Reviews of San Juan Eco Hotel 4 stars

Rodovia das Cataratas, Km 06, Foz do Iguaçu, CEP 85863-000, Brazil

#7 of 119 hotels in Foz do Iguaçu

• Executive Double Room

Pizza took and age to come!!!! Oh, and the bar doesn't stock gin :P

Nice location to see the falls and the staff were exceptionally helpful with booking the taxi for our trip to the Argentinian Side of the falls. Equally they let us shower before the night bus even though we had already checked out.

• Executive Twin Room

Nothing to complain! Everything was good!

Everything: the pool, tennis court, location close to the falls and museums, the staff that works really hard and is very friendly!

• Executive Double Room

The hotel was located near the airport and waterfalls from the Brazilian side, but very far from all stores and restaraunts. There was no free water and tea was only with sugar.

• Executive Twin Room

We were very happy with the hotel. No complaints.

Friendly and helpful staff. Delicious and varied breakfast. Leisure facilities like a swimming pool, tabletennis and gym. On bus route to airport, cataratas ( Iguaçu Falls) and Foz do Iguaçu.

• Executive Single Room

Be careful about the taxi they call for you. San Martin only calls taxi from tourist agency, and the price is insane (charged me 20 for 300 meters). San Juan called a turismo car at first, but I insisted on taxi, not turismo and it was okay. I believe it is a common problem in foz Iguaçu instead of the property’s issue, though.

The front desk lady provided me with an adapter with 3 plugs, which was helpful. The other hotel San Martin doesn’t even have adapters as a four star hotel. And San Martin cancelled my reservation on booking so I cannot write review on that terrible hotel.

• Executive Twin Room

We had a such a wonderful experience at the San Juan Eco Hotel. It is super close to the bus stop that takes you straight to Iguazu Falls. There is a beautiful pool, tennis courts, sauna and room service. When we arrived I realised that my phone charger adaptor didn’t fit the socket. I was so upset and in a panic because I thought I wouldn’t be able to take pictures of Iguazu Falls. Dion at reception went above and beyond to make sure he could find me a charger. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

safe box doesn't work.

Nice hotel and friendly staffs. They have buffet dinner . The hotel is between the airport and Iguazu falls. It only take 10 minutes to get to both places. the restaurant has a nice view .

• Executive Double Room

No access to money exchange or ATM. You must take a taxi if you want to eat anywhere else. No smoke alarm in room (missing from installation plate), deadbolt not working, safe in room not working. There was confusion among staff about ala carte dining.

Very convenient location for the Iguazu Falls, Dreamland, and Bird Park. Beautiful pool area. Mostly friendly staff. Grounds were well kept.

• Executive Twin Room

Dirty room, bad service, ants everywhere. The staff even drove us to leave the hotel. They just opened the door of our room and stood there, watching us packing our bag. Most importantly, the time was not late. We were not late for the checking out!!!

Good loctaion

• Executive Double Room

We stay at this hotel only one day.Didn’t have time to look around hotel. Early in the morning taxi drove us to the airport . Reception offered early breakfast but wasn’t ready

• Executive Double Room

Unhealthy food, especially breakfast, small and dark rooms, awful shower, old wiped towels with a grayish shade, the same bed linen. The air conditioner is located on the side of the head of the bed, so its use during sleep is impossible. Locals call this hotel a camping site. At the request for a transfer to the hotel answered in a day, after our arrival. Instead of calling a taxi, call the travel agency, located in the hotel and offering a transfer is 2 times more expensive than a taxi. .

Beautiful area

• Executive Double Room

Sheets on beds too small and we found ourselves sleeping on the mattress which did not have a cover. Air conditioning unit badly placed to blow directly on to the heads of sleepers. Restaurant offer very limited which is a problem with a property so far from town.

The pool and gardens are lovely and bedrooms are of a generous size

• Executive Double Room

Staff at the bar added food and drinks on our room bill that we did not consume?! However, during the check out, the staff at reception annulled this wrong charges, as these additional invoices were not caring neither our name nor our signature.

