2. Brazil hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Ibis Guarulhos

Reviews of Ibis Guarulhos 3 stars

Rua General Osório, 19, Guarulhos, CEP 07024-000, Brazil

#19 of 35 hotels in Guarulhos

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Our overnight in Guarulhos

Breakfast was a bit disappointing. The cut fruit looked quite dry, the baked goods looked a day or two old. The system didn't update with our payment so they asked us to repay at check-out. Luckily, we has our reciept.

The room was spotless, very clean! Bed was comfortable. Happy with our room! The staff were really friendly and helpful! The shuttle to the airport was well organized. There were food trucks and music right next to the hotel! It was perfect for an overnight stay!

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Good option for airport

Easy option for airport hotel. Free shuttle every hour. Breakfast buffet good and many options. Had to change room as first room had mould and damp smell...changed with ease and no issue. Recommend for those needing economical airport hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Good bang for the buck
    • Standard Twin Room

A bit outdated rooms; Shuttle didn’t have AC on a hot day! Lunch buffet overpriced.

Staff; Location in Guarulhos city center (restaurants; malls; etc.); On time Airport shuttle; Amazing breakfast; Shower; Pet friendly.

Convenient for flights from Sao Paulo Guarulhos
    • Standard Twin Room

Our first room had a bad drains smell but the staff happily moved us to a different room which was OK

Easy access to the airport which is several km away - there is a shuttle bus for a small fee.

Good stay near the airport

They say there is a (free) shuttle from the airport, but we didn’t get to utilize it because our flight times did not correspond to the service hours.

We stayed here for less than 8 hours—just to get a few hours of decent sleep and a bath before our onward international flight. Room is clean but facilities are basic, what you would usually expect from an Ibis. There’s not much around in the area around the hotel, but it’s a great option if you just need a quick place to bunk in between flights, as it just 15 minutes away from the Guarulhos Airport via Uber.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Basic and affordable.

-Property is dated compared to other ibis properties I've stayed in. -Sheets were clean but had a dull white almost greyish color. -Staff including front desk had limited english.

-Free airport to hotel shuttle that runs every half an hour. Transfer from hotel to airport with a small fee. -Restaurant staff did their best to assist us. They did not properly speak english but made sure we knew how the buffet works. -Affordable, no fuss night stop hotel before going on another flight.

Location, shuttle bus to airport, standard of rooms are good.

A bit overpriced for the food/drinks, and the toilets looked old, not very well kept comparing to the rooms itself.

Location, shuttle bus to airport, standard of rooms are good.

The staff are very friendly and that made communication very easy.
    • Standard Twin Room

No tea kettle and drinking water in my room. No CNN or BBC on tv channels

The whole atmosphere is very good and the personnel very friendly, rooms are kept neat and tidy

The staff were lovely and very friendly, particularly the...
    • Standard Twin Room

My brother got stuck in the bathroom because the handle on the door was broken. When I tried to call reception for help, no one answered. However, after I went downstairs to reception to find someone, the staff member who came to help was very apologetic and helpful. The plug socket in the room was broken and the drain in the shower was blocked so the bathroom subsequently flooded. When I complained about these things in the morning, I received no apology or compensation from the girl behind the desk - slightly disappointing.

The staff were lovely and very friendly, particularly the man on reception when we checked in and the man who freed my brother from the bathroom.

A good resting place after a long journey

I did not like the breakfast's

The reception staff were excellent one Renato, spoke excellent English and was very helpfull as were other reception staff.

Block out curtains.

Check out can take a while, I had to ask to jump ahead so I didn't miss the airport shuttle

Block out curtains. Great on-site restaurant for buffet, 7brl shuttle to the airport

Good location, close to the GRU Airport with shuttle.
    • Standard Twin Room

You have to pay for parking and for the breakfast.

Good location, close to the GRU Airport with shuttle. Good internet. Close to bars and restaurants. Near to shopping area in the city centre. Easy way to get Dutra Road. Extended time for breakfast, starting very early around 4AM.

