2. Bolivia hotel reviews
  3. La Paz Region hotel reviews
  4. La Paz hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hotel Rosario La Paz

Reviews of Hotel Rosario La Paz This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Av. Illampu, 704, Downtown La Paz, 0016 La Paz, Bolivia

#14 of 88 hotels in La Paz

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

It was great staying at this hotel.

It was great staying at this hotel. Friendly staff, nicely cleaned rooms, well-organized services like breakfast buffet, laundry services and taxi reservation. I’d highly recommend to stay here!

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

It was great staying at this hotel.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

A comfortable hotel

Would have been nice to have a wider range of breakfast options.

The hotel was filled with Bolivian artifacts around the common areas and the rooms which was really nice. Within walking distance from the famous Witches Markets. Rooms and common areas cleaned well daily.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Comfortable with delicious food and great location

The breakfast was great with a good selection of breads, fruit, cereals, yogurt, eggs and a mix of cubed fried potatoes and onions. Also freshly squeezed juices and coffee and tea. The hotel was nicely decorated with pieces reflecting the local culture. The location was handy to all the hot spots within walking distance. Staff were great and always helpful. We also used their laundry service with clothes returned fresh and clean that same day. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

Lovely boutique colonial style hotel.

Lovely boutique colonial style hotel. Very comfortable, shows off local artwork. It’s quiet, well located and presents a good breakfast each day. We would certainly stay at this venue again if returning to La Paz. Staff extremely helpful and great to have a tour agency in the hotel.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

One night in la paz

The hotel is on a busy main street, but had a tranquil courtyard in the middle where you could barely tell you were in the city. Staff were super vigilant about safety including showing us to a cash point immediately outside the hotel. Would happily stay again.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Staff was very helpful and polite .

Staff was very helpful and polite . Our first room was a bit smelly and they immediately changed us to a better room. Whatever we need they were there for us . It was my birthday and they prepared a surprise in the room as per my boyfriends request . Food for breakfast is also good . It is most probably the best hotel if you want to stay in this area . Thanks for an amazing service :)

• Reviewed: December 7, 2018

Central but was left with no water

There was no water when I got back to my room at night. It supposedly came back at midnight but when I turned on the taps the next morning, there was no water again. Although it was apparently a neighbourhood wide issue, this was extremely annoying as I could not shower the night before or the morning after before I checked out. Not sure if the water issue is a regular occurrence but perhaps something to consider. Also bring ear plugs if you get a room facing the street as it gets a lot of foot and road traffic even at 1 in the morning

Location is as central as you can get. Decent sized room which did its job in providing a good night sleep

Comfortable central hub to explore La Paz

The breakfast buffet had fresh fruit and croissants. The rooms were crisp, clean and decorated with local handcrafted artworks. The staff went above and beyond with advice and assistance. I felt safe and secure with 24 hour staff and security and bag storage.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Very nice colonial style hotel in the heart of all the...

Very nice colonial style hotel in the heart of all the attractions of la Paz. Very friendly staff that enabled a late check-out and all other organizational requests. Would highly recommend!

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Decoration of the common areas is really pretty.
    • Family Room

The hotel should improve the curtains as rooms gets really bright after sunrise. Same as sound In the 306 room there is a space - like a kitchen - but it looks unfinished. Amenities in the room definitely should be improved. Soap is really bad as it’s too small, makes no foam.

Decoration of the common areas is really pretty. Breakfast. staff was so friendly

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

very nice hotel, a true heaven in the hassle of La Paz.

Rooms on Illampu street are to be avoided as noisy. The tourist agency in the lobby may be expensive.

very nice hotel, a true heaven in the hassle of La Paz. They are very helpful and the hotel provides any comfort. Airport shuttle interesting and reliable, as weel as hotel taxis

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Very clean and quiet.

The restaurant run out of breakfast very early and no more food was supplied, not fair for those who did not woke up early. I think it is pricy for Bolivia and other nicer hotels.

Very clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Great hotel, comfortable rooms, mostly great staff

I felt the staff on reception could have been a bit friendlier. It wasn't that they were rude but they definitely weren't helpful. I asked about laundry and was told it wouldnt be back until after I left the hotel. In previous places in South America, I would have been told about other options but that wasnt offered here. The staff on reception on the second evening (3/11) were lovely

I loved the location, the room was a lovely size and very comfortable. I also had a lovely evening at the restaurant on the Friday evening (2/11/18)- the staff were so lovely

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Wondeful Time staying here.

