Reviews of DITER Hotel 3 stars

65, Han Asparuh St., Centrum, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

#88 of 179 hotels in Sofia

Staff were good and helpful

we wanted a double room but a twin bed room was only available which when we saw the photo was OK but what we got was two beds in seperate rooms

The location was good

Great location and nice facilities.

The room and the bathroom needs renovation. Although it was clean and comfortable, it should be more modern.

Quite a nice hotel with a very big room and comfortable bed. It has a nice restaurant nearby with excellent food, be sure to try it. The breakfast was very good with a lot of variety and the hotel was, in the overall quite pleasant. The location was very good, and you can have a nice walk to the city center.

We had an early check in due to our flight landing really...

The shower was a little bit hard to figure at first and the internet connection was very weak in our room.

We had an early check in due to our flight landing really early in the morning. Breakfast was offered to us while we were waiting. All the staff were super nice and we couldn't have felt more welcome in this hotel.

Nice and helpful staff, good location.

The rooms have carpet floors, which was not easy to see from the pictures. The room also looked older/not as nice as the pictures. The carpet floors also had big stains and there were stains in the bathroom ceiling. The breakfast was limited, and one of the days the milk and youghurt was warm.

Nice and helpful staff, good location.

Super friendly staff! would recommend for solo travellers.

The breakfast was average and could be better but with the price that I paid I am still very satisfied:)

I met two staff there and they were both super friendly and helpful! I actually end up staying there for another day because the room was comfy and the staff was so friendly. I first booked a double room but got changed to a single room with an extra breakfast in return. The single room was not fancy, but very comfortable and got everything that you need for a single room.

Convenient and practical economy class hotel

Do not expect luxery rooms and service from this hotel, but for the money you pay it is excellent. No surprises and good location close to walking street and city center make it one of the best in this price category.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the lady...

The bathroom should be renovated, the blinds in the room are supposed to be installed.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the lady receptionist welcomed us very warmly and the man receptionist impressed us a lot. We left at night and asked to prepare a few sandwiches for us so the receptionist not only gave us a huge package of food and fruit but also helped us with the suitcases to the taxi. The furniture in the room is very old and the pillows are also out of order but the location is good and the breakfast is good enough.

Very pleasent to stay 3, 4 days in Sofia

Old mattresses and always exactly the same breakfast. Requires owner's new investment to improve the customer experience.

Employees' Kindness and very active cooperation to help customers during the stay. Employees Very prepared and too good for the place.

Holidaying in Sofia - DITER Hotel

The decor was a little outdated.

The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious. The breakfast was good, quite adaquate and in an excellent location. Good value for money.

Fair price for a great location and nice facilities.

Water pressure a bit low, and the hot water doesn't last too long. The beds we had were too soft and lumpy.

Excellent location, great price, staff is friendly, breakfast is okay, massage shower is nice. The room had a balcony that offered nice view to the street and fantastic breeze in the evening.

We had a quite satisfying stay.

Quite noisy at night (noises coming from a machine,no traffic noise pollution).Poor variety of TV channels.

Spacious room and bathroom,comfort and satisfying meals! The location is great-shopping street,bookstores,pharmacies nearby.Excellent WiFi connection.

Excellent location close to all main sights and public...

Be aware that rooms at the front may have some traffic at night. Subterranean breakfast room is a bit dark and the layout strange.

Excellent location close to all main sights and public transport. Very spacious room

I would not book again, poor value for the money.

Hardly any breakfast items left at 9.30am. Asked if items like eggs could be provided and was told NO. I got no explanation or reason. The lady was rude. Breakfast did not end till 10am.

Very nice lady on the front desk, very helpful and friendly

Poor room service, particularly cleaning:

Poor room service, particularly cleaning: They do not supply soap and shampoo daily. Curtains fell down when I tried to open the window. One of the windows almost fell over me when I opened it.

I will come back:)

The employees were very polite and helpful. The room was big, cozy and clean. The breakfast was usual, but you don't need nothing else. Location is perfekt, we were with 1 year old baby and we were walking in the city with no problem, everything is so close

The shower was broken and it doesn't work at all.

The shower was broken and it doesn't work at all. There was all the night noises as a machine working or something like that.I couldn't pay in the local money because they hadn't to give me back change in the reception desk.

not very bad.

the room is very vintage, I think a new touch of modernity is needed. the lightining is bad.

