Reviews of Hotel Atlântico Copacabana 4 stars

Rua Siqueira Campos, 90, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 22031-072, Brazil

#371 of 451 hotels in Rio de Janeiro

• Standard Twin Room

I loved everything. will Book again for my next trip!!

Not my first time to stay. always great wi-fi intenet, 24/7. had a room for 4 days. always clean towels and linen each day. Great housekeeping each day. would recommend for anyone looking for great Copacabana beach vacation. Food is also very good at Breakfast. Very good English speaking front desk. And front desk is also very polite.

Everything about the hotel is old... The room had a terrible musty smell and extremely old and tatted bedding. The hotel needs a drastic upgrade... Breakfast was terrible. Please upgrade.... ASAP!!

We liked the roof pool and view from the roof.

Facilities quite old and worn down, WiFi was down most of the stay, lack of functional charging points in the reception.

Friendly staff, comfortable bed and good breakfast.

• Standard Twin Room

At my arrival there was an argument between the 2 front desk staff members and they didn’t stop because of me. The room was smelling mold and humidity, the window was opened. Very tiny bathroom and stained walls. The worst thing was the pillow cases and the sheets which were dirty, I’ve called the front desk to ask for a replacement, but the new ones were even worse than the old linen so I gave up. My mobile charger had a different power plug so I tried to ask them whether they had some sort of adaptor or a plug to lend me but the lady who answered the phone was so rude that I didn’t even want to ask for anything anymore. The following day when I arrived at the level of my room there was this strong smell of chemical product that made me dizzy, inside the room the smell was way stronger. I bumped in to a housekeeper who told me they were remodeling one do the rooms of the level so I asked them for a new room. This was the only good thing I’ve got at the hotel. At the new level they had just moped the floor and I almost fell because it was wet and slippery. Although it was a chip staying I think the least they could do was being nice and kind to the guests.

- The whole facility is old fashioned from the seventies. - The pictures on the internet are wrong. - Its not ok okay to advertise this hotel has 4 stars. - The breakfast is awful, dirty tables, warm food.

- Lovely and helpfully stuff - Located next to the Tube Station - Paid less than 30 bucks for a double room.

• Standard Twin Room

tv very old, poor wi-fi connection, poor gym.

location is the great thing, very near to the beach, staff very nice and attention, amazing breakfast, the rooms is very clean, and fabulous pool in the rooftop.

• Standard Twin Room

When I entered the room there were no towel. The air-conditioner makes an awful loud noise, like the engine of a plane. It was hard to sleep with such a loud noise and I had to use earplug. The power plug was very low voltage, it took a whole night to charge my iphone fully. The restaurant for breakfast close too early at 9 am (this should be 10 am) There were too many mosquitoes in the room. Even with the AC on I was badly bitten. The hotel should provide for mosquito vape.

The comfort of the hotel.

Old and discolor sheets , towels, pillows Not friendly recepsion staffs So noisy rooms looking traffic lights Poor internet connection especially top floors No hot water in the bathroom

Great location and clean

• Standard Triple Room

The room was ugly and the bathroom was poor- the shower for example was weak and didn't always have hot water. From the point of view of basic comfort it was satisfactory. Anything further i.e aesthetic appeal and plumbing, it was lacking. Facilities though functional (for the most part), have the sort of interface you would expect in a 70s American motel.

The beds were fine and, despite its appearance, the air conditioning did work well. Staff were affable and the one receptionist I did speak with had very good English. It was pretty cheap considering it was carnival time.

• Luxury Double Room

Many things didn’t work properly and when the staff were told they said they already knew and didn’t care. Located quite close to a favela and no warning of this was given. The rooms were no where near to the standard they should’ve been for the amount of money paid even for the time of year. Staff came in to clean the rooms even when the do not disturb/clean sign was put up on the front door.

Comfy bed

See above

Room was a good size but in need of refurbishment, still 1980’s. only one socket & no kettle facilities. This is a typical Brazilian client based hotel. Lots of children so access to the small swimming pool was limited. It’s location is good but the room photo’s must be 30 years old.

• Luxury Double Room

The air conditioner was working pretty well but it made so much noise. It was difficult to sleep, sometimes I had to turn it off. The elevator seems to be really old, it stopped working while were inside. I had to push the alarm and make noise then other people could hear us. It's a good hotel but with some old furniture and equipment.

It's a really nice hotel with a pool in the roof. There was a good breakfast. The staff is willing to help.

• Luxury Triple Room

The room was dated and breaking down, the bed was leaning backwards, no top sheet, bed was terribly uncomfortable, the wifi didn’t reach the rooms, the air con sounded like a tractor, the pool was dirty and not enough seats (2x seats), the plug socket couldn’t hold a plug in it, had to lean a chair against it to hold the plug in.

