Reviews of NH Brussels EU Berlaymont 4 stars

Boulevard Charlemagne 11 - 19, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#110 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Breakfast - not very much at choice, small breakfast room but in the other hand the room nearby was closed and the staff hurried to clean table for new guests all the time and it was even difficult to find free table

Excellent location - EU institutions are nearby, interesting building, comfortable room

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The bad smell of the closet at the bathroom. The curtains were not very clean, there was traces of blood(?) on the reverse side of the curtain.

Excellent location near the Berlaymont building and Schuman metro-train station. The room was very silent as I asked for.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

A longer stay? The WiFi was not always stable and the sauna was in renovation. Extra reason to go back.

Everything: friendly staff, big room looking over green courtyard, free hot and cold drinks in room, little fitness room, comfortable bathroom with bath tub, extensive breakfast, perfect location if you need to be in EU quarter, near parks, many pubs and restaurants around, next to metro and train station.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

They have two elevators but one was bloken. Everytime I pushed the button to go Ground Floor, it didn’t work. The other one was ok. Need to repair. Toilet is really strange looking. My mother hard to sit down.

We only stayed here for two nights but we enjoyed. The room was not small, bed was big. Shower room was quite big. Price was very low when we booked here. Location is not perfect for everyone who want to sightseeing Brussels. It located very quiet place. However metro staion was really close so it’s easy to access anywhere you want to go.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Actualy nothing i can think of

Parking in front of hotel and no cost. Clean room and very good bed, also the free drinks like water and soda was much appriciated.

• Standard Single Room New Style

The price is high because of EU Comission. The room was full of dirty under the bed. Unfortunately, I found it after a week, a few minutes before leave the hotel, when I was looking for a document and find a lot of trash and used personal things from other client. Just disgusting.

The room is confortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Staff is not kind at all, during the check in the lady was not gentle, pretended things that were not specified on Booking.com, and made me really unhappy because of her bad behaviour. Terrible experience.

The hotel in close to the berlaymont.

Reception staff tends to be limited at times of late arrivals (which can be expected, since a lot of flights arrive late in the evening with business travelers)

When rooms go for reasonable price, this hotel is unrivalled for business travel to the EU quarter

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The hotel staff at the reception were quite rude and their English skills were quite poor for a standard 4 star hotel in that area. Additionally we had a small discussion during check out where they made the mistake that we had not paid the room yet although it was paid prior arrival which lead to a higher taxi fee because the taxi was waiting for us due to this discussion. A very unnecessary mistake for a hotel!

The room was quite spacious and clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Excellent location, great value for money. Clean room and very comfortable bed. Complimentary coffee/tea in the room, and bottled water and sodas in the fridge: always appreciated! Breakfast until 12:00 (!) and "Lazy Sunday" option (i.e., late check-in, until 15:00) served me right.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The lady at the reception could have been a bit more friendly.

Comfy and wide bed, clean bathroom and complimentary fresh water in the fridge. Very close to the Metro station and in the middle of the EU district.

• Standard Single Room New Style

- The room was small and dark. - very poor WLAN. - personal at a Reception was unfriendly. - the next day the was no electricity - toiletries in the shower were empt; after I asked for a help, receptionist told me she can't help me.

Perfect Location.

• Standard Single Room New Style

Lovely hotel but in my room the air conditioning didn't appear to be working properly and seemed to be blowing warm air despite my having it on the coolest setting. This meant I had to open the window and listen to all the racket in the street outside! Torn between the devil and the deep blue sea! Would have been nice if they provided a complimentary bottle of water in the room. Also wifi speed was rubbish. I know I booked a single room, but it was a lot smaller than I expected for the price I paid off c. €150 for one night.

Coffee machine was great! Bathroom while small was clean and well laid out. Friendly staff. Good location.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

it is better to have bedside night lamps specially if you to do some work or reading. The room was a bit dark during the night.

Breakfast was amazing. The staff at the restaurant were also very polite and comforting. Nice Location!! The room was also really nice.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

It’s a really good hotel with a great location (5min walk to the metro station) and near from the EU commission. The room was more that I was expecting for the good price.