-The staff are really kind and pleasent. -the hotel is in the center city

The staff were great and helpful and very friendly.

It’s a bit dated. No tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the restaurant was closed. There’s no way to even make yourself a cup of tea at night. Breakfast was average. The bread was the frozen bread and the coffee was terrible and Bulgaria has great coffee and crazy yummy bread. You have to walk around the block after breakfast to get a good coffee. Some thicker curtains would definitely help for the rooms in the ground floor.

The staff were great and helpful and very friendly. The nice young man at reception even lent us an umbrella to use on a rainy day. The location of the hotel is great the get around on foot to all the main sights.

In general it was pretty nice there, so I would recommend...

Shower wasn't working at all (but, to be honest, I didn't ask staff to fix it, I guess they was able to, if I asked).

In general it was pretty nice there, so I would recommend this hotel to others.

Position great!

We took breakfast 30' before the end and there was not luch left. No clean stuff or table, food hadn't been refilled...but I suppose they must have had an inconvenient today...

Position great! Next to the palace of culture, main pedestrian street, park, transportation. kind staff.

Top location, but for that price could've been better

- it was not as clean as advertised. Especially the bathroom. - the furniture makes a quite "worn out" impression - the shower cabin door war broken and it wouldn't close, so the bathroom itself would flood with water after a shower

-The location is top. Just a walking distance from all the main central sight-seeing POI. -The staff was super friendly and helping. -The rooms were quite big for our expectations.

The hotel is centrally located, small and the staff is nice.

The ventilation was bad, someone smoked Under the window of my room and the smell stayed in for the entire night. In addition the room cleaning left the door of my room complitely opened, luckly nothing was gone, but coming "home" to a open door makes it feel unsecure.

The hotel is centrally located, small and the staff is nice. The room was clean.

Rather cheap hotel in a good location closeby shops / restaurants

Refrigerator noise Slow shower drain / difficult to use shower Low shower head , low sink Walls are not really noise isolating Old building / interior Restaurant only used for breakfast Curtain 40 cm away from the window / not possible to really darken your room

Good bed/pillow/bedsheet Big desk to work on Quiet neighbourhood Breakfast hours 7.30-10.00 Elevator Wifi (altough not too fast it was OK)

With some little changes they can move up, but for the moment let's book somewhere else

The room was dusty, no good at all if you are allergic. Furniture is old, very old. One evening I come back and the room was not made up, I asked why and the receptionist said that she doesn't know, then after 20 sec of silence, he asked me "so what you want?" ... I had to explain that I needed towels chance, to make up the bed, toilet paper ... When I come back from I had to come back to the reception because there still was not toilet paper.

The location is very good, near the underground and near the center

ok for a night stay

The room and the lobby smells of cigarettes. One lamp didn`t work, it wasn`t warm enough, there was strange wind from the window directly to our heads. Not comfortable pillows and blankets. The breakfast wasn`t nothing special but for this price, I supose, it is ok. No uniform for the stuff and you can`t recognize them. The shower in the bathroom is so complicated- it is hard to understand how it is working

Great location, quiet street in the heart of the city. Close to a lot of restaurants and ypu don`t need a car.

Good location, good value for money

The shower cabin in the bathroom is a bit narrow. The shower cabin should be better cleaned, there are some dark spots on the wall due to skipping cleaning for some time, in my view. Except this, the room is relatively clean.

The hotel is located right in the city center, 10 mins walking distance from National Palace of Culture and the metro station there. Sofia airport is 45 mins away by metro. The rooms are quite big, but the shower cabin in the bathroom is a bit narrow though. The shower cabin should be better cleaned. Except this, the room is relatively clean. If it wouldn’t be for the bathroom, this would have been one of the best midrange hotels in Sofia I have stayed in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is very good - good meat, fruits, cheese, croissants :) I paid 72lv per night which is definitely a good deal and for sure I will stay again.

The bathroom really sucks, breakfast as well.

The bathroom is absolutely horror. I had big problems with the shower as the cabin was pretty damaged and the doors were not closing also the system is hard to use and very deteriorated. The bathroom was not that clean at all. Also about the bathroom I would like to add that one of my friends, staying in another room tried to close the shower door and the door broke causing him some cuts, the hotel not only did not apologised for the event but tried to put him pay 70 euros for a damaged bad door. The breakfast is not so good and the personal was pretty awful. I expected it to be served till 10 o clock but by 9,30 there was hardly something left: no more plates, no more food, not even coffee. When I asked for coffee a grumpy guy wearing sleepers appeared and behaved very rood as he stroke the coffee machine and made it work again. It was horrible. Regarding the parking, the hotel has not a parking spot and the one recommended was more like someones yard, very expensive and not at all friendly.

