Reviews of NH Collection Brussels Centre 4 stars

Boulevard Adolphe Max 7, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#31 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hotel had a large group so the only restaurant and bar and rooftop was closed for all other customers. Can you believe that ? What hotel does that !! Have to leave hotel for everything. And they dont offer you a few dollars off for the inconvenience. Ridiculous! !!!! Offered room service....gee, thanks

Great location and attractive environment

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Well, it's a bit more expensive than an average hotel in Brussels, I guess, but it's totally worth it. At the moment of my stay (early June 2018) there were works going on in the surroundings and the area looked a bit lame...Yet, not the responsibility of the hotel, of course!

Quite everything perfect: nice, spacious, clean and quiet room, excellent wifi and in-room service, delicious and varied breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. Very hard to find a flaw to this hotel.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Possibly because of the ongoing construction outside the hotel, the carpets in the lobby were very dirty and loose. Not a great first impression but the rooms themselves were fine.

Very nice hotel. The room was both clean and comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was small but very new and clean. We also didn't enjoy waiting in a line to check out when all the procedure in the end was to return the key and say that we hadn't used the mini bar - but we were denied that quick option when I asked before stepping in line((( I understand people are busy but there must be another way to just waiting 20 mins for that...

We loved the tidiness, the breakfast on a nice terrace and friendly stuff who also gave us good recommendations on where to dine that night.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was just perfect.

We had to cancel another hotel and had to find a new hotel to stay in Brussels for 5 days. We were glad to have found a lovely hotel, the NH Collection City Centre. We felt very welcomed at the moment we checked in. The room was huge, wood floor, safe, fridge, espresso machine, tea maker and iron upon request. The bathroom had shower and separated bathtub with good quality toiletries. It even had conditioner that I really appreciated. The breakfast was served in a gorgeous terrace with the city view. It had a huge selection of cold and hot food, so many things to choose from. Different cheese, eggs, salmon, pies, quiche, breads, fresh fruits and I loved to have fresh blueberries and raspberries. Perfect location. It was very close to rue Nueve with all the shopping, 10 minutes to St Catherine with so many good restaurants, and 15 minutes to Grand Place, the Cathedral, Palace Royal the Magritte Museum and the Central station. There is a Burger restaurant connected to the hotel and we loved the different burgers offered in the menu. We really enjoyed our stay and we highly recommend this hotel.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

I can't think of anything!

The hotel is in a very convenient location in the centre of Brussels. The room was a lot more spacious than I was expecting so that was great. Staff were friendly and welcoming. The air con was particularly welcome during the hot and humid weather. I would stay here again next time I'm in Brussels.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very poor facilities other than rooms. Good breakfast though expensive. Small bar and eating area - closed early and not very welcoming or comfortable. Couldn't really get anywhere without electronic cards - even to the toilets - and of course they rarely worked - which is always irritating.

Very standard hotel really. Though they gave me a little gift when I said it was my birthday, which was sweet - slightly spoiled when he asked me to make a recommendation for them on a travel website.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Nah, it was close to perfect... :-)

Rooftop breakfast was great! Wide offering, you could dine for hours! Cozy hotel in great location to reach the old town. Lazy checkout Sunday is a great thing. :-)

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect central location.The rooms were clean.Good quality for a fair price.The big surprise was the breakfast,amazing variety for a decent price.Everything was thought to the last detail.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

the outside environment is under construction which made me not easy to get to the hotel when I'm in Brussels

the room is big and there's a window which could be fully opened. Can smell fresh air in the Spring season. that's really nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff were really friendly. Rooms were very clean, pretty. There was a kettle and coffee maker which were very welcome. The top floor breakfast room has a lovely view and the later breakfast hours on a Sunday were welcome. Breakfast itself was very nice and lovely selection of cold and hot foods. The hotel is conveniently located three or four tram stops from the eurostar station. Thanks everyone!

• Suite with Extra Bed

This does not apply to the hotel itself but I parked my car on the street just outside the hotel and my car was broken into. I was only staying for one night so I didn't think I needed to go to the garage as I was leaving very early in the morning. ADVICE: Definitely use the parking garage!

Room was great. Hotel was great. Restaurant was great. Staff was very friendly.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The lobby and furniture was ugly and uncomfortable. The front lobby and especially our room were stripped of any original old architecture, and replaced with cheap ugly materials. The location was a bit out of the way, and the street construction made the street unpleasant.

