Reviews of Hotel Vermont Ipanema 3 stars

Rua Visconde de Pirajá, 254, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 22410-000, Brazil

#145 of 451 hotels in Rio de Janeiro

Based on 2030 hotel reviews

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Staff were exceptionally helpful and spoke English. We complained about the air conditioning, and they showed us 6 other rooms to make up for it. They offer free beach towels and umbrellas. Plus the location is brilliant, the heart of Ipanema, just 2 blocks from the beach, it's near to restaurants, supermarkets and bars. We will certainly stay again.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Near everything, metro station, Church, beach, markets, restorants... breakfast - every day something new, and lot of fruits 😍 Receptionist Rubens, Jackson and the lady on the reception are all ❤️ And willing to help you what ever you need.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Loved the location, the room, the breakfast and this staff! We really enjoyed our stay! Bank with ATM is next door, stores and restaurants few steps away and amazing beach a couple blocks down!

Can't really complain

Breakfast good. Comfortable and fairly big rooms as well. Convenient shower, quite a big minibar so you can leave your own stuff as well. Lot of decent restaurants / bar very near.

• Standard Twin Room with Air Conditioning

The a/c doesn't allow you to control the temperature- it is either freezing cold or off. The staff charged my friend $150 in towels. We only stayed there three days. If you get or drop of makeup on a towel, hand wash it or something because they will charge you. I highly advise brining your own linen if possible.

The staff was pleasant checking in. The breakfast was decent. The location was great.

• Standard Twin Room with Air Conditioning

Very overpriced during Carnaval for the quality of facility (limited amenities).

Clean and the staff were friendly. Great location- a quick walk to Ipanema Beach. Decent breakfast.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

I booked the wrong date by mistake. So I called the Hotel to fix it. The Hotel staff told me there would be no problem but I needed to fix it directly through booking.com. I checked at the booking.com for availability and price and called the booking.com hotline. I was surprised when the booking.com attendant informed me that the hotel had demanded a increase on the fee. I checked the website once again and fee was the same for the dates I needed. I fail to see the reason for the price increase. This behavior was very disappointing and I’ll be sure to think twice before booking a room at the Vermont Hotel again. I did enjoy the booking.com services nevertheless.

The staff was very friendly.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

We stayed at the 6th floor and we are not so sure if that floor was also the storage place the roomcleaners used to store their stuff, because every single day, very early they used to make a lot of noise, like: Loudly Talking, Phone ringing, Door slamming, that was´t nice. Because, all you want on holidays, especially early in the morning is, a quite place to stay e sleep. Over all, that was our only complaint.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

We liked the helpfulness of the staff - especially Nadia and Rafael. The proximity to the beach is excellent and the hotel provides towels and beach umbrellas if you want to schlep them. There are numerous restaurant options nearby and the overall gay friendliness of the place won us over.

Everything was fine

Location it is just two blocks from the beach and it is also close to many options for food and drinks. The staff at the reception is incredible helpful.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Aircon was VERY noisy. It was hot so we wanted it on at night, but kept waking us up becasuse it was so loud.

Lady at reception was very nice and english speaking. The location is terrific. They provide beach towels and umbrellas which was a nice touch. Breakfast was fantastic!

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Older small rooms. All rooms are well equipped and clean. Ok AC can be quieter. However who stays most of time in room at Ipanema. :)

Lhotel located in on of the safest and cleanest areas in Rio, Ipanema. Shops, Metro, buses, taxis and beach (2 blocks) very close. Even our backyard room had view to Corcovado. At breakfast u can choose pout of a Lot of tropical fruits (mango, papaya, pineapple, melon,...) (06:30-11:00) - our highlight! Staff supports with excellent tipps as getting to Urca with bus 583 or taxi or organised tour,... and organized priceable airport transfer. ; )

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

My bathroom is bigger than the room, my oven is colder than their AC, my washing machine has less humidity than the floor, the Metallica concert I went last year is silence compared with the huge machine they have below the window...I have seen sewers with more light than the hotel. Everything, from the face of the manager to the rubbish the give you as breakfast it is the wrist nightmare you can find in bookin. My recommendation is you better sleep on the street than on this hole

I think I have never been in a worse hoyel than this. From the service on reception to the management the behaviour was racist, homphobic and irrepetuous

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

The breakfast was a disappointment comparing to the last time I was there. Croissant was not flaky at all more like a sweet bread, the french bread was not crunch as if it came out of the fridge, the scrambled eggs too runny and when I asked to have a couple of fried eggs instead (like we did last year) I was told they now charge for the fried eggs, 5.00 Reais for two! Can buy a dozen eggs for less than that in the supermarket!☹ Also the bacon rashers were awful.

