Reviews of Sofia Plaza Hotel 3 stars

6.1

6.2

Value for budget travellers
    • Double or Twin Room

The facilities in the bathroom were very old; not well maintained hotel

The friendliness of the staff; location is good for travellers - close to Central Station and metro

This accommodation provided such a great start to our Belgrade holiday. Thanks Jovana / Marko
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing to not like in this apartment. Downstairs foyer area needed a clean but it was drizzly rain while we were there.

Jovana and Marko were excellent hosts. This was not our original booking location - was better- but our hosts ensured we were not inconvenienced by the move, even transported us to the bus station when we were leaving. Location so close to main tourist area. Small supermarket on one side and great pastry shop on the other made it easy for us to do our own meals

Too expensive to service provided.
    • Double or Twin Room

Photos of this hotel placed on booking.com are different than reality. Hotel needs urgent renovation. Tea during breakfast was awfull, very thin. Breakfast room small. Some staff seemed bored of their job. One glass in room for 2 people.

Close to bus station and comfortable bed. Not bad breakfast.

Only good thing was the location near metro station

The rooms were dirty. Dishes for breakfast were dirty and broken.Personnel was rude. Except technisian and lady reseptionist.No towels at all! Dust in the rooms 1cm!

The view was good. The metro station near by is very convinient.

Good!

The breakfast could have been better. Dry bread and just a small choice

The room has been nice, we could park the car without any problems next to the building on the Hotel car park.

Ease of booking in and due to early start settled my bill...

No comment

Ease of booking in and due to early start settled my bill the night before. Did not try breakfast as early start. Location was great less than 5 mins walk from main Railway Station note use subway and do not attempt to cross busy road.

disapointing, total loss of our money
    • Double or Twin Room

the rom was awful, the floor dirty, there was dust on the floor, the shower curtain was dirty, the furniture old and loked dirty, the general feeling was not to touch anywhere and to pack your things and go someplace else.and we would do that buritnwas very late to search. The person in the reception did not speak english, very kind though. The photos on the booking site where fake and misguided us.

We shall never meet again.
    • Double or Twin Room

This hotel is connecting people, across the rooms as the walls are slim thin and everyone can listen to practically anyone else. Also, we seem to have a common goal to protect others that mistake it for a hotel. Please be alerted, as this is NOT a hotel. Toothpicks are not a structural mechanism on which you may depend on (they were used instead of screws in the bathroom telephones). Towels are essential to most people but they were not provided, so sheets were for us the only alternative. Privacy is not valued highly in this not hotel, as the cleaning ladies barged into the room without knocking or asking. Heating was not working all the time, plus the filth of the room was prevailing in the atmosphere as the refrigerator's resistance was burning along with the residing dust. Appliances were not functional in all rooms. Furthermore, the polluted area around the hotel, made it impossible to open any windows at all.

Friendly and creative receptionist.

Hotel was dirty and gross, but the location was perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

When we first arrived to the hotel, we were put in a room with a battered door, no towels and a filthy bath. I had requested an upper storey room, but we were on the first floor.When we went down to ask to move, we were first told there were no other rooms, in this 7 storey hotel..... then we were moved to a room on the same floor with two separate beds for me and my fiancé. While we were moving rooms, the cleaning lady was yelling at my fiancé, but we couldn’t understand what she was saying. Then, when the cleaning crew came in, they Only turned our sheets inside out, rather than changing them, (I had a mascara stain on a pillow) the towels they left were filthy, and one cleaning lady came in Even though we had asked her not to and would not leave no matter how many times we asked...It was hard to be comfortable in the room for the rest of the week not knowing if housekeeping would barge in..... The breakfast was disgusting, the scrambled eggs were watery and rubbery and the toaster took about 10 minutes to warm a piece of bread. We couldn’t even touch the rest of the stuff.

The hotel is right beside the metro station, which is 2 stops from the city centre.

This is my second time in this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

This is my second time in this hotel. I tried the breakfast this time and it was good. I arrived early to the hotel(3 hours before the check in time) and amazingly the receptionist checked me in in no time. I like this hotel as it present a good value for the paid money.

