Reviews of Sofia Hotel Balkan, A Luxury Collection Hotel 5 stars

5,Sveta Nedelya Square, Centrum, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

#84 of 179 hotels in Sofia

• Classic Room

The cleanliness in the room could be improved - there were glass marks from previous guests on the TV shell, also Please use a proper duvet cover as the use of two single sheets keeps the duvet out and this is not hygienic at all.

The location is top - right in the city center, perfect to explore the city. Very comfortable bed and pillows as well as espresso machine in the room which was a nice upgrade from our last visit.

• Classic Room

Room cleanliness need to be improved.

The room is not clean enough. I see dusk on the tables and housekeeping never wipe it. Stay there 3 nights and see the same dusk everyday so just clean it myself. Coffee machine did not work as the coffee come out cold. There is also a moth on my ceiling. Only mention about coffee machine when leaving the hotel.

• Classic Room

If you arrive by car note that the hotel has no private parking - There is a rather small parking in front of the hotel, operated seperately from the hotel.

The room was well equiped with all the basic amenities - and even a coffee machine. The bathroom is big and convinient. The room's bed - with no doubt "the star of the room" is outstandingly comfortable. Also worth mentioning is the helpful staff - from prompt repsonses by mail to the concierge who helped with calling a taxi.

• Executive Room

Rooms a little outdated but still very comfortable and nice.

Great hotel in a very convenient area of Sofia for visiting. Breakfast in the morning offered an excellent selection of food and was delicious! Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Classic Room

The blanket wasn't clean enough I found something black underneath!! I ordered Burger and French fries from the room service. Actually the French fries was delicious but the burger was too bad. I believe they should do better on kitchen.

The location is perfect everything around. The room was quite and the mattress comfortable. They provided coffee machine Nice style of the room Value for money

• Classic Room

The casino was not worthed

This hotel was absolutely amazing. The location is unbeatable in the heart of the city center, only 15 levs from the airport by taxi. The rooms were clean, the beds weren’t comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful and nice. This hotel made our trip so enjoyable and convenient. I will always stay there

• Classic Room

Room was noisy as it was located next to lifts but I didn't report it to hotel

Location is excellent, rooms very comfortable & clean. Fabulous hotel with amazing breakfast

• Classic Room

I had moths flying around in my room. Wedding parties held on lower floor could be heard.

Breakfast was good, location is perfect (The absolute center of town, there is no better location)

• Classic Room

The structure reveals its oldness here and there. It is now facing the excavations for the subway blocked by the discovery of Serdica ruins. No noises but a little confused panorama.

Excellent position, really the best for a quick holiday. Extremely kind and smiling staff. Not glam, but fascinating the 'Bulgarian' way. I 've enjoyed my stay.

• Classic Room

The hotel and especially the rooms are very very old. On our last night, we came back after dinner to find out that there was a gipsy wedding in the ballroom on our floor (1st), nothing against gipsy culture but they know how to throw a party and can tend to be on the loud side. Reception told us it would be over by midnight so we didn't make any fuss. Unfortunately it lasted until the early morning hours, preventing anyone on our floor from getting any sleep. We had to relocate to a 4th floor room at 2am...

Location is Excellent, breakfast is good.

• Classic Room

The room was cleaned only after repeated reminders. towels were not replaced until special request. private events (weddings?) were very noisy and the noise was late at night. one of the receptionist responded to our request to stay for another night with a negative approch including raising the price by 50% and setteled only after i had introduced my tourist's records. the keys to the rooms needed to be reformated repeatedly. only the conciergerge was smiling and was helpful, and indeed another receptionist who prefer to be kind rather then argue with a taxi driver who trippled the price!

• Classic Room

The only downside, for me, was the bed / pillows, it was way too soft for my taste. Would prefer a more firm stable mattress and pillows.

The staff is the best feature! the hotel itself is. very spacious and elegant and in great, location close to public trans and city attractions. The room was lovely, we asked for a kettle and got one. Pleasant stay!

