Reviews of Golden Tulip Bahrain 5 stars

Old Palace - Diplomatic Area, 199 Manama, Bahrain

#89 of 154 hotels in Manama

• Standard Twin Room

5 star hotel, i wonder why no bathrobe available? jacuzzi , sauna isnot available on friday! they should notify the guest before check in .. jacuzzi should be open to guest not only members!

towels are big

The poorest breakfast i had in a hotel (5 star !?) for years. Iftar dinner also way below average. The room very small, no view at all, the bathroom very small as well and not what to expect from a 5 star hotel..

The only positive i can think of is that the room was clean

Golden Tulip please get some new sunbeds. The 7 you have are as old as the hills and breaking up.

We were upgraded to a Deluxe Room. Thank you for this. That is such good customer service. We noticed the new bath sheets. This is a huge improvement from the tiny bath towels we used to get. Thank you. Even though it is Ramadan it was nice that the Hotel still serves breakfast in the dining room and not the Guest's Bedroom. The variety was not as good but the breakfast was still good value. Well done. A big plus for this Hotel is it is so close to The Avenues - the beautiful new shopping centre. It is a short walk away.

• Standard Twin Room

First of all we asked for a non smoking room but the check in girl gave us a smoking room and when we asked to change, she refused saying that the Ac in the other rooms was bad ... and we should choose either the smoke smell or staying in the heat! 2 out of our 3 Rooms didn’t have towels!! The shower head was broken in one of the rooms! The check in person was quite rude when we complained. Overly priced food and beverage for quality that was substandard! To summarise, we would have much preferred to have paid a little bit more and stayed at the Crowne Plaza next door! - always a next time.

Nothing really apart from the price

This was our 5th stay and sadly this time we were treated rather badly by the young lady who booked us in. We had booked a Standard Non Smoking Room with a double bed and bath. We arrived at about 10.30am. The hotel seemed to be very busy. We were informed after showing our Reservation to the young lady that there were no Non Smoking Rooms with a double bed left so she would give us a Smoking Room with 2 Single Beds. We were shocked and said this was unacceptable and that if necessary she would have to upgrade us. She then walked off into the back office where she spoke to someone. On returning she informed us that our booking was for Sunday, 29 April and not Friday, 27 April. My wife disagreed with her and we again showed her our Reservation Confirmation which very clearly indicated we had booked for the night 27 April. No apology was forthcoming she just disappeared into the Back Office again. She came out after a few minutes and told us that we would be upgraded to a Non Smoking Deluxe Room with a double bed and bath. It is sad that this hotel does not willing upgrade guests. This is not the first time we have experienced this. The hotel should not over book rooms they do not have unless they are willing to upgrade guests and this should be done without question. We never received an apology from this young woman. We also informed the hotel on our booking that we were coming to Bahrain to celebrate our Birthdays. No Birthday wishes from the Receptionist who booked us in. She was too busy being unfriendly to even note this detail. Golden Tulip needs to pay more attention to this kind of detail. We have previously celebrated our Birthdays in Bahrain. At the Sheraton Hotel we were given a beautiful basket of fruit. At the Radisson Hotel the most beautiful Cheesecake was delivered to our room on one occassion and on another a basket of treats. Our Fridge did not work in our room so we complained straight away as we had brough Fresh Milk for our tea.

We do find the Golden Tulip good value for money even though it is no longer a 5 Star hotel- . The breakfast is good and value for what one pays. The Bar is reasonably priced. Parking is good although should be managed - a lot of guests take up 2 parking bays with no thought to others. This hotel is a short walk to The Avenues - the beautiful new shopping centre.

Everything was so good that I have no further comments about it.

We checked in at Hotel at about 08:00 am and checked out the same day (02 May 2018) at about 09:30 pm. I must mention that during our short stay at the Hotel we were very pleased with the comfort of the room and the excellent services we received from the staff of the Hotel.

