Reviews of Maison Sofia Hotel 4 stars

36, Atanas Dukov Str., Lozenets, 1407 Sofia, Bulgaria

#91 of 179 hotels in Sofia

Nice plase for a short stay

Furniture in the room a little out of date. Coffe in the restaurant is awfull - do not take it.

Comfortable bed. Big enough desk to work. Spaciuos room and bathroom. If you need place for meeting with anybody there is enough space in the lobby or restaurant.

although there was a problem with my credit card, the desk...
    • Standard Twin Room

although there was a problem with my credit card, the desk attendant remained quite helpful. I felt that they treated me like a guest of the hotel not just a customer.

Never again

The matrasses are vey hard, the air condition not sufficient although we were there in May. Breakfast was a disaster, combined with totally unfriendly service stuff (seems to be a USP of the whole country). Indoor swimming pool is also used of children for swimming lessons by a drill master. Unbelievable noise also in the whole hotel at night. For us it was really a question, how such a hotel can get 4 stars.

The staff is super friendly and professional .
    • Business Double Room

Hassle to access by public transport. For me rooms lacked character and the restaurant downstairs was a bit chaotic.

The staff is super friendly and professional . Good pool downstairs and a big mall 15 ‘ walk.

Terrible cusotmer service!

Terrible cusotmer service! Never ever! How would you feel if you book and pay a price for a 4* hotel rated 8.2 and get instead a terrible old 3* hotel rated 6.2 and located absolutely inconveniently for your business trip? we booked this hotel 1 month in advance for a very important business trip and specifiaclly because of the location and a very good rating on Booking.com. Despite the booking was confirmated, upon arrival they told us that there are overbooked and we shall stay in "another very nice premises". The "another premises" appeared to be a terrible, old and dirty 3* hotel (located 20 minutes drive (!) in a traffic jam from the Maison Sofia Hotel) with prostitutes in the lobby and strange people smoking on my balcony during the whole night (there was one balcony shared with several rooms - can you even imagine such a nonsence?). Maison Sofia Hotel charged us the full price BUT accommodated in a terrible cheap hotel (which is double cheaper if compare the room prices of these two hotels on booking.com) and where we would never ever even consider to stay. Very disappointing and unfair!

Restaurant was atrocious.
    • Business Double Room

Restaurant was atrocious. We left when the wrong main course arrived. They still expected us to pay for bad food and terrible service. We did not pay in the end. Never again.

Poor breakfast, rotten fruits and ham, wellness area closed...

Poor breakfast, rotten fruits and ham, wellness area closed (under construction, no info before), bar closed at 8pm already, wi-fi poor signal. Thin walls that I heard all noises from other rooms. No value for the money I paid.

Manson Sofia -aka Park Inn Sofia.

After change from Park Inn to Manson Sofia and based on my previous experience with the Park Inn I was near my surprised that pretty much everything stayed in place - clean look and feel, personnel speaking English and very approachable and helpful. Rooms maintained well. Overall one of the best places in Sofia to stay in.

Really good value, friendly hotel

Rooms were to a good standard. Staff very helpful. I liked the location its out of town but very near to shopping mall and local shops are good.

Hotel is very near the hospital which my brother was staying.

Pillows could have been better. Also the shower wasn't functioning very well.

Hotel is very near the hospital which my brother was staying. It is 3 mins walk away from Tokuda Hospital. The breakfast was OK.

The room was clean and spacious.

The bar in the lobby doesn’t do cappuccino and it always took long till it was made and serve (done on the previous floor).

The room was clean and spacious. Thr stuff was friendly.

Excellent 2 days, nice dinners.

The only problem for me is the Opening Hours of the Fitness/Wellness facility. It's from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM. This is very restrictive, especially if you travel on business (like I do). I asked the receptionists to extend the Opening Hours from 6:00 AM to at least 10:00 PM (or Midnight is even better). The Fitness room does not need any human attendance, only to be opened (maybe with Hotel room key?). To keep such a nice Fitness room closed for so long, doesn't help customer satisfaction for Health Nerds....

The restaurant was exceeding my expectations far and above. It was good value for money, and the dishes were top-notch. I specifically asked for "Healthy choices" and they delivered perfectly.