• Standard Single Room New Style

no replacement of water in fridge which didnt make sense since daily there was new coffee capsules and sparklingwater. does regular water really cost that much more????

pleasant helpful breakfast staff

• Superior Double or Twin Room New Style with Terrace

Moquette everywhere, there was smell in the room. The TV was in a position in which would could not use the remote control for turning it on/off and it wasn't easy to watch for the bed. The lady at the check in desk in the evening was not nice and made me wait although there were only another couple which was been served by her colleague, and without excusing herself for doing other things. I asked for an adaptor, she said I had to pay for it. when I replied that generally NH hotels lend them to clients with a guarantee (ID documents) she gave me one, obviously it did not work! She indicated the stairs to me to reach the elevator to take to go to my room, although I discovered in the morning there was an elevator leading to the second one at the other end of the hotel. In any case there was a lot to walking to do to reach the room given the form of the hotel. Not value for money (I paid more than 250 euros for one night)

The bed was very comfortable, there was a balcony, the room was sufficiently large, the tv screen was large, the lady at the desk in the morning was very nice.

• Standard Single Room New Style

A guarantee fee was provisionally charged on my credit card account at check-in time, the details of which were not provided to me by the staff until I asked for them.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Unfortunately it rained and the guttering near our room wasn't the best so we had a disturbed sleep due to the rain fall.

Property was excellent and easy to reach from the centre via metro..

Expensive bar

Nice & quiet but right near Metro station & lovely French speaking Greek restaurant. Also liked the sandwich/salad vending machine!

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

outside the window, people talking and smoking, affects my sleeping I want to aplly to be membership, but couldn't happen, whatever password I input turns out failed.

staff is very nice and clean lobby, good location every room with Esppresso cafe machine is really impressive and I like it very much.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Staff were a little unfriendly but it could have just been because of how busy they were.

Rooms were spacious and clean, bed is extremely comfortable. Bathroom was perfect no complaints with the room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

There isn’t any slippers. And the air conditioner of the bathroom was open for all night(there is not a switch button for that), it was loudly.

Room was very clean, and lot to far away from city centre.(20-30 min to walk) also there is a metro station, so location is good.

• Standard Single Room New Style

Breakfast is a little expensive at 25 euros so I went outside for a coffee and pastries. I am sure it is a good breakfast, though, for those who want to eat a lot in the morning.

Really comfortable bed and very well-equipped and modern room with strong wifi. The location is great. Excellent value.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Room heater did not work properly. There was a further deposit of €200 which was refundable, which was different from other hotels from Booking.com

Beds were comfy

• Standard Single Room New Style

The change of brand has brought about a certain stinginess that was never there before - for the first time during my numerous stays, I came across breakfast not being included in the normal rate room price, complimentary water seems to be on its way out as well (no longer replenished after the first night). NH toiletries are vastly inferior in their quality compared to the old ones. Also the room only had the "hanger closet" (the one with no shelves) - albeit with no hangers in it.

Everything works smoothly, rooms are clean, location excellent for EU-related working trips.

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast starts a bit late during weekend(7:30), we left early(7:00), could not have breakfast, even we have paid for it.

The location is very good, near a subway, convenient to get to the city centre; Free outdoor parking on weekend; The interior design is trendy, even has a gallery itself;

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Receptionist staff member was not very helpful. All my colleagues, who were staying on the 5th floor, got lost because of poor directions to the lift. Thankfully, a helpful cleaner explained to me how to find the correct elevator to the 5th floor

bed very soft

• Standard Single Room New Style

I didn't like that I have to leave :)

Huge room with huge bed. Spotless clean. Nice and friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. As it was Sunday the check out was until 14h.

• Standard Single Room New Style

Breakfast not included in the price and the breakfast buffé is 25€.

The room is super clean and room service is everyday Spacious bathroom The bed is very comforting

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The noise from the street was really loud at night. Usually hotel rokm are well isolated but not in this case. Also the pillows were really unconfortable, wanted to mention that.

Staff was really helpfull. Excellent breakfast!

None.

Very nice hotel with very friendly staff (especially to Juan at the reception). It is located just beside the EU Commission building and Schuman Metro station that makes it well connected to the city centre. Taxi fare from the city centre is about 12 euros and far cheaper if you are using public transport. Breakfast is superb and until twelve noon on Sundays. Rooms are cleaned every day. We liked it very much and we would stay again if we come back to Brussels.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

We know Brussels well and this was just what we wanted. We were there to see people in the neighborhood and that made it just what we needed. Others might prefer something more historicbut this is very convenient and pleasant.