Perfectly located (opposite the Wax Museum) and with excellent facilities. Very close to Foz do Iguaçu airport and also close to Iguaçu waterfalls (Brazilian side). The location made it affordable to visit the falls on our own by regular taxi, which is much cheaper and more convenient than organised tours/cars. Chose this hotel, because we had an early flight to Rio and also wanted to visit the waterfalls when we returned. Excellent value for money, but admittedly we found a special deal (standard prices listed at reception were much, much higher). Staff at reception and restaurant was very professional. Unfortunately, not the same can be said about the bar staff. The staff at reception were also kind enough to store for free our main luggage for 3 days, until we returned from Rio, which allowed us to fly with our hand bags.

Wifi connection kinda crappy

Great location w/ 10min drive to Iguassu fall and bird park. Nice pools and foods. Very helpful hotel staff. A cozy place for vacation.

• Executive Double Room

Great location, very clean, big swimmingppool, nearly waterfalls and airport. Drinks and dinner are not expensive. Spacious room. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Executive Double Room

Location very handy for airport and the falls. Front desk staff very helpful charging up my phone and tablet. Bar and restaurant very good and reasonably priced

• Executive Triple Room

I stayed with my kids and family for 1 night. The facilities were very good and clean. The bedroom very good size for the rate we played. The swimming pool was amazing my kids really enjoyed the frog. The breakfast was also very good.

• Executive Twin Room

The air conditionner is located above the beds!

The hotel location is amazing ... it takes minutes from the airport and it has a nice outdoor landscape

• Executive Double Room

It is like family oriented hearing kids shouting and crying all the time... so much noisy and a lot of insects.. if u wanna go be sure to take repellents..

It is close to iguacu falls

• Executive Triple Room

1-The shower, there is only one main fix shower, in other hotels there is the additional extension of the shower. Also the shower near the toilet did not work. 2-The rooms on the edges of the building facing the parking, the road in front of the hotel is very busy starting from 5:30 am, difficult to sleep beyond 6 am.

1-The breakfast was good and the fruits were very tasty 2-The personnel at the reception was very kind and helpful 3-the swimming pool was clean , there is a nice pool for the little ones

• Executive Double Room

The hotel staff were excellent, always attending to our needs promptly and with initiative. The pool area is great, and stays open until late, particularly good for kids. The restaurant have an all you can eat buffet or you can purchase food from the bar which is great value for money - particularly the massive pizzas which were excellent!

• Executive Double Room

One woman at the reception desk was taking care of someone. She asked us tomwait, instead of reaching us the forms to fill, making us to wait. Whe she was ready, she started taking care of someone else, who came later. We had to wait again. She wasn't neither professional nor friendly. They also need a car to put the used pool towels. The people who take care of the dirty towels are the same whommake the drinks and serve the people - without washing their hands!!

The hotel is Close to the airport, to the park entrance, the breakfast is good. Staff at the bar in the main building is very friendly. The pool is nice.

• Executive Single Room

The Wi-Fi was not working in the first couple of days, later on it was poorly working. The mattress was not very confortable.

Good swimming pool and tennis court. Good location

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

There are two things I think the hotel could improve. First, I wish the front desk had a supply of plugs for the Brazilian style electrical sockets. I would have happily purchased one on the spot. Second, the WiFi was terrible. I never good get a good connection in my room. I had to go to the lobby to connect to the internet on my iPad. I couldn’t use it for very long because I couldn’t charge my iPad. I didn’t mind leaving my phone at the desk because it is not an expensive one. I was not going to leave my iPad. I really wish the front desk had plugs to sell to guests.

The staff at this hotel is so helpful. I didn’t have a Brazilian style plug to charge my phone and they let me charge it at the front desk. The room was very comfortable. I love the convenience of a restaurant on the property as it is not close to town. It is, however, close to the Falls which is why I stay there. The breakfast and dinner buffets are excellent.