• Classic Room

They charged me 50 euros as a deposit but I havent recieved money back. I have sent them an email two times but havent recieved my money back yet.

perfect location, fantastic bed and pillow. The best bed I ve ever seen in a hotel. Very warm welcoming. The brakfast was amazing, I ll stay there again.

• Executive Room

The bedroom decor was traditional and not in keeping with the contemporary style of the public areas. The bathroom was rather dated and on one wall lots of dirty marks could be seen. Down on the floor just under the sink vanity unit was an electric wire which was inadequately insulated, therefore potentially a health and safety risk as near a water supply. On receipt of the final bill the hotel nearly charged us twice as for our stay as their system hadn't properly identified we had already prepaid.

Very good breakfast with lots of choice. The public areas were contemporary, stylish and well maintained. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and therefore a good nights sleep was had. The staff were attentive, polite and helpful.

• Classic Room

Air conditioning in room was not very effective

Great breakfast! Excellent location....pity the sauna and Jacuzzi were out of use and the mini bar was rather price! Very helpful and friendly staff. Would recommend!

• Executive Room

The hotel is let down by the rooms, they are dark and have very old fittings i.e. aircon did not work properly, shower was appalling, the room was just out of date and required a refirb, bathroom dusty and felt unclean as did the room. needs a refresh.

The staff were helpful and location was great for my trip

• Executive Room

The weather was hot and there was no air conditioning in the rooms . The rooms have central heating and central air conditioning as well . So I had to suffer from the heat , and was the only thing that disappointed me.

The staff and location are great. Very beautiful hotel and comfortable.

• Executive Suite

Rooms need a renovation. As the hotel is one of the most expensive , so any additional service like a transfer or mini bar was overpriced. Spa is in a basement , not exiting.

The building is great piece of architecture. Location is superb! Room reminds castle style.

• Classic Room

Room seems smaller than 30m2, as said on the website. At check-in 100 BGN deposit charged to the credit card, and released after almost 10 days. Prices of the drinks in the minibar are absurdly high.

Very centrally located. Comfortable bed.

• Classic Room

Air Con in rooms wasn’t working, and it was very warm. Complained, but ended up sleeping with the windows open which invited bugs in.

Great location, nice breakfast and very ornate decorations.

• Classic Room

- the room temperature was really high, it was almost like a sauna. Setting the air conditioning differently did not bring any improvement, even worse - the highest fan setting just brought some additional noise. Furthermore, the bed was equipped with a very thick blanket, which made it really hard to fall asleep in such a heat. Opening the window helped cooling down the room, but 1) there was a note saying not to open it a lot and only for a short time and 2) there was a lot of noise coming from the street. - we were left with the impression of a not very clean room - small, but annoying things - a little bit of dust here and there, small stains on the walls, curtains, blankets, etc. - price - maybe once, in the Sheraton times, the provided quality of service was amazing and deserved a bit higher prices. However, as of now the value of the hotel is completely overrated.

+ Very good location, right in the city center + Pleasant and helpful staff

• Classic Room

The so called Spa was very basic and dated. Poor facilities with a dated sauna that had a plunge pool with no water in it , thread bare towels and very basic changing rooms.

The hotel is in a great location for exploring Sofia city centre and handy for the Metro system.

• Classic Room

A stay is highly recommended who love an authentic environment.Beautiful estate and internal design -with old wooden furniture and chandeliers. Of course the hotel needs to go under renovation ( scheduled for 2018) as electric lines hanging out the wall and the carpets had seen better day's. A nice touch is the Espresso machine in room - the evening water combined with the heart chocolate and the daily weather forecast.We definitely liked very much the evening shift of the Balkan hotel - Efharisto - the hotel bar, unfortunately, close very early.Skip the invitation of the in-house (on side )casino ,not worthwhile to spend your time and money.

• Classic Room

Wi-Fi signal in my room was horrible, jumping constantly and reconnecting. Made it frustrating to use for business and leisure. Wifi signal was good only in common areas. There was no hot water. It was warm,but nowhere hot. Lukewarm shower, lukewarm bath is not pleasant after a long day.

