Reviews of Europe Hotel 4 stars

1 Liditze Str., 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria

#139 of 179 hotels in Sofia

NEVER AGAIN> Stay away!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Old and unmaintained hotel. Stale dusty and dirty. Poor to non-exist service. Nothing is working: No hot water. The shower receiver is broken without a holder. The Batt is broken and leaking. The breakfast coffee machine was broken for the 2 days. Only one elevator is working out of 2. Door bent into the frame and will not close. Only one TV was working out of the 2 in my "Suit". Curtains are broken and dirty. Lack of staff; One girl is trying to serve breakfast to all. Room was not cleaned at 16.00, The receptionist does not speak English.

They had a balcony on the room - the main reason we chose it
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

It was ok but they lack staff (people are not enough) the hotel is old and neglected. WE had otherwise a good stay.

They had a balcony on the room - the main reason we chose it

There is a nice pool with a jacuzzi next to it and place for...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

There was noise from people running in the corridors, yelling going to the skybar which was playing lood music in the afternoon starting from 15:00. One of the elevators had a bad smell. The wifi signal was weak and the speed was slow. The TV had only local channels.

There is a nice pool with a jacuzzi next to it and place for sunbathing at the back of the hotel , The room was nice and clean , the bed was very good, big and comfy. Rooms in the higher floors and skybar had a great view of the cityscape , personel was very kind and helpfull.

Seems that company managing Europe Hotel faces financial...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Seems that company managing Europe Hotel faces financial difficulties. There were NO Room services (when I asked supper in my room, the receptionist informed me that this was not possible because they did not have a cooker, while they had a fully deployed menu on the leaflet at the room). When I asked for more instant coffee stick they did not provide to me. Next day I realized that they did not have available spare coffee stick but personnel gave me coffee in a glass. Last but not least, the second day of my stay the bread for breakfast was from day 1.

Good, but need improvements
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

One of the elevators wasn't working. The second one was too busy, waiting for 5 or more minutes. There was no soap in the bathroom. The rooms are small.

Good location.

Hotel is ok but poor menagment

I wait 4h to clean the room so i can enter. i was there 14:00 and i enter in my room at 18:20 rooms smell very bad there was no parking slot and i pay for 3 free slots Only 2 workers for whole hotel

Location is OK

The breakfast is excellent.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The airco is not working well. This especially is a disadvantage if the room is situated such that a lot of noise is picked up from the boulevard. Closing the windows to get silence is then not an option. However, for rooms a lower floors this is not a severe problem.

The breakfast is excellent. Same applies to the swimmingpool and the area around it. Personnel is kind, especially the lady at the reception (Meral).

By Bulgarian standards, this is an expensive hotel. It is in no way justified. Overpriced.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Rooms were shabby and dirty. Staff looked very scruffy, and weren’t very helpful or polite. The breakfast was APPALLING! Kettle and cups in the room, but no tea or coffee! Big bed but the duvet was too small for the bed! The restaurant was closed for some reason. No explanation given. Horrible location.

Very disappointing stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Hotel was very dated, not maintained well, bathroom very small, the AC doesn't work properly, it wasn't clean and my room didn't get hoovered during my stay. I do not recommend this hotel and wouldn't stay again.

Good value for money.
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

When you pay a very low rate as it happen to me there's no reason to complain.

I has everything you need for a short stay as it was mine. I could not even take the time to go down to the swimming-pool which looked very nice.

can find better!
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

very noise hotel, I didn't sleep because my room was just front of bar/restaurant with music late. and hotel are not very flexible for change room

The only good thing for me is the parking....

All in all, the hotel is ok, but a bit worse than expected.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Some rooms do not have balcony. Airport shuttle is more expensive than the "OK" taxi. Bathroom can be smelly sometimes. Skybar was usually unavailable (loud private parties or closed)

Breakfast was more than good. Rooms were absolutely clean and tidy. Park Borisova Gradina is really close. Stuff is kind and helpful.

Would recommend and return again
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Disappointed the restaurant and bar not yet open for the season as had a good selection on the menu.

Great location. Breakfast was brilliant and included in the price.