Breakfast was very good, as was breakfast room. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The bathroom was lovely and well stocked.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff didn't meet simple requests. Wake up call 25 minutes late. Taxi requested to be booked to train station - failed to do so despite TWO requests.

Excellent location, Excellent breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The windows and some installations looked a bit old. We had to switch off the mini bar at night because it was very noisy and was right by the bed. Some times the corridors were a bit noisy too because our room was in front of the elevators. The TV HDMI didn't work, so we couldn't use it. We couldn't do the check out online, we had paid everything through Booking, including the city taxes, and they didn't have that information at the desk, so I recommend to check that before doing the check out online.

Perfect location, 10 minutes walking from the Central Station, and in the heart of the city center. The room was quite clean, good size, the bed was very comfortable, it had a good wardrobe. The staff was really nice, and they speak several languages. There are a lot of shops, restaurants and pubs nearby. We could walk to visit everything we had planned.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We have stayed at this hotel several times, and always have a great experience.Highly recommend the breakfast bar. The food and the view are both very good. When friends and family come to visit we stay here because of the proximity to the shops, restaurants, Grand Palace and the subway. The subway is right across the street which makes getting to mini Europe and Atonium. Highly recommended.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Constructions going on outside the hotel so a bit messy area but nothing that disturbes. Unexpected finish of breakfast, a couple of minutes after finish everything went to the kitchen despite a lot of people still having their breakfast. Staff could be more helpful at reception for example ask if help is needed with public transports or give out maps of the city.

Good location and big rooms. Close to most things and metro close by. Nice breakfast with lot of selections.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room: The matrasses are super comfortable. Bathroom very well equipped. Breakfast: The breakfast room is lovely, great vieuw. Good coffee, a great selection of food. Loved it all.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Pilows, construction around hotel and the fact no one told us abou it, we didn’t have shower cabin only bath tub , Strong air freshener smell in a lobby..

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Gym only opens at 8am. What use is that to anyone wanting to start work at 9am?! It’s also a public gym but that didn’t bother me so much- it was at least well equipped. Also the beautiful roof terrace in the photos is only open at breakfast time- not when you actually want to sit out in the afternoon/ evening. Given these were the two reasons I chose this hotel, I was very disappointed.

Breakfast was good. Room was fine.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Street noise very loud early in early morning( around 7 am, truck and metal banging noise). Also very loud music and people noise in the afternoon & evening. Need better soundproofing on windows.

Staff outstanding. They very welcoming, professional and helpful. Hotel very nice and comfortable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not like how I could hear the neighbours banging their door every night afger 22:00. The bathroom needs an update, the shower head especially.

Location was good for my purposes. It’s 3 minutes from the main shopping street, approx. 15 from Grand-Place. Most of the staff was really friendly and helpful and cheerful. The bed was comfortable, and the room was big enough.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is excellent, in the center of the city. A few steps from one of the most lively streets in Brussels. Everything is within walking distance. The breakfast is delicious and the staff is very helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

This hotel was simply amazing . The staff were friendly and went above expectations to be helpful . I travel a lot and this was about the best service I have ever had. 100%

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff was very polite and helpful, always with a smile. Breakfast was very good, and at a high floor, which allows for nice city views. Coffee machine and electric kettle at the room are a great convenience.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I really loved it was perfect and easy to find and the staff was warm welcoming, I wanted a late checkout and that was arranged perfectly by the front desk staff.

• Suite with Extra Bed

Again, I guess it's recent trend for hotel industry...they want customers to get advanced rapid Wi-Fi services, so that Free Wi-Fi is deliberately slow....That's obvious...but I don't like the strategic way. We don't wanna pay for additional cost. Please make Free WiFi faster and don't create the rank of service.

Very good location, it's really close to main tourist places and metro station. So very easy to get the way from Brussels- Midi station. So I will recommend someone who use Eurostar to choose here, in particular.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Location was excellent. Within walking distance of all city Center attractions. Bedrooms were as advertised. Spacious, clean and very comfortable beds. Even though it was in such a central busy location there was no noise coming up from the street level. Staff were friendly, polite, courteous and helpful.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant had a rather limited range of meals on the menu considering the size of the hotel but the quality looked good and the bar area was small. The majority of people appeared to eat out at local restaurants.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent with a wide range of options, including eggs cooked to order. Got a free room up grade and a free drink at the bar. All areas of the hotel were clean and well maintained.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I got a good price (special offer), but normally it seems pricey. I missed having a complementary water bottle in the room. Most hotels now provide that. There were water bottles at the entrance of the gym, so that was ok, but it would have been nice to have one at the room.

