Reviews of Meg-Lozenetz Hotel 3 stars

Krum Popov Str., 84, Lozenets, 1421 Sofia, Bulgaria

#42 of 179 hotels in Sofia

Avoid if on a business trip.

My room and the whole hotel smelt of stale cigarette smoke. Staff regularly smoking. Bath-tub was blocked - by the end of the shower my feet were ankle deep in water. If someone else nearby takes a shower or bath, your shower reduces to a trickle - not great when you've just soaped up! Breakfast was basic. Decor hasn't been updated for decades. Pillows too hard and the mattress was old and creaky. No international news channels on the TV. Uncomfortable sofas in the lounge area.

Quiet neighbourhood.

Not a bad stay but could have been better.

The waiter at the Spanish restaurant next door, was too keen. Staff talking between them during service including the manager. Pretending smiling and feeling happy you are there.

I really liked the efficiency at the check in and the hospitality of the front office employee. Generally staff is great and friendly, no matter not all of them can speak English.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Needs more lighting and warmth from the staff

The hotel is not properly lighted and since its old it feels a bit uncomfortable when the autosensor lights turn off and the place becomes more darker. You can also smell smoke inside your room. Daily cleaner does not actually clean but just arrange the bed does not change towels and bed sheet. The room is dark as well and lights are insufficient even on day time. The breakfast is limited and mostly cold.

Location. The gentlemen in the reception who is the only warm person i have encountered in the property and have offered to help with the luggages.

Deserves at least one more star

This is just a recommendation - take the stuff about free parking off your listing.

Perfect location, large and comfortable room, huge bed, friendly staff.

A comfortable hotel, nicely furnished and very friendly staff who make you feel welcome.

I would like to be able to have breakfast after 10am on weekends and a room service option for light food late at night.

I liked the flexibility of a late check-out....very appreciated.

Didn’t live up to expectations, building site next door, so no peace and quite. Unhelpful staff.

Staff wasn’t the nicest, no working light on the 3 floor, with bare wires in the hole. The apartment was all open plan, so my step daughter had no privacy. On the booking it offers airport shuttle, but when asked it was refused. Over charged. Paid 200 levy for £90 accommodation. Breakfast was bland and unentertaining along with the dance music.

no nonsmoking rooms left so we had a smelly room (yuk). dinner restaurant was excellent but pricey

bread rolls were finished and although extra bread was brought out - the rolls were not replaced - felt like they were waiting for us to go as we went to breakfast near the end of the breakfast period (but within in)

coffee was good

Good value for money

We found condom under the bed. They didn't change towels everyday and they didn't clean the room good enough. I found cigarettes in my window and actually our bathroom was smelling cigarettes. They charge us something from minibar that we didnt take and we didnt pay for that.! Our reservation from booking was non cancelation and we gave the card no and staff to charge our card...when we wr leaving the reseptionist told us to pay for the reservation. He didnt knew if the room was paid or not and they charged the room when we left.

The location was really nice -naxt to metro station whitch this was the best for us!! the room was big and the bed was really comftable. There is a mall next to the hotel. Its aprox 15bgn to the airport (very cheap) and 15 min. 30min walk to the center (close enough).

Disappointed

The breakfast area have been changed. It used to be in the restaurant of the hotel and now it's been served in a small room next to lobby. We paid 250 lv for two nights and the breakfast was very poor and the coffee was not good at all. Couldn't connect in wifi Although I've stayed at the hotel many times in the pass ,I don't know if I'll be ever going to visit them. I cou

Great location, nice rooms

There was no working restaurant in the hotel! The hotel is advertised as having a private parking. Few days before the reservation I requested a confirmation for the parking spot, as I specifically requested one. They said they have no parking. I argued it, considering it said there is. They confirmed they will reserve a spot for 30 BGN, which is ridiculous. At arrival, there was no parking. So overall they advertise facilities they do not actually have. Therefore the hotel doesnt justify its price.

Great location, nice rooms

Perfect!

They have lost use of the car park due to adjacent building work but was able to park close by.

Just love this place, the hotel, the staff just a great place to stay.

Very friendly and helpful staff, willing to assist with a smile.

I would to be able to have access to more international news channels and programmes in English language on the TV!

The bed was very comfortable and was a spacious room and large bathroom. I like the convenience of having a kettle in the room to make tea and coffee as well.

It would have been nice to have had an electric kettle in the room so that I could have had tea or coffee, or just a hot drink.

A nice cosy small hotel with nice facilities and friendly staff.

The room was a decent size and had air conditioning, a...

