Reviews of Al Safir Hotel & Tower 4 stars

Road 2411, Al Juffair, 1234 Manama, Bahrain

#76 of 154 hotels in Manama

Downright disgraceful. Having stayed here several times before, I regret to say that I will never step foot on this property again. Our room had no AC in 40 degree heat, used toothpicks were left on the carpet and the power also shut down during our stay. To make matters worse, myself and a friend were charged TWICE by the hotel. Having noticed the mistake, we contacted the hotel to resolve the issue and we were absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of customer service. Firstly, the hotel denied it was a fault on their side and actually blamed our banks (two separate banks), I was then hung up on approximately 7 times by various members of staff, and at other times I was told someone would call me back which of course never happened. I have been calling the hotel now for five days and have not yet been able to speak to a manager which I find very suspicious, nor have either of us been given an apology for the inconvenience. The hotel have in fact taken a very hostile stance towards us. Having been all over the world, I have NEVER experienced such appalling costumer service.

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

We were not comfortable in family appartment due the following: 1-Not much clean, I found small cockroach in bathroom 2- All 3 bathroom has sewage smell even after cleaning. 3- it's too noisy everyday morning at 5 due construction building next to hotel, and the windows has sound isolation to reduce the sound at least..

Location is so good

• Deluxe Twin Room

I really had a horrible experience while I was staying at Al Safir Hoteel last weekend in which, one of my friend came to pick me up, and he was aggravateely assuluted by some drunk people for no reason front of the hotel lobby. Not to mention the security guards were just watching.

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Here is a night club next to it. The base oz so loud that I couldn't sleep till the club is closed after 2AM. I had an early flight during that stay

Non

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Stayed here many times always pay for a extra 2 person room. Then for some reason they tried to charge me an extra 15bd to take my friend to the room. Never before did they do that and they were very unfriendly about it. Got the feeling they were just trying to rip me off. Won't be staying there again.

The staff in Benigans are fantastic

• Executive Single Room

The room was not bad, the windows didn't close properly. The refrigerator is only big enough for 2 six packs of soda, THAT'S IT. The street noise was terrible even on the 6th floor. The place is very dated. There is parking across the road but it is very very tight, and only accommodates 30 cars. There was something with the elevators, i got sea sick every time I got in them and I don't drink.

There is nothing I really liked except the restaurant. The club outside wasn't bad, not a family hotel. The television was ok but i couldn't plug my usb into it.

• Deluxe Single Room

The hotel is located next to a main road and the noise from the passing cars was loud enough to disturb sleep, despite having closed all windows and being located on the 8th floor.

Staff were friendly, flexible with check-out time. The rooms are clean and modern. Equipped with a central control by the bedside of air-con plus all the lighting in the room. Spacious room that comes with a safe,a fridge and a kettle with tea/coffee.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overall things were fine. We had an AC problem in the room on arrival but they changed my room quickly so nothing to complain about.

The room decoration was fancy. Bed was comfortable. Overall things were fine.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast would be better, with more options of foods , some food can't be eaten in morning time, but in general not bad .

The Gym , The nights Club around the hotel, plus the location of the hotel is easy to get any place we want.

All good to be honest

I’ve always stayed here it’s just that I’ve decided to do a booking account recently The bar downstairs opens early 6:00 am Breakfast is not too bad n different everyday

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Nothing. Everything was amazing.

We made the reservation a couple hours before arrival. On such a short notice I didn't expect anything but I was actually surprised to find out that they give us a free upgrade to the biggest suite on the 14th floor. It even had an indoor pool!

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Wish it had a slightly bigger car park

The two bed apartment was clean and tidy. All beds were comfy and my family had an excellent stay there. We used this hotel as it is fairly central in Bahrain for City Center and also breakfast in Bennigans which has a discount if you stay in the hotel. On this occasion we went to Lost Paradise which was only about half an hour away by car. Very convenient. Also tried their room service for the first time. Only ordered one beer but that was enough to end the day with. The downstairs reception area has been improved so that checking in and checking out is more obvious. A good improvement.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There are many hotels to choose from in Bahrain so price and location play a key role. The Al Safir Hotel was a great price and location, but with there being no bars in the building there was the added benefit of ensuring a quiet night in the hotel. Many hotels in Juffair have bars attached and it can lead to sleepless nights.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking during weekend is full. It will be better if the parking is dedicated for residents rather than night club guests.

