Reviews of Thon Hotel Residence Parnasse Aparthotel

#113 of 232 vacation rentals in Brussels

• Reviewed: September 18, 2018

Very well-located dirty apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was mould in the bathroom, so I would not recommend it to any people who are allergic. There was mould even in our kettle, but the receptionist was nice enough to exchange it fast. WC was a disaster! It was smelling like some old sauerkraut. The ventilation was full of sticky dust (similarly in the kitchen), probably has never been washed. I washed the cutlery and glasses before using, as they were sticky too. I often stay at different Thon hotels and so far never had a dirty one. We got a parking place on level -2. The problem was that the lift from our part of the building was not stopping on that floor, so we had to go to -3 and walk upstairs with the luggage. It looked like the receptionist did not know which place is where. So some training would do.

It's really well located. The apartment was spacious.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Recommend but not floor 6

Terrible smell on floor 6 that filters into the apartment. Reported to the front desk but nothing was done about it. At least there was no feedback.

We had all the facilities needed and extra pillows where provided at our request

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

The size of rooms is perfect, each has oun toilet, the door...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The door of wardrobe was broken, we told about this in the first day noted that it's not a problem. Man on reception told that it is unacceptable and will be fixed today. After 5 days we leaved the hotel, but the door was broken:) Room 336

The size of rooms is perfect, each has oun toilet, the door berween (we need separate spaces) Good sofa, really comfortable to sleep Balcony with table and chairs Has a reception/can be payed by cards, no deposite, good person Good location: no criminal and strange people around, railway station 15 min, Grand Place 20 min by foot. Supermarkets 2-3 min. Square with many good cafes 2-3 min

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Quite okay but could have been fantastic if not for the lack of decent hygien....
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Room 131 was Dirty! Long black hairs everywhere. Hair clippers on the ground. Cookingpots dirty, cupboards filthy with grease and stains. Not the standard cutlery present, I.e. Four piecesof each. Plug out of wall and door Handle broken. This is not very child friendly. Despite mentioning the broken things no one showed up for fixing.

Early checkin at 8.30 am. Spacious Luxurious

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Not a 4 stars hotel. Just an average property with apartments.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

First of all, for a 4 stars property, not even the apartment amenities inside were proper. And the fact that there is no cleaning services offered only if you stay more than 7 days is a bit cheap. The apartments are spacious and nice, but it lacks proper maintenance and cleanliness. Staff is also a bit stiff. For the amount paid at least cleaning and swimming pool could be available. The location is good. Apartments supposed to be soundproof; however we could hear even our neighbours footsteps. The description on Booking. Com is different from this. We had some maintenance issues which were responded only after 3 days from the check in. The sofa-bed in the living is disgusting. We tried opening it up for our son's noon naps but was so dirty and smelly that it made me sick to my stomach even to think my toddler shall sleep there. Also pillows and towels were not enough for a family of 3. The swimming pool was charged extra.... in a 4 stars hotel! Initially we have chosen this property more for our son's comfort. To have space in the apartment and to go swimming in the pool. Parking is horrible. It's a labyrinth and you should understand your way in or out from there. After all the amount we paid for 6 nights, staff was not flexible to afford us a late check out only if we paid. Everything there is about money and nothing about the comfort and happiness of the clients. Will not recommend it to friends and family. For the same amount we could have stayed in Marriott.

It's a spacious apartment, close to the city centre and the main park. Near the apartment you have small convenience stores and you have places to walk around with a toddler.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

Great weekend
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

After reading some bad reviews, I was worried about the apt.absolutely spotless, full size kitchen well stocked although we did not cook.very comfortable sofa bed,extra toilet,very spacious,quiet,great area.Fiji on desk was a super nice girl.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2018

Australians on holiday
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The signage in the underground car park could be improved. We missed the exit and got lost for a while trying to drive out.

