Reviews of The Hotel Brussels 4 stars

Boulevard De Waterloo 38, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#19 of 215 hotels in Brussels

I didn't like the open floor plan and the electric curtains opened on their own at 7 and therefore woke us up.

The room was clean and the location was close to the palace and it was very easy to get a taxi. There was also a metro close by and it took a short walk to go to the train station.

• Deluxe Double Room with Lounge Access

This Time I use Sauna and I was disapointed because of smell ;( and dirt in sauna area;( it was sad becuase all pleace in Hotel looks great but this is big minus;(

Like always great people and great pleace

My only issue was lack of cupboard spaces/drawers for my clothes. I was staying by myself and it would have been nice to put socks, tops and underwear into drawers or have more shelves. Ended up going into my luggage to get these regularly. That said, my room are very clean, modern and comfortable. For other people a small iron and ironing board would be great.

Located close main sites in Brussels and readily accessible transport (metro, trams, buses, train stations) if required. Rooms have plenty of light and can be reduced with the electrical control system. Really nice buffet breakfast. Excellent cafes, restaurants and clothing stores around the hotel and not far from the hotel. Staff were really friendly and helpful.

Love the rooms, love the view and overall just always have a great time experience at this hotel! They always have great customer service and try their best to accommodate. I would highly recommend this hotel.

The hotel bar is very expensive. However it's such a nice hotel it's to be expected and the cocktails were phenomenal.

Rooms are gorgeous. Location is pretty good. 20 min walk to Grand Place or you can catch a tube or tram from just down the street. We were on the 19th floor and the views were unreal. I mentioned when booking that it was my boyfriends birthday trip and they left him some sweet treats which I thought was great.

Bathroom was deeply strange - translucent doors, not a lot of privacy! And only one door that swings back and forth between toilet and shower, so you can only close one at once. Strange set-up, would have preferred 2 doors you can't see through!

Lovely hotel, great service from staff and beautiful views over Brussels. The bedroom wasn't huge but was very comfortable, good-sized bed and nice window seat. Have stayed before and would stay again

• Junior Suite with Lounge Access

We had access to the lounge on the 21st floor, in which we used every morning for breakfast and every evening for drinks. It was supposed to be open until 10 PM, but closed every night around 7-8 pm.

This hotel was one of the best we've ever stayed in! The room was a junior suite and we were pleasantly surprised on how big and roomy it was and the view was the absolute best! I highly recommend!

For the asked price, the breakfast package does include such essential items as omelette, fried eggs, or even Belgian waffles!

Perfect location and a wonderful view from the windows! Good gym and sauna facilities. Hi-tech rooms and bathroom. Comfortable bedding.

• Superior Corner Double Room

The room is small even it is already a Deluxe room. You can not get the fresh air because the window is sealed maybe for safety reason.

The Hotel is located in a very elegant area of the city , not far away (walk-able distance)from the historic center. In this street you can also find many prestigious luxury brands. It is quiet and not chaotic at all. The breakfast is with a very good quality. The panoramic lounge is a must-try option.

I really didn't find anything that was not good.

The hotel is located in a perfect location. The cleanliness is amazing. Staff is super helpful. I will go back again definitely.

Absolutely Nothing!

The location was perfect. It was located at one of high end locations of Brussels. The staff was extremely friendly and let us check in early and did not have to wait at all after a long trip. The room was clean and a perfect size for me and my friend. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels to Brussels! It was extremely popular...everyone knew The Hotel, Brussels!!!

• Superior Twin Room

Restaurant could not accommodate all guests for breakfast. The water in the bathtub/shower was running so slowly that it took me half an hour to draw a bath.

There was nothing wrong with the breakfast as such, but there was not room for everyone in the restaurant so I had to start eating my breakfast standing up. Not worth 20€ IMO.