• Executive Double Room

The fitness center (gym) would need a bit of improvement and it was too hot inside there. Wi-Fi was terrible, it was the same as not having internet. It only worked well around the swimming pool and in the bar

The outdoor area was perfect for a summer vacation. The room was spacious and clean. You can get to Cataratas Brasil in 10 min and to the airport in 5 min by bus. The buffet and the breakfast were also good

• Executive Single Room

unfortunately I could not use tennis court because of hot weather, but it is not up to the hotel!!

clean air, friendly staff, great location, easy access to airport and waterfalls and birds park and the city. Well English spoken staff, delicious breakfast buffet in a very nice area near swimming pool.

• Executive Double Room

The downside to the location is that if you need to buy anything (eg a larger bottle of water) it is a taxi/bus ride away. I wasnt particularly impressed with the buffet selection in the evening, but I am quite a 'fussy' eater! I also found it noisy with lots of doors banging and traffic in the hallways.

The location is great for visiting the falls and the rooms are spotlessly clean.

• Executive Double Room

Internet was terrible. Its Eco hotel, so don't expect elevator etc.

The amenities in the property are very good, like pool, breakfast area, recreation etc.

• Executive Triple Room

Rooms are noisy between them, you can hear other visitors when they arrive, close the door, open their room windows...

Great location, nice buffet for breakfast which is included and also for lunch and dinner. Access to public buses which are very cheap (R$ 3.75) and convinient to access Brazilian parks and city center.

• Executive Double Room

It was a bit far from the center of Puno for my liking. It meant a taxi ride and I prefer to walk everywhere. Having said that, the centre of Puno is not very attractive ao it may not bother many others.

Good facilies,warm modern, nice restaurant

• Executive Double Room

The refrigerator in our room was loud (I pulled out the wire before going to bed)

I liked the large breakfast buffet. I got a free welcome drink (even without mentioning by booking.com). The large pool was very refreshing. Excellent location, it is close to the falls and bird park. The lunch and dinner buffets were also good, also for vegetarians.

• Executive Double Room

Very noisy, hallway and outside. 2 of 3 nights we had a fire alarm with no reason. Air-conditioning is making a lot of sound too.

One of the best breakfast buffet I had in Brazil. A lot of choices, scrambled eggs like home, fresh bread and fruits. Bus stop to waterfalls and airport in front of hotel. Currency exchange for Argentina for a good price. Private parking in front of the hotel. Swimming pool area is a nice place to relax.

• Executive Double Room

Everything this hotel is undersold on the website it's superb the setting is divine I wish I'd had more time there I can't say enough good things about it.

• Executive Twin Room

Scheduled airport pickup was not there; desk clerk said tour desk would pay for taxi; tour desk said driver was there, but we were not? How is that possible? Difficult to check out and later to collect our luggage because the front desk was overwhelmed and people were angry about something. Room was basic with noisy air conditioner, but too much road noise and light to open window (we were facing highway). Noisy hallway of banging doors, footsteps, and luggage ensured no one would sleep late. Bed barely OK; flat pillows.

Close to airport. Bellman was nice. Breakfast was fine. Common areas looked nice.

• Executive Double Room

The hot water in the shower was at times going out in bursts, which made it more difficult to take a shower; however, by Brazil standards it's not the worst we've seen :)

Excellent location - close to the airport and easy to get to both sides of the falls. The room was clean. The hotel has a travel agency inside it which can organize tours for you and give additional information (they speak Eng).

• Executive Double Room

The Internet signal was not very strong in the rooms

The pool area was very pleasant. The bar had a good menu and we never had to go to the buffet, I loved their fried fish

• Executive Twin Room

Rooms were a bit small and did not have balconies, but having said that the grounds were so nice we spent more time out of our room.

Loved the setting...quiet paths to enjoy nature, plenty of optional activities in and around the hotel grounds and the staff and facilities were A+. Food was also excellent with lots of healthy options!

