Reviews of Triada Hotel 4 stars

5, Venera St., corner with Manastirska str., 1111 Sofia, Bulgaria

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Close to airport, friendly people, restaurants around.
    • Economy Single Room

What could be disappointing for 36 euro's?

Close to airport, friendly people, restaurants around. Just a good hotel for 36 euro's in a one person's room.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport.
    • Double or Twin Room

The savory breakfast was quite poor, only eggs and bacon, it was 8 am. The breakfast staff get upset if you do not understand what they ask for. My room n.506 (on floor 5) was the only one with the ruined door: the bathroom door had the doorposts all ruined .. I lost half an hour to beat out bugs and bugs from the room. Many rooms on floor 5 were empty but I won this room ..

The hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport. The rooms are silent. Reception staff are welcoming

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

City trip
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff was good, but not great. Had to wait to clean our room, so we can get into it in the afternoon upon check-in.

Hotel is close to malls and restaurants. Comfortable spot good for business travelers or city trips. Restaurant is good for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great airport hotel by a green park
    • Double or Twin Room

Very outdated rooms. Mine had mould spots on shower ceiling and tile grouting.

Great location for airport. Lovely outside terrace area for drinks and food

Room is tidy and equipped.
    • Double or Twin Room

The smoke detector was missing. There was no light in the center of the ceiling only on the walls. The mesmerising view from my room (307) was facing a building.

Room is tidy and equipped. WiFi is average to fast in speed. Staff seems friendly.

Great room for couple w kid

Just a quick stop after a late landing. Far better than expected: great room. Great service feom the night clerk to the restaurant staff and the morning checkout ladies! Thanks

Short stay arriving late from airport
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Window had been left open with curtains closed and we heard a lot of noise in the night not knowing the window was open. We arrived very late.

Comfortable room. Parking was easy. Decent breakfast.

Great experience overall.

Poor WiFi

Front desk staff (Stanislava) went above and beyond to help us. We had to leave the hotel at 4am to catch our flight. She arranged for the kitchen to have our breakfast packed and ready to go when we checked out. 😊

The staff was very kind and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was not bad, but 4 stars are a lot.... Probably 20 years ago there were 4 stars but not nowadays. Everything was old.

The staff was very kind and helpful.

A great place to stay

Some of the surrounding neighborhoods (although not dangerous) may take some getting used to.

The hotel is very comfortable and the room spotless. The hotel is good for solo travelers who don’t mind walking a little, or depend on taxis. The staff is very friendly. It is within walking distance of Sky City Mall. If looking for more shopping options, Serdika Mall is about two miles from the hotel.

Good location, nice staff, good quality hotel, very good...

There is too strong aroma in the room, the bathrooms are old and need some refreshment and repairment

Good location, nice staff, good quality hotel, very good hotel service

I don’t trust to booking anymore.

Service, location, parking, credit card not excepted so I ran in last moment to withdraw cash, atm in hotel empty, restaurant close in 22h, the worst breakfast that I have seen in my life. I don’t recommend this hotel to anyone.

Everything was below the expectation and pictures from booking does not match with reality. I don’t know who gave four stars to this hotel!!!

Not a 4 star, maybe 2.5
    • Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable beds Dirty old floor and curtains Almost broken furniture Cigarette smell from air conditioner

Location, however no Subway station nearby.

Not bad but wouldn't stay again unless desperate.
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were rude and inattentive. Was not good as this was our first impression of bulgaria and after being ripped off and charged 5x the amount of what the taxi should of cost from the airport to the hotel, always agree on a fare before getting in a taxi, from sofia airport to this hotel should only cost around 7-8BGN do not pay more and get ripped off like we did. During the check in process the receptionist did not even look at us but took my passport and slammed it down on the counter along with the key card and told us our room was on the 5th floor with no mention of what time breakfast is etc. I have stayed in many hotels and this by far has been the worst in terms of staff attitude and lack of warmth nand welcome. Also upon checking out the young lady at reception was a little bit better but still not good enough. We were woken by a liad of banging, clanging and drilling. We felt like we were in hotel Transylvania or something out of a film.

The fact it had a life and cash machine outside the building. Also it was relatively clean the room.

