Reviews of San Martin Resort & Spa 4 stars

rodovia das cataras km 21, Foz do Iguaçu, CEP 85855-750, Brazil

#41 of 119 hotels in Foz do Iguaçu

Staff was amazing, accommodating to all your needs and extremely helpful. I felt safe, the hotel room was amazing and very clean —- what a great place to stay!!

Resort's decors give off a relax and unwind vibe and room is as shown/described. A free airport shuttle is also available at arrival if requested. It is located very close to Iguazu national park entrance, which made it very convenient to get to the falls, but that also means it is a distance from the city center.

The room was spacious, comfortable and very very quiet. The breakfast and dinner buffets were absolutely great, delicious food with plenty of variety. The spa was also very nice with a great massage!! It was overall such an enjoyable and relaxing retreat in foz do iguacu

• Super Class Double room

The hotel room was much smaller than i expected it to be. I had reserved a Super class double room but the room was very small. Definitely not value for money. In fact standard rooms are much better and are half the price.

The only thing which i liked was the fact that the property is closer to the falls

The beds could have been wider and a little more comfortable.

The location, professionalism of the staff and their desire to serve the customer and the quality of the environment.

For the price we paid is not much what we getting. There’s no coffee or tea in the room no complementary bottle water, only shampoo, conditioner and bar sop in the bathroom, the room quit small, the bed pretty hard

Location very closed to NT Park

We told them it was our honeymoon - and hoped for a nice room. We were put next to a room with building works so there was banging and drilling going on when we arrived in the room next to us. Our room although nice smelt of fresh paint so obviously some renovations going on. Pool was full of dirt and leaves so couldn’t swim. Spa was nice but you have to pay extra money just to sit in the jacuzzi! We did a tour offered by the hotel though the only tour going was in Spanish - we met another English speaking couple who were told there was no one else wanting to do the English speaking tour so they too were in the Spanish one and couldn’t understand a word. I wouldn’t stay here again.

Next to Brazilian falls and close to airport.

The room was very old and had a musty smell to it. It was not very pleasant spending much time in the room and I have developed a dry throat/cough from it (and no it is not from the aircon as I am very used to sleeping in aircon as I live in a hot country). The transfers offered through the hotel were very expensive and the hotel was not accommodating with helping you to arrange with a local taxi company instead. No free transfer was offered back to the airport considering the drive is less than 5 mins. The price quoted for a transfer is USD 6 which I find very expensive for such a short distance. The food in the restaurant was ok but nothing special. They should provide more variety under the buffet option.

Location for the Brazil side of the falls was brilliant. Internet worked very well. Free pick up at the airport and the driver used by the hotel were great. Pool was good.

Mattress was past its sell by date, a bit saggy at the sides. No view from window, looked out on narrow gap between buildings.

Excellent location, walking distance to park entrance, bird park, helipad. Pleasant grounds, good sized clean room, excellent shower, very helpful English speaking staff. Was worried about noise from Airport but there was very little. We were able to check in early which was wonderful. Food was good enough, not excellent. Large comfortable reception area.

• Super Class Double room

First of all, I regret we didn't rent a car. The hotel is very close to the parks, in a quiet area, but getting downtown may be extremely expensive if you don't drive a private car. The taxi drivers can charge up to 80-90 BRL to take you downtown, which is 10km away, or 20-30 BRL to the airport, 5 minutes away, literally behind the corner. Room: I am wondering how it's possible that a hotel room doesn't feature any electrical outlet next to the bed. I had to unplug the alarm clock to be able to charge my phone, because no other outlet was available, other than one behind the TV. Finally, I wish the staff could supply some basic higiene items in case of emergency. On the day of our arrival, I realized that I had forgotten my toothbrush, I asked the receptionist if they could provide me one but they said that the only option was to buy one from the convenience store located next to the reception. Too bad the store was already closed and I had to wait for the next day to get one...

The property features a relaxing pool area with towels and snack service available. Also, the private trail through the forest takes the guests to a nice viewpoint over the Iguaçu river, and, if you're lucky, you get to see some local fauna like birds and monkeys. Staff is nice and professional. The restaurant offers both a buffet menu dinner and à la carte, both options being reasonably good. The price is not cheap, but still an affordable option compared to the restaurants downtown. The room we were given matched the description provided on the website for what concerns size and facilities: comfortable bed, a/c, really nice shower. Parque das Aves is a 5 minute walk from the property.