It was fine. A place to sleep which I needed.

The front desk person was wonderful but knew hardly any English which would have been helpful for me as unfortunately, I don't know any Portuguese either! A stain on the material on the suitcase bench at the front of the room gave a bad first impression but I saw quickly that the room was clean.

It was convenient to the airport. I just had an overnight layover and it worked out well. They do have a shuttle (free to the hotel but R$7 to return to the airport) When I called the hotel for the shuttle, a very helpful gentleman answered and spoke English well. The shuttle runs every hour on the hour and I didn't want to wait until 11 p.m. so took a taxi. Takes about 10 minutes to get there for R$50.

Worth the money for a comfortable flight stop over

Very outdated and old compared to other Ibis hotels Expensive food and drinks. Nothing much nearby to find somewhere to eat / woudn't walk around the neighbourhood at night

Comfortable room and hot shower. Affordable option for a stopover in Sao Paulo. Friendly staff (but if you don't speak portuguese, you may struggle) Stayed here multiple times as its the best option for a decent price. Free airport shuttle bus to take you from the airport to the hotel, and 7 reais to return to the airport. FYI *SHUTTLE BUS - January 2018 From terminal 2, walk to the far right exit, cross the road and walk more to the right. The shuttle bus airport-hotel comes on the hour, every hour but stops in the late night / early morning. I couldnt find this information anywhere prior to my stay apart from peoples reviews. The bus from the hotel-airport is every 30 mins, 07:30, 08:30 etc.

I will not be staying there in the future.

The person that checked us in was very unpleasant. I did not feel welcome. He was quite sassy. Apparently my reservation had been cancelled due to a declined credit card transaction. The hotel did not notify me of such thing. The hotel is quite run down. It needs renovation. The breakfast was not good.

The parking was affordable.

Convenient

Booking says they give the best price, when I entered the Ibis website, there was the same price with Breakfast included :/.

I only needed a safe and comfortable place to sleep before going home, found out this Ibis offering a free shuttle from the GRU airport (and 7 R$ to go back there) with an affordable price. Fitted like a glove, nice staff (don't know if they speak English tho).

Just OK hotel.

I think they can do better with the cleanliness, specially bed sheets and bathroom.

Vanessa, a girl in the front desk, went the extra mile to help me with all my request. She is definitely an asset for this hotel. The common areas look nice, but rooms were just OK for the price, but she was definitely the factor for not rating the hotel poorly.

Satisfactory and convenient for a 1 night stayover between flights.
    • Standard Twin Room

Suggestion for some gym equipment, eg. tredmill or bicycle

The food was excellent. Very tasty and enough. We appreciated it that we had no need to put a foot out of the Hotel. Everything was there. It is quiet and we had a good rest. WiFi excellent.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in

WOW! Horrible - Customer Service mainly. Waiting in line for 20 minutes to be checked in. 2 Receptionists assisting with customers. I finally go to check in and go to the front desk and she disappears. I kindly wait there. The only available receptionist finishes with her customer and calls the next in line leaving us just waiting there. Horrible impression to set. Hotel felt cold and wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone.

Nothing - Horrible place and do not recommend to anyone.

Convenient for Guarulous airport

Restaurant buffet was very limited in variety and not that good. We saw many people ordering in take away and would do this if we stayed here again

Quick and easy access to the Guarulos airport via their shuttle service. Shuttles leaves the airport on the hour and returns from the hotel at half past the hour (return costs 7 reais pp)

Economic hotel

None a single staff are willing to speak English. Please adopt to the diverse and international guests.

Breakfast buffet and it's proximity to the airport

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Easy to access the airport

I had stayed here previously so I knew how to take the shuttle bus, but unfortunately it never arrived in the allocated position, even though I waited for over 1.30 hours (when it was still operating) at night to save money on a taxi. Instead I had to pay 60 reals for a taxi, and then the shuttle bus arrived at the hotel at the same time as me, but it had collected people from a different area and not the allocated area.

