Reviews of Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort 4 stars

121 Sh. Hamad Causeway, Manama, Bahrain

#70 of 154 hotels in Manama

The view of our room 1128 (beach view) was blocked by 2 trees. The furniture don't fit with the interior and exterior oriental design.

Al Dana Resort is a nice place to be, we enjoy our stay there as a family. the location is superb and it is near many important sites that it should be visited during your stay in Bahrain. the staff are super nice and helpful, breakfast was very good and rich. the rooms are very clean and neat.

The service was bad, it was not clean, and we were forced to pay extra due to their mistames even though we were told that it was paid for completely.

The breakfast

Everything is spoiled by Ronny (reception boy). He will take an extra pay for early check-in, though a free one was promissed before. He will suddenly and accidentially block your room key-card if he makes a mistake in calculations and it seems to him that your deposit is over. He will be waiting for you come to the reception desk in a wet swimsuit and tell him that something's wrong with your key-card. And you will have to explain him his mistakes for at least 15 minutes, if you want to get into your room, of course. And at the end of your journey he will, for sure, try to take double for a tranfer to the airport by a hotel car. If you are lucky enough and manage to arrange good relations with other staff members, then you will be able to neutralize him, at least partially.

Good location, comfortable arrangement of the hotel, amazing waterpool with a separate area for children, cosy beach, good restaurants with perfect selection of seafood and drinks. Our room was nice and spacious. We were impressed by the restaurants' manager and the senior chef. They do their job very professionally and work with feeling. Pool guards (real Baywatch Hawaii) are very attentive and professional. Staff as a whole are very friendly, ready to help and give you good recommendations.

Some jellyfish in the beach water, and sometimes the air-conditioning was little bit too cold. I neither didn't obtained answer from the hotel for my question about the own risk to swim in the beach. I guess it is because there is no safeguard, but I suspected pollution. It is important to communicate with the clients in order to dissipate such thoughts.

The place is wonderful! We were previously accomodated at the hotel besides of this hotel, and we saw it by the window and came to visit. We enjoyed the arab architecture which gives the hotel its characteristic personality that makes it different from others. Then we decided to accomodate in this hotel in our next stay in Manama. And it was really worthwile. We enjoyed it so much! The only problem was that our visit was during the Ramadan and only one restaurant was open (however, excellent). Because of the Ramadan drinks were also available only by room service. However, it was also quiet, and peaceful, which made it perfect place for rest what we were needing of. The staff is very gentle and attentious. This will be certainly the place where we will stay in our next visits to Manama, too.

As a usual resident in Novotel Bahrain, the hospitality & clear information given by Novotel receptionist is excellent, i like the well organized preparation of everything in this place, the location is actually the best in Bahrain close to the city malls & to Juffair which are the two main locations of my visits

Outstanding staff performance and overall hygiene.

Loved the place ever since my first visit up till this day. Keep up the hard work and strive for continual excellence.

• Superior Twin Room

First room was smelly but we were instantly given another room. Initially we were placed in rooms separate to our group but that was also sorted out.

Comfy beds, great staff, excellent pool and food was fantastic!

The room has cigarette smell even though it was non-smoking room! The reception guy answered the phone while I am front of him, I kindly asked him to finish the phone call and complete my check-in. Even though every room have its parking lot in the front of the unit, but unfortunately all of them were busy by SOMEONE! so I had to go for a Long walk to reach my room.

Very beautiful sea view and nice pool.

Being on the sea front, there are a large number of jet skiers about. When it became dark this also ceased.

The location of the hotel to downtown Manama is perfect. A taxi from here into town was just BD 3.500 😁

Check-in process is stressful and chaotic. We were unable to check-in to our room until 4.30pm despite check-in being at 3.00pm. With young children this is not very helpful. The room did not have a sofa bed as stipulated and following numerous requests to reception, we finally received a spare bed at 8.30pm. Shower areas and toilet areas around the pool could do with some renovation and cleaning.

The pool and beach are the main attraction of this hotel.

