Reviews of Novotel Brussels Airport 3 stars

Leonardo Da Vincilaan 25, 1831 Diegem, Belgium

#4 of 13 hotels in Diegem

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

- Staff was very slow in the restaurant during dinner, both while taking the order and also preparing it. - Rooms are a bid old. - Bathroom and toilet are separated with the bathroom being very close to the bed in an uncomfortable way.

- Very close to the airport if you're looking for that - Quite neighborhood, perfect for a walk and just relaxing - Some good bars and restaurants about 10-15mins walking distance - Quick check out - Free airport shuttle with a selective and punctual schedule

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

Nothing really with the hotel but to arrive there was difficult. From the side we came in there was just a tiny signal in a very awkward exit to go to the road where the address is indicated, however it is probably easier to get there in it's crossroads (the roundabout in front of the hotel) better to check in advance the roadworks as a lot of streets were closed.

The comfort and quality of the hotel. The breakfast although a bit expensive quite good, large selection of hot and cold items. There is nothing walking distance so car is a must, it has a paying parking, a bit expensive though. Very close to the airport. Everything very clean, and comfortable. The room had a small fridge with complementary water and coffee/tea making tray.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Very nice hotel with a free shuttle service to and from the airport. There is a restaurant and a nice bar with a terrace. State of the art rooms with a bath, a fridge and coffee and tea making facilities. Quick check-in and check-out. Interesting prices during the weekends when there are less business guests. There is a bus to and from Brussels North train station.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

This hotel is about convenience. You will be at the airport in less than 10 minutes and they provide you with a shuttle service every hour starting at 5 am. We spent the night as we had driven from Luxembourg to catch our flight from Brussels, therefore it was a quick night.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Airport shuttle operates only until 11 pm. On the way back to airport it got full so the guy who appeared the last minute was left out of the shuttle

Great price-quality ratio near the airport with free airport shuttle

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

I booked a room for 4 people but was provided with only two towels. Breakfast very expensive.

The room was spacious enough for the 4 of us. Very clean and quiet. Good WiFi. Shuttle bus to airport very convenient. Good value for money during the weekend.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

The room was small to have two extra single beds rolled in. I thought we were getting a two queen bed room but that was not the case. The hallway looked liked it needed some touch up work on paint and door frames.

They were great to the kids. Little playground in the courtyard, things in the lobby, and the staff provided little toys/coloring pages as well. Well done.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

There is a lack of food around the hotel and the food in the hotel is overpriced, 18 euros for a burger.

The location near the airport is convenient and shuttles run consistently to the airport. We needed to leave the hotel at 4 am and the staff set up a shuttle for us at that time free of charge.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Very good for an airport hotel, the room was unexpectedly big, location quite nice, quiet and green. Really good value for money. Btw, compliment small bottle of water is in the room.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

I had to wait about 1hr in the airport for the shuttle to pick me up, and I have made 4-5 calls to the hotel; everytime I was told the shuttle is there already or it's coming... but it took a very long time to wait.

the checkin process went rather quickly, the room was ok and the morning shuttle to airport was in time.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Everything was great, exept one of the recepcionist told us when we were checking-in that breakfast was included for the price of the room, but it was not, so when my girlfrind and i checked-out, they charged us about 35 extra euros.

Overall it is a great hotel.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Some rooms are facing the noisy highway.

Very comfortable beds and friendly staff. Good breakfast buffet with a wide selection of healthy foods and drinks. Free airport transfer.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Not enough staff in the restaurant. We had to wait an hour for dinner and didn't start eating until about 10.30 at night. The restaurant had obviously been very busy as none of the tables had been cleared, there was one girl who had to deal with clearing the tables, customers wanting to pay, customers wanting to eat, and delivering pizzas to people on the 4th floor.

Lovely food in the restaurant, great breakfast, great location. Good shuttle service.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

If you have flight connections at Brussels- this is the place to stay. Free, Reliable and frequent airport shuttle; very comfortable and quiet room; lots of fresh food on the breakfast buffet included in room price. We arrived late and needed a bite to eat- restaurant was very busy (and on the expensive side - 18 euro for a burger) , so we walk 10 mins to a little town center and found several eating selections. We settle on Montenegro food - can’t remember the name, but it was perfect for the travel-weary !!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The breakfast was very expensive, so I skipped it. The airport shuttle driver in the morning had disappeared. We had to go to the desk to request a driver and we left with some 10 minutes delay.