• Superior Corner Double Room

Really pleasant experience. We live in Brussels but I wanted to treat my partner to a birthday surprise, so we opted for a night in The Hotel. We were given a nice, comfortable room, and the staff had even provided a box of birthday biscuits + card for my partner, which we found super thoughtful. Breakfast offers a varied buffet and the breakfast area is bright and pleasant. Short but sweet, really enjoyed our stay.

The room was not very clean I found a big stain on the floor. Also there was no shower cap

The staff were very helpful they change my room when I asked as the room they gave me was overlooking the back of the hotel

• Superior Twin Room

The breakfast was poor, not many options, but good coffee

Pretty luxury. I enjoyed a lot having a Nespresso machine and complementary capsules in the room.

• Superior Twin Room

The queuing for check-in.

The hotel looks very luxurious and nice! Very close to the metro station, although it is quite easy and quick to reach the city center on foot! The area around the hotel is nice, with many fashion boutiques and jewelry stores (not many restaurants and cafes). There is a gym for the guests and a sauna. The sauna was a bit crowded and I couldn't use it. Overall clean room with complimentary drinks! I would stay again!

I was charged twice. I prepaid on Booking.com, was told at checkout that the prepayment that I showed proof of was an erroneous message. I now see on my credit card that I have paid both prepayment and the room again at checkout. Unprofessional. Basically it happened a week ago and i have not been refunded. Last time I stay.

Our bathroom toiletries, coffee and mini-bar were not topped up by housekeeping.

The room was very comfortable, a good size with a decent bed. The location was excellent.

The staff on check in and check out were not the friendliest. However the concierge was very helpful. No full length mirror in the room.

The view from the room was amazing with the controlled shutters a nice touch. Free mini bar was also good.

• Superior Twin Room

The only thing disappointing was the lounge. The drinks and snacks were free, but the space itself was lacking atmosphere, a bit cold.

Beautiful hotel at a perfect location. Lovely room with a nice view of the city. Great service and nice personnel. Very nice restaurant with good breakfast.

No mirror in bedroom Too little milk and coffee pods for coffee machine

Free mini bar. Easy to use light switches, air con, curtain open/closing View fantastic

• Superior Twin Room

At times the elevator reacted a little slow to the button being pushed

Amazing breakfast with lots of variation. The hotel was very clean and calm. It was ultra-modern with still a hint of a traditional feel.

The bathroom and the restroom are the same door so you can only close one room! It’s special but in a weird kind of way.

Breakfast, view and the decorations are beautiful!

The bathroom and toilet shared a door. So you couldn't privately use both at the same time. i got the impression the hotel catered more for solo eurocrats and other business travelers than couples. I would consider an upgrade form the deluxe room next time if that solved the bathroom issue.

Views from the room and from the sauna were incredible. The location was great for all of Brussels attractions and the bed was one of the most comfortable we had ever slept in.

All is fine!

The hotel was refurbished, renovated and now it looks great inside. Bathroom is clean and modern, bed is very confortable and cushions suit me very well. Big refrigerator in the room and ice making machine on each floor. The view from the window was to the city. Staff is quite helpful and very fast servicing us. Breakfast was amazing and huge assortment of meals in comparison with other hotels in Brussels where I stayed before.

• Superior Corner Double Room

The property was amazing - room was very clean and comfortable Great location - easy to find and access There was a huge variety of things to choose from for breakfast Would definitely go back to this hotel if I had a chance

Nothing I can mention of

Inner arrangements of the room are spectacular, there are lots of designer stores close by, and not far away from the royal museum.

No family room, and needed 2 rooms which were not connected for family stay.

Stylish hotel with specious room with great view. Bottled waters and beer in the minibar was complimentary! I liked the Nespresso machine in the room. There was a beautiful park just behind the hotel, and we had brunch at the cafe La Fabrique in the park. Probably a perfect hotel for business or couples.

Bad thing is that breakfast is not included - something rather strange for a 4-star hotel

One of the beast hotel I’ve ever stayed at! Lovely building with great views and modern decoration and style; very friendly and helpful staff and 10/10 comfort! Location was perfect too.