Staff are always smiling and helpful. Checkout time is 3 for genius members.

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

the room I reserved via booking was not available and the gave me a different lower room, I tried to discuss the issue with the staff but they were not responsive at all. the parking was full at night

لايصلح للعوائل

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No upgradeable booking Parking fill up quickly Room was small this time i was disappointed because last time they gave me a much better room

Nice location Good for the money Good facilities

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Outside pool was being renovated and out of use for the duration of the stay. One day the indoor pool was also out of use.

Rooms were cleaned to an exceptionally high standard every day. Staff on the doors were very helpful and courteous.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The windows are not well isolated & we couldn't sleep well because of the noise of the street specially the motor bikes after midnight

Comfortable room & bed Staff are helpful & welcoming

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Food u may add more on english breakfast, the menu was too indian dish

Its a quiet place, still have a restaurant near bybthe hotel n waking distance to lulu mall

• Deluxe Single Room

The corridors were abit smelly!!!, particularly like if there is a water in the carpet!!! (To be fairly described).

The room is clean, the staf were friendly, I would like to come again.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Executive Single Room

Good location. There is a big Lulu market and shopping mall near the hotel. One the first floor there is a bar.The staff are friendly. My colleague forget some of his personal belonging in the hotel during last tip and the hotel keep it for him.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The food quality and room service response. The food price was high. Music sound from down floor room!! It will be better to ask guest which tower to select during booking. I visited Al Safir many times where I stayed in the main tower. However, last time they moved me to the second tower where room is a little bit old with no sound insulation at all.

The room price and checkout time.

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Our only complain is that the smell of cigarette smoke is still there when we first enter the room. They should have at least put air freshener.

The facilities are great especially the indoor pool which is good on summer, we were not able to go for a swim though as time is not in our favor. Parking is a bit hard especially on the nights of weekend. We rented an apartment with 2 bedroom and the place is really nice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A larger car parking would be appreciated.

My room was clean and spacious, staff appeared careful and professional. In my opinion it's a structure fulfilling all requirements for a 4-star hotel. A couple of nice restaurants are located right beside the hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

i dont remember anything bothered me there

it was my second time there at alSafir hotel , i love the quietness there i could do a lot of work there , and have some fun at evening in the near places , very fast check in and out , and supportive staff , especially at the parking area .

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The hotel closed parking on Eid day which is the busiest season. Provided a room in smoking area Hotel staff is flat in terms of cooperation

There is no much activity

• Executive Single Room

Poor cleanliness in both swimming pools Limited fitness centre No/late response to a couple of urgent e-mails I sent before my arrival

Good location Nice decoration of the floors Good bathroom

• Executive Single Room

I had to vhange Toom 3 times. First lock didnt work. Second smoking Toom, third ac sis not work.Room had two PricewaterhouseCoopers first two nights 30BD and then two nights 42,5? Why?

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

No enough parking. They build a tent in their main parking and the rest of their parking lots was very tight and sometimes I couldn't park there. The TV was not working all the 3 days of my stay. You have to call them everyday to have your water. The air conditioning has some problems

The Staff. Size of the room. cleaning

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I searched for room by putting actual head count and age and they showed me options and I choose a room, but they said booking.com sent details of 3 guest and missed one of my daughter and hence they said they will not give complimentary breakfast for one child which was very disappointing.

Beds were comfortable and spacious and breakfast was awesome. A nice stay with excellent breakfast. The staff especially at the restaurant reception for breakfast is awesome and deserves a pat on their back for the extra care especially the Indian guy (from Chennai) was excellent care taker. He introduced us to the executive chef and all other staff was very friendly and attentive. Service is excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

That they had two buildings! They put me into the bad one while my friend stayed at the better building while we both paid the same money.

