Reviews of Best Western Hotel Royal Centre 3 stars

Rue Royale 160, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#71 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Russian female receptionist was rude. She let me early check in, I didn’t even ask. But then the same cleaner kept opening my door twice, the first time I was even half naked. I called the reception, she said “because your early check in and you should put do not disturb on your door blablabla” and she hung up without a single apology. The thing is I didn’t have the do not disturb sign in my room ! After the call I took a nap, my door was opened again but I didn’t see who did it. I felt very insecure, scared and paranoid. I’m a girl traveling alone. I paid more for a hotel room instead of a bunk bed in hostel because I need my own space and somewhere safer. What’s the point that I couldn’t even take a proper nap. Anyway, I finally got the courage to go to the reception and complain about it, the hotel bar guy offered me drinks and talked to me which calmed me down. That’s was sweet. Also the pillow was so tiny like 30cm x 30cm

Nice big balcony Nice bar guy Nice bathroom

• Standard Queen Room

There was a parking but the customers had to pay for using it, although they payed for the room. Other than that, everything was excellent.

We loved the location, we loved the stuff, we loved the comfort, and we loved the fact that it was really clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The mattress is too soft (twin room) The toilet was full of water in the ground as the isolation from the shower was not good The breakfast was not so diversificated and the quality of it not excellent I forgot 2 shirts in the accommodation and contacted the hotel and they told me they found nothing... How can we trust our stay in a hotel that can't handle with forgot items situation? Very disappointing...

The location was good

The neighborhood was a dirty place, trash almost everywhere in the streets, even broken glass.

Everything was perfect. In spite of the neighborhood, the hotel was amazing place where to sleep or work at the computer.

• Double or Twin Room

Small quantity of shower water drops on the bathroom floor.

Location, Luggage support rack, Lift, Cleanness, Bigger-than-budget-room size and Luggage storage.

• Double or Twin Room

Due to Air Traffic control strike in France we needed to make new plans very quickly! Rimma was wonderful and helped us tremendously! A disaster turned into a positive, thank you!

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms could have been a bit more sounds proof Housekeeping should come in after 11:00 AM

The bed was very comfy and the shower pressure was amazing

• Double or Twin Room

I selected two single beds for a friend and me but received 1 king size bed.

Breakfast was quite decent. The staff was quite helpful and nice. The location was very nice. Close to Central Station and Botanique

No parking for hotel, had to park down the street which was confusing at first but not too bad.

Good location. Got a deal on price but regular price may be quite high.

• Double or Twin Room

A kind of old style, âgée atmosphere diffuses everywhere. The furniture needs a renovation and upgrade to the today standards. The food choice for breakfast is minimal. Might have been very good some 25+ years ago, nomore today.

The location is excellent, at walking distance from Metro station Park and 10 minutes from the Central Station. My 8th floor room was very large - a suite, even if I booked a double room.

At first night there were no tea and shampoo at number, second night shampoo, third night shampoo and towels. They bring towel when you ask even there is no towel in the room. The fourth night they didnt clean the room.

Location was fine, near to centre. Room was clean at the begining.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness in the bathroom lacking . Water flows out everywhere from the shower , no place to keep soap etc in the shower. Tiny basin .

Bed very comfortable

Really small Old shabby single room , not clean at all. There was muld on the walls. The size of the room was like 7sqm. I highly dont reccomend it for this price. Breakfest was very poor low quality food no vegatables.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor room service: the bed weren't really done, pj's thrown on the table Disorganized breakfast: at 8.30 already no bread, no plates and glasses

For breakfast, I would have loved stronger coffee (the automaton makes really bland coffee) and some fresh vegetables.

The egg thingo was very fluffy and nice. I also appreciated the baked goods.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast after 8:45AM become rush and consequentely it is a total "nighmare". All guests start arriving at the same time, room becomes short for accomodation, bread, milk, yogourt and other food disappear in few seconds and there is no staff to quickly recover the "troubles". Coffee cups, glasses, spoons or forks disapear from stock, the tables becomes "dirty and obvious unavailable". It's a very abnormal and unexpected situation, so it must be URGENTLY corrected. In addition the cleaning of the rooms must be much more cared about.

Facilities location.