The breakfast food list need to be improved + the lobby was busy (but it was expected since there were 2 event; chess tournament and bodybuilding tournament) but the check in process should be smoother (around 10 min!!)

Good location + clean rooms + nice room service 👍🏻

I think the golden era left long ago ... It just tulip without gold... this hotel is old and smells bad inside. I was mislaid with the 5 start rating. It doesn’t worth any stars..

nothing special

The rooms are very tired and need to be revamped. Bigger Bath towels would be nice - present ones are very small. Pillows need replacing. I now bring my own as the ones there are just too hard. The loungers at the pool need to be replaced. The ones there are in terrible condition. This hotel could be really good with a couple of changes.

This is our 4th stay at the Golden Tulip. Parking is good Breakfast is excellent - good variety. Bathroom well equipped with toiletries.

Bathroom sanitary all leaking and require replacement The lobby on Friday was noisy .. like a night club . Check in is way too long

Rooms are innovated

Wedding was taking place at the hotel. Noise emenating a little bit to the reception but not to the point of discomfort.

The staff at the reception was very professional and carried out their service with a positive attitude from the check in to the check out

• Executive Double Room

Check in took very long, very busy small and crowded lobby, the receptionist started doing her paper work while I am waiting to check in after a very long queue

Location, value, cleanliness,

• Deluxe Twin Room

They charged me with 103 BHD insted of 80 BHD , the toilet and the sink were broken for a day and when i asked to change a room they charged me 10 BHD 😳😳 Worst hotel ever..

Massage Center. Need to be more moderate . Parking Area are small and the other side not are so adequate . Much people stop his car in walking people area , cutting the normal people ways to coming from parking areas to walk into the hotel . Much disorder in parking control

The pool area are so clean and the bar attention are very good

I stayed here so I could be near a concert venue. Hotel is so dated and could really do with an upgrade. There are signs in the bathroom asking you to conserve water but it takes ages, and a ton of water, to regulate the shower temperature. At night I had a nice shower but barely a warm one in the morning. TV has few chanels - when you travel alone it’s nice to just watch tv. Programes on the tv were probably as old as the hotel 😂 Not sure I’d stay here again unless they throw some money into redecoration.

Front desk and cafe staff were really nice

The swimming pool wasn't clean enough, and the carpet in my room and in the corridor has clearly not been cleaned for a very long time. Also when I purchased a drink beside the swimming pool, I didn't have my money on me because I'd left my wallet in my room. I explained that they either could charge my credit card under the room number or wait until I go back and get the money. The bartender was following me almost all the way to the room to make sure I'm not going to run away without paying!

I would go back because it's a good value for money. But don't expect a 5 stars hotel really. So it's fair. The staff were very friendly.

Just size of room wasn’t that big comparing to other 5 start hotels, and mattress was a bit hard and not comfortable.

Clean hotel, quiet area, good facilities in the hotel, and staff are kind and helpful. Location is great with quick access to main attractions.

The parking spaces are not covered! and hotel swimming pool is horrible. The furniture is old and the entire building is old. Unfortunately there is a bar in the ground floor and I saw some drunk people were at the entrance. I recommend to build an external entrance to that bar so the hotel guests are not annoyed by the bar customers, specially families.

The hotel location is kind of close to the new Avenue mall but it doesn't mean you can walk to the mall.

Some of the toiletries were not given upon check-in. Noises from other tenants talking loudly at the hallway can be heard inside the room.

It was very clean, near shopping malls and that all staff are friendly and helpful.

Parking is open air so can get hot in day time.

Renovation of the rooms are impressive compared to last time . Washrooms still require some improvements but its ok. Good value for money and good location .. swift check in check out service.

• Deluxe Double Room

I booked a non smoking Double Deluxe Room with a bath and when I arrived at 4.30pm to book in there were no non smoking rooms with a double bed left so I was given a non smoking deluxe room with single beds. I was also told I was being UPGRADED to a Deluxe Room but I had booked a deluxe room. I feel when one books a specific room one should get what they have booked, otherwise one should be upgraded. Quite clearly someone arrived and was given my room - although I did not make an issue of this at the time of booking in I was not happy and I hope this does not happen again.