Free shuttle between the airport and the hotel. Nice and comfortable room.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

My security deposit is not yet reverted as of today. This is very disappointing that after so many follow ups I am not getting my money back of 150 Euro

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The location itself is quite secluded and there are virtually no restaurants nearby.

Clean and functional property very close to the Abbott office. Easy access to City Centre and Downtown Brussels.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Nothing for the purpose of the stay.

It was to stay one night before taking an early flight in the morning for which the hotel met my our expectation. There is a shuttle every 20 mins from the airport and it takes 5-10 minutes to reach the hotel. We didn't take the breakfast and cannot comment on that.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Very close to airport; clean, comfortable rooms; clean/comfortable bathroom; bed was comfortable; rooms were very quiet and allowed for good sleep; the ability to order dinner to take to our hotel room was wonderful; wifi was good; free shuttle to airport was convenient and on time; check in and out process was easy; even though we did not park here, the option to leave car here during vacation time is great

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The aspirators of toilet and lavatory were not working. They should’ve paid attention on these things

The room overall was very nice for a couple with a view of the backyard garden. Clean and decent. Internet was fast and there was even a corner for children to play electronic games and internet business Center. One thing I’d like to specially compliment about and that’s the breakfast. It had a large variety of delicacies, tasty and overwhelming. I’d definitely recommend a booking plus breakfast. It’s the best I’ve ever had

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

24 hours after departure, I still haven't received my invoice by email. Foot steps in corridor and surrounding rooms.

Lovely breakfast. Being proposed a bathtub. Bluetooth speaker: what a great idea!!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

the shuttle bus to the airport in the morning took longer than I expected. It said 10min, but I waited for at least 15-20min...

Very convenient shuttle bus. I arrived at midnight and called the front desk. The shuttle bus arrived after 10 minutes I called. The room is spacious and clean.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Full of dust although I kept receiving notes that the room has been cleaned by..., in 3 nights the towels have not been changed although I put them to be changed (they kept rearranging them on the towel support from below the sink where the place to leave them to be changed was), the heat didn’t work (although you could set the heat the room higher, it didn’t heat at all), the iron wasn’t working properly, the TV remote control didn’t work either (I guess the batteries were done); the shuttle didn’t appear at the last meetings from Tuesday night and we were 3 people waiting in cold at 23.00 without knowing no one will come anymore (we waited 30 min) and after we called to the hotel to see if someone comes we found out that they already know that no one else will attend the last 2 times of the night and they just didn’t care if people were still waiting there.

It’s close to the airport and it has a free shuttle

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Didn’t like 50 € deposit, which was back back only on the next day after check out, so be ready. It was a little cold in a room even with working condition.

It’s the best choice if you need to stay for a night. Free transfer from/to the airport, evening buffet is okay)

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

For the rate of the room, I would have expected something more, to be frank. Blankets were not perfectly clean and this was actually quite unexpected in such a structure, given also the name it has around the world.

Excellent position for the airport. Rooms are essential but with very nice forniture. Excellent shuttle service for the airport

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Haven't noticed the Park & Fly option, I wasn't able to change my booking and would have been charged 12 euro /night to park my car at the hotel. It's way cheaper to park at the discount parking of the airport and take the free shuttle to the hotel.

Close to the airport. Nice clean hotel and convenient free shuttle service to the Brussels Airport.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The room I got had a foul sewage odor. Relocated to another room, but hassle you don't want after a long journey. Pillow with grey stains all over and another one that had clearly not been changed based upon the smell. Noise from the planes in the middle of the night. Might seem trivial, but I do not understand how a 3 star hotel can offer such thin, cheap toilet paper. I paid quite a high price due to late booking and I feel I overpaid for the quality offered.

Room size.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

You could see that this is not a new hotel, so it looks a little outdated in person. Our curtains had weird stains on them, but nothing major. The only real problem was that, when trying to order room service, the option marked as "vegetarian" for the burgers was a fish filet, which is obviously NOT vegetarian! Other vegetarian options were salad, pasta and pizza, which I ended up ordering and was surprisingly good (even if it did cost 15 euro).

