2. Belgium hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Metropole

Reviews of Hotel Metropole

Place de Brouckere 31, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#117 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Wonderful, excellent, perfect

Nothing. It was perfect

Everything. Location was perfect for visiting the Christmas markets. The hotel was beautiful, the photos not doing it credit. Restaurant was amazing and the food was excellent and the staff was so kindly and friendly. All round we would abosulty stay there again.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Great location, comfy beds, few minor issues

View from our room was into an inner courtyard looking onto the roof of the basement so not great, last time we stayed we had a great view out the front, also at the start of the stay we were told the tv aerial was not working so nobody had a working tv, Bathroom was poorly designed where the toilet was as when you reach for the toilet roll you bash your elbow on the wall each time (room 2019)

It's just a lovely building, massive comfy beds, great location

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

Perfect location, gorgeous spacious bedroom and friendly staff.

The bathroom had some mold growing on the ceiling over the bath. The was a fir bit of construction noise outside our room on the Monday morning.

The location was amazing for city center exploring! The staff were super helpful and very friendly. We loved the outdoor heated seating area at the front where we could sit and have a night cap. The bed was super comfy!

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

The location was perfect and the lobby is a work of...
    • Superior Twin Room

Very bad experience overall: 1. Christmas period but not a single decoration/tree 2. Booked a lot in advance and asked for a blue room-was provided with a green horrible one with a communicating door to another room-closed by a thin wall. Tried to change-was sent to a noisy bad room that I think it was next to some service area as I could hear the workers plus an odd noise all night 3. They sent via mail offers from which I purchased « assortment of neuhaus chocolates>> as it was my mother’s birthday and I wanted to surprise her. Received elisabeth wafles🙄-no neuhaus but hey-money gone. 4. Paid 25 eur/person/breakfast-not bad the breakfast but 3star hotel level. For the same price at Marriott you get completely something else. 5. Room had missing paint on walls, looked worse than the one booked 2 days before in Brugge( deluxe but in a 3 star hotel) The only reason for which this hotel has 5 stars is the lobby-which looks fancy and sometimes in the middle is decorated by a hoover👌🏻😂- congrats for the management guys👎🏻 Went a lot in Business trips and leisure ones in Belgium, but is the first and last time I am staying in this hotel.

The location was perfect and the lobby is a work of art-architecturally.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Great location for a city break!

Dated decor. Quite expensive. Lifts didn't work. Deposit of £100 that wasn't made clear on booking. Terrible tony pillows and only one each.

Big spacious room. Comfy bed. Very clean. Right in the city centre able to walk everywhere. Good heating and air con facilities.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

• Superior Twin Room

One lift was broken which meant we had to carry a buggy up and down 2 flights of stairs each day. Not ideal when paying nearly €200 per night!

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

The rooms are very poor, the breakfast very very very poor...
    • Privilege Double Room

The rooms are very poor, the breakfast very very very poor no cucumber no tomatoes, The lampe in the corridor of my room wasn’t working during the 3 days of our stay. It a 4 stars hotel not a 5 stars one. Sorry i will not refere it tk anybody

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Misleading promotional photos of the hotel rooms

A situation of "Expectations VS Reality" where the pictures of the rooms online look really beautiful and luxurious, but in reality the rooms are outdated and damaged. There was water damage on the walls, the wardrobes had pieces of them ripped away and the room smelled so much of cigarette smoke due to poor ventilation at night that we couldn't sleep. Also there was no conditioner in the bathroom which I'd expect from a 5 star hotel (although I know it's not mandatory to get the rating). On top of that I had to pay a €100 deposit for the room although I paid in full for the room at check-in, which is ironic considering how much damage there was in the room. The staff was unfortunately quite rude as well, especially at check-out which left me with an even worse impression of our stay.