Breakfast looked rich but without taste and as a bonus a...
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Breakfast looked rich but without taste and as a bonus a rotten bread made it gross. The pool was empty (without water) and I believe that a 4 star hotel should have made preparations for it since it is May and not winter. The worst think is that at 14:45 my door knocked and asked me for room cleaning. Is n't suppose to be in the morning and not at the time that I was trying to relax? And of course the photos DID NOT represent the image of the hotel. The hotel in my opinion should not have 4 stars.

Very disappointing
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Very dirty balcony we had to clean, superking bed with king size duvet, all pillows were very lumpy. Very dated. No swimming pool, no restaurant, no room service told no cook. Ordered a taxi to go to a concert didn’t arrive had to then walk! Staff could smile. Could not rate this hotel as 4 star.

The best part of the stay was the transfer driver extremely pleasant and very courteous.

If hygiene and bad odours are not an issue hit the book now butoom #PHOTOSHOP
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

They kept on changing the breakfast platters but didn't think I'd notice that it's the same food but more rotten than it was the day before

The fact that the pool was actually empty. Swam in my thoughts.

Rubbish stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The bathroom stank & was minute! The staff were surly, the room needed an upgrade it was 1970s old & uncomfortable. I would never stay again. I booked a deluxe room & it was worse than a cheap basic room

Nothing really

Such a good place! For pleasure and business

Everything is fine!

Such a nice and cheap hotel! Just to avoids the expensive hotels in the centre, you can have a wonderful time in this hotel, and reach the center of Sofia in ten minutes with not more than 5 euro.

Staff in to much of a hurry, not very helpful, and if you cant walk un-aided then dont book.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The woman on the reception desk was a little rude, probably down to the fact she looked stressed. We asked for some assistance as my partner had a broken leg but didn't receive any, or when ask was not received. The floor in the lobby was always wet, yes I know it was snowing but I nearly fell over and my partner was unable to move safely with her crutches. In the morning we where woken up by the noise outside and someone making noise above next to and bellow our room, this was at 0730. The breakfast was not in the restaurant but down stairs which made it impossible to get to the breakfast area, I was told that we could sit upstairs but this meant me having to run up and down the stairs with her food then mine. On top of that I was told at 0940 that I had better hurry up as breakfast was closing at 10, at 0950 they where clearing the food away, not impressed. We requested an extra genius bonus of an extra 2 hours check out but where also told no. I decided to book my partner a hair cut as she wanted a little pamper time, unfortunately they booked her into a salon that she could not get to, we only found out after going to the one we were supposed to have the appointment. Then in a hurry they brought this lady across to the room who cut her hair in about 10 minutes and after she left my partner was crying as her hair had been butchered. The last point is I ask how much the shuttle to the airport was and was told it was 30 euro, which is about 60 lev local money, I opted for a taxi it cost me 10 lev.

The room was large, and the bathroom had a bath. The best part was the young lady who was serving at the Bar, she was very polite, helpful and a happy individual.

5.6
    not what we expected from Best Western
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

when we arrived we checked as we had booked a shuttle for our friends. This hadn't been actioned plus they had our names wrong. Couldn't use the skybar because of the smoking within. Our friends were charged 15 euros for the shuttle as the driver said their flight was late! IT WASN'T!!!!!!! THE FLIGHT ARRIVED EARLY. DISORGANISED AND WON'T STAY THERE AGAIN

near to the metro

Not so good for me
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

-Very bad, horrible smell from the bathroom; -The heating system was not good, although i have set it to maximum (30 degrees Ceslsius), the room was very cold, i think it was a maximum of 21 degrees. - The underground parking was very tight, you can face some problems with a bigger car.

-Big room; -Underground parking. -Good location.

The room was extra large, was clean and tidy and the stuff...
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The room was extra large, was clean and tidy and the stuff was friendly. the parking is underground and it is totally free. the breakfast was tasty as well.

Excellent hotel, very good value with great facilities
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

Room was very hot but I was able to turn the heating down and it cooled after a while.

Bed huge and very comfy, loads of space in the room, lovely balcony, restaurant on site, good choice of breakfast foods and drink. Staff very friendly and spoke English, TV easy to use, helpful information book with details of services available in the room.

Not that bad
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Having been here before I thought I would try the hot breakfast. Once again the hot part of breakfast looked and tasted like it had been either reheated a few times or was a few days old. If during the quiet season they cooked to order I’m sure it would be more tasty.