The excellent service, nearly all the staff have a genuine smile on their faces, cleanliness of bedroom/bathroom etc, the hot power shower was very good, great location being so close to the beach, bars and restaurants and excellent value for money.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Our room (second floor) had a horrible view of the very dirty interior yard and the room felt a little humid.

The hotel has a nice entrance lobby and the reception staff were always welcoming. The room was spotless and the maids cleaned it properly every day. The size of the room was great, the bed was large and the linen was good quality. Excellent variety at breakfast and the two waiters were fantastic and very friendly. The hotel is in an amazing location, 2 blocks from Ipanema Beach and close to loads of bars and restaurants.

• Superior Triple Room with Air Conditioning

We booked a transfer to Paraty via the hotel and they charged us 50% more than the price of the travel agency, that executes the transfer, charges itself. As much as I understand that they can charge commission, it seemed very exaggerated.

Staff was always very nice, friendly and helpful. Good breakfast; simple rooms, but clean and comfortable; perfect location in Ipanema.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

AC sent cool air straight onto the bed No exhaustion system in the bathroom

Excellent location in Ipanema! Breakfast with enough options. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

The wifi did not work very well and the doors didn't had a lock from the inside so anyone at the hotel could go in the room at any time...

The breakfast was delicious! Simple but very nice!

Old facilities.

Location and value is good. It's not an expensive hotel for its location. Don't expect luxury though... it's pretty old (probably the reason they are able to offer good prices). Although small, bathroom is renovated.

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

there were some issues with internet... but the staff is really efficient... and began working on it right away...

comfortable, clean, quite, close to metro and Ipanema beach; not far away from Copacabana; gay area; nice staff; breakfast is a standard breakfast as in other hotels of the same category in Brasil, which means good;

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Only 1 person spoke English. Breakfast was half an hour late and when I questioned staff they gave no apology and tried to stay it wasn't late even though it said 6:00 am on the print out and in their handbook.Also my friend wasn't allowed visit .

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

The noise level from the street below was high all night long.

The hotel is close to Ipanema beach and on one of the main shopping streets. It is also close to the bar where the tune "The girl from Ipanema" was created. The breakfast was great compared to many places. Finally the WiFi worked great in our room.

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

On check-in I was given a better room than the one I had booked, this one looked out on the street. Room was bright and modern. Breakfast selection was great, lots of choices that would cater to most tastes. Staff were amazing, even those with little English. Reception staff helped solve a problem I had with my transfer which had not arrived. Location of hotel is perfect, very close to the beach. Great little hotel in Rio

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Location is great. Breakfast is just normal.. nothing extraordinary. I had a single room and it was big enough. I had a twin room though and I think that for 2 persons it might be a bit small. On the other hand you don't spend so much in the room. I think it is good value for money that you pay considering the location and facilities.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Superior Single Room with Air Conditioning

I don't think they had a restaurant. Breakfast was good except for the cooked stuff (which was over cooked). My only real dislike was the noise in the room as I looked over a very busy road. There was a vent in the bathroom ceiling that was exposed to open air and hence noise.

Good value for this area. Staff were lovely. Area close to the beach was good

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Lightning in the room could be improved to give a more inviting feeling. Air conditioning was rather old. A bit noisy. It was not an issue during my stay but I believe on warmer weather it could not be sufficient as it was rather weak.

Certainly a good value for money option. Staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. Made a different.