There was free water and beer in the mini fridge. Very central location.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Terrible for a 5-star hotel

This is no 5-star property, 3-stars at best. Upon entering the room, our eyes and noses were burned by the stench of a cheap fragrance that saturated the room. We should have left then, but instead we opened the window to try to air it out. If we were staying more than 16 hours, we would have demanded another room. The smell never went away, we had to leave the window open overnight, even though it was 42F. The room looked like it had not been updated since the 70's. It was a monochrome yellow space, not sunny yellow, but like urine-colored. Every upholstered surface was stained, the chandelier was broken, the paint was chipped on all the walls, wallpaper torn, and the window was mildewed. There was a locked closet behind the TV which sort of creeped me out, especially seeing as how they were attempting to cover up some odor with a bucket of cologne. The sheets were course and the pillows were thin yet lumpy. The stained bedcover even had the room number written on it, like it was THE stained bedspread special for that room. The bathroom door would not latch. The caulk around the shower door was cracked and a big puddle formed on the bathroom floor. In the morning housekeeping walked in our room without knocking at 8am and stood in the door staring at us in bed while we were telling her to get out. She tried to let herself in again 15 minutes later. We tried complaining to the front desk who was dismissive and didn't understand why we didn't want the maid coming in the room while we were sleeping. My boyfriend got stuck in the elevator and had to pry the doors open. The restaurant claimed to have no record of us in our room until I got irritated, then they suddenly found our name. Immediately at 10:30 they took all the food and drinks from the breakfast despite several tables of customers still eating. The restaurant was shabby too with a broken mirror next to the buffet and every table we tried wobbled.

Windows opened, towel heater in bath, good water pressure in shower

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Definitely nothing

An advertisement photos and real rooms are quite different in a worst terms, rooms are in old shape and state and been waiting for renovation, bad smell settled in the rooms many ages ago. Could be considered as a scam when you expect one and get this another. But staff is good and affable.

Definitely nothing

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Good , but not coming back until renovated ( if)
    • Privilege Double Room

The problem with heating !! Out of order, we were provided with a tiny heating portable radiator . The technicians tried their best, at no success . We were offered only the last night to move to another room but we were leaving the next day Overall, this superb, iconic hotel needs a good renovation!!!

The service - prompt and very friendly . The rich breakfast

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

An exceptionally lovely stay!

The hotel is situated in a big and beautiful building - so if you're an aesthete, you will get a lot of pleasure while staying. The location is great - next to the Grand Place and other impressive sightseeing. A delicious breakfast every morning consists of plenty variety of European meal, different kind of fresh-baked bread, chocolate croissants and Brussels waffles (it's important to know if you're a sweet tooth person ;-). A fish restaurant is nearby where served just marvelous mussels. I was pleasantly surprised by a clean cozy and big suite room with a quiet air conditioning system, a big comfortable bed and exceptionally soft towels, and bathrobes. All staff is smiling and pleasantly diplomatic. Thanks a lot for your hospitality! I'll come back with great pleasure!

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

The authentic style yet the rooms are new and rich.

No slippers in the room and no body lotion in bathroom and no kettle in the room.

The authentic style yet the rooms are new and rich. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They booked for us all internal trips and the train to Amsterdam. I recommend it and will go there again. It’s in the middle of everything walking distance.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

Nothing - everything was great, so not much more to write here

Metropole is a very good Hotel and I had a great deal via booking.com - otherwise it would have been far to expensive for me. I liked everything: the place itself, my room, good view, wonderfol breaskfast in a very nice breakfast room, good Internet. Among my many stays in Brussels so far this was one of my best hotel experiences.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

A classy place as it is over 100 years old famous...
    • Superior Twin Room

Wi-fi accwss/service, which is most important aspect of service for me personally, is below standard, having to re-register repeatedly just to maintain internet access.

A classy place as it is over 100 years old famous establishment.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Lovely historic building in a great location.

Breakfast is pretty basic for a 5 star hotel, and our room also was pretty basic. Lots of construction work out the front.

Lovely historic building in a great location.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

I get that this is a heritage hotel but the rooms are a bit too old and shabby...
    • Privilege Double Room

When we checked in, they showed us a room that has definitely seen better days. The linens looked threadbare and the carpet had a stale smell. We asked to be transferred rooms and thankfully they accommodated us.

