Reviews of Hotel Welcome 3 stars

Quai Au Bois A Bruler 23, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

#35 of 215 hotels in Brussels

Quirky hotel in very convenient location

Location is excellent, close to Grand Place, beside all the restaurants at St. Catherine, just a few metres from Metro stop. The hotel is quirky, if a bit basic, certainly different from the bland cubes of the chain hotels. Service was friendly and helpful.

The design is very nice, an experience on it's own!

I think that the cleanings of the toilets can be improved..

The design is very nice, an experience on it's own! Very nice hotel overall, and the manager/owner was very nice and open! Very interested in the well-being of his customers! Breakfast also ok, and it was nice to stay outside. Very well placed in the city too!

Amazing and quirky - great value for money

Amazing hotel-the Zanzibar room is a delight to stay in-the hotel is on a busy square in the evening but not noisy at night, staff were charming, the hotel quirky and spotless and greatvalue for money

Fun hotel that made our one night stay in Brussels more enjoyable!
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

Fun hotel with lively and very helpful staff! We stayed in the China Room and our 15 year old was thrilled with the upstairs loft. Easy access to walking around to tourist areas. Hotel made our trip more enjoyable!

It's a fun and quirky hotel, with a lot of personality.

It's a fun and quirky hotel, with a lot of personality. Checking in was such a pleasure with Michel – such a pleasant welcome. The room was actually really great with a big, super-comfortable bed, and wonderful lighting. The bathroom was better than I expected, and hot water worked really well. Location is also excellent, 2 metro stations are very close by, and restaurants are but a few steps away.

Staff was great!

A little outdated and the halls smelled a little musty. Ceiling fan in room wasn’t working and it was warm. Shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. Only provided one regular and one small towel for two people.

Staff was great! Very friendly and helpful. Location was great

Management clearly work hard but the facilities do not reflect their outward manner.

The airconditioning and the half flush on the toilet in the Tahiti room did not work. The lift stopped working on one occasion. The room needed a spring clean.

Management and staff were very personable.

The hotel offers interesting rooms, arranged and decorated...

Closed at 10 pm.

The hotel offers interesting rooms, arranged and decorated according to different countries and cultures. Rooms are clean, friendly and helpful staff, good location, 20 m to a Metro station, a lot of restaurants nearby. Better price by booking directly on the hotel website.

Our stay was for 2 nights and it was 2 nights too long!
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

This hotel was no better than a hostel for kids. The mattress sunk so low in the middle you almost needed help getting out. The internet was non existent in our rooms...we had to sit in the lobby to do anything. The TV was sporadic and the sheets smelled like cigarettes. We had booked for 3 nights but had a change of plans so only needed to stay 2...they would not give us a refund and the cost was ridiculous per night!!! I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Hotel with a character

Sometimes it is a little noisy, and we can smell the food cooking from downstairs

The hotel owner is very friendly, he made sure we have all we need. We stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms, both were full of surprises. The area is walking distance to all the attractions, there are so many bars and restaurants near by.

Great location, enjoyable stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The shower stall needs a better curtain, it didn’t keep the water from getting on the floor.

Great breakfast, highly decorated rooms, congenial hosts, loved the extra terraces by the Tibet room, comfortable bed.

Magnificent place!

I understood why it is called “Welcome” when I’ve arrived there. It was late in the night, but I’ve been welcomed in a very enthusiastic way by the owner, who was waiting outside, at the front door, waiting for me and another group of guests - felt like a need to share this, because I am travelling a lot and I was never welcomed in this way. It was a very kind gesture. He also explained to me the story of the place and he provided useful infos for exploring the surroundings. My stay in Zanzibar room was also an unique experience; Despite the amazing design of the room, I found it extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast? Delicious! Chatting with the staff? Felt like talking with my best friends. I truly recommend you to choose this marvellous place! My experience is memorable.

