Reviews of Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention & Spa 5 stars

Al Fateh Avenue, Manama, Bahrain

#23 of 154 hotels in Manama

My favorite hotel in Bahrain ❤️

Hose in bathrooms

My favorite hotel in Bahrain ❤️ Wonderful staff amazing services Restaurant Pool area Luxury Appartments are lovely Clean Spa Every staff every single one there should receive a certificate for their wonderful helpful amazing services. Quite stay ❤️

Amazing Bahraini Hotel
    • Luxury Room

The seating Near the pool area was full with flies due to the plants and trees, and it should have a cool temperature during summer.

The rooms were excellent. The staff were very friendly and approachable. Various restaurants inside one roof.

It’s a fantastic establishment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

They removed all the good amenities for the summer for some reason, bad mattress bad pillows, broken remotes, dysfunctional phones, I am a regular customer for gulf hotel and this visit was the worst compared to all my visits.

It’s a fantastic establishment

Perfect
    • Deluxe Room

The swimming pool was full with kids. If you do not have one it will be noisy for you.

The lobby of the hotel is really nice and big, there are many good restaurants to choose between and enjoy your lunch and dinner. Most of the rooms were booked but still it was quite, I never heard any noise in my room. Also, the location of the hotel was perfect as it is very close to many other attractions. The staff were very kind and helpful too.

Amazing place, they need to work on the electrical system.
    • Superior Room

Electrical is wonky - it kept going out my last night there.

The Gulf has so many great restaurants in it I had British Pub, Indian, Mexican, Thai and Chinese. All were wonderful, all had a unique flavor that matched the theme. Also I loved the spa - very well designed, very relaxing.

Good hotel with great restaurants
    • Grand Deluxe Room

Hospitality is not good enough . Some staff are indifferent , some are rude - from the reception to the bell boys

Variety of restaurants , gym , toiletries in the bathroom

Great facilities, friendly accommodating staff, great pool...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Great facilities, friendly accommodating staff, great pool and outdoor area to unwind, Tai Restaurant food is amazing and great cocktails at the Tyhoon Bar

it was nice I custome my self to the gulf standerds but could be better.
    • Superior Room

Iranian restaurant was not that good it become bad by the time . Not that good food. It used to be the best. You need better coffeee brands even its expensive charge more if you need . I do not have to go to Starbucks for coffee in the morning while I am living in the Gulf hotel. Food in Gulf is good but breakfast needs more care like bread items and hot items. its clear staff not custom big crowed and full capacity. But the new staff are doing good .

Gulf has excellent location even though some times has less parking space I am loyal customer . But some things needed to improve urgently. Need faster internet and give loyal customers special treatment in the hotel data base .

Lovely large hotel.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

In general, we didn’t seem to connect with Bahrain. But we did like the apartment.

Lovely large hotel. We had a 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath apartment which was quite spacious. We enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

Has options of restaurants, etc
    • Superior Room

Slow service, long time to check in. Long time to have any kind of room service. The phon is not working. Had to go personally to the reception to order food and communicate!!! Swimming pool area need revaluation in terms of layout.

Has options of restaurants, etc

Bad experience at Gulf Hotel Bahrain
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Housekeeping was very poor. Had to call them to do the cleaning or they ignore. Room service was not responsive when I called them to repair the TV that was not working. I parked in their multistory parking and had a flat tire inside it. Parking was a dilemma especially at night time. Does not worth its value at all.

Location was appropriate. Swimming pool was good for kids.

Always a delight staying at the gulf hotel.
    • Superior Room

Always a delight staying at the gulf hotel. Faultless welcoming stay. Staff are superb, rooms spacious and comfortable, restaurant choice excellent.

