Reviews of Copacabana Praia Hotel 4 stars

Rua Francisco Otaviano, 38, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 22080-040, Brazil

#155 of 451 hotels in Rio de Janeiro

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Location, easy access to the Copacabana beach.

Can be noisy if you open the balcony door. Air-conditioning is old and makes a lot of noise.

Location, easy access to the Copacabana beach. Staff is helpful on money exchange, directions to sightseeing places, supermarket, atm and open to review your late checkout request etc. Room is spacious and there’s a mini fridge.

Nice staff, great location, lovely room

All good & would return there :)

I'd booked a Standard Double Room, but they upgraded it for me to a lovely spacious room - a nice welcome to Brazil. The man at reception was very nice and spoke perfect English. The restaurant was deserted for dinner when I was there. The meal was unremarkable, but the Caipirinhas were good & strong! I loved my room & the hotel is in a great location, between Ipanema and Copacabana beaches - easy to get picked up from here for day tours.

Deluxe room for a good value.. and awesome location!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Keep an eye for booking , I rated the room based on the fact I booked deluxe rooms and I got a good deal for it. So if you want a similar experience book the deluxe room!

The location could not have been better. The beach is literally like 5 mins walk at a fast pace.. it's close to so many beaches in the neighborhood... lots of places to eat and shop! The people at the hotel seemed to be nice and helpful. They were completely fine with giving me an extra hr for checkout. The place is safe both at day and night.. I was out till 10 pm and dint have an issue.

Excellent location (near to both Copacabana (2min) and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Pool is small Breakfast was the same for 4 days, i would have appreciated if they have changed the options and provided different options each day - but was tasty though! I was even able to take my coffee with me to the room

Excellent location (near to both Copacabana (2min) and Ipanema beach (5min) - just a walking distance from both !!) Staff were very very helpful and polite, they were giving us advice and answering our queries. They did an amazing job and my husband and i are very grateful to them! Very clean and tidy - bed is confortable Excellent choice if you want to enjoy Rio for few days and especially enjoy the beach side - i loved it!

Choosing to stay at another location next visit to RIO

The customer service was BEYOND terrible. They tried on several account to take advantage of my guests and were terrible hosts.

It was a good location close to the beach between Copacabana and Itapema.

Great location and comfortable rooms. Simple but worth it.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel still looks a bit unfinished. Certainly revamped in a hurry to catch the Soccer World Cup and Olympics. All doors on our floor were not varnished and it look like the corridor got a very slap-dash paint coat. The great location also comes with great noise! You have to use the aircon as the street noise was unbearable, even at the 9th floor! Room had a connecting room door and we could hear a lot of noise from the adjoining room.

Location could not be better, near both Copacabana and Arpoador (Ipanema) beach. The staff was very friendly and the room was large and the bed comfortable. Balcony was a great place to hand out.

Great stay in the most convenient location in Rio (no seaview though)!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very poor to non-existent internet connect in the rooms - really challenging if you need to work. Breakfast room is a bit weird, being at two different levels with a tiny balcony with 4 small tables. The swimming pool is also disappointing, being very small, covered in a layer of sunoil. Not sure whether water is properly filtered and cleaned. But who needs a pool when you are so close to the beaches?

Very conveniently located, 2 minutes form Copacabana and 5 minutes from Ipanema. Safe area close to everything, including metro. The deluxe room was huge! Staff was friendly and helpful.

Raphael the hotel manager was fantastic.

Raphael the hotel manager was fantastic. Several times him and the other staff went out of their way to help us with various requests and it was very much appreciated. Location was very close to the beach

Best location ever
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was plain. They elevators on the old tower were working with some difficulties and we were involved in an accident in one of them. The staff were careless about it (front desk staff), but the manager of the hotel was kind and made an upgrade to us.

The view was amazing. The location, incredible.

It was wonderful. I hope I can do it again one day.

I requested to add an additional 6 1/2 hour stay on my room. I has charged $140. My daily fee was $104 and my 1st night I wasn't there. Still working. That seemed a lot as they could still rent it.

The room and bed were great. The balcony on the 4th floor was wonderful. Very attractive and wonderful breakfasts. Vanessa on the desk and everyone was very helpful as I was alone and didn't speak the language very well.

The hotel is very nice situated from Copacabana and Ipanema. We enjoyed our short stay in Rio.

the 2 rooms were checked out in the morning without any problems and very fast. The third room was checked out in the afternoon. It took a long time and I had problem with getting a receipt. I was told that they will send my receipt by mail, but I haven`t received it yet. I am happy I insist the have a copy in my hand.