Won't come back ever

Attitude towards customer is not very friendly: I booked last minute and got a good rate. I was then practically forced into taking the breakfast deal in order to get hot tea during the day. Wifi in the room was not working at all for my 2 night stay. They could not do anything about it.

The unique exotic decor of each individual rooms.

We stayed for just one night while we were traveling from Germany back home to England.

I wish the parking policy was more clear. I searched using the "Parking" filter, and so I thought everything was fine. There's no information on the page about needing to reserve (and pay for!) parking separately, but apparently you do. The hotel has two spaces in an underground garage a block away, and you have to go into another hotel to get access to the garage. Of course, this is better than no parking, but it was another 15 euro to park, and I was on a business trip with a previously set budget. This was a little inconvenient wrinkle.

I thought the rooms' themes were so fun! And the location can't be beaten - we easily walked downtown to see the Grand Plaza, there are innumerable cafes and bars to visit, and no end of beautiful buildings to walk to. I'm a bit of a political science nerd, and I wish the location was a teensy bit closer to the EU buildings, but as far as older history and notable attractions, this location can't be beaten. We went out for breakfast to maximize our Brussels experience, but it smelled great.

Nice boutique hotel

staff didn´t give me the wifi code at the reception and they never asked me next morning whether I enjoyed my stay. Plus, the cleaning lady didn´t allow me to use the elevator first.

Nice boutique hotel, excellent location.

Fun Time with Willy Wonka!
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

Quirky Hotel with a great location! Each room has a theme - ours was China, and we were in a duplex, with a king on the main and a pair of twins on the second, in the eaves. Beware -elevator goes to 3, this was on the 4, but great fun! Desk was very cooperative!

Beautiful and very comfortable, I loved my room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely bed, amazing to find a rather big bathroom behind ‘closet doors’ ! Beautiful bathroom with bubble bath, silent room, beautiful cleaning service and great location. I loved my nights.

Room was original, cozy and comfortable.
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

Room was original, cozy and comfortable. Hotel staff made us feel welcome and was ready to help with any request. Chrostmas fair was just a few steps away. Also metro station is also just few meters away from the hotel. Loved our stay.

Recommend without any hesitation!

The staff was superbly friendly and helpful, the Christmas market is just a few steps outside the door, and the Istanbul room literally felt like I was in Turkey! They gave exceptional attention to detail and we would have gladly stayed there for many more days if we had the time!

Christmas market trip

Location couldn’t have been better , in the middle of bars , restaurants and shops, walking distance to all tourist attractions and main shopping streets. The hotel itself exceeded all expectations , above and beyond my needs and requests , upgraded my room free of charge 1st night allowing myself and my partner to experience the “suite” and second night in my chosen themed room of Istanbul. Staff very friendly and helpful too . Will definitely return

Lots of space, character and friendliness in great location next to Metro
    • Large Suite with Whirlpool

Common areas are small. Breakfast takes place in "Compact living" area. In low season it is what makes a hotel "cozy", but I wouldn't like to stay there when the hotel is full.

I stayed in the Silk Road suite. It is like stepping into a dream. Fabulous room on 1st floor overlooking the square (where there is a big Christmas Market wintertime). Lots of space. Lots of character. A christmas tree in the room. Luxurious bathroom. Great value for your money. All the staff were wonderfully helpful and nice. I made a note of this particular room and will return with my partner one day.

I love this hotel.

I love this hotel. I've stayed twice now on business trips. The staff are friendly. The rooms are quirky, in a good way, and its always a delight to a arrive and find out where you will be staying - last time I was in 'Cuba' which has a gorgeous rain shower. Breakfast is also excellent.

The hotel has a wonderful location.

The bed was not very comfortable, the bed linen is simple and although there are lots of pillows, none was to my liking. It is basically an old rather basic hotel with a lot of designed nonsense. Breakfast simple. Eggs were burned.

The hotel has a wonderful location. If you like your room to be extravagant, then this is your place.