Extra unreasonable charges in the checkout bill. Had to argue to remove those charges. A hard edge made of stone right above where the pillows are placed ( too dangerous, I hit my head several times while sleeping).

No electricity socket available in the room. There was only one for the razor in the bathroom and just another one next to the entrance door which was practically useless.

• Luxury Triple Room

The hotel is very old. The bedroom has a good size for 3 people but the bathroom is uncomfortable, the shower was like a waterfall. There was no electrical outlet points for charge 3 mobile phones. The breakfast is horrible, very noise, it was not frequently supplied and all the food is was on a table without refrigeration. No fresh juice. Very expensive for what it offers.

The location is good.

Check in staff were not helpful and a gentleman was rather rude when we questioned something regarding a payable tax charge. A lady who claimed she was a ‘supervisor’ of the restaurant was extremely unhelpful and rude when asked the most simple questions. The hotel needs a big overhaul, very dated it almost smells a little musty. Good size rooms but the linen was all stained, quilt cover had holes in, we stayed from 3 nights and every night the air con unit would continue to make loud noises when turned off, hard to fall asleep. My partner is from Brazil so language barrier wasn’t a problem it just seemed the staff need to learn a little more about manners and the guests are paying to stay in that hotel, a smile and someone being polite goes a long way! Avoid staying if you’re looking for something half decent.

Locations is great, the maids and the bell boys were great but that’s as good as it gets sadly.

I would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Also think it was a 4* when it was built but dated now. Not bad for the price we paid though for Copacobana.

Location was perfect, short walk to beach and bars and restaurants on the door step.

this place is very Good !! the desk lady is very helpful also the guys too. thank you so much !the best 5 nights in Brazil a was with this beautiful Hotel. Bill Nascimento

service breakfast!

• Luxury Double Room

Improper use of Fire Doors.

Great location, excellent buffet breakfast, good prices, friendly staff. But like much of Brazil -- motorcycles zipping between lanes on the crowded highways, pedestrians dodging cars while crossing streets against red lights -- insufficient attention to safety. The hotel has sprinklings everywhere and double, self-closing, fire doors between the stairwells and guest corridors. But the fire doors are held open by hook-and-eye latches! To protect yourself you should close the fire doors on your floor. To protect others you should complain to management.

• Luxury Double Room

Some mosquitoes and cockroachs visits in bath room which is not acceptable for 4 star hotel.

Very good location if you would like to have 3 min walk to Copacabana beach. A lot of padarias (pastry places) and coffee places around. Breakfast was good also. Staff speaking English well. Thank you for our stay.

• Standard Twin Room

Food was so so and the internet of my room on the 7th floor was very weak. Also the plugs in the wall wouldn't hold my phone charger, kept falling out.

Lobby was very nice, bustling area if that is your thing.

Nothing.!! Great hotel I would definitely recommend.

The location was excellent. The staff were extremely helpful. It was spotlessly clean. It was extremely comfortable

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms are too old, it's really noisy because of the street, staff doesn't speak English clearly, the location is not comfortable to due to close favela

Actually, I like nothing

• Luxury Double Room

The most terrible room I every stayed in. I booked in for 2 nights, and had to pay for 2, but left after only one night. How this place can be rated 4 stars, is beyond me. Breakfast chaotic and very average.

Good location, opposite the metro, close to the beach

The rooms were very basic and needed an upgrade. Breakfast wasnt the best but ok, they need a toasted for the huge variety of bread. Lifts are unforgiving and will close on you!

The staff were very friendly especially Renne, he was so lovely and booked a tour for us to Christo which was also fabulous.

• Luxury Double Room

Very dated, many things went wrong (had 3 rooms!). Staff helpful in trying to sort problems though. Air con very noisy. But what can you expect for the price? Cheaper than an apartment for 7 nights. Major gripe- asked for taxi to airport and got a private car at 50% over the price! If you take their 'taxi' ask price first and if you're not happy hail your own.

Right next to metro so good location for people who want to explore Rio. Close to bus stops, shops, banks, laundry etc. 2 stops on metro to Ipanema and hippy market and restaurants. Can save lots of money staying here, esp if you book at last minute. Real people on the streets, not boutiques for the wealthy. 3 blocks from the beach. Water wonderful, just go out past breakers and the locals. Safer than Central. Relatively quiet for location.

This is the second time that I booked this hotel through "BOOKING.COM" and the hotel seemed to not have a record of the reservation. Years ago, I booked directly with the hotel and there never seemed to be a problem. Maybe I should return to my own bookings.

Property conveniently located near beaches,shopping and public transportation.