The location is pretty good, the bed is comfy.

- located close to main sights of Sofia

- not too well functioning showers (incl the hydromassage part) - rooms have a strange 'dusty' smell - no power socket next to the bed

- located close to main sights of Sofia - fairly easy to find - friendly staff - spacious room with huge windows - well functioning wi-fi

Xmas market stay.

The hallways were almost unbearably hot and the shower wasn't great.

Big rooms, comfortable bed, friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was also in a very good location to access all the touristy areas as well as bars, restaurants and markets. We felt it was excellent value for money.

Not nice hotel

Smell in the room an whole hotel was awful. staff could’t speak very well english, their service was poor. Breakfast were poor. Not too much to choose. Doesn’t worth 4€ at all.

Not too much to say . I like only traditional bulgarian restaurant right next to the hotel

Nice place to stay, lot of opportunity to improve in the hotel. i guess you pay for the location.

The breakfast did not even have english breakfast tea, I did not like the concentrated capuccino. The omelette was cold and too salty, it would be better not to put salt and allow people to add their own salt. The toast ... it's like they have been out in the air the whole night... I only went once I could not take that breakfast every morning even if I've paid for it. The other thing I really did not like, is that a young guy smoke at the reception when I came back one evening. Never mind it's cold outside and you the heater is really throughout the hotel but add some cigarettes smoke to it then, no thank you, that was a very bad move. I did not like the bed cover, it was very old and the blanket smelt old too. These are honest feedback, I hope you get better as the location was perfect for me.

The location, near the city centre, I could walk to a tube for 5min, or 14min if I want to fo south, or walking to the centre for less than 10min. It was very clean and quiet, I slept well, I did not really mind the small fridges noise as other comments might have suggested here. The woman who was at the reception I talked to was very nice polite and friendly.

for the price it is good value, position is very good for exploring on foot

really should have tea/ coffee making facilities in the room,its a long trek to the brakfast room just to get a hot drink.

Breakfast very basic, lighting needs maintenance, flickering bulbs very annoying, coat hangers falling to pieces.

Mediocre but affordable and good location

The fridge is noisy all night long. The fans in the bathroom are too. Small sink. Disappointing shower. Mediocre breakfast.

Close to Vitosha street. Affordable. Staff is hospitable. Large room, large bed and extra couches.

The location is great, the staff very friendly.

The bathroom need to be improve.The bed is not so comfortable,missing additional pillows and blankets.The furniture is old. The fridge in the room was very noisy.

The location is great, the staff very friendly. The cleanliness was at very good level.

Hotel very convenient for local amenities. Staff good. Hotel clean. Unfortunately let down by very.

Unfortunately although I've rated the hotel good, we had an horrendous nights sleep. We were woken at just after 3 am with banging and shouting which sounded like the refuse collectors, there was also a lot od cars driving down the street. Very noisy.

Nice big room with a balcony. Breakfast good. The hotel was very clean throughout.

I would not recommend DITER hotel.

Old fashioned hotel, but this is not such a problem.. The room was NOT clean! We found dirt from the previous guests behind the curtain AND a lighter that was NOT ours! Unacceptable! Also, the shower was dirty, you could spot limescale on the tiles and they were slippery (shoap remainings). Also, although we were two people and the booking/payment was for two, we received only one towel set.

24hr reception

Had a good time, but expected more.

The place wasn't as impressive as it looks on the picture. Rooms were darker and the furniture just looked old, not antique chic.

The hotel is in one of the best neighbourhoods and great food places and hipster bars are within walking distance if you know where to go.

The Toilet was too close to the sink, shower could do with instructions as it wasn't clear how to operate at first, the double bed could have done with x2 extra pillows as 1 pillow per person isn't enough, the duvet was too small, the air conditioner wasn't powerful enough for the rooom size, half the lights didn't work properly, the telly could of been a little bigger as it was a good distance from the bed, the breakfast was inedible from the coffee and juice to the jam not that it was very big to begin with

The wired internet was very nice 54/44Mb.
    • Budget Single Room

The Wifi on the top floor was not very strong. Maybe 6Mb down. Luckily I had a wired connection that was great. The sheets and towels were past their prime. My towel had a hole in it. The ceiling light in the bathroom was out. The whole place smelled of smoke including my room. Not worth the price.