Breakfast was very good. Good parking.

The Standard Rooms are very tired and shabby and need upgrading. The Golden Tulip does not seem to upgrade their guests to better rooms which is a pity. We have experienced this at a lot of hotels in Bahrain. The pool loungers are in terrible condition and need replacing. The pool area also needs an upgrade. Compared to the Raddison or Sheraton it is very basic. This is sadly no longer a 5 star hotel.

This is our 2nd stay at this hotel. The staff are polite and welcoming. The breakfast was good and excellent value for money. Parking is adequate although not enough if the hotel was full. The Bar is reasonably priced.

The room was fine but the windows were closed and it was smoking room so how sthe smok will go out and no fan and there was a bad smell coming from the bathroom even if we didn't use it.

The location and the staff members were so good. The breakfast buffet was great but I didn't like the dinner one. When you order your own meal it's better than the buffet.

• Standard Twin Room

At the checkout the one in the reception told me that i did have a laundry i told her I didn’t give anything to them but she made me wait for a 15 minuets to make sure it is not. i was at 614 and the laundry for 714

The bed was very comfortable and the cleaning guy i asked for more cotton pads and he gladly put more

• Deluxe Double Room

the guest are not welcome from the staff, the staff do not respect the brand of the hotel and it seems like its local hotel that only care about money

the only good thing is the wifi

Overall appearance am average. The bad thing happend the staff in Platinum lounge was so rude, they compelled us to have drinks otherwise threatened me and my friend to drop out. Very ubnoxious and distressing. Is this hotel hospitality? ??

coffee.... tasted like water. Breakfast staff welcomed you but that was it. No how are you today, can i get you some tea or coffee, this is whats on the menu today... etc.. you had to figure it out yourself.

reception staff very friendly and helpful. Hotel always clean, food was good and had lots of choices.

Very friendly staff. Delicious food in the main restaurant and the Japanese restaurant. Loved the sports bar. Always had to ask for a wash cloth for the bathroom, but very accommodating with all requests. Was able to exchange money at front desk. Walking distance to souk. Great laundry service. Nice recommendation to go to Al-Dar island.

Though there were varieties at breakfast it was really just the same everyday.

Friendly & helpful staff, check in and check out was Express. Very close to the airport and many attractions nearby.

Pool area need some attention, not really children friendly. No area for children to enjoy and play apart from the pool.

Beautiful rooms, breakfast very good.

They dont have any shuttle service and dont have any information regarding their own area. They dont even know the places which i can see during my short stay and time.

Staff was very welcoming and cooperative.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff not welcoming at all and they should take several courses. In how to deal with the customer and also what I found in the room I really get shok when was no twel path !

swimming pool person very bad behaviour. he is deal with us very badly. but pool caring man one of the Indian guy is very friendly he is very nice caring. pls remove other guy better for ur business. we go to meany places first time our feel like that .i will never select again golden tulip. we r coming for the enjoyment not for the military rules

it's clearly cleaned

The luggage boy opened the door on my wife while i was in the bathroom. The restaurant guy also tried to open the door. The room service also opened the door. I felt threatened throught the whole stay. And yeah my wife forgot a gold braclet and they denied seeing it. They promised me they will look up the cameras and get back to me, and never heared from them again.

Nothinh

Advance authorization more than room rate , waiting booking confirmation at reception. Additional payment requested for only my visitor .

Room was clean and well furnished

I can't eat any dairy products, so it would have been nice to know the ingredients of the cooked food, to know if I could have any.

Fully stocked buffet met all of our needs.

Car valet service was a disaster !! Only one of the staff was doing a very good job and his effort is very appreciated. Other staff were lazy and barely moving ..