Staff was great, very professional. The room was large and clean and the bed was fairly comfortable. Location was really close to the airport (less than 5 min) without being noisy. The shuttle service is 24h but I think between 12pm and 6am only by request, which we did (at 4:30) and it worked perfectly.

No complaints.

The shuttle service was very convenient to get to and from the airport. We had a very early flight out and appreciated the shuttle at 3:30 AM. The restaurant was surprisingly good. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and nice. My wife and I as well as our 3 adult children enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

The bar staff were very rude to a point they refused to serve my 12 year old son a child’s meal as he looked to old , we ended up leaving the restaurant and heading back to our room and having the manager attend our room to apologise with our room service food,

Very clean and comfortable

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Excellent location, free airport transfer. Clean room, very hospitality stuff. I like stay this hotel when have connection flight or business meetings on the way

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

This is a great hotel for people who need quick access to the airport. The shuttle ride is 10 minutes or less and runs every 20 minutes. You can also use the shuttle to get to the airport train station for access to the Brussels city center.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The toiletries were half filled...I had to get a new one from the reception, of course the reception said it was normal, but when he doubled checked, it was just a silly carelessness from the staffs

The staffs were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, which made it great for traveling from an exhausted trip. The breakfast was not too shabby

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The only place where I could find food was the bar; there weren't a lot of options besides pizza, the service was SLOW (20 min to take my order and 35 for the pizza to arrive), and they mixed up my order (I ended up eating what they brought to avoid waiting again). It might have been because it was Christmas day, but still a big disappointment. It would have been better if the toilet had been in the bathroom, although I have noticed that it isn't that unusual in Europe for this to happen.

The staff at the front desk was kind and attentive. I really enjoyed the bathroom which included tub and a separate shower, as well as good lighting. The room was quite spacious and included everything I needed.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

there was some construction work going on and the location is a bit too far that you have to take a taxi to get anywhere

it was convenient to reach by Airport Shuttle. Breakfast was great

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

first invoice vis email is always sent including breakfast. I did not have breakfast due to my early departure. I am still waiting for an invoice with a proper amount...

fast check-out

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. I didnt sleep well that night and I woke up with pain in my ribs because I slept on my stomach.

Nice and clean room, good standard. Really good breakfast! Free shuttle from the airport, 5 minutes with the shuttle.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The service was top class and the room was super comfortable. The bed and the bathroom were a wonder and so were all the other facilities. The best thing is that the room temperature control is in the room and in your control. So keep it warm or keep it chill!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

It's the standard Novotel style, always reliable. I especially like the airport shuttle service which is free and frequent. As I needed a hotel for just one overnight before my flight, this was my main consideration choosing the hotel. It has a nice restaurant and bar, too.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Bathroom floor in the area of the commode sticky and needed mopping. Otherwise all good.

Everything was just fine. Staff friendly and helpful. They provided tips about the property, asked in advance about wake up calls and shuttle bus bookings. Most helpful.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Bathroom was sort of strangely layouted. It had a big tub, but the shower was small. I'd remove the tub.

Great Hotel if you need to catch an early flight. Close to Airport - shuttle every 20mins. Friendly staff. Hotel is clean. But nothing special. The Hotel bar had amazing fries and great beer. Breakfast was decent.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

That I had to call after 11:30pm to get a shuttle - and that that information is not on the website. I waited about 10 minutes before checking the schedule and discovering that I had to call.

The proximity of the hotel to the airport and the free shuttle very 20 minutes.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

Deposit taken in the event of damaged items, again should be communicated prior to arrival at hotel.

Information about tax should be communicated at the point of purchase i.e online

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Great place for airport stay! Very comfortable business style hotel with free frequent shuttle to the airport (5mins). Easy access to Brussels (15 mins) by airport train. Nice place to stay for those early morning flights!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Poorly insulated so one is exposed to noise from both highway and airplanes taking-off. Room was not completely clean. Remote control for television did not work.