We enjoyed their restaurant. Food and ambience was great. Very old world.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Beware

This hotel doesn’t exceed the expectations based on its sister Hotel Metropole in Monaco. This location requires a full upgrade and a multimillion dollar renovation to uphold the name of its other sister hotels. I was beyond disappointed after viewing these obvious faulty things. First the electric wall outlets doesn’t work efficiently, the bed is uncomfortable and lumpy, the linen is dingy looking especially for white linens, the paint on the room door jambs are stripping off, the carpets are old and stained. The ultimate turn off in the corridor to find my room there was an old disused console table thrown down in the passageway. Very bad if there is a wheelchair guest. The room is not spotless clean. Thank goodness I only spent one night because the discomfort caused me insomnia. The next morning I checked out very early just to get away. Next time I know not to stray away from oldie but goodie and super clean Holiday Inn express. Anyone who rate this hotel pass 2 stars needs to seriously medicated.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel and the location was superb.
    • Superior Twin Room

Though the room was tidy, the furniture and equipment were a bit outdated (some use marks). There were no water boiler in the room (tea bags, ...).

The reception was great and the staff were very friendly. The room was clean and tidy. The hotel location was more than convenient (metro station just outside and the city center was within a 5min walk).

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Beautiful historic property steps away from everything.

Our room was very simple and plain. I was expecting it to be a little nicer based on the pictures I had seen online.

The location was perfect, such an easy walk everywhere. The property was beautiful. We had a mini bar with free drinks in our room. Helpful staff.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Excellent value for the money and you will enjoy your stay .

Nothing specific.

They allowed us an early checkin that was requested as we were suppose to get ready and attend a conference in Brussels. Even they agreed to customize the mini breakfast in the morning. The breakfast staff were very helpful in suggesting the options and accommodated our requests .

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Very good service, nice rooms and very good bed.
    • Superior Twin Room

Taxi ordered in previous day, no show, different excuses made. Breakfast disappointment, been there since 90´s and today it really is not worth 28 euros!

Very good service, nice rooms and very good bed. Also allergy pillows available and a tea kettle if you ask for it

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

A very comfortable stay in a hotel of charm and character
    • Superior Twin Room

Reception staff are efficient but perhaps they could be a little more welcoming.

Historic hotel, strong late 19th century feel to the design, very comfortable. The excellent Café Metropole provides whatever you feel like eating or drinking at any time. Outside eating on the pavement in winter under radiators. Enjoyable atmosphere.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Work and meetings
    • Superior Twin Room

We travel in twin room (2) persons and have to ask for shampoos and soaps every time for the other person. We were dissappointed that your beutifully scented Metropol soap and shower gel ( since -90s) had been changed to a different one.

Tea kettle was missing but on request we had one.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Great stay, recommended.
    • Superior Twin Room

Not much to improve on really. The hotel décor is what one would expect of a late Victorian era property that has undergone upgrades over the years. Not a modern style hotel by any means but that was why I chose it.

Hotel was located close to the main shopping centre, the railway station and main tourist areas. Also very close to the metro for ease of getting about. Has a nice cafe\bar situated at the front too.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

One day I had to specially ask for the room to be made.

One day I had to specially ask for the room to be made. As the house is very old, had to wait for the hot water for several minutes. Cannot understand how this hotel is rated 5 star, it is actually maybe 3 star

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Good location and rooms

I reserved two rooms for my guests, contacted the hotel over 20 times with no success of speaking to someone(no matter what option I chose on the phone menu) to make sure the payment is made through me. Also no reply to my email sent.

Good location and rooms

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

I was in Europe for one month, and the Metropole was my grand finale. Charming hotel!

The place in front of the hotel is under construction, which detracts from the beauty. Not the hotel's fault. I suggest they replace the broken lights on the "Hotel Metropole" sign. But not really big negatives!