On arrival the Staff were helpful friendly as you would expect. Although the room was a little tired it was large enough and relatively clean. I did find a long black hair in the bed which I hope was left by the bed maker by mistake. The bed was clean smelling and comfortable. One of the window blinds was in the wardrobe rather than being repaired and fixed to the window.

Terrible choice
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Heating system doesnt work. Pics of gym are not real. Reserved a double and was given am single and they did nothing to change it. Worst hotel I ever been..

Breakfast was excellent

Great value and very clean and comfortable room
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

I stayed here for one night when arriving from Dubai. My flight arrived at 02.50 in the morning and their driver was in the front of everyone with a sign for me. The room I had was huge with a great bed and the breakfast in the morning acceptable. For the cost I think this is great value.

• Double Room with Free Underground Parking

They didn't charge the card until I stayed there. They prefer to pay in cash instead of automatic transaction trough booking with the provided card

Worst hotel in Bulgaria
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The extremely rude staff was the biggest disappointment. Even when we asked to check in we simply got the word ‘passport’ back at us and then the key. No small talk, extra detail, smile. All the staff were like this. the location was abysmal - far from the main city centre and felt unsafe walking around outside, rooms smelt of mildew, shower head broken, no tea and coffee facilities in room, toilets in reception dirty, hairdryer kept coming away from main unit stuck to wall, Sky Bar is very ropey, the mojito we had made with brown mint, towels rough...

The bed was very big.

Nice breakfast;
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The walls seem to be made of paper - all sound carries through the walls to the rooms. Facilities are not quite as pictured (e.g., gym, pool area). Restaurant was not open.

Nice breakfast; convenient location for areana armeec; some members of staff incredibly helpful and considerate.

it's gone downhill in the last year.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Elevators didn't work one morning, broken furniture in room, carpet was dirty, no floor towel left in bathroom, old mattress, old stained blankets that smelled.

Shower was extra scalding

Good sized hotel with basic facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Room was booked and paid for by the company we work for on booking.com, but we were advised at check out (in the early hours of the morning) that they don't like to process the CNP booking.com payment and needed a card now to pay, luckily my husband had a business card which could be used, but it's put us off using the hotel for future trips, including a large number of staff travelling to the local office there in January next year. This is a pity as the hotel location is perfect for the office. Also, the attached restaurant wasn't open any evening we were there, from a Monday to a Thursday in early October, but there are a few options right around the corner.

Bed and room comfy and good size. Staff were not overly friendly but did their job.

Staff is uninterested ;
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Staff is uninterested ; general atmosphere lacks hospitality; hotel gives the impression of being on a slippery slope in terms of quality control and maintenance.

a short stay in Sofia
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

the location- too far from the center- at the mercy of the taxi cab drivers who sometimes overcharge

The size of the room, the cleanliness and the breakfast

Pleasant stay. Quiet hotel. I would like to stay here again if I come to Sofia.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

I was given the wrong room on arrival, as the previous guest was late to check-out, but next day I was transferred to an excellent room. Therefore I enjoyed my stay.

The staff were friendly,very patient and helping. Good location. Public transport stops are close to the hotel. The city centre is easy to access. Also the hotel is close to the airport - could get there very quickly by taxi at night.The surroundings are quiet.

Okay hotel but definitely not the hotel that got top reviews 2+ years ago.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Definitely dated and the bathroom had an unpleasant odour upon entering (and anytime door not left open).

Well positioned for the airport and getting to out of town meetings. Reception staff very helpful.

Good hotel with some basic flaws - nothing that can't be fixed within a day - if they want
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The checkout experience showed how important it is that basic things need to work. I had to return to the front end 3 (three!!!) times because my key card did not work, After 12 hours of driving and a successful checkin - this really blows. The internet in the room was spotty - working 30 sec, then cutting out for 5 min. The Wifi in the lobby works great though. ... and the 'sealed' soap bottles in the bath looked suspiciously like they had been squeezed out before. The cracks are a give-away. Are you refilling old one-time-use-bottles?

Parking is secure because underground. (Low cars will scrape on the ground though). Breakfast is a good selection (but if you are not the first, you will eat of stained table cloths and may find dirty plates in the bin)

Staying in Sofia
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The location was too far from the center so that we were at the mercy of the sofia taxi drivers who often overcharged. My friend said that her hairbrush was stolen from the room.