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel is located only 10 minutes walk from Central Train Station (Gare Central); with a 15/20 minutes walk, you can easily reach the Grand Place. Excellent receptionist staff, always ready to assist in case you need information or any other kind of help. Breakfast was good and the room was comfortable. Higly recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

False advertisement on the area of the room space. Unbelievable arrogant, irresponsible attitude. Story: We booked a double room on the 1st April, which we selected from a number of good hotels. We selected best western because we saw people online praised the staffs' good service and clean nice rooms. However, when we entered our room, we couldn't help noticing that the room (room 410), despite its name of "double room", looks exactly like the "single room" of your hotel on the booking.com website: the area of the room looks more like 15 m2 than 20 m2; the bed can't be desribed as "a large double bed" by any standard. So we went downstairs to explain to the staff at front desk that there might be a mistake, that they might unintentionally gave us a single room instead of a double room. To our surprise, the man at the front desk, Mr. Ben, as I clearly recall his name, instead of expressing a single sense of regret, simply told us that "it is normal that people don't get what they saw on the advertisement, I can do nothing about this, but you can go to complaint on a website if you want." I have to say this is the most unprofessional and rude attitude I have ever met from a hotel's staff. I was too shock and confused by his words to even continue the conversation at that moment. We sent this to the general manager of the hotel, but we got no response whatsoever.

• Double or Twin Room

Bedding had stains on it had to ask for it to b changed .mixed up with room on night we arrived .no bath mats . couldn't tell staff from guests as the were in causal clothes .had to clear breakfast tables our self before we could use them.

Breakfast was OK nice friendly lady on desk on morning we were checking out

• Double or Twin Room

It seemed like the room was cleaned in a hurry, and It definitely could have been done better. The room with a view of the boulevard are a bit noisy due to the tram and cars. We stayed at the hotel in march, and had a big room, and though the temperature of the room was set on max at 28 C, it was still chilly in the room. We complained about that at the reception and they were very responsive and brought us a heater.

The hotel is very well positioned and just a short walk away from many attractions.

Parking in the garage was a nightmere! Be prepared for very cautious manovering!

Perfect location, good rooms, friendly staff, good breakfast, tidy horel . I liked it

• Double or Twin Room

Location was a little far from the centre especially the grand place very hilly area. Requested a double bed and tagged double bed when booking but got a twin bed.

The breakfast was good and check in /out was quick. Nice quiet area

Room was tiny and disappointing, very different from the pictures. It was freezing cold even with the heating on. Heating worked only in the bathroom when the lights were on, therefore i had to sleep with the lights on at the open bathroom door. Room description listed a bathtub and minibar/fridge but none of these were there. Very noisy near the elevator. Overall, the quality was poor for a high price.

Breakfast and location was good.

I have no suggestions. I spent a good time in the hotel. Well done.

It was a lovely stay. The room was very comfortable. I really think the bathroom was cosy and clean. I appreciated the good positioning of the hotel. the breakfast was good too. Definitely, I will use this hotel again.

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was facing the tram way, quite noisy in the room when the tram is in service. It's quite close to most of the tourist spots, metro and tram, a good place for a short stay in Brussels.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was very clean, comfortable and in a very good neighbourhood.The location was ideal , just 15minutes walk away from the city center.The staff was very helpful.It is near metro station.The breakfast was very nice.

• Double or Twin Room

Check in was a bit odd. Rather than people looking like hotel staff, it looked like lads from around the block were operating it. The internet was broken for 2 days (no fault of their own) but it did cause an inconvenience to folks checking out because the card machines couldn't even connect to payment.

I picked this hotel because of the travel reviews and its location. It seems to be an older hotel that has had a welcome refurbishment. Seemed to be a vast difference in service between morning and evening staff. Decent hotel for quick business trips.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was very uncomfortable. It was lop-sided, one side was higher than the other, it was supposed to be one large bed but instead there were two smaller beds placed together and would separate when laying in the middle of the bed. The pillows were too small for the size of the bed. The room didn’t stay warm and the bathroom was very cold, no heat at all in there.

The room was nice, the staff was nice and the breakfast was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The Hotel is super well located. It has a bus stop and a nearby metro. Coming straight from the airport you can take bus number 212 and close to the hotel. The room is a delight, clean, very good bed. The staff is very attentive. The breakfast is simple but very good. We love it all.

• Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi, room temperature just 19C, not many fresh items on breakfast buffet, electrocity does not work for 3hours during our stay-it was not announced before, very small bathroom

Comfortable bed, good location

• Double or Twin Room

One time during breakfast my partner did not receive his gluten free portion and we tried to ask for it, but the stuff didnt understand what we mean, not in english nor in french. But it is just the small thing, we were thinking in advance and brought our own gluten free bread. Otherwise everything else was great.