Clean, great smelling sheets, Prime Location, great Vegan Restaurants a few blocks away. Hotel staff friendly & helpful for last minute arrangements for airport transport.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Wrong Place!

Surrounding area are dirty with littered garbages ; don’t book transport service with the hotel or ‘gruporosario’, the rates are exorbitantly over charged ; BF is bland with little choices.

Rooms- we had 3 for our group- are reasonably livable and clean , beautiful flowers around inside balcony ; staff are so so ...

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Arrived 11pm and couldn’t find our booking ( having received...

Arrived 11pm and couldn’t find our booking ( having received all the nice welcome emails prior to arriving). Stated hotel was full.. appeared to be looking around for alternative accomodation for us. 2 hours later he found our booking on another computer & we were shown to our room at 1 am. We were given a discount next day after asking for one.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Good 1-night stay

English was a problem at times and also some of the staff were not as good/friendly as we know from other stays in Bolivia

Good hotel standard for La Paz and great location to explore the city

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

the fact that there WAS an elevator

limited access to clean drinking water. there were no bottles of water in the room. every other hotel we stayed at in Bolivia provided bottles of water in the rooms, including Hotel Rosario Lago Tticaca. the water in the shower and bathroom sink was at times not plentiful and spurted with air.

the fact that there WAS an elevator mattress comfortable

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

I loved how the hotel was decorated.

I loved how the hotel was decorated. Everywhere you looked there was some beautiful artworks that I would have loved to have in my own home. I received an email a few days before my arrival discussing getting to the hotel from the airport, money, etc. it was an added extra and was very reassuring . Helpful professional staff who were proficient in English.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Overall a good choice in La Paz.

I can't pinpoint anything in particular. After staying in Hotel Rosario in Copacabana, this one feels like there is something missing

Overall a good choice in La Paz. The location is convenient in the centre of the city. However, it can be a bit seedy in the night.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Beautiful hotel in the centre - right near the witches...

Beautiful hotel in the centre - right near the witches market. Easy walk to everywhere (though can be a little noisy at night had no issues sleeping - there was also. Festival on the days we were there) Its a lovely building with lots of lovely local art around. Beautiful courtyard to sit in. The room was spacious though the bathroom was quite small. Shower was excellent and entire place very clean. 24 hour access to hot tea and drinking water. The staff were fantastic - got sick whilst we were staying there late one night a staff member helped my husband find an open pharmacy - even went with him. Above and beyond. Also stored our bags when we had late bus.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Room was very nice.

However, my flight was late, and I missed my flight from La Paz, I sent several messages to both booking.com and the hotel, I did not get one single email back. At the end, I was told that they organised a transfer for me, although I have cancelled it several times, and ask if they could just organise it for a day later. It was so strange that I did not get any response back from neither hotel nor booking.com. I booked a taxi at the airport, and when I reached the hotel, the doors were locked, it took ages until I was able to get it. I was cold, tired, it was around 2-30 am, I did not know that the doors will be closed. Mind you, I tried to organise transfer via hotel and I said when I am coming, but nobody paid attention on that. Second, hotel restaurant was too expensive for what it offers, there are plenty restaurants nearby which offer much better food value and nicer experience. It was not the error of neither the waiters, not the chefs, they do their job well, but it was the error of the hotel management who really does not know how to match the product they offer with the price. Last bit, hair drier in the room did not work. Also, such a beautiful room deserves much nicer amenities in the room.

Room was very nice. Most of the staff were really nice, especially the gentleman who worked at the reception when I was checking out.

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Gem in the middle of the chaotic part of La Paz

It's slightly more expensive than we'd like although it's a decent hotel. While breakfast is good the quality of food at the hotel restaurant at dinner did not live up to the breakfast standard.

Absolute gem in the middle of a somewhat chaotic part of La Paz! It's all busy and polluted in the streets outside but this hotel remains calm and peaceful inside. Very friendly and helpful staff. And very good and plentiful breakfast! Huge room and with huge bed. Strong WIFI. Close to the bus terminal if you're planning to travel to/ from Uyuni. There is a tour agent at the hotel if you're looking for day trip ideas.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Perfect location and nice renovated colonial building.