Ample space, well equipped kitchen, secure car park, good WiFi, close to city centre.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Had to ask several times for the tap in the lobby toilet to be fixed. It wasn't. I was charged for my room & my friends room & they were not charged

• Reviewed: July 26, 2018

Comfortable, clean serviced apartments in Brussels.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The car parking is tight for larger vehicles (nothing which the group can do about this: simply be aware it's a tight fit). The pool and gym are actually external to the apartment complex, run by a third party (again, nothing wrong with this, however not what I'd expected, so I'm flagging it that others can be aware of it).

Not exactly easy to locate (I found out at check in that the apartments are actually in 3 different buildings in close proximity), with a lot of walking up and down a street to find the entrance. The apartments themselves were comfortable, clean and spacious. Even in the heat of the summer, they were cool. The situation is excellent for exploring Brussels.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Superb quality aparthotel with modern facilities.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Superb quality aparthotel with modern facilities. Even a dishwasher. Staff were also very friendly and helpful. They even upgraded us to a garden view.

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

Good apartment in the heart of Brussels
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa in the living room is very uncomfortable so the third person slept bad

Well equipped apartmant in good location with friendly receptionists who try to solve every of your problems

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

New building , excellent hospitality at arrival .
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Poor equipment of the kitchen . No salt , no Pepper , no soap or tablets for the dish ; The polite minimum of water .

New building , excellent hospitality at arrival . perfect heating/cooling system . Nice neighberhood

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Loved it8k
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The pool. It was very expensive to go swim. 10e per person. The pool is moore for the gym and exersise. So would def not pay that much to go there.

Clean. Handy. God rooms. Would defently recommend. Parking.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

comfortable in handy location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our room was a bit stale and had a strong cigarette odour so had to open all the windows

Staff were really helpful and the apartment was well kitted out

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Smurfs, Tintin, Chocolate and Waffles all make for the perfect Brussels adventure
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Access to fitness facilities was great, although we found the 10.00 euro per adult access fee for a swim to be a little excessive.

Well appointed property for exploring Brussels. 20 minute walk into the Grand Place, with Parc Leopold a matter of minutes away. The property allowed us space to relax as a family whilst being able to explore.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Wonderful facilities and position close to IC station, serious water blur
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

some dishes are not that clean. water blur are too seriously this is a hotel's mistake and calcareous water was also not that good, but I believed it is not a hotel's fault.

Wonderful facilities and position within city center and very close to IC subway station. And room condition was really great.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

A minute walk from place luxembourg - great square crowded...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A minute walk from place luxembourg - great square crowded with people and a lots of bars/restaurants, near parks, awesome apartment! You can walk 10-20min to Grand Place and Royal Pallace so we never took any bus/train. Apartment is huge, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room, bedroom aand terrace in apartment is everything.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Excellent staff make the property a pleasant place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff are excellent. Before our arrival, I had several contacts, via email and phone , with the hotel. For every question I had asked, I always receive clear and professional answer. The staff we met at the reception make us feel warm , welcoming. The apartment is very spacious , clean and comfortable. Great location. I will definitely choose to stay here again for my next visit to Brussels.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Failed to impress, not 4 star
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The condition of the apartment I stayed was very poor (apartment no.610). The walls needed some fixing and painting. The bathroom had broken tiles, mould and felt like no-one has cleaned it properly in a while. The coffee machine did not work i.e. unable to pierce the espresso capsules. Same for the television that could turn on but never showed any picture or sound. All of this made it poor value for money, and not worth more than 70euro per night.

Spacious apartment with nice furniture and relatively quiet. The kitchen was fully equipped and come handle for longer stays. There was a proper leaving room with nice dining table. The staff at the reception were friendly. The hotel is located very close to a metro station, and the area is very nice. The balcony is nice add-on if you are a smoker.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Superb location with good facilities.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Getting stuck in the lift when leaving. Thankfully the staff responded quickly.

The staff were superb. Clementine was extremely helpful when we called before we arrived. She also helped us immensely on our last day. Will certainly stay there again.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

The apartment was spacious, very bright, looking at a small...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was spacious, very bright, looking at a small park, very quiet and clean, yet close to institutions and transportation. Staff at the reception were very friendly, allowed me to get into my room before 14:00. I would highlty recommend the residence!