The wired internet was very nice 54/44Mb. Location was ok. Restaurant is onsite, with guest discount - but I didn't try.

great

Great location, friendly stuff. We didn`t use breakfast - there are a lot of great place so close to the hotel where you can have great breakfast, a lot of restaurants around. Really close to the main street.

GOOD LOCATION FOR A GOOD PRICE
    • Budget Single Room

my room was not fully cleaned in the morning

optimal location, near the NDK metro station and shopping stores. There is a close supermarket and lots of coffee bars. I definitely recommend this hotel as the staff is very professional

lots of potential given the location, but lot of work to do in terms of service

spotty wifi and internet connection, staff rather unhelpful when asked to fix any issues, twice room was not cleaned and made up at all, no do not disturb signs to avoid cleaner barging in unannounced, breakfast was rather poor and fruits were past selling date. coffee was undrinkable

room was quite wide and large given the fact we are in the centre of sofia

Great location and lovely staff

The pictures on booking.com compared to what it actually was, were very different so I was a bit of disappointed. The two rooms I stayed in were outdated, having said that the rooms were spacious and I liked the fact I could open the windows to let fresh air in.

The location, it was easy to walk to the main landmarks and there were supermarkets close to the hotel. It's off a main street but you can't hear much traffic luckily. The staff at reception were great!

Could be a lot better! There was a sense of little effort with breakfast.

Poor breakfast. By 9.30 most food had run out. Coffee was cold and no mugs! Had to ask both mornings! Shower not easy to use and air conditioning unit making very unusual noises

Good location. Excellent shopska salad! Nice welcome and served by helpful waiter for lunch when arrived who spoke good English. Helpful lady I reception who advised us regarding using the trams.

We had a very good and comfortable stay at Diter hotel

We didn't like the smell every time we entered the room, and the jacuzzi - hotel administrators may consider installing a simple shower easier to handle.

Hotel had a very good location, the main attractions of Sofia were at a walking distance, we could also find restaurants and places for breakfast near the hotel. The reception staff was very helpful! Room was spacious and nothing was missing!

The location and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Shower needed updating. You could pull the shower unit away from the wall when adjusting the water temperature. The shower head was broken. The shower cubicle door would not close properly. The room could do with updating.

The location and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Great location, walking distance from all main sites.

The showers are poor quality. The bathroom was overall clean but some toilet aromatiser would be welcome! Somewhat cold atmosphere, lacks a bit of charm.

Great location, walking distance from all main sites. Kind staff, overall clean and comfortable. Large rooms with fridge and air-conditioning.

Comfortable and good for the money

The breakfast wasn't great - the "hot" food was cold and the coffee was very bad.

Good value for money, and a perfect location! Staff were also happy to help out when necessary. It was useful to have a page of instructions for the shower!

Perfecto location for bars!

I booked the room for the location as it is situated next to my favourite bars. They also have a 24 hour check in which was really helpful as my flight arrived very late.

All great: location, value, price and the food!

There was nearly nothing I did not like. Maybe there is a bit of room left to improve the quality and variety of the breakfast.

The hotel is excellently located at a 7-8 min walking distance from Vitosha street and just next door to one of the best traditional restaurants of Sofia, Manastirska Magernitsa. However, it also has its own restaurant where you get 5% off the bill if you stay here. Great choice, the metro station at NDK is conveniently close too.

Nice older hotel, central location
    • Studio (2 Adults+1 Child) with Terrace

I like having coffee and tea in the room and this was not available.

Big spacious room. Not fancy but very comfortable bed. Nice balcony. Walking distance to metro, landmarks and pedestrian mall. Great food nearby, especially vegan restaurant Sun and Moon.

Wonderful stay in Sofia.

I should have paid better attention when the hotel sent me an email about Taxi's. We didn't go to the stand, instead someone wearing an "OK Taxi" badge inside the airport stopped us and it was late and I didn't realize that they weren't actually with the stand group outside. Cost me 20 instead of 10. next time I listen to the hotel.

The location is excellent. The air conditioning was wonderful and getting around was simple thanks to the receptionist who gave us a map and told us how to get a ticket for the public transportation.