Perfect location and nice renovated colonial building. Very clean and spacy room. The staff was excellent: they replied to all our questions by email before we arrived so as to help us organise our stay, helped us to book an excursion while we were there, sent us a taxi to pick us up from the airport, carried the luggage to our room, gave us a heater for the room, helped us with altitude sickness. Strong wifi signal. Dinner at the restaurant was great and the staff very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

Breakfasts and dnner in the restaurant were fabulous.

All was perfect

Breakfasts and dnner in the restaurant were fabulous. Room was quiet and in a perfect location. Staff were always pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2018

Very nice hotel in La Paz

Our bedroom (at the first floor on the street side) was a bit noisy. Also because it was just above the restaurant with the door giving on the staircase to the main hall. Unfortunately for us some (very unpolite) people thought that is ok to talk very loud and do a lot of noise at 7 am.

Perfect position: from the hotel you can easily walk to all turistic points. Staff very friendly. Amazing sitting area and buffet breakfast. Very comfortable bed and big room.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Excellent location and very helpful and friendly reception...

Some rooms noisy as you can hear other guests - but we asked to be moved and the reception staff were very helpful

Excellent location and very helpful and friendly reception staff

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Location is fantastic, rooms are a great size, nice boutique...

Location is fantastic, rooms are a great size, nice boutique style and you’d never guess you are right in the centre of La Paz in such tranquility. Breakfast took a while to get going in the morning and we were disappointed that upon checkin we were advised we could have room service only to discover when we went to order this 30mins later that this was not correct. This would not be an issue in many other cities but at 11pm in La Paz it’s not safe to go elsewhere. Further despite ordering our taxi for an early start the next morning the staff had failed to do this. If you need a comfortable one night stay in La Paz on your way through this is a good option.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Stayed at Rosario.

The agency did not help at all. We were trying to catch the city tour bus and she just point that we walked on the street and wait. Did not seem want to help. Waited for the bus over 30 mins. Walked into another hotel to ask and they told us that bus was not coming that day. That it was broken. The hotel should have known and did not. Rooms not too nice for the money. Bathroom very small.

The building seems nice colonial style. The breakfast was good The guy at the door very nice.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Overall good hotel

Location was on a street with a lot of traffic so it can be a bit noisy at times. Food in the hotel was not great.

Lovely staff. Clean and comfortable rooms. Good WiFi. Nice decor.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

The bed and pillows were one of the best I have experienced

I stayed there twice in a month. The second time was US$30 a night cheaper. I thought it was expensive for what I got the first time

The bed and pillows were one of the best I have experienced

• Reviewed: September 15, 2018

Great selection for breakfast.

Booked a taxi to pick us up from the airport but it didn't show up. Also booked one the next morning but they didn't write it down properly so we had to wait while they hailed one. Room faced main road so was quite noisy.

Great selection for breakfast. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Lovely hotel la Paz

The windows are single glazed so that if a spontaneous brass band/ fireworks start at midnight you can hear it. The hotel were good at moving people to rooms that were quietero. I preferred to go out and join the party in the street.

The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful! The hotel is an easy walk into the centre of la Paz.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Lovely hotel in a great location.

Some noise issues but that was mostly down to neighbours in the next room rather than the hotel.

Lovely hotel in a great location. Staff were very helpful and helped us to check in even though we arrived at 6 am.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Great beds, great stay

Good breakfast buffet with fresh fruit and juices. Helpful staff and very comfortable beds. Hotel is close to the 'witches market' and other touristic areas.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Great hotel, lovely staff, convenient location. Stay here!

No complaints and would happily stay again.

Charming hotel with very helpful staff and a great restaurant. Centrally located. Loved this hotel! All the staff spoke English and were very helpful with changing money, booking taxis, airport transfers etc. The restaurant was popular and served lovely meals and a lovely breakfast buffet. I visited in winter, but the room heating quickly warmed up the room.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Could have been better

Our room was very compact with a dated bathroom. I think we got a room for single use. For a boutique hotel I expected more comfort and charm. The price was not correct for our small room. The facilities are rather limited. Little space to sit down and relax.