Excellent hotel for business trip
    • Business Double Room

Could not use the facility like pool and gym due to lack of information in advance Hotel has only one contract with taxi company so if you are in a hurry then other taxis are not actual Slow Internet but stable

Excellent breakfast Very close to the City Hospital Close to the Airport Lot of space in the room Very good food in the restaurant Warm in winter

The rooms were offered with free access to spa, but the spa...

The rooms were offered with free access to spa, but the spa is in repairs for more than two weeks the receptionist explained. The air conditioner did not work.

Good option for a short visit.

Difficult to park, breakfast was not very good (although is extra cost), orange juice was finished when I arrived and was not refilled until my leave, almost the same with cheese.

Nice room, helpful staff, good location, easy to be reached by car although not central.

Really lovely hotel actually with the potential to become a true 4 * hotel
    • Business Double Room

Duvets are ridiculously thin for winter. I needed 2, sometimes 3. The restaurant is ice cold due to air con, so only ate there one night. Also it was totally unseasoned. Furniture was totally dated - throw a cover over it and all will be fine; unwashed curtains with lots of grey; quite a few dated features, but can live with that; the hotel has only been taken over a few months ago, so I am sure the new owners will make gradual improvements. Late opening times for the fitness centre at 7:30 am weekdays and 9 am weekends is too late. Room was a smoker's room and smelled terribly like smoke.

Size of room, size of bathroom, beautiful Reception, beautiful lounge; breakfast was ok and had a lot; super friendly staff and so helpful; the hotel has only been taken over a few months ago, so I am sure the new owners will make gradual improvements. I would definitely come back. Lovely pool and hope to make use of it next time as well as the steam room and fitness centre. All look great. I loved the view from my room 308 but it was a smoker's room.

Nice stay, great value.

Breakfast was ok but nothing special.

Good location near to the Paradise mall and short trip from the airport. Rooms were good and nice to have the spa facilities downstairs.

GOOD, IT GAVE ME PEACE AND COMFORT
    • Business Double Room

IT WOULD BE NICE IF ALL HOTELS HAVE FOR THEIR GUESTS SOME MEDICINES WHICH ARE OVER THE COUNTER SUCH AS FOR HEADACHE OR DIARREA ETC.AS NOT EVERYONE APPRECIATES GOING OUT TO SEARCH FOR THEM IN SHOPS ON A SUNDAY.

I LIKE THAT THE STYLE IS ELEGANT,CLASSY AND COMFORTABLE.ALSO THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE MANY FACILITIES SUCH AS AN INDOOR POOL, NICE RESTAURANT,GARDEN, MASSAGE, HAIRDRESSER. GOOD AND VERSATILE BREAKFAST AND ROOM SERVICE.YOU ARE CLOSE TO CENTER AND PARADISE MALL,HOSPITAL ETC.

Good value for the money
    • Standard Twin Room

The pillow was cheap and uncomfortable. Shampoo & shower gel were missing, only hand soap was available. I expected also a cup of coffee during breakfast... but there was no one to ask for

Run down and noisy because it's used as an evening wedding venue

We couldn't sleep until 2-3am on Saturday because of the wedding in the restaurant, which we were not told about even though we have a baby and we were put in a room which was just above the restaurant which turned into a night club. Staff said the have weddings all the time there, probably to make up for all the empty rooms they had. The taxi driver that took us there said that they've changed the name of the hotel 3 times in 5 years. The hotel is run down, fridge and air conditioning didn't work, dirty carpets, cracked walls etc.

Only the sizes of the rooms and tee/ coffee selection in the room, everything else was very disappointing

Fantastic location, great accommodation with excellent services. staff helpful and courteous.

If I had to nit pick, bed mattress could be a bit better. Otherwise, not much negative experience I can think of.

Everything about this hotel was fantastic. In between airport and the main boulevard, fast and cheap not more than 10 minutes either way by cab. People are all helpful and courteous. I enjoyed the breakfast, gym fully stocked, pool looked good too. Wifi free and quick. Fully recommended.

Good place overall.

The food and drinks in the restaurant, specially water were overpriced.