It was unfortunate to stay in such resort..I stayed one night with my family and discovered stained bloods on bed sheets and quilts even those backup in drawers/ staff actions were below expectations and I’ve raised it up to global management I did find as well that I was unable to let all family members to have breakfast although the two rooms under same rate and dinning staff didn’t allow me step in since I had my reservation thru booking ?? The resort has so many corridors and lanes with CCTV for the security matter which made the resort unsafe at night.. I’ll ever never repeat staying in Novotel Manama and I don’t recommend others spending their money for such unworthy place. Cost per night was DH 157 Nasser

Staff room furniture We’ve asked for non-smoking room but unfortunately they didn’t commit to our request The breakfast was below our expectations

Only the pool

The room wasn’t clean as i expected, no carpet on the room at all, no praying mat as well The TV doesn’t have much of kids channels and kids playroom was full of mosquito The massage room is lower than average and the gym needs maintenance

It is organized and the idea of the resort is great , The room door was heavy which great so kids don’t open it more often The kids pool is great and life guard is ready all the time The service on the breakfast was ok but slow little bit as i was sitting outside near pool and might not see me all the time

• Superior Twin Room

Check in is very late (3 pm) while check out is still 12 pm, room service refused to give us new water bottles at 11 am before checking out.

Location, facilities and privacy. Perfect for a group trip.

There was no iron, and the reception couldn’t find an adapter. Plus the receptionist was very rude. To top that off check in was 3 pm but they gave us the room at 5:30. Overall stay was much better a few year ago.

spacious room - bigger than it looks

The beach was blocked for families to enter due to DG party not suitable for kids to sit and watch.. even in the swimming pool we were instructed NOT to have our coffee however we have bought from the Restraunt some sweet and fruits! But they don't have Arabic coffee!! This is not my first time .. it used to be great place but not anymore .. certainly there are an areas for improvements in regards to staff attitude and hotel policy toward Arabic coffee..! By the way, one of the staff offered my family a suit for FREE then he changed his mind to be 50% less price then he said you can have late check out at 20:00hrs (Egyptian Staff) looooool If you need to check please contact me

Sofa beds for the children really need to be replaced, Extra single mattress is provided for comfort but this is not suitable for 2 children, 4 year old had to sleep in with us. would love to see them replaced with a proper sized double sofa bed please! Junior Suite over looking pool area was more than big enough for family of 4.

Friendly staff, always quick check-in. kids love the beach.

The staff. This was my third stay. The staff are the reason that I keep returning. They are so helpful, efficient, and friendly. From the moment I walk into the reception, I feel as if I am returning home. The restaurant staff somehow manage to remember my orders from previous visits. The porters, lifeguards, and cleaning staff ask after my family members. I cannot recommend the people who work at this beautiful resort highly enough. They are true quality people!

The Bed sheets were not clean, they had stains, as well as one of the quilts. The chaise-longs by the pool seams old and are due for replacement.

At night they had a party at the beach which was a surprise to the family. The Breakfast was great, I loved the option of taking the breakfast by the pool.

• Superior Twin Room

We were at this resort for 4 days for holiday with my mother. The staff made our experience truly unforgettable. Mr Hamid is a very kind and helpful general manager and he responded to our feedback instantly. Mr Hussain at the front desk, chef Ali Ismail and Ruya made us feel very special. We were offered a larger room and given a special breakfast following our feedbacks. The seafood restaurant La Perle offered us an amazing dinner. I hope to come again with my family in the future, thank you for this amazing holiday!

The beach is good, the sand area is okay but the sea itself is not that clean.

The swimming pool is amazing and can be so much fun. I have enjoyed my stay and so did my family. The room is clean and neat. The staff are nice and helpful. The breakfast has a good variety of food, which is good. The room service food is very good, although a bit pricey.

• Superior Twin Room

That we couldn't check out a little later

I came in very exhausted and ready for my room at 2:30 PM. Check in is at 3 PM. The receptionist recognized how tired I was and was very accommodating. He found me a room to check in to in no time. When I came to check out, he remembered my name and asked if I was feeling better. I've been choosing Novotel for the last 10 years, I highly recommend it. It is cozy, low key and has a great pool!

• Superior Twin Room

Resort could have been cleaner. Some parts of it were sectioned off and either under refurbishment or just left derelict. When the resort got busy, the service was slow.

Nice resort layout. Excellent pool. Good location. Food from the main restaurant was delicious.

Its a beach hotel , which combines the informal atmosphere with very good service . Its location near sea plus its architectural design inspired from local culture gives the guest a very special experience

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were super friendly. The kids loved the swimming pool and the environment around was perfect. The kids and I loved the breakfast, there were a great collection.

Need to modernize and improve the maintainment of the whole facility

Beach is nice but quite small and closed, rooms are spacious, but require maintenance

Room was right next to the neighbouring hotel bar. Really loud music till the early hours. Not good when my children were trying to sleep. Room was very small and no balcony. Pool area was nice but very crowded. Not enough loungers

Staff were helpful. The pool area was nice.

