Reviews of Hotel Chiplakoff 3 stars

Ferdinandova Str. 88, 8000 Burgas City, Bulgaria

#24 of 41 hotels in Burgas City

We loved our stay here!
    • Double or Twin Room

The location is great...just a short walk to the city center. It's a charming hotel and the staff was super! There is lots of on site parking, if you need it be sure you ask when you check in.

Good location and decent choice for a night.
    • Double or Twin Room

In overall the place could be better taken care of. We had requested a large bed room and got two single beds. We were busted anyways and didn't care much, but still- unpleasant. If you click on the "double room" preview you will notice a balcony- we didn't have one. Uncomfortable for smokers. And the breakfast- nothing special but still something to start the day with.

Great classic building. Good location. Welcoming and helpful staff. Comfy beds and very convenient private parking.

A nice place to stay in a very nice city.
    • Twin Room - Attic

Breakfast was served after 8 am. As we had to leave early there wasn’t enough time to really enjoy it.

Friendly staff, very comfortable room, good service.

The nicest administrator ever

Lightbulb above the sink didn't work but it's been replace instantly after notification. The shower is right above toilet, like in India, but it can be quite useful :)

Administrator Aleksandra helped me a lot in my emergency situation with understanding and kindness. Staff was nice to me even after really late arrival. Good Wi-Fi. Comfortable location.

It was our 10th wedding anniversary and the hotel was ideal.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Some minor cosmetic damage to the interior decoration but nothing that bothered us. A handyman could fix it easily.

The hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood but just a few minutes walk from the centre. The building is beautiful inside and out and the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. there is a small car park at the rear.

Very nice people, very friendly and helpful.
    • Twin Room - Attic

The kitchen was terribly slow! We were waiting at least 40mines to take our dishes... It doesn’t has elevator.

Very nice people, very friendly and helpful. If you are going for work like us, it’s the best Choice. Very close to the center (10 minutes by walking).

- Room with a big open terrace
    • Double or Twin Room

- Tiny washroom. There is no separate space for shower - Whenever you take the shower, the toilet area gets wet - AC didn't work

- Room with a big open terrace - Excellent breakfast (specially the Bulgarian doughnuts) - Early check-in

Good value hotel and restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is cramped. The hand held shower does the job. We suggested that provision of a small mop would reduce excess water on the bathroom floor after showering.

The hotel is in a quiet and reasonably central location with good secure parking available at the rear of the hotel. The restaurant is attractive and the option of bed, breakfast and dinner was exceptional value wjth good dinner options from a limited menu. The room was satisfactory and clean. Staff were friendly.

friendly and helpfull staff, good location - close to center...
    • Double or Twin Room

breakfast could be better, 1 meal and only coffee included in price /no drink/, room was bit smelly like after the cigarettes, missing toilet paper after cleaning our room, due to "bulgarian" type of showers mold on the walls in bathroom :(

friendly and helpfull staff, good location - close to center and station, different small shops around hotel, comfy bed, free wifi, big plus is restaurant/bar area in hotel

Lovely short holiday
    • Double or Twin Room

The small bathroom and the dust on the furniture (Even If cleaning was made every day. Probably the dust was not a priority)

The hotel is very close to the center. The privacy parking was useful. The breakfast was tasty and the hotel was very silent (we travelled with our 20 months old baby boy).

Nice staff, 15 minutes walk from the city centre, 25 from...
    • Twin Room - Attic

The bathroom was without shower bath, just tap in the middle of the bathroom. Dirty wash basin

Nice staff, 15 minutes walk from the city centre, 25 from the beach

Fine, except for shower
    • Double or Twin Room

Very dirty bathroom to begin with. Next day I showed the pictures of dirt and we got extra cleaning, but still far from perfect. The shower is made in such a way that you just stand between sink and toilet, splashing water all over the place. Even onto the wooden door, which swells because of that and starts decaying. This shower concept in all rooms I consider the weakest part of the hotel's design. Other than that - it is a good value.

Very-very good food and service in the restaurant. Moderate breakfast. But for dinner - excellent food and service. Convenient parking next to the hotel, mini-bar in the room. Restaurant and front desk staff - nice people. But I think the housekeeping staff needs either extra training or needs to be changed.

