View vacation packages to

2. Bulgaria hotel reviews
  3. Varna Province hotel reviews
  4. Varna City hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Grand Hotel London

Reviews of Grand Hotel London This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

3 Musala Str., 9000 Varna City, Bulgaria

#14 of 74 hotels in Varna City

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

Nice stay in a place rich with history. Nice details and great jacuzzi in the -1 floor. Recommend it
    • Studio

The attitude of some staff. For ex. one woman in the reception wanted to charge me for "an upgrade", and when I didn´t understand what this upgrade was she rolled her eyes at me and said it was beacuse we were three persons in the room. When I paid the fee, she sighed and said: "It´s PER night" and added "obviously!" Which put me in a very bad mood. It was not necessary to add that, I didn´t complain at all - I just didnt understand the concept of "upgrade" and how much I needed to pay extra. She could just have told me in a nice way.

I LOVED the breakfast. The room was also spacious and the beds very comfy. I didn´t miss anything in the room.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

Grand hotel in the old style at a great location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were rather disappointed in the breakfast, not in the variety and standard of the dishes, which was good, but rather in the lack of attention of the staff, in replacing the buffet as items were consumed. We had to ask for cereal because the cornflakes bowl was empty when we arrived for breakfast on two consecutive days. If the breakfast rolls had all been finished by the time we arrived, they certainly weren't replaced unless we asked. Also, sugar packets and serviettes on the table were replaced in a haphazard fashion. There was no milk provided for the cereal and we had to ask, and wait awhile for it to arrive, each morning. The tablecloths were stained from jam or other food stains. It seemed as if the the staff simply did not notice, or cared about these details. There also appeared to be a different staff member each day. I realise it was 'out' of season so probably breakfast was not high on the hotel's agenda at this time, but nevertheless it was not what I would have expected from a hotel of such a high standard. It was disappointing.

We were very impressed by the elegance of the hotel which harked back to another era. Rooms were massive, with elegant furnishings in keeping with that era and we were in a standard room. Bathroom was modern with bath/cum shower. The location was central to almost everything, otherwise it was only a short walk to Primorski Park and to the Port area. We did the free walking tour of Varna and we were impressed that our hotel was included in the tour. Staff were obliging. We were not able to try out the restaurant, as they were not open for dinner. Mainly because the 'season' had not yet begun, which is also probably why the room price was more than reasonable. We had a typical Bulgarian meal at the very nearby "The Architects House" restaurant which was simple and rustic and also at "Staria China" which was a bit more upmarket and was about a 8 minutes walk and was recommended by the hotel staff. Loved the 'Shopska" salad everywhere.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

Stefan, bellboy, was very helpful!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Key didn't work, someone had to let us in every time. No replacement key offered. Hot tub didn't heat up, wellness room was cold. Massage not available.

Stefan, bellboy, was very helpful! Excellent location

• Reviewed: April 21, 2019

Amazing staff - bellboy was brilliant and so helpful!

NA

Amazing staff - bellboy was brilliant and so helpful!! Amazing location - right in centre Jacuzzi to die for! And they gave us the key so we had the wellness centre to ourself (out of season for info <April>)

• Reviewed: April 11, 2019

Good location.
    • Studio

One reason I booked this hotel was the spa that was shown on the booking website. I found that it was closed which was a huge disappointment.

The location on the pedestrian street was positive. The rooms were old style but very large and comfortable.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: March 20, 2019

The staff and hotel exceeded our expectations, we had a...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff and hotel exceeded our expectations, we had a magnificent room, very spacious and comfortable. Staff were professional and friendly. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: March 4, 2019

I had an excellent breakfast, the room was great and the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I had an excellent breakfast, the room was great and the stuff very friendly. The price was really good for what the hotel has to offer. I will come back for sure.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Old world elegance
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi reception in the room was nonexistent, so I had to go out into the hallway to pick up a signal.

Elegant hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. Room was comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Breakfast was very good and the solitary staff...

The food menu left a little to be desired, there is no extras on list, eg, sauces, extras, not even French fries. We had occasion to ask the waiter to bring the challots which was supposed to accompany the main meal, they did arrive but by this time main meal was finished. Our steak dishes arrived on its own, no sauces very dry with a very dry salad.

Breakfast was very good and the solitary staff excellent{Victoria}.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

Little beautifull hotel just in centrum

Maybe bathroom needed some renovation soon. Everything else was good...

