Reviews of Warwick Brussels - Grand Place 5 stars

Rue Duquesnoy 5, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#59 of 215 hotels in Brussels

• Classic Queen Room

The breakfast are plentiful but nothing suitable for Chinese. While there are some eggs but all raw. Need to boil by myself. Why not boiled well for guest? I did not know it so the first egg was raw once I opened it. The 2nd egg I boiled in hot water, but maybe another guest who also boiling egg, changed the place of mine, then after 15 minutes the 2nd egg once I opened it was still raw. It is pity I failed to get a egg but I wasted 2 eggs.

Good receiption service, good Location, nice room.

• Classic Queen Room

the streets outside our room were quite noisy. granted: it was world cup time. the people in the streets didn't bother us, but the trucks emptying the glass container at 7 am were responsible for a harsh wake-up on Monday morning

- friendly and helpful staff, even though they seemed to be stressed - very comfortable bed - nice bar with a great selection of local and international beers and spirits - great location (2min from Grand Place, 2min from the train station) - got a free upgrade

• Classic Twin Room

Perfectly located near the Cenral station and a 3 minute walk to the city centre. The hotel was beautiful and the staff very helpful. The breakfast was brilliant so much choice you can’t go wrong.

Everything was great

The staff was amazing: there were helpful and respectful. Also the location is great since it is close to everything but still quiet.

• Classic Twin Room

The breakfast buffet was poorly stocked and I had to ask for it to be topped up. I also had to wait for a member of staff to clear a table for us to sit at even though the restaurant meet and greet just said to sit any where when we were at the door. That is not 5 star. They should have greeted and seated. The range of items was not as the photos on the property detail suggested. Again that's not 5 star. The room whilst small was adequate. I would suggest that they offer complimentary water as most 5 stars do.

Location and check in staff were exceptional. The concierge staff are very noligable.

• Premium Queen Room

Nothing it was perfect would recommend it to all my family and friends that will travel to Brussells in the near future.

It was close to everything, the staff were exceptional and friendly every staff member that we dealt with could speak our language and that it self make our stay easier we will be coming back to Brussells in 2yrs and we will be staying there again. Keep up the good work.

• Classic Queen Room

Water drainage in the bathroom was not so good.

Location is perfect, very close to both Brussels Midi Station and Grand-Place. Breakfast was also very nice.

• Premium Queen Room

no english breakfast tea in room!

Very welcoming and friendly female reception staff who did everything to make our birthday celebration great. Room service very helpful

• Classic Twin Room

The proximity to the central railway station and to the city centre is very good. With the airport shuttle very easy to reach, and with the metro station well connected to town.

• Premium Queen Room

The restaurant that is serving lunch and dinner is not really what we expected. The food is not a good value for the money we paid. But the staff was very helpful.

It is a great value for the money we had paid. Perfect located in the real heart of the city, comfortable room, with a very nice wooden furniture and a great view. We really enjoy our breakfast, the food was delicious.

• Classic Twin Room

There was nothing to dislike

The staff were very helpful and cheerful as always. The breakfast was superb in it's variety of choice and presentation, I asked for and received a room with lots of natural day light which was spacious and comfortable. the location is superb.

• Premium Queen Room

Shower gel was not replenished on day two - fortunately not a problem and I did not need to comment at the time.

Warm welcome and helpful staff at ALL times.

• Classic Queen Room

It is nice and pleasant with no issues but for the price I was expecting much nicer. Bar was very expensive.

Location is amazing, bed is very comfortable and staff were helpful for everything.

• Classic Twin Room

Everything was excellent. One of the best hotels in Brussels! Very nice and clean, very close to the city center and great hospitality.The staffs were very kind and helpful. Overall, it was an awesome experience and definitely worth it to come back.

• Premium Queen Room

Rather dated inside. Breakfast is overpriced for what it is. Suggest going outside for a €3 waffle

Great location for anyone wanting to see the Grand Place and other central sites. Comfortable room. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Really good service in every area. The front staff were particularly helpful when I was trying to find the baggage ticket and needing a taxi.

• Premium Twin Room

Shower area is dirt with soap, wall looks like never been clean. Dust on the side table made me cough all night.

Hotel is close to tourist attraction. Good security system.

Nothing to say here. All was good.

This hotel is excellent overall and is in a very good location in the city center near to the Grand-Place. It’s also near the Brussels Centraal train station. Lots of restaurants, shops and cafes nearby. The room is comfortable with all the amenities you’d expect. WiFi worked well. We liked the added security of only being able to go to your hotel room floor on the elevator with your room key. Your room key allows elevator access to your floor only. The hotel was elegant and quiet but yet, near to all the action at night.

