Reviews of Pousada Natureza

Praça da Amendoeira, Morro de São Paulo, CEP 45428-000, Brazil

#23 of 118 B&Bs and Inns in Morro de São Paulo

• Panoramic Master Duplex with Spa Bath and Sea View

The property is dated and at the moment has a building site in the middle of it which means building material is being spread through the posada. The staff are willing but being stretched by poor management and lack of numbers which again is a management issue.

The view was amazing and there is an amazing tree at the entrance.

• Panoramic Master Duplex with Spa Bath and Sea View

There seemed to be only one person there who spoke English. The lady that we dealt with at reception who only spoke portuguese was actually very nice so maybe the 2 star rating for staff was a little bit harsh but i put this based on the restaurant ladies who apparently were no help whatsoever, were not interested in helping out the guests (by this I mean, doing their job), refused to even try and help anyone that didnt speak portuguese (apparently couldnt even understand what Coca Cola meant) and spent the whole time chatting to one another.

I did not actually stay here but am reviewing on behalf of my parents. They had the deluxe room with the bath on the balcony and it was lovely. Very clean, very luxurious, very comfortable and the view from the tub was lovely. This hotel is right next to the dock where you arrive so unless you have a lot of stuff you could save yourself some money and not use the barrow boys who take your luggage as it really isn't far. And it's just off of central so it's quiet enough but still being a nice walking distance to the town and beaches for eating in the evening.

• Panoramic Master Triple Loft with Sea View

The staff engaged in discriminatory practices. The owner was notified and upon "investigating" sided with staff who lied about the incident. We initially enjoyed our stay. The grounds and accommodations were nice. The mirror was cracked and there were ants in the bed but as this was in a natural setting we overlooked these observations. We found the night watch employee to be unfriendly at best. He would lurk in the dark after hours in the restaurant seating area which was also the route to return to our apartment. Upon greeting him "Boa noite", he always remained silent. On our second night we returned with two friends visiting from São Paulo who were staying at a nearby pousada. He immediately ran in front of us yelling " Nao pode, nao pode!" - telling us we could not bring our friends to our room. We asked why and he said because they did not pay. (This is in Portuguese) we explained with the help of our Paulista friends (who were black) that they were not staying over - just visiting and they had their own pousada down the road. I also asked why our other roommate (who was white) was allowed to enter with her friend without problem a few minutes prior. He continued to refuse our entry so we asked him to to call a supervisor. After several requests he got on his phone but refused to tell us who he was speaking with or allow us to speak with the person on the line. I told him that there were no rules in the agreement preventing visitors and our Paulista friends translated everything to him very clearly. I speak enough Portuguese to have general conversations but for this situation we used our friends to explain. He continued to refuse and make a big scene so we sent our friends home and later that morning I went to reception to request the manager. The receptionist knew of the incident as soon as I gave her the apartment and the owner came to speak with me within 15 minutes. He said he heard of the incident but wanted to hear my side.

The view from our apartment was beautiful.

• Panoramic Master Loft with Sea View

Great pousada close to the harbour, city center and beaches. Beautiful Seaview, good swimming pool and very tasty breakfast. You can see the sunset from the pousada. Staf is superfriendly and helpfull! We would highly recommend posada natureza.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Luxury Bungalow with Sea View

My only complaint was that the wireless internet in our room didn't work. The staff tried for our entire visit to fix the problem, but it continued. They also offered us another room. However, other than the internet problem, we loved the room and decided to stay where we were.

The property is in a great location, just meters from the arrival point of the catamaran. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is also lovely. The staff also helped us a number of times to book excursions and our trip back to Salvador.

• Standard Apartment with Balcony

The view of the room very poor, when we arrived the fridge wasn't work and the pictures uploaded in booking are so different from the reality. It only accurate to the apartments.

The people of the hostel very charmie and the location is the best

• Panoramic Master Duplex with Spa Bath and Sea View

Located on hillside with many stairs.

Good location near the pier and town center. Walking distance to beaches. Room with jacuzzi. Excelent restaurant and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Standard Apartment with Balcony

I guess everything comes with a price. I got a lovely room upgrade to the very top of the pousada. Keep in mind when booking rooms, the higher up you go, you will have to go upstairs step by step, over 100s if you are in the very top. Think about a 4th floor without elevators. Unfortunately I had a minor injury on my toe that made a daunt task to go to my room when I realized the lack of accessibility. I guess the whole island is difficult to stroll by if you are not in your best health.

