Reviews of Hilton Sofia 5 stars

1 Bulgaria Boulevard, 1421 Sofia, Bulgaria

#54 of 179 hotels in Sofia

A memorable Trip to Sofia-Bulgaria
    • King Hilton Room

There is just one thing, since i was travelling from Istanbul to Sofia by train, and i informed the Hotel well before time about my time if arrival and requested for a puck up from the station, but no one was there. Secondly when I contacted them, they informed me that no car was available for the pickup, so i booked a local taxi and reached the Hotel.

Everything was great. Good value for money. We eere nicely taken care of. Loved the trip. Thanks.

Very good location.
    • King Hilton Room

The room was not cleaned when I returned late in the afternoon. However, without calling for housekeeping, they cleaned the room some time later and the result was really good.

Very good location. Breakfast offers a variety of choices and live cooking for eggs and omelettes.

Very comfortable bed, great view from the window, nice...
    • King Hilton Room

The receptionist made 2 Mistakes, forgot to give me change and gave me the wrong bill for the accommodation which I paid before

Very comfortable bed, great view from the window, nice location

Great accessibility to all important places in the centre.
    • King Hilton Room

Lunch selection - not many vegetarian options and they were not very healthy.

Great accessibility to all important places in the centre. The park behind the Hilton gives a great opportunity for a morning run. Very nice and comfortable atrium, especially refreshing after a hot day outside.

They blocked my money which should be unblocked after the...
    • King Hilton Room

They blocked my money which should be unblocked after the payment for the stay, which they havent done so yet after severská days, so I paid 1050 euros instead 400, which ruined my stay completely. And I still do not have my money back, IT IS veru unserious.

Best Hotel in Sofia!

Nothing. All was good

The attention and the fact that we requested a quiet room away from elevators and they did not give us excuses and booked us a nice room overseeing the city. It was room 409 very quiet corner view and we oversaw the parking lot so we could have a view of our vehicle as well.

Dissapointing
    • King Hilton Room

Too expensive breakfast, the oricea in aofia for breakfast are very cheap and they asked for 42$ for a breakfast for two. I had a felling that thw staff tries to sell me other services all the time and whan I asked for help they wasn't that passionate to help as they was when they triwd to sell...

overpriced for my money.
    • Twin Hilton Room

1.Spa? pleace..pool 5mx5m with white tiles( like a hospital) and naked Germans IS NOT a SPA. 2.Parking space for 12.5 euro per night in 5* hotel is NOT a 5* hotel.

The staff were lovely.
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

The pool is kept quite cold, particularly for small children. I'm not really complaining, but it's something you might want to be prepared for.

The staff were lovely. They were all very kind to my 4-year-old twins.

they don't deserve the money! Chose another one!
    • Park Executive Suite with Executive Lounge Access

I had a special request for a quiet room and the hotel sent me the confirmation on this. However I have received a room with a connecting door and from that room I could hear everything. The result was that I couldn't sleep; it was noise until 5 am. On the second night they gave me another room, but it was quite late... The hotel could not have any solution for the first night. The services are very poor for a 5 stars hotel, no customer orientation at all. I will never stay here again! They have a huge price but they don't deserve it! Although I made complaints, the manager of the hotel, did not have the courage to look me into eyes and say at least " I am sorry". He/ She was hiding all the time... The mattress was hard for a 5 stars hotel, the swimming pool is very small.

Bed was really comfy.
    • Twin Hilton Room

No complimentary water, which would have been nice considering it's a 5 star hotel & Bathroom amenities were pretty average.

Bed was really comfy. View of the mountain was nice too.

The Hilton is always a good idea!
    • King Hilton Room

I absolutely hated the fact that it was quite far from the (old) city center. We had to take the metro or the taxi, which costed us a lot of time and after a while it gets quite annoying to wait for a taxi every time you want to go out for dinner et cetera. I also didn't like the fact that most people in Bulgaria immediately want to make profit out of you as soon as they find out that you're staying at the Hilton.