It was acceptable accommodations.

the other guests were quite noisy. The telephone in the room did not work nor did the hair dryer. I told them about both. Hair dryer was never fixed nor replaced but I really did not have a need for it. The telephone they said was due a central malfunction. There was no outlet in the bathroom.

convenience and cleanliness.

We didn't like the hotel...
    • Double or Twin Room

We changed 2 rooms in the hotel - first were not locked from the outside, in the second room that we get the mattress was kind of broken with sink. In third room that we get we stayed, there was no option in the room to prepare a coffee or tea. The shower and toilet room very unsafe - the "shower curtains" - is kind of folding glass that very close to collapse on you.... The apartment was not so clean and where was some insects...

The stuff was very friendly, they help us each time when we need. The breakfast were good. Parking near the entrance to the hotel.

Don't even think to stay in this hotel...

This was my worst hotel I have ever stayed, room was very small and WIFI didn't cover at all, in order to catch a tiny a little signal I had to stay close to door, bathroom was in horibale condition where bath cover was broken... Breakfast was poor and small choices, nobody even was thinking to re-fill it, you should to go earlier in order to have a better food, hot water machine (tea) wasn't working at all. Apart of this above they started renovatin of hotel, inside and outside, where workers weren't respect any privacy or silence and doing repair just next to our window, with our any hesitation to look inside the room tru window.... Interior renovation guys were doing the same... The last thing which pissed me off is airport pickup arranged by hotel who charged more than double price for normal taxi and car was small for two persons with two kids and baggage. So, bottom line is I would never ever either recommend or stay in this hotel again...

Nothing...

Comfort = No way

Unfriendliness of restaurant staff. Continuos renovation of the hotel from 8 in the morning. Far from the touristic center of town, no easy public transport. Breakfast wasn't good and refreshed. The rooms weren't cleaned properly everyday.

Friendliness of the front desk.

• Double or Twin Room

The Staff, especially the ones at the reception The location The hotel itself It can't be that much star hotel in Turkey or anywhere else. I will never stay again It doen't worth that money

Great value in Sofia
    • Double or Twin Room

It is located near a big park frequented by lots of local families and next door to an incredible restaurant, Sweet Bar and Grill. We ate many of our meals there. It is not located too close to many of the tourist sites, but taxis are still quite inexpensive in Sofia. It's rather difficult in general to drive in Sofia if you are not used to it, so getting around by taxi, walking or using the metro (although it is somewhat limited) are good options. It was perfect for us because we were visiting friends who live near the hotel. Breakfast was good. They made fresh scrambled eggs when I asked them.

Quiet location within easy reach of the airport and the city...
    • Double or Twin Room

The inability to cater for an early breakfast ( 15 minutes before 7am ) when it opened. We had an early flight and needed to get to airport by 7:15.

Quiet location within easy reach of the airport and the city centre.

Isac & Tova Regev
    • Double or Twin Room

we did not got what we booked for ! we asked for a quiet room, with shower, it turned out that all the rooms with shower are on the west side of the hotel, which is under construction,with scaffolds, people working and walking across the windows. we are elderly people (87), driving 400 km. the day we came in, to tired to look for another place. so we took a room with a bath tube witch we cannot and are not supposed to use, as we are limited in mobility. so we could not shower or wash ourselves properly. the room was on 1st floor, looking out on a narrow street with 7 story building opposite, you hardly see the sky. it is the first time we are using booking.com, we are actually blaming you for not providing all the relevant information, and booking for us an an unsuitable room.

the reception and other staff were polite and helpful, especially Martin on the reception.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Staff was OK.

Air condition not working, water was flooding out of the shower to the room, poor breakfast, not a 4stars hotel and expensive as a 3stars hotel.

Staff was OK.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

I can't remember
    • Double or Twin Room

I don't understand what was so impressive for another visitors they have gave so high rating. It's only average hotel, absolutely nothing special. Didn't get any water into the room as is usuall and because the reconstruction the workers was walking front the windows so I haven't any privacy until I have put the windows shields.

I can't remember

If I back to Sofia Triada hotel is one of my choce...

Wifi (in the room you haven't wifi) dinner space of triple room is not suitable for 2 adult + 1 Child

after this 5 days because of personnal work, we stay for 4 days more and hotel offer me a good price for more stay.... at the first I reserved a triple room but because of small room my family and i decided to change our room and hotel propose us appartment type that was excellent in top floor with all facilities and seperate room and sutable space. Breakfast was excellent .... staff was good and friendship very quiet very clean I strongly recommend this hotel

Good place for good price.