Charming grand old world style hotel. I can't say enough good things about my stay. Try to eat in the dining room when you're there, because the food is great and the art deco styling is gorgeous. The location is great, close to metro and the Grand Place as well as lots of terrific shopping opportunities. The square directly in front of the hotel is under construction which is the only negative, but not the hotel's fault. They say the project will be completed in mid 2019. I plan to stay here next time I'm in Brussels.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Top notch hotel at a reasonable price
    • Superior Twin Room

The outside landscaping works taking place, no fault of the hotel of course as it’s a Municlpal scheme but it didn’t affect our sleep 😊

Loved the period decoration and old style cage lift, straight out of an Agatha Christie story. Huge rooms wonderfully decorated in the Art Deco style. Great room views. Friendliness and helpfulness of staff.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Metropole saved us after a very bad previous hotel choice.
    • Superior Twin Room

Toilet space is hard to negotiate if you are tall or broad. Don’t like the fact that tap water is not available in the Cafe. It can’t be bad since they will make ice from tap water!!!

Breakfast and breakfast area excellent. Room spacious and the air con worked efficiently. Location will be great once the work outside is finished. Overall character of charm and part art- deco was wonderful.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Great hotel

no tea or coffee in room was a bit disappointing and being charged individual room charges for items that were delivered together is a bit poor.

bathrobes were great very soft, good sized room and great location. ground floor is beautiful, a great oldfashioned hotel. The staff were very efficient and helpful throughout.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Excellent.

The shower was difficult to operate.

A stunning lobby, great bar, general ambiance. Very friendly and professional staff. Concierge was very helpful arranging transport.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

First Time at Hotel Metropole

The view was disappointing: the room faced windows from other rooms. At one point during my stay, my key card was deactivated. While that was a hassle, it was only a momentary one: I was given a new key card within minutes and I was apologized to for the experience.

Location is close to restaurants,the metro and points of interest. Staff were courteous and helpful. Amenities were top notch. The bed was huge and comfortable. Extra blankets and pillows were available in the room. Towels were fluffy and big. Water pressure and temperature were just right. Six free beverages were offered in the fridge (two beers, two waters and two Cokes). The room also had a safe that could be programmed with the guest's selected PIN.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

I will avoid this hotel in future

Problems with room. Air condition was working all the time. No possibility to turn it off. Room was not fit in the morning. Called from reception after 2 days that I have be moverd to other room.

Staff

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

Non satisfactory stay
    • Privilege Double Room

The old style with very basic facilities. The lift was very old and small and almost not eorking morning time. Very late room services, very old and bad functioning shower and bathroom

Only the hotel location

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

The staff and handling of the payments has been an absolute...
    • Superior Twin Room

The staff and handling of the payments has been an absolute nightmare, have not been subjected with less professional staff and service. Wouldn't recommend anyone to go through the nightmare we had to go through.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

The location is very good, but there are reconstruction...

There was a problem with the sewerage water. It flows into the bathtub.

The location is very good, but there are reconstruction works outside. The breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Friendly service

The room furnishings looked a bit worn and the walls were thin (got woken up early in the morning by a family in the neighbouring room with a screaming baby that lasted at least an hour!). Apart from that, it was a comfortable room.

Friendly staff and efficient service, charming hotel in a convenient location. The bedroom was spacious and the bed was comfortable; liked the bathroom heat racks for the towels. The buffet breakfast included a variety of vegetarian options and the dining area was spacious.

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

old hotel, need to be renoveted.

old hotel, need to be renoveted. Dirty walls, missing buttons in the lift. even an invoice is not well printed, as the cartridge is not exchanged. All that inacceptable for a 5 star hotel.

Clean

Room is old View isn't good I needed to wait for 20 minutes to check-in because there was only one concierge at 18:00.

Clean Very good location in city center Luxurious lobby

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

A very pleasant one night stay en route back from Bruges.

There was some confusion over the taxi we booked in advance to get to the Eurostar terminal but we just made it in time.

We were upgraded to a suite which was absolutely palatial and made our one-night stop in Brussels absolutely amazing.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

A relaxing stay in grand surroundings!

The breakfast had loads of variety, but they didn’t offer English breakfast tea unless you asked for it. It will be better when the construction is finished outside since the taxi wasn’t able to drop you right outside.