• Classic Queen Room

Excellent customer service. We were welcomed with a smile. Our luggage was carried for us. Car parked for us .The breakfast was amazing. There was a lot of variety to choose from. Very cr

• Premium Twin Room

Had requested a smoking room, which we'd had on three previous visits, but were not told before arrival that this was no longer available

Staff and location. Plus no problem to have a late check out at 5pm

• Classic Twin Room

Stood in line for check-in for about 20 minutes. You have to sign up for a free membership in their club in order to get free wifi.

Spacious and clean room. The hotel is a very short walk from Grand Place and Brussels Central Stations. A good selection of restaurants nearby. Friendly housekeeping staff.

• Premium Queen Room

Welcome screen on the TV in the room displays a beautiful terrasse with amazing views of the city and you expect it to be a rooftop bar. But upon enquiry, you are told that this is the terrasse for the royal - extremely expensive - suite on the top floor and that this is not for the other guests. I must confess that it creates an unnecessary frustration. I would have preferred not to see it at all. But I agree this is very minor in a largely satisfying stay.

Exceptional location. Quite friendly staff and good comfort.

• Classic Queen Room

I don't really like English water taps (separate cold and hot water), so that was a bit of a bummer when we saw our bathroom, but one can get used to it. As other said they pre-authorize 50% extra for accidentals, which can be a bit pricey (depending on your length of stay), so something to be prepared for. (The amount was released 2 days later, so it wasn't a biggy for us)

The location is just perfect, it's on the edge of the inner city center, the main square is like 3 minutes walk, the central station is 5 mins, the Delirium Cafe is 10 minutes at most. Our room was well sized for our needs, it was tidy, the bathroom was spacious. They had English TV channels which was great to catchup with the news. Even though the breakfast was a bit pricey, the quality was superb; we had everything we could ask for: cold cuts, cheeses, salmon, scrambled and boiled eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, crispy bacon, sausages, waffles, pancakes, croissants etc.

• Classic Queen Room

The staff were professional, but almost to the point of being cold.

The property is beautiful, with a great location for tourists. Convenient with a bar and restaurant. The room was very nicely appointed and quite comfortable. The entire facility was very clean.

• Classic Twin Room

This place was immaculate! Absolutely beautiful and we felt like we were living in a fairy tale room. Looking outside the window, we had a lovely view of cobblestone streets and part of grand place! The beds were cozy and the location was amazing. Would LOVE to stay here again!

• Classic Queen Room

Great location, the room was brilliant and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. The staff couldn’t of been more helpful, and our flight was delayed a couple of hours and they offered us the use of showers and facilities to freshen up.

• Premium Queen Room

Though the room was dark and dingy, what leads me to writing a bad review is that there was a power outage when I stayed here. The power outage started at 10:00 pm and lasted until 1:00 am. I think the hotel was the only building impacted by this. The hotel staff upon checkout were not very accommodating about it, and did not apologize or mention it. It was extremely inconvenient.

Service was OK checking in. Large room.

• Classic Twin Room

I only stayed for one night but the location helped me see a lot of Brussels. The staff were super nice and helped us with all of our requests. The rooms were super cute.

• Premium Queen Room

Interior dated, signs of wear and tear in the room carpet and skirting boards. Bizarly I could only actually get all the lights off to sleep by going to the main switch at the room door and so had to then walk back to the bed in the dark. Might have been me missing something myself but I am a relatively frequent traveller and never had a problem before.

Room was clean, bed was excellent and the hotel was quiet despite being right in the heart of the city. Staff very friendly and breakfast was also excellent.

• Premium Queen Room

This was the third time I had stayed at this hotel and whenever I left I knew I would come back. Now I am not sure. The hotel has not changed, the location is still excellent, the breakfast and the items of the minibar are still overpriced, the cleaning ladies still don’t speak English (no problem, I know I should brush up my French). The remote of the tv did not work this time but I hardly ever watch TV so I did not really care. My problem is that it is not a 5-star hotel. The rooms are too small, the furniture, the carpet is outdated, the bathroom is ok but not a luxurious one, and I might try other 5 star hotel next time in Brussels. I’m not sure, however, because Warwick has the best staff, even they could not provide cream for my cappuccino (I know it’s strange but this is a 5-star hotel, isn’t it?).

