Reviews of Hotel Montovani 2 stars

Schouwvegersstraat 11, Historic Centre of Brugge, 8000 Bruges, Belgium

#90 of 101 hotels in Bruges

Clean and cosy rooms with good location and Wi-Fi.
    • Economy Double Room

Breakfast could have had more options but still was efficient and the breakfast terrace was very pretty. Bathroom had a bit of a weird smell and the room didn't have AC so it was quite hot.

Clean and cosy rooms with good location and Wi-Fi.

Great 2 staff, & breakfast, other than that....is really average..dated & old...
    • Large Double Room

THERE ARE STAIRS..... lot of them...really tight so it was super hard to drag big cases up there & more stairs going up to room 25 in the attic. .no lift..no Aircon..just a fan...their is a note that there will be a €30 fine for shoe marks on the bath mat or makeup on the towels...but no tissues in the room!!!!! I found that terribly rude. Awful pillows. The safety deposit box wasn't working. Montovani is nothing more than a glorified hostel. It is a good 15 minute walk from the train station....it is a long walk to the centre of Brugge...maybe 700 meters to the very beginning. Buses run along the main road close to Montovani.

Breakfast & the terrace out the back. ..that's it..there is a reception girl who does everything but the cleaning & was super efficient & a lovely cleaning lady....for 25 rooms.

Would definitely return
    • Large Double Room

Only criticism is the bed was a little hard to sleep on but after a couple of belgium beers that didn't really matter.

Brilliant location, a quick walk away from everything tourist.

Breakfast area is nice, good location and close to the free...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Breakfast choice could be bigger. The hotel looks tired and the top floors need renovation

Breakfast area is nice, good location and close to the free public car park

it was a very convenient hotel with helpful staff.

The only thing was that the coffee making facilities in the 1st floor lounge weren't working properly and when it did there was no milk, sugar, or tea bags for use with the hot water option.

The staff were very helpful. It was a good location.

A good one nights stay in Bruges I did everything I planned to do.

I think the bathroom could have been a bit more modern and I would suggest that the shower and shower head are given a really good clean. I was on the ground floor which was handy for my luggage, however, this meant that as I was at the front of the hotel I had to keep my curtains closed for privacy.

The location of this hotel was ideal from both the train station and the town, and the price was good especially for Bruges. It was a 2* both in the rating given and in the facilities. The breakfast was nice and there were lots of healthy options and the staff were helpful and friendly.

The hotel is within easy reach of the old town and set in a...

The rooms are a little bit shabby. Ours also had a window that we had to open in the 29 degree heat but it was very low with no balustrade (told my six year old to keep well clear, really wouldn't have suited a toddler!). It was a little annoying how the hotel "reserved" the money for the room in my account almost a week before the stay and it wasn't released until 2 days after we had left and I had paid the actual bill.

The hotel is within easy reach of the old town and set in a quiet side street. The staff were very friendly and helpful and provided us with maps and vouchers to make the most of our stay. Breakfast is extra but is a reasonable price compared to the cost of the same in the old town. The rooms were basic but very clean.

Good location, but the facilities are not as expected.

The bathroom was separate from the sink and you have to go through all the room to wash your hands after going to the bathroom. There was no shelf in the bathroom and I had to put my shower staff on the floor under the shower, which is not hygienic at all. I was put in an economy room just because I was traveling solo. The very same room has no photos shown here and all the other rooms seemed way better or they are greatly photoshoped. Other disadvantage is that this room is next to the main entrance on ground floor and whoever was going in at night I was constantly woked up. The breakfast was all the same every day and not exiting at all.

Location was good - near the center, but without the crowds. It was all in all ok. The staff provides with good info about the city on arrival.

The staff were welcoming

The bed was extremely uncomfortable and I was given a room right next to the front door so was woken up every time anyone entered/left the hotel with the door slamming.

The staff were welcoming

Great location, on a walking distance to the heart of Bruges.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Great location, on a walking distance to the heart of Bruges. We arrived when the reception was closed but everything was properly organized and waiting for us. Nice small restaurant for breakfast. Comfort room with modern renovated bathroom. We traveled with two kids 3 and 5 years, and took comfort triple room which was comfortable for us.