Quietness, cleanliness, fast reception service, and very good location

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

We had a business meeting with client on this hotel. But the preparation such as multi plug connector, microphone and printer and scanner is not sufficient. Also in the meeting room's internet was not operated.

Very confortable Room and internet speed.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Honestly the photos on Booking.com are nog the same as in reality. I has to wait 10 min for my driver to pick me up while I had informed them in advance about my arrival day&time. Above all, the rooms were quite old, smelled bad and the breakfast was terrible. The food is too cold, not fresh and you have to pay additional for Cappuccino, and instead of Cappuccino they pour you coffee with milk!!!! Above all, the swimming pool was sooooo dirty that I decided to go to Four Season hotel for swimming, see photo. And the towels of the swimming pool were so dirty because they use it for "spa" and massage!!!! It was really disgusting to see dry blood on towels. All by all, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS HOTEL. Opposite Golden Tulpin you have Sheraton. You better book there

Location was good

• Deluxe Twin Room

lobby smells of food (seafood) on each night swimming pool was too exposed in the middle even for the people having breakfast and dinner they are sitting exactly in front of the pool

My confirmed booking was delux room with large king bed size. Unfortunately upon arrival they give me single bed room which was the last available room☹️. Moreover, the A/C was very noisy😟

Location and food are great.

overall was bad experience with this hotel. facility is old and stuff wasn't friendly. checkout was a disaster and they lost my bag and spent 20 min to look after it. Concierge stuff was very aggressive and made the experience so bad. don't try it

Breakfast was ok

The wires showing behind the TV, the fact that there were no slippers available the first day, the old AC, old fridge. The fact that the total price shown on the website did not reflect the extra 20% they charge you on the day.

I liked the cleanliness, the pillows, that there was an extra blanket in the wardrobe, the big window.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

WiFi range was not that good in my room

Location,Paradise restaurant right next to the hotel was also very nice,breakfast, they upgraded my room to deluxe, gave me free airport drop.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

They have to improve the team in the front office. They reduced the quality of the breakfast, I'm not going to stay in this hotel anymore.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

i made room upgrading , it was so costly. first time i saw a hotel that take extra money as an insurance for the property use. room service is very bad. bathroom water drainage comes out, although it was fixed within minute but that dose not suites 5 stars hotel. TV channels and picture is not good

site of the hotel is in the middle of Manama city. calm quite rooms

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Ordered room service, the burger was prepared using a hard stale bun, the mushroom soup was quite watery. All in all, I ended up paying to have a tummy upset. My room had only one bath towel, no wash rag or face towel. There was no gown, no iron or ironing board. Breakfast was a bit blunt.

Friendly staff with pleasant manners.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Pool was begging cleaned. Only purpose why we chose the hotel was to swim. Beds in double room where too small 140cm. Not normal for a 5 star hotel.

Fast service. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

worst 5 star hotel I've booked! pay for extra bed but no one arrange and didn't refund the amount we paid, curtain is damage so we have to wake up early because of sunlight, only 1 bottle of water and 1 towel is in the room when we arrived, valet parking is useless because if you want to get your car the guys will just give you the key and you have to get your car in the parking area which is about 100m, there's is not much choice for breakfast and the guy who's cooking the egg and bread looks like always having a bad day coffee is also cold. price is cheap but you will get the service that you paid for...

location near city center

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

We were upgraded to a complimentary executive room on the 6th floor, and it was probably what we'd expect of a standard room in such a high star hotel. The furniture in general is all looking well worn and could do with replacing.

Breakfast was excellent and service from all staff extremely good. Very clean throughout & location was excellent also

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

We had 3 rooms and although we arrived at 15:00 rooms were not ready. There were no towels, no bathroom amenities, no slippers, no tea/coffee, water, minibar in none of the rooms. We warned the front office and left for sightseeing. When we returned to our rooms after 22:00 towels were still missing. I asked the reception once again but they didn't bring anything. I woke up at 05:30 in the morning (due to early flight) and picked up my own towels from the reception. The staff at the front office was very unfriendly. He listened to me without even looking at my face. TOTAL DISSAPOINTMENT. I would never ever stay at Golden Tulip Bahrain again, nor recommend it to anyone. There are very nice hotels in Bahrain, try something different but not Golden Tulip.

Breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Amount showed on booking.com is not matching with the amount asked by the Hotel and they were claiming that "it is the exchange rate" but I refused to pay more than what was shown in booking.com

The room is comfort, I like this hotel as it is always my destination when I go to Bahrain

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

They were not transparent with information. Went to spend with them New Years Eve and it was a very disappointing experience. The worst ever! Smoking is normal in there, non smokers are the weird thing! We left New Years Eve at 10:00pm back to Saudi

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The omelette station is no longer, so I missed the fresh omelettes enjoyed on previous occasions.

I got an unexpected no charge room upgrade. It's a homely sort of place, not too big and the staff are friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Staff was the worse they were rude and made the checking in process the worse i have ever had!!

The staff were really bad they gave us a very hard time at checking in!! They even told us that all rooms are considered for 1 person and we have to pay additional 10BD to add one person even if a child!!! Which doesnt make sence why would somebody book a twin bad room for one person!!!!

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Having to pay taxes on top of the price quoted by bookings.com. The price quoted by bookings.com should include all taxes as wel

comfortable room, helpful staff, nice restaurant

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Internet is limited to two devices, fridge is empty, room is for two , stuff they provide is for one person e.g towels , shampo etc.. generally compare to other 5 stars hotels, I consider this as 3 stars .

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The duty manger at 10:30 pm was very rude when i ask him about why it is very noisy in the loopy of hotel and smells of cigarettes all around he said the bar door is open i told him close it he said the AC is not working well then i told him it is very cold here how it is not working?! He not answering me then i just ask him is it rights answered? He said no !!!! It was funny After that he just g like he doesn't care at all then i went out all the security staff was looking at me like i am doing something wrong by talking to him I hope this massage delivered to the GM of the hotel In other hands no slapper in the room also no complete things in bathroom

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

security followed my guest in the elevator, came to the room door and asked that guest leaves the room, as guests are not allowed in the hotel-strange!

gym and spa area were ok. breakfast great, especially pork station :)

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Arab club staff is very cheap in dealing with customers.

Hotel staff is very cordial and welcoming. I really enjoyed stay in Golden Tulip. Hope to stay next time there.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The pool area and poolside cafe are a little dated and disappointing. The pool is small and not well landscaped.

The room was comfortable and well equipped, with a great bed and seating area. The decor is a little old but everything was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was also well appointed with a great walk-in shower. The dining options were very good, the breakfast especially. There was a wide range of food and it was well prepared. Pork bacon and sausage available. There is a large car park and it is easy to access. The staff were great, processing the check in and out very quickly and I got a free upgrade.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Well typical breakfast offer then no omelettes, though one of our family favorite is the fresh cooked omelette

Staff in reception and front desk especially Liza she is very good

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

First time stay in this Hotel, what keeps in my mind is the pathetic staff, specially at the reception. After arriving, no greeting, no smile, just interested 'how are you going to settle your bill?' After complaining to the FO Supervisor, he argued with me about the procedures - as if I'm interested? No apology etc. Wanted to charge me an additional 100 $ for the 'extras' to my credit card. Not bad for a 1 night stay, specifically while I mentioned I wont use the Hotel's restaurant or other facilities. Another discussion and finally agreed not to charge this amount to my creditcard. Giving the FO staff the final chance to apologize, their replay was again: But these are our procedures.... If it hadn't been like 10 pm and already had paid the room via this website, would have walked out normally at this stage. Most pathetic, incompetent and unqualified FO staff I have EVER experienced in the last 10+ years. In the room, no reading light at the desk, no international socket, foam pillow instead of feather pillow (isn't this what you should expect from a so-called 4 Star Hotel?) A/C so noisy its impossible to sleep. Been told these room have recently been renovated. Really? I wonder how the rooms were looking like before the 'renovation'. All in all, the most unprofessional and unwelcoming FO staff will definitely make me NOT to return to this Hotel.

