Reviews of Bristol International Airport Hotel 4 stars

63 - Jardim Santa Francisca, Guarulhos, CEP 07024-001, Brazil

#7 of 30 hotels in Guarulhos

• Superior Single Room

It's a great hotel! It is located in a safety area, even traveling at dawn. The breakfast was quite tasty! The room was really comfy and delightful. However, it was a quite difficult to find, maybe It was dawn and I was concerned about safety.

Great room, breakfast is amazing. Very clean hotel, it has airport transfer. It's close to restaurants, shopping area. Hospital is walking distance

The hotel shuttle will not take or pick you up from Terminal 3 in Guarulhos. And it can take a while to arrive, so you better plan for that or take a taxi (around 50 Reais)

Good enough for a one night stay. Clean, good breakfast, good enough food.

I booked this Hotel for my parents and used my credit card to supposedly pay for it. When booking the hotel there was even an option to enter the guest name if different from the credit card on file. So I thought there was not going to be an issue at all.When my parents got there they had to pay with their own credit card because the hotel staff said the card on file is just to keep the reservation. I called and explained the situation, offered to give the person on the phone my credit card information. She said there was nothing she could do to help me.I asked to speak to a manager and she said there was no manager available. If I wanted to pay with cc I would have to call back and speak to the financial department and they would email me an authorization for payment. I gave her my email address and asked if she could please email it to me and she said no. Only the financial department could assist me and no one was available at the moment. It just seemed that there was a lot of red tape for me to make a payment, the staff not efficient at all and I wasted a lot of time on the phone to get nowhere.

The steam sauna has the smell of paint. The steam sauna already has tiles (the way it should be), but shouldn’t be painted over the tiles like that... with such regular industrial paint. Sauna gets quite hot which would therefore release the smell and toxins from paint for a long time... the regular paint used is not for the sauna walls. I stayed in the hotel in August last year when the walls of the steam sauna was already painted... and the smell of the paint is relatively still quite strong 8 months later... where I couldn’t stay in the steam sauna for over a couple of minutes. But the wooden dry sauna is great to have and to see working in the hotel.

Love the fresh fruits of Brazil for breakfast, especially the papaya, watermelon and the other type of melon... And the dry sauna is great.... For these two reasons, I came back to this hotel... I’ve been in Brazil numerous times, and I always stop for a night in Guarulhos airport before I take my flight the next day... and I used to go to a different hotel every time most of which are higher in price or about the same.

the hotel was not clean, facilities were old, and we dont have comfortable in during our stay, We got hotel because our flight 12 hours later than last flight and We couldnt stay 12 hours in airport, but We did not have good times in that hotel.

Staff was rude Placed me in a smoking room, when I said I was allergic Took 3 hours to change me rooms When they changed me the room they did it like it was a favour, and the room was so dusty I had and allergic breakout. The staff in general was treating me as if it was a free treat that I was not a paying guest or something

Free airport shuttle Near airport

Less graffiti.

We booked for one night and change our mind- stayed three. Staff was excellent, food great. By north American standards, the neighbourhood felt a little unsafe for two females walking but that may just be our perspective. We enjoyed our stay, and we were never approached in an unkind way.

Breakfast was the standard for this type of hotel, which means a hearty meal to start the day. We ordered food from the restaurant on the previous evening and it was ok, but a bit on the expensive side. Ask for a room in the 12th or 13th floors to be closer to the pool (good), gym (mediocre) and saunas (good), with view to Guarulhos downtown – it's nothing to get home about, but is better than the depressive sight of Dutra highway, warehouses and empty lots on the odd apartments. Hotel has an impressive lobby, pretty much on the same vein of the legendary Maksoud Plaza.

We tried to use the airport pick up- we asked for information about this when we booked but didn't hear back from the hotel. Looking at the website we were waiting in the pick up area at the specified time but it never came. On arrival at the hotel we saw signs saying the shuttle would not be operating for the following 2 days, so not sure if that had something to do with it. We did see the shuttle parked in a side street, not looking like it was operating. Check in desk was always busy and took a long time waiting to be seen.

Huge room. Restaurant on site was convenient- option to order from the menu or have the buffet. The buffet includes soft drink which we didn't realise so would have worked out cheaper than our bill ordering from the menu.

No answers to my emails in advance. Despite me submitting my flight details and contrary to the information provided in the app (Shuttle will wait at Terminal 2), no shuttle picked me up and I had to find my own way to the hotel. No explanation was given by the hotel.