The room was big and clean and the staff was very friendly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was big and clean and the staff was very friendly. Location is just a few steps from the central train station. Checking in and out was very quick. I recommend this hotel for those who are using the trains to or from Sofia. Good value for money. There as a breakfast in my booking but I didn't try it so I can not describe it.

Good value near bus/ train station
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing - it was perfect for one night

Very close to train and bus station so ideal transit hotel but also easy to get to city center. Large modern room with standard amenities and comfortable bed. Good room rate

Only 5 mins walk from the railway and bus station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only 5 mins walk from the railway and bus station. Some parts seem to have been renovated but some seem tired. The staff were helpful. The wifi only works in the foyer. The room was clean and tidy though there was a smell of smoke.

The location just few steps from the Main railway and bus...
    • Double or Twin Room

At least my room experienced in the recent past some kind of flood, it was visible on the bottom part of bathroom door. The bath tube was terribly scratched from the extremely using of abrasive cleaning substances and definitely needs to be replaced. The wi-fi worked very badly in the room.

The location just few steps from the Main railway and bus station is excellent. The staf was very, very friendly.

Location,location,location

The bathrooms were dated and in need of updating.

The staff were friendly and the rooms were big and clean. The main selling point for this hotel is it's close proximity to both the bus and rail central stations.

Convenient one-night stay
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Shower was poor - the attachment for the head needs replacing as the water hits the rim of the bath and goes onto the floor.

Ideal for the railway station. Airport pick-up worked out even though the flight was late and arrived at 0345!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The recepcionist at night was amazing he lend us money and...
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could be better.

The recepcionist at night was amazing he lend us money and call for a pizza and show us many things to visit and many othr things. We really like it.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

to be forgotten
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

payment in advance, room wi-fi didn't work, TV set didn't work, fridge didn't work, plastic curtain in shower stall, bathroom fittings bad worked, terrible breakfast

disappointed hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Staffs of reception were not kind, as if to be angry, never made smile. Wifi was not available in the room. I made a reservation a room with bath. But they told that room is full, and gabe me no bath room, I do'nt understand why they do O.K. reservation. And did'nt say even a word "sorry".

Blackfast staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Average hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The woman who oversaw checking us in wasn't very friendly (perhaps the manager). It says there is a bar there, but they didn't have any beers so I wouldn't rely on it. We had a single duvet for a double bed, which didn't cover us. There was no Wi-Fi in the rooms (they said it wasn't working). It looked like once it was a nice hotel but it was pretty out-dated.

The breakfast was included and was good. We picked it because it was close to the station and we were getting in late at night, so the location was perfect for our needs. It was 15 mins walk to the center. The en suite bathroom was nice and clean. The man who checked us in was nice.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The room was very narrow, the walls and the furniture was...
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was very narrow, the walls and the furniture was old and dirty. The room, the stores smeld very much of old cigaretsmoke. The breakfast almost nothing: old bread, old cheese and sausage. The wifi did not funktion in the room. It was a bad experience and we do not know why it is labelled with 3 stars.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Not anymore a good experience here
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all : the mantenance is zero , I had some unidentify brown matter on the wall close to the bed ... Really disgusting (it's so hard to clean it up and repaint half square meter?) . The same in the toilette : the walls and the bathtub super dirty . But the worst thing is : no internet even if it was specify in the services . And when I asked why , they told me there is a problem with the router , and guess what, it's the same excuse they told me one year ago. It's so hard to change a router in one year ? Problems cannot last forever and for me that I had to work online and I could not , became a real problem . if I knew before certainly I avoid to book here. I think that they just don't care about the clients needs which is a big lack of respect .

It's not my first time here , and in the past I wrote some nice ratings because the location and the interiors are not bad but now ...

Only the location
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very dirty in the room and bathroom. For the price of the room it could have been a lot better. The room looked very disgusting, the walls, the carpet- all dirty. At night we couldn't sleep, because they were drilling in the walls. Also we had no wifi in the room, we could only get wifi downstairs. In 2017 not to have wifi in the room- no words. The light switch for the bathroom almost electrocuted me and the handle for the bathroom door remained in my hands after I tried to open the door. Very disappointed with our stay.