Great hotel for the Average Guest or Off Seasons Stay. Highly Recommended for Parties and Memories.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Here where it goes tricky, I am a man with a lot of travel, therefore my expectations of a 5 stars hotel are very high by nature, however, this hotel needs more than giving them time and space for mishandling my expectations, even!!!, when it is during eid festivals. I could some up the requirements through saying that the hotel needs to train their employees on handling customers demands while under pressure, due to the high volume of check-in, the employees at the reception and valent failed to make an impression of such a prestigious hotel by either taking too long to serve or act upon a request they have received a while ago. if you have the patience, this should not be an issue for you.

The hotel is one of the most known in Bahrain and it has a lot of facilities, from the spa to the pool, restaurants, parking to everything else, it was an ok experience. for the average guest, this would be a great recommended place to stay.

It is busy holiday time, but the staff were profissional and...
    • Superior Room

It is busy holiday time, but the staff were profissional and welcoming, and barking is availabe. Nice room space, view, clean bathroom and wifi signal.

Great location, room, staff and breakfast.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Lunch (where the breakfast buffet is also served) and room service menus didn't cater for vegetarians. Room service food was nowhere near 5-star standard. We visited during Ramadan/Eid so room service would have been busy, but this is no excuse.

The breakfast buffet was decent; enough choice for both my wife and I. Staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. Our room (apartment) was very nice and the wifi was strong/stable. The hotel location is perfect.

Swimming pool and restaurants
    • Superior Room

I have confirmed reservation by booking for 3 nights and when I arrived they said only 2 nights !! After that they ask me about taxes it is not included !!!! Then I have copy from my reservation and I show them with taxes Then they want to hold deposits for bar, "I said I will not use it" then when I entered the room I found housekeeper coming with bag and empty the bar (refrigerate) that is confusing me too much because I'm not theif, if I use anything when I check out appear that and then I will pay BUT they make that first time, before they didn't do that.

Swimming pool and restaurants

Room was nice (free upgrade) and staff friendly but...
    • Superior Room

Room was nice (free upgrade) and staff friendly but breakfast was not included and expensive as an additional extra option with limited choice. Also theres renovation work ongoing in public areas.

generally, my stay was ok. Prices were not OK
    • Superior Room

Prices are above normal for the season

my package included breakfast. I was charged for breakfast. That was not expected and did not like the fact I was charged extra 6 BD each.

the staff in the Chinese hotel are amazing and made the...
    • Platinum Executive Room

the staff in the Chinese hotel are amazing and made the birthday dinner a memorable one. the food was also great. breakfast was very nice and full of choices. check in was fast and easy and the executive floor was really good except the breakfast in the executive floor was very limited compared to the open buffet

Relaxing and comfortable, staff are very friendly, duty...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The cafe downstairs was very slow to bring out our coffees lets alone our breakfast!

Relaxing and comfortable, staff are very friendly, duty manager was excellent when i discussed my issues with breakfast.

not worth your money.
    • Luxury Room

Oh god where to start. Inserting a list: 1- parking area is not well organised to allow for easy parking. The staff try their best, but they are mismanaged and communication is a huge issue. 2- checking in is a pain. In short rude staff, I am sure if they are trained to work in a 5 staff hotel. I have no idea what all the ladies in the reception and the lobby area do exactly? 3- It was my friend's birthday, so I have requested some flowers, mixed colors roses which cost BD 10 and totally not worth it. Tasteless. 4- The hotel provides you with a complementary chocolate cake if you are celebrating a birthday. This is lovely, but the cake quality is bad, dry, cold. So again just avoid. 5- The room doesn't look like the picture. 6- Lighting in the room is not adequate. Of course it took us time to figure out how to switch them on. 7-very expensive for what you get and breakfast is not included. I wont be staying there again. There are far better options. Note: please send all the front office/ reception/ parking staff to training on customer service, customer service recovery and etiquette. This is shameful.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom shower was good and the internet connection was fast. Would like to thank the housekeeping staff.

