View vacation packages to

4. Brazil hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Casa del Ángel

Reviews of Casa del Ángel

Rua Saint Roman, 154, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 22071-063, Brazil

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

It was excellent my stay, I will go back more often
    • Standard Single Room

access and a rather narrow lane to get there, as well as the parking

cozy atmosphere, comfortable rooms, green area around, beyond the bed for one person to be queen, still has a sofa bed, breakfast every day, I recommend

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

This was the worst place I have ever stayed.
    • Double or Twin Room with View

We booked the shuttle service form the airport. The gentleman was meant to have a sign with my name. We could not locate him for over an hour. Once we finally located him, he spent over an hour running around the airport parking lot trying to locate his car. This was the strangest experience of my life. Once we arrived it was dark and the neighbourhood was atop a mountain. Loud music was playing and lots of locals were outside. It is located next to a sketchy market. We asked where we could eat and the lady that runs the place told us it was not safe to leave at night but that we could order in. She brought us menu's that were in Portuguese and disappeared. The entire place smells of mould, everything felt moist. Cockroaches were everywhere. We heard many rounds of gunshots our first night. The breakfast that morning was terrible. Ants were crawling out of the sugar, I nearly vomited. We left immediately. This property is located in a dangerous neighbourhood. No Uber will bring you to this location or pick you up from this location. Do not book if you value your life.

I have nothing good to say about this property. It is located in a favela, a very dangerous neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2019

The owners of the bed and breakfast were amazing!

The owners of the bed and breakfast were amazing! They treated us like family.

Stayed in March 2019

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

I recommend this place for a true experience of Rio.

The staff was nice and super helpful. Every time I asked for something they were always there. The service was unbeatable.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: March 27, 2016

Good value.

At the foothill of the favela, so the aera look a bit dodgy but I did not really feel unsafe and it is quite an experience. Maybe a bit tricky to find and no 24hr reception or breakfast. No window in the room.

Good value. Half way between Ipanema and Copacabana and close to the metro by stairs. The staff is very arranging and friendly. Air conditioning, hot shower, mini fridge and pretty good wifi. Comfortable patio.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2016

Manager was really helpful, interesting art on the walls,...

Location is iffy, at the foot of the favelas, but, that said, we didn't feel unsafe walking in the area. Still, not a place for everybody.

Manager was really helpful, interesting art on the walls, bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2016

1) Perfect location, 10 mins walk to Copacabana or Ipanema...

Facilities are a little run down. However, it's cheap and location is great, so didn't bother me much.

1) Perfect location, 10 mins walk to Copacabana or Ipanema beach. 2) Staff was very friendly 3) Amazing value for money

• Reviewed: October 26, 2015

There's a safe/fridge in the room and beds are quite...

No internet reception in room-had to sit in reception. Loud music played at the hotel pool bar on weekend evenings and often through the day... One night I was kept awake till 4:30am. The area at weekends is loud... A bar right next to hotel plays really loud music till early hours. The location is ok. One way out of hotel takes you down the steep hill to Ipanema. The other way takes you down the hill to Copacabana. The way down is easy.... Takes about 10 minutes... Not so easy coming back up and after a few times of doing it, it becomes a real pain in the neck... It's next to a favela but we never felt unsafe. Shower is terrible - weak and lukewarm.

There's a safe/fridge in the room and beds are quite comfortable. Receptionist - Claudete is nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2015

The room was a decent size

Location (up a hill and in the favelas); we let the hotel know we would arrive late, but still had to wait 15 minutes for someone to open the gate while we stood in outside in the favelas with all our belongings while it rained...; the room wasn't overly clean

The room was a decent size

• Reviewed: September 20, 2015

Localized in the bottom of the favela "Cantagallo".

Localized in the bottom of the favela "Cantagallo". Make sure you know what a "favela" is and what is the story of "Cantagallo favela". I do believe thought that this area will develop in the future and get safer and safer.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2015

We booked this accommodation in advance for 5 days. Because of the bad quality we left the place after one night. There was a terrible humidity smell, a lot of noise from the neighbouring favela's, a shower With hot water and ut was not clean. And this is for the studio! I recommend everyone not to book this accommodation.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2015

We have just spent a lovely week at Casa Del Angel during...

No bad experiences

We have just spent a lovely week at Casa Del Angel during carnival. I have to admit I had been a little concerned after reading some other reviews, but have been plesently surprised in all areas. The staff are very helpful. The rooms, although basic, were clean and had air con and mini bar. We didn't use the pool but the option was there if we had wanted to. You can order breakfast and lunch in advance, but there are so many places to eat and try in the local area that we didn't do this either. I had read reviews about the "unsafe" area that the guesthouse is located in which caused some concern before arriving. However, we walked to and from the guesthouse at least 4 times daily (sometimes in the early hours of the morning) and did not feel unsafe once. In fact we enjoyed the local bar next door to the guesthouse house on many occasions. Thank you Casa Del Angel, we will certainly be recommending you to friends in the future.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2015

The staff including cleaner were all friendly and welcoming.

The windows in our bedroom did not close properly which meant that several insects and also spiders lived in our room. Also there was no kettle, hairdryer and anywhere to sit and do your makeup

The staff including cleaner were all friendly and welcoming.

• Reviewed: February 9, 2015

Staff is nice and friendly

Though it was not a problem for me the hotel is in the favellas there are no windows in the room and there is a humidity smell.

Staff is nice and friendly Located near the metro station and near copacabana beach posted 5

• Reviewed: January 10, 2016

Close to everything, pool and staff

The hill to climb to get to the hotel

Close to everything, pool and staff

• Reviewed: March 24, 2015

friendly and helpful staff, clean and I just loved pictures.

Neighbourhood of favelas, didn't have window in room, not always had Internet there

friendly and helpful staff, clean and I just loved pictures.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2015