Room was very quiet and bed good. Room looked like made to Queen :) Breakfast was very very good and you could also order extra from menu. Reception was helpful and very smiley.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Don't believe the reviews
    • Studio

The dining room was appallingly run Nobody in charge No cups plates or cutlery on the table No fresh bread Butter had to be asked for We picked this hotel mainly for the very good reviews of the breakfast but we were badly mistaken Never again

Diana in reception was the best aspect of this hotel and was extremely helpful I am sorry to say the rest of staff seem to be poor and lacked training

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

Great hotel decorated in English style

The beds are small and uncomfortable .But, we enjoyed , and slept well.

The hotel is very nicely decorated -Breakfast was one of the best we had. The staff are kind and pleasant and welcoming.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2018

Perfect!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The gym in the hotel was vey small and inconvenient, poorly designed, most of the equipment does not work and not clean. The gym is not recommended. The sauna and jacuzzi didn't work when we stay there.

Very good breakfest! There was a lot of option in the breakfest menu. The stuff was vey kind and helped us with every quastion we had. The location was perfect! about 10-13 minutes from the sea (by walk), lots of resturants on the way. Behind the hotel is bul. "Knyaz Boris I" which is very nice looking. The room are large and very clean! Besides the gym we liked this hotel a lot! It was pleasant to come back to the room after long day of traveling.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Enjoyed stay good location
    • Studio

Had booked room with balcony but given room without Informed reception They eventually changed room but had to wait over two hours finally getting to room at nearly 4pm

Pleasant staff good breakfast spacious room

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

Great hotel would definitely stay here again when in Varna
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Selection of drinks in bar restricted and difficulty in obtaining beverages.

Beautifully restored hotel with extremely comfortable rooms. The staff were all very friendly and willing to help. Breakfast was outstanding with a great variety of hot dishes to order.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Unfortunately I cannot recommend this hotel anymore.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was my fourth stay in this hotel and this time I was really disappointed. My room looked a bit shabby and wasn´t that clean like it was during my last stay in 2017. Last two days I had no hot water at all. Breakfast was quite poor with no bread - I had to ask for and had to wait more than 20 min.

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Beautiful historical hotel in Varna center.

As 5 star hotel you could expect more service and common areas

Beautiful historical hotel in Varna center. Spacious and elegant room in classic style.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

I will be back and cannot recommend the hotel enough.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was difficult to find the car park the hotel “lives” behind.

The staff were unbelievably courteous and professional. I travel, heavily, for work and it has been over a year that I have had this level of genuine warmth and kindness.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Breakfast, staff, location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Ground of the room was very bad( no flat ground) the hair dryer was not working. We had problem with finding the parking place, no cars allowed in the street.

Breakfast, staff, location

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Great place in the heart of Varna
    • Studio

Breakfast is poor for a place thats rated as 5 star hotel. You will not be hungry, but the iveral impresson is quite moderate.

The hotel totally has its own atmosphere and history, the design is impressive. You can feel like staying in the Bulgaria in the last century. The rooms are spacious. Friendly staff always willing to help.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

stylish
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Towels,linen are old.Mattress not comfy.

Location is great.Walking distance to the cathedral and the archeology museum.Surrounded by shops .Helpful,kind staff.Very nice breakfast.Breakfast room is elegant with the street view.Delicious eggs!!

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Elegant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Elevator bumps and smells.towels matress and linen need to be renewed.Tv was on and off probably satellite problem.Soap dispenser did not work

Elegant historical building.location.breakfast.kettle and slippers.complimentary tea coffee.helpfull kind staff.warm room plus they gave electric heater.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

disappointed
    • Studio

lightening in the room, part of the bulbs was damaged hot water, one night there were problems with hot water supply, when i told about this to the reception man, he said that he cant help me right now, and hasn't offered any solution . the hotel furniture was very old and damaged king size bed , was made of two separate Mattresses, and was not comfortable.

breakfast

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

The location is fantastic, free parking and huge rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bedrooms and furniture are outdated, needs to be refurbished!! My bed squeaked all night. The towels in the bathroom stank.. won't revisit.

The location is fantastic, free parking and huge rooms.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Best breackfast ever seen - 15 Variations of eggs dishes -...
    • Studio

Neon Lights from the front of the Hotel, is passing the curtains in the top leveled rooms.