We had ordered 3 rooms. The staff was nice to give us one room as we arrived early in the morning. The last room was not ready before 6 in the afternoon. Last time I stayed at this hotel there was security guards in front of the hotel, but they were not there anymore.

Horrible place. Not worth even single star. Stay clear of this place!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

When we arrived, we got a room - neglegted, with a old tarred curtain seperating between the shower and the bathroom. We compained to the front desk and got switched to a different room. In the second room - there were: 1. CONDOMS! on the nightstand 2. Leak in the toilet that in short amount of time, flooded the bathroom and the entire room smelled. When we called the front desk they claimed there is no handyman in the premises that can fix this at this time (around 10PM). They sent a bellboy to try and fix this but he had no idea what to do. He tried to fix by shutting down a tap that close the leak, but also the water for the entire bathroom - so we couldn't shower or wash our hands. He claimed he will call someone to come fix this but no one ever showed up until the morning. 3. around 11:30PM we wanted to go to bed. The closet had 2 blankets so we called the front desk again to ask for more blankets - we were then told the storage room is locked and the guy who as the key to the storage room will come in only in the morning. They said they will try to bring us blankets from other rooms but they never did.

Nothing. Horrible place. Not worth even single star

The location was perfect, right inbetween Ipanema and...

Limites options and little variety at the breakfast. The hotel was seperated in two towers that only connected on the bottom floors which was a little hazzle. The cleaning was below expactation.

The location was perfect, right inbetween Ipanema and Copacabana. Also a very affordable price.

would go there again.

really nice place. locationwise was amazing. the staff was really nice. the breakfast was nice. wifi wroked oakyish. had one of the new rooms. the older ones are just old but clean.

all over very good

all fine really

The staff were great, the location great Right on the edge of Ipanema and Copacabana nice neighbourhood. the pool a little small but for a cool off dip it was great, also a nice sun terrace. I would stay again.

Good location.

Maybe only bad luck with a view from the hotel to the backyard

Good location. Polite and helpful stuff. Nice Italian restaurant. Room was big and clean. Enjoyed our stay.

Wonderful stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was poor Wifi was very bad

Excellent location between Ipanema beach and Copacabana. Near all restaurants They provide beach towels Very nice lobby. Balcony was very nice

The location.

Breakfast was really disappointing: the fruits that were dry, the coffee that was not good, bread was stale. They did not provide me and my partner an iron and ironing board, which I've never seen before. The maids were really lovely, but reception staff were sometimes nice, sometimes rude. Definitely wouldn't stay there again! There are much better places in Rio for this amount of money.

The location.

Don't go, if you have no choice, at least don't stay at the room near elevator

An overall unpleasant stay. The biggest problem is the noise and the staff. I stayed in a room near the elevator. There was a constant noise in the room so loud that the hall actually sounded more quite. I called up the front desk and they denied to hear anything and only when I called up second time and insisted, the staff admitted that they knew the noise and the noise was from the elevator engine. The staff said they were all booked(of course) and the noise would die down when no more customers checking in after 10pm, which of course was not true. I heard the noise when I went to bed at 11pm, when I woke up at 8am, even when I put on ear pieces and played music. It was unbearable. To add to that, the hotel only provided a bed sheet, literally sheet, or the old yellow blanket in the closet without any cover on it. I rejected to use anything that they don't wash after the last customer leave, so i choose to use the sheet and surely got a little cold the next morning. Besides the noise and the staff, the rest of the room is also designed to be inconvenient. No dustbin, no chair to sit, I have to use one of the nightstands as a seat to eat my dinner. A window in the bathroom which could open a little, not wide enough to see the outside, not that I want to, of course. The breakfast was not very good.

Only the location

All in all - a very nice stay!

Very bad Internet conection! I had to cancel important online work meetings because of a very unstable Internet! Breakfast - to much (and almost only) white unhealthy bread! Could have been a lot better!

Great straff, rooms and location!

Staff offered to store my bags for me after checkout since...
    • Standard Twin Room

Stairs not clearly marked. Stairs were smelly. Hotel is really two separate building, the one I stayed it seemed to be lower quality, but this made it easy to get lost, especially when going by stairs.

Staff offered to store my bags for me after checkout since my flight wasn't until that evening.