I liked how clean and reasonable it was

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Juffair is probably the best location for a westerner in Bahrain. There's a very large number of restaurants, shops and other relevant facilities within a short walk. The hotel felt extremely modern which was really pleasant. The access is sort of restricted which means it's a very safe place (well Bahrain is an extremely safe place anyway). The price was decent, just the average price you'd pay for any similar hotel in this location. Would probably stay here again.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Finding place to park is not easy and under sun. The room view is not pleasant. The staff is not friendly.

It is conveniently located. There are sufficient dinning options around. The breakfasts was assorted.

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

The swimming pool in the hotel was a bit disappointing as it wasn't temperature controlled and was really small.

The room was very spacious and the breakfast was amazing, the staff in the hotel was very friendly and helpful especially the Receptionist, I would definitely recommend the family suite for all families or friends,

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The Hotel was too pricey. They even took the extra tax on it. Will never book this Hotel again. Sorry for being a little harsh but this was the Fact. - Thank You.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is predominantly curry and rice and similar foods, with lesser selection and lesser quality of western foods. The bathroom needs a good quality of work refurbishment instead of the grey paint splattered carelessly on the ceiling rails

Very good staff, nice reception area, very good car parking, nice interior areas, and good room

• Deluxe Single Room

The staff solved my problems and really quite amazing.did not have the right card and they let me stay anyway. Gym and pool. Buffet breakfast.

The service was amazing I can't fault it. Under difficult circumstances the staff helped me all the way to the airport with a complimentary taxi. If you want peace and quiet from the people you don't want to meet this is it. Gym is brilliant with combination of machines and weights indoor pool and Jacuzzi that was under service was disappointing. Water change I was told. Great steam sauna and sauna like in Finland. The outdoor pool gets the sun in the morning then afternoon. Breakfast buffet with enough calories to keep you running all day. Once again superb staff.

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

The staff were not helpful.I booked the room with breakfast and the reception staff told me that the breakfast buffet till 11 am. I went to have breakfast at 10.15 am and found the breakfast buffet removed and the restaurant staff was very rude.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was temporary maintenance indoor swimming pool , No access was allowed . Noisy sounds , Week isolation walls between neighboring units or through windows

Delicious donuts in morning break fast

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Family Suite Three-Bedroom

The smell was too bad. The indoor swimming pool was out of service. The outdoor swimming pool was too cold. The breakfast was not good.

Location and the size

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

The apartment was smoking , even though I booked a family apartment with kids. There was cigarette smell all over and the staff could not replace this with a non smoking apartment.

size of the apartment , good for a family of 5.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I hated everything and these are really terrible people! There is no parking for you. You just have to pray extra hard every time you decide to go somewhere that you you'll find a parking space!!! And when I told them that I specifically asked in my Booking for a parking space the reply of the manager and receptionist was "sorry!"??? I was very disappointed and I was very angry. Nothing was good. There was a party in the pool and the noise was disgusting! The tv was small and ugly and always not clear. I couldn't even enjoy my breakfast as there were flies everywhere!!! The rooms are not as advertised here and they are fake and disgusting and the room service are incredibly and unbelievably slow and unresponsive!! The hotel claims it's 4 stars but they don't have a driver nor a car neither a taxi near them!! I asked for a taxi and the receptionist was shockedlike she didn't even know who to call! And after she got a number from her colleague the driver wasn't answering and she kept calling until I told her to stop and get an Uber because their wifi get disconnected from both my iPhones every 3 minutes! They are the worst!!! Please save yourself and your money and just go somewhere else ! I SWEAR BY GOD I WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS HELL HOLE!! They ruined my vacation! Don't let them ruin yours! :(

I hated everything!

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the stuff in the reception they are very rude they don't smile at all they look miserable only issue I found at this hotel is the customer service is very very poor .

Well the hotel design and the style are good .

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The lady in the check in was unhelpful. Let me wait too much while helping first other people who came after me. This hotel had two buildings and nothing on the booking confirmation email mention which building the room is in.