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Nice, comfortable appartment with good facilities.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was quite noisy sometimes during the day. I assume the noise was coming from the gym in the ground floor because otherwise it was a quite area.

Nice, comfortable appartment with good facilities. We had good time with our 2,5 y son.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Mediocre and overpriced for value.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When we arrived, one room was unmade and another smelled like curry. Upon request we received new rooms, but one of them still smelled bad. I think there is a ventilation issue in the building. There were no extra blankets or pillows, so we did not have bedding for one of our children (we were five in two apartments). The apartments were mediocre and not very clean. It was only at check-in that we found out the pool did not belong to the hotel, that children could not swim after 7pm and that there was an extra charge. At check-out, I was told my credit card had been rejected for one of the rooms. I insisted that I had already been charged. It turned out the amount had been reserved, although not yet processed. Only then the receptionist realise this and charged me. Had I not spoken up, I would have been charged again. She only apologised when I pointed it out. Overall, I would not stay here again.

Location was good and delivery options were good. The receptionist at check-in was very polite and accommodating.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Good self-catering option, excellent for families

Nothing really

Midweek in the European quarter is never the cheapest time to stay in Brussels, so to find a comfortable 2-bed, fully equipped apartment at the same price as a standard hotel room was a bonus. Walking distance from Leopold and its bars and restaurants. A real find

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Location is perfect.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I think there were some problems with waste pipes, because on my first day, a terrible smell was in a corridor, also mold in bathroom and some furniture were broken, sound proof was bad.

Location is perfect. I've got everything I needed in just 500 meter distance.

• Reviewed: March 20, 2018

The location was very good.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Since they are apartments, there is absence of security. The bulding was old and it had an awful smell, the same inside the apartment. The air-condition was not working properly. I found hair on my pillow. The washbasin was blocked and all the water was coming out. The seating basin in one of the two toilets was broken.

The location was very good.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Overall had a great stay, our apartment was clean and secure and had a nice time in Brussels
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The property said it had a pool. It doesn't it's located in another building and your just allowed access with a payment of 10 euro for adult and 5 euro for a child per usage, which is so over priced!! It should clearly say on hotel description plus could of done with a comfy chair to sit in the lounge area cus the bed was sofa bed was in use.

Location was good, central to a few points. Staff was very friendly and helpful!.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Very close to place de Luxembourg.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Seems like a residential house, with some doubtful people hanging around. Not eco-friendly.

Very close to place de Luxembourg. Big, comfy room. And new world record in check-in and check-out speed!

• Reviewed: March 3, 2018

Pefect location when you have to visit one of the European...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Pefect location when you have to visit one of the European meetings in Brussels. Very close to European Parliament and in the same quarter as some of the Commission buildings. Nice appartments with a kitchen and so on. You can make your own breakfast and meal.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Good location, spacious apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was quite cold in the apartment and the heating didn't work properly. I had to ask for an extra radiator in order to keep warm. Fortunately they had one and it worked well.

Good location, spacious apartment with a fully equipped kitchen. The wifi worked very well.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

Good location, spacious apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was a bit cold in the apartment even though the heating was fully on.

Good location. The apartment was spacious and had a fully equipped kitchen. The Wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Freezing - heating and hot water not working
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Freezing - heating was faulty. Shower/hot water not working... leaked a lot, was hot for two minutes then freezing. The worst thing was, when I mentioned it at checkout, the lady at the desk said that the previous guests in the room had also complained about that and that she had told the engineer already. So... knowing that the heating and hot water weren't working, they still checked me in there on the coldest night of the year! Very disappointing, especially when the Thon is usually such a high standard.

