Reviews of ibis Styles Hotel Brussels Louise 3 stars

Avenue Louise 212, Elsene / Ixelles, 1050 Brussels, Belgium

#128 of 215 hotels in Brussels

The hotel was extremely broken down and dirty. Room was very dirty and not in working order. Shower was broken and shower door would not fully shut and bathroom towels were dirty before we even used them. Upon changing they were still dirty! We had to get them changed a third time. Breakfast did not have much on offer, pastry was quite stale and appliances were broken or not particularly in good working order. Getting out pieces of bread from the toaster was not easy due to the broken toaster.

The hotel was in a very central area and you could easily access center of Brussels. You have quick access to metro stations and trams and there are many restaurants cafes and supermarkets

I wasn't overly impressed with breakfast --- BUT my biggest complaint would be the lack of air circulation in my room -- -very, very stuffy environment.

Value for the money and location

The lift was very cramped.

Didn't know breakfast was included- Bonus! Staff smiled and were helpful. The light in our room was faulty but immediately fixed!

The room was large but with old and low cost (plastic) furniture. Moreover as soon we have entered the room we felt the smell of mould and old dirty carpet. The elevator is slow and also old. The breakfast is very poor. We have also had frequent problems with the room magnetic cards.

The things what we enjoyed was the bed, the position next to our conference venue and the reception staff. We booked the hotel because we thought IBIS has good hotels but we were terribly wrong.

• Standard Twin Room

Everything was good and comfortable ... i traveled with my parents and we liked our room and the location of the hotel ... the breakfast was not excellent but it was in general ok ...

It is a bit far from city center, the breakfast is very, very poor and low quality, the sink and the shower were clogged. The staff was not helping you, does not salutes...

The size and the comfort of the bed

• Standard Twin Room

The lid of the toilet was broken. The tissues and the soap cream was little.

The staff was helpful and nice. Breakfast was delicious. Is not far from Brussels Center. The room was clean.

• Standard Twin Room

There was a stain on the floor in my room. The employees thought, that stain is from the air conditioning but the air conditioning was in another place. the stain smelled very horrible. We had to pay the hole Price... that wasn't okay.

It didn't take long before the shower would begin to flood and air conditioning was very poor, the room was far too hot.

Very comfortable bed and the tea, coffee and hot chocolate 24/7 was excellent. Good value for money and the staff were very friendly.

Cleanliness not too clean dusty room.. Too noisy our room is just by the lift.. You can hear when the door lift is being open.. Lift is old fashioned.coffee machine in room not needed it is not clean and just a dust collector..too hot air con seems not working.. too expensive for the price of the room..

I like the coffee 24 hour .Good location..not too far from city centre.g

breakfast is a little bit poor you better have some earplugs with you, in case you get a room, which gives to the street (noisy) hairdryer was broken

- staff is very helpful and friendly - bed is very comfortable

For €160 per night I had expected more. Even though the room was clean, it (and the hotel overall) looked very worn out; limited choice for breakfast; I woke up almost all nights of loud noise of water running through pipes in the bathroom. On a more personal note, as hand soap the hotel uses refill bottles attached to the wall which you have to squeeze quite hard and which always makes me wonder how many dirty hands had to squeeze it before...

The location is great; no outside noise noticeable; room felt spacious.

My room was somewhat dark

Friendly and helpful staff; breakfast starts at 6:30 a.m., free tea and coffee are available the whole day, plenty of space in the hall to work or have a small meeting. Fantastic rue de Bailli with bars and cool small shops is nearby.

The lift was quite slow...having only one lift working (at the time when I visited) won't work when there are a lot of visitors. Breakfast is okay, I especially liked the coffee and croissants. But it would have been better if we could have some variety.

Location is the best! Very near the tram and the train stations, shopping centers and restaurants. It's also very near MCE so if you have a conference there, iBis is a very good choice for you. Staff was very nice and it's really pleasant to see them always smiling. They're very accommodating. My room is big and everything was working fine (hot water, TV).

It is a simple hotel with everything that you need. No fuss and easy for business travel. The bed was really comfortable. There is tram stop right across from the hotel and it was easy to get into the city centre for sightseeing and exploring.