It's the Hilton.. What's there to do wrong, am I right? Nice breakfast, friendly staff, quick and proper cleaning of the rooms, soft beds and you (and your expensive stuff) can feel pretty safe. Supermarket for some daily products was very nearby, as well as the metro station. Taxi's arrived mostly within 10 minutes.

Not a regular hilton, In my opinion it deserves 3 star, not 5!!
    • King Hilton Room

I booked two rooms and We had waterpump problem in both of the two toilets, It wasnt working and when I asked to the staffs they said this problem is occured at all of the city but this answer is not sufficient for me, because hilton has a reputitity and have to be perfect!! Besides one of the hairdryer was not working. Additionally they took 25BGN for the car parking for one car and even my duration of stay was less than 24h... This was not fair!!

Pretty satisfied
    • King Hilton Room

The personnel both at the reception and the restaurant was rude. The food at the restaurant was tasty but below expectations and for sure not value for money. In the room there was an extra shield door that creates confusion .

The location was very good, walking distance to the center, the parking place was easy to approach. The bathroom was big, full of amenities and the mattress was very comfortable.

Excellent choice Hotel Hilton Sofia
    • King Hilton Room

We stayed at the Hilton Hotel one night and sure if next time come to Sofia we will stay at Hilton, staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is great, very near Vitosha Boulevard which is the main commercial street of Sofia where you can find many restaurants and bars.

Beautiful accomodations with easy access to downtown
    • King Hilton Room

The parking lot just outside the room is not so beautiful, but I don't believe it's connected to the Hilton. The 'to go' coffee was cleaned up and put away exactly at 11, which is when breakfast is over. (It would've been nice to be able to still take one 'to go'. )

Delicious options for breakfast. Spa area was clean, with a nice steam room and sauna. Private locker/changing rooms. Pool was being repaired. Bed was extra comfortable and bathroom was modern. The view from the room was beautiful, overlooking Vitosha and the park.

Room was great, staff was very helpful and accommodating. Great customer experience!
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Bed was extremely firm. Some may like that but not my personal preference.

The check in and check out process was seamless. The staff was helpful in pointing me to things to see, good local food, a good local coffee spot, etc. They were also very helpful in arranging all of my transport.

Good place to stay for a short weekend break
    • King Hilton Room

Charged for a bottle of water which is located outside of the mini-bar but is not included in the room rate.

Stayed in an Executive Room which I thought was good value for money.

Perfect

Not a single thing!

This was a really beautiful hotel. Treated like royalty by all staff. Customer service was truly outstanding. Especially thank you to the duty manager at the front desk for her kindness and professionalism when we spoke to her. We had believed the bike rental was available but it turned out that it wasn't. But the duty manager (on eve of the 21st October) was most kind and understanding. Wish we had noted her name. She also immediately sent extra towels, bathrobe and toiletries to the room as soon as we requested (for 3rd person in room- my adult daughter.) We loved the decor of the lobby. Everything was very plush, clean and comfortable. We were in an executive room with beautiful views of the city and also of the churches in the distance. Food in the lounge and restaurant was outstanding. Spa was spotless and beautiful.Location ideal for wandering into sofia at night. Thank you all!

Never again
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

Simply one of the worst experiences ever. I travel all these years and this happened to me only once. I booked several days ago before the arrival my room with Hilton Sofia, and I got confirmation that my booking was accepted and everything was perfect. I even received an email asking me if I wanted transportation arranged by the hotel. I arrived in Sofia 23:00 and it took me 30 minutes to get to the hotel. When I arrived a smiling lady greeted me, and told me that she is glad to see me but I had no room. No explanation why my room was gone, and actually no real desire to offer me something else. She had the nerve to offer me accomadation to a 4 star hotel, but if I wanted a 4 star hotel, I would book a 4 star hotel. I started complaining about it, and she started calling unwillingly others hotels. After 30 minutes she found 1 room in a hotel so dated and old , that honestly I was trying to avoid every time I was visiting Sofia. As it was close to 1 in the morning ,I took it. Overall experience from this hotel, bad, as I never expected Hilton would react like this. Trully a dissapointed to the brand. They had the chance to call me or send me an email even the day before or the same day as my flight was at night and I informed them about my arrival time. Will not book with them never again.