Bonkers hotel, lots of fun, helpful staff.
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

The response to email was nonexistent and on the phone the answer was to email. However when we arrived they couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. The room was bonkers which the kids loved and was very comfortable. I'd definitely stay again. The parking was close by and seemed secure.

A real "exploration"

Please write a note or warn guest that the light is automatic in some bathrooms. I was desperately looking for the switch to turn off the light - even I made to come the girl from the reception (who did not know this either) :-).

Staff was polite and very friendly. The breakfast was great. Two steps from the metro station. I forgot my cell phone in the room. By the time I went back, it was waiting me at the reception. A big thank you! Apart of these "usual" things I would mention the thematic character of the hotel - rooms and corridors around the same topic: exploration. Come here if you want to have something different and stay in Saigon, India, Kenya, etc.!

At the heart of the city.

The room was a bit too tiny. Perfect for a single traveller , But a little too congested for a couple.

A small property right at the heart of Brussels. One can walk across all main attractions of the city. Surrounded by a lot of good restaurants.

The beds were comfy and the location was great.
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

The stairs that lead to the upper half of the room where the two additional beds were, was very steep. I had two small children that those beds were intended for and that ladder was too steep for a 5 & 6 year old to go up and down comfortably. Parking is a nightmare. If you drive, make sure you reserve a parking spot. Also, don't show up before 2 pm, rooms nor parking spot will be made available until 2 or later.

The beds were comfy and the location was great.

This isn't a chain hotel - and that is a good thing
    • Large Suite with Whirlpool

The chair at the desk felt a little rickety.

Good wifi, a large and comfortable bed, whirlpool bath. I've stayed at the Welcome hotel before and it was good to revisit.

wonderful experience in the hotel, Michel was very concerned i enjoyed a lot the city and restaurant

In my point of view, the only problems there are many people drunked on the street,

The location is near to the down town, excellent restaurants and subway station to keep up the shuttle to the airport. The owner and his staff is very friendly and concerned for every details, and help me with my tours, The Hotel has great ornament

Unique room design and decoration - perfect location walking...

Unique room design and decoration - perfect location walking distance from all the great sights and attractions in brussels - right next to subway station - affordable and unique

Where passion and professionalism meet in harmony
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

The fact that we only stayed for a night, we wished to have stayed more and we will definitely do so first given opportunity!

This family owned hotel is fantastic and a great example of hospitality and service. The owners Sophie and Michael are full of passion for their work, which is engaging, inspiring and evident in every unique aspect of each room. Both are a paradigm of genuine and truthful hosts. A must visit hotel to experience first handed a cozy and multicultural atmosphere! We visited the hotel with our dog and we were welcomed and treated beyond our expectations.

Pleasant stay at cosy hotel
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

1) There is a lift, but it does not go to the 4th floor, only to 3rd, then we had to take luggage up one flight of stairs to 4th floor room. They offered to help, I declined as I have to physical limitations. This could be an issue for physical disabilities. 2) Only one key for the room. 3) Front door closes after 10pm. Need to come in the "night door", no lift at back entrance, only stairs. Again, no problem for us, we have to physical limitation 4) Front office does not open until 7am. Owner needed to come in early for our 6am check-out. We could have taken care of this the night before but we were out late and front desk had already closed. It worked out fortunately but I had the housekeeper who just came to hotel at 5:30 to call the owner.

1)Many restaurants in the area to choose from. 2)Metro station right outside front door of hotel. (Ste. Catherine) 3)Buffet breakfast available for a reasonable cost. You can book the room with or without breakfast. Our breakfast was not included, so we did not eat there. There are many restaurants or carrefour grocery stores nearby. 4)Cool quirky decorations. Country themed rooms 5)they could watch our luggage while we went out for lunch because we arrived before our room was ready.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Quirky hotel in nice neighborhood

Quirky hotel in a nice neighborhood, but still close to the centre and directly on the metro line to Schuman. Friendly staff. Definitely something out of the ordinary! I'll be back!