Unfortunately, we have had a lot of problems during our stay in the hotel. First of all, there is not even one person in the whole hotel that would be able to speak English or Spanish properly, so the communication is almost impossible (at least in the Reception there must be one person able to communicate with guests). All the problems we have been facing (our room plagued of ants, my brother's bed breaking down, an air conditioner machine outside my room working all night long making a terrible noise, the Housekeeping not cleaning the room properly, the security box out of service with no possibility to be fixed, etc.) were related to a weak maintenance service that cannot be tolerated in a hotel of this quality.

This is a beautiful hotel very close to the entrance of the Iguazu falls. The breakfast is delicious, the pools are amazing (would be much better with tempered water), the bar has delicious sandwiches and salads and the common areas are nice and clean.

• Executive Double Room

The sound proofing was poor. We had a lot of noise in our room when we went to bed. The location was out of town and as taxis were expensive you were more or less obliged to eat in the hotel. Having said that the evening buffet was excellent and good value

The staff were very friendly. The bed was comfortable, the shower was good. Breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. The pool area was lovely and the children's play area was brilliant. The on site tour organiser were very professional and helped us plan our trips very well and were better value than doing it on our own. They took us across the border to Argentina which I doubt we could have done without there help.

• Executive Double Room

- Some distance from the city, about a 10 minute car journey.

- Some of the staff were very nice. - The facilities were very good, for example there is a swimming pool and didn't have any problems with the WiFi. - There was a good choice of foods at breakfast. - Near the airport, the bus stop and the falls.

• Executive Double Room

The lock of the doors is so many noisy! Inside the room it's possible hear all the sounds from de hall! Maids cleaning the rooms it's audible inside the rooms. Resuming, terrible acoustic!

The breakfast, the common area, swimming pool, trails. Contact with nature. Near form airport and easy to find.

• Executive Triple Room

Our ground floor family room overlooked the tennis courts where kids were playing football until quite late.

Conveniently located for the falls and airport - a short taxi or bus ride (stop outside). Across the road from the Waxworks, which is actually a lot more than just waxworks and we enjoyed our visit. The hotel bar food (burger and chips) was actually very good (plenty of salad much to my son's disgust!)

• Executive Double Room

Fantastic hotel for staying at Iguazu. It is on the way from Foz de Iguazu (Brazilian town) towards the falls on the Brazilian side, there is a public bus station just in front of the hotel so best location, away from the city. You could take a taxi from Argentinian side to a mall close by, check that out and then take a local bus directly in front of hotel. The hotel itself is absolutely amazing, the pictures are accurate, so for the price it is a must in my eyes.

• Executive Single Room

In the evening, the dinner hall opens only at 19.30. That is already for (northern) European standards, but even worse for those just arriving from Europe still suffering from the time difference. As the hotel is far outside the city centre, there is not an alternative available either (the hotel next door has the same dinner times, as is common in Brazil).

The bed was fabulous, breakfast abundant.

Tough to fix but a bit noisy due tô closeness tô road with traffic in the early morning. Have adjoining rooms would be convenient for families with more children.

Location, staff and layout of hotel.

No other restaurants in neighbourhood. You have to ride to city center if don't want to dine at hotel reasturant which offer very simillar buffet every evening

Comfortable rooms, nice garden and swimmingpool

• Executive Double Room

Double glazing non existent. Noisy, shower floor too slippery and a definite drainage problem. No tissues and Not a bad hotelalso no facility for coffee/tea in room.

The location and surrounding areas.

• Executive Double Room

The reception was consistently under-manned. Considering the size of the hotel, it should be obvious that one member of staff isn’t enough! Our first room had a really strange smell so we had to ask to change rooms, it took a while to get us moved to the room just across! The next morning we realised our safe didn’t work, after an hour of ringing back and forth and the technician trying to fix it, we had to move rooms again. – fortunately, only next door but considering we told them we had an excursion booked and the van was waiting for us, and this last room also had a funky smell! The staff did nothing to speed the process up and no-one ever apologized or offered any compensation for the inconvenience. We were staying for 3 nights and experienced issues with 3 different rooms – very disappointing considering the size of the hotel and actually a great location to the Iguassu falls. WIFI service didn't work in most placed either, especially the bedroom!