• Standard Single Room New Style

Had to wait too long to check in and the staff is not trained. They made the room key 3 times, and it was never working. After a long day of work/travelling you don't want to give upstairs/downstairs 3 times not being able to get into the room. At the end they decided to give me a different room but it tooks one hour.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The room lights is a little dark.

The accommodation is extremely clean and quiet. And I arrived much earlier than check-in hour. They accepted my check-in since they got available rooms at that moment. The staff are very friendly.

• Standard Single Room New Style

Getting charged by the bloke about 80 Euros on arrival when I had clear written evidence I had already been paid - a receipt - and being told to relax about it.....got it refunded the next day but didn't need his attitude on arrival. Breakfast - 25 euros - too expensive for a croissant and a coffee.

Great hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

I didn't understand why they charged 50 euro more as prepayment. They said this amount will be given back but I found it is unnecessary..

Location is perfect , and very close to subway. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also very good, with quite options. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The room was an awkward schlep from the lobby. Ceilings were low, creating a cave-like atmosphere in the hallways. I could hear neighbours doors opening and closing - annoying when you are trying to sleep. Room was tiny. Inadequate shower stall allowed water to spray all over bathroom floor. Price of 140euro. Are you kidding me?! I would not stay here again.

• Standard Single Room New Style

They charged me 25 EURO security deposit while check it, but never returned it back. I asked them 2 times, when will they return this amount, they promissed that it will be deposited back to my account within 3 days after I checked out. But they never gave this money back! Just to confirm, I did not use any extra services, did not destroy anything in my room or hotel, there was nothing they could charge me for. But they decided to keep this security deposit for themselves. Very unpleasent situation! I will not selectthis hotel again and do not recommend it only because of this issue.

The hotel and services they provide are very nice. Great value for money they charge.

Reception desk gave me wrong information about the trains. Luckily, I decides to double-check. Since I was leaving eraly in the morning (before breakfast) reception said that they could prepare me take-away breakfast, but in the end they didn`t. I guess, didn`t communicate it to colleagues.

Breakfast was very tasty with a wide range of food to choose from. Super comfortable mattress. Good location.

Breakfast could have a little more options like beans and mushrooms. We couldn't do late check-out due to an event.

Confortable. Near the subway. Clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

It could be a little far from the city centre, but the neighbourhood is very good and safe. Sometimes it will be hard to get a taxi outside the hotel.

Excellent facilities. Very good breakfast. The drinks from the fridge were also included in the final price. The bar serves drinks until midnight and is a cosy place. High quality in the rooms with a good set of TV channels.

Everything was perfect.

Very nice hotel, conveniently located in the European quarter, just a few steps from metro/public transport. Comfortable room with huge bed. Lovely staff. Very good, tasty breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

room service menu could have more variety. sometimes its noisy outside the rooms.

they renovated rooms. changed bed mattresses which are now very comfortable. better pillows. better amenities. nespresso machine was a nice bonus for the room even though i got one of the smaller ones. Best location for EU quarter

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Personnel was not nice and ready to help, i asked for second towel but it was not given to me.

Good room on the upper floor with amasing view to the city

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

Bed sheets were not changed I believe as there was a long hair on the sheets. Staff at front desk was not very helpful as I asked where the parking was that was advertised as "free" and they said look out front but everything was full. There was only one person working and the wait to check-in was nearly 15 minutes.

Only 2 employees were working breakfast in the guest area and several items "out of stock". An individual in street clothes stepped in to help, not sure if he was an employee or not. The 2 employees plus "extra" worked very hard and made it a non-issue.

• Standard Single Room New Style

The formal address of the hotel is rue Charlemagne but anyway the chamber was located in a little back street with lots of cafes and pubs. In addition to a poor acoustic window insulation, it was extra NOISY and I was not able to sleep before 4PM. Moreover, as the entrance door of each chamber is not insulated at all, you can hear every closing door or the conversations of people going out or in their chambre. Other little details like weak wi-fi and empty soap dispenser were quite disappointing for a "4 étoiles"

The staff was polite, the chamber was correct and clean, no more. I enjoyed the possibility to make coffee and tea in the chamber.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The room service didn't "find" the personal items I forgot in the room at checking out (and I returned to the hotel to ask for the forotten items only a few hours after checking out)! Does not help to confidence buliding between clients and hotel personnel!