I will not stay there again.
    • Twin Room - Attic

No wifi at my floor. No elevators in the building... and I was staying at the top floor. I have back issues, big time, so I always need some help with luggage. Usually, hotels have bellboys for that... However, when I kindly asked for help with that at check-out, the answer was "none in my duty". "I understand that" I said, and I asked "maybe HK or Restaurant boys can help?" and they said "none in their duty, so cannot help"... ok, thank you.

Cold room, cold staff, and they played Coldplay in the lobby. Chipla-nope.
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived at around 1 P.M. to find that the beds were not made and the double room we had requested did not reflect what they said they had. We asked for a double bed and upon an excessively awkward negotiation to change our room, we were given a room with a bed where the sheet didn't fit. There was an electric heater in the room that didn't work, and the room was cold all night in the cold Bulgarian winter. By morning, after consuming the sub-par breakfast and unpalatable coffee-matter, the receptionist demanded: "You pay me now or I call the police!" — despite showing our receipt that we had already paid in advance. The receptionist refused to listen to us, despite out polite attempts to reason and work out the confusion. We were forced to pay twice, and the receptionist never apologized for the inconvenience.

The wallpaper was okay, I suppose. The evening bartender was also a very friendly and helpful gentleman.

The room is clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is improper because there is no shower cabin. The hotel has no elevator and spiral staircase is difficult to use with your luggage. After I paid I received only a ticket (bill), not a receipt. In room 21 the TV set could be used for only one program. The gel shower and the shampoo was not enough.

The room is clean.

Very good option for a short stay when you have bussiness in the centre of the town.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room (on the last floor) was very dark and with just 2 small windows. The noise insulation between the rooms is not good, which was quite annoying.

Kind staff, good location, nicely decorated, clean and roomy rooms. Kidnly provided a place to park in the yard as it is a payzone on the street. Contacted me on the phone just couple of minutes after I made the booking as I have mistakenly made 2 bookings. Helped me immediately to sort this out and have no complications with cancelation fees for the faulse booking.

Excellent service, lovely hotel. Would visit again.

Nothing to dislike

Excellent value for money. Walking distance to town super. Evening meal and breakfast excellent. Staff welcoming and friendly. Car parking secure and off street. Comfortable beds, super soft towels. Kettle for coffee/tea. Would definitely recommend. Restaurant excellent.

Worth it's money. Recommend.
    • Double or Twin Room

There is no allocated shower place in the bathroom, just a holder for the shower head near the toilet and nothing any shower curtains or something else. We reserved one double bed, but actually it was two single beds shifted to each other. Pillows were very thin and filled unevenly. Air-conditioning system is a little bit loud.

Quiet and clean room. Additional floor-standing heater. Private parking near the hotel entrance. Breakfast is nice for it's price 😊

Very comfortable and easy
    • Double or Twin Room

Being New Year’s Eve and our room being above the restaurant the noise level until 5am from the party below was terrible so make sure you book a top level.

We were made very welcome. The food was excellent and the restaurant was very good. The rooms were comfy and warm

Great value short stay in a fabulous little hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Not a thing ... though one of our companions was a bit miffed at the music at 5am - a long NYE celebration. No issues from me though ... I was anesthetised 😂

Our reception was faultless; very helpful, and with a friendly welcoming smile. Thank you for that smile, and for speaking English 😊 The room was very clean and comfortable, with a mini-bar if needed. The food in the retaurant was exceptional, as was it's value. The breakfast was very good, and included in the small price tag. Off road parking was free and a bonus, but don't forget to book. It was NYE - the bar satisfied our needs 😁

Easy walk to town and the opera, the reason for using the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very disappointing return after many visits to the hotel. I know it was Christmas but it would have been good to have some extra staff to deal with the demands of the restaurant. A party meant that there was a huge wait for service and the meals were now sub-standard without the benefit of a discount for residents. We shall look for an alternative now after several years.

Easy walk to town and the opera, the reason for using the Chiplakoff

Nice building, great location
    • Double or Twin Room

I called the hotel one day before the arrival to confirm the booking and they didn't answer. Small bathroom and very few electrical outlets, but this is part of being in an old building.