- very bad breakfast -- definitely not worth 21€ per person
    • King Hilton Room

- very bad breakfast -- definitely not worth 21€ per person - also buffet at wedding we took place was not good - very high prices for food and drinks compared to local prices (for example 8€ Aperol Spritz) - at check-out: charged my credit card before showing me the bill - wrong amount (2 days breakfast instead of 1): told me, that it would be very complicated to reverse the money, so I got it cash in their national currency... - sauna & indoor pool are a joke

There is No swimming pool at the property but a large bath...
    • King Hilton Room

There is No swimming pool at the property but a large bath thub in which no one can swim. They cheat when they say they have a pool! Note this : they cheat!!!

Luxury
    • Twin Hilton Room

A magnificent breakfast was offered with plenty of choice. The room was a great size and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful

It was a night of luxury.
    • King Hilton Room

Hard to say. The breakfasts were E16 in advance or E24 at the restaurant. Glad we gave it a miss as you can eat in all the cafes around Sofia for a fraction of that price.

It was a night of luxury. Everything was nice about the hotel. It was clean, fluffy and luxurious. It had super air con. The shower was good and the aircon was very cold. And best of all we paid £71 via Booking.com which made for a very very good value stay in Sofia. Its easy to walk to the centre from the hotel.

Fantastic stay after a long day of travelling
    • Twin Hilton Room

Wonderful accommodation continue to make the guest feel appreciated and valued.

The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast had great selection and the staff were very attentive.

Lovely clean and very helpful hotel
    • Twin Hilton Room

A lower price of the breakfasts and bottles of beer plus could have done with serving cider aswell

The staff was really helpful on advising where to go and visit around town.

Localization is perfect.
    • King Hilton Room

The breakfast is good, however a little bit overpriced. The swimming pool is very small.

Localization is perfect. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful.

My only hotel in Sofia from now on !

Nothing to dislike.

Excellent and professional staff, from the front desk to the room service personnel. Very friendly and helping. Helped with getting into the room I wanted, parking, letter mailing, EVERYTHING.

Great deal for the weekend discount price.
    • King Hilton Room

Some little things seem off and broke a bit my routine. No wine in the minibar. No CNN or Fox on TV. No proper lat machine in the gym. No protein/basic supplements available. No bathtub soap, one of the shampoos works for bubbles, not great.

Great deal for the weekend discount price. Slept really well. Bar was nice.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Not a 4 Star Hotel!
    • King Hilton Room

Spa center was poor. Haman was out of use. General poor decoration in the room. For sure it was not a classic European or USA Hilton experience. If you choose this accommodation you should have lower expectations, when compared to other Hilton hotels.

Cleanliness of the room. Good bed, pillows, etc. Nice and clean bathroom. Good staff behavior.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Very nice staty at a superb hotel
    • King Hilton Room

This is a typical Hilton, so you get what you expect from this high-end hotels. The best part is that through booking we got the double room with single occupancy for 66 Euros only, so this really makes it value for money. The hotel is right next to the EU metro station, so you can reach the center easily. This was important given that during winter time walking outside is not so pleasant.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Excellent hotel.

Excellent hotel. Easy parking, very friendly staff, very decent price & great food. Quite amazed by the fact that the printing is for free! Best hotel in whole Sofia for business & leisure; highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Very pleasant and professional hotel
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

I stayed for 3 days and toiletries were not replaced on 2nd day. A few mistakes were made with room service breakfast.

Very comfortable bed. I was there for a conference which was in the hotel so perfect location. Room service was good. Bar was very nice. Not expensive.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Great location and great service
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

I liked the breakfast setting and the quality of food. The room was excellent. This was also my second visit to the hotel so I was impressed with the service even more. The executive lounge position and the selection of drinks and snacks was awesome and the service was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Great location!
    • Park Executive Suite with Executive Lounge Access

The bed for the 3rd person in our suite was really uncomfortable. Tiny and poor executive lounge. The room was not ready for check-in until 4 o'clock.