• Deluxe Double Room with Lounge Access

The very heavy smell of detergents on the corridors esp in the morning when the cleaning crew is out.

Great and easy streaming from laptop/iPad to TV ! Finally a hotel that is up-to-date

Breakfast is ok, but could use more variety (e.g. fruit selection is quite poor). I find the hotel a bit overpriced, but not too much.

I usually stay at this hotel when in Brussels - just the right location for business and pleasure, nice and clean rooms, free drinks in the minibar, solid gym, quick check-in and check-out. The staff is helpful and friendly. A nice business hotel, you don't really need more.

• Superior Twin Room

It was a chilly night and i couldn't warm up the room very well.

Very various , fresh, attractive opening hours by breakfast. Complementary mini bar, super fitness with sauna, friendly professional staff.

Not a clean hotel in overall. Lobby and bar areas never vacuumed. Tables with previous guests' leftovers. Bar with a view of a parking lot totally unacceptable. They tidy the rooms/ bathrooms but not dust them or vacuum them. With 6 degrees outside we had to fight and yell to the reception for us to have heating in the room. They sent the "wrong" as they said technician who said the heating in our room was not working properly and they told us to move to another room. They put us in a much smaller room, where the heating was not working again. There was not even toilet paper in the bathroom or shower gel since they do not check rooms before guests arrive. Clients having booked via booking.com seem to not be considered as "their" clients. The view of the room was through the back of the hotel where you cannot see the Palais du Justice. Would not recommend this hotel. Tourism and the hospitality business need a lot of work, dedication and caring for other peoples needs even if you do not agree with them. Please do not reply to this review with your usual "copy/ paste" reply.

Not a great variety for cooked breakfast especially as a vegetarian

We arrived early (7am) check in wasn’t until 3pm but the staff allowed us to check in when we arrived. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. The blinds were brilliant as the provided a total blackout.

Eventually a lot of people who stay in this hotel are dressed up nicely etc. I am an entrepreneur and sometimes very casually dressed. People at reception were looking at us as we cant afford to stay there. Based on their expressions and the way how they talked to us, i could see a very judgmental behavior.

basically nothing

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel accidentally charged me for a room when it was already taken care of. Took a while to eventually get a refund.

Breakfast great, facilities good and clean, rooms are spacious and beds very comfortable

• Superior Corner Double Room

the corner room on the fifth floor turned out to have the view at the busy road and provided no sound proof (both from outside or from inside), was super noisy during night until 5 am

croissans

Breakfast was not up to dtandard. Coffee machine which produced lousy capuccino. Unacceptable. We stayed 2 nights. The second night we decided to take the breakfast in the garden of the fabrique. Half the price and super capucino!

The Business Lounge, for what I paid, could have proved a bit more, including computer setups like they have in the Lobby area. The breakfast setup was awesome, but slim pickings there after during the rest of the day until it closed at 22:00, a bit too early I might add, especially for late travelers.

Location and price were both very good, especially given the quality of the hotel.

1. The breakfast spread was fairly limited. Maybe would not have written it for other hotel, but this one increased our expectation. The view from the breakfast area was beautiful though. 2. Unfortunately the view from my room was not very good 3. Not very big rooms but more than sufficient

1. Lovely hotel 2. Helpful staff 3. Good Wifi speed 4. Closeby areas are nice and happening 5. Metro and tram stations were close by - Louis. You can consider taking a full day travel pass too, for Euro 7.5

• Deluxe Corner Double Room with Lounge Access

Great views over the city, easy access to shops, sights, metro station. Confortable room. But the views are really the number one asset of this hotel, so make sure you book a higher floor room and enjoy !

Parking was way too expensive €35 for 24hrs. Express check out through tv was NOT quick so did it at reception.

Mini bar was free, but not a true mini, 1 coke,beer a bottle of still & fizzy water pluse some herbal drink. They get replenished everyday.

• Superior Corner Double Room

Semi open bathroom is still a bit strange to me. Apple TV pairing didn't always work great. Internet relies on password with your surname, but didn't work great in my case (not a big problem because I just tethered my phone).

