Reviews of Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana Regente 4 stars

Avenida Atlântica, 3716, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 22070-001, Brazil

#212 of 451 hotels in Rio de Janeiro

I read a few reviews people complaining about the floor...

I couldn’t get the AC to turn on but wasn’t a problem since it wasn’t that hot out side just opened the window,

I read a few reviews people complaining about the floor being dirty but having tile floors and next to the beach it’s almost impossible to keep sand out, the view of the ocean from our room was amazing, the staff was very helpful, they had free chairs and umbrellas with towels at the beach

perfect stay in Copacabana

nothing!

location. helpful and very friendly staff. Vini the receptionist was very pleasant and Claire the head waiter at the resto was so good and very entertaining.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

NOT UP TO EVEN 3 STAR STANDARD.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Although I saw a maid cleaning the floor of my room the floor was and remained dirty throughout my ONE MONTH STAY.When in the room I wear white socks and after every 3 nights they were DIRTY.Under the bed was Never cleaned as there was an orange under the bed when I arrived and was STILL THERE when I left.The same with dirt around the floor where I slightly moved the bedside drawer.

Staff were pleasant.

lov staff no 1
    • Standard Twin Room

all fantastic favorite staff location breakfet bed view steam sauna pool...all fantastic lov lov loveverything

lov staff no 1 breakfast great bed the best view the best

The location was very nice
    • Standard Twin Room

Firstly, we have been charged extra money there which was not mentioned anywhere. Then, We reached hotel early (we have already decide with the staff that of room is ready they will give us) The hotel staff took all our documents and start processing. Start asking us for details which are not necessary. We we're standing in one counter and could see people coming , taking keys and going to room in another. We are not from Brazil (India). We literally was feeling very odd and sad standing there and answering all the questions and filling all the details. We booked 2 rooms. We insisted either to have a deduction from credit cards of 500 (2 cards as two room, although the booking was on my name), later he got ready to take cash. After 1hr and 30 mins the staff person finished all the formalities and then told us that room is not available and we won't get it before 2 as our check-in time is 2. We all get furious as why dint he told us everything in first place but we dint want to spoil our vacation mood, we calmly ask them what can we do.. they should us common washroom. We all along with a 3 years small baby got ready there. We could hear the giggles and see the faces of other staff who were looking at us. This was not a good experience. In last 2 years this was the first time I feel that Brazil still needs to be welcoming

The location was very nice

Pathetic experience, smelly rooms

The room that was given to me wasn’t even prepared and cleaned. I entered the room with towels on the floor and bed Not made They gave me another room and that too had a strange smell. The rooms literally look bare n the floor was sticky. They did not have even tea set up in the room. Will never recommend this to anyone. Hugely disappointed

Nothing actually apart from the location

Great location, friendly staff

The place was a little tired; for a Grand Mercure I expected a little better. I was disappounted that they would not accept the Accor Card because I booked with Booking,com and not direct with them

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Excellent hotel, excellent Location, lovely staff x

The pool was very small and not many people could fit in the space around it but who needs the pool when you have one of the most famous beaches in the world so close x

Staff were extreamly helpful when we had an issue with flights. Breakfast was absolutely amazing, so much selection. Location is smack bang on the middle of Copacobana boulevard.

Basic no frills

The staff did not care. I asked three times for a room service menu, ordered dinner without knowing my options, waited for a menu again so I could choose breakfast. Check out man did not speak English. I was trying to explain that my room service charges were actually missing from my bill, but he first assumed I was trying to argue that my bill was too high. I asked for water to be put into the empty minibar, it arrive too late to be of use for me. This is a cheap low-service hotel with a great location.

My stay was disapointment from wath I expected

The room that I get was very disapointment. Very diferent from the photos that was show in the site. No view to the beach in the room. (was show in the photos). The clean off the bathroom was poor.

the breakfast was very good

Best value on the beach!

Breakfast costs extra

Great location and great value compared to other properties located on the Copacabana strip. Love the rooftop pool and bar area. Seaside rooms have a fantastic view of the beach.

The location was very good.