The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Two good restaurants were nearby.

we regret having picked this hotel. it does not deserve to be listed, nor does it deserve 4* status
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The room towels were threadbare. the bed mattress was old and thin . The hotel is shabby and badly in need of renovating. the buffet breakfast was stale, no butter provided. the crockery is kept on a table under a large conifer, so it is wet and unhygienic

The room maid service was consistent

Hotel as ok, not great, and not good value compared to more central locations.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Our room smelled of smoke, the breakfast looked better than it was (the bread was sometimes rock hard) and I can't see any reason to stay in this particular location unless you have friends nearby (someone else in our party booked the hotel - I would have stayed in town).

The room was spacious and everything worked - eg the wifi, the hot water, the a/c.

Very adequate for our needs.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Breakfast was appalling. Crockery was filthy. Lobby bar closed too early & sky bar not great.

Close to some very nice restaurants. Pool area lovely. Good location.

Location & price
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

everything else was a disappointment, one elevator stopped working then followed by the other one and we had to bring all our bags on the stairs from the 4th floor, and it was not working for 2 days not just instantly. Bathroom door was broken in the room and water was leaking. Breakfast was a pity with most of the cups being really dirty & the food was not fresh. I wouldn't recommend this hotel until they change the current management.

Location & price

Big room, comfy bed, lots of light, good Internet
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

A bit run down, breakfast in the garden is a bit too chilly this time of the year, sky bar running out of red wine is not on

Big room, comfy bed, lots of light, good Internet

A big let down
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

As this was listed as a 4* hotel i was expecting to much i guess as I did not feel i was welcomed warmly when i arrived. After booking in i was told my room number, but not told how to find it, i had to ask where the lift was. I had to ask where and what time breakfast would be served. I was hungry so went to find the restaurant, it was all dark so i went out the hotel for a meal. The lift has reflective/mirror on the door this was all peeling off and looked dreadful. In the morning i went down to breakfast, it looked nice but was awful, the croissants nearly pulled my teeth out they were that tough, the sausages were so tough i could not cut them. I was so disappointed with the food i just walked out without eating any.

What did i like? The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked and the shower was hot.

Good Outdoor Pool for High Temperatures in July
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Air-Con. Large Room the air-con was not much use. Luckily temperatures dropped around 3am so door left open.

Outdoor pool great with high temperatures outside. Location

Very disappointed

The breakfast was poor, dirty-stained,broken tea cups(I have photographs/proves); coccroach on the bed, we had to change the room; air condition wasn't working. I will pursue this matter any further.

NOT A BEST WESTERN HOTEL - STAY CLEAR
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Dirty Room. Noisy inefficient air conditioning. Smell of stale vomit in room. Toilet kept refilling all night. No hand soap. Dirty shower tray, dust everywhere. Wifi did not work. No tea & coffee in room just one packet of sweetener. Staff not helpful. Breakfast food was not fresh. Coffee machine at breakfast did not work. Operating under pretence of being a Best Western branded hotel - this is not true, despite posters in lifts, room info guides, etc - they "forgot" to change them

Absolutely nothing.

Convenient location, easily accessible, nice outdoor pool.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

It was necessary to discuss my reservation with the receptionist because I booked a room with a balcony but was given a room without. The lady was friendly and changed the room after I asked her. She meant I had booked a budget room but this was not the case. On the reservation was written: Double room, soundproofed, 30 m2, with a balcony. The hotel staff should better check the reservations. The second room I got was on the 1st floor, just above the hotel entrance and noisy. You could hear the taxi's and cars coming and the guests putting their luggage.

Convenient location, easily accessible, nice outdoor pool. A bit cold but very refreshing in the hot summer. Spatious room and terrace. Large bathroom.

Not going there again
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The hotel and rooms kind of smell like smoke, the room was outdated and not entirely clean and the breakfast was just distasteful.

The room and bathroom were spacious and we had a balcony

Spotless, very clean spacious room!
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Staff isn't very friendly, far from city center if you walk.

Spotless, very clean spacious room! WiFi works very well! Breakfast was very delicious! Free underground parking!