Convenient location, great hosts.

The hotel is conveniently located a few meters from the metro station with an excellent connection to the train that takes you to the airport. It is also a walking distance to Tours & Taxis where my conference was held. There are tons of restaurants within a walking distance.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

This is a hotel with a personality!

This is a hotel with a personality! All rooms are different and are not numbered, but have a name: I stayed in the Istanbul room. Middle-East atmosphere, cozy, excellent bed, either silent or so comfortable that I slept like a baby. Very friendly staff.

Absolutely delightful

It seemed like the ISP might have been having problems while we were there... though we were connected to the network, sometimes we would lose the internet.

The breakfast was beyond our expectations for a hotel breakfast. It's an extra nice spread for a continental buffet breakfast, and they also cook made-to-order bacon and eggs for you! Delicious! We stayed in "Istanbul"... great atmosphere, really comfy bed, and quiet! We want to go back so we can try the other rooms too!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Brussels!

A wonderful atmosphere with incredibly beautiful rooms. A luxurious, personal touch at an exceedingly good price. Breakfast was great and the location was perfect for accessing all the main sites of Brussels. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Worth a visit!

I did not prefer the bed. It did not provide support, and sagged in the middle making it uncomfortable for a stomach sleeper. I would consider replacing the mattress.

A unique hotel with a great location. You've never stayed at a hotel like this! Well decorated world travel themed rooms, and interesting to explore. The service is great, and thorough with personal attention. My room on the top floor was easy to find, and offered a fair night's sleep.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Theme decorated rooms, small hotel, lovely owners, every thing worked.

I don't know. We had a good time and the Metro to the train station was only 50 feet away. No complaints.

Most of all we loved the owners (Sophie & Mike) they did everything to make sure our stay was successful.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The owner was wonderful!
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

The partially enclosed shower/tub was odd but not necessarily a bad thing.

The owner was wonderful! Very friendly and helpful. Our room was beautifully decorated and interesting. The location is great. Easy walking distance to nearly everything. Breakfast was delicious with lots of options.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Thailand by way of Brussels

The walls are very thin. The couple in the next room had a crying toddler who woke us up almost every morning. Also, the bathroom in the Thailand room is separated by saloon/western style doors. They don't close completely. There is no mystery for smell or sound with that bathroom. Luckily for us, we are a couple and there is no mystery left. We actually found it fun. However, I could see how this could be a problem for new romances, families, business partners, etc. I can't speak for the bathrooms in the other rooms.

The rooms are extraordinarily themed! Really lovely. Even the hallways are decorated. If you are into themed hotels and international destinations, this one is for you. Depending on room availability the staff may give you a choice of 'country' at check-in. It was everything we hoped for from the pictures. The staff was very kind. The location is great. It's about a 10 minute walk to Grand Place. I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Fun place to stay.

The noise from the street is noticeable but manageable. The bed was comfortable but made of two mattresses put together to make a double bed. The mattresses tended to move apart over time.

The location and staff are wonderful. The underground parking nearby at Citadines is a benefit and good value. The rooms of course are amusingly decorated. The night door was handy for going out clubbing. The elevator is handy. This was my 2nd stay here.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Quirky place with each room themed on a different part of...

Quirky place with each room themed on a different part of the world. Good location near Metro station, short walk into centre, friendly staff. Would stay again

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Again a pleasant experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

I chose on purpose a more expensive room than last time. Very nice but lower value for money (or same value for more money)

the décor, this place is worth spending some time just walking in the corridors and taking a peak at all different decorations from everywhere

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Food excellent, staff, upstairs, not. Quality/price ratio for that reason not good.

The staff. We were seated upstairs, where two professional, but sourly faced, unfriendly staff members attended to the guests. Had we been downstairs, where the boss was supervising, the outcome of this review would probably have been quite different.

The food and the wines are very good, but expensive.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Brilliant place to stay!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

You're not allowed to eat in the rooms, which is a bit of a pain.