The hotel rooms are not what they show on the photos. We changed rooms because ours were simple impossible to sleep in, dirty, old and smelly. The new one was a little bit cleaner, but again the tap was leaking, sometimes the shower didn’t have hot water. It seems they bought an old hotel and gave it a name of Grand Merccure, however the facilities are not at the same standard as the other hotels from the chain.

The location was very good.

Good location but needs refurbishing!

The street next to Building B is very noisy until late at night, and since there are no shutters on the windows, only the glass doesn't keep the noise out. The blinds aren't wide enough to reach both walls so at dawn's first light, and with no shutters, the room becomes bright. The restaurant service is slow, the food took an hour to arrive.

The location is great, just across the street from Copacabana Beach, walking distance to Forte de Copacabana, Pedra do Arpoador, Ipanema Beach and vans to Corcovado departure stop.

Amazing staff, great breakfast an decadent instalations

Rooms are old, a bit dingy. They informed me that the hotel is going to go through a makeover soon - and it really needs one. It has a decadent feel to it - but so does Rio and Copacabana. For the price, I would expect better - but the service they provide really made us see pass this...

The people that work in this hotel are amazing - always ready to help with a smile on their face. 100% of the people I interacted with were super nice. Breakfast was also very good with loads of options and everything fresh and tasty.

Central and great value for money

The pool is small but the view is worth every penny!

The location is excellent and also offers a fairly good breakfast. The room was basic but offered a fridge and all normal amenities. WiFi was also really good.

Great central location, helpful reception staff and friendly...
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

Noisy lift shafts heard from the bedroom, very squeaky! And the bedrooms are not soundproofed (gap by the window into next room) so they probably heard our baby crying and we heard them having sex! Rooms are tired, stained lampshade, one glass and 2 towels for a three person stay. Rooftop pool is very small and sadly the solarium (sunbed area) was closed for maintenance.

Great central location, helpful reception staff and friendly waiting staff. Comfy beds and lovely toiletries. Nice breakfast buffet selection and will make hot food to order if requested at the kitchen window.

I will choose a different hotel next time
    • Standard Twin Room

The room had bad furniture, the room towels were falling apart, and there was only a shower, no bathtub.

Great location but certainly NOT a four star hotel.

Large hotel, great reception staff and location but bad bathroom and annoying lift cards!
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

Crowded messy breakfast area. Lift card system. Poor shower and blocked sink. Hotel too big! Pool area disappointing.

The reception staff..amazing assistance - made the stay! Great location opposite beach. Great breakfast variety.

The brekfast was excellent, the teem was nice and very kind,...

The wifi didnt work all the whole stay and even when we calld no one came to help us.

The brekfast was excellent, the teem was nice and very kind, the location was amazing too.

Great Location.
    • Superior Triple Room

Bathroom was not clean and smelly. Bed was uncomfortable.

Great Location. Great view from the roof top. Nice Gym. Plenty of restaurants and grocery store around the hotel. The receptionist Mary Anna had an excellent English and very good customer service, which is quite rare in Rio.

Pretty depressing. Rio is a great city but this hotel almost ruined my stay.

Very dirty and seems like they aren’t interested in cleaning or upgrading. Dirty windows, dirty mirrors, rusty and dirty fridge, leaking AC.

The breakfast was decent. However, breakfast is not included in the price. You have to pay extra at check-in. Don’t be fooled by the “breakfast included” option.

If you don't want to economize too much and have a great view in the middle of the copa book a room
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was (furnitere-wise) quite run down for the rate we eventually paid. The only compensation was the view. The beds, however, were okay (large and reasonably separated; I was staying there with my teenage son).

The staff (particularly Darley) was extremely helpful. We got checked in early (8 am) and a late check out (3 pm). They offered us an upgrade at a (more or less ;-)) reasonable rate, so that we had sea view from the 10-th floor. The breakfast was better then the other hotels I have been before in the Copa area.