Our stay at Metropole was relaxing and the bedroom was big and welcoming with a lovely bathrzoom. Great shower. Room service staff were very nice

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Value for money.
    • Privilege Double Room

This is, by all means, a 4 star hotel. Well preserved and maintained for its age, but the overall offering is short of a 5 star hotel.

Value for money. With few exceptions, the staff was very competent and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 4, 2018

Comfortable stay in a beautiful hotel.

The surrounding area is under construction which makes it somewhat hard to walk around. The restaurant could be more welcoming to single diners.

Beautiful hotel with great elegance. Comfortable, well-equipped room. Helpful staff. Convenient location near subway.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

good choice

The drainage of the bathtub was partially blocked and the ceiling in the bathroom had mould.

The location is great, close to the main attractions and safe, but a bit noisy during the daytime due to the extensive street resurfacing project. The front desk staff was very helpful and gave a us a room in a quiet area, considering our 6 nights stay. The place is very clean, the breakfast is good and Cafe Metropole is nice.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Stunning hotel, lovely weekend away in a beautiful city

The breakfast was very expensive for just a continental.

The hotel was stunning 😍 the location was perfect and the staff were very efficient. We felt like royalty staying in such a grand place!

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

A pile of crap in a good location is still a pile of crap.
    • Privilege Double Room

You couldn't pay me to go back to this hotel! Room 435 is NOT like the pictures! Stains on the chair and floor, bathroom door was warped, could smell smoke coming from the people below us, worst of all is the bed. Staff is not helpful. This hotel no doubt fixed up some rooms and only used those to lure in customers. I have no doubt people who stay in the good rooms have a good experience with them. The head of housekeeping told me that all the beds were like ours, and was very comfortable... she lied to my face. Hotel Metropole is a SHAM and a FRAUD. AVOID IT!

People say, the location is great, but a pile of crap in a great location is still a pile of crap.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Worth to be seen but some improvements needed

Rooms are renovated but still not at the level we could expect for such an hotel. Staff is not well organised leading to some unacceptable situation for such an hotel (ie 20 min queue for check in)

A classic in Bruxelles. Beautifull hall, bar, patio ... Worth to be seen Staff looking to do their best to give quality service to clients.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Generally the positives outweigh the negatives and we had a good time in beautiful Brussels.

We booked 4 superior double rooms for 4 couples at exactly the same price and specifications. Two of the rooms were smaller, no dressing table, no sofas and smaller TV and bathroom compared to the other two rooms, we were politely told that what currently available despite booking 3 months beforehand!!! Large Windows, unfortunately overlooking ‘nothing’ just concrete walls of next door buildings. Extensive Road Construction right in front of the hotel main entrance, restricting views and blocking Taxi access , we had to walk 5-10 min with our luggage to use a taxi.

Location is excellent, within walking distance from the centre of the old town attractions. Staff are friendly and helpful and speak good English in addition to French and Dutch. Clean and tidy. Very good breakfast and restaurants.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Sadly, the room wasn’t as pictured which was disappointing but it was a good base for Brussels.
    • Privilege Double Room

The room was not as pictured; it was modern with a Spanish theme instead of old world elegance. The toilet ran the entire time we were there and the hallways and room seemed to need some minor repairs and freshening. The lobby of the breakfast room had a strong mold smell.

The old world charm of the lobby is unbeatable.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

One of the grand hotels, worth experiencing, but with a costly breakfast.

Breakfast was priced at about the same amount as a (fairly modest) evening meal. Effectively this is a surcharge on the room, and maybe acceptable if staying one night, but reduces the value for money score.

Worth staying here for the grand marbled reception areas alone. In addition, even the standard room we were in was spacious with a good-sized bathroom. The location is good with a metro station entrance a few metres from the front door and the Grand Place less than a 10-minute walk.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Friendly staff

The mattress was lumpy and the pillows flat with feathers protruding. No bedside table on one side of double bed so had to use a chair instead. Upholstery of chair totally worn through at edge of seat. The entrance rooms of the hotel are beautiful but the hotel looks tired. The breakfast is expensive at 20 Euros per person.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Lovely old world hotel badly run with no attention to detail, Cost saving becomes "penny pinching"

The housekeeping let down the entire hotel. Room old world and super. However the curtains were not properly hung and look scruffy as a result. In addition the provision of one free water and one free beer in a King Double room is ridiculous. The will alway be two people there! Finally one lamp next to the bed had no globe in it and also the service provided by concierge etc for suit cases was non existent. The breakfast room though large with a large range of food has no atmosphere. Having used this hotel for 30 years it is sad to see the drop in standards.

