Reviews of Crowne Plaza Bahrain This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Diplomatic Area, 199 Manama, Bahrain

#44 of 154 hotels in Manama

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

It was a memorable and relaxing stay. Food was great during our convention.

I don't have.

Staff was very polite. I forget my suit in the airport, they immediately help us by accompanying us to the airport. I found my suit. And also , I addressed my concern about the breakfast package I took , they were able to addressed my concern instead of two breakfast for each day, only one I will avail for each day. One more I appreciate they also give importance to my visitors by giving some token to the daughter of my friend. Which I really greatly appreciate.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Very comfortable stay. Lovely room and very polite staff.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

WiFi signal not very strong.

Room was spacious and well equipped. Bed very comfortable and bathroom large. Good gym. Indian restaurant within the hotel was very good and excellent food. Very polite and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Pleasant stay overall
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The pub was a little pricey. The water pressure in the shower wasn't the best

The location was amazing! The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was good as well.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

The best hotel with great value of money
    • Standard Room

There was nothing to feel bad.

The first thing I like was the approach at the reception the people were very professional and with very good attitude. The check-in was done in very less time. Every people working in the hotel were very professional and with very good attitude. The rooms were very clean and the food was very good. Like to thank Preeti, Syed they are great person.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

My visit was to allow my wife to experience the Brunch,after Brunch party and hotel facilities.Great
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I am not sure but I could be wrong, if the AC in the room could be set to AUTO would be great. Also, would save you some electricity bill. Access to the swimming pool should be early morning at 05:30 and close at 10:00pm

The food was excellent and the room located in right floor. Great waiters (friendly and caring). Fitness centre in great condition. Reception staff all great people.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Close to main attractions.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Reception was very noisy. A loudy night club right next to the reception area. Music from the pool area was noisy in the afternoon. We could hear the music in our ground floor room.

Close to main attractions. Was close to City center and to Muharraq.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

The entertainment at night is first class and highly...
    • King Room - Smoking

When I ordered the Tacos on the menu, the dish was extremely disappointing and not recommended.

The entertainment at night is first class and highly recommended.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

A very nice property in a great location.
    • King Bed Deluxe Room Smoking

Pool area is fine, but looks a bit outdated with very little landscaping.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. La Mosaique restaurant offers a great breakfast, there is a very wide range of breakfast foods including pork bacon and sausage. The updated rooms are super comfortable and well equipped.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Im used to hard pilows , preferably memory foam and they...
    • Standard Room

They said pool was temp controlled and when I decided to swim it was cold.

Im used to hard pilows , preferably memory foam and they didn't have hard enough pillows.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2018

Very helpful and kind staff.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Very helpful and kind staff. Had flight delays and cancellations; the reception and reservation desk reached out to help and the drivers where very kind as well.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Nice location, good on site bar and restaurants.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

View from the room wasn't great - carpark and the electrical unit didn't work properly. We didn't need it so mentioned only at checkout.

Nice location, good on site bar and restaurants. Room service was good.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Close.... so close.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The new showers is a pain. There should be a manual to read beforehand. Even struggled to turn it off. Couldn't adjust the aircoditioner to make it cooler than 25 degrees. Was to late to move. Just wanted to sleep, but ended up feeling hot and grumpy when I woke up.

I love the staff. Really courteous and friendly. Harvesters downstairs is nice enough but they should replace the barman. Drinks was awful. Way too much alcohol.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Value for money
    • Standard Room

Human touch - staff is very courteous and always helpful. Great breakfast, discount coupons for meal at rheir restaurants,proximity to banks for meeting, closer to Avenue mall

• Reviewed: February 16, 2018

Even Better Than Last Time
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

It's not the cheapest option. But, cheapest doesn't equal best!

I've have stayed here before and previously thought it was very good, and it was even better this time! Staff are great - professional but friendly and engaging. Clean , comfortable ... with good bar and food. Very enjoyable two nights.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

The Memory of Bahrain Not to be Forgotten.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was there no need to leave the property. The food is great and I even had my hair cut at the hotel. My stay will even be better next time i have my wife to visit Bahrain.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

The hotel is ideally located near the Major offices.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is ideally located near the Major offices. The Hotel is maintaining its facilities very well. Rooms are pretty clean and tidy. Restaurants are good. Staff are very welcoming. Overall pleasant stay

• Reviewed: January 28, 2018

Friendly helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Bed not as comfortable as other equivalent starred hotels. Staff at breakfast were "over the top helpful'. As it was a buffet my wife and I enjoy looking at all the food and helping ourselves. Staff came to our table every 2 minutes to ask if we wanted more of this or more of that. Ordered tea! They got it wrong.

Friendly helpful staff. Food at the brunch was excellent.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

Pleasantly surprised by how good this property was
    • Standard Room

Some construction work happening but they manage this well.

Good clean facilities, brilliant gym, friendly helpful staff and great location. Hotel room was very good and good value for money.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2018

Great for short stay
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Lights in room and bathroom were really low. Need more light!! The hotel is a bit old-fashioned in its carpeting, layout, etc, but it was perfectly pleasant.

