Reviews of InterContinental Regency Bahrain 5 stars

King Faisal Highway, Manama, Bahrain

#9 of 154 hotels in Manama

• Standard King Room

Renovation noise, cramped room, no room ventilation (windows closed by management), valet parking staff put car under the sun and don’t care, RS food is too expensive compared to its quality.

Nothing special except some polite staff.

• Standard Room

Our room’s bathroom drain overflowed when the bath water was running our.

It was super clean, staff are extremely helpful and friendly, great breakfast.

• Club Level King Room - Smoking

Nothing really

Great location in the heart of Manama. Excellent rooftop pool with gym. Most friendly staff. Pleasant lounge. Good breakfast. Within 3 minutes walking distance of the vivid center of Manama with its narrow alleyways and souks.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

a bath tub in the bathroom

we were celebrating my husbands birthday. the staff surprised us with a lovely card and some balloons and a small chocolate cake that tasted like heaven! in the morning, I was delighted to find decaf coffee and vegan milk available at the restaurant for breakfast! more over, they were the first I saw making eggs with spinach omelets!! superb!

• Standard King Room

Super comfortable bed, great pool, very central location. Exactly what I wanted for a business trip alone. My flight home was really late and the reception team were able to offer me a late checkout until 5pm as the hotel wasn't too busy. The room service was delicious and presented beautifully, the shower was powerful and one of the best I've had in a hotel. I will be recommending anyone I know to stay here if they visit Bahrain and I will defiantly be back.

• Standard King Room

No all bathroom amenities main items like tooth brush, paste were not available. Facilities are not up to 5 star, I used to get more facilities when I stay in 4 star hotels. Briefing of hotel facilities was not done. Poor table service during breakfast. During check out staff was not friendly. Next time I will not prefer to stay.

Friendly staff during check in. Good ambiance. Comfortable Bed.

• Standard King Room

I book the room on booking.com with bathtub. but I was offered a room without a tub, I ask to change the room but the staff at the reception told me that they have no room available with bathtub.

Room is Very clean and the bed is comfortanle

• Standard King Room

Excellent quality breakfast...Great service all around...when asked to have my pillows and blankets changed into non-allergenic ones they did it in no time....comfortable bed...quiet room...retractable clothes line available in the bathroom... great bar by the poolside which hosted a salsa night on Friday...which was super fun!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The check in staff were very good and very accommodating. Apparently booking.com didn't provide the non-smoking room reservation to the hotel so they put us in a smoking room. Once we asked to move they managed to accomodate us even though there was 100% occupancy!

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bed like cloud. Ambiance was good. Breakfast was not up to our expectations. Noise from nearby room was disturbing. However, our stay was a pleasant one

• Standard King Room

Staff were excellent. Breakfast was varied and service was great. The choice of 2 outdoor pools was a surprise bonus. Gym was impressive for a hotel gym with most things available to complete a full week program. Bottled water was complimentary in the rooms and throughout most of the hotel.

Nothing at all.

The hotel location is in the heart of Manama and the closest to Bab albahrain. Recently renovated and great staff. The lobby is huge and very nice. The rooms are very cozy. I like to have authentic bahraini breakfast and food which is just 3 mns walk from the hotel. I relly enjoy my stay in this hotel and this is my second stay in the hotel and i will definitely stay in every time i go to bahrain.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I would love to have a free breakfast with the room rate ..specially with the competitive resturants around Bab alBahrain area.

Quick response to any request. Professional service from each member we met there Our car window stuck as we could not close it but the man who was responsible of handling the cars assisted us to fix it and offered a perfect car parking. Thanks alot

• Deluxe Twin Room

Patheroom size. My room wasn't ready and I had to wait for 30 minutes until they cleaned my rooom. Employees in the front disck were not trained enough to deal with customers!! I'll never come back ...

Room size. Smell of the entire property. Location.

• Standard Room

The breakfast had a fantastic selection, the staff were very friendly and helpful with the most comfortable beds in the rooms. Any easy walk to the Souq via the Bab al Bahrain.

• Standard King Room

There was a power breakdown which lasted hours and it was very hot in the room and hotel.

Polite and friendly staff, clean, speedy wifi, free parking, nice breakfast, reasonably good pool.

• Standard King Room

The bedrooms were too humid inside and there was smell because of it!

It ok for a quick family break, location was amazing - in the middle of everything! Price was very good especially that it was during Eid Break!

• Standard King Room

Pool located on different levels is a bit inconvenient. There's a general lack of outdoor space as the pool area's close fairly early.

Concierge services were excellent. Support staff were key to the success of our event in the Riffa Hall

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I waited for 30 minutes by the pool before the waiter offered the menu; and waited for another 20 minutes to get the bill. Pool service was bad, and the pool wasn't deep 1.35 meters. They clean rooms at midnight, and for two consecutive nights I woke up for that noise, which irritated me; knowing that while checking in I asked for a quite room. Services received were bad comparing to the room rate paid...

I liked how clean the place was, reception staff and security are very friendly

• Standard King Room

- The swimming pool was not as expected in terms of size, location and view. It was more to be good for the kids. - I didn't feel the breakfast had many options. The breakfast at other hotels that I tried before had more options. - I also felt that the price was high compared to other hotels from my experience. However, again, I am really thankful to the staff for the special treatment and the hospitality. We liked the smiles on their faces.

Everything in general was good. I informed them it is a honeymoon, and I liked the special setup they did. it was great. :)

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Standard King Room

security guy at the gate was very careless and he kept the belt running till the laptob pag was fallen down and the laptob was broken and one perfuim too. i was very mad due to this ....

Sadek Khalifa was very nice with us during the check in and check out....this guy is very helpful and a good listener to your complain....