Free shuttle service to Brussels airport every 20min. Shuttle takes roughly five minutes. Comfortable beds. Very friendly staff.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The staff were great. Like many airport hotels the surroundings are not that inspiring. However, just ask the staff and they will help you, even if at first sight it would seem not be in their first interests to do so, for example finding a restaurant nearby. They guided me to some great bars and restaurants in Zaventum which is a pleasant and easy 10 minute walk away. There is a railway station there too with trains to the centre at least every 30 minutes and you don't pay the airport station ticket premium. The free shuttle to and from the airport is great too and runs regularly all day.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

No minibar, no bathtub, nothing to do in the area. More of a 3 star than a 4.

OK for an overnight stay between connection flights. Not much to like - mediocre and a bit pricey. A rather old but well refurbished hotel, in the near vicinity to the Zaventem Airport. Clean in the lobby, clean in the room, good bed.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The reason I'm giving this high rate and bother writing this reply was the extraordinairy kindness of the staff; The receptionist drove me HIMSELF to the airport even when there was no scheduled drive for the time I wanted it. Thanx a lot!

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The positioning of the bath with the entrance next to the bed. Hardly any room and very inconvenient. Also during peak periods like early mornings, a larger transport needs to be provided otherwise all travelers cannot be accommodated.

We had to spend a night and this was convenient. Convenient to reach the hotel and get back to the airport the next morning. Property provided all the basic amenities and well worth the price.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The hotel was close to the airport and the shuttle bus good. The restaurant meals were very good as with the bar. The room was large and comfortable. The hotel was close to a small town where restaurants were available.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The housekeeping staff was speaking loud in the corridor early in the morning and they entered inside my room 3 times on the departure morning before I checked out

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

20 euro for the breakfast still expensive.

Clean, very well organized, really comfortable beds. Very nice breakfast. Near the airport and free shuttle service.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Rooms are noisy and the food choice in the restaurant is very limited although of good quality.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Location of the hotel is brilliant and the free shuttle bus service is very convenient.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

It is quite outdated hotel. Only one bottle of water is provided and plastic cups. Toilet looked quite old.

Hotel is located really close to the airport and provides free shuttle bus. Check in and check out was really fast.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

The was insufficient staff present, hence the restaurant was slow in service and the Bar didn't open at all

Good room size and location is close to the airport with a hotel shuttle provided.

Everything was great.

The staff were great. The free Novotel Shuttle Bus was on time to pick us up at the airport at 10:30 in the morning on our arrival and was on time again when we went back to the airport the next morning at 05:30. A great service thank you. Inside the hotel all the staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was very nice with all the channels on the TV. It was a great stay. Highly recommended.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

I stayed there the night before an early flight - comfy bed, quiet room, the airport shuttle was very convenient too - all you need for an early start.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

There was a weird smell coming from the toilet and sink.

The location is great it s close to the airport and they have their own shuttle. Rooms are good and spacious

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

Small rooms for a family. No close restaurants.

We stayed at the hotel just for 3 nights because it is very close to the airport. We didn't want to run into the morning traffic problems at the morning of our our flight back home.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Breakfast was not included in the rate and was told it would cost 22 Euros. No way can I justify 22 Euros on expenses for breakfast!

The room was comfortable and the shuttle service to the airport was convenient

Nothing. Great hotel

Very close to the airport. The best choice if you need to wait for your next flight. We stayed there after our long haul flight waiting for the next flight back home. The room was very comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast was perfect and the airport shuttle is very convenient and fast.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

We were on our way back home and have spent only one night at the hotel waiting for a connecting flight next day. The place perfectly met our expectations, including free airport transfer at midnight.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Sadly the standard I am used to from the Novotel network in general was not fulfilled. The interior was quite old and my overall feeling was not so good. I cannot compare this specific hotel to for example Novotel in Moscow where I stayed for one week. One more thing - In my hotel room when I used the tap the water splashed all over me.

I have enjoyed my stay at the Novotel Brussels airport hotel. Food and the service was very decent. Especially when the dinner was served I was asked if I want to order from the menu or if I want to eat food that was not included on the menu. The waiter was very aware of what he was offering. This made my evening very pleasant. Another big plus for me was the distance from the actual airport.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

A driver from the hotel came with his bus to pick me up "free airport shuttle ". All went good , he was on time . Until we arrived to the hotel , I was the only one , when I stepped out of the bus I tried to close the side door when leaving and was not expected the driver to be behind me trying to step also out from the same side door , I thought that he was still on his chair or even stepping out of his own door . So basically I am as closing the door slowly but he was also behind me but of course I did not see him , than I saw him cos he was starring at me and saying in a very rude way : "Can I also go out " but in a very scary rude way like if he was about to fight , although the was nice the first 2 minutes when I got in his bus . So it was late and I'm tired and just told him : hey sorry man , I really did not see you ! Anyway , I think he has to chill a bit .