Comfortable hotel to access the airport. Very helpful and friendly staff- My shower didn't have hot water, but it was fixed very fast and efficiently.

near to airport, they have shuttle to airport for 7R$

everything, no room service no comfortable bed no water at room no mini bar. i don't like it at all 👎

near to airport, they have shuttle to airport for 7R$

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

This hotel is to be avoided. It need to be torn down top to bottom

The place needs to be torn down , imploded and rebuild from scratch. This is a disgrace to anyone staying there

Nothing about this run down, antiquated, dark and cold hotel

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The guys at the reception are not friendly at all.
    • Standard Twin Room

The guys at the reception are not friendly at all. We were 2 girls, that asked for help with the luggage when arrived. The receptionist said that they can not do it. We asked one receptionist to explain to us how to go to the center of sao paulo (aka. Paulista avndina) she said that the only way was a taxi.. we went by a taxi, paid 120 R$ and then found out that we could've done it with bus and metro for 9.5R$. Last but not least- our reservation was for 2 nights. The next day of the check in - the receptionist called us and claimed that we reserved just one night. There was a long argument .. the last solution was that we paid extra money for staying the second night (although our reservation was for 2 nights in booking and we showed them). I will add just one more thing, the staff do not respect his hosts and when we tried to explain things to them, they didnt look at as at all and continued talking in portuguese with each other... Very bad experience, i dind recommend it for anyone

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

The hotel is not too far from the airport, the free shuttle...

We had no idea when the shuttle to the hotel arrived, we waited for about half an hour at the airport and were almost about to take a taxi. However, the shuttle servicw was great. Also, you have to pay to take the shuttle from the hotel to the airport. Breakfast was nice, but you also had to pay for it. The sheets on our bed were not big enough to cover the entire mattress.

The hotel is not too far from the airport, the free shuttle takes about 10 min. In the hotel there is always something to eat or drink, in their bar or restaurant. We had dinner at around 10 and the pasta was very tasty. Also, there is a breakfast buffet from 4.00 till 06.30. The staff was very helpful and really nice, especially the staff in the restaurant. The room and bathroom were clean and big enough.

Unfriendly staff. Expensive dinner, breakfast and parking

Unfriendly staff. Poor dinner not at all worth what they charge you for it. They charge an absurd R$25 for parking. That was not clearlying stated on Booking.com!!

Good location for traveling by car.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Close to Guarulhos, less so from São Paulo

You will take a lot of buses and metro connections before getting to São Paulo. The bathroom door never properly closed. It was no capital crime, but the bathroom remained wet for a while... The refrigerator made all kinds of strange noises all night long. It seemed an offshoot from Fast and the Furious... I asked for some copies in the reception and staff told me would cost 0.1 reais each one. Eventually it costed 0.5 reais each.

Ibis standard. Clean, functional, comfortable room. Price OK...But take a look at transports in advance. Close to Guarulhos airport and includes a transfer to the airport (as I arrived from Congonhas, I missed this crucial information - the airport taxi is way expensive).

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

The rooms were very simple.

No information provided in printing in the room

The rooms were very simple. There is absolutely no information in the room indicating services provided by the hotel e.g restaurant openings hours - no information to what one can do when staying there in the surrounding areas that would be very useful. Also no blanket provided The same applies for the restaurant - absolutely no signs for the food where the cups and cutlery is ones need to walk around to find it. International hotels for the same price offers much more

• Reviewed: 12 January 2019

Suffle times, noise canceling

Suffle times, noise canceling

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Overnight in Guarulhos

Nothing really

Room was clean, conveniently located to airport, staff were friendly.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

Conveniently located business hotel close to Sao Paulo airport with decent airport shuttle service. Local area is well served with restaurants

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

Great value.
    • Standard Twin Room

They spoke English at front desk.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2018

A 15 min ride from the airport, perfect for overnight stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

A 15 min ride from the airport, perfect for overnight stay. Ibis standard quality. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2018

Very good place to stay in transit in Guarulhos - SP.