In my opinion the reception was not staffed for long enough...

In my opinion the reception was not staffed for long enough each day. I arrived late (the hotel did make suitable provisions for this) and was due to leave early 2 days later. In the middle I had planned a full day of activities but had to amend my schedule to fit in with the reception's opening hours to arrange payment for my room.

No luxury but ok for what you pay

Weird smell at reception. Our rooms were not together as requested (2 floors apart)and we did not get this formation until arrival. Our downstairs room (5) door (not soundproofed) was about 5 feet from reception and was therefore very noisy all day and night as people came in and out.

Great location... 10 minute walk to centre of town. Very friendly receptionist.

The person who is responsible for reception is helpfull,...

Actualy i was expecting better than what i saw in reality. My negative thoughts are for hotel's physical conditions: 1- I stayed in the room at ground floor, just near by the hotel's main door. So this means my conditions are a little bit noisy than the others. 2- I was a little bit disturbed because of damp smell in the room. 3- One side of the bed was subsided. 4- Wifi has to be better. I didnt ask for another room cause as far as i see hotel was fully booked. This hotel was reasonable priced but in any case physical conditions has ro be better.

The person who is responsible for reception is helpfull, cheerful. 10 points to him. I liked the balcony at the back side of the hotel, near by the garden, it was a cozy place. + It takes 15-20 min. to train station by walking. It nice to walk in the city so its ok. By the way 15 min to Markt Square.

Very nice place with friendly staff. A bit out of the centre but walkable and worth the lower price.

The floors made a lot of noise, which we understand is because it's old so it's ok. It was a bit far from the centre. The price of the rooms on the wall at the front were 70 euro per night and we paid more - were told that this was the other season, but then this price shouldn't be listed?

The staff were very nice and friendly. Gluten free bread available was very appreciated. The hotel was very nice and cute.

Very friendly staff, hotel basic but clean, breakfast very limited.
    • Economy Double Room

Property should be classed as a bed & breafast. This was not a hotel. Front door locked after 6pm. We had the full day to spend in Bruges on Sunday but were only allowed to leave our luggage at the hotel until 2pm as the reception was closed after that. We ended up taking an early train back to the airport which cut our last day short. The streets are beautifully cobbled in Bruges, but not ideal for dragging a suitcase around.

Very friendly and helpful staff

Personal and bedroom are very good and comfortable

There are no lift on the hotel and if you go with a family with a children is quite complicate to mannage

Personal and bedroom are very good and comfortable

Easter Getaway

Not really about the property. The girl at reception while we were there although very pleasant couldn’t offer much information about Bruges itself. However we found this the case even when we went to tourist information in the historium in the square and in the train station.

Great shower. great Breakfast. Comfortable beds.

This hotel has a very good location, in a quiet street and...

The narrow stairs to access the upper floors can be a bit tricky if you carry heavy bagagge and/or a baby trolley.

This hotel has a very good location, in a quiet street and around 10 minutes from the city center. The person at the reception desk was friendly and helpful.

Quite comfortable and gave value for money

The location was about halfway between the train station and the main sites which in summer would have been great but in the snow I could have been closer to one and gotten transport to the other. Also, as others mentioned, it was slightly amusing to have the bathroom sink outside and across the room from the bathroom (you have to walk around the bed to get from the bathroom to the sink, at least in room 4). This wasn't a problem though.

The staff were very nice and everything about the hotel was perfect adequate. Nothing to complain about and provided value for money.

Lovely hotel just needs some tlc

There were paintings of naked women in the ‘family room ‘ not appropriate when like us you have young children. The socket in the bathroom was loose from the wall, bathroom door handle was falling off, no tea/coffee facilities in the room.

Staff were lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was great

I had an issue with a lost bag, I could use the...
    • Comfort Triple Room

When we arrived the room was too cold BUT was repaired the day afterwards and they instantly put an electric fire, so a small minus..