I love the fact that is connected to a full Gym. So gym facilities are better than any other hotel I have stayed in Brussels (and I stayed in quite a few!). Super friendly staff. Very clean. Toilet treats are nice (nice having hand cream also!). I liked the style. Comfortable bed and a spacious room. Nice bathroom with a good shower.

towels - very hard. Please invest in thick, fluffy ones! Also, an iron and an ironing board would be great

The excellent hairdryer, comfortable pillows

I wasn’t aware I had to pay a deposit upon arrival - as I had prepaid - so it was a good job I had just been paid!

Shower, view and facilities of my single room were much more than I expected.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The temperature in the room was really cold even after selecting the max of the heating and I've found a towel not clean in the bathroom. And you can clearly hear noise from the street during the night.

The room is very nice the staff was really kind and I appreciate also the breakfast and the dinner in the burger grill

• Superior Double or Twin Room

It was one of the coldest days this year in Brussels. With the AC heat on the max in the room, it was still cold.

Excellent staff. Professional, very attentive and very polite.

• Suite with Extra Bed

Shelves or extra pegs in the bedroom and hallway as there was no closet or storage for clothes and we had had to to go to living room

Breakfast is just amazing. the best I ever had in any luxury hotel. Smoothies, fresh juices, a wide variety of high products such as huge blueberries, sweet and salty food among which some typical Belgium staples, not to forget gluten free products for those concerned

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Strange musty citrus smell in corridors. Bar was a bit small. Would have preferred a more varied restaurant, not so keen on burgers, although they are quite good. Building work all around the area (albeit we didn't hear anything despite it being on our doorstep).

We had an internally facing room on the 8th Floor which was really quiet. Large room, comfy bed, nespresso machine. Bathroom with fulltime size bath And shower. Good quality toiletries and large towels. Nice breakfast buffet with plenty of choices. 10 minute walk to Grand Place and a good location for shopping.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

We received such a warm welcome on arrival (special thanks to Javier although all the staff we encountered throughout our stay, both on Reception and in the breakfast room were incredibly friendly and helpful), our room was spacious, very clean and warm, the breakfast was fabulous and it was so easy to walk into the main centre whilst being not quite as busy as the Grand Place itself - perfect location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast really is too expensive for what it is. Room felt really quite hot.

Been going to this place one weekend a year since forever by now, we'll stick to it. Location is convenient, rooms are good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room noisy if on the outside of the hotel but changed rooms to interior room, very quiet. Near main shopping centre so bit busy and commercial.

Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast excellent. Clean warm room, modern design. Location is 5 mins from metro, good link to Eurostar and Centre. 10 mins walk to Grand Place.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

One side of the hotel ends up next to a very popular street and of course there's people shouting in the street, you might not hear the sound, but it depends how sensitive to sound you are. Breakfast options in the buffet could be improved for those of us that are not fans of continental breakfast.

I booked this hotel the first time by mistake, after the first experience I have decided that I would stay there if I could when traveling for FOSDEM, since the confort of the beds offer what I need after a tiring a tiring day of conference and talking, walking and meeting people. If you like food, the breakfast will give you a good variety (And the bread is awesome!). The staff will be helpful and always ready to help you with your requests, it's not the cheapest option but it's totally worth what you pay for!.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a bit too big and the rest of the room a bit too small.

There is a well equipped gym in the hotel. If only it opened earlier, so that we could work out before breakfast... Still better than the standard fitness room that most hotels have. The breakfast and coffee were very good, the lounge was also nice.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Room thermostat set to 25 Celsius, it was super hot when we entered the room and we could not cool it down even with the window open.

Spacious room, both bath and shower available.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Bath could do with sprucing up, but that’s me being fussy!

Friendly staff throughout, welcoming lobby, modern rooms and facilities. My friends were staying at the 5* Metropole, but had to come over to our hotel for drinks as their bar was closed and their promised parking was unavailable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

All in all, started from check in process, the reception helped me to solve an issue in reservation, and upgraded it in few seconds. everybody was smiling and make you feel at home, we really enjoyed our stay and think to repeat it in summer. Thanks for the amazing team.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Hard mattresses are always an issue for a woman. They don't support your body and this in my case puts an extra demand on pillows that didn't work this time with the mattress. Woke up with a headache.