• Standard Single Room New Style

The receptionists seem to be overworked. They did their best but the lines were long and they forgot to smile. Otherwise, everything was great.

The breakfast area was bright and classy - very well decorated and presented. The choice was plentiful and excellent in quality. The NH makeover of the old Silken Berlaymont seemed seamless. Congratulations. The location is hard to beat if one has business with the EU.

• Standard Single Room New Style

the hotel is very well located at the EU part of Brussels close to train station, metro station and bus station to Brussels airport. well furnished, warm room, clean, nice breakfast, good bed. bathrobe included. close to hotel are restarants and pubs

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The new staff in this hotel is just unprofessional. They don't know much and don't even try to help you. That's the feeling I had. I'm a regular guest in this place, same as many others given its location. The old team was well trained and very client oriented. They would genuinely try and do their best to find a solution for you. The new staff have the attitude "I'm new here, I don't know. Bye!" They advertise for certain services and when I asked for them, they simply said "we don't offer that." Very disappointing for NH's reputation. Not to mention the dirty glasses I found in my room....

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

I arrived very late (after 23:00) and greeted at the reception by a yawing staff. Not very nice.

The location is superb if you have business to do at the EU Quarters. Breakfast is super. I also like the Nespresso machine in the room as well as a kettle and tea bags. A bottled water is provided free.

• Standard Single Room New Style

Check in and check out both took a long time. The guy at the desk spoke really quietly so i had to keep asking him to repeat himself. He was getting visibly annoyed. Also, the restaurant is closed on weekends and Fridays which is ridiculous because the hotel is so far from everything else and it would have been nice to not have to leave the hotel after a long day to get a meal. The bar was open but the guy seemed confused when all I wanted was food and not something to drink.

The bed was comfy and the room smelled really nice. It felt fairly clean

• Standard Single Room New Style

room was extremely small and not very clean. shower was leaking and poor water pressure. Breakfast was very poor - constantly running out of things and staff very unhelpful. Totally disorganised. It was like they were not expecting so many people for breakfast. Second lift was broken for 2 days which meant a very long wait to get to and from your rom.

location only

Central location in the EU quarter in Brussels. Ideal for EU meetings. Comfortable accommodation. Good restaurant and exceptional breakfast offer

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The only thing that did disappointed me is that the spa/swimming pool was out of service. This was one of the reasons I did choose for this hotel so this really hurted.

I have to say that the exceeded my expactations. It was so comfortable. The Television in the room was also really nice, with a large service of channels worldwide. The location is perfect and the parking in front of the hotel is also awesome.

Having purchased bed and breakfast my wife was requested to pay a further €25 for breakfast as we had checked in after 2am. This was due to heavy snow and 4hr flight delay. A supervisor was consulted and his charge was recindered.

Room was excellent with a large comfortable bed.

• Standard Double or Twin Room New Style

The location was very central. The bed was comfy and the coffee machine was a nice touch. I had stayed there before and I would definitely recommend it.

• Standard Single Room New Style

The hotel was clean and comfortable and the single room, although small, came equipped with a good range of amenities. Everything was perfect during my stay!

Only comments I would make are that the Check in on Friday afternoon was slow. Could be speeded up and organised better. The lighting in the room was not good.

The heating in the room was turned off although there were 0 degrees outside.Took me two hours to get to a decent temperature and I was already with a running nose by the time the room was warm enough to allow me to sleep in it . It is quite unsual since I have visited this hotel since 2008 and the main reason I chose it was exactly for this-because it was always warm and cosy. I do not know what exactly changed in their policy since last November(last time when I was there) but I hope they will continue to ensure quality services otherwise I might need to change my location next time I come.

This is porbably the first time when I have nothing to complain for. Maybe, the only small thing - we didn't like that the roomy started cleaning our room while we were having breakfast. Yes, we could leave the "do not disturb" card, but this was something unexpected. Anyway, it is just a small issue and didn't ruined our visit at all.