Good location, near the city center. The hotel is a 19th century building, so I guess it was a challenge to bring it up to the 21st. So the room was very large and tall, but bathroom very small and gets all wet when showering, provided that the shower is an extension of the sink. Also, heating is an electric radiator. Breakfast was enough, you can choose from 3 or 4 options. Wi-Fi very good. Staff very nice and very good in english. Private parking on site in a secured yard.

Nice hotel near centre
    • Double or Twin Room

Great hotel located near the centre of Burgas. Helpful staff who speak at the very least some English. Fair size room but sometimes smells of smoking as people smoke on the terrace next to my room (no12) Reasonably priced too.

Perfection

The room is bright, clean, comfortable, and quiet. It's just a few minutes by foot from the city center and the Black Sea. (Burgas is a very pleasant town to stroll around.) The staff are friendly and cheerful. The WiFi signal is strong and reliable. The breakfast is delicious. The mixed omelette and the chocolate pancakes were fantastic!

It was fine for the value.

The most surprising thing was the shower solution without any tub or door - after taking a shower in the morning it was impossible to use bathroom due to wet floor and toilet.

The bed very comfortable. Great location.

Good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

Receptionist did not speak any other language than Bulgarian.

Good location. Nice small hotel. Very well priced and good value for money, nice to stay overnight.

The hotel is well located and easy to access.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is well located and easy to access. The personnel is nice and helpful. The room is huge an comfortable, nice decorated with huge bed and a designated space like a separate room acting as a living room.

Huge dissappointment!
    • Twin Room - Attic

ROOM: Room was pretty timeworn, especilly in the bathroom. The door need a waterresistant paint -totaly damaged by the water shower and you can see mildew stains on it. Mildew is also on tiles (ok, I know that guests probably don't ventilate the bathroom well after taking a shower, but why can't anybody just clean it?). Many things were broken (look at the bin - this is how it was when we came and although the room was cleaned every day, nobody has even touched it, so they seem to consider it to be fine.), curtains were torn at many places and the mattress was worn out and uncomfortable. BREAKFAST: The worst thing was the breakfast. There was just a poor continental breakfast, probably because the whole restaurant was closed (but we didn't get any excuse or explanation). It consisted of tomatos and cucambers, jam, cheese, "ham" and hard boiled eggs (which were overboiled an ice cold by the way - probably not fresh cooked). White bread was at least two days old and dry. Also I have never seen a water "barell" in a hotel for a breakfast. OMG, this is a restaurant?! STAFF: The staff wasn't friendly at all, looked so bored all the time and the communication was weird. Once I asked if is it possible to have a breakfast (or at least a coffee) 15 minutes earlier because we need to catch a morning bus, I got no answer just a question if I am going to pay (???). Also I asked the guy to call us a taxi and again he looked very reluctant. Taxi was horrible and came about 10 minutes earlier because the driver definitely wanted to charge us for waiting, but luckily we were already sitting outside. When I asked him about the prices he tried to cheat us and said 5 EUROS... I don't recommend this hotel.

good coffee and juice for the breakfast, A/C, safe parking, the only smiling and friendy staff where maids, the building is very pretty

I don't advice to book

Wc was broken Hotel didn't change the room nor find a solution that forced and obligated us to stay. IT was a nightmare until the morning. We couldn't use the toilet. The staff is rude. I don't advise you to book.

Can't say it was good.
    • Double or Twin Room

1.We found bedbugs in our room 2. The fridge barely working 3. The bathroom something unusual, when you like to take a shower you just make all the place wet... It's just not normal, looks like they just added it someday without any thinking.

The building himself looking nice and the girl in reception really tried to help...

We booked three rooms, well equipped, still little worn then...
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast very basic and no baby-chairs available. Bed linen quite poor. Booked rooms with terrace, but received without. If you are interested in dining at the restaurant, please ask in advance as during our stay it was closed (and we were not informed prior to our arrival).

We booked three rooms, well equipped, still little worn then the last time I have been in the same hotel. Lovely building in a quiet neighborhood, close to center location. Good parking option in the hotel!

Otelin konumu fena değil, otogar ,tren garı ve limana...