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Standard Room

The bed matress was the most uncomfortable and unhealthy. I woke up several times during my sleep due to neck-back pain and had to change position constantly during the night. I wish they could consider this issue and try to solve it.

Perfect location . Good facilities.

• Standard King Room

Staff were really friendly, helpful and accommodating. We were able to have a later checkout with no problems at all. The hotel band were also really good. It was nice to have live music at the accommodation. The venue was also close to the souk.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Staff manners Cleaning Food Privacy And many things

U should have asked what I didn't like And my answer will be nothing cos everything was excellent

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Standard Room

Friendly staff, beautiful hotel, nice location and quality food. But I liked most that the elevators needed a card to operate. Meaning that the working girls, IF they managed to enter the hotel, cannot get up to your room to bother you in the middle of the night. Very good!

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

didn't stay long enough.

I was celebrating my wife's birthday and once checked in found a bouquet of flowers and a birthday cake with birthday wishes to my wife in the room, that's priceless, thank you intercont staff.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Bathroom design could be better...taking shower tends to 'flood' the bathroom floor.

Location is excellent, next to Bahrain souq and to financial centre. Service very good throughout.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard King Room

The facilities in the room were quite old. The photos of the hotel on booking.com were misleading. The shower head in the bathroom was broken.

The staff were attentive. Helped in celebrating my boyfriend's birthday over the weekend

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Standard King Room

Out door Pool isn't heated enough on winter days

Great services from staffs..excellent buffet with many options....great place to relax and to spend intimate time with your spouse.

• Standard Room

I notified the hotel that I celebrated my wedding anniversary 15 surprise for my wife 15 and I want to decorate the room to surprise my wife but unfortunately they start of the processing room the moment we arrived. AC not working . During breakfast, they brought me an empty cup water,It was dirty and I told the manager at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Standard Room

The door for the room doesn't stop the noise in the corridor so noisy. Plus you can hear the noise of the cars outside coming from the windows.

Staff and location

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

No complaints!!!

I would like to thank the entire staff of the Intercontinental Bahrain, it is just exceptionally! For me the InterConti in Manama is the best I know of just a bit bevore the InterConti in Vienna. THANK YOU, I’ll BE BACK Dieter Mathis

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard King Room

The taxi drivers that the hotel would ring, I had the same one twice, would try to get extra money out of you sprouting some excuse or reason.

Staff were very helpful and friendly, especially Sadiq on reception. Also the comfort of the room was brilliant.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard King Room

the facilities is very poor , i have stayed more till 6 pm to check in. and i have just get 20 BD out of 230 BD as discount just for sleeping night. Nothing attractive at the pool or gem no music or guard can help the child. it is just hotels for eating & sleeping no any other activity can help you to enjoy your stay.

the food is good and it is clean place

• Standard Room

The location ... you are not in Bahrain ... you aer in India!!

Everything was fantastic in this hotel ... the bed is the most fantastic thing its help you making more love... hahaha

• Standard King Room

We were a family of 4 and thought the room was a bit on the small side even though we had been upgraded to a deluxe. Spare bed provided for our son had minimum bedding. Some parts of the hotel feel a bit dated.

Very friendly and professional staff especially at reception desk. Nice pool not too crowded. Good breakfast (although expensive, but probably standard price for 5 star hotel). Good central location. Good wifi.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard King Room

I travel frequently for work and I have never experienced a staff as friendly as they are here. They have made quite an impression, so much so that I continue to stay at IGH properties often.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Standard Room

Since the hotel is not completely renovated and still is going under renovation, some noise from able, but we have been told before hand. So it was not a surprise.

The renovation are really nice, modern professional business look to it. Location is superb, can't get any better.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Standard King Room

We were there during Ramadan so we didn't experience all of the dining facilities

Great pool at the Spa. Very enjoyable spa treatments and very professional service too.

Evry thing was awsom

Parking is hectic.

Lobby, staff, bathroom, hot shower, cleanliness

Grat

Nice hotel

Very good

Good loca6

Great breakfast Excellent concerige service Easy check in/out

• Standard King Room

Facility is a little bit old but it is still satisfied.

Everything is fine.

Very nice

Old furnisher and re

• Standard King Room

Welcoming staff. Free valet parking.

The services were not up to expectation for this 5 satr hotel

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

They didnt give us the exact kings bed as we booked. But they gave us something in return.

Everything is clean and tidy and perfict

Everything fine

• Standard King Room

Over over the price as per the agreement

Greedy

Cost

excellent location

excellent services

• Club Level King Room - Smoking

Old furniture

Staff

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Very dark bedroom because of small windows

Location. Near walkable areas in centre. Nice staff

• Standard King Room

The voice from the next door

Windows can't be opened!

Very good breakfast with fresh juices, omelette. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Standard King Room

Location near old market and in the middle of manama

Taxes

Good humoured staff

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

spa and pool

• Standard King Room

The breakfast was amazing and the staff were very friendly. The bed was very comfortable.

• Standard King Room

Nice hotel, I believe this on of the best in Bahrain

• Standard King Room

Corporate agreement was not informed prior to booking

Central location, close to main spots

Room was a little dated

Plenty of free water supplied

thanks

staff are very nice helpful, wonderful breakfast on the swimming pool.

• Standard King Room

Cost of Room Service Proseccco !

Highlight for me was the attentive staff - superb!

• Standard Room

I didn’t get my IHG reward points due to my booking through booking.com!

Friendly staff especially Mustafa in front office

Unclean and old items

Unprofessional billing sys No 5 star at all

Wow

Cleaning of rooms

• Standard King Room

The breakfast could have been better.

Earlier opening of pool

Friendly helpful staff. Excellent choice of restaurants serving great food.

Browse InterContinental Regency Bahrain traveller photo gallery