Cleaniness, room was really calm and the overall atmosphere at the hotel very nice. Very good breakfast buffet.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was amazing! Super helpful and friendly, they really saved our experience of Brussels. Breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I've ever had. The hotel was also in a great location and very close to shopping.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1. There was cold stone floor in our room. It would be nice to cover it with carpet or to provide slippers in the room. 2. Noise from the street was quite loud sometimes. The windows do not protect from it.

1. Very nice and amicable people!!! They checked us in way before due time, every question was resolved in no time, everything very quick and efficient and so kind. Thank You so much for that. 2. Comfortable room. 6(!) pillows for two people. Lots of electric sockets. Large full-height mirror. Well-equipped bathroom. 3. Good breakfast: fruit, pastry, vegetables, egg dishes, meet and cheese plates. 4. Excellent Wi-Fi connection.

Failed to issue prior notice of the major roadworks going on at the front of the hotel. Lighting in room could be a little brighter.

Lovely like a boutique hotel. Good central location for the christmas markets. Friendly festive staff.

• Suite

Upon arrival the hotel asked to take our luggage whilst we waited for our room to be ready, they said it would take 2 hours so we could go shopping whilst we waited. When getting back to the hotel, we asked for the key and our luggage. At this point the receptionist walked away to supposedly "get our luggage" but she came back with a man saying who informed us that our room was non existent (we booked the room 3 months in advance). They offered us a DOWNGRADE and that was it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The service was amazing.The employees were very friendly. We asked to have a better room, were changed to a room with a nice view. We also traveled with our dog and they were accommodating. The location was also very practical since it’s close to all the shops and restaurants and tourist attractions.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel breakfast was pricey and staff were not as cheerful and responsive as the front desk staff. This level of breakfast is usually complementary in Europe & Scandinavia hotels. The bed was just firm enough to be uncomfortable. Tub/shower narrow & very slippery.

The front desk staff were superb - polite, cheerful, and helpful. The Burger Bistro staff were the same - what a great adjoining restaurant! The Christmas decor and overall cleanliness was great. Rooms were nice. Great soap and lotion products. Six fluffy pillows! Location near the Christmas markets, activities, and train station was great.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

They have really good breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice and healthy smoothies. The bed is very cozy. The hotel is also near many tourist attractions, you don’t need to ride the taxi anymore. It is actually less than 1km walk from Brussels Central.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We had a room facing the side street with a late-night snack joint. Quite a few horn blasts from cars that I suspect were frequenting the snack place through the night that woke us up. I suggest getting a room on a higher floor if possible.

Clean, comfortable, modern rooms. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The bedroom floors were wooden and no rugs - not so cosy in winter.

Good friendly staff. Breakfast very good and a lot of choice. Very good bathroom products. Quiet room at the rear of hotel but street quiet too due to (current) closure for some major works. Location good for shops (2 mins); historic quarter and Grand Place of Brussels (10 mins); Christmas Market (10 mins). About 20 mins taxi ride from Gare du Midi.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

For the price, I would have liked the towels to be a bit fluffier.

Breakfast was excellent, but it needed to be for the price. Beds were really comfy. Very handy for the city centre and the metro.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I wasn't a big fan of the double bed, booking online I didn't really know that was what I was getting, so it was a little bit of a shock when I got to the room.

The hotel has a great location for tourists, as it is walking distance from major attractions in Brussels. It is about a 10 minutes walk to La Grande Place, and it is just around the corner from a street full of different stores.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival and after a long journey, it took 15 minutes to complete the check in procedure whereby a had to complete a paper with my name and address. Why?? After completion I was assigned a room. When I got in I realised I was in somebody else's room. I immediately called the reception staff who told me to stay there and they would come with a new key. After more than ten minutes of waiting in the corridor nobody came so I decided to go to the reception myself. Nobody apologised, nobody showed a sign of remorse. Completely unacceptable.

The location is OK.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Lengthy wait for a taxi after ordering from reception

Very helpful staff who sorted out an extra night's stay as we were delayed in Brussels for two days due to snow and flight cancellations

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is too expensive.

Hotel is nice, modern and clean. The location is good - close to Rogier where expert meetings goes and to center to have a sightseen. Room was quite small but well furnished. Breakfast is good, but too expensive. If you prefer double bed - call in advance and ask - provided in the case of availability only.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The location is good , very small room , small bed , even I'm genius in Booking they give me one hr more to check out and they said if u want stay extra hr pay 30 euro extra

Location only

The staff are incredibly friendly. But I was a little désappointed with a lack of competence. I arrived late on Friday night and the lady (very friendly) spent about 10 minutes trying to find my booking. At first she said she could none, which obviously was extremely distressing so late at night! Eventually she found it and then she told me I hadn’t pre-paid for my room which I thought to be wrong. The next day I checked my bank account, and saw that the money went out in September, and showed my bank statement to a Spaniard (again very friendly) who managed to resolve the issue. But had I not been able to do this I could well have paid twice, which I don’t think is acceptable.