The venue is brilliant! It is very close to metro station, also close to the wonderful Cinquantenaire‘s park, Royal Palace (and great pub :) ) If using the metro, you will need only up to 10 minutes to get to the city center and Grand Place. The room is spacious enough, and breakfast is really good. Staff is polite and helpful.

• Superior Queen Room

Heating in the room was quite weak. Temperature could be higher.

I really liked free mini bar and silence in the hotel. It has also a very good location. Breakfast is superb as well.

• Standard Single Room New Style

I am extremely disappointed after my stay here. This morning I had a painter walk straight into my room without knocking! My trust in this property is at rock bottom! I have stayed at this property a number of times and this has broken trust with me as a client. There are many other great properties close to this area! I know that renovations are being carried out, but this breakdown in the management of the refurbishment, shows a total disregard for customer privacy. I spoke to the manager this morning and he offered to pay my city tax as a peace offering! He showed very little remorse for the incident and didn’t care about the impact this has on his customer.

Great Location

• Superior Twin Room

We are very critical. Our job to write the truth, only the truth. Congratulation Booking.com! Travellers

We felt as in our house with our friends! You can't wish nothing to them which is impossible. Modern, elegant, fantastic bed, super food.

For the price the staff could have been more solution oriented. But no big issue.

Nice rooms, clean hotel, great breakfast. Close to public transport and close to all major meeting locations.

Stayed over the weekend when the hotel was empty and hence got a very good room rate. This will probably be different during the week. The European Commission is right next to the hotel.

There should be more receptionists at times when everyone is checking out and leaving for their 9am meetings.

Great choice at breakfast, clean room & bathroom, coffee maker in the room, good price (for Brussels)

The room was slightly on the colder side even with maximum heating for my taste, allthough I arrived late so it might have been better if I would have been able to start it earlier.

The beds were exchanged since I last was here a couple of years ago, also were the carpets in room. This has greatly improved to the interior of the room and comfort of sleep. Great breakfast.

People at the reception are not smiling, neither helpful.

The bed was really comfortable, breakfast is wonderful, and the hotel offers you a nespresso coffee maker, in addition to the usual boiler. Moreover, you can drink water and a couple of fresh drinks freely from the minibar. Check out is quick

The bed was quite hard, the mattress was very thin and the sheet kept moving on the mattress. The bathroom is tiny and when getting out of the bath tub, I hurt my leg on the wash stand. Also the shower head is saving water so much that there is almost no water pressure. The tap in the washing basin is placed too far from the edge, so you can't avoid touching the basin when washing your hands. Be careful when entering the hotel, as you may stumble on the step to the revolving door and also when entering the elevator on the ground floor. There should be a warning, it is quite unexpected that the passage between the hall and the elevator should be so uneven.

Location is excellent for EU institutions. Breakfast was exceptionally good. Room was clean and quiet. Close to public transport, many restaurants in the area, also possible to walk through quiet streets.

Twice we asked to give us soap to bathroom. In the first day they came too late, in the next day in the evening there was no soap still.

Great Breakfast.

The fact that you have to walk about 20-30 minutes to the Grand Place. But you can always use the metro. Also the spa was closed for renovation but we could use the gym for free.

The hotel was close to the European Commission. Metro and train station nearby. The breakfast was excellent! The mini bar was for free, with water, Coca Cola, ice tea, coffee and tea. There was a Nespresso machine in the room. Also there were towels, bath robes and slippers. It was a beautiful hotel overall for a very good price.

The hotel should have a business station. Public PCs are a necessity these days.

Extremely quick and easy check-in & check-out. Excellent toiletries, comfortable sleepers and soft bathrobe. Comfortable bed. A very convenient location in a beautiful quite neighborhood, next to the impressive E.U. buildings (Berlaymont) . Excellent breakfast with a variety of products, fresh & well-cooked.

The way to the parking area is very narrow and there is only one way to go in and out. The hallway color to the rooms (combination of deep green and brown) creates feeling of loneliness and the rooms lacked lighting. The elevator and even the rooms (we had three rooms) are dusty.

The staffs are very accommodating. I like their restaurant and they offered good breakfast. It has a nice gallery at the ground floor.

Browse NH Brussels EU Berlaymont traveller photo gallery