Nicely renovated (used to be the Hilton); great lounge; nice beds. Bathroom facilities very good. Sauna and spa quite nice (lovely view over Brussels from Sauna).

I asked for an empty plate to be delivered to my room and they brought me a bill with 5 euros to be paid for that empty dish !!!

The bed is very comfortable and the room is very quite

• Deluxe Double Room with Lounge Access

- no or unfriendly service - hilarious 35€ for parking when parking on the opposite of the hotel is a free from 18.00-9.00 or 14,90 € per day - lounge is only open til 10pm and yes they throw you out. Also the service could be improved - the breakfast is too expensive ( even if it was included in our price) and not worth the price .The warm dishes ( scrambled milky eggs , fatty meatballs , fatty sausage and mushrooms or tomatoes ) are all too cold. There is a self service coffee machine. Four different fruit juices . The fresh fruits (apple , pear and orange ) are okay but the fruit salad is a disappointment because it only has the already told fruits in it. There is no Nutella - only a chocolate cream which I didn’t like at all. The service is attentive. If you want to have an omelette or a pancake / waffle ( the food they are famous for) they charge you extra. Considering the price you pay things like this should be included. (27€)

- the view - the gym - the location

• Superior Corner Double Room

We slept in a corner room on the 9th floor at the street side. Please be aware that it is very noisy at night. Also, our neighbours on the 10th floor had children who we could hear running through their room both days.

Staff at the reception at checkout were very rude and unprofessional, with is but also ith other clients we noticed. Very bad representation of an otherwise wonderful hotel, staff is definitely not up to par. We had breakfast delivered to our room, for 2 so at 27 euros per break fast plus the 15 euro x 2 for room service breakfast was almost 80€ butter was missing coffee/ cappuccino was undrinkable etc. Very disappointing, especially since the evening before we dined at the restaurant which was delicious and the waiters were friendly and efficient.

Room with a fabulous view, modern clean and welcoming The sauna with the amazing view Very nice restaurant

There was no door between the bed and the bathroom, was strange

Great spa, lovely bar and very gentle staff ! One of the best hotels in Brussels ! Parking is a must

I was surprised that we didn't have water in the room at least as a welcome present the bar was totally empty. I believe for this type of hotel standard the parking should be for free. The sauna and the steam room was not working properly. the toilette and the bathroom lack privacy left out for design purpose I believe.

Very clean and spacious, quality furniture and features in the room. A lot of services provided sauna, the facilities en general was smelling very good.

Reception staff were professional but not the friendliest - did not feel welcomed at check in and check out. No one helped with the bags upon my arrival.

Great location - very central and lively, and a short and pleasant walk to the old part of town. Room was of a good size and the bed was comfortable. The complimentary candy and flavoured water at the lobby was a delightful touch!

Excellent room. Good Facilities. The room and an excellent view of the city. the staff was friendly and took good care at check in, room service and check out. Good experience.

I liked everything.

I liked everything. Free and good internet, free spa, free room minibar, nice room and bath, good breakfast and very professional service by experiente and kind people..

• Superior Corner Double Room

The staff were a bit unwelcoming..

The hotel was very modern and clean.We stayed in a corner room at the 16th floor and either the room and the view were both very beatiful.The location was also good enough,you can reach to the center in 10-15 mins by foot,or you can also get the metro option.The breakfast was also quite enough and during the day there was always taxi at the entrance which was also a bonus.

• Superior Corner Double Room

Lovely view from the 21st floor. Very clean room, nice and comfortable. Friendly staff at reception at check in. Breakfast was nice, though would have preferred more fruit options.

There is a good coffee machine in the room however only one coffee cup. I asked for a second one but it never came. When I selected the short coffee, I was expecting it to stop automatically so continued to get ready. The cup overflowed because you have to manually stop it.

Check-in and checkout were very efficient. The ambiance in the reception/public area was very good. The layout of the bedroom was excellent with great views of the city. There is a gym on the 23rd floor. The equipment and the views while working out are outstanding. The bar area is very nice as well. I will definitely stay here again.