The hotel is perfectly located to visit the old center, in the middle of the busy hussle of La Paz. Polite staff. Cosy restaurant with friendly staff and good wines.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

A gem in the heart of La Paz!

The breakfast could have had a bit more on offer, but it was very sufficient.

The hotel has charm and ambiance, great location. We loved it and wished we could have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Well located hotel, good value

A well located room in the center if La Paz. We only stayed one night since we previously staying down in Zona Sur. With 24hr staff we felt super safe and it was great having ATM access from the hotel lobby. Good value for the price too. We were happy with our stay :)

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

Large clean room,helpful friendly staff good restaurant room...

Shower rose was damaged and water came as a jet instead of a spray Other than that a little gem

Large clean room,helpful friendly staff good restaurant room had a n oil filled radiator which was good as the weather was cold Good breakfast

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

The Doona was warm.

The window had a paper thin curtain so the hall light shined in all night. There was a whopping skylight right above the bed, which lit up at dawn. Don’t stay here if you want to sleep. Also the tv didn’t work.

The Doona was warm.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Located in downtown La Paz so tours will pick you up and drop you off here/very close by.

Bathroom is quite dimly lit. Location is great for tours and it's close to most of the touristy places. However, Sopacachi is better for food and bars.

Clean and comfortable. Large beds and the family room is spacious. Breakfast included (it's a standard continental breakfast buffet though). Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Pleasant stay in La Paz

We ordered a taxi to pick us up from the airport through the hotel which did not arrive but this was a minor issue as we caught another one ourselves. The only minor point is that there was no elevator to the floor of our room and had to walk up and down a couple of floors. The porter carried our luggages for us so we did not have to.

Room was very comfortable and well sized. The breakfast was good and the restaurant also had a nice dinner menu. Location was good with most places within walking distance - staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

Great location and enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel

I had no issues with this hotel and be quite happy to stay here again. Whilst this is not a 5 star hotel, but comfortable and quiet if you have a room away from the street. If I really had to find an issue I would suggest the pillows need review - bit hard on the neck.

Location, location, location - easy walking distance of the Witches Market, good restaurants and main square. Quaintness of the colonial design of the hotel really makes it feel homely. Staff were always very helpful

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

La Paz ... Stay at Hotel Rosario a must

Cant think of a thing!

Thoughtful, supportive and welcoming staff, superb restaurant, central to many places a traveller would want to hang out, helpful advice about how to make the most of being in La Paz. Laundry services to and from hotel. We just loved being at the Hotel Rosario and it was an excellent base to explore the wonderful La Paz and surrounds over the 6 days we were there.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Great hotel, good value for money, lovely breakfast. Highly recommended.

Very nice hotel, comfortable room, plenty of hot water. Staff were friendly and helpful. Various herbal teas available 24/7 in communal lounge area. We stayed on 2 occasions in 2 different rooms. The first was nice and bright, the 2nd darker with less natural light. Hotel breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice and available from 6.30. A basic breakfast was available from 4am. Would happily recommend and stay again.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

A winner!

Excellent service from the booking right up until the check out! All of the staff were incredibly helpful and caring for the entirety of our stay. The room was warm and had everything you needed! We were able to check in early as well! The breakfast was delicious and available from 4am which was perfect for our early check out! Wifi was strong. Would definetly stay again!

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Excellent from the moment we arrived.
    • Family Room

As a family of 4 we loved the family 2-bed apartment 306 at top of hotel. Huge space and character. We decided to stay couple extra days because we were so comfortable. Sensational breakfast. Tea available all day. 24h charming helpful staff.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2018

Terrible. Had to bribe hotel to provide oxygen when extremely ill when it was suppose to be provided

On the third day I got extremely ill from altitude sickness. I asked for oxygen, which upon booking was told was provided. They said they had run out. My head felt like it was going to explode. I literally had to yell at them until they sent someone out to get me oxygen. They did not care at all. They finally charged me $40 for oxygen that was advertised as free and part of the reason you pay $100 a night in one of the cheapest places on earth. I was told most hostels have free oxygen. This was total disgraceful gouging. The showers were horrible, no pressure and cold. One the last day we had an early flight. Their breakfast is advertised as 6.30 until 9.30. At 6.45 there was stale (imagine rocks) bread rolls, no cutlery, no eggs, no milk. Actually disgusting food. There are so many other good hotel options for the same price. I would not recommend this place.