I had an issue with a lost bag, I could use the receptionist's computer to make the rerouting request, thanks for that a million...

Grim!

Most things

It's OK for one night. The manager is doing a good job despite having a duff product. I didn't like the place to be perfectly honest, maybe that's because I booked to stay four nights and had to endure it.

The room was clean and check in was easy.

breakfast could use more variety. Towels should be exchanged daily. Pillows are crap so bring your own.

The room was clean and check in was easy. Good location. Comforter on bed is very thick. 10-15 min walk to City Centre.

We did not like anything, it was awful, dirty and the girl...

No body was there when we arrived for check in, only a phone number to call on the bell and since we are foreigners, so we couldn’t call. we had to wait outside for about an hour and it was frizzing. We had to ask the neighbor to help us so she called the number for us and they gave her the code to open the door and also nobody was there to help us. The room was very basic, all furniture old and not clean. The break fast very ugly. Nothing to make us happy, I really don’t understand how they have a such big booking score. I think his friends are voting for him. Never go their

We did not like anything, it was awful, dirty and the girl working right there not helpful at all

Friendly staff, close to town centre, quiet

This Hotel should not come up when searching with 'Parking' as a criterion. This is a fault of Booking.com, not the Hotel. Their parking is 7 minutes walk away in a lay by on the main road and cannot be booked. No kettle and wash basin is in bedroom not bathroom.

Friendly staff, close to town centre, quiet

Walking distance to the city center but far from elaborate or fancy - a practical choice.

The rooms need some renovation, but it's still more than acceptable for a short stay.

It's very close to the sights of Bruges, and it's easy to get in and out off the highway. I would definitely consider it to be within walking distance.

Great staff, basic room suitable for short-stay.

First floor single room near reception/front door, so a bit noisy during the day and when people come in at night time. Bring earplugs and it is not so bad. Odd room layout with shower and toilet in a small room, but vanity with basin/tap on the other side of the room (walking around the bed). But great staff, clean and bed reasonably comfortable. Would suggest they invest in new towels (noted they had a sign about heavy staining, so much be difficult to keep to a good quality). Also, a sign at the front door asking guests to keep the noise down qhen entering at night time could help with the noise levels.

Staff were fabulous, very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was small, but had the usual cereal, fruit, meat/cheese/bread rolls you find at most places.

Excellent value for money and located in great location.
    • Quadruple Room

Noisy when people walking about in the room above or on the stairs.

Excellent location as a short walk to the centre of Brugge. Coffee and coke machine was available in Lounge area. Breakfast included cheese, ham, yoghurt, fruit and choice of bread rolls supplied from Carpe Diem bakery. This hotel is very good value for money and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. No traffic noise in hotel as located on a quiet street.

Would definitely recommend it.

Taulant (the host) was very kind and helpful, he gave us a map and showed us the way to Brugge center which was an only 8-min walk. He also kept our luggage for a couple of hours after checkout and finally gave us a big shopping bag when ours was torn apart. The room was very nice and comfortable, with hot water always available. Breakfast was very decent.

Overall it turned out ok but after an 8 hour drive I don’t need complications when I arrive.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The booking process was misleading. I booked for 2 Adults and 2 Children (I stated 4 and 6 years old). I was given a ‘Triple room’ and had to upgrade at check in to a room for 4 people.

Hotel location. Quiet for families but near town centre.

Good for a short stay

The bed was terribly uncomfortable... the middle part of the bed was dented and the bed spring was weird. Also, since the room I stayed in was on the ground floor and facing the street, I needed to keep the curtain closed, otherwise passerbys can see everything in my room lol Other than that, I was satisfied.

The staff was very nice and always so helpful. I liked the continental breakfast. The room was clean and there was enough space for one person with a large suitcase.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, located in a calm place...
    • Comfort Triple Room

There is no lift so we left our trolley at ground flour

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, located in a calm place with a park near by. Close to city center. Nice rooms.

If you want basic then this is the place. Reasonably clean and comfortable. Location ok
    • Large Double Room

The room was very dusty, toilet was smelly, the breakfast was poor with not a lot of option and running low on everything.