Great hotel for good value, rooms are nice and clean, I loved the bathroom space, many shelves and drawers for my belongings. No problems with wifi, location is pretty good, 15 minutes from the city center

Doors (at least on the 4th floor) are too thin and very squeaky. This ruined my sleep as people entered their rooms overnight. At the very least oil those hinges please! Getting thicker doors might also be a great idea. Breakfast food had all run out when I arrived in the morning.

The rooms are very nice, very modern.

The room was not very clean. It should be better for a 3-star hotel.

The hotel is very comfortable for a business stay. The staff at the reception is very hospitable and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all, maybe soap and shampoo in the bath could have been of better quality, phone calls from rooms cost rather expensive

The hotel is an excellent choice in Brussels, it is centrally located and very close to Gare du Nord. The rooms are very modern and highly decorated. The staff is very friendly and good-homoured. The breakfast is very rich and satisfies your expectations almost in every way. The beds are comfortable and the double bed is very wide. Wi-fi is very fast and accessible from every part of the building.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was not cleaned properly (the table was very dusty) and you can hear the street noise. The hotel is located on a main street, leading to the city centre. We asked a room leading to the back, and our request was satisfied, but it was on the lateral of the building and even so, on a work day, if you are a soft sleeper you will be up early in the morning. If you are accommodated with this kind of noise, not a problem. I think they have some apartments leading back of the building, asked the reception.

Extra comfortable bed and pillows, very good location (10 min walk till from the train station, 10 min walk to metro and 10 min to the city centre), big size rooms for Belgium (even the standard ones), very good breakfast, very polite service.

The breakfast was not so good and there were thing from previous costumers under my bed

The room was big, the staff was really polite good location close to the center. Had a problem with the sink the 1 night and they immiadetely gave me another room

• Double or Twin Room

Smallish bathroom and small bath. It would be better to have a walk in shower instead

Good welcome. Easy and early check-in possible. Modern rooms. 15 minutes walk from the city centre

The breakfast could have been a bit more elaborate. The staff took a while to replenish things like eggs, fruit, bacon, etc.

The beds were very comfortable and we had all the amenities necessary. I was particularly excited with the fact that we were able to park our rental car in front of the hotel and could use our bank card to pay for the parking. The location was also a plus! Grand Place was only a 5 minute walk from the hotel and there were ways to take the Metro and the tram. Overall this hotel was amazing for the price.

• Double or Twin Room

the Breakfast could have been better & they need to change the spread as it was same all the days

the location of the hotel was great Metro Station & Tram stop was just 2 Min walk form hotel & the Grand Place is just 15 Min walk form the Hotel so its a great ease to travel any place in town

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel struggled to organize the breakfast. Too little tables, plates, etc during the rush hours of breakfast time. Moreover, they always seemed one person short to deal with all of this in a timely manner. The food was simple, but definitely good.

Nice spacious and clean room. Conveniently located less than 15 min walk from Brussels Central station and the city center.

• Double or Twin Room

The location is OK. The breakfast was average, there was no enough dishes you have to wait for it!!! and the staff in the restaurant were not helpful.

Very clean, value for money and comfort.

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom very small. Some noise from the street.

The hotel is well located at walking distance from the historical center. Kind staff. Clean room, modern. Breakfast not tasted.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was just okay, and seemed understaffed (it was hard to find a clean table). The tram goes by right outside the hotel, and it could be heard from our room.

Nice staff, convenient location, comfy room

• Double or Twin Room

Room had a coffee stain on the unit in the room, there was an empty coke can on the floor by the bed, there was pieces of tissue all over the floor in the bathroom. The breakfast was a shambles. There was barely any food and the orange juice machine was empty. We waited ages for food and hardly saw any. The table was not cleaned even after we complained. Overall not happy

• Double or Twin Room

Let down by breakfast service ,there was hot food but it was cold and not replaced quick enough waiting ten minutes or more,plates were also cold .we stuck to the continental . Lack of communication among staff. Would stay again though.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, needed non slip mat in bath though. Easy direct walk to center.

• Double or Twin Room

Not very happy with the breakfast! Most of the hot food was finish and so we're the croissant. Staff didn't replacement before we left! Tables where dirty when we go there, I had to go and ask for cutlery! Cina cups where riplace by take away cups!

Good clean hotel with helpulf staff! 10 minutes walk to the centre.

