Reviews of Palitra Family Hotel 3 stars

11, Constantine Doganov, 9000 Varna City, Bulgaria

#40 of 71 hotels in Varna City

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

I enjoyed exploring the town more than I enjoyed staying at the hotel.
    • Budget Single Room

There is no lift in the hotel which is no picnic when you're placed on the fourth floor. There is also no restaurant but hotels below three-star rarely have those. Not having a lift...I've been in one-star dumps that had lifts. Come on! Also the bed is extremely uncomfortable.

The room was clean and the air conditioning worked which is just as well or I'd have left and gone elsewhere. The hotel was reasonably close to the train and bus station but not at the heart of the city. Breakfast was acceptable.

Safe box
    • Comfort Single Room with Balcony

The next building was under construction. The workers start early in the morning. That makes it a bit noisy during the daytime. Nothing else

Safe box Staff Big room Supermarkets around

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The eldest receptionist was helpful with giving us...
    • Studio

1st Receptionist Younger woman didn't tell us about what time breakfast would be available and could only point us in direction of our room. The WiFi only worked for a day. A bin in the breakfast area hadn't been emptied for some time. It had lots of little flies in it. The bed was very uncomfortable. The cleaning of our studio was poor. The bed was only made once properly in the time we stayed here. The free mini bar only provided us with 2 bottles of water! The area was noisy being in a poor area of the city with people scavenging out of the garbage bins. The breakfast was the same every day. We were also charged 20 leva for checking out later even though we had put in a request for this which stated that there was no extra charge for this!

The eldest receptionist was helpful with giving us directions and ordering taxi for us. The breakfast was ok. The bathroom and shower was ok.

Great room for two people, everything we needed was there.
    • Economy Single Room

Hotel was awesome, bit expensive. Location is just little bit off center of the city, but the room did compensate that.

Great room for two people, everything we needed was there. Everything was clean, neibourhood was quiet. Staff was extremely polite and always helpful, would stay again.

Big room, good location, comfortable bed, kind staff, good...
    • Comfort Double Room

old bathroom facilities, room smelled like smokers room cleaned with hospital detergents, no parking

Big room, good location, comfortable bed, kind staff, good breakfast, ok for one night

It is clean and comfortable for just one night.
    • Economy Single Room

There ia nothing that I dislike.

It is clean and comfortable for just one night. So, I can't complain about anything. The breakfast is good enough.

A good choice to return to
    • Comfort Triple Room

Located between small streets already filled with other vehicles, if you come by car there will be virtually no parking space around the hotel.

Great prices for what they offer in return. Within walking distance you have plenty of tourist attractions, restaurants or grocery stores. We managed to relax and sleep well at Palitra as it was quiet and the beds could offer a proper sleep.

Waste of money
    • Economy Single Room

The room was cold, air conditioner not working, had to go back downstairs - four stories - to ask the receptionist to check it. There was nobody at the reception so I had to ring the bell for about 3-4 min until he appeared half asleep and his answer was: ''I'm not a technician'', than he gave me a key for another room. Both rooms had heavy smell of cigarettes despite it was a non smoking hotel and they both had their windows left wide open when I first entered either. There was a note on the fridge door '' Mini bar is free'' but it was also completely empty except for a little plastic tube or something like pointing my face. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of it. I would not recommend Palitra Family Hotel.

The room was quite and spacious.

A clean, friendly, basic hotel, which is good value for money.
    • Budget Single Room

The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. I only stayed one night so didn't investigate any other facilities but I was glad of the 24hr reception. and hot shower. It was within easy walking distance of the centre.

Great staff, good breakfast.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The acoustic in the hotel is very bad, we heard people making love like it was in our room... The shower hose wasn't fixed and it kept falling during shower, so we had to make an improvization with it. Parking is a big problem but not the hotel's one, its Varna's big issue. There is no elevator (for us it wasn't an issue but you should know)

Great staff, good breakfast. For a family of 5 (2 parents and 3 teenagers) we got two rooms for the family that were located adjacently with a door separating from the floor public area, so although this door is public and not locked, it gave us a sense of privacy.

The room was clean and was a nice size.
    • Economy Single Room

One of the twin beds was not very comfortable (mattress was very sunken in in the middle). Thankfully there was a 2nd bed in the room that was more comfortable.

The room was clean and was a nice size. They also had water, tea, and coffee in the room.

I will recommend this family hotel as the atmosphere were...
    • Comfort Double Room

I will recommend this family hotel as the atmosphere were very friendly, even the cleaners were with big smiles, room been cleaned every single day. All stuff speaking English and always been very helpful for any information we needed. Its very easy to get to city centre by taxi for 5 minutes and it's really cheap or by walk about 15 min

Mostly I like the lady on the reception unfortunately I...
    • Comfort Triple Room

Mostly I like the lady on the reception unfortunately I don't know her name,very kind and helpful woman,we stayed in the hotel for just one night and had early flight,what was our surprise when we receive bag filled with food,fruits,sweets and water priceless!Thanks a lot that's give me hope!

It was my worst experience, about hotels and people!!
    • Economy Twin Room

I didn't like anything. Unlike the advertisement in booking, location was absolute diseaster. The hotel was far away from sea, far away from city centre and in the middle of no where. There were car repair places around. Smelly room was not cleaned at all, and when they finally did they only made the beds and NOTHING else. No vacuum, no clean sheets, no clean towels, and NO TOILET PAPER. We asked several times for toilet paper and had to go down and get it our selves after a long time wait. Hotel stuff didn't help with anything but just calling us a cab, which we could've also done it our selves. No recomendations, no directions, nothing. After several days of not cleaning the room -eventhough we asked several times- there was a broken glass and the hotel stuff said there is no one to clean so we have to live with it!!! After insisting that we might hurt our selves he handed us a broom and said we should take care of it in a very rude way. Sheets were smelly and had cigarette holes in them and were yellow which clearly was not the original colour. It was totally discusting. Booking shouldn't include this hotel in thw web site cause it is taking down the quality of the web site.