Close to the airport , perfect for travelers , decoration , free airport shuttle . Very friendly/helpful night receptionist

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Location was a little weird for me, I tried to get by foot from the airport, but it is rather difficult to find a proper way, so better take taxi

Novotel's traditional quality and service, located in a quiet village with many asian restaurants

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

The room TV was not so good as most of the kids channels (CBeebies etc) were not working Whilst the overall facilities in the hotel were OK, staff in general were a bit rude specially the ones in the restaurant, the shuttle driver and some over at reception (with one exception which was the guy who checked us out as he was really nice)..Every time you asked the staff for something, the looks you got were not very welcoming. We asked for an omlette at brekafast and were told at 10:28 that they could not do one even though the breakfast time was until 11:00 am. Next day the omlette was over cooked and we did not eat it. Parking should be FREE for guests considering there are loads of spaces.

The hotel is a very convenient location for those using the Airport with a free shuttle service which is very handy. The rooms are spaccious and the beds are comfy with decent room facilities.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

The area around hotel is too urbanized. No connection with external world except to shuttle (if you don't have a car, of course). In general, the atmosphere in hotel is not warm, but more business.

Proximity to airport is excellent. Shuttle every 20 min - very nice.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

The hotel lacks facilities for kids. They have a small garden, and a surface. How about a small kids swimming pool to place in the garden? How about a pool game or a fuzzball that actually works instead of the paper one that you have?

1. Staff was very nice. 2. Room was as promised, nothing surprising. 3. Room was quiet clean. 4. The free wifi was very good. We actually backed up the entire trip photos with this wifi :-)

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

Parking can be quite expensive - 23 Euro for a full day. However, the default tariff is by the hour so it can be much less. Breakfast is not included and is very expensive - 20 euro per person... I would expect a basic breakfast for free.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean the bed was very comfortable. Crib was provided by request in advance. The shower and toilets were very good. The area is quiet and very close to the airport's rental car return. Parking is available on site and there were a lot of free spaces.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

While it's great to have some entertainment for kids, the hotel management might consider a few updates of available options. For example, the touch screen table with games isn't functioning properly anymore, I'm sure that there are more up to date options.

The hotel is an excellent option near Brussels Airport and delivers everything a family could need. For our kids, it's an ideal place to stay before a long flight.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

Talking to the receptionics was like talking to an ATM machine. No flexibility no empathy not human. Like a machine. Located next to the airport in an ugly industrial area.

Room decoration.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Shuttle didn't arrive as scheduled. When I phoned the guy who answered said sorry, it should have been him driving it but he had been really busy! During the night at about 3am there was lots of noise (partying) coming from a nearby room but when I phoned reception they didn't do anything about it.

Good breakfast buffet. Shuttle back to airport

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

Breakfast is a bit expensive, but it is quite diverse and everyone will find something to eat. A certain amount is blocked at check-in, which is not payment (at a room rate of 75 € it was 120 €). And only at check-out you make a payment, i.e. be prepared that some amount will be frozen in your account for a while.

You can prepare tea and coffee directly in your room, a bottle of water as a compliment from the hotel, a clean and cozy room, an excellent location for spending the night between flights. From and to the airport you can walk for 20-30 minutes or use the services of a free transfer from the hotel.

• Premium Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and Sofa

the rooms are small for a family with 2 children.

it is literally 5 minutes drive from the airport. Free shuttle operates every 20 minutes. The shuttle have a lot of space for luggage.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed

A LITTLE BIT NOISY IN ROOM AFTER AN ELECTRICITY DROP IN MY ROOM, AT 23;00, I WAITED 50 MINUTES BEFORE MOVING TO ANOTHER ROOM!!

ALMOST EVERYTHING, ESPECIALLY NEAR AIRPORT