Reviews of Iceberg Hotel 4 stars

Borovets, 2010 Borovets, Bulgaria

#71 of 78 hotels in Borovets

5.6

• Double or Twin Room

When we returned in the room after using the SPA center, there was no hot water! So we had to wait for half an hour. Totally unacceptable! The cleanness of the sheets and towels wasn’t perfect. At the end we were surprised by a fee for the parking. Overall, we had terrible experience.

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water! No food in the restaurant! The room was frozen. Staff is ignorant. Plus you have to pay for parking. Just a joke. I don’t normaly complain about a bad hotel but this one was beyond bad. Don’t go there! You’ll just waste your money!!!

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

It is a pure travesty that you have ti pay for the sauna. It is advertised as a hotel facility and quite feankly lot of people book 4* hotels like this for these facilities only to understand when you go there that you need to pay extra for the sauna...never been in a hotel that charges extra for the sauna...whats next pay each time you use the toilet in your room. Also food quality was very poor and they don’t have half of the stuf on their menu.

The location, ambinece and facilities but not the fact that you had to pay extra for each hote facility.

• Studio

The standard of the rooms were not as good as we have stayed in at another ski resort in Bulgaria last year. Everything needs updating. Shabby workmanship.

• One Bedroom Apartment VIP (4 Adults)

Staff were not very welcoming. Breakfast was mediocre. Bed sheet didn't fit my bed, revealing a cigarette burn in the mattress. No Jacuzzi. Sauna was an extra 10 lev per day.

The room was very spacious and clean. Extra pillows and covers were available. The balcony was good.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Not clean; sauna is extra charge; parking is extra charge; there is no kitchenette, even kettle for hot water; personnel was indifferent; room was not ready in 6:00 p.m. when we try to check in

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Beds extremely hard and not comfortable. Breakfast was nothing short of disgusting. The dining room smelt like rotten cabbage and therefore it wasn't possible to eat in it. Pool was cold but my kids didn't mind! 10 minute brisk walk up a steep hill to the slopes

Great size clean rooms with lots of storage.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff who is working in the reception is extremely rude. They don't smile at all and they talk to you in a very unprofessional way. The only person in the hotel with a smile on the face was the boy who opens the door of the hotel.The Wi-Fi in the room didn't work at all. When I told this at the reception the told me in a rude and bad way that I was making a mistake, but then I asked everyone of my friends and they told me that they also couldn't connect. The breakfast was really poor. There weren't many choices like it should be for a 4 star hotel. The beds are uncomfortable, everyday I was waking up with a pain in my back. The room wasn't clean at all. The maids were coming everyday in our room but they didn't clean at all. They were only taking the garbage and were leaving toilet papers.  In the floor of the bathroom there were hair and dust. All the 3 days that we stayed they didn't change the towels. There is a club in the basement of the hotel and it's very noisy at night. When I checked out they only gave me the receipt because I asked for it. Otherwise they wouldn't. The ski room was smelling awful that you couldn't even breath. Of course I didn't  except a 5star hotel, but this not even approaches a 3 star hotel. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Studio

The club in the basement is excessively noisy especially on the Friday night. The clubs in the basement, we were on the 5th floor!! The lift seemed to be problematic.

Overall the hotel was pretty good. Had to change the bed configuration but the staff were quick to find a solution.

You have to pay for the sauna as well as the Hotels very own club, the club itself was littered with what felt like the Bulgarian Mafia a very unfriendly environment for foreign travelers. The breakfast was probably the worst I have ever experienced with quite evident that it was from the previous nights dinner buffet. The only way you could have a good cup of coffee in the morning was to pay for it and the fresh juice was just watered down dilluted juice. Pasta for breakfast was shocking and the boiled eggs was like fermented eggs? The milk had clearly gone off and the staff was not particularly helpful in the dining room. The bell boy was probably the only person in the hotel with a smile on his face and the other staff was simply there just so someone was there. I would not recommend for families even with the play area. Group of friends who don’t really think to much of any type of service is ok but never in a million years would i class this as a 4 star.