Staff could not or barely assist me in flemish. Walls are very thin, I could clearly hear everything happening in the room next to me (like everything). Only 1 or 2 usable electricity plugs in the room. There are more, but they were hidden behind the TV/Fridge piece of furniture, so you could not use it. Room could use a little refresher, it looks a bit outdated (specially when you compare to the pics on the site)

Friendly staff. I had no electricity in the room, which they solved quickly. Decent size for a singles room. Located next to venue where I had party. Clean although it looks outdated.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast area was ridiculously tiny, we ate breakfast Sunday morning 9ish, it was totally full. Waited for a table 20/25 min, then we had to wait for the food since the refill was super slow. I was super exited for the breakfast, I mean I love hotel breakfast, but this was a huge disappointment.

Clean and spacious room, friendly staff, close to metro station

• Double or Twin Room

the prepaid policy i was not so much satisfactory, i choosed the prepaid style, because i think the price would be greatest(cheapest: )), because i paid one month before i arrived, but i found that, it made no sense, because later the price was even lower, which made me feel no good, but the good hotel experience made it up, still good~

i pretty like the hotel, which gave me a comfortable experience, and the breakfast was good, and the stuffs are really kindly and helpful, i would like to book the next travel in brussel once more.

Not far from the city center, great value for money! I was alone on a large 2+ bed room. Nice reception kept my baggage in a secure place. Recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing in particular I didn't like ...perhaps being situated in Brussels, staff might attend me in Dutch!

A nice breakfast and friendly people at breakfast. Was a bit late but staff insisted I should have a breakfast.

I enjoyed my stay 100%.

I was really pleased I could find a centrally-located hotels, a short walk away from the Central Station and my business destination at such a good price. The hotel is really pleasant to stay at--it's not big, the staff is very attentive and even a tram running on the street didn't make any noise. The room was comfortable and impaccably clean, wi-fi was fast and handled all the 3 of my connected devices, TV had a good selection of channels from many countries. When I needed an iron, I got it within minutes. Breakfast was ample and tasty, the orange juice was real, not a watered down sugary drink as is often the case. The hotel is also a walking distance away from the Cathedral and La Grande Place.

N/a

I've already stayed in the Best Western Hotel Royal Centre several times. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are spacious and clean. The area is nice and close to the city center and there are several excellent restaurants around. I can definitely recommend Best Western Hotel Royal Centre for both business and leisure visits to Brussels.

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was overcrowded, it seemed like it was understaffed and we had to wait a lot to be seated at tables which were not clean. They took so much time to fill back the buffet and clean the tables. Many people were frustrated. There was no staff to help us out.

The rooms were ok and overall clean.

• Double or Twin Room

Too soft bed. A small place in the restaurant. There was not enough fork at brekfest.

Friendly, very helpful staff. Good, abundant choice of brekfest.

• Double or Twin Room

We were initially given a room with broken windows (there was even a sign on the room’s door). After that we asked for another room, but this one wasn’t cleaned at all, it looked liked there was a huge party in it. After having learnt several swear words in Dutch from the guy working at the reception desk, we were given the last free room in the hotel, which was eventually fine. Unfortunately, we didn’t receive any apologies or compensation for this situation. The furniture in the room is certainly to be renovated in the nearest future. Found no cafés, bars or grocery stores in the area. This is my second stay in the Best Western chain of hotels, and I have to admit that next time I may not choose it anymore.

Good choice of cheeses, pastry and drinks for breakfast. The location is satisfactory - 15 mins away from the city center, however, the Red lights district in neighbourhood made us very worried about our safety. Great discount at the moment of buying.

Breakfast was nice but the room was too small hence when there were lots of people waiting in the line it was kind of hard to find a table to seat. Also I've put a "Don't clean the room" but they cleaned it.

Location was awesome. It was really easy for me to get acces to the hotel even though I arrived at 23h30 to Bruselles

The lights are not bright in the room. The TV was not working but the management compensated me for that issue.

The location is perfect ... it is near the tram and metro station. The rooms are clean and comfortable

better organisation: not enough plates, tables not cleaned immidiatelly after finishing by other guests,

open till 10.30, nice choice of bread, crussions and sausages

The time of check-in is 15.00 p.m. which is too late. At most of the hotels you can check-in after 13.00 p.m. For example, my colleagues were accomodated at the Thon Hotel (Rue de la Loi, 75) at the same time even before 11.00 a.m. There were hairs in the bathroom from the previous guests.

The staff was very nice and helpful. I would stay at the hotel again. It is comfortable and near to the Central Station and the center.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room a bit cramped. Frustratingly tiny bathtub, ended up using just the shower.

Spacious, well organized room with plenty of space for storage. This might sound trivial, but the bed had the best, most comfortable headboard ever. Decent breakfast. Helpful, welcoming staff.