Nothing I could think of

This is an excellent value-for-money hotel in one of the reputable areas of Brussels - Avenue Louise. The comforts are standard but basic. Anyway, they are what one may want for a short stay. The hotel is stylishly designed which pleases the eye aand in general has taste for everything including its breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

Probably, it is not so important :) I'd like a fresh air from outside, but I couldn't open the window (due to windows knob removed).

Very good breakfast!

• Standard Twin Room

Croissants, excellent. Food was simple but had wide variety. I think it is thoughtful that water, coffee, tea and hot chocolate was available 24/7. You don't get that these days in hotels.

• Standard Twin Room

You are expected to help yourself with the breakfast and also with your luggage, but for the price you pay I think this is fine.

I paid for a double and got a room with three beds. That was the best part. Services are good also if minimal, but room is kept clean, people at the desk are fully supportive and kind. Breakfast is included at a self-service mode. Plus you may find fresh water and chocolates in your room when you arrive. Fast check-in and check-out procedures.

Some renovation could be needed (old water damage in the ceiling), too hot in the bedroom and quite impossible to handle temperature, the room didnt feel airy and a little suffocating. The water bottle was not replaced after the first night.

The bed was comfy, fresh linen and towels, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was really helpful and nice, and it's open 24/24.

When I entered the room the airco was turning at 17 degrees which was quite cold in a month like January.

I like the breakfast and the beds. The room could be cosier, it's very white and cold feel.

WiFi was terrible and barely working on my phone, breakfast average (not a lot of options)

Location was great, bed comfortable and nice to have a small terrace in the rooms

We didn't have hot water in the first night, the radiator from the bathroom has broken, the hairdryer has broken after I use it once, the toilet seat was very used and has yellow color.

I liked the bed and that we had at reception coffee and tea all the time.

I don't even know where to start. I booked my stay for 5th of december til 10th of december 2017. Me and my fiancée arrived at the hotel 1 day later than expected (6th of december), since we had a problem at the airport and our flight was postponed to the next day, and I e-mailed the hotel explaining the situation (and I can prove it), but the hotel is so badly administrated that somehow they didn't find this e-mail. Arriving at the hotel, we talked to Ming - the host (I guess that was his name) to check us in, but, for everyone's surprise, his included, our reservation made in booking.com seemed to be lost (if you that is reading this, look more at other avaliations, you'll see this happened before at this hotel). He started to get very nervous, because he had no idea what to do with us, since we payed for the stay as soon as we made the reservation four months ago, but the hotel was... Prepare for it. Fully booked. Yes, so we started getting nervous too, in a foreign country, with no roof to stay (regardless paying for it months ago), and without our luggages, because they were lost by the airline at the airport, and only delivered to us the next day. At first, he said he would have to cancel our stay, than I said he couldn't, since we payed and it was non refundable. He understood our situation, and himself didn't want to cancel our stay and kick us out, but that what was his boss wanted to do. He called her, and she said that that was what he had to do, but he didn't, because he knew it was'nt right, and he said that to us, and hung up the phone on her. He got us a room for that night only, saying that "tomorrow will be another day" and maybe we would have to get out of the hotel because it was fully booked. So we barely could sleep that night, wondering about what was going to happen the day after, and still without our luggages.

Comfortable bed, pillow not so much.

Unfortunately during our stay, the heating wasn't working in our room - not great on a -2 degree night! We did inform the staff member on the desk, and she was very unhelpful, other than to tell us that it was a Friday night, so she couldn't call anyone, and there were no spare rooms. We headed out for dinner and enquired on return if anything had been fixed. The lady was again unhelpful, but a man on the desk offered us a small plug-in heater. It didn't exactly warm the room, but took the edge off. We were grateful to this man for his solution!

Great value for money - good breakfast, SUPER comfy bed, good sized room. Location isn't too bad - allow half an hour to get to the CBD. But tram access is 2mins walk from hotel, and services the city.

The Wi-Fi connection was very poor, breaking many times during the evening. Also, sound insulation is not the best.

The location, close to public transport and walking distance of Louise and Flagey.

Staff competent but totally impersonal. Wifi very unreliable. This is totally unacceptable in this type of hotel. I expect some kind of refund.