Very large rooms, comfortable beds and pretty clean

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

For a hotel with 4 stars needs to be cleaner and greener.The two bedrooms apartman is smaller than presented at booking, towels where dirty as well as the whole room. Spa and swimming pool should be open from 10 till 20h, but this was not the case. in addition to everything the playground in the hotel is additional cost to everything that should be included in the hotel offer.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

The pilows and.beds and the parking space was too small i can bearly park my car and get out of the parking space because the wooden bariers aroind it

The staff was absurdly incompetent. Most of them were so unprofessional and rude that I don't recommend anyone ruining their trip in this place. Overall the hotel was not clean enough. My bad experience started even before checking in. The parking places are awful, I hit my car trying to park it in a place that definitely doesn't fit my car because they did not have any other parking places. And by the way, they charge 10 bgn per night for that crappy parking. The check in was at 2pm and we arrived early in the morning and we asked the security if we could leave our suitcases and other baggage there. They said it was perfectly safe so we left it and went for skiing. When we got back our baggage was missing and when we asked the security guy he said that he did not know where it was and that he wasn't responsible for it. Then we saw a group of people leaving with a bus AND OUR BAGGAGE WAS INSIDE THE BUS prepared for leaving. If we arrived 5 minutes later our baggage would be on its way to Greece. We only had 2 bathrobes in a room for 4 so we politely asked the receptionist if we could get 2 more and she started arguing with us. Also breakfast is till 10am and we kind of overslept and we rushed in at precisely 9:40 to see that there is nothing left for breakfast. I truly DO NOT recommend it!

Location was ok. Shower was good, there was always hot water even after 4 people showering.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

I booked for suite but they gave me the worst room possible. The room was so cold because the windows were not closing properly. The living room was so derty. The reseptionist charch me extra 63 euro....I made my complaints and they sead wass the mini bar that I haven't touched! !!! They charged me also for car parking! !! I went with taxi..LIKE REALY PARKING SPOT!!!??? They REALY wanted to steel from me and my family!!!!!

• Double or Twin Room

Remote control did not work so did not TV I left a night earlier due to unforeseen family circumstances , but was not offered discount I expected parking to be included in the price , instead I had to pay additional charges

Spacious and clean room

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Uncomfortable beds. Small bathroom. Not the best food. Unprofessional attitude (the spa centre opens at 10:30am even though working hours written on the door say at 10:00am so one day we ended up waiting with kids in bathing suites in the cold). Otherwise, some of the staff were really helpful.

Spacious rooms. Facilities for children.

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

No hangers in the cupboards. Curtains do not cover the windows. Curtains falling of the railings. Bar fridge was not stocked. No coffee station in room. Everything we asked for seemed like massive request. Had to ask them to light up the fireplace(first response...ummm no...and I said why not? She didn't really want to say it, but it was due to not enough people in the hotel yet. Kids club closed as not enough people in the hotel - one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. No ketchup in restaurant. Half-board referred to, means having the same dinner two nights in a row with no choice as to what it is that you'll be eating. No one to help us with luggage when we arrived. No card facilities - again due to ski-seaon reasons...card machine eventually arrived before checkout - again, it was there when more rooms were booked. Staff were unfriendly, and most did not understand English. We had a MUCH more pleasant stay at the 3* lodge we stayed in before Iceberg. The hotel only seem to make an effort when there is "enough" people checked in the hotel. That was, the 24th, our last day, our bar fridge was filled with a few items and a checklist left. No drinking water supplied to the room like most places do. The towels they provided had not seen softener in years. The shower in the bath tub did not work. There was a crack in the basin, which made the water end up on the floor. At breakfast buffet there is a Douw Egberts machine providing coffee and English tea. Sure Douw Egberts would remove their name from the machine if the know what their coffee tastes like coming from that machine - it's more like brown water with a slight smell of coffee. The juice fountain, supposed to be JUICE. The words of my 5year old, "this is not juice, it tastes like water" - red grape juice syrup that's diluted way to MUCH.