Parking was nearby and staff were friendly. The room was a nice size and had a bath.

Pleasant stay

Check in is after 2pm. We weren't able to come back before 6pm to reception. We got back at 9pm and were unable to get into the hotel. Nobody was answering the intercom. Luckily enough a guest let us in. Upon return to the UK, I received an email giving us the code for the main entry door. Perhaps they could have given us the code when we arrived at 10am to avoid us being on the street until another guest arrived. Internet connections abroad do not always work properly.

Very good value for money. Short walk to the old town. Large room.

Excellent hotel
    • Comfort Triple Room

Very spacious rooms, very clean, breakfast is very nice. We were arriving late, the reception left us all the needed information very clearly to be able to enter the hotel and the room. It is very near to the center, just a 10 mins walk.

Squeaky floors are a nuisance

I did not have an enjoyable stay at Montovani Hotel, and it is rather heartbreaking to write this review. I made the reservation online when nearly all other hotels in Bruges were booked. As other reviewers have written, the front desk is staffed only limited hours. While the young people working at the desk were very nice when I spoke to the them, hotel guests are left, at most hours, to fend for themselves. And I hesitate to call it a hotel, because it has the feel of a rooming house. [A sign in my room threatening steep fine for 'polluted' towels (see attached picture) gave Montovani Hotel the feel of a rooming house.] I asked for a quiet room (I arrived from an international flight and due to jet lag I would be tired at odd hours), and the desk clerk assured me he was assigning me to a quiet room. When I arrived at room 20, I found that the door was immediately at the top of a stairway (with a door that guests constantly opened and closed) and the floor outside the door was very creaky. The room also had a window that looked onto an interior hallway. Unfortunately, the desk clerk did not understand that when guests ask for a quiet room, it is usually to avoid interior noise and noise made by other guests. Needless to say, the room was not quiet. I cannot overstate the nuisance from creaky floors in this hotel (as other reviewers have pointed out): floors, corridors, and stairways are unreinforced before the floorboards, making for very loud and disturbing walking noise. This can easily be fixed by the hotel owners, if they care. Nor was the room warm: it was a cold November day when I arrived, and the heat inside the room was completely turned off, and it took me a while to find the heat and figure out how to turn it on myself. My room was completely unrenovated, looking nothing like the pictures on the website.

Polite and helpful staff.

Pillow way too soft causing neck pain. Air in room is very stale (weird odour) with window unable to be opened (for safety reason, as the window was facing the corridor)

Polite and helpful staff. Spacious room with good lighting.

Great stay
    • Quadruple Room

No breakfast included, or tea/coffee making facilities available.

We were arriving late at night, so the reception arranged for us to pick up keys after the office had closed. Was very easy. They left us a letter explaining the best spot to park, which was helpful.

Great value stay in lovely Bruges

Very difficult to find parking close to the hotel.

Arriving at the hotel was stressful as despite what we read on the site and in other reviews the availability of close parking was zero! We drove around for 30 minutes before settling on a multi storey car park around 10 minutes walk away. This cost €8 for 24 hours. We arrived after 8pm after being held up in traffic so we’re given an access code to get in and our key was on reception waiting for us. The room was spacious and clean. There was some noise outside but this settled down by the time it was ready to sleep. We chose not to eat at the hotel because we wanted to explore, but found that there were very few cafes open serving breakfast and so ended up paying quite a lot more than we wanted and should have gone with the hotel breakfast. Overall we found it to be a basic but clean and friendly hotel. We liked the location in spite of the parking issues.

Good location. Friendly staff. Would definitely stay again.
    • Large Double Room

The place was in need of re-decoration so that there weren't noticeable marks on the walls, tears on the wallpaper etc. and the chairs in the breakfast room needed to be replaced or re-covered, as they were visibly stained.

The hotel staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel is in need of a bit of re-decoration, which would move it up to a 3 or a 4 star hotel. But all in all we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again. It is only a 12 min walk to the old town, which made it very easy to get to and from restaurants and tourist attractions.