Good breakfast, comfortable room

Airconditioning was rather laud, hot water in the shower really hot and could not be turned to colder, breakfast ok, but not exceptional.

Location with regard to where I had a meeting, cleanliness.

Rooms at the front of the hotel are very noisy, especially those on the lower floors.

Staff did try to address concerns/problems and changed my room for me. Hotel is very conveniently located for trams to the universities and the city centre.

The room was basic, Ibis style. The bathroom was quite big with a bath tube; unfortunately it was dirty, the bathtub had that grey colour from lack of cleaning... Wi-Fi did not work on two laptops, no chance to connect mine even late night.

Location close to the area where we had visits to do. Big plus for the underground parking (a small one though) although had to ask first at the reception for direction. Nice breakfast with only few things but good orange juice and coffee, and a nice egg boiling device.

The WIFI really did not work in my room but to be fair they had warned me when I chose to go on the top floor.

It was pleasant generally, the location was good.

They need to sort out their hot water shortages. During my two night stay I did not get any hot water for a shower in the morning. My colleagues had the same problem and there seems to be a long standing issue with their warm water capacities to service all the guests.

Its a decent basic hotel with a very comfortable bed.

Cold shower on one day but everything else was absolutely fine.

Very clean room, comfortable bed and friendly staff. Free wifi and 24 hour tea & coffee!

breakfast has no warm dishes. modest quality juice.

clean, quiet, easy reachable; friendly neighborhood; large room, carpeted floor, spacious bathroom; nice lobby and breakfast room; the idea of a hospitality corner.

Breakfast could be slightly improved (variety not big)

Very nice arrangement in the room. Big and clean room, with working space. Good location Free coffee!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Shower curtain not very clean, the air conditioner in our room wasn't working properly

Good location, tram station across the street, big room with comfy bed, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

There is nothing in particular I didn't like. perhaps that it was all very white, which seems to be the trademark of the hotel.

Property is very well located. Breakfast was very ok and the room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Room was far too hot for me. The lighting was rather harsh in the room. The TV had limited options. It was a longer walk from the Metro than I anticipated, and rather expensive for this level of hotel.

Everything worked as it should: Nice hot shower; clean and tidy room; basic but sufficient breakfast; very good with the Internet connection. I rather liked the minimalism of it all.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

we had a broken radiator in the bathroom so it was more of a sauna.

The breakfast included a fair variety of foods to choose from. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfy. Great location, close to the city center.

The hotel was extremely hot, the heating was so strong that even turning it off in the room it remained very warm during all the night. Because of this, sleeping was very uncomfortable.

Clean and cozy hotel

• Standard Twin Room

Could not leave window-door open over night as the emergency stairs pass each floor. WiFi connection rather fair and slow in my room, was better in other places of the hotel

The bed was perfect and comfortable, the room position away from the main street and on 9th floor was really calm, I had a good rest. Excellent location for my meeting, also good surounding with running opportunity to green areas nearby. Good value for money!

The room was extremely hot with no cooling available in "winter period". Had to leave window open, however road noise was too loud for an undisturbed sleep. This issue was voiced but a solution could not be provided

Comfortable bed and good sized room

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The wifi is less than 1,5mb/sec ,the tv has only 7 programs and the breakfast was poor. There is no closet also in the room so you cannot put your clothes.

Very comfortable bed and big bathroom. They clean every day and change the towels.

• Standard Twin Room

The woman at the front desk was incredibly rude. The overall hotel was quite basic and I expected more for the price. The view from the window was terrible. The wifi was weak.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was adequate.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

As soon as I entered the room I wanted to leave it again and did for as long as I could. The room was like an all-white cube (bar the grey carpet) with harsh white plastic or metal cheap furnishings. It was not pleasant to spend anytime in the room at all. It was like a glorified hostel. However, it was clean, the bed was comfortable. and it was very quiet which was great.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

The smell is not really fresh neither in the reception nor in the room. Maybe it is due to the heating system or pipelines. But I suggest this problem to be solved as the smell was very annoying.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I liked the location as it was really close to the bars and restaurants around Flagey. I also found that the room and breakfast was good value for the money. I would stay here again!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