Very clean.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Really good location and attentive staff, great food included for breakfast too

Bathroom could do with an update but it has a hot shower!

Loved the detailed information on the things you need to know - how to get there etc and the nice to know - such as what you’ll see depending on the colour teleferico line you take. It’s in a superb location close to tekeferico (5 mins) and markets (1 min) and bus station (10 mins) and airport (20 mins)

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

Traditional charm!

Perhaps the busy street outside - but then you are in La Paz!!!!

Hotel Rosario is very well decorated with all things Bolivian. We loved all the decor and bought many of the things we saw at the hotel. It is very clean and beautiful. We rested well on our comfortable beds. The road outside the hotel is busy and full of vendors. It appeared to be safe though and we were comfortable walking at night. Rosario is a short walk to most of the sights, shopping, restaurants and meeting points for tours. I would definitely stay again when in La Paz.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Quirky hotel in centre of tourist area

No one was waiting at the airport even though we requested a transfer. Bathrooms were a little old fashioned.

Hotel was in the heart of the tourist centre and had loads of options for food and drink close by. Felt very safe as there was someone constantly on the door. They let us stay in the lobby after check out to wait for our night bus. Buffet breakfast had lots of choice!

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Lovely hotel, excellent location, staff and breakfast. Recommended

More drawer space in the room , no where to unpack if you were staying for several days

Excellent buffet breakfast available from 04.30am meant you could eat before travelling out on an early excursion or train to Machu Picchu

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Cute hotel in the heart of La Paz

Really like the rooms, courtyard, and breakfast! The location is near a very busy market but the taxi and staff drop you and your luggage off very quickly and professionally. We would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

Walking distance from San Francisco church and many...

The reception staff kept trying to make us join a city tour when we asked about taxis and directions to specific places. The taxi sent by the hotel to pick us up from the airport was extremely old and rickety and much more expensive than the taxis outside the airport terminal. The rooms get a lot of noise from outside.

Walking distance from San Francisco church and many restaurants, decent facilities in the room including heating, concierge was very helpful (with luggage, cabs etc) and also came to pick us up from the cab when we arrived from the airport and found the street was completely blocked by a carnival procession

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Great location, great hotel, great city

Sadly we couldn't make breakfast as we were rushed to get to the airport. I did ask for a take-away but they said it wasn't possible. Leave enough time to get to the airport and have breakfast would be my advice!

The location was amazing - as we only spend one night in La Paz it was ideal. Also we arrived at 5am following an overnight bus from the salt flats and amazingly they had a room ready for us. This was a life saver as we were able to get some kip before seeing the sights.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2018

Our experience with Hotel Rosario was exceptional from the...

Our experience with Hotel Rosario was exceptional from the beginning - at the airport. Our driver picked was waiting when we got through customs (arriving from Cusco, Peru) and took our bags immediately. On the drive to the hotel, he even pulled over for us to take pictures of the view. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. Our room was comfy and cozy, looking out into the courtyard. The breakfast was phenomenal. We booked a private city tour through the concierge and it was remarkable - definitely recommend doing this. Next time I'm in La Paz, I would no doubt stay here again.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Great little hotel, let us check in early and provide...

Great little hotel, let us check in early and provide breakfast at 3.30am when we had a early flight. Brilliant rooms, very quiet and comfortable. Loved the sun terrace. Had 24hr reception with super friendly staff. ATM in reception.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Wonderful, friendly hotel in the heart of La Paz

Some rooms are very small, dated, need refurbishing. There are a lot of wool decorations & carpets which collect dust and caused much discomfort to me & my hysband who are both allergic to dust.

Great location, middle of all the action! Very friendly staff, nice breakfast (served early if reqd).

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Attractively presented, excellent value hotel

A great hotel with an interesting aesthetic, generous sized rooms, excellent share spaces, great staff and reliable wifi. The location is excellent too as it is in an older neighbourhood, replete eith characteristics of new and old Bolivia. It also has a variety of cafes and places of interest.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Everything is great!

Nothing. If I had to find something, is our room is facing the street, which is a bit noisy. But it didn’t bother me to have a good sleep.