We were booked for an overnight stay but upon check-in time, we coordinated with the reception to extend our stay for 2 nights. The next day we were locked outside our room because we have to settle our dues first before re-issuing us with an updated key card.

My 2 kids liked the swimming pool and playground.

• Deluxe King Suite with Two King Beds (3 Adults)

Beach towels not available, tv remote not working, reception staff not welcoming

Reasonable breakfast, staff behaviour much better at breakfast restaurant, house keeping quick response

- The buffet at Mediterranean restaurant was expensive and nothing special. - People were smoking from inside the swimming pool.

Fast wifi, helpful staff, quick service.

Regarding the furniture, i feel that it don't fit with the interior and exterior oriental design. they will deactivate the card key on check out i had to go to reception to activate it again to take my staff from the room.

Al Dana Resort is a nice place to be, we enjoy our stay there as a family. the location is superb and it is near many important sites that it should be visited during your stay in Bahrain. The staff were super nice and helpful, breakfast was very good and rich. The rooms are very clean and neat, we had the view of the beach as you can see in the attached photo.

Bath available, but not functional due to duct. Shortage of sockets. No ventilation in the bathroom. And when you claim it you will see progressing eyes of the staff. But I would prefer not to meet these "bagatelles" in case a price like that,

The architecture is excellent. The layout and design seem as masterpiece up to the details. The pool is brilliant (design again) for an user. Helpful staff in restaurant. Private beach.

The loopy between rooms is empty, I wish to fill it with some decorations or some sitting. More chairs on the beach. The space of the beach is narrow, I wish to make it wide.

The privacy, restaurants and the location.

• Superior Twin Room

Not at all a friendly atmosphere. Even to get creamer, i waited for an hour and had to go out to get my Coffee. Even if you order coffee, first thing that they ask you is cash payment /card payment. Even at Pool bar, they cant charge the amount to my room, they were asking for cash/card.

It was so noisy because a lot of people made a lot if party. After calling the reception 5 times they still couldn‘t manage to calm down the other guests.

Nicest facilities with Pool and Beach. Great Breakfast!

Old rooms, tiled floor, small and old bathrooms, no water pressure in shower, moldy smell in rooms. Would not recommend. Service was slow and I had the most unfriendly wise ass receptionist that checked me in. It was borderline rude.

The pool and the pool bar were nice.

I am a Gold Class member in Le Accor club membership. But still I was told that I could not avail the benefits of Gold Class since I booked through Booking.com !! I tried to reason with the reception that , I am still a gold class member due to my previous points which I have accumulated till now and entitled to use those points, but they would not listen. What is the point in accumulating points and staying loyal to the brand if they cannot give you the preferred service for the Loyalty Apart from this incident , the stay was comfortable and nice. the staff was nice too.

The bed was very stiff, and when I asked for an ice bucket the server was a bit rude and said he would be charging me for ice...which is strange and unusual. Otherwise it was great. the activities offered were nice, it was quiet and enjoyable.

The bed was very stiff, which was my only real issue. Otherwise it was great. the activities offered were nice, it was quiet and enjoyable.

The room door was so narrow i had to open both sides to get the luggage in and out. Also the auto shutter was so powerful it made opening the door a tough task and sometime slams the door in your face on the way out.

Everything. The place is fabulous. The view is enchanting. Service is great. Facilities are awesome. I have not tried the restaurant, so i cannot rate it.

You could hear people above and outside our rooms. I woke up a couple of times as there was babies crying and I could hear people outside our room

Having the beach and being able to look out at it from our room. They also provide you with the best beach towels. The shower has to be one of the best showers I’ve ever used.

Tv is small, I don’t know why slippers is not already in the room and I have to call for it also lotion and conditioner and u guys don’t have bath robe?

Room was big, room service food was good

• Superior Twin Room

The receptionist was angery and shouting badly to his colleagues in the phone and radio. We had to call for slippers & towels. The staff’s radio is too loud and which is not accepted. We came to the hotel for relaxation and for quite place

The design of the hotel was so beautiful. The room service are very fast. Awesome swimming pool.

The general cleanliness was poor. There was odor in the room and enough toiletries and other consumables were not there. Mainly the mini bar was empty

• Superior Twin Room

more cleanliness esp towels television set was not working properly(dim screen)

v good breakfast comfortable beds very pleasant and helpful staff, food ordered thru room service was v good

For the price, I would say that some things about it were just "nice" rather than "luxurious." The day we were there, the indoor jacuzzi could have been cleaner.