Excellent breakfast.

The shower needed a good cleaning. Mildew in some spots. Otherwise everything else was very good.

Excellent breakfast. Good mattress. Comfortable. Within walking distance of the town centre and train station.

A hotel of character but lacking in some basic facilities.

The shower wasn't fixed so it required holding up by hand. The duvet only covered half the bed. There was no one on duty during the evening.

The breakfast room and conservatory leading on to the garden was very airy and created a cheerful opening to the day. The staff were very helpful.

Affordable and nice place to stay within walking distance to everything in Bruges

Water damage on the ceiling.

Super friendly front counter check in staff. Gave us all the information and more on Bruges and surrounding area. Lovely cafe and garden area at the property. Parking was easy, roughly a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Short easy walk to all sights.

Value for money much better than Airbnb based on my experience a day earlier which we regreted

Maybe free breakfast should have been included instead of having to pay for it which was very pricey

Location was great and easily accessible to city centre. Staff was very helpful in showing us where the sights and affordable restaurants are located on the map. Toilet/bath were clean and the beds were comfortable

Do not stay here. We became sick because of so much mold.

There was MOLD everywhere! The walls are paper thin, you can hear every sound from everyone else upstairs, and on the same floor. They claimed to offer parking on booking.com and their website, but there was no parking included. We had to park 1km away on the street. Everything is at least 1km away. Nothing is very close. Everything looked and felt dirty! They need some major renovations. When taking a shower, we had to stop the water after 2 minutes and wait 5 minutes for it to drain or it would overflow.

I liked the breakfast. It was the typical breads, cheese, meat, hard-boiled eggs, coffee, tea, some fruit.

The location was great, only a 10 minute walk to the centre...

The location was great, only a 10 minute walk to the centre of Bruges. There is no long term parking outside the property but free parking was available only a few minutes walk away.

I will not return to this hotel and would not recommend it.

Dirty, smelly room. Lot of noise because the room was on the ground floor next to the main entry. I've heard all the guest coming in and getting out of the Hotel.

Great value for money, a credit to Bruges

My only comment was that the shower in the bathroom did not work properly!

Very friendly staff, comfortable room, excellent breakfast and great location. Will recommend to friends and family and definitely stay there again.

Great staff but lack of sleep and bad shower!

Shower kept flooding so was limited to time you can spend in there, drain probably blocked. Room 5 was right next to reception so every person stopped there for a chat on way to room so didn't get much sleep. Plus ceiling tiles rattle when heavy footed guests are in room above.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

crap. love the city hate that hotel 5th time in Brugge , glad i only booked 1 night there.

the room stank of smoke ( even though it was supposed to be no smoking ) the shower wouldn't alter from scalding , the whole place needs decorating . i certainly wouldn't recommend it . without doubt the worst one i've ever stayed in.

nothing apart from the conservatory .

Excellent location and particularly great hotel for families on a budget.

The bathroom smelt horrible and after being out all day with the windows closed it made the whole room smell really bad. It was clean but it smelt bad - perhaps the drain/pipes or damp/mold?

The location is excellent for the price! Main part of room was clean and spacious. Great for families as the room had a lot of space. Friendly staff. Easy to find. Parking is off-site but there's a few different options, both free and paid, within suitable walking distance.

We always enjoy Brugge but it was just the distance to the Center that spoiled it slightly for me.

being disabled we found it just a little too far from the center of Brugge (an abled bodied person would find the distance to the center of town not a problem), plus the Coffee at breakfast was in a machine on the first floor, needless to say I couldn't get to it!

Great price

Love Brugge my favourite town in Belgium

The staff where lovely and helpful

The breakfast area the only place renovated The room was badly needing a renovation has been touched since the 70 st

Very very disappointing!

I was totally disappointed. The pictures did not represent the real furniture in the room and the bathroom. Also, as another person wrote here - the mattress was so worn out it was horrible. You could not even sit longer than 10 minutes on it before getting back pain. From the bathroom there was coming an urinal smell which also went into the bed room. After telling the staff I got equipped with some room spray - no other actions were taken. The room was located right next to the front door and on groundfloor level. The garbage was put in front of my window overnight. And due to the heavy front door and guests going in an out it was very loud in the room.