Clean, spacious and comfortable room, good breakfast buffet.

The service was not that great. Also the room services food could be a lot better as it was quite expensive but had no much of a quality in there.

The premisses

I stayed in this hotel 1 night and the main reason was the free airport shuttle. Well, the bus shuttle was in maintenance the both trips from and to airport so I had to pay an expensive taxi. What I did not like is that the hotel did not inform the customer about the shuttle being not available. I had free cancellation and I would have canceled. Very unprofessional. Also room was maybe brazilian 4 star standard. If you come from Europe you will be disappointed.

Bathroom was run-down, shower fittings etc need to be refurbished. Tiled floor in bathroom and bedroom was extremely slippy once damp.

Atmosphere inside the hotel is welcoming, fountain, seats...all very nice Solid breakfast to start the day

the only issue is always you paid more than you booked in the website, my cost was 50 dollars and i paid 63 dollars, and they blamed booking Brazil.so???

It is a very good hotel .

The stay was excellent!

I really like the Bristol International. It is a clean and comfortable hotel, with a transfer service that allows for easy and quick access to the airport and great staff. I always stay there when flying on business.

Everything was great.

The rooms are really comfortable, the staff is great and the breakfast is excellent. Whenever I need to go to Guarulhos I go back to the Bristol International!

Had to wake up early to get to the airport.

The welcome drink was fantastic. The bar staff was great. The restaurant next door was awesome. The room was comfortable. All in all it was excellent.

• Superior Twin Room

- Terrible service by the staff (rude) - Was not given the room i reserved and when i asked for the right one, i was told it was Booking’s problem/fault that it was not available - I asked for and extra pillow and was told it would be taken to the room and never received it - Horrible experience overral

Just one minor thing: the bathroom has everything (but no bath) and operates perfectly, but the shower is slightly outdated (floor became a pool) and does not match completely with the luxerious room.

The location, free shuttle service between airport and hotel, helpful staff and delicious breakfast contributed to our relaxing night in a comfortable and bigsize bed, perfect for tall people like me.

A staff who is blond and work at the reception was very rude when we asked about a room plug.

Great room. Children friendly. The staff provided a cot for my baby. We loved the breakfast.

• Superior Twin Room

The costumers services was not really good, Not enough information, Booking.com was one price when I got there was another one and nobody can explain.

The breakfast was really good one of the best

• Superior Single Room

The bathroom was very small and the shower itself rather dirty in the corners. The glass in the shower has serious water stains and you could see the whip marks on the bathroom mirror. The shower head though removable is pretty far up, so it was hard to take down and it needs to be decalcified as some of the spouts are clogged. The shower also does not run off properly and water stores at your feet for a good while. The AC did not work in my room and therefore I had to open the window to cool it down. Opening the window caused the city noise to enter and thus my sleep to be disturbed. Lastly the internet crashed and I never did have access to my room internet they said I would have.

The bed was very comfortable. The restaurant has excellent service for a descent price and the staff there is fantastic! The lobby, pool and sauna were also very nice. With the window closed the room is quiet enough for a good nights sleep. The shower head was removable which is great for anyone with long hair.

It was a true nightmare! We arrived at 1:00 am and there was a huge line for check-in, no one available to help me with my bags (i was travelling alone with a child), there were not enough trolleys for the handling of the bags, it was horrible). Avoid it if you can, it's a tourist trap. Cancelled flights send their passengers to this hotel all the time, so it is always crowded and service is terrible.

• Superior Twin Room

No shuttle bus from the airport terminal 3. No information on website ar at hotel. Shuttle bus only operate from terminal 2! It should be noted especially for estimating time for arrival departure.

Had to pay the transfer from and to the airport due to the poor communication. Trash under the bed. Waterlogging in the bathroom due to the wrong slope. Washbasin not clean.

I really like the breakfast. Flavoured water and the lobby were a highlight.

Lack of information about the shuttle back to the airport. The welcome present that other people mentioned in their reviews must be for more expensive suites...

Amazing breakfast. Easy, fast and free airport shuttle. Staff was helpful.