• Double or Twin Room

Buffet breakfast had a decent selection of hot & cold food but staff are not prompt at re-stocking the buffet. Only one lady looking after the tables and food and she couldn't clear the tables quickly. Breakfast area taped off during the day & evening to stop people using the coffee machine. Pillows are square and more like scatter cushions - not sure if this is standard for Belgium.

Room 308 is large with a sofa and seating area. Room and furnishings modern. TV gets BBC1, 2 &3. Decent shower, comfortable bed. Lovely bathroom with underfloor heating. Guest robes were a nice touch.

• Double or Twin Room

Aircon was very poor, to the point of being useless, shower leaked over floor, bathroom very small, breakfast choice was limited and altogether, cost was high when compared with other nearby hotels and despite double glazing, a very noisy location.

Convenient location

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast would have been good with a nice selection of foods, but it was extremely poorly organized. The tables were not cleaned quickly enough for the next customers, there was not enough food available, and we had to ask for the basics such as dishes and silverware. In addition, some of the staff don't speak (enough) English which is pretty bad for an international city and hotel.

The hotel is newly renovated so the rooms are very nice. The premises are clean, and the location is good with easy access to public transit and a short distance to most of the main tourist attractions. Most of the staff is friendly and helpful.

There were no towels in my room when I arrived and the door had to be slammed to close properly. The night concierge was very nice but not very knowledgeable about late-night food/drinks/nightlife in the area.

It was in a central area near the train station, although it was a little sketchy. The breakfast delivery to the room was great as I had to leave for a plane early.

Poor breakfast for this price, the check-in is after 15h which means I could not have rest before my business meeting, I just threw the luggage in one room behind the reception. I guess this is a normal practice for hotel but I did not feel OK and comfortable

Clean, spatial rooms, good minibar

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was ok, but perhaps it could have had more attention (to items finishing, placement of knives, forks etc). Overall, it was a decent breakfast.

The room was newly renovated, clean, comfortable with plenty of light. The location was ideal, quiet on a weekend even though on a main road.

When I arrived with my "best deal" booking made on booking.com, I was given a 6sqm small room! I had to complain bitterly to be given a better one. The new room was wonderful.

Small bathtub, which makes it difficult to stand inside and take a shower, same breakfast every day (but the choice is decent), a bit of noise from the nearby street, but I still had a good sleep

Great room comparable to a room in a 4-star hotels, clean environment, friendly personnel, good location not far from Brussels Central station, one of the best hotels I've been to in Brussels

• Double or Twin Room

Not good it's the best :) i have stayed at this hotel for a technical event in von karman institute. Location of hotel is very close to the metro stations, central train station, city center and also city2 shopping mall .for metro line 1-5, you can use park station and for 2-6 lines, you can use botanique station. 2-6 lines connect you midi train station. You can go noord and central stations by walking. (Takes 10 minutes) Staff is helpful and kind. Breakfast is good. Room was clean and wide enough. Front rooms at the avenue side can be noisy due to tram on the avenue, if you are sensetive, you may prefer to stay rooms at the back side. Highly recommended hotel!.

Turned up to be told that the booking had been moved and to be honest we were glad... not sure what was going on with this hotel, but looked decidely run down. In fact the street from that point looked very run down. From the outside it looked dirty and the inside lobby smelt of smoke.. No one about other than two gentlemen on reception. They had however booked us into Motel One which was very good and further up the road in a better area.

The Motel One which we stayed at instead, very good

• Double or Twin Room

badly designed hotel rooms (the bathroom is like a checklist of how not to design a bathroom!) and sad decoration - could do with a makeover...in bright colours! Understaffed in the kitchen...but staff do a great job and are very friendly.

very friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room

Poor bar facilities couldn't provide two glasses of red wine.

Very friendly staff. Well informed and helpful. Informal atmosphere which was slightly unusual for a hotel.

Bed comfy but pillows not as comfortable as in some other hotels (eg Premier Inn in UK )

free Wi-Fi, UK channel selection on TV reasonable location - 10 minutes from Metro 15 mins from Grand Place

• Double or Twin Room

This place has no wifi. Even if they say it's have it. Don't believe it!!! I was very disappointed. On my question why don't we have wifi? The answer was: to many people used it at this moment. Try again little later. Really?...I picked this hotel with some hope to have English speaking channels . Nothing except CNN. Not even options to buy some moves. And no wifi to see something online. And pillows... like you sleep on the top of some cotton balls! Terrible!!! Do not recommend to anyone!

Very nice stuff. Good breakfast.

Browse Best Western Hotel Royal Centre traveller photo gallery