Great breakfast. They also let me check in early and check out late. The staff was insanely friendly.

• Reviewed: January 11, 2018

Wonderful Experience
    • Standard Room

Breakfast needs to have slightly better spread

Liked the quite rooms for peaceful sleep in the night. Gives resort kind of feeling different than just any business hotels

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Comfortable good sized room and a great dinner - very good value for money.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Everything met my expectations for a short stay.

Very good sized room with everything that one would expect. Friendly staff, a welcome drink on arrival and 20% discount from the total bill in any of the restaurants. Very good Indian restaurant.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

It was nice
    • Standard Room

There was no lift - I had one suitcase, I could have carried it myself but I had to ask the porter to bring it up.

The quietness, staff were very helpful and friendly. Also the easy access tothe Malls

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

All in all very good selection
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I felt that the gym could have been better equipped. Went running instead which is not difficult as pavements are very wide.

Good location, evening buffet was excellent value for money with a different topic each night, I experienced fish and steak in the two nights.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Peaceful and Comfortable
    • King Bed Deluxe Room Smoking

Nothing that I can really complain about.

The rooms were clean and cozy. Temprature Easy to control. Wifi excellent. Room Service and Food top Notch. Loved the Gym. Got a very early check-in. The staff was one of the best I have seen, always smiling and eager to help. Taxis were always there at the doorstep.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Efficient check in/out, + easy early check-in.
    • Standard Room

The attitude of staff in the Spices Restaurant. The lighting was poor. On request they brought a small candle, but that was insufficient to deal with the rice and sauce all mixed in with crab IN ITS SHELL and CLAWS. I am myself a keen chef, and there is no way I would serve this. They took the plate away and extracted the meat, so my partner and I got out of sinc. I also felt I was the one in the wrong.

Efficient check in/out, + easy early check-in.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Very nice and pleasant
    • Standard Room

The overall price is different to the price given on booking.com. Plus there is no drinking water at the pool area, given the heat i think that a drinking water facility should be available.

As always the hotel and staff are great. It can get a little busy on the Friday brunch period but it was a pleasant stay overall.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Superb Hotel

Can't think of anything

I arrived late, and left early the next day, so i didn't partake in all the finer things of the Hotel during this trip. However, I have in previous trips enjoyed the seafood buffet, the waves restaurant, the gym, and brunch. Upon arrival this trip around 4 pm, my room wasn't ready, and the Agent at the reception gave me a free ticket to spend in any of the restaurants. That was nice...most hotels wouldn't do that.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Very nice stay
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Even if my stay was during Ramadan one of the restaurant was open and there was a full array of room service food and beverages. Pool area is very nice

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

Excellent Hotel in Bahrain
    • Standard Room

The airconditioning in the room was a little bit noisy.

The Hotel is really good! very nice staff. You know when you travel a lot like me the kindness of the staff makes the difference! The breakfast is excellent. The air conditioning in the room is a little bit noisy!

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Excellent hotel
    • Standard Room

the bar can get a bit crowded and noisy on Fridays but it is bearable and a nice atmosphere.

I have stayed here before and it is always a very nice hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Nice hotel and great friendly staff
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Key cards failed after almost every use. No problem getting them reprogrammed but why did they fail so much?

Some minor issues were resolved with no fuss, very happy with the service and the hotel in general, staff were very helpful, friendly and attentive at all times. I had some huge problems with an IHG Hotel in Jakarta that was so bad I threw away my rewards card with IHG. I did not realize the Crown Plaza was an IHG hotel until after I booked.. However their service was good enough to help me forgive IHG's poor service and failed resolution offer in Jakarta. Well Done Crown Plaza Bahrain!!!

• Reviewed: March 26, 2017

Great Hotel but not a good location for leisure travellers.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Friday Brunch was set up in the lobby. It should be out of the way of the public. I would enjoy South East Asian food, they do not provide it here. The door fell off my wardrobe in my room. Being in the Diplomatic area, the hotel is not easily accessible to tourist areas. Signage and wayfinding from Hotel lobby to Sports Bat, bfit, pool and Spa difficult to find.

Room was comfortable, bed was extra comfy. Staff were great.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2017

As per expectations! very nice hotel.
    • King Bed Deluxe Room Smoking

location is good, but outside the hotel there is nothing really to do as you are surrounded only by other hotels and embassies.

I really liked the breakfast buffet as it was really rich, food was fresh and I was enjoying food everyday during my stay, I attended a conference during my stay so everyone was really helpful from the organizers.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2017

Nice experience but the extras are over-priced

I didn't feel we got value for money. The cost for ad-ons like drinks, food and brunch were high. It took the shine off an otherwise nice experience.

Friendly and professional staff

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Terrible accident
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that the bathroom glass sliding door fell to pieces when I tried opening. Thus, I sustained deep cuts on my hands & legs. I had to go to the hospital & the hotel didn't even pay for the hospital bills!! There is no lift in the property, so one would struggle to get a buggy upstairs to room!