Otelin asansörünün olmayışı,bağajların taşınmasına yardım edecek personelin olmaması,sabah kahvaltı servisi yapan hanımefendinin son derece soğuk ve suratsız olması,bizim bulunduğumuz son iki gün kahvaltı açık büfe şeklindeydi ve çok fazla beklentiyi karşılamayan tarzdaydı.

Otelin konumu fena değil, otogar ,tren garı ve limana ulaşmak 15 dk bir süre alıyor.Denize girmek itiyorsanız plaja ulaşmak 20 dakikalık bir yürüyüş mesafesinde büyük bir park içerisinde ve tamamen kumluk.

average
    • Double or Twin Room

No baclony or terace as they promissed - ask them before arriving; very poor and boring breakfast (omelett or pancakes or Bulgarian doughnuts). Impossible to take shower without drowning everything in the bathroom. Friendly staff (except for maen waiter) but sometimes very out - guy at the reception was not able to call taxi for me in the morning, cook or waiter forgot to prepare doggy bag with my breakfast which I have payed for.... many very bad mistakes if you stay longer there...

The hotel is ideal for a short stopover (max. 2 nights) in Burgas.

The bed was big and comfortable.
    • Twin Room - Attic

The room was very small,there was no elevator(3d floor),the breakfast was poor and the wifi connection awfull.

The bed was big and comfortable.Most of the staff was friendly.it is near the city center.

Smart, good value and close to trains and buses
    • Double or Twin Room

No lift at this property so a little tricky getting our big bag upstairs but not a big deal really. Initially thought open shower might be difficult but it was powerful and water drained away quickly. So, nothing negative really!

Only 10 minutes walk from the train and bus stations which is how we have been travelling through Bulgaria. Friendly desk staff, smart, clean room and great looking stairwell. Delicious cappuccino, donuts and pancakes for breakfast in a bright, modern space overlooking the street. Good value and perfect for one night stop-over.

Good family hotel in a quiet neighborhood close to the city center. Excellent restaurant!
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator. No soap or toiletries in the bathroom. Dated furnishings and beds. Mattresses need updating badly, too worn out and sagging.

Spacious room. Excellent restaurant and food. Helpful staff. Some spoke English. Bathroom was not small but the shower is somewhat over the toilet, although not completely. As it had hot water and was easy to operate, all you had to do is aim the shower head a little differently and the shower was quite normal. It is a typical shower type in Europe, it was fine. The A/C worked well, almost too well. I had to turn it off at times as it got cold. My room had a balcony and it was great to sit out there and enjoy the sunny day. Plus my clothes dried real fast :) There is an iron and ironing board on each floor. You have to ask for a hairdryer as there isn't one in the room. Overall, the hotel is in a quiet location, in a residential neighborhood, so sleeping at night afforded great rest. Across from the hotel, they just opened a new bakery and it has fantastic breakfast baked Bulgarian items like banitsa and cakes, even airian and lemonade, plus all types of bread made with bio products and super healthy ways. Just down the road is a small shop to buy tobacco and alcohol. I walked to the city center on foot, took me about 15 minutes. Felt safe at night. The included breakfast is wonderful. You get a menu with 4-5 menu options. I chose the 'mekitsi', a typical Bulgarian fried dough breakfast. These were by far the best mekitsi of my life! I even took a photo, and they were delicious! The restaurant was great, dinner food was also very tasty and not too pricey. The ambiance is wonderful as well. Super recommend the restaurant!

Must have been good when new, now - badly maintained and overpriced - would NOT recommend

When I entered into my room I thought it looked like the ones on the pictures I've seen, yet at a second glance I've uncovered a different story. Let me put it in a few bullets: - There was a leak from the air conditioner, hence one of the walls had a big yellow stain with wall paint peeling off; - There was mould on the bed mattress (not to mention I am allergic to mould); - Bed sheet was too small and could not cover the mattress well, so turning in bed needed to be done very very carefully to make sure not to lie on the mattress directly; - Floor carpet was in stains; - Bathroom ventillator was not functioning, so bathroom needed quite some time to get back to normal after taking a shower; - There was a storage room just opposite my room, so I was woken up early every morning by the staff who were energetically doing their job (8 a.m. during my vacation); - I talked to the receptionist, shared I am not satisfied with the state the room is in, so requested a discount in the price and was assured my request will be brought up to the hotel manager's attention; - When I was checking out the manager was not aware of my request (either the receptionist did not share or the manager did not care enough). All in all, after explaining the situation once more (which they would have known anyway), I was thanked for having shared my feedback and no discount made. - To sum up - you could use the property in case you had no other alternative, yet I would not recommend. Low value for money.