The rooms are amazingly decorated and very beautiful. The jacuzzi bathtub and the private balcony were added bonuses! The staff were friendly and pleasant. Everything was clean. Location was great too.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Great hotel, great location

This is an extraordinary hotel. From the welcome at reception (despite my late arrival at 8pm) to the individual rooms styled on particular locations around the world, everything is nigh on perfect about Hotel Welcome. It's surrounded by cobblestone streets, beautiful-but-reasonable restaurants, and is just 20m from the nearest underground/Metro. I travel approx. once every 2 months for work, and this is my favourite hotel in Europe.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The Perfect Place to stay in Brussels
    • Deluxe Double Room with Spa Bath

I loved everything about it.

The beautiful and exquisite Hotel Welcome is much more than it's name suggests! The room, Egypt was extremely clean, spacious and very beautiful. The owners and staff are so friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect for walking to restaurants and shops in central Brussels. We will definitely stay at the Hotel Welcome again!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Car parking facility

No fridge in the room Airconditioner not available for use, the room was very hot

Car parking facility Location

What a great place!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Central to many things for easy walking tours. Delightful owners, great breakfast. Big rooms for Europe. Loved it!

Great little gem of a hotel
    • Large Suite with Whirlpool

Location was perfect, staff were very friendly, room was awesome, and the price was very affordable.

Stunning hotel rooms

The decor was incredible, beautifully designed with such special touches such as hand painted designs in the room. Totally unique!

Charming hotel, owners are wonderful!

Charming hotel, owners are wonderful!

Excellent for families and couples in Brussels
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

Excellent property, owner and management went out of their way to ensure we had a great stay. I loved the themed rooms

The possibility to fry my own eggs!
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

The possibility to fry my own eggs! Located right in the area of Bruxelles I like most, los of restaurants.

it was a romantic and little bit adventurous stay

it was at times noisy, especially when guests are moving in/out.

we very much liked the intimate romantic atmosphere

Location & hospitality unrivaled for an economy traveler

Location is super for walks during the day and evening. Super access to the metro.

We had a wonderful time including great chats with Sophie - the lovely lady who runs the hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff, the location, the breakfast, the room

Staff and rooms.

Staff and rooms.

The room was clean.

Not much value for money - expensive compared to the facilities included.

The room was clean., so thumbs up for that.

Excellent hosts and location

No where to put anything, no drawers, no shelves in the shower room

Extra large comfy bed

Definitely coming back!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Unique atmosphere and super helpful staff, excellent location! Front desk lady knew all the good places to check out for what we were looking for!

Good breakfast and very nice decorated room, the staff...

Good breakfast and very nice decorated room, the staff welcome you as special guest good job!

Close to transport

Close to transport

Delightful quirky hotel, great location, wonderful friendly staff, a true home from home.

Shower in ceiling not as convenient as mounted on a wall.

Loved decor of all rooms, travel destination themes.very comfortable bed. Warm temperature.

Great location, kindness and professionalism of staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location, kindness and professionalism of staff.

A pleasure and will look forward to returning.

An all round pleasant experience. Good location, comfortable, friendly staff and far better than a large impersonal hotel.

LOVE

Staff is nice and helpful. Property is clean, interest like museum, perfect location. My boyfriend purpose to me at room Kenya :)

Gloriously Belgian - fun, friendly and full of food.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was hilarious - the stuffed parrots as decor were funny, and the bed was very comfortable.

confortable

familiar

the theme rooms were cute.

the theme rooms were cute. The staff was nice. Great location.

Beautiful, unique themed rooms!
    • Quadruple Room with Bath

Reception area was smoking area or smelled like smoke.

The design of the rooms is unique. You can see the thought and care put into each room

The world in a hotel...

The Welcome is the world in a hotel, like two holidays in one.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Would stay there again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely bed. Cheery owner manager. God size lift. Interesting themed room.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017