I found the day staff indifferent at best and normally uninterested when approached. I also found the street noise an issue but even worse than that was the fact that one day I had to tolerate the heavy repetitive beat of music for several hours whilst trying to relax in my room. I thought the music was coming from a nearby building site but I however later discovered it was actually coming from the hotels bar and when I mentioned this to the receptionist and that it was a considerable nuisance her reaction was indifferent and she merely said that she would turn it down, not turn it off. It should be noted this area was not used by guests and the music was purely played because the staff wanted it. I guess it was more important to the day staff to have music playing loudly rather than the comfort of their guests.

The room was a decent size and had air conditioning, a fridge and a desk (even though the lighting was inadequate) as well as plenty of storage space. The evening manager/night porter (Stefan) was extremely helpful which was in stark contrast to the unhelpful day staff.

Stay Somewhere Else
    • Family Room

No free parking as advertised, had to use paid parking off site No welcome drink offered as advertised Restaurant closed No breakfast until 08:30, we had to leave for airport at 8:00 Staff reasonably pleasant but told us that management couldn't care less about our complaints

Comfy bed, quirky, traditionally styled rooms, proximity to Sofia airport, wifi worked reasonably well.

Great Room!

Breakfast was ok, but one morning I was there at 9:30 and lots of stuff gone. They only have two reserved parking spots but I got street parking just in front anyway. Right next door is a pay lot at 30 lev per day. Probably won't need it though.

Good location next to the metro and a 30 minute walk to downtown if you want. But I'd take a taxi back if late. Dark empty streets. Room was immaculate and the entire hotel is splendidly decorated. Plus I had an actual bathtub! Rare around here. Staff was excellent and very helpful.

Great location , friendly staff, comfortable bed

The interior is a bit old, some broken things around the room, had to wait 5-10 minutes until the hot water reach the shower

Great location , friendly staff, comfortable bed

Great hotel, poor customer care - Grande complication (sing on hotel entrance)

As "genius booking member", no matter welcome drink was excluded, but the Booking.com late check out was excluded as well. Our Sofia walk tour plan was cut. From 2 till 3am, some guest girl was yelling on hotel staff, so wake up our 5month old baby and left us sleepless till morning. After late woke up, we hardly managed breakfast, have to check out and put our baggage in the car. On return from optimised Sofia walking tour at 14h (usual booking.com guarantee late check out time), all wet we sit in car and continue our trip. On door we saw Bulgarian girl (that last night woke up whole floor and insult us while asked to keep silent) having late check out (14h) putting her baggage in taxi and leaving. We felt like fools. Hotel have no rules.

Very nice hotel, spacy and cozy rooms, cute breakfast. Near the center, so we planed walk tour about 5km, which includes all the attractions. Parking is free in whole street

petty thieves

breakfast on weekends commences 8:30 rather than 7:30 weekdays. we had a long drive ahead of us and i got food poisoning from dump around the corner, so at 8:20 my wife got herself a tea as buffet all but set up and ready to go. fool at reception tried to charge us for the tea even though that is all we had and were forfeiting right to 3 free breakfasts minutes prior to "official" start time. told him no and left. later that day my credit card details were stolen and used by the OMV gas station which is a huge inconvenience as we are traveling for months. point is, Bulgarians need to smarten up....

very comfortable hotel in a good location.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Perfect central location with a metro station a minute away,...

Wi-fi is really weak and losing connection in the rooms and lobby, not reliable if you need to work. The hotel is near to a busy boulevard which should be considered prior booking and choosing a room. Once the (overpriced) restaurant refused to deliver roomservice and my brother had to walk down and convince the receptionist to help with that which is not acceptable at all. They mutually allow smoking in the lobby. There were no nets at the window and the door of the room and flies and bees got inside the room.

Perfect central location with a metro station a minute away, great for me reaching Sofia Swing Dance Festival 2017 venues! Nice and friendly staff in general, especially the receptionists. Cosy vintage lobby and rooms. Average breakfast. Gourmet Spanish restaurant available onsite. Luckily got 1 free parking spot but had to pay for the 2nd car.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Adequate hotel for sofia central

On the main carriageway which allowed drivers of vehicles to drive like racing car drivers - engines revving and tyres screeching. Not the hotels fault obviously but this meant you couldn't have the windows open at night - and we were on the 4th floor!

Quiet clean and friendly. Very good location close enough to walk to the city and far enough for quiet.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Great Value in Sofia

This is an older hotel which was probably luxurious in its day. Think crushed velvet and stale cigarette smoke from when one could smoke inside.

The location was very convenient to public transportation. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very friendly and spoke English. We were comfortable.