Only the location

cheap, easy to get into town.

There was no blind on our window and they had no rooms we could change too. We had to ask for extra toilet roll instead of giving us enough. Room wasn't cleaned whilst we were staying there.

Got what you paid for, not bad for such a cheap room. Breakfast was okay although could have done with more variation and was not suitable for vegan diets. Clean room. Good free WiFi. Reception was okay.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Not 3 stars ready
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The room was small and not comfortable, the tv device was from last century and difficult to operate, the picture was noisy and the format all the time was not ready instead 16:9 алл тхе тиме 4:3, the bathroom was not so comfortable, not renovated, noisy ventilator.

The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Very nice hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice hotel. Room was clean, comfortable and with wireless internet. Variety of choices for breakfast.Great location within walking distance from the city center, with bus and subway stations and railroad station just across the street. Helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Great location for transport, comfy room, friendly staff

No restaurants nearby

Great location, near central train station and bus station, comfortable room, a good breakfast buffet, staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Most Disgusting Hotel ever
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

There was no wifi on the room and the remote control wasnt working. You had wifi only in the lobby. The room was filthy and the bathroom much more worse. there was black mould on the bathroom curtain and on the bathtop.The toilet sit was filthy also beyomd imagination... On the beding were black hair. The room was very smelly. I had to sleep with my cloths. I informed the reception but they completely ignored me. The room cost per night was 20 euros and i was charged for 41 euros. The breakfast was very poorly and the quality questionable.. havent touched any of that food. Total waste of money

Nothing at all.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Over charged for poor amenities.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very poor with most of the available crockery being dirty and freezing cold dining room with people having to wear hats and jackets. Also I was charged by the hotel 18 euros for the one way trip from the airport which is only 12 lvs in a taxi.

The bedroom was clean and warm after the A C was put on. The receptionist very kindly charged my phone. Also the hotel is very close to the bus and train stations.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Great Value
    • Double or Twin Room

I need to bring a mouse mat next time, laptop mouse doesn't work well on table surface.

Breakfast is self service, and no lunch or dinner available. You have to eat out. Ideally situated for train, bus and Metro. 31 Euros for one night B & B, excellent value. Staff very helpful. Airport 25 minutes via Metro at 1.6 Leva, can't go wrong.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Receptionist very good, she had worked in Leeds, spoke good...
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was limited and the hot food was, well very cool.

Receptionist very good, she had worked in Leeds, spoke good English and was more than happy for me to use the reception PC so I could check in for my next days flight. Handy for the station and metro.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Comfortable and convenient for railway station
    • Double or Twin Room

Took a while to get into the room, you get both a key and a card, although it turned out the card was just for the electricity slot in the room - despite there being a card slot in the door! Twin room was actually a double with separate duvets.

Very convenient for main railway station, quiet area. Staff were friendly. Hotel was clean and comfortable and the room was pretty spacious.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Good location right in front of railway station.
    • Double or Twin Room

Folded bed sitting in the corner of my room. It made me feel like somebody who was put in a store room. Very weak wifi, Basically non existent

Good location right in front of railway station. Clean

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Pleasant stay
    • Double or Twin Room

If the staff would smile....

Cleanliness Location- few steps from the railway station Comfort Breakfast Staff speaks a good English Good value for money

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

No restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

No restaurant, although the Booking.com web site clearly states it has a restaurant. No other restaurants nearby. The breakfast was appalling, cold coffee and little in the way of food.

Close to main railway station

Good hotel for a short bussines trip
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast should be richer and a little bit different from the previous day. On the upper floors of the hotel you need to wait for a warm water about 5 minutes.

Good Hotel for a short trip with comfort medium size rooms equiped with TV and Fridge. Rooms are every morning cleaned by the hotel staff who is friendly oriented. Private parking is available for all hotel guests.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Convenient and comfortable
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the Wi-Fi wasn't working, even downstairs at the bar.

Big comfortable bed, roomy bathroom with a bath tub. Excellent location next to the station, handy for the trains.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Good value for travelers.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was excellent, the location of the hotel was ideal for the nearby Central Station. Within walking distance we were able to find a pleasant restaurant.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great price for one night
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet was good, but not secure, as it is open wifi.