The position and style of the Hotel. Room old world and super.The hotel itself is still superb in a perfect position. Having used this hotel for 30 years it is sad to see the drop in standards.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

We liked the old building and the art deco style of this...

There is a lot of work outside the hotel for the time being. so the ambiance in the hotel was a bit calm

We liked the old building and the art deco style of this imposing hotel. Our room was nice and comfortable

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Great location, old classic hotel.

The construction in the street is a nuisance but it should be completed soon.

Great location, old classic hotel. Good (but not great) breakfast. We were upgraded to a spacious room.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

The location is very convenient.

Doors and windows were old and not well maintained. The road in front of hotel was reconstructed and the access was not limited.

The location is very convenient. Near metro station (De Brouckere) and Central Plaza. The old fashion style of the hotel is amazing.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

The room was spacious & the bed was very comfortable.

The construction outside the front door made cab drop offs difficult.

The room was spacious & the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was quite extensive & of very good quality.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

A classic boutique hotel

Need to be warned that it can take time for ordered taxis to arrive and then navigate the dense traffic. Advise clients to allow plenty of time to get taxi and to meetings or the airport.

Beautiful classic historical hotel - unique. Excellent front desk and service.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Mis-informed

The fact, booking.com & the hotel did not inform of us the city being closed to cars, therefor dragging baggage around car parks, buses etc for 2 hours to arrive at the hotel. And when I called, nobody picked up. Would not use this hotel again

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Comfortable friendly base to explore - and it was Brussels Beerfest weekend !!
    • Superior Twin Room

Only one thing - we had one breakfast each - at E28 ? Mine was my regular two slices of toast, croissant , jam, and coffee - I should have been charged E9 The menue showed an "English Breakfast as E44 !!! better and cheaper breakfasts, morning coffee etc across the square !

The twin room 509 size was huge with a modern bathroom and bath. The view was to the front of the Hotel across the Place Anspach with renovations almost complete The outside seating area was excellent and live music one evening - Gregory was an excellent host there.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Loved the atmosphere, the opulent decor, the very help staff.

Only downfall for the whole hotel experience was the very snobby waitress in the hotel restaurant bar. Not a very attentive member of staff, tried and failed on a number of occasions to get her attention but she didn't to come to our table. She looked across but didn't come to us. We would have stayed longer in the bar if she had and perhaps she would have earned a bigger tip for her trouble.

Loved the atmosphere, the opulent decor, the very help staff. Very clean, spacious room and of course an ideal location for us to explore Brussels.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Historic hotel with modern luxury
    • Privilege Double Room

I had a problem with the bathroom whii h I hope isolated. The Hot and Cold water mixer was not very efficient. Otherwise it was large and well appointed.

The staff at the reception was very friendly and welcoming specially Remi. The Hotel is very classical ln style and even though it is very old property it has been well maintained. It has been made modern without losing its tradition.

Really great location

We had a view out of our window on a wall of the internal 'well' just a couple meters away from our window, which made the room dark and a bit calustrophobic.

Great location!

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Perfect location, very good service but needs renovation and improvement for the 5 star

Rooms are a little bit worn down. With the amount of amenities and room facilities provided, I would definitely say it is a 4 star hotel, rather than a 5 star one. I would love to see some body lotion as a part of the toiletry kit or a kettle in the room for tea/coffee, for instance. There can be very long queues during check in and check out times, so it would be good to keep in mind in case you need to rush out to catch a plane.

Rooms are larger than what you would expect from European standards and come with an ironing facility. Very kind and attentive staff. Location is perfect; it’s close by to the grand place, has a lot of stores around - for some little shopping - and the metro entrance is literally in front of the hotel! You can’t beat that. There is also a bus you can take that goes to the museum area and the train station. The 6 drinks provided in the minibar during check in are free (which are water, cola and beer), which is a very good perk! (But mind you, it is not refilled)

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

The staff at the Metropole are excellent.