Amazing expediente. Beautiful hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Amazing services and breakfast buffet.Incredible beach and city view from the pool. At the top floor.very friendly and helpfull stuff and premiar la locales in a privilege area

Amazing

Poor service and aging hotel... Not at the level of Mercure Hotels in Europe
    • Superior Triple Room

Service very low, room wasn't ready, 2h to wait for it and I arrived on time Aging hotel, a lot of detail they don't care, not at the level of a Mercure. Go for the location and that's it, if you want a good quality service and a brand new hotel try another place.

View from the rooftop Bed

The staff was not only friendly but highly competent.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is dated; that is, it is in need of refurbishment.

The staff was not only friendly but highly competent. In particular, its recommendations on tours and things to do were very good.

Meh. Was ok.

Hotel pool not as nice as the photos. Elevator and room swipe cards rarely worked. Had to get new ones every day, sometimes twice a day! Room view was of another building.

Ok location on Copacabana. Gym was ok. Room was a good size.

Stay was Great would recomend in General the hotel was good!! But...

I Enjoyed everything really the ONLY thing I wasn't too pleased with was at check out... When there was some sort of misunderstanding because I had previously paid for taxes and everything and they said I hadn't and wanted me to pay again.... ALSO THEY SAID I HAD CONSUMED DRINKS AT THE POOL AND WANTED ME TO PAY FOR THEM WHEN I HADN'T DRANK ANYTHING... WENT UP TO THE POOL 2 MINUTES TOOK PICTURES OF THE BEAUTIFUL VIEW AND LEFT... ended up having to sign I hadn't used any facility at the pool and was left at that... but was abit unpleasant being told I had to pay for things I hadn't consumed 3 or 4 times.... 🤔 Apart from that I would defo recomend the Hotel(Great location and facilities)

Location was good, Room was great size with good facilities,Nice variety at Breakfast, good Wi-Fi signal,Good Air conditioning, friendly staff and hotel was very clean with new facilities!!

Awesome Hotel! Luxury at great price

Hotel had so many nice extra features. Nice and Clean hotel. I especially appreciated the offer to shower in the gym after checkout due my late flight out of Rio. Will absolutely revisit.

Ok stay in Copacabana
    • Standard Twin Room

Internal distribution is confusing and in case of emergency, I foud it difficult to leave. Bikes are for rent with no time tolerance. Walls are thin and noises easy to listen in and out. Staff just right.

Location in front of the beach and terrace and pool

Location is amazing!

Faster check out

Location is amazing! You can get really quick to Ipanema and has good place to eat really close. During breakfast they have a person making omelettes and awesome tapioca.

The hotel changed it's name on the 1st of January but...
    • Business Twin Room

The hotel changed it's name on the 1st of January but they did NOT communicate anything regarding this to us at any point, which was most disappointing and confusing to say the least! Also, the breakfast room is way too small for the number of guests in the hotel which made for uncomfortable breakfasts each day.

Overall the hotel was great.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel has three blocks A, B, C . The pool is at the top of block A and the gym at top of block B. So depending where u are situated in the hotel you have to go down to ground floor to access each block.

Location is excellent, close to ipanema, shops and restaurants close to the hotel. Loved the pool deck and pool bar. Food was good and service in the hotel was top notch. All staff were helpful and spoke English. Beach service a big plus. Free deck chairs and umbrellas and towels!!

Affordabable Copacabana hotel

The room was slightly grubby!

The hotel is In an amazing location, staff are excellent and will help with anything from organising sight seeing trips to towels for the beach! The wifi is perfect, rooms are air conditioned and the breakfast is ideal, as huge variety from cooked breakfast to fruit and cereals. The pool area is very nice. Overall lovely stay for very affordable cost

Girl at the reception was very nice!

It is not safe to walk around after sunset. Even for the short walk to a restaurant on the boulevard, hotel advised to use uber.

Girl at the reception was very nice! Hotel is good, as you would expect staying at a golden tulip.

Would recommend this hotel and would stay there again if visiting Rio.

My friend and I stayed here on 3 separate occasions during our vacation. I had booked 2 rooms well in advance. Unfortunately, only on the 3rd stay did we have rooms on the same floor as each other which would have been practical as you could not go to another floor in the lift with your card key. If you are booking more than one room, specify if you wish to have the rooms on the same floor.