The travel agency in the hotel were really helpful and accommodating.

• Executive Single Room

The walls are paper thin, so you will hear a lot of noise, mostly from the corridor, and some from the main road. The room service was quick, but the options were limited. Also, this is not a bad thing, but come prepared with some Portuguese phrases because not many people speak English (including at the hotel, the Falls, airport, anywhere!).

Great pillows! Super lovely staff. The rooms were thoroughly cleaned every day. Breakfast was included, and the value for money was more than reasonable. The pool area is really nice to sit and relax in, and most importantly, the location was excellent. There is a public bus right out the front of the hotel that will take you to the airport or the Iguazu Falls National Park (Bus 120). Both are a short bus trip that will cost you 3.75 Rais (about US$1.15). Beware, if you take the bus to/from the airport, you will have to lift your luggage over an internal turnstile to get in, so I would not recommend this if you have a big suitcase. A taxi is only 20 Rais (about US$8).

Nothing was bad.

Perfect and perfect and perfect. Clean, environmentally friendly, close to the bus stop, nice staff and good breakfast. Ideal for the ones who wanna fly to Foz do Iguaco to visit the falls.

• Executive Double Room

Excellent Facilites. Close to the Falls and the Airport with easy access on the public bus route Lovely pool and grounds Great Valu for money Used the in-travel agency to the Argentina side of the Falls... was reasonable and easy to use

• Executive Single Room

There was constant smell in my room of some kind of spices or something. Also the room had a door to another room (which was locked) but you could hear everything from the nextdoor room.

The room was very spacious, new bathroom and facilities were good. It was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Good breakfast, many choices. Staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Executive Double Room

No pick-up at AirPort, No reply on mail and promise by phone but No pick-up Bad Travel agency - wrong information for trip argentina (bad rate for pesos and not necessary because atm overthere) promised we could come back when we want instead with a Group What time to come back :-(

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

NOTHING ! JUST GO!

GOOD POSITION VERY CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT AND EASY ACCESS TO THE IGUACU FALLS. THE GARDEN AROUND IS REALLY NICE ! VERY NICE AREA TO VISIT GREAT BREAKFAST

• Executive Double Room

We had a major disappointment with in-hotel travel agency. We wanted to visit Iguacu falls Argentinian side, and therefore needed pesos (cash). The hotel travel agency promised us to get the pesos (as a service), but they just forgot (without too many excuses). Luckily we arranged our own taxi to the falls. The driver arranged the R$ to pesos exchange (but we lost 2 hours and paid 100 R$ more for taxi detours).

Hotel is very clean, very nice, sufficient space, good bathroom facilities, close to airport. Apply very good price/service in low season. Iguacu falls is impressive (we visited the Argentinian side).

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Wifi was not working at all in my room. The staff confirmed to me that I could pay on checkout (I wanted to pay by cash) and they charged my room and my friend's room to my credit card without my authorization. UNACCEPTABLE. There is a bar serving food with very low quality.

The room was nice and clean, and the location is great as it is just a few minutes away from the airport and the iguazu waterfalls.

• Executive Double Room

Communication with the staff in English was sometimes difficult :)

Very nice place. Close to the airport and to the falls, nice cuisine, very friendly staff, you can exchange money, they can drive you to argentinian side and back. Nice facilities.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Executive Double Room

Location is very good. Close to the airport(5 min taxi) and waterfalls on the Brazilian side. The staff is very helpful. Pool area is very nice. Value for the money is amazing.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Executive Triple Room

Nothing other than a burger van and a couple of stalls selling coconut water within walking distance.