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

uncomfortable bed, old decor, wifi haven't worked well for 2 days. Receptionist Nadia was very helpful though, tried her best always to help. Thank you.

great location

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Nada - OBBBBRIGADO

Lovely staff! Very helpful - nice spacious room! Super close to Ipanema beach and easily walkable to copacabana beach - had a fabulous trip

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

-Too expensive for what it offers as all hotels in Rio de Janeiro -There is no gym -Very small room

-Perfect location ( 1 block away from Ipanema beach, 2 blocks from the General osorio subway station, 4 blocks from Copacabana beach) -Nice and english-speaker staff -Good breakfast included -Good wifi in all the propriety -Shower with hot water

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

My shoulder bag was stolen from my breakfast table as I was preparing to get coffee ,the video showed a person walking thru the room and picking up my bag and walking out with it

The manager susana was very upset as she watched the video and later paid for everything that was stolen ,they could have not been any nicer Later the hotel got a call from a local cafe saying they found a envelope with the hotel key ,2 credit cards ( canceled within a hr ) and my seattle driving Licence ,the hotel picked them up for me ,the hotel responded in a manner that I considered exceptional and the manager susana was the greated due to the circumstances I would stay there again Granville

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Superior Double Room with Air Conditioning

Great location. Wonderful breakfast and efficient knowledgable and courteous staff. Sparse but adequate rooms, small but nice bathroom/shower. Again, great location.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

you have to clear all details with the contracted drivers, they do not seem to be flexible or fair. We had the offer for 160 Reais to get to GIG Airport and on the way to the airport pass by Santa Teresa. Because we were half an hour late in Santa Teresa to continue to the airport we had to pay 200 Reais instead. We were going to give more anyway but not that much and we wanted to decide how much. Also I asked for the famous stairs because I knew it is in Santa Teresa, but he said that it is in the old town too far away. I was so looking forward to see that and I am very disappointed that I could not visit that place only because the driver did not want to go there or give us time to do by our own. So whether it was the driver or the guy who gave wrong information to the driver, this last experience at the airport was not a nice ending of our trip!

cafe de manha, localizacao

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Bed was ok, not great. Twice I had maids walk into my room, without knocking, after they had already cleaned. Not a big deal but a bit strange. For the life of me could not get the clock by the bed set to the correct time.

Fantastic location, especially for gay travelers. Friendly helpful staff. A/C worked great. Breakfast was delicious.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Wished there was a money changer nearby. The hotel also does the exchange but the rates are less competitive than we had hoped.

Firstly, the breakfast spread was amazing. And secondly, it was conveniently located to 8min walk. We felt quite safe walking along the hotel street. Although we couldn't speak a word of Portuguese, we received good help from the reception.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

They always made my friend fill out paper work and wanted me to pay $ if she came up to my room. They were assuming she was there for other reasons than to pick me up to go somewhere. I think they were Rude to her and Out of line. I will not stay here again because of that reason.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Room was a bit small but it did the trick. Also wifi access shut off immediately once I checked out which annoyed me as I couldn't look up directions to where I was going next.

The location was perfect. Close to beach, close to metro, and close to many restaurants/bars/shops around. Breakfast was delicious too.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

There was outside noise from the A/C's. Bathroom sinks were very small.

Clean hotel in great location. Only 2 blocks from Impanema beach. Nice size rooms with basic furniture and decor. Newly renovated bathrooms - great shower power. Friendly staff and nice breakfast. Various restaurants and bars in walking distance.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

During the day it is possible to hear some noise coming from the streets, even though my room was at the last floor. However at night the room was quiet and the sleep undisturbed. The WiFi signal is generally strong enough to have a stable connection.

The room was quite clean and comfortable. The cleaning staff do a good job. The breakfast is good and offers a reasonable variety of food options. The hotel is conveniently located between the two metro stations of Ipanema on a central road with several stores.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Double room - very small - no double bed but 2 ridiculously small single beds. AC unit noisy impossible to sleep even when not working. Bed side lights right in the middle of the beds making it impossible to sit up. Change the room by putting in the double bed that the room was designed for.

Breakfast range adequate

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room with Air Conditioning

A set of scales/balances to weigh my box &, later my suitcase, would have been helpful.

Staff were great. Especially when I needed help with a parcel for Australia. They accompanied me twice to interpret & carry my box to a pharmacy & the Post Office. Parcel has successfully arrived. So much else 😊 I stayed 10 days not two!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Twin Room with Air Conditioning

Friendly helpful english speaking staff, always smiling and could not do more to help you. Simple rooms, cleaned daily with powerful shower and air con. Huge breakfast open from 0630 to 1100 with a great spread of food. Great location two blocks from Ipanema Beach.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Superior Double Room with Air Conditioning

Wi fi.