Very comfortable, friendly and in a great part of the city!

The entry to the hotel is confusing because when you walk in there is no one to greet you...the Reception is behind a wall and through a hallway at the very back of the hotel. But the staff were glad we were there and happy to help.

The extra large shower and all the hot water we needed in a family of 3! Also, the air conditioner worked very well the two nights we were there. The front desk staff were professional, friendly and very helpful...and the restaurant next door, Azahar, Spanish Cuisine, was nothing short of AMAZING...the taste, quality and freshness of the food was off the charts for the price!

Close to the metro station.

If you want to slouch on the sofa in the main lounge and/or put your feet (including shoes) up on the chairs, no-one will apparently complain.

Close to the metro station. Very quiet location. Very friendly staff

Meg-Lozenetz Hotel Buisness stay

The breakfast was the average continental style, no complaints there as that is what I expected. The problem I had was that the serving did not start until 7.30am, which for business was far too late and therefore I only had breakfast the first morning. My work is at the airport and if you leave after 8am, then you are sitting in traffic.

Standard continental, nothing surprising

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Disappointing & Pricey.
    • Luxury Double Room

The room did not look anything like the room i thought i had booked (judging by the pictures on Booking.com). I would certainly NOT describe it as a "Luxury" double. The was no bath tub (despite the room description and pictures showing one), the shower stopped working half way through my shower and even when it did work, the temp was difficult to control and would not stay constant. I could not connect to the internet at all on my first day but it was okay on second. There was no tea & coffee visible in the room. The room was a little on the small side with no desk for me to use my Laptop (just a small round table). The bed had a lump in the middle. The television had no English speaking news channels (No BBC, no CNN, no Fox News etc.). Price was far too high given the facilities.

Clean, one friendly member of staff. Reasonable internet (on second day).

Old-time chic in new Sofia

Decor needs updating. Cigarette burn on bedspread. Our room, #17, is on the 5th floor. The elevator only goes to the 4th floor. This should have been explained, as we had to carry a lot of luggage up and down a flight of stairs to get to the elevator.

Friendly staff. Located near metro station.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

A gem of a find - great location, amenities, service

Wi-fi was a bit spotty, but it worked 80% of time for me. Hotel web-site on booking.com lists a free airport shuttle. Either that is incorrect or it is not available on weekends. Not a big deal since it only cost 1.6 BGN to use the metro and the entrance to EU station was less than 100 yards away from the hotel.

Location, size of room, amenities were all perfect. Near shopping, metro and a few other restaurants nearby, yet my room was not noisy. I loved the fact that this small hotel had all bathroom amenities including lotion, cotton swabs, toothbrush and toothpaste. The air conditioner worked (I went to other hotels on this trip where it didn't). The staff was helpful and printed a map to help me find a post-office. Breakfast has ample variety. For anyone who likes walking or biking, getting to downtown is a breeze even without using the metro. Considering the price I paid, this place was a wonderful find

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Beware if you dislike cigarette smoke

The hotel allows smoking almost everywhere -- in the lobby bar, in the rooms, on the stairs. If you dislike cigarette smoke, this hotel may not be suitable for you.

Spacious rooms. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Nice hotel to stay at while visiting Sofia.

Unfortunately, even if in the hotel description you will find that it's in the city centre, it's walking distance but about 20 minutes to the main shopping street.

The staff is kind and available. Breakfast is simple, I mean there isn't much to choose but it's ok for any kind of taste. The triple room was very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Cosy hotel with nice furnishings and good standard for a 3 star hotel.

For better service, I would like to be able to order some food from a room service menu when arriving late(eg after 10pm) and not have to go to the restaurant next door.

The hotel reception staff very helpful on site.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Never again

I arrived at 11pm and left at 8 am on the next day. My room was cold, the air condition didn't work properly, the bath shower was broken. Kitsch, noisy rooms. In my opinion value for money for my stay=0.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Easy minded, great service. Classy yet highly valuable place.

Breakfast. Not the selection of quality I am used to in Sweden. Breakfast though, like in many other countries, does not seem to be that much of a big deal in Bulgaria. So I can overlook this detail, although I can't help to think how perfect this place would be with a good breakfast with good coffee.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Welcoming hotel in city centre

Location perfect to easily reach everywhere in the city centre, opposite a shopping mall, rooms big and beds very comfortable. Free Parking at back if hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Relaxing in Sofia in a gem of a hotel

Having to leave!