Relatively low cost

• Classic Room

Arrived in the Hotel, only to find out that I was being charged DOUBLE per night from the price that was on that point on Booking.com. I call that a disgrace. The least they should have done is upgrade me into their best suite, but no, instead they gave me a slightly bigger room that was on the other end of the building. All in All terrible experience. I do not suggest this Hotel to anyone. The receptionist I met the second day in the morning concerning an issue with our Bathroom was extremely uneducated and should definately not front a 4/Star Hotel. All in all the worse experience I have had in my life concerning a Hotel stay.

• Classic Room

Outdated facilities, room-bathroom need redecoration. Room service charges were higher than the pricelist in the room.

Very comfortable, large rooms and common spaces, centrally located. Staff was friendly. Beds and pillows were very comfortable as well.

• Executive Suite

We had mold in the room. On the walls, wood and air condition. Staff tried to clear it but couldn't do it. Very dissapointed. So we were litteraly breathing it during 8 days. No compensation was proposed by the hotel.

Great daily housekeeping service, concierge and location.

• Classic Room

I WANTED TO TAKE SHOWER AT ARROUND 5:00 A.M. I WAS SURPRISED THAT THERE WAS NO HOT WATER AND THAT THE COLOR OF THE WATER WAS BROWN. I CALLED THE RECEPTION TO ASK WHY AND THE ANSWER WAS THAT IT HAPPENS BECAUSE OF THE MUNICIPALITY INSTRUCTIONS. I ASKED WHY I WAS NOT INFORMED ABOUT IT DURING BOOKING, BUT THERE WAS NO ANSWER. I ASKED TO GET MY MONEY BACK, AND WAS REFUSED. WHILE CHECKING OUT I ASKED THE RECEIPTIONIST TO GIVE ME WRITTEN AND SIGNED OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION ABOUT THE "MUNICIPALITY INSTRUCTIONS" AND WAS REFUSED. I INSIST THAT THE HOTEL WILL PAY BACK THE MONEY WHICH I PAID.

THE LOCATION. THE ANTIQUE LOOK.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel is an ex-Sheraton now just Starwoods as the level dropped below Sheraton standards. A complete renovation is due including the interior asking a complete exchange. Some construction work is already in progress, but instead of making up the hotel from top floor down one by one, several locations in different areas are under renovation at the same time. Staff at the reception (not the trainiees) appear to be bothers by guests arriving and leaving showing up at front desk. The prices of the drinks from mini bar are outrageous.

The hotel is well situated in the city center and the rooms out to the back towards the old church are very quiet. The hotel is spacious with some historic flair.

• Classic Room

dont have spa,and we are charged 200 euro more for guarantee of the room,till now after 3 days the money didn't come back yet.

Beauty hotel,in the city center,nice room,

• Classic Room

When we checked in, we were told that the hotel has a very strict no smoking policy. Fine with us we both do not smoke. However, during the first and second evening our room started smelling like cigarette smoke and it continued throughout the night. Even though, we had the window open all night, it was bad enough to wake us up. I guess just not everyone cares too much about hotel policies. It’s surprisingly quiet during the night, except for stray dogs that apparently live right next to the hotel. The interior of the hotel is old and needs renovation, but considering the price it was ok.

The hotel is located right in the center of Sofia. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was clean.

• Classic Room

The noise, as the hotel was (and still is) under reconstruction. Also, in an effort to escape the noise I changed rooms only to find myself in a smoking room, which made sleeping a challenge.

Excellent location.

• Executive Room

As we were two friends travelling, we had booked a room with two single beds and instead they gave one with a double bed. Both nights the music from parties held on the ground floor were very loud and he had to call the reception to ask to lower down - they told us it would stop after 12:30... We stayed for 3 nights and on the 2nd day the hotel didn't change hand towels - also they replaced bath bottles with shampoo bottles so we had a lot of shampoo but no bath bottles... The room was nowhere near 5 star standards, so this was a disappointment.