Lovely spacious apartment

• Reviewed: February 3, 2018

Will definitely come back! Was on promotion
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location near train station to airport. Friendly staff. Nice apartment with evrrything i needed plus a Nespresso machine and umbrella. Had a great time

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

We got what we paid for and it was worth it.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The welcoming package was lacking. Having been in self catering apartments before, this was but a surprise. We'd expect some kitchen soap even if minuscule, and/or at least one washing machine soap pods, I wouldn't mind to pay more for the price of renting the room, but it is just the time wasted to go get a small package from a nearby place. The last night was a Saturday, and there was a lot of noise until about 5:50 am. There was a lot of laughter of a nearby party, a lot of voices, and you could identify the music, this started around midnight and continued on. On the following day, Sunday, someone was frying onions and eggs, because it smelled quite a lot in our own apartment as well as the hallway.

The apartment was clean and tidy, spacious enough, with all appliances in working order; plus there was enough kitchen cutlery and dinnerware for 4 people. The location was superb, and we couldn't hope for better.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Complete appartment with swimming pool in the heart of the European District
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No complains, really. Everything was perfect.

Nice appartment with anything you need for a short or a long stay. Big bedroom, complete kitchen, desk, and a training center with swimming pool around the corner. The parking will soon have charging spots for electric vehicles. Location is great, 3 min away from Place Lux, the best spot in Brussels for after-work drinks.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2018

Very spacious and plenty of room.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Entrance to get into the gym is confusing

Very spacious and plenty of room. Definitely more than enough space. The set up was nice and modern and very clean. Location about a mile from the center, but very walkable.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Quiet, comfortable stay in a large well equipped apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Easy check-in with the concierge and then a small walk around the block to a flat at the back. Flat was 3 bedroom with an ensuite (which I used), a large lounge/diner and a fully fitted kitchen. Very quiet, comfortable and central with great wifi

• Reviewed: January 24, 2018

We were stuck in the elevator And it took like 15 or 20...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We were stuck in the elevator And it took like 15 or 20 minutes to get us out And apart from the apartment smells too strong there are many different incense smells every day. And there's a lot of noise And little attention at reception And the first day I got my apartment was dirty The shower was full of dust..

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

never again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Dirty and smelly. The kitchen was litteraly stinking. There was smell in all rooms. I had to sleep with windows open and left the appartment as early as I could

• Reviewed: December 14, 2017

I'd book there again but request to be far from the fitness facility.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The hot water comes from a boiler and when two people took a shower before me I had to wash with icy cold water. It took more than 2 hours to warm up water again. Our apartment was on the first floor above the gym and it was way too noisy till late evening! Lots of classes and loud music was coming from the gym.

The apartment itself was nice. Very large and warm.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2017

Location was perfect, in walking distance from both the...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was rather old-fashioned and needs a bit of a rennovation. For short stays you would wish for a good breakfast and more room facilities. The price-quality ratio is not so good either, especially taking into account that the room is intended for rather longer stays.

Location was perfect, in walking distance from both the Parliament and the rest of the EC buildings (15m walk from the Berlaymont), Better for long stays, where one could appreciate the kitchen amenities of the appartment and the very big space of the living room.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2017

The apartment was very comfortable for a family, but the second building was a bit noisy.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

If you are travelling by car, you have to add the cost of the parking for each night to the cost of the apartment. There is no other way to park around the residence. Even though the staff was very polite, no one had put extra pillow and blanket in the room even though the booking was for 3 (two adults and a child). We had to take them in the reception ourselves.

An appropriate accomodation for a family of 4.

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

I would definitaely stay again. Thanks THon
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

My only issue was the fact that I could hear the plumbing of the building from in my room

The lay out of the room was great. The staff was very helpful when I couldn't find my room key.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

Good choice
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I've got a street oriented room, too noisy in the morning...

Spacious room, very nice bathroom with heater, comfortable bed, kitchen with all necessary equipment and cuttlery. Excellent location, easy accessible by bus/train.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2017

The room was good
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The reseptionist, very rude In the hotel all arabs people I was afraid to go from my room. Any security ! When I call to reseptionist to ask to eat something no body answer me never !

The room was good

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Not unless you have no other choice.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It is extremely noisy. If you're in the 'wrong' block you have pumping gym music + equipment noises from 7 am to 10 pm. There is no insulation between the rooms so you hear everything anyways. The toilet smelt terrible. And the bathroom was dirty: grime in the shower glass, black bits coming off the various taps.