Great location between town and falls, local buses stop outside. Good pool and gardens. Generous offerings for breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner, with bar meal options. Helpful tour company for trips and taxis.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Ants in the room

Excellent location, helpful staff, even thought they didn't speak English much . Food in the hotel is good, many varieties of pastries and sweets.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Executive Twin Room

Hotel shop with souvenirs closed too early

Good value for money , very good breakfast and drinks 👌. Clean and nice territory if the hotel. Staff helpful , reception speaks English

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Executive Double Room

We ate in the hotel every evening as the dinner buffet was good value at 100 Brazilian Reais (25 pounds sterling) for two with plenty of choices and all you could eat. The bed was very comfortable. we liked the pool bar where they serve snacks and drinks all day till 11pm.The hotel's travel agency was very helpful with arranging tours to the Falls and transfers to the airport. Staff very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Executive Double Room

Maybe the price could be a bit lower. 😆

Beautiful hotel, really good location, amazing facilities and the staff was amazing. My girlfriend has lactose intolerance and when we asked for food without lactose, the staff was friendly and efficient to help her out. Plus, we've got welcome drinks!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Executive Double Room

Very helpful and pleasant staff. Clean and comfortable. All the basic needs were met.Great value. Note: the hotel does not have a lit. ..(only one floor above ground level)

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Executive Double Room

Reception staff could be more attentive. At check in and check out staff continued to answer phone and manage phone calls rather than complete our process, perhaps this is a norm in Brazil

Excellent facility pool area very good. Excellent food and bar service. More of a resort than hotel at hotel prices. Very close to airport and falls

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Executive Twin Room

Internet was slow; the outlets in the room don't have American jack to charge our phones and the front desk didn't have adapter to provide. The outlets are only for Brazilian and European devices. Lunch at the restaurant was good but pizza at night came in a terrible pie. Tasted like topping over bread.

Cleanness of the place in general, pool and towels inclusive. Very close to the falls and bird's park

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Executive Single Room

Could have done with more bar staff at busy times.

Fantastic location, pools, buffet breakfast included, inexpensive bar and light meals, excellent value.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Coffee with milk available between meals

The food was excellent and very good value for money. The service was extremely efficient and friendly. The tour operator in reception was brilliant!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Executive Double Room

The internet really sucked, I couldn't make a short download of my e-mail, and also the signal by the pool wasn't stable. During my stay I woke up with the noises from the construction or remodelling of a hotel amenity. The parking lot was really crowded with the guests parking out of spots and using two places with one car only.

The location was perfect, between the city and the falls and in front of the wax museum, but there isn't anything close (restaurant, bank, bars), so you should get there by car if you wanna get around. The crew was really nice to us, mainly the ones at the bar.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Executive Double Room

What a great place to stay! Very clean and spacious room, two wonderful pools, free use of the tennis court, quality food and snacks, perfectly close to both the famous falls and the airport and that for a very competitive price!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Executive Double Room

Great position close to Foz airport (Brazil) and to the Brazilian side of the falls. Bus stop just in front of the hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly, rooms recently refurbished and very clean.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Executive Single Room

Room was very noisy,because it was very near to the highway, aircondition was not very effective

It is really very near to airport and natonal park,breakfest was good, staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

A bit in the middle of nowhere, stuff very kind and helpful but not always speaking English

The pool and the tennis (though the court was not that good), food was decent and with plenty of choices

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

The noise was the only downside for us. Being a family hotel, there were kids running up and down the hall and that, plus some noise from the car park, was quite loud in the mornings.

There is a travel agency inside the hotel which is very handy for currency exchange. Other than being simply delightful to deal with, they also gave us wonderful tips about where to eat The breakfast buffet was abundant and everything we had was delicious. We were by car, so the free parking was great and the location made it easy to get to the parks.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Executive Double Room

The hôtel is a bit noisy (you can nearly hear everything everywhere in the hôtel from your room) People are not fluent in english

Very practical : location next to the airport, easy for meals Nice swimming pool and place

Browse San Juan Eco Hotel traveller photo gallery