Reviews of Red Bed & Breakfast 2 stars

15 Ljuben Karavelov Str, Centrum, 1142 Sofia, Bulgaria

#127 of 179 hotels in Sofia

Based on 129 hostel reviews

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Centrally located, clean rooms, cozy atmosphere. I got a room with double bed and shared bathroom, all very clean and cozy. The B&B is located close to all Sofia's main attractions and very close to the metro line which connects the city to the airport.

A kettle...

No breakfast included. Kitchen needs a kettle. Interesting house of 19th century sculpteur Andrei Nikolov with a theater downstairs. Quiet with good tram link (number 12) to the centre and bus station etc...

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

the staff was excellent. One of them spoke French, our first language, so that was comforting. And they were able to arrange a taxi for us at 2 in the morning and even speak to the driver in Bulgarian on our behalf. The hotel was very clean and the decor was nice. It was also well situated for sightseers like us.

Everything was excellent.

Excellent property in the historical heart of the city. The whole building "Red house " is amazing, a former home of a very famous artist from the time of the last kingdom of Bulgaria. Must see. Very friendly service, very clean, outstanding furniture. Comfortable bed and bathroom. Classy and aristocratic place. Incredible low price for such a good quality. Highly recommend to all travelers. Hope to visit again soon.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There is some dust and spider nets should be cleaned.

I have been felt like at home. Very cute place. Big rooms. Nice old decoration. Cool arts place building. Good location. Good neighborhood. Nice staff able to help you in everything.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

sheets and towels could've been cleaner :) staff didn't speak English

they had everything you needed: hairdryer, washing machine, fridge, heater in the room. the bathroom was also quite clean.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Breakfast didn’t really work, they were apparently unaware that this option is still available on booking.com. I eventually got some voucher but the place where I was supposed to get the food wasn’t open yet when I got there. It’s probably easier to take care of it yourself.

The rooms and beds seem to be part of some kind of apartment which is very comfortable and nice and, at the time I stayed there (November), was empty except for me.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The person at the front desk did not speak English. There was not a clear sign for B&B. There was a sign for Red Spot. They cannot make change when I want to check out. I had to go get exact change in a shop nearby. They cannot give me a receipt that I paid in cash.

The B&B was close to the metro.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Difficulty to find the B&B at night as there is no sign nor light. The room was closed by window doors without curtains, lacking intimacy. The owner is no where to be seen. The door man does not speak English, but does understand Hostel (not B&B)! No information in the hostel about Sofia nor the Internet or check-in/check-out information.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The WiFi was terrible. I had to use my mobile as a hotspot instead.

The host was very accommodating and tried her best to ensure I had a pleasant stay. My room was lovely -- quiet and overlooking a leafy park. Access to the kitchen was an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Unfortunately, we had no warm water in the last two days, so that we had to shower in cold water.. Also, no one was there, when we wanted to check out in the morning at 7.30 AM.

Super location, very central. Everything is wakable! Furniture and rooms are in vintage Italian Style, old but neat and spacious. There is no curfew and late check-in at 11 PM was no problem.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Me and my 9 year old daughter felt safe and very comfortable in RED. We had a super large room with a sofa and two armchairs where we sat and read in the evening. It was very relaxing and we recommend it. Very close to the centre and all its sights were within walking distance. The public transport was good with the Metro and Tram line very close. All in all a lovely stay, in a quiet residential area. The staff were very helpful and the lady in the shop next door spoke good English.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No breakfast, though I paid for it. Someone smoked in the room before.

Nice and big room. Quiet and in city center. Late check in at 2 am was no problem. Nice shower.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The stuff was completely unfriendly. I requested to stay in the living room of the hostel because my flight was after midnight and they didn't permit me.The Wi-Fi connection was very weak and I couldn't do my work. Will never return again!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The reception girl was a little bit disoriented :)

The location is perfect. The apartment is wide and clean. It's in the city centre but on quite street, near to everything you'll need.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

- the check-in was a bit chaotic, nobody seemed to know really that I had a booking - it has been mentioned months ago already but they still haven't installed a lock in the toilet... I don't know what is so difficult about it, it would help feeling more comfortable a lot - a proper blanket would be nice

- The building has a great atmosphere and the location couldn't be better - very lively area not far from major sights and public transport. - Nice people in the café downstairs - There is a canteen 20 m down the road, offering tasty and affordable food, next to many other fast food options - it felt like a shared flat during my student times

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Well.to be perfectly honest.Nothing... My stays.re.always.too.short.atRedB&B...