Location is the best asset of this property - witin walking distance from the city center.

Good value for the money spent but could be better
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs some renovation. Clean but worn out. Torn on the wallpapers, couple of holes on the sheet.

Good location, nice architecture, good breakfast, parking availability, 24 hours reception, comfy bed.

Located quite nicely near the center and the train station,...
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was really smelly: smoking inside used to be allowed and that is still smell-able unfortunately. The air-conditioning worked well, but it was located in such a location that you constantly felt cold air flow even when you were in bed.

Located quite nicely near the center and the train station, little farther from the beaches though.

It was my 5 or 6th stay in this hotel.

It was my 5 or 6th stay in this hotel. Lyuboslava and other friends were very nice and helpful. Good and useful park facility, safe and secure location, silent area, short walk to city centre. Thanks for everything. You are great!

Stylish historical building, top location
    • Twin Room - Attic

In the reservation there was written "normal balcony room". It was no balcony, I felt disappointed.

This is sort of historical building. Very stylish, I like how it looks like. The staff is friendly and helpful. Top location, in a quiet street, near to the city center. Within 20 min you go to the Central beach.

value for money?
    • Double or Twin Room

No breakfast buffet, just a rather sparse breakfast off a limited menu. No view at all from the head-high windows. The hotel is not in one of the interesting areas of Burgas.

Good value for the price
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist lady was a bit disorientated and not informed about the surroundings when we asked her about stores and restauranta nearby.

Room was big, wide and clean. Bed was comfortable. It was quiet at the night and we took a nice rest despite the hot weather. A parking lot is also available at the hotel. Fair value for the price asked

Nice hotel not far from the center.
    • Double or Twin Room

The administrator on reception was the grumpiest person I have seen for a while. No smile, no friendliness...he did his job, but he was grumpy on both, check in and check out...I would not go back in such a hotel.

Nice hotel not far from the center. The room was large and the bed comfortable. We were able to use our Genius +2 hours on check out, which we really needed.

Small classic hotel with restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

The free breakfast is nice in food quality but it is served a la carte and it is very restrictive in food amount - one dish (omelet, bulgarian donuts, etc) and one drink on your choice.

It is a nice classic hotel with restaurant located a bit outside of busy central street, so it is relatively quiet place (screams of seagulls are not count). My room was large enough with a large and comfort bed, there is a electric kettle and tea/coffee supplies in the room.

OK for the value
    • Double or Twin Room

The fridge did not work, even tho we noticed the reception the problem was not resolved. The air conditioner had some problems too (broken flap). These two issues were a bit annoying because the weather was hot, we had to open the windows and the street was sometimes noisy.

Beds were comfortable, and the room was spacious.

The bed was comfortable and air conditioning was working.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is very small and you have an open shower, no separation between the toilet and shower space. There was no soap available.

The bed was comfortable and air conditioning was working. :) It was clean and enough for a short stay.

normal
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower in not very good (very hot or freezing water). The rooms are very old, somethings are broken like the hangers. The wallpaper was falling and the bath towels had holes.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very nice. The breakfast was OK for a 3 star hotel. The is private parking if you reserve it, very safe. Good location between Sozopol and Nessebar.

An ideal spot in central Burgas
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is ideal for a short stopover in Burgas. From the bus station it is a 15 minute walk,may be slightly tricky to find if you arrive at night but it is actually very central to the main pedestrian street. The sea park is 10 mins walk away. The restaraunt downstairs is where breakfast is served,which was very good,and also stays open late for evening meals.

Nice staff, very nice restaurant, nice menu.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom, small with shower. Impossible to shower without drowning everything in the bathroom

Nice staff, very nice restaurant, nice menu. Walking distance to the center of the city. Clean room, quiet

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Nice hotel with good location and friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room we booked was smelling badly of tobacco smoke. Elder travelers - stairs!