Very comfortable bed and great location

• Classic Room

The room was only cleaned 3 times in a week we were out from 10 am till 2-3pm most days but still hadn’t been done and coffee and water was not replenished without us calling reception Ordered room service twice and both times it was cold

The location is great check in was very easy and the transfers between hotel and airport was really good

• Classic Room

The hotel Is very dated and it activated the the dust allergies of my daughter. The furniture, the drapes and carpets make you feel like you’ve entered another era (in a negative way).The pictures of the rooms on the website don’t represent the real rooms. We ended up staying in a very small but remodeled room which was updated nicely, but it was way too small for 2 people. We couldn’t open 2 suitcases at once. That was NOT a standards classic room. We chose that room although it was too small, because it was new, clean and fresh. The size of the rooms on the pictures on the website was very spacious and the rooms looked bright and attractive. That was not the case in reality. The rooms looked dark and depressing. We were very disappointed for a 5 Star Hotel. That needs to change. We had dinner at the restaurant the last night and that ended up been a disaster. The food was great but a small menu to choose from. The service was the one that was poor. There was no one to greet us or seat us for a long time so we ended up seating ourselves at a table we chose. It seemed that the waiter was new and confused. It took forever to order, get the food and to get the bill at the end. I felt sorry for the poor guy. After asking 3 times for the bill I walked away and left my daughter to wait and pay.

Staff was very friendly and the location was great.

• Classic Room

Despite being a non-smoking room, the room stank of smoke. There was very loud construction going on in the hotel for the whole stay and loud events. The minibar prices were ridiculous (10-20x local prices)

The beds were very comfortable, and the location was excellent

• Classic Room

Room was generally clean but lacked sanitary basics like pillow protectors, over decorative blanket was not clean.

The staff and location were very good.

• Classic Room

As I was expecting a five-star experience I got so dissapointed when I saw a dirty sheets... called the reception guy 3 times asking for just a thoothbrush and got it after 2 hours of waiting... that was just hilarious and unacceptable for a 5- star hotel. Anyway, probably they treat differently the guests who are staying at higher floors.. 😉😁

I was welcomed very warm by the front desk and piccolo staff. They were really nice! I loved the beauty salon located in the hotel! They are such a professionals! The hotel location is perfect!!

• Classic Room

--- dust in to bathroom on the phone of the bathroom to call the reception in case of a need (definitely a 5***** room so expensive in terms of Bulgarian standards should not have any dust at all) -------- the hotel had been on the site with a banner of a Free taxi to and from the airport, which did not appear to be the fact in the end of the booking. Thanks to our contact with booking representatives we found there was a mistake (misunderstanding from the hotel) and the hotel was not willing to solve this for Free in the very beginning.. we booked there and paid from the very beginning the total amount of our stay due to the Free transfer to and from the airport... in the end, everything was solved out properly, but it could have been faster and easier for a mistake it was not our own... the stuff of the hotel in the reception did not know about our voucher for the return to the airport. (so much Energy for something not so expensive, which a 5***** hotel wanted to skip from providing it to us easily... ) we pay some Extra Money for a large welcoming and happy stuff...

+++ location

• Classic Room

The staff were very helpful. The breakfast was fantastic the best I have ever had in Europe. The bed was just as it should be and I slept really well. A hotel I would like to come back to. Location in the center of Sofia and very close to the pedestrian street.

• Classic Room

Dirty, cold room with paper-thin walls. Whatever the Communists built in this hotel now is being brutally exploited by the new owner with NO no investment. Horror, horror, horror to see a former jewel brutally ruined by greed.

• Classic Room

Unfortunately, my room was located on the first floor - the same floor as all of the hotel conference rooms. There was a conference taking place during my stay which started very early and finished very late. There was a lot of noise outside my hotel room as this was the entrance to the whole of the floor and many times I was woken up during the night due to banging doors, people talking (shouting at one another) or just general noise.