Very comfortable beds, enjoyable pool and dry sauna. Nice little slice of the beach. It is by a major road, but it is set back enough that going there definitely feels like a getaway.

Rooms could probably do with an uplift.

The amazing staff from the front desk to the restaurants. Special thanks to Mr Alaa (reception), Ms Diana and Ms Cathy (restaurant). all staff were professional, courteous, friendly and nothing was too much to ask.

Bathroom a bit worn out. Had to ask many times for more towels, we were 3 and there were only 2. The same repeated the next day after cleaning staff had passed.

Nice surroundings for the pool, good location if you have a car. Good breakfast.

The beach could be more improved sea water is not so clean may be over price

The place is clean amusing you dont feel bored friday activities is fun on the beach there is band food festivals for thai indian and arabic food The place is suitable for families and singles

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were incompetent. They have so many hidden costs that I ended up paying $100 US Dollars more everything.

Beautiful place in the heart of Bahrain. The exotic sea views were beautiful and memorable.

Cleanliness. I found some stains on our bed sheets and curtains. The beach is very dirty and polluted. They should have professionals responsible for cleaning the beach and care about the environment.

I loved the friendliness of the staff. The waiters were so sweet & helpful. There were some vegan options in their buffet. They aren't aware of the vegan diet, but have vegetarian-friendly options.

Having to go back home and to work after our holiday !!

Our second time spending a week long holiday here, fantastic place !! Staff, food, cleanliness, facilities......everything !!

• Superior Twin Room

The staff were not helpful at all, service was really bad. The dont try to help u at all. Room service ditched me a couple of times. Requesting some stuff from house keeping and they simply answer i dont know

i didn't get a room which i requested upon arrivail, but next day i got it the hotel management is nice they arrange it on next day, and i was very happy

great place for fun :)

Our room had the faint smell of mold in it that went un noticed most of the time. Parking was tough at times and we would have to walk from the other side of the hotel to get to our room.

Pork bacon was available on request and the pool bar opened in the morning(before 10). the lounge above the seafood restaurant had wonderful comfortable couches for seating and good food.

Check in at 15:00 ?! Check out at 12:00 should be at least 14:00 plus they didn’t give me a room with beach view. It’s nice in work day not in holidays.

The design and decoration very traditional, swimming pool, balcony and the beach.

1-Staff was not friendly towards my children 2- I was charged same rate for two different sized rooms 3-hotel apparently does not have enough towels to cater to its guests at pool or rooms 4-received by snobby front desk 5- in one room, the sofa bed cannot be opened due to lack of space. After I rearranged the room and opened the sofa bed it turned out to be bent out of shape. And the A/C would drip water over the TV set. Not pleasant stay at all. Fridge barely cooled our water bottles.

The kids club just doesn't exist even if they announce it everywhere. We were there already one year ago, and the same back then... The room service is very slow, it took them several hours to get extra towels to our room. There is no sound-proofing in the rooms, so you can hear even the steps from the room above.

Excellent when travelling with kids - big pool area with a bar is fantastic, and there is also a small beach. Breakfast is good, and the price and quality meet at Novotel.

• Superior Twin Room

Room needs more lights especially the hallway. Not much English channels. Not much variety for breakfast, it's the same everyday but overall okay.

Location, staff and pool.

leaving

loved the pool, kids more than me though loved the beach more than the kids loved the kayak, kids loved the SUPaddling loved the breakfast, so did the kids

a) The breakfast restaurant 'Zaytoun' couldn't accommodate the guests and most of the guests had to wait every time they entered into restaurant for the table b) Also size of the restaurant chosen for break fast was very small c) Quality /variety of cooked food was not good - foul (arabic breakfast meal) was not good at all ... d) Fruits and bakery ingredients were very cooked and good variety

We likes the Pool for the kids, however needs to be open till late midnight so the guests when it comes to children can enjoy more as during the day adults like the sun for tanning, however infants/ children cannot bear the delays.

• Superior Twin Room

1) The shower head was too low, resulting with having to bend ones head to wash your hair. 2) They offered uncooked quinoa on the breakfast table as a health option. I tried for 3 days explaining the Chefs that quinoa must be cooked first before eating. It was hopeless. 3) One could not enjoy a beer or glass of wine in the Air-conditioned bar as there was no smoke-free zone.The view point is great but catered for smokers only, unfortunately. 4) Due to being fully booked parking was a total disaster. Guests were parking on the narrow hotel road resulting in either having to drive over pavements to get out of the parking bay or having to reverse long distance endangering kids that may be playing or crossing. This is a serious safety concern which needs to be sorted out!!