The top 3 values of this hotel are: location, staff, parking. At first sight (and if you drive with a car, coming from north), the hotel seems to be far from the center. But actually it is at a waling distance ( 5 min) from the Municipality/city center. The staff is really friendly and helping(we asked for a different room. done. extra pillow?done. extra towel? done.).

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Shame that they did not care for there guests inconvenience of the problem.
    • Double or Twin Room

needs some attention to rooms as there are many items broken. The last day there was no water for 24 hours. No apology or discount on room as there was no shower or toilet. My husband had to go and find bottled water to put down toilet! NOT HAPPY.

Nice staff and good location.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

FREE UPGRADE/ GOOD OMELETTE/ MYSTERY NOISE
    • Double or Twin Room

Two single beds together are not as comfortable as a double. The aircon is turned off. Perhaps it cannot double as a heater. The radiator was inadequate for such a large room. Unfortunately, I heard a 'generator' noise apparently hitting the bathroom here too, but not as bad as in the previous room. As my room was above the dining room, I heard quite a lot of activity in the evening and as I was facing the street, quite a lot of noise from there too. But the room was very nice.

I must say that I was treated very well at this hotel. I asked for a double bed, but was given the key to a twin-single room. When I asked for double, I was offered a smaller room with a four-foot bed. Unfortunately, there was a very loud noise from some kind of generator which seemed to hit the bathroom. Eventually, the manager was able to find another room, which turned out to be a 'suite' with sofa and armchairs and about three times the size of the room I had left. This is a very nice room. Since I could not hear the 'generator' noise, I took it. The breakfast omelettes are good, as mentioned by other reviewers. It pays to ask for things at breakfast, rather than take the menu at face value. I way told by a waitress that Ī should tell her what I would like. I did not, however, try ordering caviar. The restaurant has beautiful enlarged photographs of old Burgas. The trout dish, which I had for dinner, is actually a fillet, which is unusual. I asked for potatoes instead of broccoli and the price was the same. A young receptionist, whose name now escapes me, was terribly nice.

Not recommended for couples
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Very Noisy 2. Stuff were not so nice "Not all of them" 3. Requested balcony but had a room without. 4. Requested room for smokers had a room for non - smokers. "Then they put me a sign in the room that if i smoked they will fine me 100 BGN" 5. They entered the room and clean it without my request.

1. Location 2. Clean

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Excellent customer service and value for money

Excellent location and value for money. The staff was exceptionally nice. Well heated rooms. Clean and well maintained. We had a lovely terrace. Secure parking.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The room was very clean and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room smelled of cigarettes and airing it didn't help with that.

The room was very clean and comfortable. The restaurant served really tasty food. The price of the room was really good for what we got.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

we are happy with the place but we are considering changing our hotel because of this arrogant wait
    • Double or Twin Room

1member of staff is arrogant and thinks she owns the place also she is trying to rule the rest of staff she is the waitress in the bar i and my wife have contact with previous staff and they all have 1 thing in common the same person is the reason why they have quit

room warm and comfortable beds although they could be a bit more generous on the tea or coffee facilities

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great hotel, as always.
    • Double or Twin Room

This time there we was no coffee in the room, only tea, and no spoons for stirring.

Very good as usual, we have visited at least 20 times over the past 3 years.

Would't stay here again.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was thick snow outside and we only had a small electric heater for our bedroom with no remote control to use the aircon for heating. There was coffee sachets supplied for our first day there and was told they are not replaced as this is a "First day complimentary drink only" Our room wasn't cleaned the first morning and the bed wasn't made, the cleaner just threw the duvet back over the bed, when we mentioned this to reception we were told the room had been cleaned and beds made, when they clearly hadn't.

The location is good and the food in the restaurant is good value for money and a good quaity.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Location is in a quiet street not too far from the centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is from a simple menu. Not much choice but the omlette I had was good. The shower made the whole bathroom wet as it is a wetroom.

Location is in a quiet street not too far from the centre. Private parking so don't have to pay for the local parking scheme. Staff helpfull. Restaurant on site be it with a limited menu. You get 15% discount as a hotel guest in the restaurant. Daily maid service. Value for money.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great value for money
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We have been here in December and they do not have central heating. There is an electrical radiator and a split unit working in heat pump mode. We left them running the entire time we stayed there and it was ok. Only on arrival it was kind of cold.