Everything. The location is the best. Brekfast nice. wi fi ok. Cool staff. My wife lost an gold ear ring and CIDA, the maid, found it in the bathroom and gave her back.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

the room is primitive. everything is basic. the bathroom is so tiny, especially the sink--it is the size of a salad bowl.

location is close to metro and shops

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Superior Twin Room with Air Conditioning

Even on the top floor, there was quite a lot of noise coming from the street until the early hours - 1.30, 2am. Bedlinen is not very comfortable, very narrow and the different sheets get lose and all tangled up.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Superior Triple Room with Air Conditioning

The Beds were hard and uncomfortable, and it got noisy from the traffic since our room faced traffic.

I like that we were about to all have sperate beds, that's a first for me.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Nothing bad to say Really it was just that great of an experience.

I loved the location. 2 blocks from the beach, all kinds of stores and places to eat right there, and close to buses and train system. The staff did everything to make my stay great and comfortable. The free breakfast was out of this world. The overall hotel from my room to the lobby was beautiful and well maintained. And I love the fact that some main staff there spoke and understood English.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Nothing, everything was excellent and a great value for money

Excellent location, in the very safe area of Ipanema, close to all shops and restaurants and 3min away from the beach. Comfortable, spotless clean and quiet rooms. Great service and good choice of fresh fruits for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

The room was a bit noisy (it is facing the street). Not too bad though.

Perfect location (safe, next to many resturants etc.) Hotel is exactly 3 stars -- no more, but no less. Perfect wi-fi. Helpful stuff with good English.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

The room looking on main street was really noisy. I asked to change for quiet room.

I like the staff, was very friendly. Good breakfast as well. Good location, near beach and nice pubs.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Superior Single Room with Air Conditioning

Too much noise from outside, impossible to sleep. Soundproof windows would help. No hot food for breakfast. If you want fried eggs, for example, you must buy them.

The location is very convenient. Hotel staff is helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

The pillows weren't that comfortable, but definitely a minor complaint!

The location is excellent, right in the middle of the shopping and restaurant area of Ipanema and only a few minutes walk from the beach. The staff were excellent - really helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Standard Twin Room with Air Conditioning

1. The elevator was tiny, but functional. This is not a complaint, but a comment. 2. The TV only had one English-speaking channel ( CNN ) - A BBC news channel (or similar) would have provided balance.

I liked the professionalism and friendliness of the staff. They were eager to assist. This applies to the Front Desk staff (day & night ), bell-boys, and kitchen staff.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Superior Single Room with Air Conditioning

Great location - 2 min walk from the beach and the lake, nice street with shops and restaurants, friendly and helpful reception desk, very reliable in booking Rio tour in advance per my request, fantastic breakfast.

All good

Friendly staff and excellent location

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

No facilities like gym and pool.

Great location, breakfast, the front staff spoke good English and great value for money.

• Standard Twin Room with Air Conditioning

very good hotel and stuff

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Small bathroom. Noisy air conditioning. Noise from the building's air conditioning. View from the room quite gloomy.

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

A lot of noise on the facilities

Breakfast and Location

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

First time we booked the room was very small. Second booking was similar price but bigger room

no courtesy water!

Breakfast was good

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Great location and fantastic breakfast. Generally very good relation between price and quality

Old fashioned furniture

Very good breakfast. Friendly staff. Great location, 3 minutes from Ipanema beach

Marks on the bed sheets

Good location close to beach and restaurants in a safe area

• Standard Double Room with Air Conditioning

Great breakfast very good buffet , helpful staff on reception, enabled move to a larger room

• Superior Triple Room with Air Conditioning

Best breakfast we had on our South American trip. Couple blocks to the beach. Felt safe.

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Roof top pool, location to beach, bars & restaurants

Location, cleanness, personnel

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

The bathroom was too small.

The breakfast was good.

Nice ,clean , secure, good location,nice food

Wifi connection

Great location, excelent breakfast

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Room may be a little small, but service and breakfast are excellent.

Location and breakfast

The AC is very loud.

The place is located perfectly. Everything is close. Service is rather good.

• Standard Single Room with Air Conditioning

Very convenient location. Near beaches, restaurants, shopping, cafes, transportation. Good value for the money. Good breakfast.

The location was wonderful