Staff pleasant and helpful. Beds clean and comfortable. Breakfast very good. Good value for money. Great location. What more could you want.

Stay at the Tulip Inn instead

My room was on the back facing side with no natural light. Shower would heat up to warm water at best. My friend stayed at Tulip Inn, better location, nicer room and lobby area, it just didnt have a pool.

Has its own beach umbrellas

Good choice to stay at Cococabana Beach

Nothing, everything was great.

The hotel is situated across from Copacobana Beach, with easy access to beach kiosks for food and drinks. The hotel provided me with a free upgraded room without asking as it was available at the time. They gave a pack of chocolates upon arrival, and a hand written welcome card personally addressed. Within the hotel is an ATM, bar, pool and restaurant. Very stylish, lovely decor. Computers for access provided. Very helpful reception staff, friendly and able to answer questions, such as when I tried to make a phone call but needed to change the number for a local call. Porters available for luggage as well. Without going 5 star, this would be a great option for anyone wanting to stay on Copacobana beach. Also short walking distance to restaurants nearby, beach markets, although I didn't have time for shopping to explore the area around the hotel as I was only there for one night.

Great location, good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

I really disliked the breakfasts. Poor quality food and choice. Dining hall wasn’t really very clean.

The rooms are so nice. So comfortable and so clean!

Reasonable price for money. Not impressed.

Crowded breakfast with average service (need to wait for a table, for drinks and foods to be refilled on the buffet, etc.). Being a sea front hotel I didn't expect that my accommodation would be on a building on the back of the hotel, which was the case.

Front desk staff offered a good service.

Breakfast, accommodation and location
    • Business Double Room

Staff organisation, we ordered a crib and confirmed it but nobody took it to the room. We also previously asked for two bedrooms at same floor and when we arrived one of them was busy

Breakfast, accommodation and location

Everything was good except the car service and the taxi and...

The Car service inside the hotel its a big joke. Never use the taxi in front of the hotel, they just want to sell some tour or excursion at very expensive price.

Everything was good except the car service and the taxi and the room service

Pleasant stay in a nice, confortable hotel in the middle of Copacabana
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Crowd breakfast with just one person trying to accommodate tens of people so it was a not so good experience, also they didnt have enough electrical adaptors so it was impossible to connect my devices to charge them

Excellent location just in front Copacabana, near Ipanema, staff at reception so kind, very clean, nice rooms, bed very confortable, bath perfect in size and confort, business center ready, wifi good. Sea View rooms are completely worth the difference in rate

To avoid waste food I asked an employee who was working in...
    • Business Double Room

To avoid waste food I asked an employee who was working in hotel restaurants to help me heating my pizza by their microwave but I was rudely refused by his reason just "no I can't!", between the regulations (if hotel has that) and convenience of clients how should do people think he should do? This is a good question

Excellent location!
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

Overall, it is a good hotel. But I expected more with the brand "Golden Tulip".

The location is perfect. Near a very good Chinese and Spanish restaurant. You can book a day tour with the hotel reception. Breakfast was good.

Worst hotel!
    • Standard Twin Room

steffs at check in front were not kind, never smile and not friendly. It was same the next day. All the parts of this hotel was not same as the pictures. Room was too small and so dirty enough!!! Everything gets so old and I saw too much of dust and hair in the room and toilet! Even the smell of bed was terrible! Only the location and breakfast were good. I suggest you to choose the other hotels with same price.

only two things that I like are ;good location and breakfast.

Lovely Copacabana
    • Deluxe Triple Room with Sea View

On departure date much of confusion. Late check out authorised at 0800 AM of the departure date;however at noon I was requested by another person to either leave the room or pay an extra amount until previously agreed late check out time. Payment was another confusion. I wished to pay in USD and was quoted a fair exchange rate. When I was accompanied to the exchange counter, teh exchange rate changed dramatically. Did not sound professional this treatment.