Bed was comfortable. The breakfast fruit was enjoyable.

I asked for one hour more for my stay the reciption did not give one hour she said that all hotel fully booked Though many room was available when i checked there Room is very old furniture and not clean

I didn't like that you have to carry your own luggage to your room and the reception is short on staff.

Great hotel and great location nice swimming pool.

I was there to sit an exam at the 'business centre' but we were told by staff to walk around it to get there. We waited 45 minutes in the blistering summer sun, no water or shade outside. They knew we were there for it, sitting an exam is nervous enough let alone having to stand outside with no shade or water. Bad set up by staff at Novotel.

It was tranquil so close to the water and a lovely hotel.

The free wifi was very slow (I paid to have faster wifi). A bit pricey and crowded due to the religious holidays.

The pool and the beach were very nice. I had a suite and it was very big and clean. Breakfast was very tasty. Staff is friendly.

When we got to the hotel, I mentioned we were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. At night, they sent us a birthday cake with macarons. That was lovely!

Beds were a bit uncomfortable, sofa bed was very uncomfortable. Housekeeping was slow to clean our room each day. Far from the city centre.

The swimming pool and beach facilities

1. when i first went to the reception, there was no one available to attend me for quite some time, as i didn't expect this from a huge name like novotel,. after waiting an person came , and he ask me to show the booking page, i told him rooms booked under my name , but he struggled to look on the system. the he himself asked me about the rate which i booked it and total amount i didnt remember as asked him to look at the booking from his side, he was getting instructions on his phone ,it seems someone was guiding him for the process by looking in the camera, later he smiled and said he is just an bell boy i was shocked as he didnt do it quickly as my family was waiting outside in the car and it was late night. then again he charged me for the whole amount of 3 nights in advance without holding or informing me when i questioned him, he took to a small room and ask me to deal with guy who was suppose to be at the reception and he was relaxing in the room. 2. when i finally reached my room , the key wasn't working so had to go back all the way to him to make the key work, then when i finally entered the room , i removed my shoes and walked bare foot for a while and immediately after few minutes i notices the floor was very sticky and it showed that it hadn't been mopped for days. i look below my feet and they were so black as i was walking on a black top road barefoot. 3. there was no shampoo, soap towels at bathrooms.i had to call them , so they came after 30 minutes. which sucked . 4. i made the booking including breakfast, when i reached to do the breakfast , the staff kept asking me room number suspiciously as if im stealing the breakfast, and he came finally to me and said, iam not allowed to include my 2 children for breakfast and i will have to pay extra , i repeatedly told him they both are under 5yrs of age nad normally big hotels like these never charge for infants. 5. i had to call them and inform about room makeover 3 times every day.

nothing... it was an pathetic experience full of unprofessional staff

The parking area for the normal toom were used by outsiders and is not enough for the room owners .which will lead to park outside and walk a distance to the room ....as for the room tge bathroom have only shampoo but the kit is not avialable ...

The swimming pool is accessible and enjoyable for families and all ages . The room is clean and and comfortable

• Superior Twin Room

The reception staff were always busy and not ready to help right away. Free internet is super slow. You have to pay for good internet. I had to visit reception 3 times just to renew my kry card which is quite annoying.

the only thing i didn't like the parking area near the gate , it was far and the valet staff didn't provide any golf cart or help" the front gate acsess is a nightmare " where you going which room ... etc " just issue a gate pass to each car.

over all it was a nice place for the family " they enjoyed it so who am i to say no it wasn't great" 😃

The toilets are dirty; the room furniture is old, the hotel is tooooooo noisy. Kids are screaming in the pool and beach. We couldn't sleep.

Extra aminties are not available and should be as per request such as shaver, rob..... Steamer iron not available even we have requested many time. No activities at beach at least DJ, Boat, Jetski..lights inside rooms is fair. Banio is too high with glasses board as obstacle.

Beach, breakfast, parking, view.

The told me that there will be a water cut !! Imagin no water in 5 stars hotel .. came and no one to pick my bag a had to do it my self . Reception gave me the key in a hotel envelope and didn't even direct me to the room just pointed to the door ! Actually I think it was more of 2 stars hotel than a real Novotel hotel and I feel so sorry for the place that it came to this point! Used to be an amazing hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The hotel is under construction, the pool is out of service, only one restaurant is open and the food is not good. The room was quite dirty and the furniture is kind of old.

The beach is really nice and calm. We had a room with a balcony, so we had a nice sea view. The staff was very kind to us.

Browse Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort traveller photo gallery