Reviews of Village de Vacances de Vencimont

6.0

5.1

5.7

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

The accommodation itself was in desperate need of renovation! The place smelt damp and had damp patches on the walls. The grout in the bathroom was black due to mildew and although the place was relatively clean, the state of the decor, made the place appear dirty and unclean. The facilities were in the cabin were basis and although it was supposed to accommodate 6 people, there was a table and 4 chairs, a sofa bed and a patio chair which was broken, so had there been 6 people, there would have been nowhere for everyone to sit. We were very disappointed with the accommodation, as it was not cheap, however the price was not reflected in the quality that we received. I had read the feedback that others had posted about the place, and I do not always take some of the comments into consideration, however in this case, the feedback is completely justified and improvements are required to ensure that the accommodation is fit for purpose!

The location of the accommodation was lovely, cabins well spaced apart and situated in the forest. It was incredibly quiet and peaceful, the surroundings were lovely.

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

There was no place for an outdoor fire. We would have liked a fire pit! Also, we didn’t like the fact that you pay for your water and utilities on top of the cost of the rental. We are waiting to see what the final bill will be.

The location was fabulous and the play ground was AMAZING! A great place to congregate with friends for a camp like adventure.

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

The extra charges! It wasn't possible to book just one night so we booked 2 but then there were quite a few extra charges- the worst was the 49 euro cleaning fee! Especially since we emptied the trash and left it clean and tidy. There was also an extra charge for linens and towels- extra to the cleaning fee! Without these extra fees I would be happy to go back. Best deal is to book for 3 nights.

Great kids playground and open space

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

The whole family were not very happy as firstly the bunglow smelt of cigarettes (I booked non-smoking), over the days this caused chest pains as I have asthma. The advert does mention no linen so watch out for when you see matresses full off hair , this made me sick. Take your own sleeping bags if you do stay here. There were six of us , one bunk bed , one double bed and a very dirty , grimy sofa which I assume converted to a double bed ( Instead I squeezed two kids in one single bunk). As an adult I slept on the top bunk as it was insecure and dangerous for a child as the barrier was very short and moved out of place. I wish it was cleaner to stay in as you have to pay 49 Euros for a cleaner! Feel ripped off.

Good points to mention about my stay with my younger children was that there was a park a short distance from our bunglow, the kids enjoyed it when it was not raining. The woods made it fun for the kids. You must have a car to enjoy the activities which may include kayaking, visiting caves (try park de Furooz , good value for money). There is so much to do, don't forget to pick tourist information at reception when you get there as they close and open at particular times . The electric only costed almost 7 Euros for the four nights. I was happy I had a barbecue there , just had to buy my own coal. Place is equipped with all cutlery but you need to be prepared and bring your own cleaning products. The cooker was quick to heat up food which what we needed when we came back after enjoying our days out.

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Independant

Not so clean, comfort very basic (beds not comfortable for adults, kitchen only electric stove and microwave).

Nice environment in the middle of the woods.

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

Cabin had a very musty smell that was hard to shift. Playground was very tired looking and needs some work (and this was the ONLY recreational option open for kids). I understand a lot of hidden costs, but extra costs to switch the fridge and the lights on????? Really????? Lack of air conditioning was uncomfortable.

If you want to get away from it all (and I mean from it ALL) then the location is good.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

The fridge missed parts, there were no cleaning products, a lamp was broken, the door handle to the bathroom was loose, there was mold on the wall, there were 'white stains' on the double bed (adults will understand). The blankets that were with the bed were so dirty I would rather sleep in my clothes. I still didn't list everything here (like the personnel), I'm glad we drove back home 45 minutes after arrival.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

The beds were not comfortable. Very poor kitchen facilities. They charge 35 euro for a final cleaning but the house was not very clean when we arrived.

Nice location, near the forest. Quiet place good to relax.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Semi Detached

The cabin was very damp. We had to wash everything that had been in the cabin because the smell of mould was overwhelming when we got home. In addition, my partner, who suffers from allergies, reacted very badly to it. It was a very wet weekend when we were there but a course of damp-proofing is probably needed!

Excellent and helpful staff, very friendly. Lovely children's play area in the woods

Very tired Facilities not maintained Equipment limited

Lodges spread out nicely amongst woods

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Independant

bathroom could be better, beds were either not so comfortable

surrounding area was just great, really quiet and relaxing

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Two-Bedroom Bungalow - Independant

Not clean .charges for utilities too much not towels burnt beds smoke smell

Landscape

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

170€ for one night's stay seems exhorbitant for what the establishment offered : a dingy hut without toilet paper, soap or dish soap. Also be mindful of the fact that electricity is not included in the initial fee. If you are travelling with small children, the petting farm is not on the premises, but a 20 minute drive from the location.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2015

the house was dated and very dirty,beds where sponge not matrass uncomfortable.door did not shut properly and the extra price for elec and water was 52 euro thats alot for one week.left the property cleaner than when arriving

the area was lovely

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Very poor infrastructure. Dirty beds. No television or Wifi.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

The peace and quiet the whole area is beautiful.

There are also 9 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.