Disappointing room, bit of a large, souless hotel, but nice pool area
    • Superior Room

Overpriced for the room we got, it was awful, a long thin room, awkwardly shaped, with a side view onto other buildings, we were told we would have a great view, but it wasn't impressive - we had stayed in Novotel Bahrain before for far less and it was far more impressive and comfortable

Good location near restaurants and cafes, nice pool area, very thoughtful, they gave my husband a cake for his birthday

Not my first stay and won’t be the last
    • Superior Room

I love this hotel, clean, comfortable and right in the center of Manama. A very short walk into a pedestrian friendly area of upmarket bars, restaurants and clubs. Facilities in the hotel are good and the pool area is great for the family. This hotel is excellent value for money

Nice stay but pool was too cold
    • Superior Room

Swiming pools were cold, specialy the kids pool. Was unbearable cold water even by ambient temp almost 38C.

Clean. Spacious. Lots of restaurants in the hotel

Gym, pool & bed
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Crowded Dining hall next to loopy is stinking “need proper ventilation” or air freshener. Bathroom without water sprinkler. No parking service at apartment building. Only at main building.

Gym, pool & bed Room service

I had a wonderful stay at Gulf Hotel & Spa
    • Superior Room

I had an awesome experience at the Gulf Hotel with an excellent choice of restaurants, cafes and other services available at hand. Pretty much everything including barber shop, spa, good food, shopping etc. are at the hand's reach and there's no need to consider an outing.

Awesome!
    • Superior Room

No other pool access (except main reception/lobby).

We love surprises... we like the room upgrade & the sweet chocolate birthday cake😱Our daughther was soooo happy! Our second time here! We love this hotel! Surely we’ll come back!

Overhall a nice stay.
    • Superior Room

I feel the reception can be a disappointment as its always crowded and disorganized. I feel that if there was more staff then it would be much better.

The pool staff are very pleasant and friendly every time we stay at the property.

Amazing for our first 5 star experience.
    • Superior Room

The bed was not comfortable. It was too hard for my partner and I to get a good night's rest. Also, prices for snacks and drinks in the room would be nice to see.

There was plenty of space and lights, friendly staff, large bathroom and rain shower! It was a great experience. We really enjoyed hanging out by the pool soaking up the sun. The SPA is SO great! The service and friendliness of everyone we talked to was anove and beyond.

Overall good stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room service food was not up to par had to send back it was late didn’t want food to replace. They kept calling for 30 min to try to replace when I clearly told them no to just credit back. Then when we got ready to check out it took twenty min to get the credit back.

Spa was excellent ovwrall

Great hotel
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Price are still high and should be more flexible for earlier book.

Very friendly and have variety of breakfast options .. location is close to many restaurants and cafes.

Great rooms, beds, pool, staff swiftness at pool was abysmal.
    • Superior Room

Trying to get a drink at the pool meant waiting at least 30 minutes. More staff needed especially with so many people at the pool now that the weather is hot. Every single time I went to use my room key, it wouldn't work, and I'd have to go all the way back to reception to get it re-activated - every single time! And no, I kept it far away from my mobile phone. This was incredibly inconvenient.

Beds and pillows were very, very comfortable.

Staff went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect
    • Platinum Executive Room

It was my Birthday and the Hotel had surprised me by leaving a Birthday 🎂 in our Room for when I got back from Business meetings. A lovely gesture.

Nice stay for a quick weekend get away
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Miscommunication of late check out request from front desk staff, person who checked us in seemed to be new and could not supply requested information

Clean rooms, choices of restaurants, waitstaff by pool and Chinese restuarant

the hotel staff are so nice and smiley and very helpful .
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Pool area is so crowded and kinda crummy men's fitness full of equipment more than the size of the gym.

the hotel staff are so nice and smiley and very helpful .

I booked the 2 rooms apartment, was really very big.

No kids club.

I booked the 2 rooms apartment, was really very big. I liked the Jacquzi in the master room toilet. I asked to arrange for my daughter birthday, so they arranged a complimentary cake & balloons which was very generous from them. The pool area is so lovely especially for kids

The location and the manager was very helpful when I asked...