Basically I didn’t like anything about the hotel. Their customer service was very poor and bad. I changed my room 3 times because each room has a cigaret smell and I couldn’t sleep also because the bed wasn’t comfortable. Also, I have been told by them that the shuttle from the hotel to the airport is not for free just because I made the reservation trough Booking.com. My whole experience was bad!!!

Only the location of the hotel.

• Super Class Double room

Rooms need some updates, but this is a heavily traveled hotel with good reason.

This place is great! The breakfast and evening buffet were terrific. The location is amazing! Walk to the falls! Wonderful pool, private trail to the river on hotel grounds. All food we ordered was very good and large portions.

• Super Class Double room

The locations of the hotel is fantastic as short walk to the national park and bird reserve. The staff and hotel generally was fantastic with great pool to cool off . They arranged transfer from airport and early morning 7.00am transfer and return to the Argentinian side which i highly recommend so we got on first train to the top station

• Super Class Double room

The Front desk was not very helpful. No free return to the airport if your flight is early. Check in still made us fill out paperwork even though I said I filled this out online as the hotel suggested and emailed me about four times. No help with our bags.

Virginia and Carol at the excursions/activity desk were amazing and quite frankly the best part of our stay. The Front desk persons were not that helpful during our stay, for check in nor check out. I asked for them to arrange airport drop off and they pointed me towards the activity desk (which lead me to question what do they do since it seems the activities desk seems to do everything). So we had an ambitious goal to see both sides of the falls in one day. You think with such an ambitious goal and arrival time at 9pm before we would have a plan right??? But we did not... lol. But Virginia very much crafted a plan for us at 930pm. And the plan worked. We saw Carol in the morning who booked a boat tour on the Argentine side. We went to the Argentine side, did a boat tour, did the longest trail on the Argentine side and came back in time to see the sunset on the Brazil side. The location of the hotel is perfect as we walked back to the hotel from the Brazil side and felt safe doing so. Only thing we missed out on is the Parque de aves which we could have seen if we had gotten up a bit earlier and been better organized. All in all, with Virginia and Carol at the excursions desk, a private driver and a plan, you can do it all in one day. The room was nice and clean. The food was decent (we had a la carte each night so I cannot speak to the buffet). You have to pay to use the spa facilities which is something I wish I had known. It is not expensive but I did not want to pay the daily fee if I was only going to use it for an hour to relax after our long day. The women working there was very pleasant and told me about the offerings. Also, the hotel picked us up for free from the airport but we had to pay for our return as we had a 6am flight. Breakfast was decent.

The rooms were really lovely but a little small especially as we had been upgraded to a larger room which was still smaller than your average hotel room. Really clean however.

The hotel was beautiful in lovely surroundings and only a very short walk to the entrance of the falls on the Brazilian side. They also offer an excursion to the Argentinian side. We ate in the a la carte restaurant the 2 nights we were there which was really nice and good value for money. The pool is lovely.

The hotel is located very far from anywhere and buying water and basic groceries is a problem. You have to buy for example water from the bar, which will cost you 5.5 R$ for 500 ml when you can find 1.5 liter bottle on the store for 2.3 R$. The travel agent counter at the lobby will charge you a lot for going to the Argentina side of the falls 260 R$ for a 2 way simple ride. While if you contact the driver directly you can make it for 180 R$.. unrealistic secrete fee of 80 R$ which really annoyed us.

The hotel looks very good and has a great pool and even a basic gym a lot of ground and a very good vibe .

I like American foods for breakfast, but that is just me. Actually, everything about this hotel was superb!! It was like a 5-Star facility!

The staff there were friendly and very helpful--and that is everyone--from concierge to busboy to maids. The location is great!

It was my second time in this hotel, localization is very good just 300 meters from park or even less, resort is big has their own interior tropical paths which you can enjoy with your family, its very clean and safe, food was really good.