Some staff is not trained properly to attend customers in need. No phone available for staff to call a taxi?? That was what the staff told me! I asked I need you to please call a cab. "We have no lines here, only in your room". That is ABSURD!!! The bed had blood stains. I requested a change of sheets, the staff changed them immediately but I am not fully comfortable anymore. Also, not many english-speakers.

Breakfast is decent. Fruit is nice. Variety of food. Some staff people are nice.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

hotel had problem broken pipe I had no water in my room all day, no shower, before out sight seeing and being on the beach, the hotel refused to compensate for inconvenience.

• Standard Twin Room

If you like to travel back in time to the 1970s this is the place for you. Everything is outdated and very old. Also the staff might be from the 1970s but is not friendly anymore like in the old days. Especially the reception staff is very rude!!! The let us wait for 2 hours for check in, even rooms where available. "You pay from 2 pm so check in is at 2pm!!!" We stayed there because of carneval, if you come at other time of the year much better options are available, just go somewhere else!

Mostly how old the room looked. The sheets and pillow cases had a few stains on them and wasn't very inviting to sleep in. And the wifi dropped in and out every 30 seconds. I couldn't connect pretty much the whole time I was there. I was relying on a safe in the room. One look at the safe was enough to just keep my valuables looked in my suitcase. I most certainly don't want to come across as a sour Sally. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. In saying that, I would have expected to pay a lot less for a room like this. Not worth the amount we actually did pay.

I'm grateful I had a place to sleep and shower. But that's all it was. Pretty ordinary and not worth the money you're paying. However, you did get a small view of the Christ statue from the room window which was a small win. And the aircon was a bit of a dinosaur but did the job of keeping us cool and surprisingly didn't die on us.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

My room was missing towels, they also when brought them didn't bring a face cloth. Also the button for the air conditioning has issues. Wifi could have been better.

Roof top pool was nice, staff was friendly and understanding when I was having key issues. Big fan of the warm soft blanket in my room. With air-conditioning on I kept getting cold but with the blanket there was no need to turn it off at night.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Our room was very shabby, worn and in dire need of updating. We were very disappointed as the photos on the booking website did not reflect the room we got! Very misleading. Cleanliness was lacking at times, especially bathroom area. Got hand towels on the first day, then despite asking on subsequent days they were never provided! Towels were thin, shabby and 'off white'. Toilet seat was broken, as was the door handle. Overall very disappointed. Will not stay here again and could not recommend it. Pool area toilet not clean!

Location excellent, most staff, not all, were very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

We got poisoned with breakfast food and were sick for nearly 2 days. I wrote email to hotel but they didn't even bother to answer.

Hotel in general very nice with a rooftop pool

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

The free WiFi was not great! We had to stay in one position closest to our room door to get a connection, so no WiFi whilst laying down.

Made a great change after staying on in a Hostel for 2 weeks! Our twin room was not prepared when we arrived so we were given a triple which wasn't too bad. Good selection of food for breakfast and very nice staff working in the hotel. LOVE the fact that the beach is only 6 minutes away and the subway only across the road. Great location! Great for travelling students or people on a budget that want a bit of luxury!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Triple Room

Breakfast a little lousy. Air condition in our room was NOT able to make a difference. And the staff did not really mind to do anything about it. Generally it was an old and not very well kept hotel, that should not cost as much as we paid for it. They should really give us back half of what we paid.

Old tv w snow on the picture A/c didn't work well Old dirty towels Staff seems bothered that your there/cranky Room was beat down

Nothing it's a pit from the 70's

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Technically "old". E.G. door locking system very unreliable. On ed day a door did not open any more. After several attempts with newly programmed cards and even a special programming device, after 1,5 hours of unsuccessful attempts they had to physically breake the door. Air Cond. In all 3 of our rooms (302, 304, 311) make terrible noise - no way to sleep.

Location is perfectly: 1min. To Metro, less than 10min. To Copacabana beach

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Very old. Old lift that closes on you. Noisy air-conditioning. Average food. Very expensive for what's on offer. Better options for similar prices.

The staff are friendly

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

This place needs a deep cleaning and rénovation. The mattress of my room was very uncomfortable. My room was not very clean - molds in the shower, dirty walls. Breakfast is ok. Not for people on a diet.

The kindness of the employees.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Very very bad wifi, the worst i've ever had. Dissconnecting every couple of seconds. Gym center is the worst i ever seen, it including only 2 treadmills and 2 fitness bikes.

Pretty big room. Good location.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Luxury Double Room

I stayed in this hotel 12 years ago - it was a bit dated then and looks like the owners haven't re-invested a cent in the place since.