Very good place to stay in transit in Guarulhos - SP.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

I really enjoyed the breakfast.

I really enjoyed the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Airport shuttle service and very nice and helping staff.

Airport shuttle service and very nice and helping staff.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Everything!

Nothing I didn't like!!

Everything!!!! Very supporting staff!!!

Transfer do aeroporto para o hotel

Transfer do aeroporto para o hotel

Baggage storage for free and sending mail to the hotel was...
    • Standard Twin Room

Baggage storage for free and sending mail to the hotel was helpful in addition to the price / confort

Clean hotel, excellent price
    • Standard Twin Room

far from sao paulo downtown

Clean hotel, excellent price

Made it my trip much easier.

The We it wasn’t very satisfactory.

The staff workers

good overnight accomodation

The room needs a bit of maintenance. Only minor things though.

Good room, quiet and good night's sleep. Food was good and staff very helpful.

Ok Hotel for one night. Restaurant reasonable

Check in and check out is so slow. Took about 10 minutes to buy the shuttle bus ticket. With cash.

Convenient for airport and clean

Ok for a one. Ightfield stay but don't expect speedy service

Slow check in and check out. Bathroom lighting poor

Comfortable bed. Reasonable food

I was charged 2 times for my breakfast...I paid in cash and they charged card,no changes for dolar,

my stay was ok

no cold drink in room.

help full staff

It’s the 3 third time I stay at Ibis Guarulhos. I like to stay in there because it’s affordable, clo

It was nice to be there. Not a place to vacay. More a sleep place for business people.
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast closes too early

The shuttle was convenient. The hotel was basic. I'd say it's fair for the price you pay.

close to the airport, but grumpy staff

grumpy staff

comfy bed!

Great option for an overnight stay..!! close to the airport

it's a practical option ....

Close to the airport
    • Standard Twin Room

Ibis is a great option to spend the night before flying from Guarulhos airport.

Recommend this place just to sleep over if waiting for a flight

Nothing for a tourist in that area

Not much its budget friendly

I like your bathroom which is larger than most of the IBIS I...

I like your bathroom which is larger than most of the IBIS I have visited ...

Good location, good service.

Service was good.

Nice and clean place

Carpet old

Kindness of staff

Great hotel

Great hotel! Clean, friendly staff! Short walk to a bus stop for going into São Paulo centro! Would definitely stay again!

A little too expensive for the overall quality.

Information on Booking page does not inform that shuttle service is not 24 hours. Had to find my own way to the hotel.

Staff attention

Only good for its purpose: a place to sleep while you wait for your next flight in Guarulhos.

Bad bed.

Good location and transportation to and from the airport.

Transfer Aeroporto Hotel

Transfer Aeroporto Hotel

Nearly missed my flight because a bad information of the staff on the check in desk.

Staff and services

meh

far from airport (advertised as close) accomodations sub-par compared to other Ibis hotels

breakfast was nice

Comfortable and convenient

Cleanliness was a bit below standard, and hotel restaurant was not good at all.

Comfortable and convenient

Comfortable. Clean. Reliable.

Ibis a decent hotel for the money. The breakfast is pretty good for the price. Lot's to choose from the buffet.

The food was miserable

The food was miserable

The bathroom was clogged.

The bathroom was clogged.

Very Good price.

Very Good price. Good location. Room size is ok for Tokyo standards. Would definitely come back.

Good

Next to GRU airport

Demora no check in

Demora no check in

The staff was very friendly - both at reception and in the...

The room is adequate, but rather basic and sparse.

The staff was very friendly - both at reception and in the dining-room.

Very nice place to stay and pretty close to the airport.

Service very reliable and affordable.

Short stay close to the airport

Close to the airport.

#Ibislovely

no smoking......

dinner was all i always wait for every evening, lol so much to eat at a cheap price.

Great reception.

The parking service...

Great reception...

Great for short stay near the airport
    • Standard Twin Room

Close to airport. Has WiFi. Fast check-in and check-out. Airport shuttle.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Ibis Guarulhos traveller photo gallery