I.am.a.regular.client for 8 years now. Unless it is already booked why should I.sleep elsewhere in Sofia? Flat is comfy.and deliciously.decorated and staff is.really.nice...

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Some of the staff doesn't speak any English, although they are all nice and helpful.

Very interesting place, with a creative decoration... We had the impression to have a full flat for us. More for couples who prefer confort and privacy than for Travellers that want to meet other people. The location is great, you are near to several cool bars

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no hot water in the shower.

The employers were very friendly and willing to help us. The location was just perfect and the old fashioned building was perfect to feel Sofia's atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The master's bedroom ghost is a sick fcuk... just joking ;-)

the red bnb can be ur best bet to discover sofia least U are open minded. A cultural and social places, with a floor dedicated to hosting almost anyone, from families to ancient time travellers. Kitchen, living room and walking distance to any significative places in the city center... Be carefull, if U sleep here, you'll wanna gonna back to bg...

Helpfulness if staff

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

My room was very quiet and clean, the kitchen had everything I needed. The decor is great :)

I wanted to stay longer

Great location. Historical building. Amazingly welcoming night staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

That the bathroom is shared, but I didn't have any problems.

The bed was really very comfortable and the room was very art!

EVERYTHING NO 2ND VISIT

REALLY???

Didn't felt welcome

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

very nice and big room. it is like an appartment and you book one room in it. shared living room and kitchen were huge and comfy.

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Real museum flat (all at home) its great place =)

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

in my room good TV offer with lots of programmes good location very quiet large room

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We got the only room with a glass door

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Perfect . Great location

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There was no breakfast at all.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Everything.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Nothing really

The place is very nicely located in the heart of Sofia room is vary well decorated , staff was extremely nice and polite

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Breakfast arrived late

Excellent place, unique, quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The door of the shared toilet can't be locked

Location, in a nice part of Sofia.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

So one of the duvets were satin and one was cotton - which was a little odd. And one duvet appeared to not be a duvet, but a folded up sheet in a duvet cover! And it was a little chilly, but other than that the place was really very good and clean, and amazing value for money.

For the money we paid, it was perfect. The place was slightly odd, but that's the kind of thing we like - we seemed to have a whole floor to ourselves, and though the staff didn't speak much English, we were made to feel welcome. They let us in at 3 in the morning (when our flight got in) - which was amazing. The breakfast was left out for us each morning and was perfect. Had a really good stay. The best part is the location - it's about a ten minute walk to the best parts of Sofia and is really easy to find. You can't miss it - it's very red! There are a number of great bars and restaurants just two streets up - use the maps they leave you in the room showing bars and restaurants, they're really helpful and we had a lovely meal about three minutes walk away off the back of that.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2016

Very warm and cosy place. Great power shower, nice equipped kitchen to eat or cook in (with washing machine if need be) and a spacious and grandiose lounge. It's a very nice building. Also it's an arts centre so you can see some artworks on exhibition or even a performance. I really enjoyed my stay. I would definitely book again, next time in Sofia.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

unfriendly reception, the building was being painted/renovated? the shared toilet door had no lock?? I never saw the breakfast?? the curtains fell off the poles? (I cancelled my return visit, not my thing! Sorry)

In truth I did not really like much. (it could work for others it was quirky & kitchen had facilities to use?)

• Reviewed: 26 November 2015

I have booked a double room, but have been accommodated in a single attic room with second camp bed.

The staff were kind and the location was very good.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

We came very late at night and we got a key to our room which unfortunately was not ready. The bed was not made, there was a rubbish bag in the room and the air was not fresh :/ I guess they thought that no one would come and they didn't prepare it, but still this is not an excuse. The next day we were moved to another room, which was excellent.