The service and staffs attitude (after check in I have to say) was shocking, the bar service and restaurant service was comparable to trying to obtain a drink in a desert and the overall service fell extremely short for the rating of this hotel... the facilities (excluding the shocking upgrade option that is not value for money were good) but the service was similar to a 2 star property...

Great location and facilities were good...

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. Our 1st visit was absolutely perfect but now it was close to disaster. It started with very unfriendly and amateur staff. At reception we've waited them to match the price with the booking.com's confirmed rate after coming a long way.... we've waited too long and nearly argued about the room rate and city tax total with the staff and without any apologies (even though it was their system's problem) we headed to our room and also we were asked to come back to reception next morning :))) (they even said that we might have to pay the city tax twice if they can't correct the total in the system. shocking right?) In our 1st stay, room was very clean but now it was all dusty, from the table to nespresso machine... There were yellow stains under the toilet seat. I'm so glad that we had cleaning wipes and cleaning gloves with us (it's good to be prepared while travelling. if a hotel is not very clean you know that even when you ask them to clean your room, the way they clean won't be proper as you wish)

Positive feedbacks we can give; bed and pillows were comfy and our view from the room was very nice.

Door of the room was not workin. They had to come and open 3 times. I had to go to reception 3 more. Once the batteries. Once the key . Once something else.. Breakfast was poor.

The location . Had to go to a reception in Steigenberger Wiltcher’s very convenient.

• Superior Twin Room

the room gets cooler at night, İ d like to keep it warm all night but i couldnt there is only soft pillow for bed, there should be also a hard-type pillow option for that kind of lovers. slipper is a necessity

İ liked the location of the hotel, bed was very comfortable,quality of the shampoo given by otel is good, rooms are big enough, a good smell starting from the enterance of the hotel, staff is kind, toilets are clean.

The staff (during check in and especially room service) could show more enthusiasm, genuine friendliness and add a smile. Also came across a bit pretentious. The spa area needs trash bins and much more attention - it was extremely messy for a Wednesday evening. Whilst it is great to offer complimentary water and apples in the spa, it should be considered to add bins for people to throw away the leftovers. There were used towels, tissues, some trash and empty bottles everywhere in the spa and the (female)changing room. It was a shock when entering...Upon calling Reception to inform them about the mess, they sent someone up within minutes to clean up. Also, sauna area should have signs to remind guests to use towels on the wood. There were many couples and barely anyone used a towel...

Very nice scent everywhere in the hotel. Great view from the room. Room design very modern, warm and comfortable! Super cosy bed and pillows. Complimentary mini bar beverages! The general idea of having a modern spa area with sauna, hammam, resting room. The spa is on the 23rd floor and the sauna offers a really cool view over the city!!complimenteay water and health drinks, apples in the fitness room and spa area! The room service food was very tasty and their reinvention of some ingredients of the classical cesars salad was very smart and delicious! I wish they would have offered more fire after 11pm as the late-room-service choice was limited to 4/5 classical dishes. Would have loved to try the other ones..

Genuinely couldn't fault the hotel. If I had to mention something that could have been better (but is beyond their control) the location is the tiniest bit further away from the tourism centre.

The staff were outstanding, accommodating, helpful and courteous. They arranged a little gift for my wife as it was her birthday, and made us feel so welcome. They certainly gave tge impression that nothing was too much trouble.

- About spa treatment: there is no waiting room per say, hence a customer does not know when/where therapists would pick them up... While my wife and I made efforts to be in advance to fully enjoy our treatment, we ended up starting late and did not make up for the time lost - The temperature in the toilet is very cold, and could not be adjusted during our stay. Still, above points are minor and we overall highly recommend this hotel for a romantic weekend getaway!