Lovely hotel in a great location with brilliant staff, rooms very comfortable with huge bed even being a central location it's very peaceful and quiet plus the bonus of easy parking.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

the room was big and had a nice balcony

the location is horrible. construction site across the street and a lot of noise. bed was really uncomfortable. parking behind the hotel looked like a place where they dump toxic waste. the breakfast was very very poor. the restaurant was closed due to summer holliday. that felt really stupid.

the room was big and had a nice balcony it was clean

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Nice hotel, big room, great bed.

We had two things we were looking for when choosing a hotel for just one night in Sofia, parking and a central location. Sadly, this wonderful hotel wrongly advertised itself as central - which it is definitely not; and with surveillance parking - which was actually an unkept yard a few streets away, completely empty, it looked dubious to say the least. We had to park on the street, luckily we found a place next to some dumpsters.

Nice hotel, big room, great bed. Wonderful lobby, tasty and varied breakfast.

Very good hotel to stay

Breakfast was very poor

Hotel position was very good.

Comfortable, good location, close to metro station and...

Comfortable, good location, close to metro station and Shopping Mall.

rooms are spacious, quiet and comfortable

rooms are spacious, quiet and comfortable

Great place to stay right near the mall and city centre

The place could use a renovation

Good value for money spent, staff spoke great English and were very friendly

Nice location

Poor breakfast, a bit rundown rooms

Near Metro and Mall

Outside was very nice.

Outside was very nice.

Very good enjoyed my stay . Staff were great . Restaurant fantastic .

TV not working

The restaurant

No parking

No parking

The receptionist guy was amazing, he booked for the best...

The receptionist guy was amazing, he booked for the best restaurant in town ordered taxi and accommodated us really nicely.... rest was just ok

Locality.

Lack of parking!

Locality. Friendliness. Breakfast

Very close to the city center. Good and silent place for rest after a hard working day.

There’s a nice place in 20 minutes walk to the Vitosha str. Very friendly staff.

Very nice place to stay!

shower didnt work properly, there was unpleasant smell in the room.

Top location, nice place to stay...breakfast was goed, clean room..

As usual good i stay at the same hotel for comfort and location close to subway and taxis for going

The staff are always helpful and your needs are catered for at all times

Very friendly staff, perfect location, great value for money

Very friendly staff, perfect location, great value for money

Perfect location, very large rooms and bathrooms, close to...

not so much the decorations

Perfect location, very large rooms and bathrooms, close to all kind of businesses, very close to the subway

Affordable luxury near downtown

Sofa hide-a-bed uncomfortable

Variety of choices at breakfast

Location is good

It not very clean

Location is good

Super size of bed, nice bathroom

Windows view

Super size of bed, nice bathroom

See you again next time.

nothing.

Location, breakfast, personel behaviours was great. Next time i will be there again... Thank you for everything.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Chilled out location

Wifi intermittent in the room

Location. Friendliness of the staff. Clean

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Overnight in a great hotel in Sofia

An extra night or two, but work calls :(

As always a friendly welcome from the staff which makes the stay all that much better

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Locaion

Poor breackfast, not worth for the money you paying for.

Locaion

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

its ok

breakfast was ordinary.

it is ok .it was worth.nothing spcl to say .

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Very good hotel

This hotel is perfect for a few days in sofie hotel is very certain bed is realy big saff are helpful

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Ideal location for our needs

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

It worth staying !

Very nice decoration.The staff very helpful.Next to metro station.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Comfortable, warm, nice and Cozy.
    • Luxury Double Room

Breakfast variety can be improved, to include some fresh breads, omelets, and fresh juices.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Unpleasant increase of price guaranteed by Booking.

Unpleasant increase of price guaranteed by Booking.com if paid in LV.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Excellent accommodation for mother and daughter with 2...

Excellent accommodation for mother and daughter with 2 separate bedroom areas. Quirky and unique.

Smoking was allowed in the bar.
    • Luxury Double Room

Smoking was allowed in the bar.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

THE SERVICE WAS VERY PLEASURE

THE PRICE IS LITTLE HIGH!!

THE SERVICE WAS VERY PLEASURE

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Luxury Double Room

Great hotel at good lication

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

The room was very dusty

The room was very dusty

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Beautiful...
    • Luxury Double Room

This is a small but beautiful hotel. The room was big, comfortable and nicely decorated and all staff was very helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

I recommend Meg-Lozenetz

The hotel was very easy to find and location is very good. A few minutes walking and you will be in the center. So quite place and friendly people.

Very nice restaurant

Very nice restaurant

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Very nice small "family like" hotel.

Nice small family hotel, freindly staff, good location. Very good value for money.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Nice Sofia Stop-over

The decoration and character was great, very individual and boutique. Much better than newer hotel chains