Reviews of Golden Tulip São Paulo Jardins 4 stars

Alameda Lorena, 360, Jardim Paulista, Sao Paulo, CEP 01424-000, Brazil

#252 of 516 hotels in Sao Paulo

Was OK for one night

Breakfast wasn't quite up to standard of similar hotels in Sao Paulo. Espresso machine worked when it wanted to. More fresh fruit choice and larger bowls for granola.

Friendly staff. Very helpful

Fantastic
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff were so lovely and happy to help any query - all very proffesonal and ready to help in a minutes notice. Hotel room was wonderful and pristine and clean! Would 100% recommend !!!

Not returning. Better hotels for same value.

Front Office staff was very nice, but the hotel needs an overall update. Room is old, with mold and humid same as bathroom. Cleaning is not properly done, dust everywhere. No duvet, I asked for one, it was cold, and they brought me an old blanket that smelled really bad.

Location and front office staff was nice

Good location old property
    • Standard Twin Room

Outdated and not clean. It looks much much better in the pictures . Breakfast is the same everday. Walls are very thin so very noisy

Location was great

No good enoght

What I didn’t like was the fact the hotel wasn’t fully booked, and I arrived at the hotel at 9am, when the check in was at 1pm, and I asked if they could let me go to the room, as the room was empty! And they simply said that I had to pay for half day, If I would like to go to the room at that time. And I payed because I was really tired. My point is, they could easily let’ me stayed in the room at the arrived time without paying any extra cash.

I liked the area, the staff. The hotel Wasn’t that bad, but for the price that a payed I was expecting some thing more likely great. So, yes I was disappointed.

Disappointment
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

the room needs urgent update, Old and dirty furniture, bad mattress, peeling bath tub, old floor, no power adapters for american laptops, no iron in the room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, there are many better options in Sao Paulo.

breakfast

Very good hotel

It is the hotel for value vs. money. Everything was great. The staff so helpful, the breakfast was satesfying not too much variety but overall it was very good. Not far from Paulista just few minutes walking. Will definitely go there again in my next trip.

No longer I will stay with this hotel.

All equipments were. Furnitures were so old like other equipments. Far from the centers. Around 7 blocks away. But located at the downhill place. Gym equipments also were very old.

Room was big.

Lovely!

The couldn’t quite understand How the AC worked but when we got it Working, it was nice. Also the stop to the bathtub didn’t work so we couldn’t take a bath

Breakfast was really good! Lots of fresh fruits and all sorts of bread and eggs and oatmeal. The bed was comfy and the room was very spacious. The staff was really nice and helpfull. When we needed to print out some stuff for our next trip, it was No problem! Would love to stay here again!

The hotel was very clean and had good breakfast
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

I booked hotel for 2 people with booking.com but when I reached there I was told the booking was only for me and not for my wife. I had to pay extra money for my wife to stay there. This is not acceptable. Very disappointed.

The hotel was very clean and had good breakfast

disapointing
    • Standard Twin Room

the worst dirty swimming pool in the world. We did complain and were informed it would be cleaned soon, but it was not done when we were there. Breakfast is average.

not much!

Most friendly and helpful receptionist ever, so lovely and...

Most friendly and helpful receptionist ever, so lovely and great first impression of hotel. Couldn't have been more sweet, giving me directions to a function I was attending along with a helpful map, ensuring parking in car park and facilitating an early check in. If nothing else had gone right with hotel this lady ensured I would have left with a good impression. Fortunately everything about the hotel was exceptional, and I don't give praise lightly. It was clean, stylish, roomy with excellent service in both bar where we had lunch and restaurant where we had dinner. Food was beyond good and great value for money and service in both places attentive and efficient. Room itself was well equipped and comfortable. I could go on but suffice it to say I was very pleased with my stay, and although short and sweet this time, I hope to be back for a longer visit in the future

Great hotel.

Great hotel. The staff are really kind and helpful. The room was large, clean and bright with brilliant views over the city and the location of the hotel is great. It is in a safe area that you can walk around in alone and i found it quick and easy to get around to the rest of the city using taxis and there are trains and busses from near by too. The breakfast was also fantastic with a large buffet selection.

Everything.

Everything. I loved the food from the restaurant, it was delicious when I ordered room service, and when I had lunch at the restaurant :)also breakfast was good a lot options!

Very good location!

The bed lacked a mattress protector.

The breakfast was very good. The staff was helpful and polite. The location is fantastic! Close to Oscar Freire Street, Avenida Paulista, and 15 mins walking to Ibirapuera park.

Good location, clean, standard hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Big room, but badly distributed, beds crammed next to closet, but lots of empty room in "living" area. Could do with a bit more bedding (I was cold and had to ask for an extra blanket, which was refused at first, but they got me one at last). Also a teapot and complimentary tea/coffee in the room would be nice. Also, the gym was under rennovations until Apr-28, but when we got there in May, it was still under construction.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

-Great and safe location, walking distance to Av.