Renovation works are underway on one outer side of the hotel - make sure you are not offered the room facing that side, otherwise you will not be able to open window during the daytime due to noise, dust and workers right in front your window on 3rd floor. Very far from metro station.

Close to Geo Milev park. Nice breakfast. Friendly staff. Quiet if correct side of hotel is chosen - ask at reception in advance. My room was changed after first request without additional charge. Good price. Sound of church bells creates additional atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Overall very nice stay, will go again.

Few of the staff were a bit unfriendly, but nothing serious.

Staff all nice, parking was something difficult but overall no problem, and I liked that somehow we always stayed away from traffic jams when we went to town or back.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Noise from the room next to me.

Noise from the room next to me. And some periodical machine noise with high frequency, maybe a big refrigerator or the air condition system engine. Room 105.

leaving at 04:45 hrs
    • Double or Twin Room

bathroom, no hot water to wash your hands infiltrating water and mold in ceiling of the room Internet not working Since I was leaving early I asked for a takeaway breakfast : nothing received /not possible Ordered taxi was not there Uninterested / sleepy night reception

leaving at 04:45 hrs

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Brilliant stay

The pillows were good but could be changed with a better quality ones and I found the towels a bit small.

I had a fantastic stay in Triads hotel.The hotel is very clean and modern. My room was big, the WiFi was excellent, breakfast was very good too. The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Nice structure good price.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad service in the breakfast room. I asked 3 times for a spoon. I never recived it. Time to have breakfast was from 7am to 10am, but food wasn't enough at 9!

Nice furniture, good temperature inside the room, reception always helpful.

Spacious with convenient location
    • Double or Twin Room

People were smoking on the common terrace of the hotel lobby and cigarette smoke was coming through the closed entrance door of the room at all times. There was an enormous broken window sill that could be even dangerous for children. At one point there was no warm water. On arrival staff was smoking in front of the hotel and we needed to wait for them to finish their cigarettes and come. They weren't very friendly either.

Very spacious, clean, lovely bathroom, a park nearby, convenient location, balcony, nice view to the mountains (even though partially blocked by buildings), comfortable beds, slippers and dressing-gowns provided

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is not enough and hair dryer is not working in my room. But nobody did not fix it. Every time I washed on my hair, I waited for an hour to dry my hair.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Unsatisfied with the service and noise
    • Double or Twin Room

I paid for a double-bed room and slept to a single-bed for the first night due to no rooms available although I booked my room weeks ago. The cleaning process was between 2pm when I usually had a nap and was distrubied by the noise.

Close to the center but beer in mind that there is a church near to the hotel which can disturb you if there are public holidays.

Staff members are very friendly and helpful

Poor sound proof. You can hear music from party in a restaurant or loud neighbors. Hotel needs some renovation Breakfast is quite simple and not very tasty

Staff members are very friendly and helpful Strong wifi connection Clean rooms and corridors Conditioning system in rooms Close to the airport

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I can't explain how this Hotel is a 4 stars hotel...
    • Double or Twin Room

The women's who have to clean the rooms they really don't know how to clean 😱😱😱😱 , every day they changed only the towels and that was all , for example a cup of coffee empty stayed in the room more than 2 day without taking it from there. First day at the breakfast at 9 o'clock they didn't had nothing to eat , and when I asked the girl if is possible to have something to eat , she looked at me like " what a f*** do you want "

Only the 2 guys from reception hotel , they helped us every time when we needed something

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Always great value

Great value hotel. Clean, quiet, good location for the airport and they help arrange transfers too. Friendly staff and nice breakfast selection. Always my first choice when I'm in Sofia :)

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Lovely average 4 stars Bulgarian hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Too dark in the room though many different lamps installed. Uncomfortable bed because the under mattress frame has been broken.

Lovely hotel and enough comfortable. Helpful staff. Clean. Great heating during winter.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Very frendly staff at the reception.
    • Double or Twin Room

It doesn't look like a 4 star hotel outside and inside. Colors and decoration are poor.

Very frendly staff at the reception. Very big room and no cigarette smell in the room and corridors. The location is good in case you get a decent taxi driver.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

A great hotel in the middle of the city

We arrived at 02:30 and there was nothing available in the hotel so we had to go to the 24hr cafe across the way.