The room was clean and had a nice view.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

Nothing .. Every things are amazing .

Every things are amazing . Comfort bed Room Facilities Breakfast Reception welcoming Room cleaning Bathroom

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

every thing the service the staff the valet car the help nothing was good at all and i am a customer every time i booked in the hotel but this well be the last time

the hotel the service very very very very bad .. i come for bahrain so many times

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

PHYSICALLY IT IS NOT SAFE OR SECURE , THE WINDOW ARE NOT PROTECTED , EASILY TO FALL DOWN ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN OR DRUNK PEOPLE . NOT AVAILABLE DISPOSABLE TOOTH PAST OR BRUSH , YOU SHOULD REQUEST THEM AND GET IT ONE BY ONE >? THE BATHE TOWELS ARE OLD . THE RATE MENTIONED IS NOT REAL , YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA MONEY EITHER FOR GUEST OR VISITORS

Location is good .

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Staff was not efficient. Few electric outlets. One of them, not working; Another, hidden and only two outlets for three appliances; Asked for extra chair, staff reply: Certainly, sir. One day and two requests later, I requested again. Reply: We don´t have extra chairs available. They could have informed us. Ironing board was dirty. Iron power cable too short. Difficult to manoeuvre.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This stay was good one. I enjoyed my stay as I got higher floor and good room. It was surprising as well coz I met one of my friend Chef Toshib who welcomed us and and treated us as VIP.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Providing more towels without asking. There was no way to signal housekeeping to not clean the room so they would knock everyday. No nearby supermarket and you cannot access the hotel directly from the main road (Awal ave.)

Clean and spacious 2-bedroom apartment. Front parking lot could get crowded but they have private parking accross the street. Nice location and helpful staff They have room service but it takes long sometimes They agreed to extend our check-out an hour beyond time limit for free

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

2 fire alarms and very noisy doors being regularly banged close managed to keep us awake. Also double beds in the executive rooms are small.

Right next door to very nice Irish bar. The spa is very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

Breakfast was nasty. Not many options to choose. Worst thing is 15 BD charge for every visitor.

The location is good. The room was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

With the late check- out request at the start of the booking and of which booking.com made the hotel aware of as our flight is early evening, housekeeping just opened our door which was still locked without knocking or checking if someone is still in. (well they have their own set of keys) but it could have been better if there was better coordination with the front desk. Otherwise all is good.

• Deluxe Single Room

There is no USB charger soket in the room despites a modernize design. The Wifi in my rooms are very poor some times no at all.

Clean and modernized design. Staff are nice. Services are in time.

Quality of Bedsheets.

Staff specially Ms.Sukaina who was supportive. Breakfast is delicious and restaurant with a lot of varieties. SPA, parking, nearby attraction and special weekend offers. All of these reasons make Al-Safir hotel best choice for me in Bahrain.

• Executive Single Room

Toiletries are incomplete - no shampoo, I have to call and remind on the drinking water which is a basic necessity. The iron, ironing facilities, hairdryer are not on sight. I think it should be ready before the guest arrived. Also my room key card malfunctioned, I have to go down to the reception so they can reset the card and for me to be able to enter my room again.

The staff are friendly (though) and accommodating. They always greeted with a smile when you see them.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

sounds early in the morning like 6 o'clock from the front building it means its not sound proof. Breakfast options very less and common. Hotel staff no consideration to have early check in even the room is available . Bed cover is not soft as i expected its very rough. no bathtub :(. no comfortable chair at the lobby at-least can relaxed while waiting for check in.

big living room and a kitchen

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

Late night club sandwich was cold by the time it was served. Then asked me to pay cash at the door which I refused. I requested that they add it to my bill at checkout.

Good location and facilities

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

I had along trip from US to Manama ,And unexpectedly the flight delayed at US . I reached to Manama airport 5 am after 33 hours flight and I reached there at 7 am , The reception refuse to let me check in except after 9am as this is there policy , or pay extra money which equal half price . I negotiated them to not to pay extra money because it`s only hour and half and room is empty ,but they were very stiff and even allow me to go to check another hotel after this long trip .Finally I slept at the car out side until 9 am .