It is well-located and the staff are very nice.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

Good location, service and apartment though cleaniness needs to be improved
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

- facilities are dated, especially bathroom (toilet, bathtub, basin) - safe was locked upon arrival and could only be opened by technicians 2 days later (on Monday, arrived Saturday) - cleanliness needs to be improved, especially in kitchen, appliances, needs more regular and through cleaning, also in bathrooms, floors, everything was a bit scruffy

- location - value for money - space, size of the apartment - staff/receptionist friendly

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Not enough care for details
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It would be good to put a dental kit and shaving kit, among other amenities. It wouldn't be bad to leave in the kitchen some coffee and tea for the guests to have, for free, at least for the first morning. TV was missing CNBC channel, all the BBCs in the world, but no CNBC... The remote control goes a little bit slow. Also, it is very easy to get heat in the living room, while the bedroom remains a little bit cold. The "pay 14.99 euros for breakfast" was a lie, as they do not have a kitchen and will send you instead to a mini-restaurant at the corner of the street. The swimming pool for a fee - is also a lie - only the Renaissance hotel (around the corner) has free access to the World Class club swimming pool.

The apartment is spacious for three persons, so it was super comfy as I was alone. Bed and sheets were comfortable, the kitchen was fully equipped. Very good location, 3min walk from Brussels - Luxembourg train station, basically it is so easy to get there straight from the airport. Close to the city center too, only 4 metro stations until De Broukere.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2017

very central to Brussels with many restaurants and metro...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

no coffee, tea or washing liquid provided so find the Liddle supermarket not too far from the hotel.

very central to Brussels with many restaurants and metro station not too far. The Flat was very big and I was upgraded on arrival, which was a nice gesture. Free bottle of water on arrival. felt at home.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Disapointing.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There was a strong smell of incense in the apartment on arrival. I think it was to disguise the smell of the cooking(?) coming from the neighbours, a large family with several children who seem to live there (they had customized rugs at the door). The children (aged 4? to 6?) were allowed everyday to roam free in the corridors of the building till 1h30 AM screaming (no joke!). It felt more like an airbnb booking in a private building than an aparthotel.

The apartment was well sized and clean, though showing some signs of use. However, the corridor leading to the apartment was filthy. The staff at the reception was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Good value for money, apartment suitable for several people.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The only thing that I did not like is the bath tub. There was black mould around the tub even after the bathroom was cleaned. In general the apartment was very clean.

Great location, quiet and very spacious apartment, comfortable bed. I would have been happy to stay for a few more days.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2017

Poor and profile on booking.com is not accurate and reviews questionable as a result
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

very very noisy. It appears like there are some semi-permanent residents living here. Lots of screaming kids and shouting adults in the corridors until well after midnight. Seemed like there was a family / friends gathering in the adjacent room. No information in the room. No evidence as far as I could see of any breakfast or dining options other than some snack for sale at reception.

room was spacious

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

The location of the hotel is great but ruined by too much noise!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

My old mother who was visiting from out of town stayed at the hotel from Saturday the 23 to Monday the 25th of September, 2017. I called the front desk more than 10 times on the night of the 24 between 10PM and 1AM! I spoke once with a young lady, once with a young man and the rest of times with the night guard. The first two people I spoke with said they will send someone to my room. That never happened! I went downstairs to the reception and complained 3 times in person through the intercom system. I held on to the doorbell and let it ring until finally a staff member came out of the building to talk to me. I'm not proud of it but enough was enough! A staff member came up with me to the first floor and went back downstairs. He did not knock on any doors and just said "the next time they make noise again then he will call the police". I called another 3 times to the reception for the noise. (I only spoke with the staff member the first 5 times because the other phone calls were sent to voicemail). I pounded the door of the woman's room for a good minute or two before until she finally opened the door. The woman ACTED as if she was not understood what I was talking about; she was rude and pointed at the sign on the door and had a conversation with the people that were there. (Some of them were not staying at the hotel!) Every room on the first floor had their own door. In the elevator there is a sign that states "The silent hours are from 10PM until 8:30 AM"! The guests staying on the first floor continued to stay in the hallways talking; leaving room doors open; having children running up and down the hallways making noise (after 10PM, which normally children under the age of 5 are asleep). I complained about the noise. I complained about the fact that you smell cigarette smoke coming from the ventilation systems. Still nothing was done!