Best breackfast ever seen - 15 Variations of eggs dishes - Benedikt, Florentin, Royal , Scrambled, Fried, Mixed , etc. etc.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Great nice hotel, if you are in town for a day or two!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room, as it was a very nice and vintage interior, but it had modern cold lighting, which just didn't go well with everything else, but thats just me, I pay a lot of attention to detail.

Nice eggs Benedict! Great Location! Friendly staff!

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Magnificent hotel in the centre of Varna
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only small problem was actually driving to the hotel as one has to pass a barrier to the square where one can park and it was not easy to see the hotel due to many trees. Once one realisess the system it is very convenient!

Beautiful old hotel but with modern facilities in a very central location. Excellent friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Parking is good and free. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2017

The staff were very friendly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no tea and coffee facilities in the room, which was advertised. We did get a kettle when we asked, but it didn't switch off. When ordering room service, our meal arrived uncovered and no cutlery or napkins. The balcony didn't have any furniture. It would have been nice to sit outside as the view was lovely. The dinner menu in the restaurant wasn't as advertised on the web site. Very little choice. More a light lunch menu.

The staff were very friendly. The rooms were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

If you want to feel pampered, stay here. A great value for your money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Handrails on the main stairs would have been helpful

The staff are fabulous; they helped us at the door, greeted us graciously, helped us to our room and made sure we could access everything, gave us great directions and restaurant recommendations, and went out of their way to check and make sure our needs were being met. They even snagged a taxi to the airport for us in a rainstorm when taxis were busy. This lovely old, well-maintained hotel is adjacent to the pedestrian way and we walked everywhere from here. The beds are comfy and they have thought of everything you might need in the bathroom. The breakfast is both buffet and table served in quiet elegance with linen tablecloths and professional wait staff. The best urban hotel during our stay in Bulgaria.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

Charming hotel!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed mattress was a bit too soft for us, but that's a matter of personal preference

We had a spacious and comfortable room on the top floor, with quality vintage furniture, nice paintings on the wall, huge windows and a clean, spacious bathroom. The breakfast was amazing and we liked the concept of ordering the main dish from a menu in addition to the buffet. The staff was very nice and helped us with the arrangements we had (renting a car and ordering cabs).

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

Lovely relaxing stay and a nice walk in the pedestrian street.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not for wheelchair users, there is elevator but one must walk about 10 stairsteps before getting there.

Very pleasant reception and a very friendly staff. As the first asked if I was by car and when I confirmed they stamped my parking ticket so that the parking lot was free. I booked a standard room, but got what the many places called a junior suite. The room were tastefully equipped in old english still. A lovely place that I can recommend.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2017

Decadent, affordable luxury with clean, spacious elegant rooms and wonderful breakfast - recommend!

Everything exceeded expectations.

The room was spacious (30 sq m), clean and decadently furnished with classic chandeliers, wardrobe, desk, table and chairs. The bed was large and comfortable. The mini bar was well stocked. This was a "Standard Double" room, but very large and with 2 windows with views. The included breakfast was amazing, with both buffet and cooked-to-order items available. Try the mushrooms stuffed with blue cheese and bacon! Staff were courteous and efficient. Would absolutely stay here again if I return to Varna.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2017

Breakfast staff, especially laura, were so accommodating and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a little tired & ive never stayed at a luxury hotel with Kimberley Clark loo roll sheet dispenser & soap dispenser in the bath - so toiletries should be improved.

Breakfast staff, especially laura, were so accommodating and friendly - a real asset In fact all staff were great

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

The Grand Hotel London is a small gem in the center of Varna.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The Grand Hotel London is a small gem in the center of Varna. The location is excellent either to visit the city highlights, shopping, go to the beach or just wandering around in this cosmopolitan town. The breakfast buffet is good and you have also the possibility of ordering freshly prepared food from an extensive list of options. The staff is very professional and friendly. The Wi-Fi works great. Rooms and bathrooms are spacious. The hotel is very charming, having been restored to the glory days of its foundation in 1912. I highly recommend this hotel if you go to Varna.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Old world charm in quiet location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked about stamps and was sent to the post office. I appreciate it when hotels of this standard can manage to accept and post a postcard for me, it often happens in good hotels. Mattress felt tired to me.

Old world charm, woodwork, decor windows. Quality and layout of breakfast options. Freshly baked bread. The menu order items made to order but included in breakfast are excellent. Young man on reception very helpful, friendly.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Cool hotel right in the centre of a cool town
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee in the room. Some weird holes in the floor, under the carpet

Excellent services, super kind staff, very central location, free parking right in front of the hotel. Great breakfast, comfy bed

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Best hotel I have ever stayed in.