The pictures on booking.com doesn’t match the reality, the bed has tons of dust (Attached the pictures) I will never recommend this property

Location is great! Close to the airport

Shuttle service from the airport was very bad. After a 11h flight and having a baby asleep on our arms we were denied our right to priority guaranteed by the Brazilian law. We were advised to get a voucher for a cab back inside the airport (and very far away). Getting there the staff was rude and very slow. We ended up paying for our own cab to the hotel :-/

Front desk staff was great and very helpful. Shuttle service from the hotel to the airport was organized and on time.

wifi, the most important , connectivity to outer world was almost impossible , very disappointed also, the menu at a 4 star hotel had less variety compared to others

bed was very comfortable , the sofa was relaxing and bathroom facilities were excellent

The bathroom looks a bit tired and old, probably due for refurbishment. The shower box wasn't super clean.

The room was very spacious and clean, the bed, pillows and bedding were of good quality and very comfortable. The free shuttle from Guarulhos to and from the hotel was on time. Staff were courteous and helpful, the food from the restaurant was very nice, even though a bit pricey.

The hotel shuttle frequencies to and from the Guarulhos airport could be higher.

For an airport-due overnight this hotel is a good and priceworthy solution. The room is reasonably spacious. The breakfast is OK.

No answers to emails.

Large room. Good shower. Late check-out. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Super friendly staff. Close to the airport. All you can ask for from an airport hotel!

No free drink or fruit plate on second stay. Transfer to airport only once per hour to terminal 2 only. Taxi very expensive through hotel 50 BRS - Uber was 16 BRS. Check in and out could be faster for an airport hotel

Free welcome drink the first time I stayed (not the second). Free fruit plate the first time I stayed (not second). Good quality hotel in OK area.

Small pillows. Hairs in bed. Told no availability of shuttle in the morning but then given place. No mention previous night of need to book for return.

Convenience for one night whilst traveling through the airport. Breakfast had enough choices.

WIFI was unacceptably slow during my last stay (it used to be better)

Welcome drink, breakfast buffet, free airport shuttle, free fruit platter were all most welcome and appreciated

Wi fi terribly slow, almost like a dial in connection in the 80s...simply awful...is the worst thing of all in this hotel Front desk staff not very friendly One cannot charge food to the room bill Breakfast is the same every day. I was runing out from breakfast finishing an apple and they forbidded me to take the apple. The next day I ironically offered to pay for it and they accepted. ...VERY LOW LEVEL Finally I was siting eating my apple inside and they made me trhow it away because they needed to clean the restaurant and close it and everyone had to leave. They kicked me out. Business center is not open 24 hrs and it is just an office where one guy stands up and allows you to use his PC. They did not even have a decent stappler. They are certainly focused on flight staff who just come, sleep and go, and tehrefore the services are very poor if you plan to stay for several days.

The room is pretty comfortable and the cleaning ladies very friendly and cooperative

• Superior Twin Room

I arrived at terminal 1, international, and had to get to terminal 2 to get the shuttle which I finally accomplished after multiple questions and mis-directions. Finally, a Marriott shuttle driver took me there or I might never have made it. If I had tried to do this at night it would have been much more difficult. They should have shuttle pick ups at both terminals.

• Superior Single Room

I was very pleased . No complaints.

The place is neat and great! The staff is very helpful and kind. Would recommend to anyone traveling to São Paulo. ,

not that I "didn't like" but as feedback: steam sauna wasn't working and needs some love and looking after... It was cold (it was winter), and sauna is a highlight when looking for hotels.

lots of variety for breakfast... especially loved the fresh and tasty fruits and the jams.

Indoor swimming pool freezing cold - No towels for the facilities on the top floor. General stay was okay. No facilities to wash some clothing - Nothing impressive - Staff were just OK.

Property was clean and tidy

It is a little bit noisy from the street when you like to sleep with open windows. When we arrived at the airport in the late afternoon we had to wait more than 1,5 h to get the hotel shuttle. So we took a taxi.

This Airport Hotel is only 10km from the airport. We used it only as a stopover after a long flight to continue the next day to the Iguacu Falls. The room is comfortable. The service is very good, the best of all is the breakfast buffet. The price is reasonable.

• Superior Twin Room

Price it's to higher but it's a quality very impressed and the fragrance of the it's so pure well done

Bed it's so comfortable it's a amazing place to stay with family

breakfast very poor , every things with pork and bacon . parking 35 $R= 10$// please add with room and don't show the client this small details .

dear sir after experience for last 18 years in food and beverage and management , if we have declarations for 5 star hotel , is not the number of room is important , service , cleaning , cover bed , bathroom ( No full Amenities ) 5$R for teeth brush . sorry we Rate this 3+ star and less.