Big rooms

I was dissapointed with the room's facilities. It is a 4 star hotel with satisfying accomondations but there wasn't a hairdryer in the room, only 3 bad quality shampoo and only 1 toilet paper included. The maids came by only once, we were inside the room, they left us only toilet papers and they never came back again as we asked them.I could say that most of the staff was not friendly at all......

We booked a room for 4 people. The room was big, airy with a very nice view.

• Double or Twin Room

Don't book this hotel! Kids area was closed and we paid for HB but we got only BB and the receptionist looked like she doesn't care at all!

It is in Borovets.

• Double or Twin Room

The central heating was not turned on the whole time and in the morning it was fairly cold in the room.

The hotel was really nice. It has big rooms and a fair pool

• Double or Twin Room

Request was separate beds, but we did not get it that way. Reception staff unkindly. No milk at all for breakfast. Hotel guests must pay for parking on the hotel (not public) parkig lot!?! Impossible to pay with your credit card because of the "technical problems" (common situation in bulgarian hotels).

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

No POS. Payment with card is not possible although on booking they say they accept Mastercard, Visa etc. Parking of the hotel was not ocupied but the lots were reserved and we had to park on the street.

• Studio

The breakfast was poor (only white bread, not brown bread, no croissants or buns, everyday the same sausages, no bacon or other meat, ran out of eggs one day, very weak coffee, ...). The wifi in the room did not work at all. Not enough power sockets in the room. The lounge chairs in the pool area were uncomfortable. The parking spaces were very narrow. Even though it is a non-smoking hotel, often the smell of cigarette smoke was lingering in the hall ways.

Beds were ok. Shower was ok. View of the mountain was nice.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

wifi was not reliable, had to go down to the reception to get some coverage

It is a really nice hotel, we had a room for 2 adults/2 kids, but actually it was 2 rooms, with a door between, so two fridges, double size balcony, two toilets. Everything was clear, beds are double and really comfortable. The furnitures, and the interior of the rooms are modern, comfortable. The location of the hotel excellent, nice view from the rooms. The pool is not so big, but really good for kids. Friendly stuff, nice restaurant, and good food for the money! I do recommend this hotel for families!! I have to highlight, the manager of the hotel was really flexible, and helpful, due to some technical problems we could not pay by card, but to avoid extra cost to get money from the cash machine, she gave us a significant discount. Thanks for this!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Staff didnt want us to pay for the stay with card and when they finally agreed to letting pay I then had to pay extra!! There is a 10lev charge for each time you want to use the sauna.

Both VIP suite and twin room that we had were very spacious. Rooms were nice and warm.

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The included breakfast was horrible: everything was cold. The temperature in the room was too low despite the 3 radiators were set to max. It is about a 500 meter walk to the nearest ski-lift which is a bit far when wearing ski-boots and carrying skis + poles. A large part of the staff did not speak English. Not possible to pay using Visa card.

The possibility to store your skis etc. in the hotel at no extra cost. Very spacious room. OK swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The one member of staff located in the pool area was exceptionally rude (but treated with the contempt he deserved he had no lasting impact on our stay overall). Serving a hot breakfast appears to escape the hotel staff and their concept of toast proved very amusing......that said there is a microwave.

If you can relax about the odd Bulgarian 'isms' this is a great value for money hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Was a 10 - 15 minute walk to resort centre,

Value for money, rooms were spacious and clean, perfect for a group that's not going to spend a lot of time in hotel, typical breakfast not great, didn't eat in the evening so can't comment on that, overall good hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Cold rooms, lobby and restaurant. Low quality food offered for breakfast. One functional elevator for 7 floors, thus long queues for it. Guests do not have a priority over the parking spaces, so if it is full, better luck next time! You have to fight for a parking space that is not free! The ski depot is closed after 7 p.m. Remarkably rude and uninformed receptionists.

Warm pool.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Poor equipment in kitchen, quality of breakdast to low, parking is payable inspite the fact that the car is parked on open air.

Spacy room good view swiming pool ok.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• One Bedroom Apartment VIP (4 Adults)

The sauna costs extra which is frustrating, but only 10 Lev, so not bad. The breakfast is very different to what you would expect in the UK, but the Happy Duck next door does a huge full English for 13 Lev.