The position is great, there is a 5 minute walk to the center. The area is covered by all kind of shops, you can find anything there. The restaurant is one of the best in town and you do get a discount on the food if you stay at the hotel. The staff is very nice and they speak perfect English.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

The proximity to the Opera House makes this an obvious...
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the hotel is becoming more and more in need of some cleaning and redecoration. So many items in the rooms are not checked and/or replaced which makes it such a sad place to stay for any longer than a night at a time. The secure parking is a tight squeeze and the hotel now stands in a blue zone.

The proximity to the Opera House makes this an obvious choice for nights out there. We use it regularly because of this and the good restaurant which is open after the show.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Lovely place
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all, the hotel is in an excellent location really nearby the tourist attractions, the bus/train station and in a walking distance from the seaside. The building itself is a beautiful house from the late Secession era in the 30's, well taken care of and in perfect condition. The cleanliness in immaculate as well as the furniture-one of the most comfortable mattresses I've slept on in a long time! The lack of a lift could be challenging if you are bringing a bigger piece of luggage, but I understand that it would not be possible for one to be installed due to the structure of the building. My room had a huge balcony the same size as the room itself where you can enjoy your coffee and cigarette. And don't get me started on the price! It is totally worth it! Will definitely go back again!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

For 20€ you get nice and clean overnight..

I got room on the second floor with balcony...room No 26 and I think it's the only one with balcony,big one...parking is difficult to approach from behind of hotel.. Very clean room and nice staff...

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Not for west europeans
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom without shower cabin, just water all over the floor, no elevator, rooms with poor furnitures, very poor breakfast.

Ok is not expensive, but...

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

had a one night overnight stay with friends
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a smell of cigarette smoke in the room when we arrived, yet it was a non smoking room we booked.

Nice location, good restaurant and good value for money

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Reported a number of problems with the room, which were...
    • Double or Twin Room

Reported a number of problems with the room, which were never attend to. Used to be a favourite spot of mine but it seems like the staff have stopped trying!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Quite,well placed for transport.

No lift, not buffet breakfast, but did enjoy the omelette, only one complimentary coffee or tea drink in your room. Not worth the kettle being there.

Bathroom new,modern and clean. 10 min steady walk to Bus and Train Station.Again 10 mins steady walk to square where its more lively. Information Centre slightly closer. Quite area for sleeping.Happy Grill close buy for good food at fair price with English menu.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Great price, localisation and kind personel
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom without shower area, the hole bathroom is wet when using the shower but we can use to :), Cosmetics packet could be better.

Great restaurant, kind and helpful personel, good localisation, clean rooms, great price and free bicycles

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Nice staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

A mistake in the describtion: all rooms has not a balcony, only few rooms.

Nice staff. Very serviceminded. The restaurant served fantastic meals. The area around the hotel, spescially the great market with vegetables, meat and fish. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Great value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Our only complaint was the stairs and it is either one or two levels. The building is very old and has been refurbished with no room for a lift. If anything they need a porter to carry the bags uop the stairs for you.

The hotel staff were friendly, helpful at all times. The position and room was great. The value was in our eyes very acceptable but remember when you book there is also a add on you pay when you arrive.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

A chip off the old block!
    • Double or Twin Room

No lift,but no problem, nice staircase. Breakfast could be a little more varied.

Location, short walk to many bars and shopping. Food good and excellent value.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

No balkon - No fun
    • Twin Room - Attic

THE OWNER LAY IN THE TEXT ABOUT THE ROOMS ! Sad all rooms have balkon but they have only 3 rooms with it. So dont expect any balkoon. The room on the photo is the best payed room, normal rooms dont look so nice. And the air-condition was so loud that the guest from next room come and please for turned it off. So never again this hotel.

Personal was friendly and helpfull, but they cant do anything with our problems. Breakfast was good with excelent caffe.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

The room was beautiful, the bathroom was very clean, the...
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was beautiful, the bathroom was very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. The location was also very convenient for the centre of Burgas.

Good budget hotel in great location
    • Double or Twin Room

The beds and pillows were low quality, didn't sleep well. Breakfast was OK. The French toast was terrible but my pancakes were fine.

The location was great and staff friendly.

Browse Hotel Chiplakoff traveller photo gallery