Excellent stay overall! Free upgrade for my wife's birthday (very much appreciated). Ideal location, easy public parking right next to the hotel Spacious room, with prime view over the park and Waterloo Boulevard Quick and easy check-in, and Express Check-out from our room through TV function Excellent services offered: spa treatment, in-room breakfast

• Superior Twin Room

An additional coffee or two (plus milk) would not have gone astray.

Loved the room and the view over the city. Loved the bed and the spa access. Also loved the free minibar

• Superior Twin Room

the check-in personnel was not particularly gentle. I asked a couple of questions the morning after my check-in and they didn't know the answer, so I figured out by myself. The light in the corridors, at least on my floor, is low and not comfortable.

the location (which I selected on purpose). the room is comfortable. Food at the restaurant good, but with very limited choice.

the internet did not function very well. The restaurant was not available at that evening. You should inform the guests before arrival.

the saff and the location

Noisy. It's easy to hear other rooms, especially when they take a shower or bath. Small spots of black fungus on the bath edge. The bed/matrass (room 716) needs replacing, it's very comfortable. Room service is not cheap and was of average quality. No entertainment system to speak of: you're supposed to be able to watch YouTube from the TV if you want a movie, but that didn't work. Wi-Fi is free and works for some devices like my laptop but doesn't for others like my phone. Like most hotels, very dry air.

Clean enough and nice location with regards to the center. It is close to tram, subway and rent-a-bike. Also has a private parking which is insanely expensive though nice. Also close to things like Apple store, Gucci store, etc. if you like that kind of thing.

Some staff were really rude and unpleasant, I had this experience when going to breakfast and checking out. Other members of staff were amazing and really helpful, I guess I was unlucky. This wasnt enough to make me not want to return as everything else was great.

The hotel was really nice with a great view. Really clean and the location was great

My friend and I were going receiving some guests in the room the next day, and so we asked for 2 extra chairs. We went down to reception desk, but one young receptionist’s supervisor was very, very unprofessional. He kept saying no to all our requests as simple as they were. He said we’d have to pay 250€ to get the chairs. Yes, that’s right, unbelievable. So not only was he unhelpful but he also was so unprofessional that you would wonder what exactly he’s doing in the hospitality sector. We eventually got the 2 chairs the following day as he wasn’t on duty.

Lovely weekend at "The Hotel", the hotel is very elegant looking and the staff was very kind. The rooms are clean and quite large, the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was amazing! Even got a nice little birthday gift :) Highly recommended.

Parking is a bit pricy at 35 euros for 24 hours, cheaper alternatives exist in the local area

Good quality hotel, spacious and stylish room, free mini bar, great location with walking distance to all of the local main areas. Good gym, no swimming pool for anyone that likes that

• Superior Corner Double Room

- Breakfast - very small team at breakfast, so tables are waiting dirty while guests are waiting to sit and have breakfast.

- The Rooms - Cleanliness - location

The parking fee of 35€ a day is ridiculous. We parked directly across the street in underground parking for 15€ a day. On Sunday and holidays street parking directly in front of the hotel was free. Breakfast for 27€ was out of the question. The hotel caters to people that have more money than common sense.

Beautiful rooms. Very large for European rooms

Nothing, surprisingly perfect hotel in Brussels.

Excellent urban hotel, good rooms, nice amenities (free drinks in minibar, Bigelow products, free nespresso machine with capsules in room, etc)

Sängen var otroligt skön. Själv är jag inte så förtjust i "allt-i-ett" rum där dusch och handfat finns inne i rummet, men det är en vanesak. Frukosten är inte värd nästan 30€...då förväntar jag mig inte konserverad frukt i sockerlag. Kaffet var dock fantastiskt gott och läget oslagbart, med hela stan utanför dörren.

The question was what didn’t I like. It was fantastic in all aspects. Everyone was so helpful from the second we walked through the door til we left. Will 100% be visiting this hotel again. We upgraded our room when we arrived at the recommendations of your staff which included breakfast and use of the 24th floor lounge. Amazing hotel amazing staff and thank you x I so recommend asking about the upgrade offer.

Browse The Hotel Brussels traveller photo gallery