Nice breakfast, good location, spacious and clean rooms, so overall it was a good choice

I liked staff's attitude - at reception and restaurant.

I liked staff's attitude - at reception and restaurant. They were very helpful, always with smile. Hotel's location is perfect for business travelers -it is near business center, so no need additional transport. Wifi is free and speed is excellent.

The bed was comfortable, also we were able to sleep for long...

The TV was a bit outdated, and the room was facing to the main street, thus it was noisy till 00:00.

The bed was comfortable, also we were able to sleep for long time because of the huge curtain and air condition.

The hotel is close to the office (but far from the center).

The hotel was very good in all aspects when it was run as a Park Inn. After staying there around 20 times over the last 6-7 years, I knew the names of the staff and was used to being greeted by name. This time, just two months after being purchased, it was like staying in a random, mediocre hotel for the first time. I didn't expect an upgrade (in the absence of the Carlson Club network) and none was offered. No complimentary fruit plate with a handwritten note was offered, either. In fact, there was no recognization that I had ever stayed at the property before. I witnessed a precipitous decline in quality. I was put in a room with peeling wallpaper, black mold in the shower, a flimsy plastic toilet seat with a hair and stain, and a poorly made bed. At the breakfast buffet, I found on different mornings, a worm on a bowl, dried food on a plate, and a fruit salad with unpeeled and badly bruised fruit. The first morning at breakfast, I asked a waiter if everything was in order with adding my breakfast bill to my room (he said it was), only to be chased down in the hall by a waitress who seemed to think I was trying to skip out on my bill. The third morning, after waiting for five minutes for a waiter to track down a pen, I was told I had to pay directly at the restaurant when I had to check out immediately after to settle the restaurant charges from the other days. Then, when I went to check out, I had to wait a full ten minutes for the receptionist. The hotel will not have the chance for redemption in my eyes. I will not be staying there again. I do wish the staff who left (or are leaving) the Park Inn after the sale the best of luck in their careers. Yavor, Radi, David, Nikolay, and others -- I appreciate the excellent service you provided over the years.

The hotel is close to the office (but far from the center).

Would recommend hotel but watch change given....maybe pay in dinars.

The fact that for 2 euros I was given 2 dinars.....

Breakfast was excellent....didn't mind the extra charge as well worth it. Room was clean and quiet so had good nite's sleep.

An Excellent hotel, very welcoming, friendly and very helpful staff. Very nice and tasty breakfast! And all of this is wrapped in a beautiful building, outside Sofia Centrum, in Lozenetz area. Very Very recommended

Excellent breakfast, attending employees, spacious room,...
    • Business Double Room

The jacuzzi was not working and the indoors pool was rather cold. The beauty salon was not open. No flip-flops were provided, neither a shower cap or a vanity kit. The windows haven't been cleaned

Excellent breakfast, attending employees, spacious room, nice garden for smokers

hotel itself is really nice, cozy and has good spa area.

I would not call hotel team to be really competent, they provided the other room, not that one i ordered and gave us wrong wifi password as well

hotel itself is really nice, cozy and has good spa area.

What a hidden gem of a hotel.

What a hidden gem of a hotel. And the restaurant served some of the best food we have had in Sofia actually. The room was very large, very clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The check-in was a little confusing, I had booked all of the...

The check-in was a little confusing, I had booked all of the rooms (x4) I gave the names prior to our arrival, yet the names became mixed up i.e. the first name of 1 person with the surname of another so when it came to checking in person 3 & 4 there was no rooms because person 1 & 2 had claimed them, don't ask!! we got there in the end. The bed was a little too hard for me. The carpet could probably require replacing sooner rather than later. The free coffee was not replenished in the room so when you've used it, thats your lot !! (or so it seemed) But hey, it's not London, New York or Paris.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Smart comfortable hotel in great position for Tokuda Hospital

Minor points but the linen was a bit sparse, no spare pillows and not enough towels. Also tea/coffee/whitener/sugar supplies in room were very sparse with only a couple of tiny sachets of each. On second night another guest walked into our room with a key card and had been allocated our room by mistake by reception ! Did not know keycards opened other doors ! However I rang reception and they apologised saying it was their mistake - not great though.