• Reviewed: January 23, 2017

Old and outdated
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was really old and out dated. My reservation was for a king bed but I ended up getting a queen. The room looked nothing like the photos and it had a wet smell to it. I definitely did not feel like I was staying in a 5 star hotel. Very overpriced.

The customer service and food were really good. Definitely worthy of a 5 star rating.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2017

i was so relaxed
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

the staff made my day on 28 december it was my birthday and they surprised me by a very cute cacke when i was celwbrating alone that surprise came from crowne plaza,big think to all the staff recepsionists, waiters in restaurant, cleaners all the staff were professional.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2016

Very Posh ,
    • Standard Room

the price was a bit steep on food and drink . but it is all over Bahrain .

the staff very friendly and helpful, the room boy who cleans room 176 exceptional nothing to much trouble . the hotel had everything you need to have a great lifestyle

• Reviewed: November 20, 2016

Why not to stay?
    • Standard Room

Noise from the lobby Reception wasn't polite and weren't respecting guests. Room wasn't ready at midnight! Rooms decorations are used enough to be replaced Water taps and water are not clean even cont get clean water to take shower It's an old hotel overall that needs remodeling and refurnishing.,They don't accept my booking room wasent sready,, the front desk staff was manners incivility untrained .....

Nothing at all,

• Reviewed: October 29, 2016

The swimming pool , sports area , steam etc good.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The room is not looking like five star, narrow rooms. The room should be spacious .

The swimming pool , sports area , steam etc good. I had ordered the egg white omlete during breakfast. the salt was not spreaded . I mean some area there is no salt and in some area it is accumulated. It is happened in Crowne plaza Deira and Sheikh Zyed road also.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2016

A Very Enjoyable Stay
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing, everything was good.

Quick check-in, frlendly and professional staff, clean, comfortable room, nice outdoor pool and sunbathing area, a good bar with live music and both bar food and breakfast were excellent.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2016

Excellen hotel
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The veiw of my room in first floor infrot of air condition and was closed...the swimming pool close 8 pm ...

Really room service very perfect...welcome drink when arrive..they give dicount cards for the restaurant in the hotel..the wifi free and work every were..the stuff very Helpfull...

• Reviewed: August 9, 2016

Simple but friendly
    • King Leisure Room - Smoking

The Harvester needs a better air filtration. Smells like an airport smoking booth. Shuttle from Airport could be free, or cheaper.

old school hotel, but this is giving some charm to the stay. New rooms are really well set. Nice pool 30m long for swimmers with a twist in the straight line. Very friendly staff. Good location.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2016

Calm and clean , good breakfast options
    • Twin Room - Non-Smoking

Air condition is not working in corridors , they put us in the old section of building while the newly refurbish side is empty .

Calm and clean , good breakfast options

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

• King Room - Smoking

Great location.. amazing breakfast .. the room was spotless..

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Not exactly memorable

Staff attitude.

Breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Excelent
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

All the services; even the services of the restaurant st the pool was excellent

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Bed was comfortable, my room was near the lobby
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was clogged so it was a bit flooded

Bed was comfortable, my room was near the lobby

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Wonderful stay over.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Great staff, so professional and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

Good food, great rooms
    • King Bed Deluxe Room Nonsmoking

The pool.

The rooms were lovely. Restaurants all good.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Great Breakfast
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Too Expensive compared to the service level

Great Breakfast

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

There was a lizard at the bathroom.

There was a lizard at the bathroom. Also, the cups in the room were not cleaned as there was a female lip stick on the cup.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Lobby to noisy

Good place, new renovation

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

• King Room - Smoking

Shower was great. Rooms had everything you would need. Will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Only a single tea bag for morning tea ( double room)
    • Standard Room

Only a single tea bag for morning tea ( double room)

• Reviewed: April 22, 2018

Reasonably okay, not great
    • Standard Room

Beverages at brunch wasn’t great;

Location is good; staff were pleasant

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Excellent stay and good value for money
    • Standard Room

Pool overlooked by main road.

Food and staff, excellent

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Nice location

it is only 2 floor hotel

it was so pleasant to stay at crown plaza restaurants was amazing

Good friendly service . excellent Friday bunch
    • Standard Room

Clean neat rooms with fluffy towels

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

I have rated the hotel 10 on 10 because of their service and...
    • Standard Room

I have rated the hotel 10 on 10 because of their service and value for money. All together a very comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Renovated & Clean

Renovated & Clean

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

clean room

clean room

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Very comfortable, well priced facility.
    • Standard Room

Comfortable room and well equipped fitness room.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Not my favourite
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Very old style, and bad outdated outdoor

Clean and professional service

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Comfortable

Comfortable

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Excellent value for money

Service and foods

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Simply superb. Thank you.

All good

A very comfortable and relaxing stay. We attended an event at the conference centre Friday evening, again the hotel and staff were superb.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Comfy bed

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Was excellent services
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

No sound Isolator fitted in rooms

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Excellent stay
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the friday brunch period, due to a lot of drunken people wandering around

The food was outstanding and the staff were friendly

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

will go back again
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

staff and place where excellent