Location is great! One of the first pousadas when you arrive at Morro de Sao Paulo’s pier. The lighthouse is “just above” the pousada. There are also 3 upper scale clubs and bars near by. It takes about 10-15 min to reach out the closest beach walking thru the village. Breakfast was superb, variety was ok but quality and uniqueness of cakes and pastries amazing. We were very lucky to get a last minute upgrade during checkin to one of the top rooms: very spacious, clean and breath taken view of the ocean and sunset.

The housekeeping. 3 days without new towels

Location, size of the room, jacuzzi.

• Luxury Bungalow with Sea View

The manager miscommunicated.

Location was good, pool nice and service staff great.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

No one at the hotel speaks english ,it makes it very hard to communicate

The place is great beautifull and clean

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

The only problem for me was that most of the staff spoke no english, and no spanish. But they were all really nice, so things worked out. Restaurant menu and materials in the room had english translations.

The location and the grounds were just beautiful. It's beautifully landscaped, with a lovely view of the harbor, including from the open-air restaurant. The interiors are all tastefully decorated with nice art. It's right by the "town square" and the dock, so it's a five minute walk to the first beach, but that made it more tranquil than most of the places in Morro.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

Everything was amazing! The view from the room to the see was incredible. The food, and the people working there are great! It really is a nice spot.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2016

Not a problem for me, but there are lots of high and uneven steps to navigate in the property. English is not that we'll spoken by the staff.

It's close to the harbour so easy to get to, with a stunning view over the water. A short walk to the beaches.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2016

The second day, pool got closed for maintenance. Issue was quickly resolved but we missed an afternoon watching the sunset from the pool area (a must).

I stayed at Pousada Natureza and was really pleased with my choice. I had the king room with jacuzzi and the view was breath taking. Rustic decor, clean and comfortable, I felt as if I was in Greece! Inclusive breakfast was amazing, many choices with fresh fruits, pastries, breads, real fruit juices and tapioca in order.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2015

Well, my room was a bit stinky (musty smell), beside that i could hear the sanitary water from the room next to mine (each time someone went to the toilets n flashed the water i woke up - but just the first night, after i complained and they offered me another room, but there was no need to change it, coz the room next to mine was empty for the rest of my stay). AC is fixed directly on the other side of the bed means it blows into you - some people are used to sleep with AC blowing, but i can not. Eggs at breakfast were always cold. Location is not that good - its next to the port, means beaches are quite far (i would rather stay somewhere near the beach 3,4 next time). They will charge your credit card immediately after booking.

Nice view over the sea, very calm, very close to the port, staff is always smilling, breakfast is nice - fresh juices n fruits (and NOT the same every day).

• Reviewed: 4 September 2015

Cleanliness of the bathroom is OK, but the floor in the room wasn't so clean

Very pleasant staff. The room had an incredible view on the sea and was very comfortable. It is a quite calm location, though very close to Morro's center. Excellent restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 June 2015

The hotel is in town, so some noise is part of the deal. Kids lighting firecrackers in the plaza, music thumping in a discotheque down the road...nothing too bothersome, but I was there in low season. When you stay in the convenient center of town, it's not going to be a completely quiet experience. That said, it's much more peaceful than anywhere on Segunda Praia. If you really want peace and quiet, you need to go to Quarta Praia or over towards Gamboa.

I was traveling by myself, and this pousada was situated in a safe part of town, a very short walk from the ferry terminal. It was an easy walk to the beaches, and at low tide, it was possible to walk on the beach to Gamboa. The stretch of coast between the pousada and Gamboa is so beautiful! The staff at the pousada were all very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and very clean, and had a gorgeous view of the ocean and the sunset. Breakfast was phenomenal (but I never stayed in a Brazilian pousada with a bad breakfast - one of the great things about this country!)

• Reviewed: 8 February 2015

The wifi didn't reach our room.

We booked this pousada on our last day, since we decided to spend an extra day on the island. It turned out to be a great choice! Amazing cost - benefit. Rooms are brand new, and it has one of the best views of the sunset.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

ANTS IN THE ROOM, SLOW RESTAURANT SERVICE, INTERNET IN ROOMS DOES NOT WORK

STAFF FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL, COMFORTABLE BEDS AND MAGNIFICENT VIEW

• Reviewed: 11 November 2015

Excente vista do mar e por do sol dos quartos mais altos.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

We had one of the suites with private hot tub. It was fabulous and we really enjoyed our stay.

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

gogbrazil