I wanted to stay longer!

Stunning hotel. The best I've ever been to... the wonderful furniture and interior, comfortable room, fantastic facilities and terrific service make this hotel truly brilliant.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

It was an amazing vacation and great place, the staff was...

It was an amazing vacation and great place, the staff was nice and very helpful, we realy had fun, everithing is close- great location! Clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2017

Anna and Petar
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I personally didn't like the gym. I think they could do a lot better then that for a five star hotel!

Great location, amazing breakfast, beautiful room and very helpful staff. I'm from Varna and would defenetly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in strict city center.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Pretty good but nothing to write home about.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although breakfast is very rich there was insufficient number and variety of tea bags and insufficient number of tea cups available during breakfast. Paper napkins offered seemed like one per person. Restaurant offerings were not as good as they were the previous year. All in all the restaurant was not to our liking.

This is our second stay at Grand Hotel London. We chose it based on its excellent location. Staff is quite friendly but seemed less professional than the year before.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

TV set small size

TV set small size

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

?
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not 5 stars Hall, reception smells of cigarettes Staff only 2 person good

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

Not enough drinks

Not enough drinks

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

Good location.

Breakfast was very poor.

Good location. Paid parking right next to it.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

The parking is not included anymore, nor talking about the...
    • Studio

The parking is not included anymore, nor talking about the fact that practically is difficult to find a place during the day!

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

good location

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

Lovely building.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lovely building. Great staff. Fab location. Great bfast. Would definitely stay again. Wifi is good also

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

Amazing location, very nice interior and good staff

Amazing location, very nice interior and good staff

• Reviewed: April 19, 2019

My stay at the Grand Hotel London.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

TV problems, heating issues.

The breakfast was OK.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

The best location, great pleace
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The best location, nice interior, big rooms, comfortable beds, good breakfast, parking in front, beautiful old building

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

Spacious rooms

Small beds

Spacious rooms

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

Exceptional place, great location, clean and luxurious and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the pillows, but at least they had extra pillows.

Exceptional place, great location, clean and luxurious and cozy rooms. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Locatiin
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pillows and the parking

Locatiin

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Really unusual hotel in terms of style. A nice change from minimalist hotels
    • Studio

Room, large, bed comfortable, windows could be opened, no traffic noise

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

Location, service, Jr Suite
    • Studio

Strange smell from the ventilation. Understaffed.

Location, service, Jr Suite

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Great location, historical hotel. Rooms are clean, nicely decorated
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Service is great, breakfast serviced to table.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

Beautiful hotel lovely period features very nice rooms

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

The location is great.

Very very old and dark.

The location is great. Close to the beach, the main attractions and city center.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Great as usual
    • Studio

Everything was fine as usual.

The perfect place for a short trip in Varna.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Most enjoyable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The sheets, the towels- there aren’t for five stars hotel, as well as the poor breakfast.The car parking is too expensive.

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Not much

Breakfast poor Apart from reception staff were inattentive

Not much

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

The reception helped us and was very service minded. A great experience.

Very nice breakfast, great quality.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Nice old style hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice old style hotel. Very clean, good food and great service! All staff are very polite and attentive. I will stay here again.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Breakfast, nice bed and location in middle of the city

Breakfast, nice bed and location in middle of the city

• Reviewed: August 16, 2018

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. Excellent location in a quiet street. Would highly recommend this luxury hotel.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

Great traditional hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Always difficult to navigate to through the streets of Varna... But that's not the hotels fault!

Lovely stylish hotel & staff.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Absolutely amazing, perfect in every way, great location, great good, great staff, fabulously clean
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I found the whole experience of my stay at The Grand London amazing - it was immaculately clean, staff were friendly and the breakfast was amazing

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Great location - very clean - very helpful staff

Great location - very clean - very helpful staff

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Superb location, size and cleaness of the room and staff...
    • Studio

Superb location, size and cleaness of the room and staff attitude!

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Location, parking
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Exhausted furniture, staff polite but not professional, not a 5 star hotel at all

Location, parking

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

The friendly staff ready to help at any time

Old bedding

The friendly staff ready to help at any time

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Waiter at breakfast was amazing, really helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Waiter at breakfast was amazing, really helpful. Also receptionist helped us with bus timetable and was very polite.

We Price Match