• Classic Queen Room

I left this hotel this morning after a 3 nights stay. I'll start with the wake up call which I requested personally at the reception to back up my mobile alarm. That never happened. The cleaning staff is so slow. Every day my room was not cleaned until the late afternoon and as I returned to the hotel to take a siesta and then I put the 'do not disturb' sign, my room was not cleaned for my entire 3 nights stay. The room service card says orders can be made until 22:00. Last night I called at 21:45 and I was told that the kitchen is closed and I can order a pizza and that it would take 40 minutes to deliver. I agreed and I asked for the price and the amazing answer I received was : I don't know the price. Needless to say that I didn't have pizza last night. And the doors: The doors actually look very new but they are almost impossible to shut and it takes so much energy and noise to close them and you can hear every neighbor struggles with them throughout the night. The location is great, the bed is comfortable but this is not enough. I will not return to this hotel again

• Classic Twin Room

Horribel AC, the facilities are hardly worth there stars, the gym are just ås Most hotel gyms nothing more then a few cardio equiptments and a low weight dumbell or two

Friendly straff and obv a great location

• Classic Queen Room

The breakfast was extra cost (22 Euros); when we visited all of the tables were either filled with dishes or taken by other customers. Had to sit in far area from food location. Seemed really busy but not too much pick-up of used dishes and plates on tables. Breakfast service was minimal.

The location was close to everything - restaurants/shops/main market/5 minutes or less from train station. The hotel/rooms where clean and staff was very professional. Dinner recommendations given by concierge were excellent.

• Classic Queen Room

The shower felt a bit small.

The bed was very comfortable. The room service was quick. We really liked the location as it was convenient to walk to shops and restaurants close by.

• Classic Queen Room

This was our third vist to this hotel and we keep going back to this lovely hotel as you get to stay in a wonderful luxury hotel in a great location with great staff at a very reasonable cost.

Hotel needs serious updates to maintain a 5 star luxury rating. Rugs, carpets, furniture and other items all show their age. Reminds me of second-hand college dorm furniture. There is no valet service and was not clear as to other services at the hotel (spa, sauna?). AC did not function well and room was stuffy without opening the windows -- which allowed street noise from below. Breakfast was sub-par at 30 euro. No cooked to order stations and items not replenished frequently.

Location is superb. Staff is friendly.

• Premium Queen Room

Classic hotel chain gives you what you expect, nothing less, nothing more. Room was clean and had a bathtub. Location is probably best is Brussels. 1 min. close to almost every landmark and also to the train station. Staff is professional and cold.

• Classic Twin Room

I stayed here just for one night but I wish I could stay longer. Everything was just great. Helpful and friendly staff. Comfortable and clean rooms. It is very close to the centre and to the central station but somehow it is very quiet in the rooms.

• Premium Twin Room

The value for money isn't so great. The room was small and the bathroom is a bit old.

Very good location, very close to the Grand Place but not too noisy either.

• Classic Queen Room

The rooms were a little small and outdated, but compared to location of hotel worthy the stay

The front desk was extremely polite and helpful. The location was amazing! Housekeeping was quick and neat.

• Classic Queen Room

Only slight negative was my boyfriend called up prior to us arriving and arranged a bottle of bubbly to be in the room. Unfortunately they gave this to him when we checked in as they said they couldn’t put it in the room as they didn’t know what time we were going to arrive.

A lovely weekend away and perfect hotel for it! The rooms were much nicer than the pictures and the location of the hotel was ideal!

• Classic Queen Room

I wish someone would tell me that the day we arrive there is a grand parade happening and all the roads leading to the hotel are closed. So we spent 1 hour driving around trying to find the way ( eventually we didn’t as there were literally no roads open around) When we called the hotel for advice, people seemed not to know anything. ..

Its our third time staying in Warwick grand place. I absolutely love this hotel for location and cleanniness. Staff is really helpful. This time we stayed with a bog dog- was not a problem. They just charged around 12 eur additionally which is very fair.

• Classic Twin Room

Towels were in short supply. I found all the ceilings really low. Dirty glasses were left in our room for two days. They post a photo of a rooftop patio but it is for a suite only.... a bit misleading.

Location was good. Chutney's was good if you were tired and hungry. A bit of a "meh" to this hotel. It was our most expensive hotel during our stay in Brussels and the one we liked the least.

• Premium Twin Room

This is not a five star hotel. The rooms are very small and out dated Not value the price Also breakfast is not included in the price I will not be staying there again with that price

Location is perfect. Clean bathrooms and rooms Friendly staff Wifi is good

• Premium Queen Room

Lack of maintenance in bathroom both toilet and bath. Shoddy cuoboards. Chipped. Peculiar smell throughout hotel. Exterior of hotel photograph heavily photoshopped. Breakfast one of the worst experienced. Eggs barely boiled. Serving dishes not replenished. Kept having to ask for teaspoon.