Nice breakfast; a free Welcome-Caipirinha at the bar; hardfloor instead of carpet in the room (+++); shuttle service every 1 hour to and from the airport

• Superior Single Room

Rooms are not very clean Patches of coffee and milk on the wall near the "tea are" in the room Bathroom sink dirty and the edges of skirting board all badly finiahed and looks dirty

The wifi was sub-pair, even though it was fast it kept dropping out on all our devices. There is also a two device limit per room which is rather limited in todays world.

The breakfast was very nice and the staff very professional. The location is excellent for the airport but not for much else, but that is the purpose of airport hotels. The room was clean and comfortable.

The swimming pool wasn`t accessible because they cleaned it up. They told me that it would be possible to use it after 1 pm. Bad for guests leaving at 12.

The staff was very smart and polite, the food was of best quality, the breakfast was entirely prepared and served at 5 am and the rooms did smell very fresh.

Daily parking fee $R45.....really?

The breakfast had more variety than most other hotels. Free-bees that you don't expect are always nice, chocolate in the room, fruit platter, welcome drink... The problem is, now you expect them and you may not always get them.

I find it annoying when I have to re-enter my username and password every time I go back on the wifi.

I stayed here one night between flights. I appreciated the fact that, for a small supplement, the hotel allowed me to checkout at 6pm, since my flight was leaving late. The hotel is big and reasonably quiet, with a really excellent breakfast buffet. The bedroom was huge and comfortable. I was greeted with a fruit platter, which I really enjoyed. I took advantage of the airport shuttle as well, which was a big plus.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

There was no complimentary mineral water provided in the hotel room

There was a complimentary local cocktail drink each for myself and my partner. Like it.

• Superior Single Room

Check-in process was too long. I did ask on the phone from the room to the front desk about a late check-out, they said it's ok, no charge. Next day, during the check-out the woman starts telling me that the check out time was passed, I think looking for a gap to charge me extra. I had to explain her that it was coordinated the night before. The Wi-Fi service was really slow. Couldn't run Netflix.

Installation and room was great.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

as i work in the cleaning business, I reacted to how dirty it was the main hall that you see from the elevator. It is really a petty that such a space is so black of dirt

The shuttle is a mess, it was under maintenance when I arrived to the airport and in the morning it only stops at the national airport. I asked for an adapter and got informed that there isn't any as many guests before me have stolen adapters. Neighborhood is not nice at all, so you kind of have to eat in the hotel and pay almost 20 USD for a chicken with noodles (which unfortunately got a little burned). If you start asking too many questions the staff gets quite rude. The hotel definately does not meet the standards of an international airport hotel.

Clean and spacous rooms, located about 15 minutes from Guarulhos Internatiinal Airport.

Coffee - need a proper coffee machine for non-American visitors. Carpets on 11th floor very old and dirty.

Watermelon juice, custard-filled pastries, Kumis.

Had the feeling the surrounding was not this nice - therefor it is good that they provide the airport shuttle. If you just have one night you want to spend close to the airport book it at this hotel.

I really loved my stay there. The room was spacious and clean, the breakfast was superb and the sports, sauna and pool area was very nice. They even have a hair dresser who understands his job pretty well.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

We use this hotel often and in past trips we didn't have a problem. This time the receptionist seemed very inexperienced and made several mistakes while checking us in. To make matters worse, a couple was given keys to our room (by another receptionist) and they opened our door and came in at 11:30pm (while we were in our pajamas) thinking this was their room! Next day upon check out we requested to speak to the manager and were told he would be right out. We waited and no one came, so we went back to the reception to ask. He had left! We felt no one cared to even give us a proper excuse. Very unprofessional behavior, to say the least.

Location: close to restaurants, super market, banks, etc. Transportation: free shuttle to and from airport every hour Breakfast: many options (the fresh fruits were very good!) Facilities: nice rooftop pool, sauna & gym.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Confusion over the shuttle bus. Was told it was not running by the time we arrived, but the information in the hotel indicated it was 24 hours. I did put a note on the booking about the bus but they did not respond.

Location - around 20 minutes from the airport Room very comfortable Good breakfast selection

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The shuttle service to the airport starts too late for us with flight scheduled at 7:00.

Complementary plate of fruits And a drink coupon. Breakfast included. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The pool, sauna and gym are a joke.