Stayed here for 2 nights because 2 minute walk to best private hospital in Sofia, Tokuda Hospital. Hotel was lovely, comfortable, immaculate, quiet and very good wifi. Had a couple of lunches and one dinner there, food really lovely although not an extensive menu and we would have struggled to find choices for more nights stay. Staff were all exceptionally helpful and smiley ! Lots of quiet areas with comfortable chairs in the lobby area to sit or have coffee etc. Will be staying again and would recommend

Amazing staff.

Rooms are very very hot and air-conditioning didn't seem to help at all.

Amazing staff. Breakfast was really good. Clean rooms and beautiful outdoor area

helpful people on the reception

my room was not cleaned , were empty bottles all around

Breakfast was pour.

Breakfast was pour.. like 3 star hotel. Otherwise everything was great.

Pool and spa center were quite new, and I had them for myself

Pool and spa center were quite new, and I had them for myself

Hotel is good, nice area, close to office and shopping mall

some employees did not speak English

staff is friendly, meals are good! location good!

cosy hotel with excellent breakfast

reception could be faster

spacious room, wide variety of food for breakfast

Better than expected. Good support by staff for extra-matters (eg. printing of air travel docs)

Fruits could be fresher and more assorted.

restaurant was so bad specially for breakfast .

restaurant was so bad specially for breakfast . also the pool didn't work

Overall very good, breakfast was moderate
    • Standard Twin Room

breakfast was OK, not high standard

Location, staff, room

Location near mall

The pool and gym not open. Breakfast was not fresh, hotel is very dated and has no atmosphere. We will not be staying here again.

Location near mall

Restaurant has really great food
    • Business Twin Room

Wellness/pool was closed for repairs, Booking.com didn't show in advance

Business rooms are huge with full bathroom

Restorant staff forgets orders.

Restorant staff forgets orders...you need to ask 2-3 times...

The Best

No Parking Like and street is dark

Fiyat ve tesis Özellikleri Çok iyi

Lovely and very pet friendly place
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Very pet friendly place with wonderful staff. The stay was lovely

Everything was excellent.

Everything was excellent.

Shower head handle was broken

Shower head handle was broken

Staff, spa have only cold pool

I'll vii

old rooms, need better cleannig,cooking in the restraunt could be better.

near to a bussiness center, nice staff, good spa zone with a sweaming pool.

Clean and friendly staff

There was a wedding at the venue and the music played very loud through to late night

Clean and friendly staff

Excellent hotel, highly recommendable.

Very poor breakfast.

Excellent hotel, highly recommendable.

Nice stuff, good location

Spa studio has different (higher ) prices for guests of the hotel.

Nice stuff, good location

We had a good stay.

We had a nonsmoking room,however somebody has smoked before us and there was unpleasant smell.

Location,price and breakfast.

Location, infrastructure

Location, infrastructure

Breakfast buffet - very poor quality of products.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Breakfast buffet - very poor quality of products. Better not offer this kind of breakfast. Pillows very hard.

Would not go back

Quality of good poor

Food very poor breakfast poor

We had to attend the Tokuda hospital which is only minutes away from here.

The pool was nice but i thought it was a little cold in there. Drinks quite expensive

Very comfortable hotel with friendly staff.

Good deal!

Very good price for the place it self. Good breakfast, friendly staff. Good deal!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Comfortable and relaxing

Clean rooms, quite location and beautiful outdoor area

The staff , especially during breakfast were very kind and...
    • Business Double Room

The pool could be warmer only

The staff , especially during breakfast were very kind and customer friendly.Breakfast was very good.It was clean.

Nice comfortable stay!

nothing negative

Spacious Buisines rooms & complimentary water.

Lovely place

Beautiful garden, wonderful staff and great service.

excellent!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

friendly staff, nice and comfotable rooms, lovely garden with live turtles

Hotel in Sofia close to Tokuda Hospital

Beautiful hotel with good facilities

Nice terrace, good rooms condition, nice small garden...

Anything quite good

Nice terrace, good rooms condition, nice small garden outside, normal wi-fi, bar at the lobby

The staff is great
    • Business Double Room

Airconditioning is very weak on the 4th floor. Very hot.

The staff is great

There are also 76 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.