Great location! Satisfactory breakfast and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Superb Relaxing break in Sofia HIlton
    • Twin Hilton Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

The lady who checked me out, came across as too abrupt and not friendly. However the rest of the front desk were great.

We were on the 9th Floor, great views, lovely bedroom. Very spacious, dressing gowns, safe, complementary water, shower, bath. My daughter found the beds especially comfortable. Friendly and knowledgeable concierge. Executive lounge.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Staff is very warm and welcome, location, view of the room,...
    • King Hilton Room

They can improve more executive lounge with beverages and snacks.

Staff is very warm and welcome, location, view of the room, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is rich.

Doesn't deserve a 5 star status
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

Lounge. Far away from the rooms on a different floor. It should have been next to the executive room.

Omellete facility

Did not meet my expectations.
    • Twin Hilton Room

The room was fairly basic for a 4 star hotel. Also, there was a bad smell coming out of the bath room.

Nice location, big reception.

Good but the over priced room was a kicker
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Booked last minute and as a result room was over priced

Breakfast, helpfulness of staff

No complaints.
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

An amazing view, with a comfortable bed and soft robes. The executive lounge was great, with an excellent range of drinks and snacks.

Terrace of the hotel where people can relax and enjoy coffee...
    • Twin Hilton Room

Terrace of the hotel where people can relax and enjoy coffee is unconfortable and out of fuction. It was locked.

Swimmig pool is small

Good hotel with good standards

Cleanliness, service

Staff were excellent

Staff were excellent

disappointing
    • King Hilton Room

over priced, poor room service.

room service didn't turn up for 90 minutes so I cancelled, very poor after travelling all day.

Good location poor shower
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Shower water stream was very low

6.0
    Reception and housekeeping were very professional
    • King Hilton Room

The executive lounge, breakfast and food was appalling

Reception and housekeeping were very professional

The bed and pillow are very comfortable
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Has to pay for a bottle of water.

The bed and pillow are very comfortable

Nice gym

Nice gym

Altogether pleasant and enjoyable.
    • King Hilton Room

The staff can do a better job of informing their guests about in-house rules at check-in.

The Hilton name.

Good
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

Breakfast, the room is small

Location was good

Very nice and clean rooms Everything was wonderful

Very nice and clean rooms Everything was wonderful

Excelent
    • Park Executive Suite with Executive Lounge Access

I couldn't open the window in my room.

The service was excelent and the lounch was very good.

Avarage
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Extra payment for breakfast and parking

Hotel location was good near to center

Parking should be free

Hotel location was good near to center

Hot was always cold

Breakfast very poor

Bed good

Perfect Base to Explore Sofia
    • King Hilton Room

Great location. Amazing value. Contemporary facilities.

Central place, very well maintained hotel.
    • King Hilton Room

The breakfast was expensive for the standards in Sofia, that's why we did not take this option.

Central place, very well maintained hotel.

Excellent Team

Excellent staff and Beautiful Hotel

Great location and staff. No value for money
    • King Hilton Deluxe Room

Aircon system not so good. Fitness center is poor. No value for money

Great friendly staff. Especially pickup driver from airport. Great location

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Convenient and clean.
    • King Hilton Room

Very professional staff, nice room but pricy.

Comptable

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Bucharest in comfort
    • King Hilton Room

The location and friendly staff

Great for the money and convenient location
    • Park Executive Suite with Executive Lounge Access

good location, good vsalue for money, but as I said I expected more customer service,
    • King Hilton Executive Room With Executive Lounge Access

first day my room was not done, after calling they showed up after an hour

good location and value for money

Everything was great - service, rooms, location.

The cash machine in the hall had a technical error.

Everything was great - service, rooms, location. Quality as expected.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

only breakfast is good

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Just a standard Hilton
    • King Hilton Room

Sauna is very very small for so big hotel

Just a standard Hilton

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Nice staff, good location, bad wifi old bathrooms
    • King Hilton Room

bathrooms are old, you have to ask for new shampoo, amenities etc..wifi is bad

Nice hotel, kind staff. big room.

Browse Hilton Sofia traveller photo gallery