Room had a small fridge in it.

Comfortable accommodation within walking distance of city centre.
    • Budget Single Room

The hotel is located in a rather uninteresting part of Varna and the walk to the main square made me wonder why I had visited this city at all.

The room was spacious and well-furnished: it had been described as a basic single room. There were lots of extras such as slippers, free snacks and water. The hotel was close to a shopping centre containing a supermarket and there were also cheap places to eat nearby.

Good comfortable Hotel
    • Comfort Double Room

Not a very nice area. During the day parking is not a problem but do not move your car after about 5PM as it becomes almost impossible to park after this time, It in a residential area and everyone comes home from work and parks. Finding restaurants and shops is not easy but if you walk straight up the street from the entrance to the hotel in 150 yards you come to a big street Ulitsa Kraka. Turn right walk down hill for about 1 kilometer and you will see on the right the supermarket Makao. It also has a reasonable restaurant.

Very helpful people, the hotel had a relaxed welcoming atmosphere. All the little extras like tea and coffee in the room which are normally only provided in more expensive hotels. Very clean and comfortable. Good wi fi.

Clean, comfortable and very good value for money
    • Comfort Single Room with Balcony

I was satisfied with the facilities.

The room and the general areas of the hotel was very clean. The stuff was very kind and helpfull. As an alone traveler safety was so important to me and I felt safe. Furthermore; I felt a family atmosphere, there. Customer care was on top. It was exactly, how it was discribed. It is a very very good value for money. This was my second visit and I noticed the new decoration in the breakfast room which made the area even more comfortable. There is a bus stop in the front street also taking a taxi is convenient as it costs less than 3 levas to the center. The center is also easy to walk. There are cafes and shops around. Also a supermarket, a drugstore and a nice bar in 5 minutes walking distance. I surely will stay there again and can recommend with confidence.

Value for money
    • Studio

No lift, we were on the 3rd floor,if you don't have a baby buggy it's alright. Also for a family hotel, the room wasn't baby proofed-there were exposed and loose sockets.The AC had black gunk coming out every time it's switched on(it was working fine tho).

It was very clean and the staff was friendly,the bathroom was huge!There is a decent sized balcony for smoking and a clothes line.The room was cleaned every day ,complimentary water and snacks,kettle and coffee for the room,hair dryer and AC.Continental breakfast,free WiFi.

Basic accommodation at a basic price.
    • Budget Single Room

No elevator. Breakfast was not to my taste (but they did have a decent do-it-yourself espresso machine)

Basic accommodation at a basic price. It was convenient to where I needed to be and I wasn't spending time in the room except to sleep and shower.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Good hotel near city center

No elevator in building.

Good location, 10-15 walking to city center. Helpful staff. Clean room with enough free space and facilities. Excellent value for money!

I can say only the location is good and the stuff is nice.

Miserable , very noisy

I can say only the location is good and the stuff is nice. However the hotel is horrible , not clean, awful....

Staff was extremely helpful due all questions and provides...
    • Comfort Single Room with Balcony

Staff was extremely helpful due all questions and provides service above expectations.

Food.
    • Family Room

The furniture in my room were worn out.

Food.

Only a brief visit as

2 nights stay
    • Comfort Twin Room

It was a hasstle with the parking around.

Very clean nicr family hotel as discribed. Friendly and helpfull staff.

I STAY 11 NIGHTIS ME AND 5 DAYS MY WIFE. SMILED CREW ALL TIMES AND NIGHTES WHEN I COME BACK AT 2-3 M

The lighting inside.

Very good.The quality and the service.

Reception was very good and helpful

No parking

Reception was very good and helpful

Relax days.
    • Comfort Triple Room

Everything for us was ok.

Cleaness and location.

It was too loud

Low intetnet

Friendly but bad hotel
    • Economy Single Room

Roaches, dirty, smelly, old, wornout room and matress, bad WiFi

Friendly Staff. Thats it.

Everything was OK.
    • Comfort Double Room

I little bit far from beach

Everything was OK. Room and breakfast was nice.

Hotel ok
    • Studio

Not very welcoming receptionist, not secure place for luggage, very basic breakfast

The location and the quietness

Nice stay

Good coffee

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

In a quiet location not far from the centre-10 min walk.

What spoiled our experience was the smell of smoke in the bedrooms we looked at and in the general areas of the hotel. Did not feel that the owners understand that many Europeans live in countries where smoking is restricted and that we expect non-smoing facilities when travelling. Bulgaria has a lot to do in this field as do many other East European countries.

In a quiet location not far from the centre-10 min walk. Nice rooms and bathrooms. Breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

Great hotel.

Nothing bad just a little far from the beach but by step it takes 20minutes so nothing uncomfortable. Great hotel at least !

Great hotel. People of the hotel are very sympathetics.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Friendly staff.

Parking is a nightmare. The streets are narrow full of cars. When we asked if there was somewhere to park which the particulars suggested we were told that we had to find somewhere on the street. Spoiled our stay.

Friendly staff. Clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

anything

anything

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

Very peaceful place to stay.

Very peaceful place to stay. Staff are very helpful

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Great breakfast

Great breakfast Very good service Clean, comfortable room ( studio)

There are also 29 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.