The location of the hotel is great. The room was nice even though the room looked like it had not been cleaned in a while. The room was very dusty and some dishes were not clean.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It would have been much better to have a dining table in the kitchen.

Great location, great apartment and great staff. I was with friends and we felt so comfortable. The apartment was homely, felt like at home. Would definitely go there again.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

The rooms were spacious and very clean and nice
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The location wasn't ideal and there was a noise of banging through the wall the whole time we stayed there

The rooms were spacious and very clean and nice

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Quiet, clean and comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff was a little short with us upon a arrival because we had entered the parking garage before checking in. They were more friendly afterward.

Comfortable and spacious apartment with a separate bedroom and 1.5 bathrooms. Nice little balcony overlooking a shared green space. Location is just ok on the weekends; neighborhood shuts down so not a ton of options close by.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Spacious apartment, comfy bed
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The air conditioning was ineffective. The power in bathroom frequently cut out meaning we couldn't use hair dryer. Staff did provide us with a key to use hair dryer on adjacent apartment

Spacious apartment, comfy bed

• Reviewed: June 9, 2017

outdated, smelly and dirty hotel, not suitable for business travel
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

old outdated and smelly corridors, although renovated (actually only new furniture) rather dirty appartement, fungus in the bathroom and really disgusting was the bed, very strong smell of sweat and old matras. Corridor and garage extremely outdated and dirty. Not worth the money 190 euro/night. Hotel mainly used for longer stay. Not advisable for business travel.

location, fairly cheap parking, new furniture (except bed), kitchen, fridge

• Reviewed: June 6, 2017

Don't have too high of an expectation in order not to get disappointed.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We could smell the blankets of having dust. One of the toilette door did not close properly. The kitchen was of good size but missed some basic amenities like salt, sugar, oil, utensil cleaning liquid, tablets for the dishwasher . These were present in other apartment hotel that I have booked thus far. The wardrobe was also not very comfortable. Me and my wife ended up hurting our feet couple of times. We had to keep our kid away from the wardrobe. The door for bathroom and the bedroom also clashed. We had to be careful about that as well. We anticipated the the place for breakfast as advertised will be open. But Sunday and Monday (being bank holiday) was close. We were bit disappointed as this information is not mentioned clearly. Overall I would say it was not nearly the value for money that we spent.

The bed was ok Parking was fine. The restaurants in around 1 - 2 km are good. We had to hunt a little bit.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Excellent location helpfull staff and good value for money
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing really, the only issue we had this trip (we visit regularly) was the Nespresso coffee machine was broken.

The Thon is located close to where my son lives & works so is very convenient. There are a lot of good bars & restaurants in the area and it is easy to walk into the centre.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Room is nice and recently refurbished.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The building is in worst condition that the room itself.

Room is nice and recently refurbished. The gym is really nice and has a swimming pool too. Position is quite good, 10 minutes walk to the city center.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Excellent destination for business trips
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Make sure to stay on the third floor as you can hear gym instructors/classes on the second floor.

Very close to Gare Luxembourg; great gym (more than 2000m2 incl. a swimming pool); all necessary basic kitchen utensiles and appliances.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Definitely to be recommended
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Obviously some other rooms' guests were using the kitchen fan in order to smoke and the odour was coming through to my room. Not very pleasant but honestly not a hotel problem; rather guests' behaviour.