It’s a wonderfully clean place with a good ambiance. It’s also well protected which is why I like it, as you need your room key to use the lifts, meaning unwanted journalists can’t knock at your door.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I called the in-room dinning a number of times, but was never answered. It was raining that night and I had to dine out :)

Great location within walking distance to the Grand Place and its surroundings. The room itself was bigger than what I'm used to see in cities like Paris or Amsterdam, Very helpfull staff who constantly offer their help and support.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very comfortable room with lovely pillows! Bathroom big and loved the big, thick bath towels. Location is perfect.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Mini bar and breakfast was pricy so we gave it a miss

Nice and friendly staff, especially Fernando and Javier were extra helpful and chatty. We arrived early and were able to leave the luggage in a storage room and come back later when room was ready. Location was ideal! Room bright, modern and very clean with comfortable large bed. Free gym access but we didn't try it in the end, lazy Sunday late check out possible, at 3 pm or even 5 pm on request.

The staff is very non-professional (eg i had problems checking in - they gave me the wrong room and upon the check out i had problems with making the correct invoice) - these were not the only problems with the staff at the reception desk .

The hotel is located in the very city centre which is good.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

There was no decoration in the room, some carpet/cushion/photo/painting would have been nice. Tea& coffeemaker is in the wardrobe, it it looks perhaps better, but not a practical solution.Very limited tea selection and coffee capsules. You can hear everything from the corridor. They lock 50 euro deposit, which is ok, but would have been nice to know in advance.

It was OK for a short business trip. Comfy bed, loads of cushions. Toiletries were a real treat, I also loved the bathroom. My room overlooked to a sidestreet, which was ok, except for street cleaning cars, the ones looking to the courtyard could be even more silent.The lobby looks gorgious.

There wasn't anything

Central location, staff friendly and helpful, very comfy beds and spotlessly clean we would return if we were to go to Brussels again.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Service was impeccable. Room was super comfy... Bed and pillows were great! Breakfast delicious! Lots of healthy options. Location was super. Great recommendation for a fish restaurant by reception!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

1st room (at the 1st floor) was very cold and the heating system not working at all. The receptionist accepted to change to a new one that was better.

Very good location, the room had a good size , the bed was comfortable, bath amenities all right.

Trying to submit an additional request (extra bed) had to be done via booking.com and took 3-4 emails back and forth to make this happen. The hotel staff did reply within a few hours but still the process via booking.com was inconvenient.

Amazing breakfast area on the 9th floor! Very spacious bathroom Very nice lobby Cosy restaurant-bar

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The sink was damaged which made it look dirty. There was alot of activity outside in the middle of the night which we could hear in our room, so the windows were quite thin. The hallway smelled of smoke, but our room didn't, which was more important.

The room was very comfortable and spacious for two female friends travelling for the weekend. The twin beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was really big. We loved the full length mirror in the bedroom and the large mirror in the bathroom. The closet was big enough and i like hotels that provide an easy to use safe. The staff was friendly and kept our bags for the day after checking out.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

As a general comment, breakfast is alwats too expensive, at hotels. I understand a full buffet may be costly, but hotels may wish to consider offering a cheaper and quicker version of breakfast.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The cost of breakfast was really expensive. In Brussels we found there were not many places that did an all day breakfast/ brunch except if you wanted pastries. We searched around and at last found a few places as we didn’t want to pay for the breakfast charged by the hotel.

We stayed in a superior room for two nights. The room was of great size, really comfy bed and pillows. The bathroom was also really big for a standard sized room, it had both a shower and bath. The hotel was excellent and check in was also easy and the staff were very friendly.

There was no slipper

Staff is very kind. Location is good. You can walk many places by walk. Cleaning is ok. 24 hour you can find something to eat. There are coffee machine and water heater. Breakfast was not included so I have no comment. Inside of building designed contemporary, outside is saved like old. I like it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was ok. It had lots of things to choose from but the bread wasn't good.

It was in the centre of Brussels, close to shopping and lots of things you want to see.

Browse NH Collection Brussels Centre traveller photo gallery