The hotel is in a great location, at the centre of the city near to lots of places to eat and drink. The hotel is very traditional and gives a feeling of grandeur. The room was incredibly comfortable with a coffee machine and ample water. The breakfast was very nice and catered for all tastes. The staff were friendly and the porters cannot please you enough.

• Executive Suite

Wifi was really very bad!!! And I booked a suite wat was mentioned 89 square meters, this was for sure not the right measurements, was much smaller.

location was great

• Classic Room

-The hotel is outdated. The rooms are very old and dusty and it doesn't fit the name "luxury". It was luxury 30 years ago :) -The wifi internet is poor, you can hardly have it stable for 5min and the lan cable was not working at all. -The car parking is in the middle of walking alley and your car can easily be damaged. - Hotel has few renovated rooms, but they choose to whom will they give it. - Baby crib had very old matress.

Location Historic building

• Classic Room

I came between seasons. The central air condition was on cooling. The room needed heating. Extra blanket been provided. Spend 2 nights freezing.

Staff was professional and very helpful. Food was great. Room service arrived very quick.

• Classic Room

English language would have been better. Shower was pretty much a curtain and hard to keep the water off the floor. Overall a nice stay

Breakfast was basic hotel fare. Plenty of food and a nice variety of meats, veggies, bread and some eggs. Try as she , our host needed help in English and was a bit of a chore. She did try hard and converted some of the information in French. Rooms were comfortable but a little aged. Quaint hotel in a nicely restored old home. Overall a nice stay

• Classic Room

This hotel was amazing! Great location in downtown Sofia, right next to the Archaeological Museum & Party House HQ. The bed was incredible - fluffy & cozy, the most comfortable bed i've ever experienced at a hotel! The staff was very helpful & friendly. The hotel was a great value, and very luxurious. We went down to the connected casino every night and had a blast. Great experience overall.

• Classic Room

The parking was not from the hotel and I needed to pay extra. On hotel description it says that hotel has a parking but actually they don't have it

The bed, very comfortable room and beautiful hotel

• Classic Room

The hotel feels old and has that typical smell of abandoned buildings. There was a couple of condoms under my bed, which might be either from poor cleaning requirements or just a single on spot mistake. The worst thing though was the fact that the hotel rooms lack any noise isolation and if quiet and silent environment is what you are looking for, I suggest trying a different hotel.

The hotel is situated in the heart of the center of the city, near all socialistic buildings. The hotel is very specious and offers many businesses facilities.

• Classic Room

The building is a very nice old building but no renovation has beem done. SPA is in very bad condition. The heating system was not working.

The location is great.

• Executive Room

the rooms are slightly dated and could do with some gentle refurb.

The location was great, right in the city centre and the metro was on your doorstep. There is no need to get a taxi.

• Classic Room

Wifi didn't work at all and even after contacting the reception they didn't fix it. Parking is not managed by the hotel and is very small and expensive.

Room has very high ceiling and the location is just at the center.

• Classic Room

They had a renovation works early in the morning, and during the day it was a bit noisy. They should lower the price when this happens since it is too hard to stay in your room with all that noise. Also, the parking was a bit expensive.

In the centre of the city, easy to find, very safe neighbourhood, very professional staff, rooms a bit small but clean and smell good. A high class Hotel in the middle of the city with access to many restaurants and key points.

• Deluxe Room

Air conditioning is not working in the fitness center.... which is well equiped by the way...

Breakfast is great, room is nice and big. Bed is very comfortable. The hotel is in a very good location next the metro station.

• Classic Room

I'm not happy with the reception service. The girl who was at the reception didn't even bother to look at my face, and roughly told me to come after 2pm. I went back after 2pm. I met another girl who says I had no booking, after a few checks she find my booking, then she told me my room is not ready yet. I criticised the service and in a few minutes she found me a ready room. Before she gave me hotel room key cart, she pre-authorised my debit card. It was the most disgusting service.

Easy access to city. Not too far from airport. Excellent car and driver to airport. Large room and comfortable bed.

