroom

Very spacious, like a ballroom. Excellent kitchen. Great workspot and wifi. Great location if you need to be in the European quarter.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Business Suite

Very spacious rooms, high ceiling, extremely kind staff. We have been in many hotels in the neighbourhood/European quarter, including 4 star hotels: this is the best accomodation so far, mainly because of the huge space in the room and the nice decorations (much nicer than an anonymous hotel room).

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Not applicable

This is one of the best hotels in Brussels for a business traveller who needs to work in the hotel during the travel. Room very spacey, good working desks, comfortable sitting group (chairs, coffee table,sofa). Comfortable bed. Good bed- and reading lights. Fully equipped kitchenette (fridge, stove, microwave, water boiler) for making coffee/tea or have a take-home meal. Centrally located in the EU quarters. Quiet environment. Fast Wifi.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Business Suite

The availability of only one instant coffee packet a day (I had to ask for more each day, however, no problem at all for once, but it would have been more useful to provide more coffee and tea in the room). In the beginning, I could smell the cigarette smoke of a previous guest in the room, even in the sheets and pillows, but again, this was solved immediately by the hotel staff.

Very convenient for a business trip. I really liked the large work space and fast WiFi. Staff is kind and helpful. The kitchen in the room is a plus to prepare breakfast/coffee/tea.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Business Suite

Wi-Fi coverage was reduced in my room. However, they gave me an Ethernet cable, so it was fully solved.

Absolutely great aparthotel. Well located for EU Commission and other EU facilities. Staff was extremely kind, nothing comparable to most hotels.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Executive Suite

box of cleenex missing in bathroom

Biggest room ever in Brussels 65m2: living room with kitchen corner, bedroom, separated toilet, bathroom and terrace calm street

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Business Suite

- Interior decoration a bit oldish-looking, some design accents but no clear style - A box of tissues in the bathroom would have been handy - Small packaged soap and shampoo are such a waste, dispensers would be easier and more ecological - Not cheap, plus 15 euros for breakfast

- Excellent location near many Commission DG's - Very professional staff - Spacey appartment with high ceilings and old building details

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Business Suite

Lack of a safe; The chair provided for the desk to work was on castors which, with a wooden floor, made it difficult to keep in one place and kept sliding about.

Great base if you've got to go to the European Commission; Big rooms, cooking facilities; very comfortable beds; good working area.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Executive Suite

If I had one it would be that there is about a 15-20 minute walk into the centre. However on a good day (which we had plenty of) it's very pleasant. However the appts do give you details about the location prior to booking so any clients should be aware before booking

The rooms were amazing, staff really friendly didn't spend enough time there however to comment on what other facilities they may/may not have.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Business Suite

Nothing, it was an excellent staying.

Exceptionally clean, very spacious, tastefully decorated, modern and well appointed kitchenette and bathroom, very fast internet. And the staff is lovely. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Business Suite

Nothing. It was great place to stay.

The apartments were fantastic. The photos of the rooms did not do them justice. This is the best place I have ever got abroad.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Business Suite

Not many good eating places nearby. No nice vibe in the streets just glass walls of commerce.

Very helpful staff. I had a studio apartment and it was roomy and well equipped.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The receptionist calling me to remind me that the check out time when I still had time.

The welcoming, Cleaning place not noisy.

Everything was perfect!

• Executive Suite

very professional and friendly staff

Amenities, price

Location, view

N.a

Helpful staff and nice clean rooms

• Business Suite

Would be nice if there is a nice arrangement to sit in the back garden.

Very clean room and bathroom , spacious enough, friendly staff.

Friendly staff, very comfortable

the stairs

it's good value for money for a weekend stay the place is clean friendly staff responded to my requests for more tea bags promptly

• Executive Suite

The wood floor makes noises when walking

Big suit and high roof

• Business Suite

too hot in the top floor/ elevator out of service temporarily

• Business Suite

the size and decoration of the room

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Noises where infernal, could’t sleep 2 nights because of top apt sounds (wooden floor)

• Executive Suite

very big and nice appartment

The appartement is amazing

• Business Suite

The bed & covers were very comfortable and so was the single chair

• Business Suite

If somebody in another apartment cooked, you could feel the smell in your room

Staff was very nice and the accommodation comfortable

• Business Suite

Very clean and well furnished, perfect to visit Brussels, very close to the historical center, highly recommended

• Business Suite

Everything perfect - very convenient location, very comfortable room, very friendly service. Thank you!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

creaking floor and no place for working (no desk with a chair).

Close to office

• Business Suite

Good and comfortable hotel with excellent staff

• Business Suite

The room is spacious. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is excellent as my meetings were in EU quarter.

• Business Suite

Clean, comfortable, stylish, very good location, great service - highly recommended.

• Business Suite

Room was not clean, location was poor.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Executive Suite

Beautiful classic room, friendly staff, nice neighborhood with bars close-by and short walk to old center.

Everything was ok

Everything was fine

All good

Breakfast served in t the room.

Almost everything

Kitchen a little tired.

The spaciousness was nice to have. WiFi was good.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Tv should be have high definition

• Executive Suite

MAS residence tells all guests that copy of credit card is mandatory - its not acceptable for any reasons!

• Business Suite

Perfect location for business purposes. Also easy to reach from the city centre.

n.a.

Very large rooms. Central location, yet quiet. Staff was very helpful. The parking is nearby and easy to park your car.

• Business Suite

Quiet location, 10 minute walk from city centre. Metro station nearby. Large, clean and modern appartement. Possibility of breakfast to room.

• Business Suite

Have to walk a bit from the nearest metro stop.

Spacious room with very good facilities. Staff members were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Excellent value for money

Excellent location and facilities

Not applicable

Location location location. Big apartment. I think we got a free upgrade. Loved everything about this place.

• Business Suite

WiFi was not very good in my room. Connection was weak and kept dropping out.

Browse ApartHotel MAS Residence traveller photo gallery