Budget hotel with some hiccups
    • Budget Single Room

This has been the most disappointing hotel I have ever booked via booking.com. Its location is good, but that's about it. I don't mind the fact that the rooms are somewhat run-down, that can even be seen as part of the charm. But I do mind that while booking I was promised "extra good coffee" which turned out to be really ghastly instant coffee. Or that part of the breakfast gets reheated I don't know how many times (the little sausages got a bit darker every day). Or that room service never replenished toiletries, so that by the end of my stay I had to rationalise what little soap I had for showering etc. Or that the shower takes an extra 10 minutes every morning to fiddle around with so that there is any warm water. Or that the internet practically, never, never worked, except for maybe 10 minutes a day. Or that the safe comes with batteries that don't work properly so after you lock in your belongings, you will need to call reception: The safe still accepts the code to lock the door but by the time you want to reopen it, the batteries are dead. The staff at the front desk tried to be helpful, but most of the time there was only little they could do.

Location is good, staff try to be helpful.

Decent old style, good location, but you may end up without wifi for days.
    • Budget Single Room

They had a problem with the wireless router during the weekend and they told me that somebody was supposed to come to fix in on Monday. Basically I've been without internet for the entire weekend, and I had to go to a coffee shop to connect. If you need internet and you travel for business don't go there.

Horrible

A broken air conditioner in one of the two rooms we got and worst of all the bugs that stung . Shower taps can not be operated A meager breakfast is served in the basement divided by stairs. We had to flee from the hotel with sting marks f to another hotel, the financial and mental damage was great. Highly recommend not to rent a room in place.

Good hotel. Can be better.

Breakfast could have been better. Mostly had the basics. We needed to call the reception to figure out how to open the shower! The TV was quite small. The building was rather old, but the hotewl was clean.

It was close to the center about 15 minutes walk, and 10 minutes walk from the subway. Fast check-in and fast check-out. They let us leave opur luggage at the hotel after check-out. The room had pleanty of space and it was clean. The breakfast room was beautiful. Good and fast wi-fi.

A good, quiet, simple hotel option in central Sofia.

Room in need of (small) renovation improvements, including the shower, which was only partially working. (Operating instructions are supplied, but not all aspects of it worked - replacement with a single shower-head is recommended.)

Excellent central but quiet location in a good area; friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Very central, affordable hotel in Sofia

Some equipments could be improved: for example the shower wasn't working very well in my room... The coffee machine was broken also,(but that may have been fixed since then). The breakfast was a little bit disappointing, and the breakfast room quite small and dark ( basement).

Very good location, comfortable and calm room, affordable prices.I enjoyed my 3-nights stay.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Ants in the bathroom

There were lots of ants in the bathroom. After we complained to reception they sent somebody literally straight away which was nice but the person sprayed with vinegar or something that contains mostly vinegar and the whole rooms smelled throughout the whole time which made it really hard for sleep as it literally stank and even though the number of ants lowered they did not go away.

Great Location Folks (but please sort out the wi-fi !)

Wi-Fi in the room didn't work for about 80% of out stay.

Room size, Safety Deposit Box, Comfortable Bed, Surrounding Location For Bars & Restaurants, Breakfast, Friendly Staff, Mini Bar & Multiple English Speaking TV Channels !

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Fantastic Location

The bain marie for breakfast was broken so the food was cold, but otherwise everything else was fine during our stay

Great location and close to city centre

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Short break in Sofia

The bed was not very comfortable. I suggest the mattress is changed to a better one.

The hotel is in a good location , walking distance to the centre. The breakfast was quite good. The restaurant of the hotel is also a good one.

The location is great.

The bed is very uncomfortable , also the bathroom is in bad condition, the bath cabin was broken.

The location is great. The room was very clean and big enough.

Great location but the hotel need a refresh

The hotel is getting old... furniture, accessories and bathroom. I did not managed to get shower in the morning because it did not work for some reasons. Bedlines and cover blanket is also quite used and should be refresh.

The location is great. It is close to the main walking street Vitoshka and there are plenty of bars, restaurants, shops etc.

Good location and fairly comfortable but pricie for what you get.
    • Studio (2 Adults+1 Child) with Terrace

They are very mean with providing toiletries and towels. I stayed six nights and only provided a very tiny bar of soap and one very small bottle of shampoo. They waited until the very last sheet of toilet paper before replacing it with a new roll. They provided only two towels, a small one and a slightly bigger one, however they were of very bad quality, extremely thin. You only had to dry your face and they were already soaked, let alone drying your hole body. There is an extra charge for breakfast. I stay in many hotels around the world and in my experience what you get for the price you pay at the Diter hotel, in an other country even a more economically advanced, you would pay less.