The airport shuttle from the airport does not need to be reserved in advance and it is a miniban that goes every hour (at half eg. 18:30) from Terminal 2 - Leste (East). The shuttle from the hotel to the airport needs to be reserved. The hotel was ok and the breakfast was very good.

the staff, maria the recepcionist was very disrespectful, but in general the service of the staff was bad, like they dont like what they do. the pool is not good to use

The location, that was clean and the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The check-in process took over 30 minutes, when we got there there were a bi line waiting. It was around 11 pm so everyone were pretty tired waiting for a good night sleep before the connections and it didn't happen.

We had 12 hours connection so it was good to be able to sleep a little bit, we were also able to go to downtown Sao Paulo by bus since it wasnt tat far. A free transfer to the airport was great as well.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The paint of the hotel inside the building need some attention....

The rooms are big and clean, the shuttle is free and every hour they arrive the airport...

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

My toilet was so dirty it looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all (gross!). Be aware that it still is 15min drive from the airport, they do have a shuttle though although I traveled with Uber.

Big room

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

I thought the front desk staff receiving guests were not very friendly nor animated. Their greeting was not open and friendly at all. They seem unhappy!!. Only one female with short hair was very friendly and good at her job. The rest seemed disinterested. I wasn't told that I had to pay separately at the restaurant and on the spot. I think it is very inconvenient and it is the first time that I experienced it.

Fruit platter upon arrival and complimentary drink. Breakfast was amazing. Service everywhere else except at the front desk upon arrival. Shuttle service was punctual .

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nothing to say.

I like how flexible and helpful is the staff. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good. And the airport shuttle service awesome.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Superior Twin Room

The location was great as I needed to be close to airport, comfortable room, lots of toiletries, shuttle to airport and breakfast, everything you need when transiting between flights!

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

- free fresh fruit plate was delivered at room on arrival - included airport bus - every 1-2 hours, takes 15 minutes to the airport - free welcome drink - ideal for a stopover night in Sao Paulo

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nothing to do in the area. Pool a bit average.

Good std hotel with free airport transfer. We used it as we had an early morning flight and it was cheaper than using an airport lounge. It was 20 minutes from the airport. Food average room good they also face us a very nice plate of fruit on arrival

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The food was not very good and the dishes not all very clean.

The room was comfortable and the staff helpful. the hotel itself was excellent, it's the restaurant that was not as good.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Leisure facilites on top floor locked at 10am (no sauna or steam room available) cleaner arrived at 11am & took an hour to clean so couldn't use. Door nearest the lift to access the pool was locked so had to walk all the way around passing a conference room in your swim wear. No towels available at the pool so had to return to the room for a bath towel. Pool was small but a nice temperature

~ Free Shuttle to & from the Airport only form Terminal 2~ As you come out of the terminal cross the road & turn right - go the the last bus stop & look for the minibus with the hotel name - comes every hour at half past (eg 1030) takes 20 mins. Booked last minute, lovely large room with windows that opened - internet if free both in the room & around the hotel - worked well. Breakfast is self service, so is the coffee.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Although the hotel is comfortable and looks very good, it was built over 10 years ago (looking at it's architecture), that's why windows are quite small. Another drawback: the pool and sauna were closed - if so, booking should disable filtering such a property by this critera.

Very nice and posh hotel. Room spacious and clean. Fast checkin. Big, comfy bed. Welcome fruits plate served to the room by room service was a nice surprise. Fast wifi (gratis). Tasty breakfast with great variety of brazilian specialities and fruits. Free transfer to the airport (every hour).

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Staff I met speak very basic english but friendly, a bit of dust in the room that could have been cleaned easily

Great room spacious clean modern, nice breakfast buffet, lot of choices, free airport transfer

• Superior Twin Room

had to move room 3 times before we were given a clean one! First rooms absolutely stank of vomit/sewerage second room had been slept in with dirty sheets, towels on the floor third room the exact same! fourth room was finally clean and we settled after a very long 2 hours checkin with all the hassle. No apology offered at any stage. Not great service after a day of travelling and arriving at 12.30am Staff don't care.

location and shuttle to airport

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Check in was slow because of all of the details required. Could these not be entered on the form when you book so that you could just sign? The tile and especially the grout in the shower needed cleaning.

Nice touches were the fruit plate delivered to our room and the complementary drinks at the bar. Room was large with a very useful working counter and very comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent. Great value for money and a free shuttle to and from the airport made for a great but inexpensive stay.

gogbrazil