Very good location next to the EU quarter but also walking distance to Louise area, and excellent access to the airport through the Gare du Luxembourg station. Possibility to use a very good 2000 m2 gym (including spa and pool) at the ground floor. Rooms spacious and quiet.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2017

Great apartments, very well-equipped and clean
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The heating did not work. It was maybe 2 degrees warmer in the apartment than outside. The only thing that came out of the air conditioning was cigarette smoke from someone else´s room and that was very unpleasant.

The apartment is very well equipped with modern kitchen appliances, it is spacious, clean, it has all that you need for a short-term stay. The staff is very friendly.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2017

I liked the size and location of the apartment.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It could have been cleaner. It seemed that it had been cleaned in a rush, with a lot of stuff left over in hidden corners, superficial cleaning and furniture not put back in place.

I liked the size and location of the apartment. It was well equipped and comfortable.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Need to fix their heat and electrical.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The heat only worked in the living room. It would only bring the temperature up to 72 degrees however. This was a problem since the rest of the apartment did not have any heat and was freezing - since it snowed! When we informed the front, they told us that there was nothing that could be done until after 11pm! That is not acceptable. Luckily the front desk person was nice and she brought us a space heater. However, this could be a major electrical problem! The dishes in the cupboard were not washed and had to be washed again. This was not the only problem - the other problem was that dish soap or dishwasher detergent was not supplied. Our reservation was for 2 adults and a 6 year old boy. I notified the residence via email at the time of booking that our son was accompanying us and to have the couch bed ready. The couch was not ready. There were sheets under the mattress but the bed was locked in a couch position. When we called to ask how to open the bed, they told us that they would have to charge us for an adult rate if we needed the use of the couch. That is not what is stated in the description. Overall, not a good experience. For the price that we paid, I expected more.

The kitchen was nice. Everything was there that was listed in the entire residents.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2017

Not value for money
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We thought that we book an aparthotel like it was advertised. The unit is located on the local residence on difference building. The heating is not working at all on our first day. We complained to the receptionist but she tell us that their technician is already left and gave us two small heaters. Can you imagine stay on 2 bed rooms apartement during -2 degree celcius with two small heaters for 4 adults and 1 kid? How come that they rated as 4 stars hotel. We stay for two days, no one came to clean the apartement. If you walk barefoot, you could see black marks on your feet. It's too expensive for more than 200 euro per night.

The room is big, new furniture and complete kitchen appliance.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

Nice accommodation - pity about the extra charge
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

This is the first hotel accommodation that I've stayed in that charged extra on check out because we requested a cot for a baby. I could look past the fact that we didn't get a change of towels during the 3 night stay but the extra 25 euro charge was very annoying.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2016

Great place to rest after visiting Brussels
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The TV in the bedroom was removed before our arrival but it was not a big concern for us.

Great place for the price. The 2 bedroom apartment was very spacious and modern. All the appliances were in excellent condition and everything looked very clean. Bus stop and train station conveniently located just steps from the apartment.

• Reviewed: November 23, 2016

Felt like in my own appartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Lack of breakfast in the morning (of course it is appartments .. .so apparently you cook by yourself).

internet was excellent. First time so fast in a hotel

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Fair enough but wasn't like expected.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No cleaning service in 2 days. Had to pay for the 3rd person extra bed when wasn't written on the site (If I book for 3 people where's the 3rd supposed to sleep?) . Gym and pool (had to pay for it) are not in the building. So I wouldn't advertise it like it is.

The position it's good to reach the city center, also a Metro Station close.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2016

Enoughs pace jn the apartment for a family traveling with 2.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We had to pay additional costs which were not specified from the beginning (a sofa for my son which was not comfortable at all... ) For cleaning they need to try harder!!!! And a strange smell was all over the floor

Enoughs pace jn the apartment for a family traveling with 2.kids

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

Worth the money
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Good and tidy hotel with excellent location!

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

Good size of the apartment and staff.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

For a 4 day stay there was no cleaning service .

Good size of the apartment and staff.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Seems the hotel used to be good before but was never maintained after that
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bathrooms weren’t that clean and smelled a lot

The room size and the availability of a sofa bed

Browse Thon Hotel Residence Parnasse Aparthotel Traveler Photo Gallery