Didn't enjoy the food much. Wifi didn't work for approx 1.5 days of our stay. It's 20mins to town and costs about 50 brl with a taxi. Aircon in the room refused to switch off. Was told we got an upgrade but previous guest decided to move rooms. Why would they give us the same room?

Walking distance to the falls and bird park. Comfortable bed and good linen. Clean bathroom. Lovely pool area.

The food at the hotel was below average for both dinner and breakfast which is a shame because it’s 15km out of town so you have no other choice. The staff were also terrible, slow and a little rude. After providing basically no service at all they had the hide to ask for a tip.

The hotel is located across the road from the entrance to the National park

Night staff/waitors at bar should work on their customer interactions a bit more.

Great place. Walking distance to Iguaçu National Park. Hotel had great facilities incl. Pool & Breakfast. Friend staff, Very helpful.

• Super Class Double room

The breakfast was slightly above average.

Hotel is located within walking distance to the entrance of the falls. There is also a wonderful aviary located right next door. The hotel grounds are beautiful with a nature trail that leads down to a river view. We saw monkeys and a flock of toucans! The hotel restaurant is quite good and reasonable for dinner. We ate there every evening as thhere are no other close by options for food. There is an excellent travel agency located in hotel lobby with extended evening hours. This hotel is about a third of the price of the hotel that is located inside the fall's park.

Room was tired looking. Spa nice but extra charge just to use sauna and jacuzzi! Gym locked. Did look good cheap hotel for families with games room and playpark.

Breakfast buffet ok. Evening buffet disappointing. Liked being in walking distance to Iguazu falls. But hotel was comfortable rather than Superior ( as room booking suggested)

The Front office Manager. Very bad. Breakfast was okay but they have 14 different bread and cake! Should have more hot choices.

The majority of the hotel staff are very nice. For example, Silvano, Gessica, Everlin, Juliano, are all excellent. The hotel has a large pool and is surrounded by lovely gardens.

Brazilian food was great but stay away from international food like pizza and club sandwiches.

We loved the little jungle walk down to the river. Excellent spa. Location was perfect.

Had a problem with Check out. The clerk behind the counter was not the most pleasant person to deal with.

The room was a nice size and the bed was very comfortable.

We arrived late and could not join the tour to the Argentina side of the waterfalls the next morning. Due to the isolated location of the hotel we could not easily find other options in town and were therefore forced to take an expensive private transfer arranged by the inhouse tour operator. On the way back to the hotel we were picked up 30 minutes late which is unacceptable if you pay 70 Euro per person for a 1 hour drive.

Breakfast and dinner were very good. Hotel has a nice jungle setting, near to the airport and right next to the bird park and entrance of the Brazilian side of the falls

Great location to visit the Waterfall park, the Birds park and for the heliport. Beautiful garden with a nice walk to do and nice swimming pool area Amazing friendly staff and efficient tour operator to arrange day trips and tours

• Super Class Double room

They offered a free pickup from the airport. They didn't show up to pick us up. We called them in advance to let them know that the flight got delayed and we need the pickup one- 11/2hours later.We have to take a taxi to go to the hotel. We were very disappointed with the way the hotel handled the situation.

fruits were very good. Fruit juices are excelent.

Not having more time there!

Location was excellent, very peaceful and tranquil. The walks around the property were lovely and walking distance to the falls. Fabulous place would highly recommend

Staff in general could have been more proficient in more foreign languages

I liked the access to computers and wi-fi. I liked that I could check in much earlier than I expected - very useful after a long overnight journey.

• Super Class Double room

I do not understand why they use the courtains within the pathways to the bedrooms and the available water from the tap as well as the water they serve at breakfast is just not drinkable due to its smell and taste of chemichal products.

Travel agency within hotel, location and staff politeness. VERY GOOD!

• Super Class Double room

Poor wi-fi. Spa is not free, which is a really poor management decision. Also the hotel cannot provide you drinking water to fill your bottle.

Breakfast and swimming pool areas are quite nice. The location is close to airport as well.

Staff not very helpful, had booked a double bed, instead we had 2 single beds and yet paid the same price as the receptionist advised us to put the beds together. The location is very good just wish they would be more enthusiastic for a better review.