Everything is great! Well maintained hotel with nice ambiance. The entrance door is right beside ROSARIO church. Room is very clean with beautiful Bolivian decoration. Heater and safe box are available in the room. The restaurant offers good food with reasonable price and nice breakfast included in the room rate (I love their watermelon juice). There is a book exchange corner on 3rd floor and 2 or 3 computers. Most important, you can count on the hot shower, not very powerful but hot enough. The staff helped us to extend our check out to 12pm and booked taxi to the airport. This hotel definitely worth the money.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Läget och fina rum, bra frukost och middag.

Had to change the key everyday, the TV did not function and loud volymer from reception area during the night. It is a 10 if we hadn’t a bit unlucky I suppose.

Läget och fina rum, bra frukost och middag. Lovely La Paz made us happy even with some problems.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Great hotel, lousy tourist agency

They realy screwed us with the tiwanaku trip. They have an agency in the hotel so they were promising us the trip for 3 days and on the last day try to sell us over expensive private tour for 140usd. We went with a diferent agency that we found in the city...

The hotel is very beatiful, breakfast is ok, nothing special but is fresh

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Great location, great amenities and most importantly excellent staff.

Nothing A+

I've been in many hotels around the world but Hotel Rosario was exceptional. The attention of the staff, the helpfulness of the manager was world class. Everything from the excellent breakfast, spotless rooms and fast Wi-Fi rank this hotel as the best I've stayed in yet.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Good location, great place, clean rooms and good breakfast

Rooms being cleaned very early mornings (before 7am) upon guest checkout. Noise resonates through floor

Good location, great place, clean rooms and good breakfast

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Comfortable central hotel

Good location - near San Franscico church and witches market Tasty restaurant Airport taxi easy to organise with simple breakfast prior Comfortable quiet and well sized rooms

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Unbeatable location ito spend more time at the centre of La Paz. Very friendly staff.

The down side of being at the centre of town is that it can be noisy at night. But that is OK for us. We sleep quite well

The location is unbeatable. Right at the centre of the on-street markets. The hotel is converted from an old house and it has great style and personality. They have an early continental breakfast for people who need to check out early for flights and buses.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

A bit tacky hotel - but good value for money
    • Family Room

I had ask for feather-free bedding upfront, but there were only feather-pillows in the beds so I needed to call and ask for feather-free which they brought up about 30 min later. Our room was quite tacky with dark heavy oldstyle furniture and dusty (and yellow-stained) net curtains and drapes. The shower was leaking all over the bathroom floor. I could grab a look into some other rooms downstairs, and they looked all more modern and light.

They let us check-in early (11:30) which we did not expect but was great since my daughters felt sick. It is very close to the Whitches Market, other markets. Right in the hustle and bustle of the city. The room was big, I guess, a suite with an extra bedroom, table and bathroom. Breakfast was good - and the breakfast lady was amazingly friendly.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Excellent!

It was lovely and I needed to get up at 3:45 a.m. to get to the airport--staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They let me pack breakfast too!

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Cute hotel with a great breakfast

Only USD and Bolivianos accepted at checkout. VISA or Canadian dollars would have made checkout easier so that we didn't need to go to ATM.

Very cute hotel with lots of colonial character. The staff were very friendly, free breakfast was really good and better than most other places we stayed. Bed was very comfortable and satellite TV with english channels.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Good value for money

The room was a bit cold.

The staff was very helpful. They took time to explain us many things about the city. Better than any information point :) specially Juan Vidal. Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Extremely good location near to the major sightseeing place...

58 bolivianos extra charge on eggs we ordered during two days breakfast and we were not aware that they only offer continental breakfast and eggs were not included.

Extremely good location near to the major sightseeing place as well as the travel agencies. People were nice and small Spanish garden was nice as well.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Staffs were extremely friendly and helpful!

Staffs were extremely friendly and helpful! Breakfast was good and it offered early service at 4:30am for the guests who had early flight. Close to the witch market and San Francisco cathedral and blocks away from the tourist street where you find travel agencies and gift shops.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Localization, they let us eat breakfast earlier than...

Hotel for this prize, should have fridge in a room

Localization, they let us eat breakfast earlier than restaurant opening time due to our early hotel pick up

We Price Match