Nice location, view and surroundings

A magnificent view over Copacabana

The WiFi was terrible. I had to fall back to mobile Internet to be able to surf. Also, beware of the upgrade, it is very expensive. You lose all the discount booking.com have given you.

We got a magnificent view over Copacabana after we upgraded the room. Also the breakfast was very nice. But the days we were late for breakfast it was very crowded. The hotel offers free chairs and umbrellas at the beach if you identify you.

• Standard Twin Room

Small bathrooms - old noisy you could hear what is going on the other rooms from hot action to noisy kids xxx

Staff was so friendly great location great brekfast

Would stay again at golden tulip.

1st night we were put in the room below the gym with people up there dropping weights and we were told it was an upgrade??? not a great start. My necklace was ripped off my neck 10 minutes walk along the beach sidewalk, it would have helped if reception who had seen me twice before we left for our walk and warned us or reminded us of the problem as money was put away bag was tied on me and I even told my husband to leave his wallet behind. ( put watch and bracelet away in the safe necklace is always on so never remembered )

Location was better than perfect between Copacabana and Ipanema right on the road across from the beach. View from pool deck amazing, breakfast room looks right out to the whole beach area.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

80%
    • Standard Twin Room

Price not same in booking 🙂🙂 Always higher value and Some of the reception staff are not helpful at all and are treated in a challenging and unpopular manner. Tip for everyone do not ask them for a taxi. I went twice to the airport from the same hotel the first time they told me the cost of delivery to the airport at 98 riyals, the second time I ignored them and went to the street in front of the hotel waiting for another taxi arrived with him to the airport at 60 riyals only and also in the other movements everyone was far less than them + Flamengo at the Maracana The Libertadores championship found a message at the reception table for the same match at 350 Brazilian rials per person (700 for two people) including tickets and transfers to and from the hotel. I did not buy them and I went to the Maracana with the taxi. My friend and I went into the stadium, bought tickets, watched the match and promised the hotel. We paid only 400 riyals,

Location on Copacabana beach 🌊 good breakfast 🍳 great bathroom with sprayer mini shower 🚽 🔝

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Fair
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Internet is unstable, poor soundproofing for ocean view rooms so we heard the traffic all night long.

Location, possibility to take a shower after check out.

Nice hotel! Excellent location!
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom had constant sewage smell which was nauseating, asked for room service (needed more shampoo) but no one bothered to come, no toaster at reataurant breakfast (??)

Reception was friendly and gave nice free upgrade to room with bigger beds, location is excellent, breakfast very nice, beds very comfortable

Nice hotel but disappointing staff

Some people at front desk did not allow my friend to go inside hotel during the day. It was very disappointing, especially I had paid for 2 people. Manager Horacio and his 2 staff members Camila and Monique were unprofessional at the same time.

Great breakfast, good location. Flavio at the check in is great and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great hotel

Gym a bit outdated but still ok. Shower takes a long time for water to heat up and sometimes doesn't heat up at all. Water doesn't go down the drain 100%. Minimal problems. Still loved my stay.

Breakfast was delicious with wide variety of food to choose from. Staff is excellent and always friendly and helpful. The location is amazing, view from the pool amazing.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Good hotel on the Copacabana
    • Business Double Room

Room floor had not been cleaned properly, and pillowcases had an unpleasant smell, lake somebody was already holding their head on them. I recommended to replace old pillows and pillow cases with new ones.

Perfectly positioned on the Copacabana beach with the panorama view pool on the 18 floor. Great to take some pictures! Hotel is huge though from the outside it doesn't look so. It is divided into several blocks. View from my business room on the 17 floor (block C) only partially covers the sea. Basically looking at not beautiful building front. The room was large with all necessary facilities, and with nice large bathroom. Excellent, reach breakfast! Hotel offer free chairs and umbrellas on the beach to their guests, so you can enjoy in the sun on the beautiful Copacabana beach. I can recommend to everybody this Golden Tulip Rio hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Solid Choice on Copacabana