-Actually, there there is nothing negative I would notice about this hotel, I liked the hotel

-Great and safe location, walking distance to Av. Paulista and many other places/restaurants -Nice, clean and big room as on hotel photos -Nice and rich breakfest buffet

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

You get what you pay for

The rooms were tired, the bath and shower had mould, the fridge was very noisy, sound proofing was not great and the room smelled of damp as the air con was temperamental

The location is good, the staff speak good English, the breakfast is fine and plentiful, the bed was comfy, there is a hair dryer in the room and you get free wifi

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great location, tired hotel, bad service, bad wifi

We reserved rooms for three people and they gave us rooms in different floors, although we asked not to. The wifi is REALLY BAD, we couldn't believe we were in a chain for stars hotel... if you need to work please don't go there. And finally breakfast was a daily nightmare!!! They never had clean cups, clean plates, clean spoons, yo have to wait for everything.... they have two coffee machines but one of them was always broken, yo had to do a long line the get one coffee... unbelievable!!!! About the rooms, they are a bit tired.... this hotel needs to be renewed....

The location is great, I always choose that area. The size of the room is OK.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Reservations are not accurate

I booked double bed room. But when I arrived hotel, they said There is no vacant double bedroom. Change to twin bedroom. The taste of the croissant of breakfast got worse than before.I was looking forward but it is a shame.

Bathroom is good.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The breakfast was awesome.
    • Standard Twin Room

The roomservice didn't comply with expected. There was no hot water one day (because there was no gas), in my opinion a hotel of this category has to have a back up plan if this happens usually. The wifi wasn't good at all.

The breakfast was awesome. Te views were great.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Good room

I'm not sure about the location, it's really further away from the Main Street Av Paulista. It was about 25 minutes walk and can be a problem if you have a lot of luggage and taking the metro to your destination. Unfortunately, I don't think the staff has a lot of knowledge to provide information on places of interest. They were very friendly and try to assist but were not able to provide as much information about the main places to visit. In the end I just google and found a free walking tour. They also suggest that Brigadeiro was closer metro station to the hotel however I feel Trianon Masp is so much nearer.

The room was big, wifi was good and breakfast was nice. The staff was very kind to allow me to check in late.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Beware: the hotel will pre-authorise a creditcard upon...

Beware: the hotel will pre-authorise a creditcard upon check-in. Nothing wrong with that, but they might not use the same authorisation to settle the final bill: leaving you with a block on your card for that authorised amount for weeks. I sent a message to the hotel to get the pre-authorisation removed, but GT never bothered to even answer. Beware also: there are two GT hotels close to each other, make sure you get the one you are actually looking for. This is the lesser of the two, but that is positively reflected in the price. Twenty minutes waiting for check-in is sub standard in my opinion. 'Sorry, it was busy' is not really an excuse.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The rooms need a makeover
    • Standard Twin Room

The room needs a bit of renovations. The floor was a bit demaged and it would cause any accident if someone walks without shoes, in this case me. The Tv reception was not so good, the aircon makes some noise after using for long. Bathroom was okay. Staff from reception and restaurant was friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Nice place with a big mess

Several problems with the booking. No show fee was deducted because of incorrect administration. Check out date was also incorrecty administrated, therefore I wasn't able to enter my room and it wasn't cleaned either.

The breakfast was great. Wide variety of delicious foods, pastries, fruits etc.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

The location is great, in a safe part of the city.
    • Standard Twin Room

The blinking light on the smoke alarm is so bright and flashes constantly. Really lights up the room. The rooms are a little dated but clean

The location is great, in a safe part of the city. As a female solo traveller I had no problems walking around close to the hotel. Varied choice at breakfast. Staff are very helpful

Too thin walls!!!

the walls are so thin that I could hear the neighbours like if they were in my room!

Good location but ageing hotel and breakfast staff not helpful, food below average...

Staff not very helpful, ageing structure, staff at breakfast not good

Location, clean room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

we made reservation for 1 double bed & hotel offered us...

we made reservation for 1 double bed & hotel offered us twin bed room Except that all other things were good

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was below average in terms of both quality and variety.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

Exceptional Location

Wifi poorly signal and queen bed was too small in length.

Exceptional Location

wifi is not good enough

wifi is not good enough

Bad internet.

Bad internet. Old hotel

Good Location.

Outdated decoration.

Good Location. One of best neighborhood in São Paulo.

O ar-condicionado desligava periodicamente, provavelmente...
    • Standard Twin Room

O ar-condicionado desligava periodicamente, provavelmente porque estava pre-programado, mas eu não soube desativar.

Value of money
    • Standard Twin Room

Staffs at reception are all helpful and friendly! Breakfast is good! Room is comfortable and shower is good!

Great.

Everything .