It was close to the Central Railway Station. 4 minute walk and had to catch a train the next morning.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Very convenient parking next to hotel & opposite bus,...

The breakfast is poor. No fresh juice, poor tea & bread. Many items unappetising.

Very convenient parking next to hotel & opposite bus, metro & train stations. Quite a good location for the centre. Staff helpful. Not far from a wonderful traditional restaurant. Quite good facilities.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Economy hotel near transport hub
    • Double or Twin Room

Internet was not available due to fault. Shower fittings were old and loose.

Close to central train and bus station. Metro, bus/tram stop and Central train station just outside hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

One night in Sofia
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast started a little late but they did open up breakfast room early for us.

Staff very helpful. Very close to railway station so easy access if coming by rail.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

I liked the location as we were taking an early bus in the...
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The bathroom was pretty aged and a bit dirty. The room was set for one person even if I had booked it for 2+1 so we had to share a towel and a small cover. The breakfast was quite poor.

I liked the location as we were taking an early bus in the morning and the hotel is 5 min walk from the bus station.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Very dirty!
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty bathroom, no towels, dust everywhere, old furniture, bad maintanece, humidity in the bathroom, nothing to do with a 4star hotel. Max 1 star. Bad breakfast ,lettuce leaves brown😠

The lady at the reception was kind

Even though its cheap but its not worth for your money

Nothing for a 3 star hotel. Ameneties is not worth. They just have 2 small towels in the room. And one of the room is flooding.

Everything OK thanks

Everything OK thanks Will definitely use again

avoid staying in this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was disgusting smell in the room and bathroom.

Close to rail and bus station

Poor qualities of a 3 star hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

We have only 1 small tower in every room and the staff not kind enough.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

One of the worst hotel

Because last year I feel like good
    • Double or Twin Room

That time staff service good

Because last year I feel like good

The moment when I left!
    • Double or Twin Room

It was dirty, nasty and awful!

The moment when I left!

nothing special

nice

room

location, breakfast

Used hotel as I had an early bus to catch - otherwise would not have stayed
    • Double or Twin Room

Room door would not lock, generally very run down.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Friendly staff, good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Very old and amortized furniture, bathroom under water

Friendly staff, good breakfast

Breakfast exceeded expectations.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Breakfast exceeded expectations. Very nice.

Very handy hotel for arriving/leaving by train.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very handy hotel for arriving/leaving by train.

Convenient for bus and train station
    • Double or Twin Room

Very close to bus and train station with easy access to airport and city centre. Basic but comfortable rooms , good rates .

Excellent, cheap, great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Cheap nice accom beside main station. Ok breakfast

Good location to move to another city by bus or train.

Bathroom curtain.

More flexible and friendly staffs.

Next time I going to use this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Some of guest smoking inside rooms. The room stink of tobacco.

perfect staff

Dirty room and bathroom, carpet, evrything, thay not clining...
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Dirty room and bathroom, carpet, evrything, thay not clining at all..

before its better but this trip its not good at all
    • Double or Twin Room

its no far at the station

Handy location for arriving by rail, and not far from old...
    • Double or Twin Room

Handy location for arriving by rail, and not far from old town. Spacious comfortable room, good breakfast

I give for that hotel a 4
    • Double or Twin Room

Service, commonacation and not comfort

Was not comfort, the service very poor

I like this hotel

It's clean and quit

It's nice hotel and friendly worker I like this hotel

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great place right next too rail and bus friendly staff good...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great place right next too rail and bus friendly staff good breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Near the center

Service

Near the center

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The payment was deficult.
    • Double or Twin Room

The payment was deficult. They didint had posiblety to give the chenge of my money.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Easy to find, lovely size room!
    • Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

I didnt like the smell of smoke in the room! But thats how this country still works....

Easy to find, lovely size room!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Nice stay

Station area a bit iffy

Good value

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Property is really catastrophic!
    • Double or Twin Room

Property is really catastrophic!!

Browse Sofia Plaza Hotel traveller photo gallery