1) I booked (and was charged for) a superior double room (30 sqm) but was given (without being told late in the evening when I arrived) an inferior, standard room (much smaller, no proper place for clothes - just some weak plastic hangers which could not hold my coat which was too heavy for them etc.). The issue was resolved next day, when I complained (otherwise, they would have not addressed the matter) and was given a larger room with proper hangers for clothes etc.. However, the overcharged amount for the first night was never returned (I was asked to complain to booking.com to resolve the matter, as if booking.com assigns the rooms in the hotel to tourists and charges accordingly for the room assigned). 2) Incredibly poor Internet, I had some online assignments to finish and send during my stay at the hotel, it was terribly stressful, Internet on and off continuously, signal was extremely weak, for the whole period of my stay. How much more costly could it be for the hotel to simply have a proper Internet connection? We are in the 21st century in one of the capital cities of Europe! 3) Rather "cold" staff at reception, not showing that they have the motivation and are empowered to solve issues (the overcharge of my room during the first night was left in limbo, "the manager is not here, I cannot do anything, complain to booking.com" etc.). 4) Poor selection of TV channels (no BBC, no CNN, no Bloomberg etc.), leaving tourists (especially the English speaking international ones) not well served with news, international business information etc.. One can watch endless debates in French, focused on domestic issues. 5) Rather unsafe feeling because of the balcony door - in the first room I stayed, the door was leading to a common terrasse (people from next room once just came to watch inside my room (:), or, in the second room I stayed, being accessible directly from the external emergency stairs).

Quite good selection at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Wi-fi is terrible, making it very difficult to work if you need to be connected.

Adequate for cheap accommodation in Brussels. OK breakfast, rooms functional but clean

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

the room was compact and neat, perfect for a single traveller...the bed was perfect. Morning breakfast was spot on, nice neighbourhood...good selection of food, drink and shopping.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Constantly (every 2 seconds) flashing fire senzor on the ceiling in the room during the whole night ...

Comfortable bed and good selection for breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The bathroom was a bit shabby and not as clean as it could be. The public area of the hotel was heated like a snake-house for no obvious reason, almost uncomfortably hot.

It's a value hotel in a good location and the facilities are modern and adequate. Good beds, good facilities and a good breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The room is a bit tired and did not smell very nice. Toilets not very clean, shower head pipe leaking, light bulbs missing in the room. No mini bar or safe. Also would be nice to have a new mini bottle of water every day.

Nice breakfast, Nespresso in room, large room with balcony. Large bed.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Small points really. Internet was a little slow.

it was extremely convenient. It had everything that I needed at a good price and no unnecessary frills.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

On obtaining our room key, had not been in the room for a minute before a maintenance guy came to fix the lock, shook our confidence a little Shower unit not working properly and hand rail over the bath hanging off Bath not cleaned daily

The breakfast was delightful

The water minimum temperature in the shower was too hot and the a/c smelled bad at times.

Great bed and pillows

The shower was lacking pressure and there was no way to set it to a fixed temperature.

Modern design. Comfortable bed.

Air conditioning did not work properly.

Perfect location, very good rate and value for money. Clean, safe. Very good breakfast.

Extremely hot The room, shower uncofortable

Close to The center

Everething was good

I liked a king size comfotable bed! It was very good

Beds are very comfortable

The hairdryer was broken, fortunately I had one with me.

Comfy bed, breakfast with eggs you can boil yourself. Enough variety of food.

Very sparse room with plastic furniture and no kettle, which would be fine, but not at 209 Euros a night!

Very comfortable bed

Wifi

Wifi did not work on my iPhone :-(

• Standard Twin Room

fabric shower curtain, rather tired and scruffy decor.

Problems with heating

My room was loud, as I heard as well the busy street as my neighbours in the next room.

Poor heater in room, not heating enough during winter time with <0 temperatures.

Friendly Staff

• Standard Twin Room

Location was perfect for me.. cleaning room, excellent beds...

Shower sprayed over the glass door so the bathroom floor was wet after showering.

Good value for money, friendly staff, clean rooms

heat in the room did not work cleaness was poor windows did not open properly

coffe all the time

• Standard Twin Room

Comfortable, good value for money, excellent location. Tea, coffee hot-chocolate available all day. Continental breakfast is good.

Blocked sink