Great location between both Impanema and Copocabana beaches.

Breakfast quality could have been better.

Great location between both Impanema and Copocabana beaches. Also the airport bus stops on front of it. Room was very modern, nice, and clean. Was a bit afraid after reading previous reviews, but we were quite happy with the hotel.

All on avarage

The hotel is near copacabana beach and it takes only 3 mins walking to reach the beach. It's also very near ipanema. The hotel is clean and comfortable.

We booked a deluxe room, it was very spacious, had a good...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Just a matter of taste, but we didn't like the lightning in the room.

We booked a deluxe room, it was very spacious, had a good bed and great shower. The location of the hotel is excellent, right between copacabana and ipanema.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

2minutes to copacabana 4 min to ipanema

the rooms in the direction of Copacabana beach were little to noisy, fire exits should be better signed and lifts could be little faster but over all the hotel was realLy good

the staff was very polite and helpful receptionists can comunnicate in English which is unusual for Brasil well at least for the places i have visited and even the cleaners were very nice polite and tried to comunnicate over all it was very pleasant and they make you feel welcome and i would stay there again

Very good Hotel but poor internet.

Interner very poor in the bedroom, I had to stay around the entrance door to keep me connected and couldn't use YouTube, too slow.

Breakfast just gorgeous, amazing, yummy. Typical brazilian.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Very good hotel between Copacabana and Ipanema
    • Standard Twin Room

There is a large balcony with seats, but the road is very noisy.

Located very centrally between Copacabana and Ipanema beach. Wifi and breakfast are good. Wonderfull shower (high pressure).

• Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was not that good, dirty swimming pool, old rooms and bathroom, not a 4 star hotel.

The location, 1 block from Ipanema beach, 1 block from Copacabana beach. Nice sunset point within 3 min walking distance.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Very nice

I didn't like the pool and only one opcion of cereal bread and one option of yogurt

I like the staff, all very nice, the wonderful location and the room recently new.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Perfect location in the heart of Copacabana/Ipanema, 5...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Really hard to find speaking English/Spanish staff - it's nevertheless the least you expect in a 4 star hotel... + issue with the linen (the bed was so big than the linen didn't fit well)

Perfect location in the heart of Copacabana/Ipanema, 5 minute walk from the beaches, beautiful double room with balcony, super big and comfy bed, powerful hot shower, great breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Excellent location

Breakfast adequate and WiFi intermittent but neither were poor.

Excellent room and great location. Staff helpful and friendly. Would return without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Not great value

The breakfast was poor - few choices, and very crowded. I booked a double, and was given a twin. They said they would change it the next day but didn't . I was upgraded to a "deluxe' room, which was quite large, but sparsely furnished, and quite noisy. I felt that I could have got better value elsewhere.

Location was great - easy walking to Ipenema and Copacabana beaches.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

great location, good breakfast

Our room was in the middle of the building so even if you open the windows ventilation was a little bit problematic.

It is in the intersection of Copacabana and Ipanema beaches so it has a great location. Breakfast was wonderful. All the equipments in the room and bathroom was new.

The location was perfect, the rooms were absolutely gorgeous...
    • Standard Twin Room

The lack of WiFi connection in the rooms was very frustrating as it meant we could only connect in the lobby - this was the only disappointing aspect of our stay.

The location was perfect, the rooms were absolutely gorgeous, the breakfast was delicious and we really enjoyed the sauna.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Great location, service and value

Great location. Very helpful staff, especially the receptionist on my first day. The room was very comfortable and a nice size. Breakfast was good and always freshly replenished. I would definitely stay here next time.

nice room, could walk to Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, little inside of beaches, no nice view

I paid full amount to Bookmyhotel but was asked to pay more at reception

hospitality of staff, neatness, my room

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The beds could be better for the price!2

Recommended

Noise from next door.

Amazing shower. Good breakfast. Helpful staff. Great location.

Excellent location

Shower head in first room not that clean

Room with balcony excellent Staff friendly East access to ipanema and copacabana beaches

Excellent value in a top location

Rooms clean and spacious modern but simple decor. Breakfast had a good selection. Location great for beaches.

Cleanliness

Great location Good breakfast

Location and personnel

Location and personnel

Relaxing and near everything

The fact that sometimes staff doesnt treat you really nice when you are young

Nice breakfaast, good location, nice hotel

Amazing staff, really friendly and excellent service in...

Amazing staff, really friendly and excellent service in every way! I will be back for sure!