The hotel is in a great location very close to Copa beach and a metro. Lots of good restaurants, bars etc in the area. Nice staff

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room

only buffet breadfast from 6 to 10 am. I suggest include certain days maybe from monday to friday regular buffet 12noon to 5pm different salads meats, chicken, faroffa, rice and deserts too. sincerely

I LIKE EVERYTHING AND THE VIEW FROM THE TERRACE EXCELLENT PICTURES. IS HAS VERY LOCATION NEAR ALL MOST IMPORTANT AREAS IN RIO.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Smelly room. Bed was uncomfortable with a dirty comforter. One bath towel and one hand towel. No facecloth. Through the wall VERY noisy old A/C with ALL knobs removed so unable to adjust temps.Gym???? Two OLD rusty upright bikes and 2 treadmills.

Free Wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The staff at reception and the porters were fabulous. Always willing to help. We loved the breakfasts and the pool and the suite arrangement made it easy for me to get ready in privacy and my son used the suite to get dressed - so it was fantastic for us. Holiday of a life time 😊😊😊😊😮😮

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

It was too expensive st $300 a night. The facilities were not worth it. The bed was not that comfortable and there was no lotion.

The location was great, near copacabana beach. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

It is definitely not a four star hotel. That was deceptive on the description on the Booking.com. Outside noise is heard in the rooms. If that's not enough window AC was noisy. Our room AC stopped working a day before our check out. While I n the bathroom, one can hear the voices, phone ringing & water running from the bathroom upstairs. Shower is lined with a plastic panel which are warped & coming off. The room door lock malfunctioned and it wouldn't let the door close. When that was fixed then unlocking became a problem. It need a serious refurbishment to get a star rating. The staff tried to charge me for a no show a day after I checked out. I have notified it to the Booking.com. Hope they will deal with it amicably.

Location is good about 10 minutes walk to the Copacabana beach. Staff is helpful. Breakfast has a good range of choice.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

not enough crocery / cutlery. excessive charge for motorcycle. COFFEE PASSED SEVERAL TIMES THROUGH POWDER - NOT ACCEPTABLE. there are better places for the same money. .

Handy for seguira camos metro . clean enough. CHEAP ENOUGH, NOT EXPECTING THE WORLD but managed to remove themselves from my list..

• Reviewed: 24 June 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The staff knew very little about how to get around the city (they only recommend over priced taxis), things to do, and places to eat. What made it more difficult was that the WiFi was non-existent and it was impossible to look up things on our own. But, the good things definitely outweighed the bad.

The location was great- really close to the beach, restaurants and public transportation! It was really clean and the pool deck was beautiful with views of the Christ Redeemer! We loved out stay here!

It’s an old building, and you can hear everything through the walls

Location, staff

• Standard Triple Room

The breakfast was fantastic, many options, very adorable staffs , the room was very clean and the facilities in the swimming pool is very modern.

Could do with updating.A bit 70's 80's ish in places

reasonable rates for being so close to an iconic beach

air conditioner in room broke, my phone didn't work

• Luxury Double Room

Gave me an outdated room. Also had to call to have my room clean at 9pm.

• Luxury Double Room

Elevator breakfast need more staff

Super location worth the money

Elevators

The bed is old, gym equipment thumbs down, their toilet is not entirely clean

The pool and it is close to Copacabana beach

There are renovated and non-renovated rooms with very loudly old air conditioners. The breakfast is very basic.

The location is perfect.

• Standard Twin Room

The hotel is oldish with no improvements. The towels and linen was dirty and the breakfast was poor and the same each day.

• Standard Twin Room

Amazing staff,Andrea,Zelia,Silvester all super helpful and proudly represents hotel.thank you!!

lifts

I was upgraded to the presidentual suite at no extra cost with hot tub and sauna.

FRIENDLY STAFF. EASY WALK TO THE BEACH AND RESTAURANTS.

• Standard Twin Room

Wi-Fi. they needs to improve that.

Ok,, not the best, but ok

• Luxury Double Room

We were upgraded to a presidential suite for a no extra cost!

• Standard Twin Room

The facilities are very old.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Telephone didn't work, the TV's didn't work, the first smelled bad and looked old.

• Standard Twin Room

close to metro. good value for the money. short walk to the beach. dreams can come true in Copa!! good for single guy.

There were only 3 sun lounges at the pool

Great location with really friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are basic but good value for money.

• Standard Twin Room

Needs upgrading as quite dated. Very noisy.I was on first floor and it felt like I was in middle of street below

Very friendly staff

Anything

I love the recepção they are so nice people

• Standard Twin Room

Annoying noises from both outside and inside

Looks nothing like photos. Rooms very dated and basic. Pool area tiny.

Location and proximity to beach.

• Luxury Double Room

Dirty showers, dirty sheets, old room, need a urgent renovation.

Staff are friendly