The building is very nice and interior is very interesting. Our second room was very comfortable and spacious.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

All good

Lovely interior in a retro style that you don't get in other cities in Bulgaria, and a great location where onward travel to the airport was stress free as the hotel is around the corner from the Metro. Metro to the airport was 2 leva for 2 people!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

It was very hard to locate the hostel since there wasn't any indication it was a hostel, so get a note on the address.Only one pillow for a double bed. It was over-all clean but there was a piece of shoelace on the night stand. Breakfast is pricey.

Beautiful old building, interesting interior design and furnishing, plenty of books available to read. Very convenient location, pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

Great location; friendly, attentive and always ready to help staff. I paid for a small single bed room but I got a huge lovely room with a king size bed. It was so very nice of the receptionist(not sure but she was probably the manager) to offer it to me because it wasn't prebooked. There is everything you need to cook for yourself in the kitchen or to help yourself to a magazine or book in english or bulgarian and read in the living room... When I was collecting my luggage(I left it in the hostel after check out) the same lady, smiling with a curly hair) knowing where I'm traveling to, reminded me that I could be late for my last coach and ordered a taxi for me so I was in time at the station. It was so thoughtful from her. It was a very nice experience and I'll be back! Thanks for everything!! Mariya Gerginska PS I didn't have breakfast so I can't comment.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Breakfast included was actually a bun on a plate with a yogurt that was left on the table. The website said that breakfast was served between 10:15 & 11:30 at the cafe but there was no Cafe... Also, our room didn't lock from the inside...

The building is beautiful. Our room was clean, well decorated & the shared space was great.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2015

Frukosten varierade från utmärkt till medelmåttig men det kompenseras av det utmärkta och billiga utefiket.

En känd bulgarisk arkitekt och konstnär ritade huset i art deco och bodde i det till sin död 1957. Stora utrymmen, smakfullt vardagsrum med stilmöbler och äkta mattor, stor frihet och självhushåll. På gatan utanför finns god och varierad take away och cafébord där kvarterets vardagsfolk gärna äter lunch, dricker kaffe, mediterar eller tar en öl. Här upplever man gammal bebyggelse med atmosfär.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2015

Bedlinen, matress and curtains smell on cigarettes, as most guests smoke inside. unless you keep the windows open at all times, it is unbearable.

nice small B&B in a cultural venue. location is perfect. kitchen is very useful. to connect the stove, use the extension cable from your room. only 3 rooms are on offer, so no noise. people are friendly. feel very safe as there is 24h reception downstairs. small shop next to B&B. metro station 200m away.

• Reviewed: 15 May 2015

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

Bed mattress was a big too soft and sheet wasn't fitted so it can off during the night.

Lots of facilities and clean. Home made cake baked for our arrival! Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2015

Shower was sometimes inconsistent, but hot water always came back almost straight away

Enjoyed the little treats, cakes, bon bons, etc, left by the staff around the house. The place felt homely, with some great parts of the interior and a comfy bed :)

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Staff was very friendly and helped me make sure the wifi would be strong enough for me, as I had an online class. The room was big and comfortable, lots of hot water.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Location is awesome, close to everything! Breakfast is really good and diverse, staff are awesome, very friendly and helpful! I love this hotel, and I would def go back there again!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2015

I would prefer to have a bathroom inside, but, of course, I was aware that it is not the case.

I stayed there one night by my way from the airport to the Centrsl bus station. For this, the location is ideal. Just near the bus stop from the airport and the metro statio to the Central bus station. In addition, pretty close to the city center for having a nice dinner. The kitchen there is well ewupped and perfectly clean. Don't go for breakfest to the poor russian cafee shop. Just pick up something tasty at a supermarket and prepare your own delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

The room was comfortable and the price reasonable. Close to the city centre.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

Wonderful staff. Beautiful environment, the place feels very authentic. Close to metro and to touridtic sites.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2016

It´s a charming place, the breakfast is delicious, some tradicional bulgarian breakfast every day, and the manager is very nice.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

carpet must be change

all

• Reviewed: 18 January 2016

Warm rooms ,hot water,close to metro station

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

No one cleaned the shared bathroom and toilet from Monday to Friday.

Nice and big room. Very quiet in a nice area.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

Running out of coffee!

Location, helpfulness, fascinatingly different sort of place

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

There is no sign pointing to the hotel

location, room, bathroom

There are also 18 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.