The rooms, swimming pool, location and price of the hotel are great. You definitely get bang for your buck here. The gondola cable cars are 200m. Epic!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The staff was absurdly incompetent.Most of them were so unprofessional and rude that I don't recommend anyone ruining their trip in this place. My bad experience started before I even checked in while trying to communicate with the 0.1 percent brain capacity blond receptionist lady. When I arrived, there was no parking available, so she told me to figure it out. I had to have a fight to get my car parked at there employee parking. Then they put me in a ** room with a broken window. It was freezing cold inside. When asking the lady politely to change my room or refund me(the only 2 possible options) she rudely responded that she can't, won't, wouldn't, and complained how I'm contributing to her already rough day!?!?! I had to fight with her for almost an hour to get my room changed. Next day when requesting towels for the spa center, the answer was that they don't have any more towels?!?. It took half an hour to convince them to provide me a towel?!?!?! The only small sauna in the Spa is 10 BGN per day,the cost is obviously not included in your stay. Same for the parking 10 bgn per day for guests?!?!?! Well you got the idea, DO NOT GO THERE !!!! By the way I'm Bulgarian...

It's comfortably located close to the gondola lift.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

Coffee served during the breakfast

Excellent value for money, friendly staff, good location, nice view, warm rooms, will not hesitate to come back again...

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel can not be rated with 4 stars. Bad quality; no good service and room equipment(waited for a working hairdryer for half an hour; no bathrobes available for the spa); additional fee for sauna and parking(we have been charged twice for parking); bad food & no variety at all. To sum up: totally disappointed and will never come back!!!!!! Strongly not to recommend!!!!!!!

• Double or Twin Room

Paid sauna, paid parking, poor quality breakfast, expensive lobby (coffe, tea)

Good location. That's all.

The breakfast wasn't great

Close to slopes and horse riding

The pool, sauna. Close to the gondola

The noisy dog outside.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and the hotel is in a good location.

• One Bedroom Apartment VIP (4 Adults)

Paid for VIP large room. Ours was small, dark and in the eaves. Charged £20 more than told at time of booking.

Excellent location

• Twin Room VIP

The hotel is never 4 star more like 2 star. The breakfast was a huge disappointment . The mattress was well worn out needs to go in the skip

• Two-Bedroom Suite with Sofa Bed

Miserable staff Broken bed Shabby bathroom Broken tiles in pool causing cut foot

• One-Bedroom Apartment (2-4 Adults)

The balcony door was not closing firmly, breakfast variety and quality needs upgrade!

Spacious room and clean

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was basic, no real choices in the restaurant where dinner is offered.

Good location especially in the winter, very close to the ski complex.

No bad remarks.

Everything!

• Studio

The temperature in the room was low, the water in the pool was cool, the jacuzzi didn't work.

The location, the staff was very polite!

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very good locating.The staff is helpful. Very good breakfast. Room are nice and clean . Definitely I will come back

• Double or Twin Room

No hot water at the evening. No parking space available for my car.

The view from the balcony. The room was very nice.

Poor breakfast.

Good location, spacy and comfortable rooms, good atmosphere...

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Clean room fresh towels cleaned daily. Breakfast was basic so ate out instead

• One Bedroom Apartment VIP (4 Adults)

had to pay extra for table tennis,sauna,pool

very friendly staff great spa and fitness area

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

no wi-fi in the rooms

the beds were extra comfy

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was so bad. The worst food I've ever tasted in a hotel.

Value for money

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Twin Room VIP

There is no free parking. It costs 5 euro daily. The breakfast is poor for hotel on this level.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Not for 4 stars 3 star Take provision 4 % on cretit card Shame

Location Hotel

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that almost non off them speak English,

the room was good and well heated

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• One Bedroom Apartment VIP (4 Adults)

I've had to pay extra for the car park

All I can say is just NICE

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

no free parking

its a 5 Minuit walk in to the resort

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Studio

Cold rooms, staff has poor knowledge of English language

Large rooms, location, private parking

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Iceberg Hotel traveller photo gallery