The check in take a very long time not very welcoming we stayed for 15 minutes standing in a line they have alot of sitting infront of the desk they should know how to use that in the customer comforting The rooms in the tower very bad and smell of smoking , the room service came only one time during the day and no refill for the toilet stuff and not very clean my garbege was full of toilet paper The price is way way over with no breakfast even

The location and the manager was very helpful when I asked that i have booked a room and apartment which happened to be in diffrent building he assisted us and gave us another apartment with a satisfying amount of money

Beautiful hotel & amazing spa
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had bad luck with incredible noisy neighbors on our second night. After speaking to the manager we were able to move to another room, the deluxe suite! As we were flying the next day for 24 hours, we really needed our sleep. Because of the help of the manager, we did! We will definitely come back soon.

Excellent service provided by the staff, and the amazing spa!

The pool are for the kids was very good
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I felt the standards of cleanliness of the hotel have really dropped both in the rooms and around the pool area, I have stayed here numerous times in the past and feel that it no longer is a 5 star hotel based upon the standards. Although the facilities and location are great.

The pool are for the kids was very good

Nice Location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Outdoor pool could do with being heated. The kids splash pool was to cold to go in. Bit of a waste. Restaurants limited when travelling with Kids as no kids menus.

Location is excellent and 2 bedroom apartment is an excellent size.

Gulf Travel
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Waiting to check in, lengthy process. You don't wanna go through a long process after travelling hours to Bahrain. And then you are told the room is not ready after 3pm. Its a minir issue but should be improved.

Staff. Breakfast variety. Fast Elevators. Strong Wifi connection. Cleanliness. Location. Enough Parking. Awesome hotel. 5 star treatment. Didn't visit the swimming pool area but the view looked good from our room 10th floor facing Juffair.

When I go to Bahrain, I choose this hotel.
    • Superior Room

When I go to Bahrain, I choose this hotel. I think this is my 5th time and there may be more in the future. Would recommend some better attention to some few details in the room that may need maintenance service.

Well satisfied
    • Deluxe Room

Despite emailing both booking.com and the hotel about my late arrival and paying for the preceeeding night the hotel still considered me a no show and sold my room however the duty manager resolved the problem by upgrading us to a suite

Hotel facilities are great.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

AC was not controllable, it kept blowing very cold air. Smoke smell coming from AC.

Hotel facilities are great. pool and garden around were amazing Staff was friendly

Totally recommend it! You will loved it!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Beds were not comfortable.

The Resort is beautiful. Family friendly. We stayed three nights and we loved it. Two bedrooms apartment was amazing, spacious, great view, fully equipped. We can't wait to go back.

Relaxing midweek stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Needed to call the service desk at 3.30pm because housekeeping did not clean the room yet

Excellent facilities with a good variety of restaurants. Good location. Friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely return again.

Booking.com prices sometimes are better than the hotel price
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When it came to extending my stay, the front desk guy said the price went up. He did not suggest I check booking.com (which was cheaper)

I like the Filipino lady at the reception (forgot her name) who showed a lot of concern.

It has been better
    • Superior Room

The pool was full of kids with the kid pool being empty

Around the pool there is a member of staff that is amazing, she needs recognition. I spoke with the duty manager at the time. however I'm not sure the message got through. The restaurants are very good

Excellent stay, friendly staff, hope to go back again
    • Deluxe Room

Very chaotic breakfast on Saturday with really no leadership on site; they completely miss the amount of breakfast covers expected therefore it was just awful. Sunday was far better

Excellent restaurants, very clean and beautifully maintained building, very nice pool and outdoor area

Full of life
    • Superior Room

Waiting for check in long time

Amazing hotel from all concepts, location is fantastic Near famous resturants in Adlya. Hotel is full of entertainment and the atmosphere is good

Good place to stay with some disappointing internal rules
    • Superior Room

-Breakfast was same for the 3 days -One of my family members was sick and we asked to take his breakfast to room but they refused and we were disappointed for this rule which doesn’t consider the guest -

A very much needed break after a tiring Desert trip. I left feeling 100% better.
    • Superior Room

Like a lot of Hotels of varying categories , The size of the beds in the rooms are badly let down with thin , inferior pillows. This was my only gripe in an otherwise excellent short stay.