Nothing. One exception. At the morning of my check-out, I needed to print my boarding pass from online checkin. Of course not possible at FO, so asked to go to the Club Lounge. To my surprise, a very friendly, welcoming and professional Lady was there and so at least I could catch some positive attitude from one Hotel staff before checkout. I wish the FO staff would have only 10 % of the positive attitude of this Clublounge employee....

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

the swimming pool since during my stay and the in the afternoon which is the convenient time to swim it was occupied to train children

The hotel is mostly occupied by family and respectful people , The location is very good , the staff are friendly and helpful , and their action was very fast when i faced a problem in the room

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Executive Double Room

The bathroom needs an overall maintenance! the water leeks (they asked me to change room in my last night) the door wont lock!

It's clean, and perfect for families!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

The ironing table was small. Thr iron was 220 volt whereas electrical point in room was 110 volt. Bathing products in bathroom were not of high standards and availability of small pack of tooth paste and a tooth brush would add to the reputation, in my opinion.

The room was not suffocating. It was neat and clean. No disturbance. Services were good.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Executive Double Room

I just saw some people fighting in the manager office and person comes out with blood. It was disturbing. I was later told it was two customers quallering with each other.

Very convenient to city centre and other places. I used uber for all the time and was available in approximity of 5 minutes. Pool and gym was good to use. The food was perfect a bit expensive. All over good hotel to stay if it suits ur budget.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Executive Double Room

The receptionist " Mohammed - probably Indian- who made Check-in for me was not cooperative & a liar, regarding the room availability on the front view.Moreover , he charged me 20 BHD for an extra child without giving an extra bed. whereas his workmate IQBAL was a good man & more cooperative. That's all . Thanks, Ph.D)) Abdulaziz Al-Harthi

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Executive Double Room

Not a 5 stars hotel, no valet parking, old furniture, uncomfortable bed, bath drain was plugged, No spa, in-room dining menu is quite limited

Location, Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

no thing it is appear like old hotel with bad envairoment and ask me for hold amount block in my credit card and release after 10 days and people in recription not frendly please for all take care may be attempt tp incrase amount for any reason it is bad at all.

really i want explain any thing good but nothing how ever for 5 star must have good parking with shadow not like this .

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

No drinking water in the room. The thick haze of cigarette smoke in the bar and drifting in to the lobby made them unusable for me

Good sized room, clean and tidy. Hotel in a good central area

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

There was no bath rob and slippers. I had to request them. But they came on time. Not all menue items were available.

The bed was confortable. Room was nice. All staff were nice, helpful and polite.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

THE QUALITY OF THE MATERIALS IN THE BATHROOM IS BAD FOR SHAVING I THINK THE RASOR YOU PUT WITHOUT BLADE ITS NOT GOOD FOR AN HOTEL WITH 5 STARS

LIKE THE BED COMFORTABLE ROOM TOO CLEAN

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Hotel staff is not trained at all - most of them acted as if they're newly hired candidates with no prior experience on how to treat guests (not sure how this hotel was rated 5 star). Administration did not ask me whether I'm okay with Pool Side rooms or not, turned out to be worst experience ever. There is no general store nearby, everything was far. Parking was not shaded - in this ultra hot weather it was a bad experience.

Location is not noisy and connected to main roads, easy to travel to any side of the city if you have a car.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room

cost too much even while am considering the 20% tax fees , i found there is more extra fees No check in early service and receptionists not being clear about the finance , so if u not careful , u could easily pay more. Parking not available easily room not the same that i reserved and some stuff in the room messing , u have to request for it

comfort