Really good private parking under the hotel, close to the...
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

Honestly from the four stars of the hotel I expected a better quality: in the room the smell was bad (stale, coming from the drain shower ...) and even the bed linen were dirty...

Really good private parking under the hotel, close to the airport. The willingness of the staff!

Not a 4 star. Go to hotel Sense which is only one higher star but a different world.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The staff didn't engage, told us there were no towels for the swimming pool area, no cushion for the sun beds etc. They were often outside smoking. Generally not interested in the the guests at all. The decor is really shabby. The breakfast is served outside and nothing is covered over. There were ants on the table and flies all around the food. The room was not cleaned, no coffee making creamer etc was replaced. The room was however clean to start with. The train station is a long way away uphill along broken pavements, we asked for help to find a bus instead but staff not interested.

The Sky bar on the 7th floor was good. Beer quite cheap and great view.

Dated hotel in a good location
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Maintenance in the hotel is very poor without staff on site to fix a light bulb for two nights. They change the water in the pool rarely so it's either dirty or super cold. Facilities are dated, the quality of the bed sheets is disappointing and they run out of bathroom supplies and towels. Certainly not a four-star hotel!

The staff were friendly and tried to be helpful. Great location for the purpose of my trip. Good breakfast.

Dissapointed
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Was promised free underground parking to be told that i could leave my car on the street as "even BMWs are left there" or i can go and try underground if there are any spaces to park there! As we arrived late at night it was very difficult to find - inside reception looked a bit scary as only one light on - was pointed to take the lift around the corner from reception where there was no light - didnt feel safe! Rooms were big but outdated - too much space and awkard shapes - didnt really get it!

Spacious

Nice stay, but not much to do
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Room smells like people also have been smoking there Swimmingpool not available (renovation), no warning at websites

Nice staff Large rooms Nice roofbar

Not worth 4 stars but nice spacious rooms
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Outdated facilities, no shuttle service to airport (they misinformed us about this), the pool was dirty, the premade breakfast was horrible, too far from metro.

Spacious rooms, good bed and nice balcony and choice of soap

Booking not honoured
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

Not given the type of room we booked. One room had not been cleaned - dirty cups., and very small with no balcony. No where to plug in the kettle

Breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

NOTHING!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Everything!!!! Dirty, scummy, rude staff, terrible neighborhood, empty pool, bug bites, dirty bathtub, smelled like stale smoke and hadn't been upgraded since the 80s - searched and searched for a better hotel but was forced to stay 1 night here and cancel our second night - the photos on booking portray a lie!!

NOTHING!!!!!! 👎🏻

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Europe show in Sofia - with Europe Hotel
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

On some corridors it smells a litle strange - probably from the cleaning products.

Even if I booked a room I received an apartment that was really huge and had all facilities needed in a house. Breakfast contained various and tasty food - a pleasant surprise in the morning. :)

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good location, big room, reasonable breakfast, the staff...
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The room wasn't clean, no towels in the room, my wake up call was delayed in 20 minutes. The Hotel facilities are not maintained​ well.

Good location, big room, reasonable breakfast, the staff were polite and helpful.

There were no towels in the bathrom (for legs, face, body), only one bathroom robe. And the soap was missing on the sink. Otherwise everything else was perfect!

The room was very spatious and clean, reception staff were helpful and friendly, excellent location b/w Sofia center and the airport, great value for money

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Staff is great, but I will not stay there again.
    • Single Room with Free Underground Parking

It's rather a 3* and requires a lot of renovation. Breakfast was no joy at all especially for Eastern Europe; poor in quality and variety. Pictures show this hotel as very modern one, while this is in fact pretty old one. Room & bathroom very basic with old/uncomfortable bed.

Extremely helpful and professional staff. Close to airport. ATM machine.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Comfort close to centre of Sofia
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The breakfast. It was cold by the time we arrived in the restaurant. Most of the bread rolls had finished but were not replenished. Bread slices were dry. Promptly at 10am the doors were shut, so no chance of a second cup of tea! But most off putting was filthy table cover.