The hotel is centrally located, clean and comfortable.

1. Location: close to attractions, NDK tube stop and...
    • Budget Single Room

The wifi was spotty or slow at times

1. Location: close to attractions, NDK tube stop and bars/restaurants. Everything was a short walk away. 2. 24 hour, English-speaking and friendly staff 3. Charming ambience: in an old house with modern decor

In the centre

There is no space to stop infront of the hotel if you arrive with your car, but close by there is a private parking where you can leave your car with a discount from the hotel.

-It's in the centre, close to many restaurants, shops, tram stops - very kind and helpful staff - clean and big room - easy to find

Lovely, spacious hotel! Enjoyed our stay.
    • Studio (2 Adults+1 Child) with Terrace

Breakfast a bit limited but still good. The multi massage shower was really nice but complicated to work and got freezing and burnt a few times! Some instructions would be a real bonus,

Really friendly staff. Huge rooms very nice and clean! Loads of channels. Comfy beds. Not too big, nice personal service.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great value for money

Great location, quiet street, comfortable bed, polite stuff. It is on the top center, metro station from/to the airport is very closed-10 min away. A lot of restaurants and cafeterias around .

Overall FAB!!

My only real complaint...the comforter was too light, the bed spread is horrible and polyester, but forced to leave it on the bed while sleeping to stay warm. The breakfast was, well crap, but I really loved the hotel, so I'd not take that to heart, Sofia isn't expensive so have some toast and go buy lunch somewhere else. And the hotel isn't expensive so I wouldn't hold it against them. Had to keep asking for toilet paper.

I really like the hotel a lot! We had a great room. Great staff. Great location. Highly recommend.

Pretty nice, great location

Room was on the first floor and on the street side, so was a little noisy. Shower was very complicated and hard to use.

Great neighborhood with nice coffee bars and restaurants, short walk to center and to metro. Staff spoke good English and were helpful.

Amazing stay, definitely returning!

The minibar stock was quite shocking, the alcohol had been clearly opened previously (bottle was half empty and then an attempt to seal it with the original seal was made). Fanta bottle had been refilled and again half empty. This was quite disappointing considering the quality of everything else.

Staff were excellent, helpful and very polite. Food could do with some more selection, but it was still great. Location really was amazing. Bed was very comfy, and everyday our room was spotless. Really impressive and great value for money.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Warm, relaxing, central.

I did not like the fact that in the room description it said that the room has a spa tub, and in reality it just had a spa shower. It is a different thing standing and being sprayed with water, and a different thing filling up the tab and having a jakuzzi like experience. Also, the comforter could be a bit larger/wider.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were extra large. The room was very warm, and you could control the radiator heating. It was clean and the wifi was good. The room also offered slippers! And there was a safe in the wardrobe. I also liked the large window, which you could open, and the view to some nice old houses. The location was super central and we hardly needed to use any public transport during our stay. Everything was within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Nice hotel with good value for money
    • Budget Single Room

Although checkout time was written to be 12am, according to the personal it was 11am.

Good heating, so it was very warm in the room although temperartures outside were really cold (-10°C). Good bed and well equipped room. Location near to main shopping street.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Horrible place to stay !!!

It was an awful hotel. We needed to stay there only for a night and checked in after 17:00. The staff was nice but the room itself was horrible. There was some strange smell something between cigarette smoke and a chemicals for cleaning the room/toilet. The furnishment was old. The bathroom was extremely disgusting, there was a mold in the corners of the shower cabin as well as some dried liquid on the shower itself. It was quite hard to start the water or to fix it on a normal temperature as the shower was not working properly. The smell in the bathroom was of some very strong and unpleasant chemical. There was a stain on the sheet. The bed was very big but unfortunately they provided us only with one duvet and it was not possible to sleep comfortable. Of course we requested another one, the receptionist informed us that she will see "what they could do about it " however when we came back nothing changed, no duvet. There was some black stain on the sheet and obviously the room was not used from ages. I recommend you to avoid this hotel.

The location was in the center of Sofia and everything is easy accessible

Browse DITER Hotel traveller photo gallery