Before arriving we received email asking if we desired an early check in if available when we arrived. When we responded yes we were advised we would have to pay an additional charge equal to half the nightly rate. We declined this 'offer" When we arrived we were given an early check in at no additional charge as we would expect if a room was available. Breakfast Sunday am was a bit of a circus, inadequate supply of coffee cups, plates, etc

Our room was large and comfortable. A/C worked very well and wasn't noisey. Great location in front of beach. Front desk staff were very accommodating.We arrived very early in the am and were given an upgraded room immediately, at no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

extremely good value for money

pool very small but ok enough to cool off in

location friendly helpful staff breakfast more than adequate free beach chairs and umbrellas over the road on Copacabana beach location fantastic value for money

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Perfect golden tulip in the heart of Copacabana.

Only thing is at check out they wanted to charge me for minibar stuff i didn't consume. I told them and they canceled it immediately with no questions. But there is nothing i didn't like about the hotel.

Great location next to Posto 5. Easy access to Ipanema too. They had a beach service with chairs and umbrellas. Check in was fast and smooth. Lady spoke perfect English and had a nice welcoming smile. Room was large, clean and comfy. Bathroom was perfect. Breakfast was nice with a view over copacabana beach. Staff very helpful with any request and info. Everyone was professional. The place was safe and during the blocos in copacabana they sealed the entrance. Roof top sun lounge and pool were good. Amazing view of Copa and Leme. Bar service was good too. Tours were offered in loco. If i go back to Rio I'll definitely stay there. Very Tourist friendly

Excellent location with amazing view

Breakfast was great, with a nice view to the beach. The rooftop pool is a great place to have a caipirinha whilst watching the sunset. The location is perfect to have a nice view of the Copacabana bay, but also a short walk to Ipanema, where you can enjoy the sun for longer in the afternoon (Ipanema is in a different angle from Copacabana, where the sun sets behind the tall buildings).

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Disappointing and dishonest

First room was so dirty and worn down we asked to move. Asked them to fix the broken lights on the landing outside the second room, never happened. Pool so dirty it makes you smell, there's an oily scum on the top along with hair and cellophane from cigarette packs. Glass panes on terrace also filthy, one pane shattered and wasn't fixed during our week there. Room service sent us a soggy cold pizza wrapped in cling film. Room cards need replacing almost every 48 hours because they stop working. At check-out, you get whacked with 10% service charge. To be fair, it sounds like a lot of hotels in Rio/Brazil do this, but when I asked what it was for and where the money goes, there was 20 minutes of smoke and mirrors about how it's a 'tax'- they deliberately used the ambiguity between English and Portuguese on this word, yet I asked 3 members of staff where this money was going to, and only after grilling the manager for 10 minutes did he finally say "it goes to the staff at the hotel" directly contradicting his colleague who had laughed off this suggestion just minutes prior. 10% service charge is a bit rich after you've already been tipping the doorman (who definitely never said "don't worry sir, you'll be tipping me at the end of your stay"), but the service was generally poor and I really didn't appreciate the dishonesty when I asked about it. It's like they knew they didn't deserve it, else they'd have been straight. Beach service never has enough chairs, make sure you're on the beach at 9am if you don't want to be waiting an hour or so. Breakfast is like being in a fast food restaurant, not enough tables, overflow tables put literally right outside the toilets on the landing outside the restaurant. Much prefer giving good reviews, but spend your money somewhere else.

Good location and pool looks over Copacobana, although it seems to close at 10pm. Most staff helpful and friendly. Good shower.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Good location and breakfast.

Swimming pool is so small and smells really strong and bad.

Location is great and also you can park your car to car park where is front of the hotel R$2,5 per day. Breakfast is also nice. View from swimming pool is wonderful.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

This is the best value on Copacabana. Upscale without the price of Marriott or others.

I wanted to stay longer.

So many amenities...excellent rooftop pool and bar and the breakfast was a big buffet and had an omelet station. There was a gym, sauna, etc.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Our family (4 people) had a great time in Rio. Lot of sun, many beautiful places to visit.
    • Business Double Room

wifi signal in the room very often was not working. and our room was not cleaned one day due to some "governance" issue according to the receptionist. there is no parking lot.

breakfast is awesome as I had read in some other reviews! great location and view of Copacabana beach, Fort and Sugar Loaf on the left side.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Good, but need some improvement at the restaurant.