The breakfast room was nice. The location of the hotel in walking distance to the city centre.

Lovely home-style hotel

no teapot or fridge in the room (to store baby food), no elevator, so were leaving the stroller on reception

Spacious room, carpet floor (not cold for the kid to run bare feet), clean and fully renovated bathroom. Very close to city center, free parking in 5 min walking distance. Friendly receptionist.

It was a nice, clean, simple place with a decent breakfast. Would use again.
    • Comfort Triple Room

The use of a crib costs 7 extra.

The room was clean, and the bathroom had been recently renovated. They also left a fan in the room, which was appreciated.

Knowing Bruges there are other B&Bs out there you should try...

Sewer smells greeted us. They removed them later. Large note saying don't use towels to clean shoes ( !) instead place them on the towel racks. There were NO towel racks. One bedside table was missing ( was always missing we were told). Bed mattress was at the same time solid and bouncy, one must sleep without moving too much...For a 2 star hotel the charge was excessive. The light in the room was about 6 lumen, best buy a torch to find your way around the room..

Room was large and the bathroom worked fine. Our room ( no 5) in front of the Reception was quiet.

Lovely budget hotel

Only minor things but light in the bedroom stays on low light level all night long and I prefer a dark bedroom. No towel rack in the bathroom. No hair dryer. Only minor things and they didn't really impact my visit.

The staff is the best part of this hotel, they were so friendly and helpful. They couldn't do more for us. Also the breakfast was lovely lots of food and great choices.The hotel is in a great location only 10 mins walk from Brugge centre and 15 mins from train station.

Comfy bed

I didn't have towels in my room when I arrived. I got there at 7pm and the reception was already closed, so I couldn't get access to towels until the next morning. Not ideal.

The bed was incredible.

Good choice to stay in Brugge

The bathroom was renewed however there was a bad smell in the bathroom.

It was closed to the city center. The hotel was very silent. The breakfeast was good: they have great taste of coffee. The staff was very helpful, they offered us good restaurants which we really liked.

Booking.com cheats on money!!!! They took about 300 Euro extra from me!!!

I didn't like how my room looked, first I came in there I got a little bit scared how poor conditions were there, nothing like on the pictures. I was staying right in front of reception and unfortunately I could hear everything through the thin, wooden door. Towels had weird smell, like they were getting dry for too long. They could put some vegetables on the breakfast table. They should put some better lights in the room, after dark was hard to do hardly anything in there. Booking.com took about 300 Euro extra from me! I will never be booking a hotel through this web side!!

Very friendly and helpfull staff. Parking was free and only about 3 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel was about 5-8 minutes walk from the center. Quiet location around the hotel with beautiful park next to the river. Bathroom looked great, the most I liked a lot of space under shower :) Nice small garden, perfect for morning coffe.

Reasonable but nothing exciting about this place

Thought breakfast was very average - not a big choice and seemed to run out of things quite quickly Reception closes after 5pm - not a problem as they give you a key but obviously no one around if you have problems or questions.

Good location within easy walk of main street and markt etc. Parking a bit of a pain but there is a large area of free parking within five minutes walk - you can off load outside. Hotel has a very nice outdoor area which you can sit in any time and have a drink (you can use your own as there is no bar facility).

Beautiful, Friendly and Fantastic Value

Nothing. Everything was wonderful.

Loved the welcome we received upon arrival. Taurant was very helpful and couldn't do enough for us during our stay. The beds were AMAZING. Haven't had such a good nights' sleep in ages, so much so that we overslept on two of the three mornings we were here. We weren't complaining though. The curtains in the room are almost blackout and this helped with the summer solstice still wreaking havoc with night time bed routines. Our bathroom was modern and well equipped. Breakfast was plentiful and served in the beautiful atrium overlooking the garden courtyard. Location was excellent both for access to the old town and for restaurants and a couple of good supermarkets.

clean and comfortable room

free parking area is a public parking zone and 10 minutes by walk. A payment is necessary for street parking in front of hotel there is no air condition in the room and there is no mosquito net at the windows and there is a aerial ladder for emergency exit in front of it.

clean and comfortable room wi-fi

Best place to stay in Brugges!
    • Comfort Triple Room

The host was super kind and made our staying pleasant and joyful. No annecessary cooperation, he was there when we needed. Perfect service! Best you can get in Brugges!