I found the Swimming Pool area , Gym and Health Spa to be of a very high standard. I chose the Hotel for these reasons as a treat after a week or so rough camping in the Sudan. The restaurants all looked lovely but as a lone traveller , chose not to use them. I did however visit on several occasions The Sherlock Holmes Pub. This was a very good interpretation of a British Public House/Bar with great food and a well stocked and varied Bar. The Pub had Pool Tables as well as Darts for that authentic Home From Home feel. The Hotel provided both a First Aider ( to clean up a small wound received in the Sudanese Desert and an engineer swiftly reset the Air Condition when it tripped out after I turned it off.

Good value for money, good location
    • Superior Room

Nice rooms and bath, outdoor pool with poolside bar. Warm and friendly staff. Across the road from some trendy bars and restaurants. Well equipped gym.

Friday brunch is a good value.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It would be nice if they upgraded to a Keurig instead of instant coffee in the room.

Friday brunch is a good value. Thai and Chinese dishes completely authentic. We had a 1 BR apartment in the Executive Residence tower, and I like that the kitchen is stocked with utensils and pots/pans.

Very good hotel with amazing staff who are helpful all the...
    • Superior Room

Very good hotel with amazing staff who are helpful all the time.Rich breakfast and good wifi and when you finish job there is 14 restaurant with excellent food and great swimming pool. I am convinced that when I will go again to Bahrain I will went back to Gulf hotel. This is a place for people who travel for business and also for whole families.

ok but not good
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had a bad experience in this hotel, the AC was too cold, they had to come five times trying to fix it but failed to do so. They were in my suite at 1 am trying to fix it. I just decided to switch it off. that's not all, but no one actually apologized and offered a complementary one extra night, or at least a coffee, juice, or a basket of fruit. I can tell you this is not a five star hotel treatment. Some of the staff are less friendly, the check in time was so long, and I don't mean the line was long, the actual check in process was long, maybe the employee was new.

many and good restaurant in and around the hotel, wifi is good.

Everything about this property has the wow factor, every...
    • Superior Room

I got hungry very late at night, somewhere around 4:30-5:00 am, so i’ve ordered pizza via a restaurants App.. they called my room and asked me to go take the order myself. I wish they can provide someone who delivers to your room

Everything about this property has the wow factor, every single detail, i really enjoyed my stay and will be staying there whenever i visit Bahrain in the future inshallah 👍🏻👍🏻

A really wonderful hotel - excellent facilities and staff - good restaurants.
    • Superior Room

They did not check in at the time they promised to.

Staff were very courteous. Facilities have been maintained very well. The range of restaurants is really wonderful - though I did not see a lot of people in these restaurants. I would strongly recommend this hotel to any business traveller or families.

Comfortable centerd place
    • Superior Room

No hose in toilet Electisity plugs are for the lights,, no free plug to charge the mobile. Minibar surface was not clean No hot water in shower at the mirning( warm)

Newly renovated . Nee towels. Spacious superior room . Soundproof. Comfortable bed Fat wifi Mirror everywhere in the room

• Superior Room

The available options within the hotel named, restaurants, pool, spa, etc. The location is also excellent as there are many entertainment locations at walking distance from the hotel

I will continue to use the hotel
    • Superior Room

In general terms the Hotel is very acceptable in many ways. My only issue is the check in --the way in which it is arranged encourages customers to encroach in your space-- as well as being able to listen in to your conversation.