Although we were late down to breakfast they didn't make a big deal of it.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Great value hotel!

Not so close to the center but closer to the airport than other hotels. And only with a 3 euro taxi fare you are in the center of Sofia!

Excellent customer service! Very helpful staff and especially the morning guy (Ratoslav?) was glad to help with all my questions!

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

2 star hotel with a 4 star rating

poor maintenance. the shower was broken and blocked,the light bulbs were not replaced, the bed was bowed in the middle, breakfast was the worst i have ever had in a hotel(very poor choice of food)

Great Hotel, Friendly receptionists, good cheese
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit more toilet paper would be nice and the door-opener-system also needs some reparation because it took always few minutes to open the door. But for me it wasn't a big problem. I am really satisfied. :)

The breakfast was nice with a lot of different kind of food (cakes, cheese, meat, egg, cereals). The staff was really friendly, and Martin is the best receptionist in the world. Whenever we needed something, within minutes he organised everything for us. He helped us a lot. :) I can only recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

not so sure we would syay again
    • Double or Twin Room

no tea and coffee in room,had to change rooms -no heating or hot water-second room no heating but staff supplied heater

staff male staff on duty was very helpful

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

i arrived 4 am in the morning, girl on the reception was...
    • Double or Twin Room

i'm not happy with the size of the duvet (although it's a common problem with most of the hotels in Bulgaria) don't know why they are short in size. i want to mention that i'm 5.6" :)

i arrived 4 am in the morning, girl on the reception was very helpful and i had no problem at the time of check in, beds were very comfortable, bath room was clean and they served a nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Great hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast service could have been a bit better, as we got there a bit later and not much was left

The staff were very very helpful and friendly. Hotel clean and modern. Nice atmopshere

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Beautiful , comfortable hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast wasn't your typical Irish breakfast but we weren't in Ireland so expected that

It was a Great big room comfy bed and spotlessly clean

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Everything was exellent!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was exellent! !!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Good Stay

easy access to the city

Its central in location

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Modern, spotless clean, had a lift, breakfast had a massive...
    • Double or Twin Room

Modern, spotless clean, had a lift, breakfast had a massive selection.

Nice for its price.

Clean comfortable room.

Nice 3 star hotel, but not for its 4 stars.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Location and staff

Need refreshment

Location and staff

Nice for business stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was excellent, music in the hall, friendly hosts

I will come again !

A nice restaurant in the hotel.

Clean, decent breakfast

The doors open after 15 to 20 times sliding the card..

Clean, decent breakfast

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we didn’t like

The staff were excellent and made our stay great

Wifi very slow/non-existent.

Wifi very slow/non-existent.

• Double or Twin Room

Parking space is limited and on a really narrow street

Girls from reception were very kind

Very bad internet wifi

Girls from reception were very kind

High level of noise

Very noisy

Room was good size very friendly staff

Good value for the money

The breakfast was really basic

Bed was very comfortable, spacious room, clean

Not that central but comfy.

You can buy a decent lunch for two with wine for the price of the very average breakfast. staff are great though

Nice and well-speaking staff.

Missing power plugs close to the bed. Furniture partly damaged.

Nice and well-speaking staff.

The staff are excellent the food was also

The bed was not comfortable and there was a stale smell in the room and bathroom

The staff are excellent the food was also

Cold, noisy, slow WiFi

Cold, noisy, slow WiFi

good

I missed at the reception the computer to do my check in

Good place to stay a bit outside Sofia
    • Double or Twin Room

Place was really noisy due to party going late at night kids messing about running around in the corridor

Spacious room helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

Confortable and very close to the airport

Good place for business trip

Wi-FI

Good, clean, friendly staff

Lovely and quiet.
    • Double or Twin Room

No tea and coffee in the room otherwise a lovely hotel.

Lovely and quiet. Beautiful park across the road.

We stayed for 2 nights in Sofia at Triada Hotel and we were very satisfied.
    • Double or Twin Room

Parking is too small in front of the hotel.

Very clean and friendly staff.

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Suite

Wi-Fi not accessible. No informational booklet in the room.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean room.

Did not meet our expectations

NOT A GOOD AREA AND AIRCON DID NOT WORK