Very close to the entrance of the park.

• Super Class Double room

The fronts staffs. Most of them except Jessica is really cold and unwelcoming. Not sure this is the kind of hospitality in this hotel ? They front staffs some of them don’t speak fluent English which is a bit an issue , but not too big issue for me, but the attitude. They don’t care of trying to accomodate and making your stay pleasant. The food ordered in the room service is a pity. I ordered tenderloin steak, I don’t feel the chef loves his job, my plate consist sad looking steaks and sad looking steamed veggies ;( . I don’t feel the these people are happy to accomodate you. They don’t even try to make your stay being memorable. During the check out, the front staffs called up the taxi, irritatingly answering my questions , as if they cant wait for you to leave. I found the concierge staffs and in restaurants a lot warmer and nicer.

Nice decent hotel with decent facilities. Nice kids room. Close to the gate of the National Park

The pool was not big.

I enjoyed my stay there. Good location with walking distance to the entrance of the National Park on the Brasilian side. The room and the other hotel facilities are clean and well kept. Friendly and English speaking staff. A nice forest area in the hotel with pleasant walking trails.

• Super Class Double room

The rooms and hallways were very hummit. In the room the airconditioning was facing the bed directly, cold wind during sleep on your face is not desirable, sleeping without airco makes the room very hummit. In the morning a lot of noise in the hotel by the housekeepers. When i gave this feedback during check out to the Front Office Lady she said: Then you should have told us so we could change room, but offcourse ar 7 in the morning with only 1 night stay this is not the right handling of complaints. No empathy was shown at all. At check in there was no information given by the receptionist, didnt inform about breakfast, facilities etc. When asked about the Falls he just said: 400 meter on the right. I really had to ask for more information. This hotel is not worth 4 stars.

The young bellboy was very profesional and friendly. He explained during we walked to the room the hotels facilities and asking questions of personal interest. When entering room he turned on the airconditioning.

Everything was great. Only thing is that the city 'Foz do Iguaçu' is around 10km away, so there are not much other options to go out to or eat. But if your purpose is to visit the waterfalls, this location is perfect! And you can always grab a taxi to the city. This will be nicely arranged by the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent, just as the bar and restaurant. Located just 200 meters from the Brazilian entrance of Iguaçu waterfalls. All excursions could be easily arranged in the hotel, so during our short stay we could do everything we desired. There is a playroom for kids, a spa, and a marvelous outdoor area with swimming pool. The people are very friendly and willing to arrange everything, even dinner after our midnight arrival.

Paid hostel price for a garden boutique hotel with a great garden view, spa and most of all the hotel facilitated our transportation to cross Argentina. It was hassle free since our driver took care of our border crossing requirements, falling in line and getting the exit from Brazil and stamp to enter Argentina. What a service, please give the driver a big tip.

The location is walking distance to the Iguazo Park. Near the bird santuary and the hotel has great garden. Amazing view and great value for what I paid. Breakfast is ok but not great.

The staffs attention depended too much on the individual person, there should be a better selection or training. The tipping system is very annoying coming from Argentina because you’re not going to withdraw cash for 2-3 days just to leave a proper tip. If you charge it to my room put an extra section on the bill to add a tip... my room had no view at all... which is given the open bungalow style of the hotel very poorly planned from the beginning... it should be differentiated between those rooms and explained on booking.com. I was unaware that all I could see is another wall and window of another room. The pull down curtains are 100% light proof so you are either left with a good view on all your room from the outside or darkness...should be exchanged ... Also... there were holes in the Moskito net in the bathroom „window“ (air outlet at the top)...

Amazing location for the Brazilian side, obviously a resort so don’t go alone!

Food was reasonably priced but not exceptional and there are no alternatives nearby. As often is the case there were not quite enough loungers around the swimming pool. In our room 613 hot and cold taps in the shower were swapped. If you want to secure the group all day trip to Argentinian side do it immediately or even before the arrival. It cost 85R /person and for up to two people is good value. For more people taxi that should not cost more than 100R one way would be a cheaper alternative.