Staff were excellent

• Classic Queen Room

Nothing. The price of the drinks in the bar made it a little out of reach to enjoy a drink before bed after an evening out, but absolutely nothing else to critique.

The location was incredible, the best I've ever had in a city centre. Literally on the cities doorstep! You know you've booked a good un when a butler greets you as you walk in! Loved it

• Classic Twin Room

Waiters at breakfast were cleaning my table before I had finished eating, taking half eaten dishes away.

Great location close to Grand Place ja Brussels Central Station and a walking distance to EU buildings. Spacious room with a nice view, comfy bed and a bathtub.

• Classic Twin Room

Initial reception staff were great then the accompanying staff were immediately less friendly, and in fact not even interested. For the same value I managed to get an exceptional quality place nearby afterward. Service could have been better, for sure. Also there was a wet mark on the carpet in my room, which was extremely dark. On top of this I got cleaning staff interrupting my morning at 8am, and then an hour later. One even walked in without waiting for a response while I was still in bed. Seriously?

The check in staff were nice.

• Premium Queen Room

The pillows very to soft which made it hard to sleep. The electricity went out in the hotel for 2.5 hours on my last night and nobody contacted us to update us. The following morning as I was checking out there's was no apology or mention of the blackout. I found it very unprofessional.

The hotel was great and the staff spoke excellent English. They were very helpful on arrival and the room was set up very well.

• Classic Queen Room

A bit wearn out rooms. Waitresses tols me yes and no for very same questions. For example:I need a iron to our room, first waitress told yes, it is no problem, and he went to another who told me to go to lobby. Then 3. oerson called lobby for me to arange it. And I asked extra bread to take whit me on oapwrback, first waitress told no problem. I did wait awhile, when asked it where to get it, next told me (rude way)this is not a take away. Then 3.waitress gave a plate, and said take yourself something whit you from table.

Good location. Parking under hotel. Lovely breakfadt

• Premium Twin Room

Walking distance to the great square Wlaking distance to Brussels Central station Beautiful classy building Excellent staff Excellent breakfast Very comfortable bed

• Classic Twin Room

Since it’s centrally located, be aware it can get noisy at night (but not the fault of the hotel).

The location was wonderful. It’s not far from the grand place. Very close to the Brussels Central Station (less than 3min walk). Staff was nice and accommodating with requests.

• Premium Queen Room

Check in took about 1:30 hour to receive my room. No porter accompanied me to the room and the reception didn’t bother them self to mention information about the breakfast. The towels smells awful and the coffee/ tea stuffs have not been replaced throughout my whole stay! The used glasses and cups where never cleaned! The breakfast area is too small for the hotel that you have to wait about 10 mins to be seated although it is not a peak season! Today I woke up feeling sick so I called room service to order some peppermint tea he told me call the house keeping in order to bring you tea bag! I told him I need fresh tea he said no we don’t have and you have to do it yourself!! They brought me tea bag that smells like tooth paste which made me feel worse!

• Premium Queen Room

No Dutch-speaking personnel anywhere! Walk-in shower a bit on the low side if you're tall.

Luxurious and very comfortable room (free upgrade to a suite!), extremely clean, loved the Bvlgari bathroom products :-)

• Classic Queen Room

My room located around patio which was top of facilities room so I couldn't open window because of high voice.

Location is great and hotel is clean

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

See above. Restaurant was awful except for dessert.

Breakfast staff seemed disinterested. Bell hop when we checked in said you couldn’t get a reservation in any restaurant bc of a convention in town. Not only very incorrect but also very elitist. He offered no help at all! Hotel too expensive.

• Classic Twin Room

Needs a bit of attention to detail, since it claims 5 stars: the door of the toilet was not closing properly (!), no slippers available (neither a gown). So 5 stars is a bit of over-estimate.

Comfy bed, cosy ambiance and central location.

I would like to thank you very much for your hospitality and it was more than wonderful staying at your beautiful hotel. Everything was above our expectations, we really loved it. I will be always staying at Casa Fuster when I come to BCN, also I will always recommend it to family and friends going to BCN.

• Classic Queen Room

Situated within walking distance of the main train station. Staff were friendly. Room was a bit small, but had a very comfortable bed and a big bathroom. There was plenty of space to hang clothes. Tea & coffee was provided in the room.

• Classic Queen Room

Well-placed, comfortable hotel. An employee named Alican was especially helpful to me, going out of his way to help me find the public transport links I was looking for.

• Classic Queen Room

I think sauna and fitness hours should be longer (till 10:pm). Because if you go out and have dinner and wait a bit to have sauna then it gets closed.