Swimming ball for kids and location of the hotel
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There is a total separate building for apartment and less care about it meant compare to the room of the hotel

Swimming ball for kids and location of the hotel

I enjoyed my stay very much due to great staff and excellent facilitates.
    • Superior Room

I did not take anything from the mini bar but I was charged. I told the receptionist that it was no way that I took the beer as I did not drink. It was good that they accepted my explanation and took the charges out.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities are excellent especially the pool which I enjoyed very much.

It' s kind to chang one smoking room into no smoking...
    • Superior Room

Poor breakfast, one man ring my door two times and ask if i need water, really interrupt my early morning sleep, until now i do not know why,so big bootle water.

It' s kind to chang one smoking room into no smoking room as I have quit smoking two years ago and can not suffer the smells.

As Expected
    • Luxury Room

Breakfast area can become congested particularly over the weekend (could be the time we went down for ours).

Very high standard put into whole decor and the lobby area. Staff willing to consider requests for an upgrade.

Graet location, a comfortable apartment.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room entry card, if your group stays at a different floor you can't use the elevator to visit them unless you have their room card!!

Privacy, the apartment was huge with good decoration.

Nice dining & dance stay
    • Superior Room

The room A/C did not cool enought. There were meldew stains in the shower floor.

The bed and the entertaining facilities (visited the Oak Lounge, the Mexican Restaurant and the Typhoon Bar)

Still the best hotel in Bahrain. The bars and restaurants within the hotel are excellent
    • Deluxe Room

Traveled to the Gulf with my wife for a night out in Bahrain. When we were checking in the receptionist noticed it was my wife’s birthday and gave us a free upgrade. The room was excellent

Beautiful hotel, upgraded to a deluxe room
    • Superior Room

Slow bar service, food excellent at brunch but again bar service very slow and had to repeat drinks order several times

Beautiful hotel, upgraded to a deluxe room

A very comfortable stay in a fabulous hotel in a fantastic location
    • Superior Room

this room requires power socket outlets on either side of the bed that are accessible and continuously powered. Also the bathrobe was dirty, marked on the inside by ladies make up.

We were in room 313, this is a lovely room, clean and fresh as it seemed to be freshly decorated.

Ok to stay but not luxury
    • Superior Room

Hotel is aged and it has some issues with heating and cooling and the central controls are difficult to use and slow.

The staff is very friendly and smart.

Great restaurants and fabulous location.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It claims to be a non-smoking hotel yet our room stank of smoke the whole time. Staff refused to admit that it smelt of smoke or that anyone around was smoking. Stayed in an apartment and it needed maintenance - tap broke, light fell out, it reeked of smoke, phone stopped working numerous times, drawer fell out. Bed's were hard.

Great restaurants and fabulous location. Pool great too.

Excellent hotel, well worth it.
    • Superior Room

Bed was a bit soft but we always prefer a firmer mattress, and during the Friday brunch, the musicians music was too loud making normal conversation a bit of a problem. Minor issues only.

Check-in was easy and quick. Staff are polite and efficient. Facilities are excellent and with a number of restaurants on site, you are spoilt for choice. Located in an excellent area, as just a block away is the most awesome restaurant complex with so many diifferent restaurants.

Ok for what we needed
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Rooms are dated and mine had a lamp that was blinking like a strobe light, the televisions all three did not work and when set up they were horrible connection and did not replace all the items in the bathroom after cleaning.

The amount of options for food and activities.

It was a recommendation.
    • Superior Room

It was a recommendation. The bed sheets had stains on them that looked like blood or maybe red wine, they moved me to another room and said that I was upgraded to a higher rate room. To me I was simply moved to a another building, no significant room size or quality because I found a mysterious bug on my son's pillow. Moreover, the room services food was below average for a hotel that is one of the first hotels in Bahrain, it was my first and last time I well go back to either Four seasons, The Ritz.

Browse Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention & Spa traveller photo gallery