• Classic Room

Cleanliness of the bathroom, and the coffee maker was very complicated to use & had no instructions, reception had to send someone to show how it worked.

• Classic Room

Wifi was terrible in the room, carpet curtains etc looked worn, the tv was an older model, the cable channels were only news channels and the room had a bad AC and an unusual smell.

Location, building exterior, high ceilings, comfortable bed and shower

• Executive Room

Excellent 5 star hotel with awesome breakfast. The stay in the hotel was excellent. The hotel is located in the entrance to Vitosha street and above Serdika metro station. It's a walking distance from all the center attractions.

• Classic Room

The furniture was worn and the room had a mouldy scent combined with dust so we had to leave the window open throughout the night.

The staff was friendly and helpful

• Executive Suite

poor cleanliness, dated, no tv channels for kids, service by staff was strained, place is dirty, very poor house keeping, room smelt of cigarettes despite the fact that we were in a non smoking room. overall very poor. we eventually checked out to move to the grand sofia which was a much better experience.

the location

• Executive Room

Old style of the furniture, but that is a matter of taste.

The location, part of the staff was competent, others not at all. The hotel is very old style, but kept in good conditions and clean.

• Classic Room

This hotel was a very big disappointment. I booked it as the pinnacle of our cross Europe trip for my husband's birthday and prior to our family flight back to the UK. First impression at check in was not good, dealt with by a male trainee (fair enough) but he severely lacked confidence, we were kept waiting until 17:00 to get our rooms despite check in being from 14:00, they needed to confirm our rooms had been prepared. When we eventually got into the rooms, we found to our dismay, no sign of luxury as advertised, we found filthy old dribble stained and dried blood stained pillows, blood spattered bedding, inadequate bedding in one room (it was ripped and showed dried blood on the quilt it contained), bloody gauze in one of the bathrooms, an electrical applience that had been wired up and held with insulating tape, non functional bedside lights in both rooms, dirty curtains, dirty walls and coffee maker so filthy it couldn't be used. Returning to reception to address these issues, the din was almost unbearable from a party, to the level that the girl trainee on reception could hardly hear me. I requested housekeeping to attend the room immediately. 30 minutes later I again returned to reception to reiterate that request. When the housekeeping supervisor attended and I pointed out the problems we felt were self evident, she was very apologetic but as I stated, the rooms as presented in no way represented "Luxury". I asked for new pillows, all bedding to be replaced and a general clean whilst we went out to dinner. We could not think of eating in this hotel, if the rooms are presented in such a dirty state, what are the kitchens like? but irrespective of this the noise from the party would not have led to a relaxing dining experience. The following day we were surprised to find the same young lady trainee on reception, I asked to speak with a manger prior to check out. The front of house manager that day was Dellan Doichev.

• Classic Room

Breakfast was too expensive and the rooms were tired looking. Bathrooms were not all that clean. Soap film on the surfaces.

Location was perfect and the bed was outstanding. I got great sleeps there.

• Classic Room

The first room they assigned us was smelling terribly. When we returned to the hotel late at night we found somebody else's Pyjamas under the pillows of the new room! Make your own assumptions. The staff at the hotel can up with three reasons, at least the staff is very creative. Anyway, somebody got us new bed sheets and pillow covers and had to do the bedding ourself. This never ever happened to us in any hotel before. I would have certainly not expected this in a place like this!!

• Classic Room

I had gotten good value and cannot really think of anything I didn't like, except maybe, the price of the offerings in the minibar. Considering the relatively low price of things in Bulgaria the minibar was very expensive, on a par with the prices in more pricey European and American hotels, so I simply avoided using it.