Everithing was great, thanks for all !

Everithing was great, thanks for all !

The staff is very friendly!

The staff is very friendly!

Location, good service

Wifi was unstable

Location, good service

Great staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great staff. Very polite.

Nice location between Ipanema and Copacabana
    • Deluxe Double Room

Sound of arriving elevator next to our room was a bit annoying

good location, friendly staff, spacious room (deluxe room)

Very good breakfast, and fantastic personnel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very good breakfast, and fantastic personnel.

Good location but poor accomodation

Small room, view and the Noise

Locarion close to Forte Copacabana

Reveillon in Copacabana

Huge room and the bathroom quite small

Good location Rooms are simply but comfy

Very bad Internet

Very bad Internet Not confortable Bed Construction noise around Very small rooms No easy power plugs near the beds / anywhere in the room

Would be nice to have some place to hang clothes, swimsuits...
    • Standard Twin Room

Would be nice to have some place to hang clothes, swimsuits and towels.

Clean and friendly staff

Very basic room

Clean and friendly staff

Very friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very friendly staff! And the location is perfect.

My stay was great!

Nice place, rude staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some of the staff is quite rude. Rooms are not sound proof.

It's walking distance from copacabane and ipanema. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Pool was very small, wifi was quite slow.

The location was great, staff were helpful and friendly, breakfast was really nice

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Good location poor rooms

Rooms are very old. There is an urgent need of renovation

The location between Ipanema and Copacabana, although not sea-view

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

The majority of staff, in particular the concierges were...

The majority of staff, in particular the concierges were very polite and extremely helpful!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Good and fair

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

In the morning the Wifi doesn't work.

In the morning the Wifi doesn't work.

Good value choice in great location.

Rooms a bit small and facilities a little light but you know that when you book.

Ample breakfast. Courteous staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Brkfst was ok but nothing special

Location Service Room Wifi

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Bad WIFI connection

Bad WIFI connection Pool was cold and dirty

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

More hygienic control, please.
    • Standard Twin Room

At breakfast I found a genital hair (!!) inside a bread. This never happened! I couldn't believe it.

The bed.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

- Very nice hotel in great location between Copacabana and...

- breakfast could offer few more choices - Sauna was not switched on

- Very nice hotel in great location between Copacabana and Ipanema beach - very friendly, helpig and competent people at the reception desk - very nice, large and clean room (new building)

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Wi-Fi worked horribly. Staff was not friendly. Rooms could be better decorated. We were expecting more from a 4-star hotel

Great location. Nice rooftop

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Everything was great --- location, breakfast, service &...

Everything was great --- location, breakfast, service & helpful frontdesk staff! especially the night-duty staff (on April 2, 2016) who accepted my request to buy stamps (sello) & mail my postcards. BIG thanks!

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

Location was awesome and the staff was helpful.

From the outside and the lobby it actually looks pretty nice, but the rooms are very old. Shower door was broken, smelled funny, ants got all over my stuff, couple of holes in the wall, and one of the windows wouldn't fully shut.

Location was awesome and the staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

After paying with credit card I received message from my...

After paying with credit card I received message from my bank that there some one used my card on groupon.br I have reason to believe that someone from hotel stole my credit card details.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

The room was as advertised.

The pool area was not very inviting at all.

The room was as advertised. Clean and comfortable. I had a balcony room on the 5th floor and the street view was nice for people watching. We kept the door to the balcony open most of the time even through the night and was not disturbed by noise. The hotel is a block from Copacabana Fort which location wise means you are right where Copacabana and Ipanema beach meet, so we got to experience both beaches. Breakfast was delish. All of the staff were nice and accommodating. We wanted to change to a late check out and that was done with no problem for a few dollars more and we checked in well before 2 which was nice because we arrived at like 10am.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Good room in new department of hotel.

div. rebuilding but this must soon have an end.

Good room in new department of hotel. Super bed - two singles - put together by us. Spacy big room with big balcony. fine morning buffet in old department...Helpfull staff all over. You are in the hotspot between two fantastick beaches - very safe neibourhood. Tip. Try morning swimm with the lokals near the fishermenn at posto 6 on copacabana....( very shallow waters there with small waves or no one at all) and chek out samba bar with samba de mesa at Beep Beep care near by in sidesteet to copa. + Lunch outside at the fortress on the reataurent there...(not the cake cafe (always full)

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Copacabana Praia Hotel traveller photo gallery