Excellent location very close to falls, bird park and the airport. Free airport transfer to the hotel (but not back). Swimming pool, pleasant gardens and a nature walk. Air conditioned room.Three course buffet dinner costs 68R and there is reasonably priced a la carte menu.

• Super Class Double room

The gardens are beautiful and the swimming pool área excelente. We took a couple from Scotland who adored the hotel and the kindness of the staff. Excelent location being so near the Brazilian side of the falls.

The bar, although service, drinks and food were good I think it needs a facelift to make it a more inviting space

Perfect location Great buffet breakfast Friendly efficient staff

• Super Class Double room

Spa is open only few hours in the afternoon. Paid transfer to the airport. Basic decor in the room. Big restaurant, open space without privacy.

Great location, 5 minutes from the airport, just neighbor to Parque das Aves, with hundreds of tropical birds and 5 minutes walking to the entrace of Iguaçu National Park. Own tropical park with sightseeing road (15-20 minutes trail) with view point on river. Nice place to go to listen to the exotic birds and relax, usually without other tourists. Free transfer from the airport :) . Pleasant external pool with bar. There is also gym, volleyball courts, soccer and tennis. Room and bathroom are big, standard is 3-4*, no special décor, just basic equipment, but with safe. Good breakfast and dinner buffets with variety of choice in the restaurant, although restaurant room is big and crowdy so rather not too romantic, much better is to eat breakfast in the part of the restaurant that is outside (few tables on green patio). Wine selection is basic, still you can find some good South American wines. A few computer are available 24h. Internet connection is ok. Spa with small swimming pool and saunas is extra charged and open only few hours in the afternoon. The hotel is very good starting point for visiting both Parque das Aves and Iguaçu National Park on Brazilian side, as both attraction are really in close neighborhood. Strong advantages are outside swimming pool and possibility to walk through native forest behind the hotel . Good value for money.

• Super Class Double room

Opening times of the spa only until 8pm. Would be great to extend this for relaxation after a full day of walking in the park.

Location walking distance from the Brazilian entry of the waterfalls. Neat and clean room, staff very friendly.

You have to pay $R50 extra to sue the spa facilities which we did, but considering its called a spa hotel the facilities are very small for the size of the hotel. The Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna could fit 6 people in comfortably and they also only had 4 relaxation beds. Breakfast was OK, wasn't the best we had in Brazil. It was my partners birthday whilst we were staying at the hotel, I tried to arrange something for the day before we arrived, but with no avail. I emailed 4 times and didn't get any response.

The hotel is a short walk from the parks entrance, so it was really conveniently located. It was set in beautiful grounds and the hotel itself its beautiful. There is a tour agent at the hotel who is very good, they arranged a taxi for us to take us to the Argentinian side, help us through immigration and bring us back to the Brazilian side, he really was great.

• Super Class Double room

The list of problems is endless. Not least by the fact that the management wouldn't even have a conversation with me. The staff kept ferrying back and forward relaying our conversation to whoever it was in the office, despite agreeing with my issue. It got worse as the stay progressed. Totally unhelpful and couldn't care less. The hotel and its partners clearly are just trying to get tourists money. Pick another hotel I strongly advise. They wouldn't even have achieved 1 star from me.

My partner and I both loved this resort! So comfortable. The staff were a definite bonus of the hotel, so helpful and friendly from the first instant :) Jessica checked us in, with a complimentary upgrade. This was very appreciated! The breakfast was excellent with so many options to suit everyone. A little pricey but definitely worth it. Thanks San Martin resort and spa :)

The breakfast was fine, but not in the same league as the evening meal.

Excellent evening buffet. Clean rooms. Staff were very helpful. Jessica on reception spoke excellent English and even checked us in for our flight back to Rio. Outstanding service.

The location is perfect to visit the bird park and Iguazu Falls, just a ten minute walk. The property is beautiful with a nature trail down to the river with birds and monkeys to enjoy viewing. Our room was clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was quite good considering my husband doesn't usually like buffets. There was also the option for a la carte. The front reception had some English speaking staff and all were friendly and helpful.

bit old and dated. Doors are paper thin and you can hear every one I the hallway.

It was close to the visitor centre for the Falls. You can walk there. There is also a bird park inn walking distance which is well worth a visit. Border crossings are organised at reception. Excellent service.