All the people who are working at the hotel were great but particularly Charlotte was wonderful at front desk. She let me get a good room even though I was early and her full smile and positive energy and care let me feel comfort there. It is very close to central station and attactive touristic areas. Rooms were very clean, large enough. Overall it is great place to stay. I hope they will not increase prices and keep it reasonable.

• Classic Queen Room

Security keycard - problems starting the lift.

I had my handbag stolen in the centre and the staff were very supportive and gave me all the assistance that I needed.

• Classic Queen Room

The hotel is perfectly located, very close to the central train station and walking distance to the main sights, such as the Grand Place. The breakfast was very delicious. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Our air conditioning made a high-pitched whine when we turned it on. We returned to our room late in the evening and were disturbed by the noise. We eventually figured out how to stop the noise (by turning the unit off - turning it back on brought the noise back). Without air conditioning, the room was hot and stuffy, and when we opened the window to let in fresh air, the yelling and partying outside the window from the club across the street made it impossible to sleep. We alternated between noise and stuffiness and didn't sleep that night. The breakfast buffet cost 22,50 per person, and we decided that was way too expensive for the four of us.

With the Warwick, it's all about location. We enjoyed having downtown Brussels at our doorstep. The bed was also comfortable

• Classic Queen Room

The breakfast in the hotel was a Basic hotel breakfast available for €30 per person per night. That’s a bit steep. A hotel breakfast is never worth more than €10 on top of a room rate. Also the room had an joining door to the room next door and it wasn’t very well sound proofed. Could hear the neighbors making a lot of noise and every word they spoke like they were in our room

The location is fantastic the rooms are clean and comfortable. 2 min walk to the central train station and the grand palace

• Classic Queen Room

The key card to our room stopped working the morning we were checking out. So had to run around to get it sorted, which was a bit of an inconvenience given it was right at the tail end of our stay. This was only a minor glitch.

The hotel is in close proximity to a lot of the local attractions and eateries so we walked everywhere The ultimate find was Tonton Garby right across the hotel. It's a fantastic cheese shop that does the most amazing cheese sandwiches. Get there as early as possible as the place fills out fast and food runs out.

• Classic Twin Room

The room was a little small. I shared with a friend. It was ok for one night, but any longer and we’d have been a bit cramped.

The bed and pillows were very comfy.

• Premium Twin Room

Great location, very clean and comfortable beds. Nice and relaxing, would definitely stay there again. Room looked just like the pictures, there were no surprises and bathroom was really nice.

• Premium Twin Room

Shame the room wasn't cleaned once during our stay. Also could hear the people next door pretty loud.

Employees are really nice and you feel very welcome. The rooms are pretty.

• Classic Queen Room

Did like that I had to give €100 as a deposit as there was some little faults with the room, which we didn’t complain but why €100??

Bed, pillows and linen was top class very comfortable, reception staff warm and welcoming good experience

• Classic Queen Room

The price of breakfast is exorbitant to add on to your stay. For the star rating of this hotel, we would have expected facecloths, robes, slippers, iron and ironing board in the room, none of which were present.

Lovely comfortable beds, reasonably good facilities in room. Pleasant atmosphere in the property in general. Fantastic location so close to the central train station and The Grand Place. Hundreds of restaurants and bars in the area. Can't comment on breakfast as it was not included in our deal. Good WiFi.

• Premium Queen Room

The restaurant isn't terribly exciting and the bar ran out of draught beer on one evening.

The room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast has an extensive selection of hot and cold food.

• Classic Queen Room

No chocolate in the room when you arrive. It would have been great to have been welcomed by two little chocolates and it was kind of expected, considering where you are located.

Staff was very courteous, very clean & modern rooms. Excellent location. Construction was happening on the floor below us, but it was during the day when we were out. Would stay there again.

• Classic Queen Room

WIFI login is somehow slow and troublesome.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel location is superb and close to the central station and old town of Brussels. Breakfast was splendid and there was nothing I could complain about. A decent and fantastic hotel where I will come again.

• Classic Queen Room

The property itself is smart and close to the centre, but it is directly opposite a nightclub. Both night we stayed there was trouble outside the club which woke us up

Pleasant rooms, recently decorated but average value for money - €500 for what feels like a reletively basic and small room

• Premium Deluxe Double Room

Even hotel upgraded my room, but unfortunately the room quite cold, when we asking about this condition, they offer me to rent heater with extra charges so I didn't take it. Beside that room quite dusty. I hope when i going back to stay again they can get me better room.

Location near to tourism sites and staf very helpful to help me get printed document.

Browse Warwick Brussels - Grand Place traveller photo gallery