Excellent for families .No night clubs no arguments on the doors , completely quiet at night ,and safe for females to live alone . Rooms are wide ,comfy ,elegant,and all kitchen net are there (you need only your clothes ).

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sound isolation was not good at all specially street sounds as there was motorbikes racing all night long.

New furniture Control unit was really handy & easy

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Personnel is substandard. They asked to retain your ID as "a warranty". It is not safe for small kids outside rooms (big openings on guardrails).

Convenient location. Assorted options for breakfast. Nice value to price ratio.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing. It was all good.

Excellent hotel. Very helpful, polite, lovely staff. Decor a little dated but clean and comfortable. Excellent shower. Excellent location. Excellent value for money 😁

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only the huge screen on the building right across of our room.

Loved how the check-in was quick and easy. Our room service orders were done in a timely manner. The lighting in the room was very pleasing somehow. As well as having bennigan's place right under which is awesome.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The air conditoiner was not working and was leaking water, maintanence staff only fixed the leakage and the reception didnt bother to change my room or fix the ac, i slept for 3 nights without ac. This is not acceptable and i will never come back to al safir hotel and will not use booking.con as a credible source for hotel recomendation. I would appreciate a refund as my rating for the search and hotel is ver poor!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food is not cooked well good, cleaning the room is not satisfied, the channels on TV is not cleared.

I like the shower, it's the best thing in the room.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Room service was terrible though. We had to call them a couple of times for the same order. It took them nearly an hour for some glasses and a tooth brush.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We have stayed here several times as it is priced well and in a good location but always the nightime noise from motorbikes all night long is just too loud and the windows too thin. Earplugs help but we have decided not to return. Noticed some stray hairs on the bed and on shower floor plus someone forgot to clean up the old window caulking on the floor of room 712 before we checked in. We asked for housekeeping to come clean it up but mnoone arrived - not a big problem

Close to Thai massage, Bennigans, & restaurants. Staff were friendly & helpful

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

The restaurant is going through some renovation and on that day, there was a strong smell that made being in lobby and Restaurant unbearable.

The room was spacious and the staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Family Suite Two-Bedroom

Could hear rooms next door a little, but this couldn't be heard in the bedrooms.

Huge room; incredibly accommodating staff (considering we were with an infant - this was huge for us!); baby-sitting by hotel staff was absolutely brilliant. Swimming pool and sauna were great too. Hard to fault!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The room was not with my expectation as they gave me better room during my first stay. I don't like to complain once I am checked in and it was my birthday so I ignored the issue. Also there was no bathrobe in the room and no slippers. When I requested for bathrobes they brought only one as we were checked in 2 people.

The location is good and easy for me.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

Breakfast was ok but really a downside. The gym was so noisy from some visitors. The wifi is generally slow.

Many things, but I mostly liked that my room was so quite; no discos and no noise can be heard from street.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Deluxe Single Room

Reception staff taking to much time for check in and check out and if some visitor will come that time also they are taking to much time.

Cleanliness and housekeeping staff

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I did hear some traffic noise during the night: obviously not the most soundproofed hotel in the world. This isn't bad enough to deter me from staying again, though.

For the money I paid, I think it is a pretty decent place to stay: I've stayed in worse places for the same money in Bahrain. The staff were pleasant and helpful and being able to check in early was a bonus. The absence of nightclubs in the building puts this place above some of the competition in Bahrain.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

very bad wifi coverage in the rooms.. had to go to the restaurant to so some work.. no business lounge either

great location.. clean facilities.. wonderful and friendly staff.. good breakfast.. great hotel overall

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Coffee cups were not washed properly. Furniture was NOT 4 star hotel worthy! Toiletries were a JOKE. Reception was not so professional and last but not least, the taxes and extras were never mentioned during booking which pushed the budget up by at least 20%!!!

Room size was good. Bed was comfortable

Browse Al Safir Hotel & Tower traveller photo gallery