Bathroom was tired,had a cracked sink and the wc lever was loose. Shower and tiles needed a good clean,but functional. Room basic and looked tired. No air con,nor was there a fan available. Although in saying that I didn't check if air con was provided. Parking was not as expected but easy to access,either free away from the hotel or street parking with parking metres 2 euros per hour,alternatively public underground secure parking at 8 euros,5 mins away. Even though hotel is on a side street it is close to a main road,both are busy and with windows open was very noisy. Basic breakfast and not worth the cost. Very expensive 2 star hotel for standard.

Receptionist explained everything on arrival,plenty of leaflets available for local sights.

Basic but reasonably price and overall a nice stay.
    • Quadruple Room

Only window in room was floor to ceiling so couldn't open it with kids around. Very hot weekend so was a tad warm! Room etc all very basic - somewhere between a youth hostel and a travel lodge however the price was very reasonable, the walk into town was short and the breakfast was good.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Helpful to have lounge area outside our room as husband and other child sat there whilst baby went to sleep. Plus another toilet in public area is helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Basic room with few amenities.

Hotel was pretty basic - no lift, steep stairs, no coffee supplies unless you asked for a kettle and had your own coffee pouches. No hair dryer unless you asked for one. Bathroom was nicley renovated but room itself seemed low budget. Manager at desk was helpful. Location was good...short walk to main shopping area.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Nice smell in the room.

It was not a problem, but I think it's worth mentioning here. The toilet is in a different place than the shower. But it was ok - with a sink and everything.

Nice smell in the room. Clean. Amazing garden. Very helpful staff.

nice B&B, close to the centre, breakfast was also good.

nice B&B, close to the centre, breakfast was also good. My room was the first one when you enter the ground floor, a bit small, but it has everything you need.

It is just 10 mins away to the center of Bruges.

Breakfeast

It is just 10 mins away to the center of Bruges. Very authentic and has a beautiful garden. Breakfast is weak but it is OK. Staff is friendly. After 6 they are closing so it is like home 😄 since they give the key of front door it is OK too. I really like the athmosphere if I go to Bruges again I will stay here 👍

Excellent for the price
    • Comfort Triple Room

So close to city center and restaurants, yet very quiet, very nice staff (owner). Arrived at 11 pm, owner sent me e-mail w info on how to enter as front desk closes at 6pm. If u arrive after 6pm and want bottled water, make sure to request to be left in your room. We stayed in 2nd floor, PERFECT

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The bed was comfortable.

The photos shown of this hotel are of modern rooms. Our room was in need of a big renovation to come up to the standard of the photos. There are no tea or coffee facilities, unless you have breakfast there. In the description it states that there is a vending machine. It was nowhere to be found.

The bed was comfortable. The garden was nice.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Comfortable quiet hotel but very near the ancient centre of town

9€ for a continental breakfast is too much on top of the room rate

Excellent quiet location a short 15 minute walk to Brugge centre and yet next to the canal and park with a convenient set of shops 5 minutes away.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Excellent Family Friendly Hotel - parking is a wander...

I specifically booked this hotel as it said parking was available which technically it was but not from the hotel. Parking was in a lay-bys next to one of the roads into Brugges near a park. About a 10 minute walk from the hotel and was nothing to do with the hotel at all. This was no issue but I feel a little misleading when filtering for "has parking"

Hotel was very clean and friendly. Staff exceptionally helpful and polite. Room was nice and hotel was quaint and quiet. Lovely family place to stay. Didn't have breakfast but it looked awesome.

Browse Hotel Montovani traveller photo gallery