At the hotel there lots of bedrooms and it was really busy at the new year eve, so in that time it was really difficult have breakfast due to thr big number of people who was waiting for it. In another words, the number of table available for breakfast is considerably smaller than the number of people that can be hosted by the hotel. As a result, I had to wait at least 1 hour at the queue to have breakfast.

Good location, new room and comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Good price for great location on Copacabana beach
    • Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Not enough outlets to charge mobile devices. Wifi was "iffy" at times. Pool was extremely small. Breakfast buffet was not wonderful.

Better than many other hotels we've stayed at on Copacabana beach. Staff was very nice. Great view from beach side.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Good location and facilities at an incomparable location!

Beach service: the guy managing g this service was pretty unfriendly and not client oriented

Breakfast, location, nice executive room and the staff in the hotel is always willing to make your stay nicer

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great location, ocean view of Copacabana -from the room and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Sea View

Some negligence in maintenance

Great location, ocean view of Copacabana -from the room and from the breakfast area. Nice rooftop pool and sitting area

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Disappointing- not what I expectedh
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast plentiful but poor taste and food not kept hot. We came to breakfast each day at a different time and NEVER did we have a full cutlery place setting. Very few staff spoke any English which made it very difficult to communicate. Coffee machine broke down and out of action for whole day until I complained to the manager. Room cleaning very slow. Pool small. Sundeck also small - only 6 sun lounges though there are also chairs and tables. Went to pool one day at 1 pm and told no more towels. Again complained to manager and after 20 minutes towels arrived! Overall, DEFINITELY NOT a 4 star hotel.

The bed was comfortable. The location very good. EXCELLENT coffee.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Beautiful place on the beach

Everything was fine.

Place is on the beach. Thay heva free all necesary things to rest on the beach. Swimingpool on 12th florr is with beautiful view to whole Copacabana. Really exellent place. People are very kind and breakfast is also very good.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

In this case, not good value for money.

Me and my partner choose the golden tulip mainly because of the rooftop pool, which was closed for repairs during the whole time we stayed there. We left without being able to see it. The main selling point of the hotel on booking.com is the pool pics. We were very disappointed about not being able to use it, as an hotel of the same level without the pool would cost us a lot less.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was good. The lobby staff was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Hotel near Copacabana

There was this unpleasant smell in the elevator, they should provide air refresher/fragrance on them. As it was located on a busy and touristic location, the noise from the traffic could be so loud.

The location is really good, right in front of Copacabana beach. The staffs are friendly and the WiFi connection is also good.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Good location, nice staff, clean room, Mr.

The noise of the ventilator

Good location, nice staff, clean room, Mr. Paulo Roberto Arrumador has done a great job cleaning the room for us. The breafast is great.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Nice view but staff very unprofessional and unhelpful as got charged twice on my card for the room
    • Standard Twin Room

I was asked to give my credit card as a hold for the 2 nights stay and was assured nothing would be charged to it. When myself and my friend Sonia Carey were checking out we asked for the bill to be split half each and we both paid by credit card. I have now discovered that the full amount for 2 people for 2 nights is pending on my bank account and that my friend was also charged her half of the amount on her card. I would like an immediate refund of half of the amount back onto my card before it is taken out of my bank account. I find this really unsatisfactory and unprofessional by the hotel staff

comfortable bed and room and great view over Copacabana beach

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

better to stay in another hotel

the hotel has to be repaired, a lot of old stuff (doors, windows), furniture is old as well as everything in hotel rooms, rooms need to be cleaned better. In my room the window was broken and didn't lock. One day it was not possible to unlock the safe in my room, so they had to break it to open and take my docs and money. BETTER TO STAY IN OTHER HOTELS near Copacabana, this one is not good enough and expensive, for the same price possible to find something better!

staff is very responsive, location is very close to Copacabana beach

The view of the ocean was amazing