I treated myself to a luxury category hotel and am happy to have stayed at the Sofia Balkan. At check-in some people took quite a bit of time but I got through quickly with a friendly receptionist. My room was off the ballroom area, clean, comfortable very functional bath and shower, lovely toiletries, bathrobes, 3 telephones, a coffee maker that I could not figure out and television with many English channels. I had a view of the lovely and old St. Nedelya Church and on the week-end I was there I could see several bridal parties lined up for photos, a little glimpse of the local life. I descended to the main lobby via an impressive marble staircase and enjoyed the luxurious and ample breakfast of Bulgarian and international offerings. On a Sunday morning I thoroughly enjoyed this pampering while sipping the complimentary breakfast prosecco, the good coffee, white table linens, accompanied by Albinoni and Mozart playing in the background. The hotel is in the center and is within walking distance of everything a tourist might want to see in Sofia. I had gotten a very reasonable price for this experience of Socialist decadence and would happily return.

• Classic Room

they only provide expresso coffee. I asked for a tea bag and was told this would be charged to my room. Also the deposit is yet to be refunded. No email address on the site to query this further

Beds were very comfortable. They exchange cash onsite

• Classic Room

The lights did not work properly( part of them was broked), for the amenities room it was only a bathrobe, not 2, ( even if we were a couple), no ironing board and iron in the room, one of the international TV channels has no sound at all, and the answer of the technician was that he has no idea how to fix the problem.

The old style fashion of the furniture

• Classic Room

It can be updated a bit to look a touch more modern.

A classic hotel, staple in Sofia. Well maintained, timeless finishes. US standard power plugs available in bath! We did not see that anywhere else in our European trip.

• Executive Room

It´s the first time in many year that I have experienced that the trash can in the bathroom was full of garbage from the guest before me, obviously a female. The minibar prices are extremely high, even compared to Norway. 20 levas for 33 cl of beer and 37,5 levas for 5 cl of ordinary whiskty! Just Close Down this service, it´s just annoying.

Perfect location in the centre of Sofia. I had a really Nice room with a balcony and excellent view.

• Classic Room

The rooms have very old furniture and appliances, such as hair dryer, which are in a bed shape. The staff did not change the sheets and put everyday in the bathroom only shampoo and conditioner bottles and no shower gel. The towels were also dirty, at least some of them, and not many enough. The robes were really old as well, and in a such a bad shape that you did not want to touch them. Because of all of this, the room was very uncomfortable.

• Classic Room

The hotel room air conditioning are terrible, the room was very uncomfortable, I complain to the front desk a few times.but seems no one care. they should change the AC system as soon.as possible.

The hotel location are very good, center in Sofia,all the staff try so hard to please us.

• Deluxe Room

WiFi. While the router placement was excellent for most rooms, the WiFi router for our set of rooms was located in such away to block radio wave propagation and thus instead of a clean signal the best we could get was two bars. Staff failure: fruit package for guest. There was rot on the fruit and the cherries had visible fur growing on them, yet that sat in the room. In addition there were suppose to be 4 items for dessert but some one age two of them leaving the wrappings behind.

The staff was excellent and their massage staff was above par and worth every coin, very professional. Housekeeping was superb to a positive degree but sometimes failed in the tiny items. The location is positively the best in all of Sofia as they sit in the middle of the oldest part of the city with many attractions, ease of access to government offices, and there is a strip of restaurants that runs for several blocks only two blocks away.

• Classic Room

Breakfast buffet at 18 euros per person was very expensive.

Everything was excellent. Really liked the coffee machine in the room. Parking was extra cost at 15 euro per day which is not too expensive for the city and was easy.

• Classic Room

We had the most amazing stay at this beautiful old world but modern hotel . The staff where incredibly helpful ( a special mention for Kosta at the front desk) and nothing was too much. The hotel is bang in the center of Sofia so a short walk to everywhere in town or a short metro ride. Without asking I received complimentary champagne and birthday cake to our room. The beds were super comfortable and the room very clean. Breakfast was excellent - all in all we can reccomend this hotel it really made our stay in beautiful Sofia great. Thank you

• Classic Room

Very polite and positive staff. All nice and a really grand hotel. I was positive surprised during our stay due to high level of service and breakfast. Recommend it highly !!!

Browse Sofia Hotel Balkan, A Luxury Collection Hotel traveller photo gallery