The staff at the Metropole are excellent. They are polite, highly efficient and quick to help with any issue. They are also friendly and responsive to queries. The Metropole is a perfect destination for me because it is so close to the De Broucker Metro station, so I can travel from there to either the Eurostar terminal or to my client's offices without changing. It's also handy for late-night food and drink!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2018

Beautiful building

Stunningly beautiful property I've always wanted to stay in. The staff were fantastic and the trip was one I will always remember. Located in the heart of Brussels, everything is close by. Excellent restaurants and tourist sites on your doorstep, although you must check out the hotel cafe!

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

It’s only 10-15 minutes walk from the central station.
    • Privilege Double Room

Unfortunately, there was renovations being done infront of the hotel. The view was a bit disappointing.

It’s only 10-15 minutes walk from the central station. The decor, was very different. Unlike, most modern hotels. One of the best breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

The bed was very comfy and I was pleased to find that we...

The service on check-in and check-out was a little slow. The staff were very friendly and pleasant, but some people were waiting quite some time for the concierge while we were checking in.

The bed was very comfy and I was pleased to find that we couldn’t hear much noise from the street outside. It was only when some very loud machinery was being used that we could hear anything. We also loved the detailing on the taps, doorknobs, bin and light switches. Those little details make it extra special!

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Location was good

Issues with our door, it should have been fixed before they booked the room out. They didn’t have another room for us to stay in. I would rate this hotel as a 5 star at all, I get that it’s a very historic building but the room we had was grubby, lots of marks on the walls. If you’re going to keep the room dated on purpose at least freshen up the paint work.

Location was good

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

The check in process was horrible.

The check in process was horrible. The room was not ready so we have to wait. The staff just kept saying that it was not her fault but housekeeping 's, she seemed not to realize that what customer hope to see is the problem to be solved rather then knowing who is to be blamed. What's worse, the manage never response my comment letter I had handed in when checking out.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

A good value hotel with character

The room maybe required a little bit of updating but that might be expected of a property this old. The gym was small and had limited equipment; it seems like an afterthought. My room had no natural light (there was a window but if faced a wall).

The communal areas were stunning, and the lift is unique. The bed was comfortable and the air con was perfect; not too strong or loud. Bathroom was large and the room was clean. Desk was a decent size.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Worst hotel I’ve ever been to

What hotel doesn’t provide a kettle in the room? What hotel floor creaks LOUDLY every time you take a step? What hotel puts their safety deposit box on the bottom of the closet so you have to lay down on the floor to use it? What hotel puts their shower rod on the width of the bathtub so whenever you shower you are constantly on the verge of falling over and water always spills everywhere? What hotel has dusty and dirty chandeliers over your bed? What hotel doesn’t come and empty the mini bar even though you told them 3 times? What hotel doesn’t answer the phone 2 days in a row calling at different times? I swear the list goes on and on. Worst hotel I’ve ever been to and I don’t recommend it to anyone.

Location. That is all.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Heritage property, very close to major landmarks like grand...
    • Superior Twin Room

There was construction work inside and outside the hotel going on.

Heritage property, very close to major landmarks like grand palace, the interiors and furnishings are high class, spacious rooms/bathroom, decent breakfast

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

The view from the big window of the room was a surprise, the...
    • Superior Twin Room

The room and facilities were somehow old, not quite as the photos have shown.

The view from the big window of the room was a surprise, the shower had great pressure and nice hot water. The A/C was strong and easily regulable. Enough plugs.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2018

The hotel is a historical renovated building very close to...

On the other hand, it was evident that the rooms need maintenance. The bath door had a hole coved by a tape and needed paint. They ask to hang the towels, but there was no hook. Some chairs were not comfortable when you sit on.

The hotel is a historical renovated building very close to the historical center. The rooms are very spacious and beautifully decorated. The personel is very kind and always there to help us.

We Price Match