We loved our deluxe room, it was very comfortable and the bathroom had excellent facilities. The reception was welcoming and very kindly let us leave our baggage after check out. We would book this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Good value for the money
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Everything was ok:) The room is comfortable and big, breakfast was good and people that work there are friendly. Definitely good value for the money!!!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Cant Call this hotel 4 star.
    • Suite with Free Underground Parking

Cant Call this hotel 4 star. I got a apartment instead of the svit I booked. It wasn't cleaned properly eather with big stains on carpet and in bathroom on toilet seat 🤢

Great place to stay!!!
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Garbage bin was full which didn't look nice but I'll look at it as an accident

Great room size with king size bed Bathroom with bathtub Underground Parking

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

I've booked deluxe double room, but they gave us double bedroom apartment. Nice surprise!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

It's wasn't very clean in the apartment and the breakfast wasn't very fresh

Good location,very well equipped apartment. Friendly staff and good service

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Good value-for-money
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

Humidity and mould in the room.

Good location, just few minutes from the airport. Breakfast is quite good, too. Friendly staff. Underground parking was included.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Friendly and flexible staff, excellent breakfast, good rest.
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

The bathtub did not have a tap (again). The TV signal was not very good in my room.

Very friendly and flexible staff. When I reported a missing bathtub I was offered a room upgrade. The breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

I would recommend this property even if I did not have time to visit the spa
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

No coffee machine in the room. This is a great disadvantage for early departures.

Large comfortable and clean room as well as a comfortable bed. Great location with airport.

Not as I expected from Best Western!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

no wifi at rooms hotel rate was less then I paid in booking there were no pool (frozen), no Jacuzzi (frozen) Breakfast was in the basement and not in the same level of the restaurant..

the room was nice and big

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

safe and secure
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

a little bit far away from everything we arrived around midnight and there was nothing opened not even snack bars .

I liked the room it was a very good size and the bed was extremely large and comfortable I liked the secure underground car parking and the hotel security.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Horrible stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Free Underground Parking

It was failure to choose this Hotel in Sofia. Unhelpful staff, no smile, no welcome. No comments for staff. Boy on reception tols us that we can book sauna for 8 eru/person, When we come to room we read in guest book that we can use sauna only for 3 eur/person. After this fact receptionist told us that it is old information. The question is why you leave old information in rooms for guest. Think that 4 starts hotel have possibility to change info. When I asked to call me manager at 5p.m. he told me that I can speak with him only next day at 9 a.m. Next thing is cleaning. Please see the pictures. And last is breakfast...at 7 a.m. evrything was cold! I mean omlete and others things. Also We have seen the women from staff (I think hosekeeping or women who prepare breakfast) how she go to breakfast and make for herself coffee and take some meal. Sorry, I also wotking in Hospitality Manahgement and those cannot be, specially in 4 stars Hotel Chain like Best Western. I do not recommended this hotel to another guests... Thanks that we stayed only one night there.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

What you pay might not be what you get

- Even though I reserved the underground parking spot through booking.com and also via phone call one day beforehand, when I arrived they told me that they had to check if there were spots left and that maybe it was full. I was lucky. And don't go down there with the big car. - There was no heating in 3 out of 4 rooms we booked...and it was -10ºC outside. - It was approx. 5ºC in the restaurant where breakfast is served, because the central heating was off...breakfast with your jacket on. - Don't waste your money on "double king-size" bed, because it is two single beds one beside each other and covered with 5cm thin cushion. - Wi-Fi stopped working at 10pm - You have to pay extra for a cup of espresso coffee.

The breakfast was good. Very quiet part of the city.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The worst place to stay in Sofia
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

First of all, we were not placed at the Hotel at all. They gave us key of the apartment next to the Hotel, with no reception and security. It was very cold in the apartment, we used to sleep in the clothes. There were not towels, slippers and other hotel preferences. There was no hotel refrigerator and we had no water to drink. Our experience was horrible.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

perfect for what we needed and comfortable rooms
    • Double Room with Free Underground Parking

reception staff seemed uninterested and not willing to offer help; had to wait at the desk for attention at check-in for a number of minutes, despite seeing two staff members in the office behind the desk and having to call out 'excuse me'.

location for the airport was what we needed - only a 20 minute drive to return our rental car; spacious room with comfy beds and blockout curtains (although one came off the rail when drawn back); good pressure shower (although poor-fitting shower door meant water went onto the floor); secure, underground parking included; good spread at breakfast.

Browse Europe Hotel traveller photo gallery