Nice and clean with great breakfast.

Nice and clean with great breakfast.

Good size room .

It was a little dated so didn't have wow factor

Good size room .good location .

Go for the location, nothing else!

Old fashion bedroom and multimedia system

Excellent stay with excellent service

Excellent service from staff, some spoke good English. Very good location.

Recoendable

El spa

El restoran

Terrible
    • Standard Twin Room

Worst service at the reception I've ever had. I would never recommend it to no one.

Perfect location

Perfect location

Nice hotel splendid staff

bathrooms getting a bid old

always nice ro stay super nice staff

The service

The king size bed is to small . We ask for iT !!!! And we recieve A smaller bed

The service

Polite staff, good breakfast, clean room, good internet.
    • Standard Twin Room

Polite staff, good breakfast, clean room, good internet.

Bad value!

The room walls were too thin. We could hear every breath from the room next door. Mattress was bit uncomfortable.

Good location.

Location- very close to Avenida Paulista, quite safe area.

Location- very close to Avenida Paulista, quite safe area.

?

Modern comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Good value for your money with friendly staff!
    • Standard Twin Room

The room's deco was a bit dowdy needs freshen up.

The size of the room nice hotel entrance with friendly staff and great buffet breakfast!

I recommend it.

The shower didn't work very well.

Not near the subway, but near restaurants, bars, bakeries. Quiet, clean, excellent service.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Great hotel in an incredible location
    • Standard Twin Room

First night I slept in a two bed room and the bed was terrible. Next day they changed my room

Location, breakfast, friendly staff

Good value for money

Toilet seat and 110v chargers

Room space

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

OK

hot food variety needed

Cereal choices not varied

Very average for the price

It was not so clean and staff not super friendly. Parking was not included and I was only told on the last day.

Location is great.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Ok for short stay

Old style room Fitness center is a joke... equipments out of service, damaged...

Very kind staff Well located

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

could improve

free welcoming bottle of water needs better gym facility

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

It's not a 4 star hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

Old stuff, wifi not for business, gym old, swimming pool dirty, room old. .

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Room and Staff

breakfast was a little messy

Room and Staff

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Amazing cost benefit in the heart or Jardins

everything was fine.

The hotel is really good and extremely well located. The staff is super friendly and they complied all my requests.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A hotel that needs for sure be renovated.
    • Superior Double Room with Balcony

A hotel that needs for sure be renovated.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Helpful and kind staff, wide variety of breakfast options,...

The staff does not speak English properly, a little bit expensive.

Helpful and kind staff, wide variety of breakfast options, excellent location.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Excelent hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Reception staff could be more polite

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Comfort basics.

As usual and like all hotels in Brazil, very slow wi-fi speed

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Very Good

The breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

It's in a good location

The clean plan is not nice, pool is small, the Gym is old ...

It's in a good location

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

The room size and breakfast were very good

wifi wasn't working most of the time which is really bad for a business hotel. They happily charged me 50% of the room rate for early check in even thought the room was ready but didn't offer any discount to compensate for the bad internet connection. What was supposed to be the best hotel on my Brazil trip turned out to be the worst.

The room size and breakfast were very good

• Reviewed: 14 April 2016

The reception staff!

Hotel is old, noisy, you can hear everything. I have given my feedback direct to hotel

The reception staff! They would deserve working in a better hotel.

• Reviewed: 10 April 2016

Our room was not cleaned one day even though we had been out most of the day. That was only a minor issue

Great location. Nice area with lots of good restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2016

The staff were very friendly and the location to the park is...

The room is outdated and having a shower over the bath is not very safe, very dangerous and slippery, not suitable in most world standards these days. No English TV news or movie programs.

The staff were very friendly and the location to the park is very close for relaxation. Internet very good.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Very noise air con, had to change rooms and the improvement was little, the location of the smoke detector and the intensity of the lights are so high that it shines on you all night not allowing you to have a restful night. Also hard to step in and out of the shower bath.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2016

Good food with plenty of choice.

Bar area was very small, & breakfast time was very busy, however the choice of food available was excellent. The pool area wasn't the most inviting.

Good food with plenty of choice. The room was very comfortable, & the staff very friendly with good English speaking reception.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The staff were very nice and friendly

My room was not very clean, a bit dated in its decor and I had terrible issues with the wifi. I booked the hotel because it had a swimming pool and "dry" sauna, the sauna was not working and the swimming pool is located in a small courtyard between high rise buildings and therefore it receives a minimum amount of sunlight for a minimum amount of time.

The staff were very nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

Decent location and felt safe.

Room for one person fine but for two possibly a bit cramped. Toilet took forever to flush.

Decent location and felt safe. I asked for a renovated room like the pictures online and that's the room they give me. I was pleased. Wifi worked well. Overall good experience. Breakfast is good- nice selection of food.

There are also 55 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

gogbrazil