The rooms were alright; ours had limited natural light and the bathtub wasn't in good shape. Meals at the restaurant were also just ok. Make sure to bring your own water as the tap water is drinkable but salty and they don't allow you to fill water bottles at breakfast.

I liked the arranged transportation to the Brazilian airport. They have an external excursion/transportation agency in the lobby, which makes planning activities and getting to the parks easier. The property and public spaces were beautiful, despite the construction going on in several wings.

Lack of slippers, needed to pay for spa amenities like the sauna. Wasn't entirely clean, found a dying roach in the room. Somewhat remote, leaving fewer options for food.

Great location right next to the Brazil-side Iguazu Falls National Park and Bird Park. Convenient agency inside the hotel that provided assistance in getting around to different tourist attractions, including a trip to the Argentina-side National Park.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Didn't really dislike anything. I suppose the room is a bit small for the price, but it was clean and bed was comfortable. The general appearance of the hotel corridors etc is perhaps a bit out of date, but I wouldn't let that upset you.

Close to airport and free airport transfer was very efficient. Close enough to walk to bird park, unusual given that you can't really walk anywhere in Iguazu. Big grounds, quiet at night, could see stars. Well located for Brazilian side of the park.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The carpet is a bit old along the hall way to the room. We were recommended by the hotel for the buffet dinner and show at Oba & Oba Show Brasil, Av Mercosul 400 Jd.Veraneio. The dinner was very disappointed, food was not fresh and low quality.

The location is perfect. Close to the Bird park, the helicopter ride over the Fall, and the entries to Iguacu national park. The environment and setting in the resort is peaceful, quiet. Like the decoration (the curtain drop !) along the hall way to room.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

No transport to the falls was available at time of our arrival so we had to walk in the rain several blocks on wet grass. We certainly would have taken a taxi had we known, if the tour advisor at the hotel had told us the route was on the side of a very busy road.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great hotel, walking distance from the Bird Park and the Cataratas and with its own nature trail at the back. The breakfast was excellent. For R$ 120, they let you keep the room till 6pm, very handy if you have an evening flight.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Super Class Double room

Poor wifi reception in rooms, restaurant opening times not compatible with children. Poor standard of food, with a lot of it being overcooked.

Pool, staff,location to waterfalls

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Super Class Double room

1- They need to have more training for staffs to learn how to behave with tourist, they have more than one hour delay for free pick up airport transportation but the reception guy didn’t apologies for it, we requested for a cozy room for our honeymoon trip, but they gave us the worst room exactly next to the reception (it was really memorable!!)??!! 2- The room facilities were very poor; the cleanness is a big problem especially in bath room. The bathroom is too old and dirty as we weren’t happy to bath in this condition. 3- Water pool was oily and dirty even early in the morning!!?? I think water refinery doesn’t work anymore. So we didn’t use the outside pool. Consequently the hotel have good infrastructures but strongly they need to renovate hotel facility such as room decoration , bathroom and pool area .Upgrade training schedule for management and staffs to be more responsible, helpful and smile.

The property location has great access to the forest step walk, very close to the Iguaçu Falls and next to the Bird Park, but too far from city center and restaurants. Landscape of hotel is nature but the facilities of hotel have not been renovated and too old.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Tours wiped out all the breakfast food. Had to wait a little while to get a table and for food and coffee to get replenished.

Could walk to iguacu Park. Also taxis and bus stop to town and airport were within a block or so. The restaurant and bar on site were nice.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Super Class Double room

The reception attendant, whom helped with all the questions I had. The room was like heaven, quite, clean, comfortable and affordable. The buffet at the restaurant and the breakfast as well. It took me literally 5 min walking to get to the waterfalls park. Perfect location.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

We lost one pair of shoes in our room just after the cleaning, pretty sure it was mis-cleaned out by hotel, however, they dont even try to find it.

The location is awesome! Near to the bird park which worth visit. The hotel's garden is beautiful and they have SPA service, trully needed after long day trip. The front desk speaks good English and wifi is good too.

The rooms and breakfast is a little tired for a resort. But good value for money!

Location is perfect, you can walk to Brasilian side park! The hotel has free airport pickup very nice!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The place is not maintained well, e.g: we had bugs in our room, the water didn't run well, etc. and it was also in our friend's room, so - it is not like we got a bad room... in addition breakfast was not fresh, and they do not speak English well, so - room service is an issue..Note, it is very far from the city and will cost $25 each way. we think it is a 3 stars hotel, maybe even 2.

The priceless got was good, relatively to the season and it is very close to the airport .

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

When I checked out, I had to pay additional telephone fee. But we had never picked up the phone. Because we could not speak spanish and portuguese. If we checked when and where we used phone, we surely could not pay that. But we did not have enough time to do that because we had to go to the airport and the driver waited for us. Thus we just paid that.

아침식사와 잠자리 모두 좋았습니다.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Older lady at the reception was not very pleasant-wouldn't give us the room before 3 pm (official check-inn time) even though the room was ready.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

The standard room is small, Wifi connection issues.

Good location, walking distance from both the Falls entrance and the Bird Park. The pool is great, also the garden. Breakfast and buffet dinner is recommended.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Special Offer - Superior Double Room

Dinner buffet was overpriced and mediocre. room service - price was reasonable, but food was mediocre. There are no other meal options without a taxi into town, so that was disappointing.

If the purpose of the visit is to go to the falls and bird sanctuary, this is the perfect location. From the hotel, you can walk to the park. (would have liked a foot path - little uncomfortable walking in road). The hotel itself is nice, wood floors, bathrobes in rooms, nice pool. Breakfast buffet was good.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

In room 615 we found a cockroach on the first night and another on the second, then they ofered too change rooms.

5 minutes from the airport and at walking distance to the iguaçu falls on the Brazilian side.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Super Class Double room

This is not a 4 star hotel. The facilities are old and tired, there is a strange musty smell in the corridors and a strong smell in the communal areas, especially the restaurant. So much that we took a cab into Foz do Iguassu city every evening and hung out there. Even though the pool was nice, the restrooms behind were disgusting, hadn't been cleaned and smelled terrible. Also, the en suite bathroom in our room had a clump of someone else's hair on the floor when we arrived, which we flushed down the toilet and tried to forget. This hotel could be so beautiful and has loads of potential, but obviously the owners bank on the fact they are in such a good location next to the park that they don't need to bother with proper maintenance and cleanliness. I plan to come back to Iuassu again, but won't be staying here.

The hotel is a great location for visiting the falls, the gardens are nice and the staff helpful and friendly. The food in the restaurant was ok. The room was ok but not the bathroom.The pool area is nice but the facilities quite old and worn out.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Simply amazing!! A piece of paradise where relax and enjoy everything. The staff super kind, the prices honest, the spa and the masseurs super professional. Room very nice modern and elegant. We enjoyed everything. They did a phone survey the day after the arrival and I suggested to provide gluten free bread for breakfast and the next day was there !

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Excellent location for visiting the falls on the Brazilian side. Free airport pickup, very clean and comfortable rooms, gorgeous grounds, friendly and helpful staff. OUTSTANDING value for money!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

The food wasnt the best quality, though there was plenty of choice

Lovely comfortable room with much need air con. When ours broke we were moved to another room promptly and efficiently. Good pool area with service. Staff were extremely patient and helpful when I (wrongly) queried the bill after departute! Leave plenty of time to explore the grounds and walks. I would stay there again

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Recept was rather rude and insisted on extra charges at check out, need to book airport transfer in advance, no transfer to airport

Decent rooms but dated hotel, near airport, free nature trail

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Food choices were not the best and prices were steep. One of my main issues with this hotel was extortionate price of a side of salad which consisted of 3 slices of tomatoes some chopped onion and a lettuce leaf for almost the same price of a good portion of fried fish. It just all very disproportionately priced. The hotel is far from the city so you won't find shops to buy some basic food items if you want to have some snacks at hand workout paying the expensive hotel bars and restaurant.

The hotel is walking distance to both Parque das Cataratas and Parque das Aves. The hotel is beautiful and comfortable. Great shower and bed. Staff are helpful and polite.

Browse San Martin Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery